Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#21 15-09-2009 08:28:48

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Re: Roger Federer vs Rafael Nadal

You’re Either for Federer or Nadal, Not Both
By Jeffrey Marcus

The two most popular — and dominant — players in the men’s draw at the United States Open are inching ever closer to the final many expected. Sure, Roger Federer still has to defeat Novak Djokovic on Saturday afternoon, and Rafael Nadal faces the imposing Juan Martin Del Potro in the semifinals, but few fans will be satisfied with anything but Roger and Rafa duking it out for the title.

They’ve had memorable meetings in Grand Slam finals, like Nadal’s epic, grueling victory over Federer at Wimbledon last year. That’s what fans of both players want to see. For all the talk about Djokovic’s revamped image or Andy Murray’s promise (unfulfilled), the past two weeks have seemed like little more than buildup to Federer-Nadal.

On days when Federer plays, the United States National Tennis Center is teeming with fans wearing Nike’s “Advantage Federer” T-shirts and the “RF” logo on red and black hats and track jackets. They look like cosmopolitan alumni at a well-catered college football tailgate. When Nadal plays, his fans wear bright yellow and green T-shirts proclaiming their love for “RRRRAAAFFA,” as if he were a singularly monikered futbol star.

For fans of these two men, you’re either for one or the other, certainly not both.

The Nike concession near the entrance to Arthur Ashe Stadium is marketing the partisan dichotomy to fans as they would any sporting rivalry. Show your pride. Support your player. Buy our stuff. Fans are responding. The Federer and Nadal lines are neck and neck at the register, according to Nike, and often sell out, depending on who is playing on a given day.

The two players’ lines of clothing are not just inspired (and marketed) by Federer and Nadal, but they are also designed specifically for each player’s proclivities on the court.

“Rafa has a more powerful style,” said Janice Lucena, the design director for Nike’s tennis line. “He grinds, sprints, runs. He needs more moisture management.”

Switching from his signature sleeveless top to a polo for the Open meant Lucena’s team had to be creative with the placement of mesh.

Federer, as his fans note, never seems to sweat. He’s got a streamlined game and Nike aimed to dress him that way. “With Federer, we try to eliminate, take away as many distractions as possible,” Lucena said. She noted that Federer’s red and black polos did not have stitching. Instead, seams and plaquettes are bonded, using a sort of glue.

These subtleties may be lost on most weekend players, but they matter to elite athletes who can be sensitive to the slightest variations (and are sometimes quite superstitious). Besides, fans are not likely to pay as much attention to seamless plaquettes and mesh underarms as they are to their player’s colors. But unlike football or baseball fans, who wear replica jerseys, tennis fans get a chance to wear the same shirts, shorts and head bands as the pros.

“Obviously, as a brand, it’s an advantage to have so many of our top athletes so deep in the tournament, creating more attraction to our products by fans,” said Derek Kent, Nike’s communications director for New York. And although tennis is a small part of Nike’s brand business, Kent said, the game’s two top players (yes, Nadal is No. 3 right now, but will soon reclaim the No. 2 spot) are leading a U.S. Open sales boom among fans.

For good reason: the Federer-Nadal rivalry, at this point in tennis, may be the closest thing the sport has to Yankees-Red Sox or Redskins-Cowboys. As Lucena notes, “It’s a great to be a fan of this time and place in tennis right now.”

http://straightsets.blogs.nytimes.com/2 … -not-both/

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#22 06-10-2009 14:26:34

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

http://www.tennisserver.com/images/atp2004/federer/IMG_0485sm2.jpg

Kiedy Rafa leciał do Pekinu, Roger będąc w Jego wieku spędzał wakacje po pierwszym wygranym sezonie w ATP - 2004.
Kilka dni wcześniej Szwajcar po raz drugi wygrał Turniej Mistrzów.

