mtenis.pun.pl - forum fanów tenisa ATP

Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#1 02-11-2008 23:37:26

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Robby Ginepri

Amerykanin - moim zdaniem zawodnik grający szalenie efektownie, mający potencjał spokojnie na "top-30 co pokazał latem 2005 roku - obecnie znowu gra poniżej oczekiwań.W karierze wygrał 2 turnieje (Newport,Indianapolis).
Był w 1/2 finału w US Open i Mastersach w Madrycie i Cincy - o mały włos nie ograł Federera (2005,2008).
Sympatyczny hamburger, być może są kobiety, które rzekłyby, że wręcz "apetyczny"

http://www.thetennischannel.com/Ttc/Programs/ginepri1.jpg

Oficjalna strona: www.robbyginepri.com

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#2 02-11-2008 23:47:54

Lena

flower power

Ulubiony zawodnik: Marat Safin

Re: Robby Ginepri

Normalnie panie Love nie prowokuj, że pan lwa jak ... kicha xDDDDD
Ja np jestem w stanie powiedzieć, że ten Hamburger jest jak najbardziej haraszo

No matter what happens in 2009, Marat Safin has already cemented himself
as one of the most exciting - if under performing - champions in recent memory.

s: Sydney, Cincinnati '09; d: AO, Londyn '09 - with Syd
s: Johannesburg, Los Angeles '10; d: AO, RG '10 - with Rob

#3 02-11-2008 23:52:25

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Kichający lew

Co do kolegi Ginepriego, to znajomy mi trener tenisa co był niedawno całkiem na USO rzekł, że Robby to typowy mięśniak. "Wystarczy" zagrać jakimś bardziej wyszukanym schematem taktycznym i się chłopak gubi.
I faktycznie się pogubił, co nieco ostatnio gra, ale w 2005 roku myślałem, że ta Jego kariera potoczy się w zupełnie przeciwnym kierunku.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#4 03-11-2008 00:05:11

anula

Kobieta z klasą

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafa Nadal

Jak dla mnie, z tej mąki chleba nie będzie.

#5 26-07-2009 23:22:19

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

http://www.robbyginepri.com/images/Streetwear-Pose---Bio.jpg

#1) Newport
R32      Prakash Amritraj (IND) 6-1, 6-4
R16     Dennis van Scheppingen (NED) 6-4, 7-6(3)   
Q     Ivan Miranda (PER) 7-5, 6-2
S     Gregory Carraz (FRA) 6-3, 7-6(5)
W     Jurgen Melzer (AUT) 6-4, 6-7(3), 6-1

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#6 26-07-2009 23:25:06

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

#2) Indianapolis 2005

R64      Michael Ryderstedt (SWE)  6-1, 6-4
R32     Vincent Spadea (USA) 6-4, 6-3
R16     Paradorn Srichaphan (THA) 6-0, 6-4
Q     Andy Roddick (USA) 4-6, 7-6(2), 7-5
S     Karol Beck (SVK) 5-7, 6-2, 6-3
W     Taylor Dent (USA) 4-6, 6-0, 3-0 RET

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2005/20050726/sp2.jpg

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#7 27-07-2009 10:01:36

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

#3) Indianapolis 2009

R32 Sebastien De Chaunac (FRA)  7-5, 5-7, 6-2
R16 Eduardo Schwank (ARG)  6-7(1), 6-3, 6-0
Q Alex Bogomolov Jr. (USA)  7-5, 6-1
S John Isner (USA)  6-4, 6-3
W Sam Querrey (USA)  6-2, 6-4

http://i32.tinypic.com/352iz6g.jpg

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#8 06-10-2009 21:21:10

szeva

User

Dla mnie to kolejny z młodych Amerykanów któremu przepowiadano wielką karierę a nadzieję spełnił może w 50 %

I LOVE TENNIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#9 05-12-2009 20:39:03

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Sezon 2009 w liczbach

Ranking: 97
Tytuły: 1 (Indianapolis)
Finały: 0
Bilans spotkań: 13-21     
Zarobki: $331,990

AO - 1 Runda
RG - 1 Runda
WM -1 Runda
US - 2 Runda

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#10 25-05-2010 17:13:32

Serenity

User

RG 2010 - Wywiad z Robbym po zwycięstwie w 1 rundzie

Q. Sam said you served great, particularly your first serve. You had 81% and won 81% of them. That's 59 points out of only 124 that you won the match with. So would you agree?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Yeah, I agree. I mean, he served extremely well, too, the first set and a half.
I knew if I didn't get a lot of free points on my serve it was gonna be a tough match. He's got such a big forehand. You know, it's always tough playing another American. You know, I was fortunate to get through today, but serve was definitely key for me in the match.

Q. In the end, was it really a tough match?
ROBBY GINEPRI: I mean, after I won the third set and kind of got up a break in the fourth you know, he might have even went away a little bit in the third after I broke him in the first. He's been playing a lot of tennis: four matches in Düsseldorf singles, and also a doubles. I think he was a little burnt out today.

