Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#21 26-04-2010 12:06:44

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Re: Fernando Verdasco

Barcelona: do... dwóch razy sztuka

Przed tygodniem przegrał tylko z królem mączki – Rafaelem Nadalem. Dziś już nie było na niego mocnych. Fernando Verdasco wygrał turniej ATP w Barcelonie, pokonując w finale Robina Soderlinga 6:3, 4:6, 6:3 i zdobywając swój piąty tytuł w karierze. W grze podwójnej triumfowali Daniel Nestor i Nenad Zimonjić.

Fernando Verdasco błyskawicznie pozbierał się po druzgocącej porażce z Rafaelem Nadalem w finale turnieju w Monte Carlo. W Barcelonie, mimo kilku trudnych momentów, nie dał się pokonać i zgarnął najcenniejszy łup.

Hiszpan świetnie rozpoczął spotkanie. W pierwszej partii wyrównana walka trwała tylko do stanu 3:3. Potem, bardzo dobrze serwujący Verdasco, „na sucho” przełamał Soderlinga, wychodząc na prowadzenie. Chwilę potem dołożył drugiego breaka i wygrał 6:3. W drugim secie skuteczność pierwszego podania Hiszpana znacznie spadła, co było przyczyną kłopotów reprezentanta gospodarzy. Szwed wykorzystał słabszą postawę rywala i wygrał 6:4, ale w decydującym secie Verdasco ani razu nie musiał bronić się przed przełamaniem, a sam raz odebrał serwis przeciwnikowi, co wystarczyło do wygranej.

Było to szóste spotkanie obu tenisistów i dopiero drugie zwycięstwo Hiszpana.

„Zawsze chciałem tutaj wygrać. Dorastałem, oglądając ten turniej w telewizji. To niesamowite uczucie, ciężko to ubrać w słowa. To mój drugi tytuł w karierze i pierwszy z cyklu ATP 500. W ostatnich dwóch tygodniach zarobiłem 1000 punktów do rankingu. Może to jest najlepsza chwila w mojej karierze”, powiedział po meczu wyraźnie zadowolony Verdasco.

W grze podwójnej Daniel Nestor i Nenad Zimonjić pokonali w finale Lleytona Hewitta i Marka Knowlesa 4:6, 6:3, 10-6.

Wynik finału:
Fernando Verdasco (Hiszpania, 5, WC) – Robin Soderling (Szwecja, 2) 6:3, 4:6, 6:3

http://www.tenisklub.pl/?req=news&newsI … 37b1f2cef4

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#22 26-04-2010 12:54:20

Serenity

User

Verdasco tops Soderling to win biggest career title

Fernando Verdasco beats Robin Soderling in three sets to win the Barcelona Open on Sunday afternoon. This is Verdasco's first title at a 500-point event.

There was no joy in Spain last weekend when five-time champion Rafael Nadal withdrew from the Barcelona Open BancSabadell.

On week, later, however, the tournament ended in perfect fashion for the Spanish faithful.

Fernando Verdasco, the second-ranked Spaniard behind Nadal, captured his first career 500-point title by defeating Robin Soderling 6-3, 4-6, 6-3 in two hours and four minutes on Sunday afternoon.

Maintaining his momentum from a runner-up finish in Monte-Carlo and an impressive three-set win over David Ferrer on Saturday, Verdasco got off to quick start with a love service break midway through the first set. The world No. 9 never came close to giving it back as he did not face a single break point in the opening frame of play. For good measure, though, Verdasco finished the set off in style with his second break of the day at 5-3.

Despite the poor play, Soderling stayed mentally strong and broke serve in the first game of set two. The seventh-ranked Swede give it back immediately with a dismal service game at 1-0, but he continued to fight and his resiliency paid off with anther break at 3-3. This time Soderling made no mistake with the lead in hand and he forced a decisive set by holding his next two service games with ease.

Just as he did against Ferrer in the semifinals, Verdasco recovered from a difficult second set to play his best tennis with the match hanging in the balance. Barcelona's No. 5 seed struck for a crucial break at 1-1 and refused to let the advantage slip away.