STAN NA DZIEŃ : 03.10.2009 rok
( wiek 23 lata , 4 miesiące )

Roger Federer vs Rafael Nadal
wygrane turnieje/przegrane finały 22 ( 8 ) - 36 ( 10 )
Tms (finały) 4 (2) - 15 (5)
Tmc (finały)  2 - 0
Gs (finały) 4 - 6 (2)
ranking 1 - 1
ilość tyg jako #1:  46 - 46
ilość wygranych sezonów (Year End #1): 1 - 1

Wyniki Rogera pochodzą z dnia 08.12.2004 r.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#23 15-10-2009 16:23:52

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Andre Agassi says Federer-Nadal era is ending

HONG KONG -- Andre Agassi says Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal's domination of the men's game is coming to an end, tipping Scotsman Andy Murray as the most likely successor.

"Now we have possibly the changing of the guard. You have those top two who are now losing ground to the likes of (Novak) Djokovic and Murray and (Juan Martin) del Potro," Agassi told reporters in Hong Kong by phone from Las Vegas.

Nadal has struggled with injuries since his stunning exit in the fourth round of the French Open. Federer won the French and Wimbledon, breaking Pete Sampras' record of 14 Grand Slams, but was beaten in the U.S. Open final by 21-year-old Argentine del Potro. It was the first Grand Slam won by a player other than Federer or Nadal since Djokovic won the 2008 Australian Open.

Agassi, who preceded Federer in winning all four grand slam tournaments over his career, believes the Swiss "still has the chance to do some more special things," but the 28-year-old's chances are diminishing with age.

Agassi, who was promoting his upcoming exhibition match against Sampras in the Chinese gambling enclave Macau on Oct. 25, worried that Nadal's injuries may be chronic.

"If you're struggling with your knee, it tends to be recurring and not to be easy to do, so I got to believe he'll struggle with it probably for his career," Agassi said.

Agassi said the 22-year-old Murray is the man most likely to be the dominant figure over the next few years. The world No. 3 is still seeking his first Grand Slam title.

"From a talent standpoint, Murray is a person who should win multiple Slams," Agassi said.

"When I look at his game compared to the other players, he has what it takes to win and to win against anybody on any surface."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co … 00199.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#24 15-10-2009 17:01:31

Robertinho

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer forever

Rozumiem, że z wiekiem wzok się pogarsza, ale to już chyba lekka przesada. Jak się porówna Murray'a z najlepszym (28 letnim, o młodszym nawet nie mówię) wydaniem Federera na hard, trawie, a nawet i mączce i z Rafą w normalnej formie z cegły i najlepszych występów z innych nawierzchni, to widać wielkie NIC.

Ostatnio edytowany przez Robertinho (15-10-2009 18:53:32)

#25 15-10-2009 17:06:01

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Dla mnie też tego typu przepowiednie są niezrozumiałe, zwłaszcza po ostatnich turniejach. 3/4 turniejów WS w tym roku to skalpy "Fedala", a w mastersach także imponujący ułamek: 5/7.

Owszem być może częściej dochodzą do głosu inni gracze, ale trudno oczekiwać, by Rafa i Roger cały czas tak dominowali, jak choćby w latach 2005- 2007. Nie oznacza to jednak, by ich częstsze porażki od razu były sygnałem końca przodownictwa tych graczy w rankingu.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#26 21-10-2009 20:20:46

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

A Pete się z Andre nie zgadza

Sampras: Roger, Rafa Still Top Major Threats By Adrianna Outlaw

Sampras on Nadal: He's going to be around in the top two or three in the world for as long as he wants to be. He's an animal, a great athlete, a great player. 

Pete Sampras had the top transition game of his time and when he surveys the pro circuit these days he does not believe there will be major turnover at the top.

The 14-time Grand Slam champion said today he believes World No. 1 Roger Federer will win more Grand Slam titles in the coming years and expects second-ranked Rafael Nadal to retain his spot among the world's top three.