Q. That's what he said. He's going home tomorrow. He's gonna drop out of the doubles.
ROBBY GINEPRI: Yeah, I mean, it's not surprising. He's been over here a long time. I hope that he'll learn from this and realize that obviously this is one of the biggest tournaments. The four Grand Slams are definitely the ones that you need to be the freshest for with it being three out of five.
But he's got a great coach and David Nainkin, and I'm sure they'll sit down and reassess things. I don't think he'll make the same mistake again moving on in his career.

Q. How did you know he was feeling burned out? Did he say that to you?
ROBBY GINEPRI: No, I mean, I kind of went through the same thing. Took a bus here from Düsseldorf. We both played on Saturday; had to sit in a car for almost five hours; got here around like 1:00 a.m. on Sunday.
I was pretty exhausted on Sunday just hitting. It was really fortunate that we played on Tuesday to get an extra day of rest. But I was pretty tired and only played two matches and haven't been over here nearly as long.
Just speaking from experience, just being in Europe for more than three, four weeks, it kind of gets at you mentally. You know, just I think that's what happened with him.

Q. You knew in Düsseldorf you guys were gonna be playing first round, right, because the draw was out?
ROBBY GINEPRI: I didn't actually know. When the draw came out I told everyone, Don't tell me who I'm playing. I don't want to know.
It wasn't until actually I arrived in Paris that my buddy, Travis Rettenmaier had told me who I'm playing. I don't really like looking at the draw. I guess he had known, but I didn't really ask. You know, I said, Who are you guys playing, but he didn't speak up, so I was a little curious.
But what can you do?

Q. How do you strike the proper balance? I mean, with Sam obviously you want the matches on clay, right? You want to be able to get in a good rhythm, footwork, the whole thing, but you don't want to be here too long. It's got to be a little bit difficult to figure out how it works.
ROBBY GINEPRI: Yeah, you definitely want matches. He didn't have a problem getting those. But, you know, they'll sit down and figure out a better schedule next time.
For me, you know, I have a couple weeks over here and then maybe go back and then a couple more weeks over here. That's how I would do it for myself. I've been over here five, six weeks straight and having played the French, same like Sam did, and was just burnt out.
I think they were gonna try to stay here over here through Wimbledon, but I think they're gonna try and go back home, which is a good move for them.

Q. So you want to talk about your year? Played a couple challengers. You had to play some quallies, something you haven't had to do in a while. How has that been? Must be nice to just get a win in the main draw of a slam, huh?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Sure. It's been a long year already for me. I've had some injuries with my neck. Had a few procedures done that have helped that a lot. It's been difficult to train properly and do the things I need to to be at the top.
Just to feel healthy again is just very happy for myself. You know, I served well, which has been a key in the last month of myself playing pretty well again. You know, with a neck problem I haven't been able to do that.

Q. Can you just take us through your last ten days? I mean, ten days ago you weren't even in the draw yet. How did that happen, winding up in Düsseldorf and all that?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Yeah, came over and played a challenger in Bordeaux. Didn't go so well. Had food poisoning the second night I got here, so not a good way to start the Europe trip.
Went to Nice for a couple rounds of quallies hoping that someone would pull out of the main draw of the French. So then if they would, then if I would qually then I could play a tournament that week. That was my idea behind everything.
But ended up losing last round quallies. Came to Paris on Monday to get ready for quallies on Tuesday. Sam texted me saying, You're in. Do you want to come to Düsseldorf? I said, Sure. It was like at around 7:00 at night on Monday.
There was a 9:20 flight; ended up catching that and had to play the next day against Almagro in Düsseldorf. Actually had a match point in that match, and lost 7 6 in the third.
So a pretty busy few days for me. Once I settled in and realized that played a few matches in Düsseldorf and came to Paris, it's been great so far.
Hanging obviously with John and Sam and the Bryans last week was a lot of fun.

Q. And you were saying the car ride, so that whole car ride, that was six hours you didn't know but he knew he was playing you?
ROBBY GINEPRI: I didn't know. I guess he knew. I really didn't know. John didn't say anything. I know when the draw came out, Sam and I were actually hitting that morning. I was like, All right, don't tell me who I play. So he didn't.
But then I asked him, and I guess he said he didn't look yet either. So I don't know if he was lying to me or what.

Q. Did he try to psych you out in any way on the ride over here on the bus?
ROBBY GINEPRI: No. Didn't even come up once. We were just hanging out in the back and just having a lot of jokes.
Four hours later we're here.

Q. You've had some bad luck this year. I remember talking to you about the neck too earlier this year. Do you feel like things are turning your way now?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Sure. Sure. Had a procedure done about a month and a half ago that's really worked really well so far. If it stays like this I mean, the doctor said I might have to do it again in maybe year and a half, two years. If it holds up that long, I'll be extremely happy.
Like I said, it's just nice feeling healthy again.