Four service holds from the most important title of his career, Verdasco showed a toughness that had been lacking on many occasions during his life as a professional. He did not face a break point in the final set and served out the proceedings at 5-3 in routine fashion, clinching it on his first match point when Soderling sent a backhand well wide.

Verdasco finished with three aces and just two double-faults while serving at 75 percent. He also won a stellar 75 percent of the points in which he had to toss in a second serve. Soderling wrapped up his effort with four aces and two doubles, and he won only 47 percent of his second-serve points.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/match_repo … %B6derling

#23 26-04-2010 13:37:57

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Verdasco Extends Spanish Reign

ATP World Tour No. 9 Fernando Verdasco served up the perfect remedy for his loss in the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters final last weekend by defeating Robin Soderling 6-3, 4-6, 6-3 in a high quality title match at the Barcelona Open BancSabadell Sunday.

As champion of the ATP World Tour 500 clay-court tennis tournament, Verdasco earned 500 South African Airways 2010 ATP Ranking points and €286,000, while runner-up Soderling received 300 ranking points and €144,000 in prize money. Both players are bidding to qualify for the second year in a row for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, to be held at The O2 in London from 21-28 November.

The 26-year-old Verdasco is playing arguably the greatest tennis of his career at the moment, having last week reached the final of an ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournament (l. to Nadal) for the first time. The Madrid native clinched the fifth ATP World Tour title of his career, and his second of the season having triumphed at the SAP Open (d. Roddick) in San Jose in February.

"I've always dreamed of winning the title here," said Verdasco. "I grew up watching this tournament on television. It's an incredible feeling, it's hard to put it into words. It's my second title in Spain and my first 500 title. In the past two weeks, with a final in Monte-Carlo and the title here in Barcelona, I've won 1000 points. This is maybe the best moment of my career right now."

He becomes the eighth successive Spanish winner at the Real Club de Tenis Barcelona-1899, joining Carlos Moya (2003), Tommy Robredo (2004) and Rafael Nadal (2005-2009).

Looking to improve on a 1-4 record against Soderling, fifth seed Verdasco made a strong start to the match, breaking serve to love to lead 4-3 in the first set. The Spaniard then broke again in the ninth game to seal a one-set lead with commanding forehand play.

Soderling responded well, breaking Verdasco’s serve in the opening game of the second set. Verdasco struck back immediately but the second-seeded Soderling was undeterred and broke again to lead 4-3 before going on to level the match.

Showing no sign of nerves after being pegged back by his Swedish opponent, Verdasco raised his level to break serve in the fourth game of the deciding set as Soderling hooked a forehand wide under pressure. The Spaniard went on to seal victory in two hours and four minutes with strong serving in the final game.

"I didn't start well. I wasn't feeling the ball very well today, which made me a little bit too passive and not aggressive enough," lamented Soderling. "After the first set it was much better but I made one bad game in the third set with a few backhand errors and that cost me the match.

"A final in a tournament like this is still a pretty good week, though. I am still looking to play at the same level that I had towards the end of the clay-court season last year. It hasn't been bad so far but I know I can still do better.

"He [Verdasco] is playing really well. He's playing with a lot of confidence from the last two weeks. He's a great player and he's going to be a tough player to beat in the next couple of weeks."

The 25-year-old Soderling, playing his first clay-court tournament of the year, was also bidding for his second ATP World Tour title of the season, having triumphed at the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament (d. Youzhny) in February. The Tibro native, who reached the Roland Garros final (l. to Federer) last year, was the first Swedish player to reach the Barcelona final since Magnus Larsson did so in 1995 (l. to Muster).

Both players will now travel to Rome to compete in next week’s Internazionali BNL d’Italia, the fourth ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournament of the season.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … umphs.aspx

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#24 27-04-2010 17:42:29

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

I don't fear anyone - except Nadal, says Verdasco

Fernando Verdasco's confidence on clay is sky high as long as he does not have to play Rafa Nadal, the Barcelona Open champion said on Sunday.