"When push comes to shove, I still like Roger at these majors," Sampras told the Associated Press in a conference call.

The 23-year-old Nadal has won five titles this season, but was sidelined for two months with knee tendonitis, which prevented him from defending his Wimbledon title in June. Nadal, who was runner-up to Nikolay Davydenko in the Shanghai final on Sunday, has not won a tournament title since he beat Novak Djokovic to win Rome in May. Despite Nadal's recent battles with injury, Sampras said the four-time French Open champion remains a top contender for Grand Slam titles.

"He's going to be around in the top two or three in the world for as long as he wants to be," Sampras said. "He's an animal, a great athlete, a great player. He's going to go through different lulls in his game, but when push comes to shove, you're always going to see Rafa in the last couple of days of the event."

The seven-time Wimbledon winner's comments on Federer and Nadal come less than a week after Andre Agassi, Sampras' former archrival, suggested Andy Murray will eventually challenge Federer and Nadal in emerging as a multiple major winner.

"From a talent standpoint, Murray is a person who should win multiple Slams," Agassi said. "When I look at his game compared to the other players, he has what it takes to win and to win against anybody on any surface."

http://www.tennisweek.com/news/fullstor … id=6641587

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#27 21-11-2009 17:22:41

Art

User

Federer – Final field is particularly wide open

Roger Federer sat down with a table of journalists on Friday – including Tennistalk – to answer questions about the upcoming Tour Finals starting on Sunday.

Roger Federer has played two tournaments this fall, with losses to Novak Djokovic and Frenchman Julien Benneteau to show for his efforts. With those recent results in mind, the Swiss was asked how he thought this year’s group of 8 sized up against other years. "I wouldn’t say it’s the toughest," Federer mused. "But this one is particularly wide open."

Federer was referring to the fact that many of the top players have had wins over each other. Novak Djokovic has beaten both Federer and Rafael Nadal in the past two months. Federer also brought up Robin Soderling’s win over Nadal at Roland Garros as perhaps impacting the tournaments (Soderling is in Nadal’s round-robin group).

Unlike Nadal, who claimed that finishing the year No. 1 was not important to him, Federer stated firmly that his goal is to win the tournament and finish the year as the world’s top player.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20091 … _wide_open

#28 26-11-2009 22:05:19

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

STAN NA DZIEŃ : 03.01.2010 rok
( wiek 23 lata , 7 miesiące )

Turnieje/Finały 25 ( 8 ) - 36 ( 11 )
Tms (finały) 4 (2) - 15 (6)
Tmc (finały)  2 - 0
Gs (finały) 4 - 6 (2)
Ranking 1 - 2
Ilość tyg jako #1:  59 - 46
Ilość wygranych sezonów (Year End #1): 1 - 1

Wyniki Rogera pochodzą z dnia 08.03.2005 r.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#29 03-04-2010 01:11:32

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

STAN NA DZIEŃ : 03.04.2010 rok
( wiek 23 lata , 10 miesięcy )

Turnieje/Finały 28 ( 8 ) - 36 ( 11 )
Tms (finały) 7 (2) - 15 (6)
Tmc (finały)  2 - 0
Gs (finały) 4 - 6 (2)
Ranking 1 - 3
Ilość tyg jako #1:  72 - 46

Wyniki Rogera pochodzą z dnia 08.06.2005 r.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#30 28-04-2010 13:45:31

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

ROGER AND RAFA: A CONTRAST IN STYLES
Federer breezes, Nadal broods in press conference

While the top seeds at Masters 1000 tournaments are given a bye in the first round, they still have work to do while their slightly less illustrious counterparts are out on court – they are called on to speak at pre-tournament press conferences. Gatherings such as these are seen by most players as a necessary evil, and most of them (with the odd exception such as the truculent David Nalbandian) are well versed in giving stock answers, deflecting pressure and feeding the media neutral lines.

Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal have obviously had more practice at this art than most, having annexed virtually every major title between them over the past half a decade. On Sunday, they delivered an illustration of how different their styles are. On the court, Federer conserves his energy and can usually be relied on to deliver a master-class in smooth tennis – even when he doesn’t win. Nadal on the other hand is all-action, scrambling around and wearing opponents down. In the press room, they are equally contrasting.

The Swiss world No.1 one was first up, and wasted no time in heaping praise on his rival – a tried and tested tactic of his. “Rafa’s been on a tear these last five years, he’s never lost a shock result, only ever to top 10 or even top 5 players. He should’ve won in Qatar this year but when he had to drop out of the Australian Open due to injury, everyone wrote him off. I suppose he is the number one on clay,” said Federer of his rival who has dropped to No.3 in the ATP standings after injuries and a lean spell up until his recent win in Monte Carlo saw him lose precious ranking points.

Federer was as smooth as his trademark backhand throughout the 15-minute conference. He joked with the assembled journalists about playing doubles here with Yves Allegro and not his gold-medal winning partner Stanislas Wawrinka (“We just used each other for the Olympics, me and Stan!”), happily regaled them with tales of setting up the hotel room differently now that his twin daughters come on tour and was his usual charming and urbane self.

Half an hour later, it was Rafa’s turn. This time last year, he was (if results are to be believed) on unstoppable form. He had won in Monte Carlo, was about to cruise to victory in Rome and was being hailed as the man to take Federer’s crown (a case of “when”, not “if”). His English was improving with every tournament he won, and he was getting more at home in press conferences, cracking the odd smile and showing a good line in wry humour. Injury then blighted the rest of 2009, and though he returned to winning ways in the principality a week ago, the fact that he now can only go as far as his overworked knees will carry him seems to be weighing on his personality.

When told that Roger had declared him the favourite, the old (or rather younger, care-free) Rafa would have praised his opponent to the hilt with a self-effacing smile. 2010 Rafa gave the kind of broody stare he usually reserves for on-court opponents, exhaled loudly then launched into his best impression of a teenager being forced to apologise for crashing his parents’ car. “It only starts today, I only arrived yesterday. It’s a very difficult tournament and the best in the world are here so it’s impossible to say.”

“I felt I didn’t really play well in 2009. I had great results without playing at my best,” he continued, to the surprise of the roomful of journalist who had watched him sweep all before him up until Roland Garros 11 months ago. “For the past one-and-a-half years I’ve had more physical problems that I would have liked to have had. This makes it more important that I run well and practise well now that I have physical problems.”

Questions about approaching the French Open differently now that he is not the defending champion, and the relevance of changing seedings based on past performances at the tournament in question as opposed to basing them purely on current rankings, were met with almost monosyllabic indifference, and only when talk turned to the new centre court here at the Foro Italico did Rafa allow himself to relax a little.

The physical problems he regularly refers to have obviously affected him mentally to a similar extent. Who knows, perhaps if he retains his title here then storms back to reclaim “his” French Open crown, we will see the return of the carefree young Majorcan that so many grew to appreciate in 2008 and 2009. The last year or so has seen him realise that he can no longer take tennis for granted though – a harsh realisation for someone who lives and breathes the sport like Nadal...

www.internazionalibnlditalia.it/1/PopNe … IDNews=539

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#31 17-05-2010 12:38:50

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

STAN NA DZIEŃ : 03.06.2010 rok
(wiek 24 lata)

Turnieje/Finały 30 ( 8 ) - 39 ( 12 )
Tms (finały) 7 (2) - 18 (6)
Tmc (finały)  2 - 0
Gs (finały) 5 - 6 (2)
Ranking 1 - 2
Ilość tyg jako #1:  80 - 46

Wyniki Rogera pochodzą z dnia 08.08.2005 r.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#32 17-05-2010 23:38:12

Ronni

User

Federer, Nadal at odds over Madrid victory significance

Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal have agreed to disagree on the significance of the Spaniard's revenge title at the Madrid Masters.