Q. Can you talk real quick about the conditions here and how the courts are playing.
ROBBY GINEPRI: Yeah, a lot quicker than in Düsseldorf. Yesterday was a pretty warm day here, and today as well. It's pretty quick out there. Tough to stay on your feet. It was a little bit slippery.
But I enjoy the faster conditions, obviously. I think a lot of Americans do as well.

Q. What procedure did you have done on your neck?
ROBBY GINEPRI: I'm not a 100% sure the name of it, but they go in and burn a couple nerves in the neck to prevent the brain from feeling the pain. But there's no real harm to it, no downside at all, so I went with it.

Q. You had a lobotomy. (Laughter.) No.
ROBBY GINEPRI: (Laughter.) They could have done anything. I wouldn't have known.

Q. So they like burn a few nerves?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Yeah, they go in. It's like radio frequency I think it might be called.

Q. Because you had trouble serving in Australia, right?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Uh huh, just serving and even turning my head right to left. So figured it out. This doctor was extremely good in Atlanta. Pretty happy that I got the procedure done and can move forward and focus on tennis.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/ … 81268.html

#11 28-05-2010 22:45:08

Serenity

User

RG 2010 - wywiad z Robbym po zwycięstwie w 2 rundzie

Q. You doubled your win count this year. What's your explanation? Obviously you've had some good results here before, but I'm sure your expectations weren't sky high coming in here.
ROBBY GINEPRI: Yeah, I mean, maybe that's why I'm doing well. Didn't really have too many expectations like you said coming into this event.
Usually that's when good things happen, when you least expect it.

Q. How do you feel like you were playing today? Are striking the ball any differently from the other day?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Played okay. The conditions were a little bit different. The two days off kind of threw me off a little bit. Didn't feel like my rhythm was as sharp as it was when I played Sam on Tuesday.
Um, but just fought pretty hard throughout the whole match and won the points when I needed to. Had some chances in the first, but he played some tough points.
Like I said, I'm fortunate to get through and see another day here.

Q. Who's here with you?
ROBBY GINEPRI: By myself.

Q. In the past you haven't had necessarily success on clay. Can you explain what you think is the reason for your success?
ROBBY GINEPRI: I always enjoyed playing on the clay. It's never been that issue. Couple great clay court coaches, Jose Higueras and Diego Moyano. Worked with a lot great players in the past, and learned a lot from them in the last few years. I've used my, you know, talent on the clay with their advice, and it's all coming together now.
I think playing a lot of matches in the last couple weeks has also given me a lot of confidence and realize what I need to do on the clay and be a little bit more patient than normal.
Just pretty much taking a hardcourt game onto a clay court. I can hit the big shots through the court when I need to, and grind if I have to.

Q. That was your success in 2005. You really could grind and hit through the ball when you needed to. Is that something you're starting to feel again? How is your body holding up after couple best of five set matches?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Yeah, I feel strong. Two days off. You know, I was ready to go yesterday, but I was fortunate that I didn't have to go on and off, on and off. That's the toughest part about the rain delays.
Just coming back here again today and staying solid. Felt okay today. Didn't play particularly well, but like I said, I fought hard and won the points I needed to.

Q. So Ferrero maybe in the next round. Not sure, but...
ROBBY GINEPRI: I think he won.

Q. Did he?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Yeah. It'll be a pretty good test for me. Obviously winning here in the past he knows how to play on this stuff. It's gonna be a dogfight out there. I'm gonna be ready for some long points, and try to apply my power to his game and see what happens.
Try to get a good scouting report on him and get some rest and see how it goes tomorrow.

Q. Gonna take some more risks against him?
ROBBY GINEPRI: You know, I'm gonna have to think about how I'm gonna play him. I played him once but it was Wimbledon on the grass, so a little bit different conditions.
He's extremely solid on both sides and moves very, very well. Gonna have to play patient. Obviously when I have my opportunities, I'm gonna have to take 'em.

Q. Mardy was 5 5 in the fifth. I don't know if you saw that.
ROBBY GINEPRI: Uh huh.

Q. You two coming in here would be two of the guys of the main Americans least expected to be in the third round. Talk about that for a second.
ROBBY GINEPRI: Yeah, anybody can play at any given time if their mind is into it. Obviously mine is right now. Mardy has been hurt in the past. I think he's pretty eager and fired up to play some tennis again.
You know, I was watching some of it. It was 5 All, like you said. Hopefully he pulls it out. I don't know if he's gotten past the second round here or not, but it would be a great win for him.
Be happy for him if he gets through it. Just another American through.

Q. With whom do you practice usually here at Roland Garros? How many hours do you train?
ROBBY GINEPRI: To be honest, I didn't practice too much here. I was in Düsseldorf and didn't arrive until Sunday, so I didn't get too much time on the courts.
Just been pretty much warming up and playing my matches the last few days the way the rain and the schedule has been.
I hit with Andy Roddick on the day off after my first win for 30 minutes. Not too hard, so...

Q. And besides the matches, off the court you hang out with the other players who have survived the first two rounds?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Yeah, I've been...