Just a week after being hammered by his Spanish compatriot 6-0 6-1 in the Monte Carlo Masters final, Verdasco beat Robin Soderling to claim the Barcelona title.

Nadal will be overwhelming favourite to win the upcoming Masters events in Rome and Madrid and the French Open, where his hopes of a fifth straight crown were ended by Soderling last year.

"Nadal is a tough proposition on clay and he's one or maybe even two levels above everyone else," 26-year-old Madrid native Verdasco, the world number nine, told a news conference.

"But I really feel like I can beat anyone else right now and I think I have a good chance of making more finals on clay," he said, including world number one Roger Federer and number two Novak Djokovic on his list of potential scalps.

Nadal, who has won in Barcelona the past five years, withdrew from this year's event to rest and has beaten Verdasco in all 10 of their matches.

Verdasco would not play his Davis Cup team mate in Rome this week unless both reached the final but could potentially meet Djokovic in the quarters and world number five Andy Murray in the last four.

Verdasco has advanced to the fourth round at Roland Garros the past three years and said he was not going to push himself too hard in Rome or Madrid.

"The important thing is to get to Roland Garros in good shape," he said.

"I feel like I have made a lot of progress mentally over the past year and I can cope better on the days when maybe not everything is going quite right."

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/25042010/2/d … dasco.html

Cóż za wiara w siebie. Będzie walczył z każdym tylko nie z Nadalem, tak to czytam.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#25 04-05-2010 20:48:04

Art

User

Fernando Verdasco in FHM Bionic

He is a lefty from Madrid, owner of one of the most powerful forehands on the circuit. He has two major goals in his career to accomplish: winning Wimbledon and winning the prestigious Prince of Asturias Award. This is an excerpt from the interview that can be read in full in the upcoming Bionic FHM magazine May issue, with the best advice to take care of your body and get in shape, along with the training secrets of last week’s Trofeo Godó champion, Fernando Verdasco.

“I started playing tennis at age two, with my father, and began taking classes when I was four. I was a skinny kid, without much muscle. All my muscle mass has come in recent years.” Fernando Verdasco is now 27 years and has a body shaped by many hours spent in the gym and on the track. Six hours a day, to be exact.

After helping lead Spain twice to glory with the Davis Cup and reaching the Australian Open semifinal in 2009, what has been worrying him the most lately is a back injury could be, at worst, a herniated disk.

“I have not had many injuries in my life: when I was thirteen I broke a finger on my right hand and had a minor setback. I have a calcification in my right knee since I was fifteen that bothers me when it’s cold, and this year in Australia, I started to have some pain in my leg and I don’t know if the sciatic nerve is affected.

“When you are at this high level, an injury can ruin all the efforts you’ve made in a year. Tennis is not like soccer or basketball, with peers who can support you if you are injured or sick. With tennis, it depends only on yourself. I picked up many colds and flus going to the U.S. when I would go into freezing cold restaurants in a short-sleeved shirt. Over time I learned.”

The Perfect Tennis Player
“Karlovic’s serve, Rafa’s endurance, Del Potro’s backhand…the forehand, that is more difficult because there are many good ones. Gonzalez’s is very good, Nadal is very tough…I would stay with Almagro, Gonzalez, and Tsonga. ”

Citing his move in the elite group of men’s tennis, a level which is reached through a combination of genetic advantage and hard work, he said. “To be there you have to have talent, but that isn’t the only thing. I would say you need 30% talent and the other 70% is training. The body is easy to train, through the right routines and diets, you also need to train the mind. I always try to be as positive in the important moments as I can. There are times when this is impossible, but you have to give 100% no matter the outcome.” Fernando does his best in every match, though it is very clear as to what has always been his Achilles heel: “Consistency what I need most to be among the top five. I’ve been improving that aspect and last year was the best of my career, finishing ninth in the rankings. I just needed to make more finals or semi-finals to get higher up there.