On the one hand, Federer says the clay season will come down to French Open performances, while Nadal - logically - disagrees after winning all three major events leading up to the Sunday start at Roland Garros.

"The clay court season will not be judged here, but in Paris," said the Swiss. "We will see what happens in three weeks. It's unfortunately -- or fortunately -- like that. If we win all the tournaments like Rafa now and then go out in the first round of the French, everything will be questioned."

But he added: "I feel I'm ready for Paris. I felt a major improvement in my game compared to last week when I came here from Estoril."

Nadal takes the opposite viewpoint in a rare public disagreement with his friendly rival.

"Well, that's a respectable opinion that I don't share," said the Spaniard who lost at the french Open for the first time in his career a year ago after winning four straight editions.

"And not because I have won the three (Masters 1000s) leading up to it, which some might think, but because I think it is unfair to think the whole clay season is decided by one tournament."

Both men will rest this week with light training and perhaps an exhibition appearance scheduled before the weekend start of play in the French capital.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20100 … gnificance

MTT :
W: Estoril 09, Hamburg 09, Miami 10, Stuttgart 10, Cincinnati 10, Valencia 10, Eastbourne 11, Wimbledon 11
F: Bastad 09, Acapulco 10, Barcelona 10, Paryż 10, World Tour Finals 10, Queens Club 11

#33 21-05-2010 23:44:16

Serenity

User

French Open - Federer wants Nadal in final

Roger Federer is looking forward to facing his great rival for the French Open crown a year after Rafael Nadal missed their rendezvous in the final.

With usual contenders Nikolay Davydenko of Russia and Argentine Juan Martin Del Potro having pulled out injured, the road looks clearer for another Roger versus Rafa classic.

"It is hard to pick anybody to say if Roger and Rafa are not going to win who else will it be," Federer, wearing a blue polo shirt and looking calm, told reporters on Friday.

"We'll see how we play. I hope we can play again in the future, because a year away from each other was maybe a bit long," he added.

After 12 months without meeting Nadal, Federer finally caught up with him last week in the Madrid Masters final.

The muscular Spaniard beat the Swiss last Sunday, a year after losing at the same stage in the same place.

"I think anywhere we play is special", said Federer.

"It's always a big match regardless of where it is, how it is. It's one of the great rivalries in sports right now, and obviously in our game the biggest one."

Nadal and Federer have met 21 times, with the Spaniard coming out on top on 14 occasions, comfrotbaly winning three French Open finals against the Swiss.

Neither was keen to jump the gun and anticipate a fourth final showdown on the Paris clay, although the temptation was greater for Federer who made the draw at Roland Garros.

"When you're sitting in that room, you feel like, ah, if only I could have picked maybe (...) Oh, no. You don't even want to start thinking that way," he said with a smile.

"It was a bit nerve-wrecking in some ways. But I'm used to pressure situations, so it was moderate. It was fine."

The pressure will get stronger by the day for the defending champion, who could meet France's Gael Monfils in the fourth round before a possible quarter-final clash with Swede Robin Soderling who he beat in last year's final.

"Fourteen days down the road and six matches for each of (us) to get into the final. (It) is not my priority to play Rafa," said Federer.

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/21052010/58/ … final.html

#34 17-06-2010 16:47:07

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Federer beats Nadal (in World Cup and Wimbledon seedings)
By Chris Chase

The greatest rivalry in tennis took to the soccer pitch Wednesday when Roger Federer's native Switzerland faced off against Rafael Nadal's beloved Spanish national team in a World Cup pool game. And for the first time in what seems like a while, Federer came out on top. 

The Swiss pulled off the biggest upset of the 2010 World Cup on Wednesday afternoon in South Africa, stunning top-ranked Spain 1-0. Federer and Nadal are passionate supporters of their national teams. Nadal, in particular, is known as a big soccer fan and was said to have celebrated into the night against his coach's wishes in 2008 when Spain won the Euro Cup during Wimbledon.