Q. Is there a bond between you?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Been hanging out with Travis Rettenmaier. He's playing in the doubles. He's undefeated here at the French, 1 0, so pretty happy for him. He won his first tournament a few weeks ago in Serbia, so he's starting to play well.
But, you know, the guys schedules are so difficult to go out to eat. And, you know, where they're staying, it's tough. So we're staying at the same hotel, so it's good.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/ … 63057.html

#12 29-05-2010 23:48:09

Serenity

User

Getting to know… Robby Ginepri

Robby Ginepri, once ranked as high as world No.15 in 2005, will face none other than Novak Djokovic in the fourth round on Monday. To help the American relax before taking on this difficult task, today’s “getting to know” interview has a humorous theme.

When did you last have a fit of the giggles?
Yesterday. I generally try to have one a day, and it’s easy when I’m with my friends. I laugh pretty easily so that helps.

Your favourite comedy?
“Without limits,” about Steve Prefontaine.

What makes you laugh most?
Just hanging out with my friends, in good company. When I do that, I know I’m going to laugh.

Your favourite comedian?
Adam Sandler, Chris Rock and Vince Vaughn. Out of the women, I really like Eva Mendes but she doesn’t do many funny movies (smiles).

The funniest player on the tour?
Djokovic. He often clowns around.

Can you laugh about everything?
No, I don’t laugh about death. That’s impossible.

What is the most boring thing about the tour?
When it rains and you have to wait without knowing when you’ll be able to play or practice.

If you could be in a comedy, what role would you want?
I’d love to play a spy.

What is your favourite joke?
I don’t know if I can tell it (laughs). Let’s just say it’s a story about a guy who likes peanuts.

Any funny anecdotes you can share?
I dropped my tray in the players’ restaurant at the tournament in Bordeaux two weeks ago…

Who’s the funniest person you know?
My friends Jeff Derijke and Marc Harris.

What is the most memorable thing you’ve experienced thanks to tennis?
Playing in front of 30,000 people who are rooting for me, at the US Open, on the biggest court in the world.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/ … 15428.html

#13 30-05-2010 10:10:23

Serenity

User

RG 2010 - wywiad z Robbym po zwycięstwie w 3 rundzie

Q. About three weeks ago I think you played in Bordeaux and lost in the first round to a British player. What's the transformation? What's happened in the intervening few days?
ROBBY GINEPRI: I didn't get food poisoning a couple days before the match, so obviously with that being said, I couldn't show a good effort in the match.

Q. So what's the story here? I mean, that was a tremendous performance again today. What's behind it?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Yeah, it was a lot of fun out there. It wasn't the best conditions. A lot of clay getting in both of our eyes, and pretty heavy conditions out there throughout the whole match, and spitting every other set it felt like.
But, yeah, I just fought hard throughout the whole match, and ended up getting the victory in the end.

Q. You've worked with one of the greatest coaches probably of our generation: José Higueras. I know you're kind of flying solo now, but is there a good hangover from having worked with him when you've come back here?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Yeah, definitely. I spoke with him a few days ago about my first match with Sam, and he gave me a lot of good insight obviously on that match, and also throughout the time that we spent together in Palm Springs and working together.
Then he recommended another great coach, Diego Moyano, who is a very hard worker from Argentina, and is also very brilliant on the clay, as well. Working with both of them, they've given me great insight on how to apply my tools to the clay, and it's showing this week so far.

Q. With the van ride and everything else and the food poisoning, this all seems very strange to us. I mean, have you ever had sort of a run up to a Slam quite this weird?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Not that way.

Q. Yeah.
ROBBY GINEPRI: It's not usually the way you want to come into a Grand Slam. The trip couldn't have started worse, so there's only an upside to it. I guess this is it.

Q. What was your thought going against a former champion? And, you know, are you stunned by this result to a certain extent? Or really, no? You were ready for it?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Yeah, I really wasn't sure what to expect going into this match. I don't do well with game plans, so I just kind of went out there and tried to apply my game, kind of feel the match as it went on.
But it was a tough fight. You know, he's such a great competitor out there. I knew he wasn't going to give up after I was up two sets to love. You can never count someone out like that.
But, you know, I hung in there and wasn't too nervous when I served the game out at 5 3. Made a couple unforced errors and didn't really play long points, and then fought hard to get the break and go on to the fourth round.

Q. Was there a moment in the fifth set that you felt it turn? What did you do to make it happen?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Yeah, there's a couple games that turned the match. I mean, he got up a break early in the fifth set, and I ended up breaking him at love the next game. So it was a big turnaround for me.
Like I said, I just competed well throughout the whole match. I never got down on myself, and always gave myself another opportunity to see another point.

Q. Is it a stretch to say you feel at home?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Well, the initials of the tournament are RG, so it's kind of right there. You could say it's a coincidence, but see if I can get through.

Q. It doesn't get easier in the next round, obviously. Your thoughts on that?
ROBBY GINEPRI: I don't know who I play, so someone can tell me. I never look at the draw.