The Top 5
“This year, it will be very difficult to predict the Top 5 of the ATP because the players have not started at the best level. Federer has not done as well in the last two Masters Series, Nadal is not at his best, though they will both stay on top. Murray and Djokovic haven’t had good form. If I had to bet, I would say: Federer, Nadal, Murray, Djokovic and, as the fifth, Roddick or Del Potro. I’ll try to be there, but it is always going to be difficult, because there are great players. I think if I could pick one tournament to win, it would be Wimbledon, because it has always been among my favorite tournaments. And if I could choose a rival in the final, it would be Federer, who has won six times.”

The Four Slams
We asked Verdasco to define in few words what the four majors in tennis mean him: “Wimbledon is my dream tournament. Roland Garros belongs to the Spaniards and Latinos. The Australian Open is, after my semifinal last year, very special to me. It’s the most comfortable Slam and a place where people are incredibly nice. Playing the U.S Open is a unique experience, it’s the biggest arena in the world with over 21,000 spectators. It would be incredible to win that tournament and New York is one of my favorite cities. And the Davis Cup is something that has given me so much. Winning the last two, in Argentina and Barcelona, was incredible. I dreamed more about winning Davis Cup that the winning the U.S Open or the Australian Open.”

The Invencible Armada
Spanish tennis as a team and as individual talent, has given much joy to the fans in recent years. Fernando only has good things to say about the other Spanish players: “Feliciano is my best friend. Robredo has been a very consistent player throughout his career and is very professional. Nadal is the best Spanish player in history and one of the best in the world. Almagro is a player with great power and a lot of potential. Granollers is a very dangerous player on clay because he can outplay you really well, and he is really intelligent.”

And Verdasco?

“It is difficult to define oneself, but I’d say I am a very powerful and talented tennis player.” And a player who probably aspires to emulate his childhood idols: “When I was a teenager, Agassi was always my idol. Then came Sampras and Marcelo Rios. It was also an earlier era of great Spanish players like Bruguera, Costa and Corretja, but Agassi has always been my greatest influence and role model.”

Verdasco vs Nadal
The way things are going, would Fernando be able to beat Rafa?

“I don’t know. It’s difficult to predict a result in tennis and it depends on a lot of things. One week you win easily and in the next the results are totally different, even without having had a variation in your preparation or your game. It also depends on the surface: if we play on clay, it would be easier for him to win and, if on hard courts, things would be more even and harder for him. But we are talking about one of the best players of all time and it’s difficult that he loses a player outside the top ten. We have faced each other many times, and at times, I have been close to win, like in the Australian Open semifinal or in Queens, but in the end he always escapes. Rafa is such a fighter; he never gives away any point and it is very tough to beat him.”

Life after tennis
The career of elite tennis players has an ephemeral life, like all top-level competitive athletes, so you have to think about the future: “If I hadn’t been a tennis player, I would have been an actor, and I would love to dedicate myself to making action movies like Avatar, Gladiator, Clash of the Titans or a TV series such as 24. I love movies with lots of adrenaline, a little less comedy and I really don’t like horror films.”

So the script for Titanic 2 that was delivered this week, we should throw away? “No, man, just call James Cameron, for anything.” True, we forgot that behind this melodramic film is the mind of James Cameron.

Fernando is also taking his first steps as a model: “It was something that struck my attention, being a Calvin Klein model, and I really enjoyed it.”

If they ever make a biopic about his life, Verdasco has clear who could portrait him: “Miguel Angel Silvestre would fit: he’s Spanish, dark and a former tennis player.”

After traveling half the world, Madrid is still his favorite city. Fernando spends his free time at airports connected with Internet and watching movies and what he misses the most when on tour is his family and having a normal lifestyle. If he had to pick a prize outside of the tennis circuit to win, he wouldn’t hesitate for a second: “The Prince of Asturias awards.”

http://verdasconews.com/2010/04/fernand … #more-2142

#26 07-05-2010 18:10:35

Serenity

User

Verdasco Predicts Nadal Will Get Back to No. 1

MADRID – Spanish tennis player Fernando Verdasco said he feels “healthy envy” toward countryman and six-time Grand Slam champion Rafael Nadal and expects him to regain the No. 1 ranking that he held for parts of the 2008 and 2009 seasons.