The small amount of soccer pride wasn't the only good news for Federer on Wednesday. In defiance of the current ATP rankings, Wimbledon organizers installed Federer as the No. 1 seed at next week's grass court Grand Slam. Nadal is the No. 2 seed, a flip-flop of the current rankings. Wimbledon is the only tournament that breaks away from the rankings when determining seeds. It was an easy, obvious decision — Federer has won six of the past seven events at the All England Club — and one that matters in stature only, as the pair would have been on opposite sides of the draw regardless.

Federer and Nadal will learn their respective Wimbledon draws on Friday. As defending champion, Federer will have the honor of playing in the first match of the tournament on Centre Court. He'll have more incentive than usual to make quick work of his first-round opponent. Switzerland's second match kicks off at 3 p.m. London time on Monday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/blog/bus … ten,248888

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#35 05-07-2010 11:46:39

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2010: Rafael Nadal shows a purity that puts him above Roger Federer

Rafael Nadal fell to the ground in salute of a second Wimbledon victory, but it was ritual rather than the real thing. The big celebration took place on Friday night when Nadal keeled over and kicked out in triumph after beating Andy Murray.

Deep down Nadal knew that was the moment when he had clinched his eighth Grand Slam title.

Usually, people ask "is he the greatest" when they are deep into emotional extra time after an epic match, but it is a deeper question after an anticlimax like this. Sunday's final took place in the shadowlands of greatness because Nadal was far too good for Tomas Berdych. Is he now the best tennis player of all time?

The Federalists will squawk in disbelief and point out that their man has 16 grand slam titles, twice as many as Nadal. It's statistically incontrovertible, but Roger Federer beat a long list of not-quiters, has-beens or youngsters in those finals. Look them up if you don't believe me. The only thing golden about Federer's era was the appalling No 15 he wore on his tracksuit after last year's smug Wimbledon triumph.

Thank goodness we didn't get that sort of syrup from Nadal. The Spaniard may have more tics than a mangy horse, but he knows how to behave in victory and defeat. He even took the trouble to thank the Centre Court crowd for "the amazing respect" they showed him during his semi-final victory over Murray. Even in his moment of ultimate triumph Nadal was still thinking back to that match.

The only amazing thing about the final was Nadal's rise and surge on the big points. The Spaniard has a mind forged from Toledo steel. Maybe Donald Bradman may have been more unflinching, more remorseless than Nadal, but it's a close-run single.

Nadal saved the first break point that he faced with a big serve and a colossal forehand, but the second was erased with cold-hearted calculation. Nadal hit a second serve at just 93mph with such spin and accuracy that it swerved away from Berdych's scrabbling racket. The Czech must have felt like throwing himself into the river Vltava.

It is that purity of thought at the big moments that gives Nadal the vote over Federer. It's the brain against the body. It's Fangio against his Ferrari.

Surely no one has ever moved better than Federer on a tennis court, but he has never had Nadal's strength of mind. The Swiss cried tears of self-pity when Nadal beat him at the 2009 Australian Open and said: "God, it's killing me." It was an admission that Federer at his best didn't think he could beat Nadal at his best. The Spaniard kept raising his game against Federer to the great man's despair, but against Berdych Nadal only needed what Tiger Woods used to call his 'B' game.

Nadal probably missed more forehands in the final than he has in the rest of the Championship put together. Some of that was down to the fact that Berdych was trying to play Nadal with short, slow balls. It worked for Arthur Ashe in the epic 1975 final against Jimmy Connors, but Berdych is not such a craftsman, Nadal missed a lot of shots, but he never looked as if he really thought he had to raise his level.

Everyone loves Rafa, but could someone please have a word about some of these tics. The 24 year-old seems to suffer from some strain of obsessive compulsive disorder. Nadal's two drink bottles have to be replaced on exactly the same blades of grass, he towels off between every point, he picks at his shorts, he won't step on lines.