Q. Djokovic.
ROBBY GINEPRI: Okay. We'll assess some things tomorrow. We played twice. played him in the Olympics; two sets for him. But, you know, he's one of the best players in the world. It's gonna be another fight out there.
And, you know, I'll lace my shoes up and see what happens.

Q. In the second two sets when he came back and he was up, did you still feel like you were in control of the match? Seemed like you still weren't going for too much and kept the ball playing as you had in the first two sets and it worked out for you.
ROBBY GINEPRI: His game raised. After he lost, I knew he was going to try to make a charge. I went down a notch in my level. But, you know, hat's off to him; he competed well.
When it got into the fifth, it's anybody's match. We've been out there for a few hours, and we're both feeling pretty confident. Just, you know, hung in there.

Q. What about the atmosphere of the crowd out there? I think at one point you were about to serve and they were still doing the wave and you decide today go for it.
ROBBY GINEPRI: It's great to see it. I played Florent Serra a few years ago on the same court, and they were all cheering for him. I don't mind it. I like hostile crowds. It's always fun playing on Grand Slams. The atmosphere is always a little bit different than other events.

Q. Is your neck bothering you in any way, shape, or form? Do you feel anything at all when you're playing?
ROBBY GINEPRI: When I wake up there's a little bit of soreness, but never like I had before. I just get a little bit of treatment and stay on it. It's been holding up fine. That's really what I'm more pleased about than actually being in the fourth round, that I'm feeling healthy again.

Q. What was your range of motion prior to the procedure, and what is it now?
ROBBY GINEPRI: I mean, if it flares up, you know, there's not too much range of motion going on. I can't really turn my head to the south. When I raise back to try to serve, you know, it's just very painful.
But after the procedure, I'm pretty much back to 100%.

Q. You are suddenly, you know, the last American man. The Bryans went down, and obviously Andy went down. Here you are carrying the flag again.
ROBBY GINEPRI: I'll do what I can to represent the U.S. as well as I can. You know, you don't really think about that. Obviously you want as many Americans in the tournament as you can. But if I'm the last man standing, you know, so be it.

Q. You had that run at the Open a few years back. As you get deeper into a Grand Slam like this, do you draw on that experience you had in New York, or is that just kind of part of your history and not really relevant this week?
ROBBY GINEPRI: No, it always comes into play a little bit, you know. Having the experience of being there definitely pays off. I've played a lot of five set matches there, and knew I could grind through a lot of five set wins.
It definitely takes some confidence going into five set matches. Here I am fourth round again at the French Open. Hopefully I can push on.

Q. Does anything like that in those five setters cross your mind when you're sitting there today going into a fifth set?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Not really. Every match is a new match. You know, look across the net and it's a different opponent day by day. You know, like I said, just really happy I'm in the fourth round again.

Q. Talk about the neck procedure and if you can imagine when that was getting done that a number of months later you'd be in fourth round and carrying the flag.
ROBBY GINEPRI: Yeah, just very happy again that my neck's feeling close to 100% again. It's tough when you wake up and you're not sure if you're going to be able to practice or if it's going to go out midway through practice or even in the match.
It's a constant worry, and definitely takes a lot of energy out of you when you have to waste your time worrying about something like that.

Q. What exactly was it? Pinched nerve?
ROBBY GINEPRI: I don't exactly know the name of it. The procedure is kind of they go in and burn the nerves, so, you know, the brain can't feel any pain. There's no downside to it, which is good. The surgeon was very, very good in Atlanta. Just went with it, and it's working.

Q. Finally, Agassi used to say he took real pride in taking the legs out of his opponents. J.C. talked about how he was really fried late in the match. Do you take pride in doing that? Did you feel that?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Yeah, I took a page out of Andre's book. I enjoyed speaking with him and playing with him over the years. But I know that's what he really fought hard to do, especially early stages of the match.
I felt extremely fit out there all day long. We're having 20 , 30 point rallies. Definitely takes its toll on both players. Tried to endure as much pain as I needed to to win the match.

Q. You called for the trainer, I think it was the fourth set, and they came out and treated your foot. Can you tell us maybe a little bit more about what that was and if it's going to affect you in the next round?
ROBBY GINEPRI: I had a blister that built up in the previous two matches, and they just came out and put a new bandage on. Should be okay.

Q. Where the nerves were burned, is that spot permanently numb now?
ROBBY GINEPRI: No. The nerves will come back within 16 months to two years. You know, if it flares up again, just have the procedure done again.

Q. It was two years you had neck trouble, you said?
ROBBY GINEPRI: About that, yeah.

Q. What was the worst moment of that? Where did it really seize up on you, or was it just a low level pain that stopped or didn't even get extreme, I guess is my question?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Yeah, when it was on the court, I felt something. Just kind of yanked up on a forehand and immediately felt it. It was down in Australia when it happened, and didn't think anything of it at the time. But it gradually got worse. I had to shut it down for a few weeks.
And then last year at Queen's I was on the practice court, and just kind of went out on me and just had to kind of lay on the couch for two, three days and couldn't move. Got it okay to play, and five days before Wimbledon kind of same thing, so...
And then earlier this year in Australia I couldn't serve five days before the tournament. So it's tough when such a big aspect when you're serving, it's such a big part of the men's game today. But, you know, we're through it now and pretty happy.