“I’m just focused on my own improvement. What Nadal has, he’s earned, and no one can take that away from him. He’s a player you can learn a lot from. His mentality, his physical strength,” Verdasco said at an event outside this capital.

“I don’t feel bad because Rafa Nadal’s in front of me ... I try to focus on him to become a better tennis player.”

The 26-year-old Verdasco, who has risen to No. 9 in the world with a strong clay-court season, including a loss to Nadal in the final of the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters last month and a victory at the Barcelona Open the following week, said he expects the current world No. 3 to get back to the top spot.

“I see Rafa number one again. I see (Switzerland’s Roger) Federer is not the same as before, I don’t know if it’s because he’s now a father or what, and neither are (world No. 2) Novak Djokovic and (world No. 4) Andy Murray.”

“Nadal’s not at the same level of two years ago, but he’s always (giving 100 percent). If he wins Roland Garros and has a good showing at Wimbledon he can be No. 1 again,” Verdasco said.

The Madrid native, who also reached the semifinals of the Rome Masters – another big clay-court event – last week, said he feels “healthy envy” for what the 23-year-old, four-time French Open champion has achieved.

“Sure, there’s healthy envy of Nadal. Because when you see a player winning everything he’s winning you’re jealous of that. But it’s just healthy envy. He’s a friend first and foremost,” Verdasco said.

Verdasco pointed to Nadal’s “mental strength” as his biggest asset, his ability to “handle the pressure of winning week after week.”

“What I’ve experienced these three weeks, he’s done for five years. Great mental strength even when he’s not having a good day is what I would highlight.”

Nadal, who reached the pinnacle of the sport in 2008 after winning the French Open for the fourth-straight year and capturing his first-ever Wimbledon title, struggled with injuries last year and had not won a tournament in almost a year until last month.

His biggest disappointment in 2009 was an early-round loss at the French Open to Sweden’s Robin Soderling – Nadal’s first-ever defeat at tennis’ premier clay-court event. Citing injuries to both knees, Nadal subsequently pulled out of Wimbledon, where he was also the defending champion.

Since returning to action late last summer, he has had a poor record against other players in the top 10 but last month continued his sublime performance on clay, winning his sixth consecutive Monte Carlo title and fifth Rome Masters trophy in six years.

Partly due to Nadal’s problems, Federer recaptured the No. 1 ranking last year and now is on the verge of setting the all-time record for most weeks at No. 1.

Federer went on to win the French Open for the first time last year after Nadal bowed out and many expect the two to resume their rivalry at this year’s Roland Garros. Nadal holds a 4-0 record against his arch-rival at that tournament.

Verdasco said Federer and Nadal are a cut above their rivals and among the greatest players in tennis history.

“Federer and Nadal are a rung higher than everybody else, including Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray. They’re two of the greatest in history.” EFE

http://www.laht.com/article.asp?Article … ryId=13002

#27 07-05-2010 19:13:10

Robertinho

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer forever

Tak jest Nando, zamiast marzyć o wygraniu Szlema, lepiej planować sukcesy koledze.   Znakomite podejście.

#28 07-05-2010 19:51:36

Fed-Expresso

Masta

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafael "The Slice King" Nadal

Ale czego Ty oczekujesz?
Wszyscy wiedza, jaki to jest typ zawodnika. Trudno spodziewac sie po nim bunczucznych wypowiedzi, ktorymi w jego polozeniu byly by nawet slowa o wlasnych szansach na FO, majac w pamieci jego genialne wystepi przeciwko Nadalowi i Federerowi.

Najwyrazniej zdal sobie sprawe, ze jest nieuleczalny z braku pewnosci siebie i wiary we wlasne sukcesy.

#29 07-05-2010 20:07:45

anula

Kobieta z klasą

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafa Nadal

Robertinho napisał:

Tak jest Nando, zamiast marzyć o wygraniu Szlema, lepiej planować sukcesy koledze.   Znakomite podejście.

Dość trzeźwo patrzy na swoje szanse .  Zwłaszcza, że do tej pory nie wygrał  żadnego prestiżowego turnieju.