In the third set new balls were bowled into play and Rafa wouldn't accept delivery until he had moved the ballboy back into his original position. Even then he asked for three balls to sort through and they hadn't even been used.

At that point you could begin to sympathise with Federer saying: "God, it's killing me", but Berdych just looked happy to be there.

A deep, English male voice shouted out: "I love you, Rafa," but nothing could quite spike the match into life. It was as inevitable as Saturday's women's final. Another voice shouted: "You're a genius, Rafa." Ah, but genius is sometimes rather boring. Some of Tiger Woods's victories have been as exciting as a five-hour airport delay. It was like that with Nadal. I almost yearned for the return of Federer.

Then the memory flashed by of the Fed saying on his way out of here: "Rafa's played terrible lately." Is that the same Rafa who leads you 14-7 in all-time games, 6-2 in grand Slam matches and 12-5 in finals?

The Fed is dead, viva la Rafa-lution

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis … derer.html

#36 05-07-2010 11:50:07

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ostatnie zdanie to mistrzostwo. Federer, na konferencji prasowej, został zapytany o szanse Murraya. Odpowiedział sarkastycznie, że ma duże szanse, bo Nadala ostatnio grał tragicznie, Soderling to żaden rywal, a Djoković nie umie już grać w tenisa. Oczywiście żart, na sali wybuchła salwa smiechu.
Następnie Roger poprosił dziennikarzy, aby szanowali swoją pracę, jak i każdego tenisistę z osobna, bo wszyscy są rewelacyjnymi zawodnikami.

Autor powyższego artykułu chyba tego nie zrozumiał i za bardzo wziął to do siebie. Ale tak to jest, jak się fan zabiera za pisanie dla poważnej gazety.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#37 05-07-2010 12:02:52

Robertinho

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer forever

Dawno się tak nie obśmiałem.   W ogóle Cały tekst uroczy.

#38 06-07-2010 08:00:59

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Trudno uwierzyć, że Telegraph mógłby coś takiego opublikować. Kreowanie Nadala na Boga nie dziwi, ale deptanie Feda niczym przydrzwiową wykładzinę szokuje.

EDIT:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … fteen.aspx
Jednak muszę przeprosić. Artykuł okazał się strzałem w "10, że w dużych ilościach cytują go na stronie ATP.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#39 16-07-2010 14:49:20

Serenity

User

The Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal rivalry, 2010 edition: Roger's Last Stand

The rivalry between Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal is notoriously skewed. Twelve of their 21 matches have been played on clay, so Nadal's 14-7 lead simply isn't a fair representation of how they stack up against one another. Nadal, ever-humble and generous, points this out himself.

A comparison: The vaunted John McEnroe-Bjorn Borg rivalry is generally considered an even-steven proposition, seeing as they split their matches at seven each. But none of their matches were played on clay -- not a single one. What if Johnny Mac had been the second-best clay-court player of his time, as Federer is in his era? How many French Open titles would he have won before Borg's retirement? Almost certainly none, and his clay-court prowess would only have caused his head-to-head with the legendary Swede to suffer. Yes, Borg was that good on the dirt. Time and again he rolled over first-rate claycourt specialists like Guillermo Vilas and Manuel Orantes and Harold Solomon without breaking a sweat.

Rafa, similarly, is all-but-unbeatable on clay, and he leads Federer 10-2 on that surface. But Rafaelites point to Wimbledon 2008 and Australia 2009 as proof that their guy has it over Federer on all surfaces. And there's no arguing with those results. Nadal is indeed a great player on all surfaces. He broke Federer's will in both of those classic five-setters.

However ... so far, he has not won a match that mattered against Federer on the Swiss champion's best surface.