Q. Unless I'm mistaken, I think you have Novak next.
ROBBY GINEPRI: Right.

Q. Two things: Could you first of all talk about him; pretty tough matchup. Secondly, are you going to take some of the dough you're gonna win here the notes say you don't have a coach and are you going to go out and get a high powered coach to tell you what to do?
ROBBY GINEPRI: I'm playing pretty well now. Had someone, coach and trainer, for pretty much the majority of my career. It's nice being out on the court and on the practice court just being able to listen to my own thoughts and not have someone always telling you what they think you should do or not.
But when the time is right, I'll probably figure out if I need a coach and get that done.
Then obviously with Novak, it's gonna be a tough match. He's been playing well. And like I said, just be ready for another fight.

Q. Along those lines, couple years ago you had a team around you with Diego and Jamie. Now you are going solo, qualifying, playing challengers. Is there is some pride here in digging deep kind of coming back and storming back into everything?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Yeah, I enjoy it. You know, playing the challenger Tallahassee was definitely a wakeup call. I haven't really won any matches going into it except one. So to get to the finals there and actually I had to retire but to actually get some wins definitely took some confidence again.

Q. I'm not sure if you said this before, but are you going to call José or speak to him before playing Novak? Was there anything that he told you that you can tell us about getting ready for this surface and working here? Was there something that kicked in for you?
ROBBY GINEPRI: I mean, I didn't even speak to him after the match with Querrey.

Q. So that was before?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Yeah.

Q. Did you have a long drive here? I didn't quite grasp that.
ROBBY GINEPRI: We were all in Düsseldorf for the World Team Cup, and rode with Querrey and Isner and Mark Kovacs, the USTA trainer. Four and a half hours with the boys, pretty easy. Some good laughs. We're here.

Q. I think I talked to you after the US Open in a little room. Had you ever considered retiring, or have you ever gotten anywhere near that point?
ROBBY GINEPRI: No, never. It's never crossed my mind.

Q. The Open run was really your big splash in your career. In terms of the big picture, reaching the fourth at Roland Garros, is there a little bit of redemption there, a little bit of joy big picture wise? I know you just got off the court and had a tough match, but if you could address that.
ROBBY GINEPRI: Obviously what I did at the US Open was a huge achievement for me. If I can, you know, even make the quarters of a Grand Slam again, that would be phenomenal. Reaching the semis again would just be another tip to the head.
But I don't know. Like I said, I'm just really happy that I'm playing well again and that I'm healthy and moving well, feeling well. See what happens.

Q. Just briefly on Novak, he moves so well on the baseline. How do you bring him down? How do you attack him?
ROBBY GINEPRI: I can't share that with you guys.

Q. Just curious, when you're in a van with Isner and Querrey, is there a lot of leg stretching going on? Do you have to get out and stop? Do you sit like that the whole time?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Their legs are about as long as me.

Q. Must be an uncomfortable journey. Were they in the passenger seat or back?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Two sitting here and two sitting here. We're all facing each other. So we kind of rotate every 30 minutes or so. I think John had to go to the bathroom with about 45 minutes left. I was a little bit upset. Could have got there 30 minutes sooner.

Q. Who drove?
ROBBY GINEPRI: We hired a driver.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/ … 62770.html

#14 31-05-2010 21:32:48

Serenity

User

RG 2010 - wywiad po porażce w 4 rundzie

Q. Bad luck, Robby. You seemed to have things under control at the end of the second set. What switched it around?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Little unlucky not to win the first set. I thought I outplayed him. Just didn't capitalize on breakpoints. Obviously the second set turned it around a little bit. I think he started missing a little bit more and I was finding my rhythm.
Then I guess beginning of the third set I was up 30 Love in that first service game, and I slipped on the overhead at 15 30, and, you know, did a few pushups; never doing those again on court. I think that kind of changed the momentum a little bit.
I don't know. It was just a tough way to go out in the third. And the fourth set, was little unhappy with how it ended.

Q. You're the last of the Mohicans for the Americans. Did you picture anything like that when you started the tournament?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Not really. You don't go into a tournament hoping you're the last American. If it works out that way, fine. If not, you know, you just try to worry about yourself.
There are so many tough matches you have to get through in a Grand Slam. Three out of five, anything is possible. Just worked out that I was the last American again.