#30 07-05-2010 20:35:30

Robertinho

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer forever

Fed-Expresso napisał:

Ale czego Ty oczekujesz?
Wszyscy wiedza, jaki to jest typ zawodnika. Trudno spodziewac sie po nim bunczucznych wypowiedzi, ktorymi w jego polozeniu byly by nawet slowa o wlasnych szansach na FO, majac w pamieci jego genialne wystepi przeciwko Nadalowi i Federerowi.

Najwyrazniej zdal sobie sprawe, ze jest nieuleczalny z braku pewnosci siebie i wiary we wlasne sukcesy.

Już przynajmniej nie zaprzeczaj sam sobie. Tak to pohukujesz o "szmatach bez honoru", których postawa jest "zaprzeczeniem bycia sportowcem", a teraz uznajesz to za całkiem normalne podejście i ocenę swoich możliwości.  
Koleś ma nie gorszą grę od Portka, Denki, o Ljubo Bossie nie mówiąc, a oni właśnie w ostatnim czasie wygrywali wielkie turnieje i robiąc to jakoś nie nie padli na kolana w meczach z faworytami. Wyśmiewany na tym forum Gulbis, no raczej nie lepszy na cegle od Nando, też jakoś nie padł na kolana przed nimi w Rzymie. No więc można.

anula napisał:

Robertinho napisał:

Dość trzeźwo patrzy na swoje szanse .  Zwłaszcza, że do tej pory nie wygrał  żadnego prestiżowego turnieju.

Koleś ma (...). No więc można.

Ostatnio edytowany przez Robertinho (07-05-2010 20:41:54)

#31 25-05-2010 17:19:22

Serenity

User

RG 2010 - wywiad z Nando po zwycięstwie w 1 rundzie

Q. Obviously a straightforward win. What pleased you about the way you played today?
FERNANDO VERDASCO: Well, I'm happy. Always the first match is tough, and the beginning of the match, also, was like a little bit hard to get the conditions. The court was fast. Not too much clay. You know, it was a little bit, you know, difficult to get used to it, but after a few games, I started feeling better.
And also, you know, every set I was getting more and more confident. In the third set, I finished playing really good. My feelings was good.

Q. Obviously yesterday Richard Gasquet was playing in five sets on a Monday. He had problems with fatigue. How much of a difference is that extra day? Because you also played on Saturday. Was it helpful to have that extra day rest?
FERNANDO VERDASCO: Well, I don't know. I didn't play yesterday. I cannot answer that, but I think that maybe yeah, have 24 hours more. But you have 24 more hours to rest and to recover. Maybe it's the difference to win or lose or maybe not. I don't know. I cannot tell you that. Maybe he will play today and he will lose, also. I cannot answer that. Nobody knows.
THE MODERATOR: Questions in Spanish, please.

Q. Many players said that it's a slippery court. What would you say about this?
FERNANDO VERDASCO: Well, absolutely. This is a faster court this year, absolutely. I didn't realize anything was wrong with the balls. If you hit the balls strongly, if you give them a special spin, if you put all of your strength into your shots, the balls bounce back correctly.
I don't think that there's less bouncing and there's less earth on the court, so for those used to fast serves or those used to other surfaces, it's different.

Q. You have not been able to practice much in the recent past. Is that a problem?
FERNANDO VERDASCO: Well, yesterday I played and practiced for an hour. I don't know if I need to play one, two, or three hours, but I was on the courts quite often. Of course, I've got to practice a lot but not too much. I don't want to be too tired so as to have feelings quite quickly, and then I keep what I need to keep for the match. I don't need to practice for hours and hours after so many matches.

Q. Would you say you enjoy this victory today? How's that? I think it's important to play in Paris after playing in Nice last week.
FERNANDO VERDASCO: I'm very, very happy to have won the match during this first round, because I played better with time. Of course, I gained more confidence as the sets were going by.
And also, sets fly by, you're more relaxed, you unwind, and you can win more quickly. I'm really happy because now it's going to be the second round and I'm still waiting are to the other match to finish because they're still playing.