I'm talking about good old asphalt. Melbourne offers a bouncy, sort-of rubberized surface, and Wimbledon's grass is now slower than hard courts. To be sure, Nadal has beaten Fed on hard hard courts: in the third round of the Miami Masters in 2004, when Federer was fighting a cold and Nadal was a teenaged nobody, and in Dubai -- really, an unofficial exhibition, to be honest -- two years later. But one suspects Roger wasn't willing to go the extra mile in those two matches. Rafa, we know, is always ready to go to hell and back to win a point. It doesn't matter what the tournament is. This is admirable -- professionalism of the highest caliber. Federer, on the other hand, gets bored much more easily. His mind drifts at the smaller events.

In those early years, Federer's problem with Nadal on hard courts wasn't with the Spaniard's skills, which were rudimentary compared with those of the complete player who just won the French Open-Wimbledon double for the second time, but with his willfulness -- his refusal to lay down. Nadal forced Federer to ask himself: Do I care about this fiddly little match like I care about a Wimbledon final? In the 2005 Miami final, faced with losing to the still-unproven Nadal for a second straight year at the tournament, the answer for the first time was yes. There Federer was, cruising along in third gear, playing beautiful tennis, expecting his opponent to swoon before him. It no doubt perturbed him to look up after more than an hour and find himself behind by two sets. Federer gathered himself and stepped it up, running off three straight sets -- still the only time Nadal has lost a match after winning the first two sets.

Federer always has been able to throw off his torpor when the moment required it -- that is, at the big tournaments. And the tournament where he has always played his best tennis is not Wimbledon, but the U.S. Open. Recall the two bagel sets he dropped on Lleyton Hewitt in the 2004 final, or the way he kept Andre Agassi -- "the Punisher" -- from dictating points in the 2005 final. Or take another look at any of the next three finals, thumping wins over Andy Roddick, Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray. Federer was barely pushed at the U.S. Open for nearly six years, until Juan Martin del Potro finally sumo-wrestled him out of the ring in last year's final. Through those six dominant years in New York, Federer never faced Nadal. Rafa couldn't make it to the final for the much-sought showdown.

The Federer-Nadal matches that are probably most like what a U.S. Open face off between them would be came in 2006 and 2007 at the World Tour Finals (formerly the Masters Cup). It's too bad the year-end event, played on fast indoor hard courts, has never caught the public's fancy, despite the ATP's big-dollar marketing efforts over the years. Federer always has taken it seriously, which has led to four titles. Nadal also takes it seriously (as we've said, he takes every tournament seriously), but he hasn't won it. Twice his season has ended with a loss to Federer there.

These are the matches, and the results, you could have expected had they faced each other at the U.S. Open in those years. Did you watch the clips? Rafa tries to pick on Federer's backhand, but it just doesn't work on this slick surface. Federer hits blistering winners from both sides; he consistently wins the battle for positioning; he owns the sharp angles on big points. Nadal puts up a good fight, and each sets has moments where the outcome is in doubt, but Federer hits the accelerator when he needs to do so, and he lifts off -- up to another level of play.

This might be the year Nadal and Federer finally meet at the U.S. Open. Rafa is managing his schedule better than ever before, and he's looking even tougher than he did during that magical 2008 season. Plus, now that Federer has fallen to number three in the world, the two great rivals might not have to wait until the final to meet. The question is, can Federer, a 16-time major champion and soon to turn 29, still hit the accelerator when he needs to?

http://blog.oregonlive.com/tennis/2010/ … stand.html

#40 20-07-2010 10:45:36

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

STAN NA DZIEŃ : 03.08.2010 rok
(wiek 24 lata, 2 miesiące)

Turnieje/Finały 33/8 - 41/12
TMS/Finały) 8/2 - 18/6
TMC/Finały 2 - 0
GS/Finały) 6 - 8/2
Ranking 1 - 1
Ilość tyg jako #1:  90 - 55

Wyniki Rogera pochodzą z dnia 08.10.2005 r.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

Stopka forum

RSS