Q. What was the lowest you were ever on the computer?
ROBBY GINEPRI: When I first started I didn't even have a ranking.

Q. Oh, yeah. What was your...
ROBBY GINEPRI: Um, I probably dropped to maybe 170, 180, maybe.

Q. When was that?
ROBBY GINEPRI: I think 2007, beginning of 2007.

Q. Why?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Good question.

Q. Looking at your record in these Majors, you either seem to have a long run or lose right away. Is there some sort of momentum? Are you a momentum player? I just thought that was a strange...
ROBBY GINEPRI: Yeah, usually the first match I kind of get some rhythm going, get some confidence, get a little bit more belief in myself.
You know, it's tough to say. Maybe I'm a little bit slow starter if I don't win that first round match in tournaments. After I do win a match I usually go pretty deep.
Just cross my fingers I can get those first round matches under my belt, and good things usually happen.

Q. You managed to level at one set apiece. How did you feel? Were you optimistic? Did you feel you had a real chance to beat him?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Yeah, I was feeling good. Even though I lost the first set, I was still pretty happy with the way I was playing. I thought I was dictating a lot of the rallies.
In the third set after I got broke, I kind of let my foot off the gas a little bit. He started controlling more of the rallies. Any short balls I was hitting, he would just exploit them. You know, he would attack.
I thought he stepped his game up a lot more. He started playing a little bit bigger, hitting the balls deeper. Anything that he tried, it seemed like it worked. If I would step in to hit a second serve return, you know, he'd serve a big one to my forehand and my body.
Hats off to him. He played well, I thought, in the third and fourth set.

Q. You spoke about sort of a hot or cold situation in these tournaments. But also in your career as a whole, has there sort of been some streaks? You know, good junior career and then some troubles, then the '04/'05 period darn good, et cetera, et cetera.
ROBBY GINEPRI: Juniors I was pretty solid always. I had a pretty tough career. I was pretty tough to beat in the juniors.
But into the pros, a couple years it took to kind of get to the top. 2003, had a great year reaching I think I won my first tournament the. Then '04 I got to fourth round of the Australian Open and Wimbledon.
So I've had good results, but it's always been a roller coaster ride. Hopefully I can manage that a now little bit better. Off to Queen's next, and hopefully can take some positives out of this week and go into that tournament and play well.

Q. The neck aside, when you say roller coaster ride, I'm assuming you mean it's more of a question of mental and how you're approaching the game and whether you're engaged or not. Obviously you've gone through a lot; a little bit older. What has this run done for your sort of mental engagement with the game? Are you feeling sort revived by it? What does it do for you?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Yeah, I'm very ecstatic when what's been going on this week, coming into this tournament having one victory the whole year. It's a pretty terrible stat.
But to be able to play here and win some matches and beat Juan Carlos in five, definitely was thrilled about that victory. Then to have Novak one set apiece and having some chances to do something else.
But I'll take some positives away from this. I'll learn from it again, which I always do with every loss. I'm good.

Q. Can you talk about your immediate plans? You mentioned going to Queen's. Are you going to take a couple days before you get back on the court? How are you going to switch to grass? Can you talk about the preparation, please.
ROBBY GINEPRI: I'll take a few days off, reflect on some things here, and get my mindset ready to compete as well as I can in Queen's. I always look forward to that event. It's very fun playing on the grass. I enjoy it. Won my first tour event there, so I know I can play well.
You know, hopefully I can go pretty deep in the grass court season, and off to the hardcourts, which I feel very comfortable on.

Q. Fourth game of the final set, you had some words with the chair ump, and then there was that crazy mishit.
ROBBY GINEPRI: I felt like that he played that ball and then he stopped because it didn't go in and then checked the mark. But it's not up to me. It's up to the umpire.
Just a little disappointing, because there were a few calls that seemed to, you know, always go his way. I mean, if it was out, then it's out; but, you know, I thought he played it.
No biggie, it's not like it turned the match or anything. It wasn't a big point. You know, he played well. He's not No. 3 in the world for nothing. He's one of the best out there, and he beat me today.

Q. Was your issue more with Novak or with the chair umpire?
ROBBY GINEPRI: No, just with the chair ump. I think he should have gotten out of the chair immediately. He kind of stayed up there a little bit longer. Just kind of agreed with Novak and really didn't listen to anything I said.
He was gonna, you know, stay with that call regardless.

Q. I'm just wondering if it carried over to the next point where you sort of shot the ball up. Or no?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Not really. Left it at that.

Q. How is it to play against Novak? It looks like he's tired, that he can't breathe, and then on the next point he runs.
ROBBY GINEPRI: Yeah, no, I know Novak is extremely fit. He goes deep in a lot of Slams and plays some long matches. I think he's just trying to get as much air into his lungs by taking deep breaths.
With that being said, it doesn't really affect me at all.

Q. I think Patrick McEnroe was in the stands. How is the coaching situation? Has he been helping you for this tournament?
ROBBY GINEPRI: I just saw him briefly yesterday for the first time. You know, he was just up there supporting me in my match.

Q. You said something a little while ago about hopefully you can manage the success better from here. How do you do that? Also, do you have any theories on what has gone wrong, you know, in the past when your ranking has gone down?
ROBBY GINEPRI: I think in the past it's been a little bit of motivation from a day in, day out perspective. One day I'd be really happy on the court and want to play, and the next just not want to hit. You can't do that as a professional.
You've got to go to work each day, no matter what kind of day it is. If you're feeling down, you have to find some positives and take some momentum into the practices and do your very best.
That's what I'm going to try to work on from here on out. I'm 27 now. You know, my career is kind of midway through, and I feel like I can still do a lot of damage out there.

Q. You're not exactly known for your flashy showmanship through your career. But you called on your inner Jack Palance with the pushups. What happened? Talk about that.
ROBBY GINEPRI: I felt a little stupid slipping and falling on my face, so tried to get the crowd back to my side. You know, maybe that took a little bit of my focus away doing that.
Like I said, I'll probably never do pushups again on court.

Q. Do you think it actually changed...
ROBBY GINEPRI: A little bit. It's hard to say. You never know. It's one of those things that might work for you, but today it didn't.
If I, you know, win the next point and hold that game, then it looks great. But I think I won three games after that, so it's a no no.

Q. So we won't see any more pushups from you on court?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Not on court. If you come to the gym, I'll do some there for you.

Q. You've never done that before?
ROBBY GINEPRI: No.

Q. You've played Davis Cup for a while. Do you consider yourself a candidate now that the lineup seems to be changing?
ROBBY GINEPRI: I know Patrick always likes to take the younger guys, and obviously with Querrey and Isner they've been having a phenomenal year. It's going to be hard to shy away from those guys now.
Obviously the Bryan brothers are pretty much a lock every time they play. I think that's the team for now.

Q. What would you be doing if you weren't playing tennis? Were you going to go to college or...
ROBBY GINEPRI: I probably would have gone to college. But, you know, I had to make the decision. I was young. I played Roddick in the finals of the junior US Open, and he was probably around 150 at the time doing pretty well.
Pretty much raised my levels with him throughout the juniors. I had a tough match with him, and felt like it was a good decision to go pro. It's been working. I've been happy with that.

Q. There was a rumor that said you'd be pumping gas if you weren't playing tennis.
ROBBY GINEPRI: Where at? Chevron or Shell?

Q. You've had a good run at the French Open, but the downside is that you've played a lot of games and sets. Today at one point did you feel a bit tired? Did you feel like your legs were not reacting as quickly as you wanted?
ROBBY GINEPRI: I felt pretty fit the whole match. I was a little disappointed, like I said, with how the last two sets went. I thought I had a lot more in the tank to give, but I just didn't get a good opportunity.
Novak was playing too well, was hitting some of the best shots I've seen, and made some unbelievable drop volleys when I would get the ball down low to him. Just felt like he had an answer for everything that I was doing to him.
He played better than I did today.

Q. Have you ever played on a worse day than when you beat Juan Carlos, the conditions?
ROBBY GINEPRI: It's tough to say. I think that was probably one of the toughest conditions I've had to play in. It wasn't fun that when every other point there was clay getting in your eyes.
It was very heavy conditions out there, but I took pride in that match. I knew he was going through the same things. It was whoever was going to stay mentally stronger was going to succeed in that match.

Q. Do you think that Novak can win the French Open?
ROBBY GINEPRI: Anything is possible in sports. You know, there's always an opportunity for anyone that day. The good thing about tennis, you know, it's one on one combat, so if someone's not feeling up to it that day, the other person is usually going to win.
He's extremely talented. He plays really fast off the ground. He's very quick, very flexible. I was surprised on how well he would slide into a lot of the shots when I'd get him off court.
I've seen his flexibility in the locker room, so he can go deep. I don't know his draw. Obviously Nadal and Federer are the two contenders here, but he's beaten both of them before. I know he believes that he can do it. We'll see how he does.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/ … 26389.html

#15 24-12-2010 20:47:33

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

2010 w liczbach

Ranking: 144
Turnieje: 0
Finały: 0
Mecze: 8-14
Zarobki: $274,201

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#16 15-07-2011 23:01:59

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Ginepri gets Atlanta chance after squirrel caused bike crash

http://tennistalk.com/images/article/880.jpg

Robby Ginepri will get a second chance on his career with a wild card entry into next week's Atlanta ATP event, hometown tournament for the one-time US Open semi-finalist.

The 29-year-old is ranked 370th after missing six months of play after a mountain bike crash last autumn in which a squirrel ran into his path causing a fall which broke his left elbow.

Ginepri once reached the ATP Top 15 and won three tournament titles, including two in Indianapolis, the event which Atlanta replaced in 2010.

His last tour-level tournament was the US Open, he won a round a year ago in Atlanta. "I'm so thankful to be back playing tennis, and for the opportunity to play in front of my hometown fans in Atlanta," said Ginepri. "It's a great tournament, and I hope that people from all over the area can come out and support me and the other amazing professionals."

The hardcourt event is heavy on Americans, with seven in the field including holder Mardy Fish who will try to recover from Davis Cup disappointment last weekend in Austin in the loss to Spain.

http://tennistalk.com/en/news/20110715/ … bike_crash

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

Stopka forum

RSS