Q. What type of reactions would you expect from the crowd? To start with, they were quite indifferent. And afterward they put their hands together for you.
FERNANDO VERDASCO: No, no problem for me today. Of course you expect the worst all the time. If it's worst you're not going to be disappointed, not badly surprised. But, no, there's nothing I can add about this. Of course, what I wanted to say I said it during the release. That's all I had to say.

Q. I think you've written something. Who's this for?
FERNANDO VERDASCO: No. Other question.

Q. You've said you've played quite a lot on clay.
FERNANDO VERDASCO: No, I've played many matches.

Q. Do you think it's negative or not, playing too much before you play at Roland Garros?
FERNANDO VERDASCO: I don't think so. We'll wait, wait and see. We'll see if this was negative or not. I'm quite optimistic. I think everything is going to go on smoothly.

Q. Without giving us all the details about Sunday, with this season you've played, I think you've had some problems lately. Has this had an impact today?
FERNANDO VERDASCO: Well, the bad news always have an impact, not just for me. That's the case for many people. But there's nothing I want to add about this incident. What was to be said was said. There's nothing I want to add about this incident.

Q. How do you feel today? Do you feel good?
FERNANDO VERDASCO: Yes. I'm fit.

Q. You look very serious today.
FERNANDO VERDASCO: No, you always ask me questions about this incident. I said I don't want to add anything. I will not answer. That's all. If you keep on asking the same questions, I'll answer the same answer, and then I get fed up.

Q. Do you feel fit like you can win this tournament?
FERNANDO VERDASCO: Well, I feel good. I think this could be a good tournament for me. Now, I don't know if I'm going to win or not. There's a long way to go. I could perhaps be in the round of 16 against Almagro, and then the draw is really a tough draw for me. I don't know if I'm going to win this tournament or not, because I can't say this today. Yet I have confidence. I'll do my best so that the tournament is a good tournament for me.

Q. Nadal and some of the press, the Spanish press, say you are well placed for a good tournament. Would you say that this impresses you or it has no impact on you?
FERNANDO VERDASCO: Well, if I'm considered as one of the favorites, it's something good. It's pleasant. Of course it was a good feeling, but that's about it.
Everybody says that Rafa is "the" No. 1 favorite, and I'm glad when I hear this, that he's the greatest winner. Of course, everybody is trying to put some pressure off their own shoulders, but I'm not that much interested in what the others say. Of course, if I'm considered as a favorite, I'll try and live up to their expectations on the court. That's all I can do.

Q. Now, be careful about this. Be careful about how you're going to interpret my question. Now, you consider that the reason why you wanted to play the Nice tournament with this ankle problem you had, and then, you know, afterwards we had a match that lasted two hours and 40 minutes, my question is: Why did you want to play the Nice tournament?
FERNANDO VERDASCO: Well, I had signed in a long time ago. That's my first reason. The second reason is that I wanted to play and play more and more matches. When I was in the tournament, I didn't want to lose. That's all. I never regret what I do. No, no, no, no, no regrets.

Q. After this season on clay, you've won everybody's respect. This season is very busy, as you know. According to you, is Roland Garros the tournament you would really want to win?
FERNANDO VERDASCO: I think I have answered this question several times. My favorite tournament, as I've said here again, is Wimbledon. Roland Garros is a Grand Slam tournament, of course. If people ask me if I want to win, yes, of course, everybody wants to win Roland Garros. If you say no, you don't want to win Roland Garros, you're totally crazy. Of course, I'd like to win Roland Garros. But Wimbledon, I've always said that Wimbledon was "the" tournament. It's given me more satisfaction than even Madrid.
Roland Garros, however, will remain Roland Garros, and if I can win Roland Garros, excellent. If I win Wimbledon, even better.

Q. Throughout the tournament, I hope everything is going to go on very nicely, that your feelings will be good with the crowd.
FERNANDO VERDASCO: Well, I've answered this question already. I've said what I wanted to say after these events. Those who are not happy, I don't mind. I'm going to play tennis, that's all. I'm not going to say anything else on the court. I'm not going to say anything against anybody. I'm here to play tennis and that's all, and to play my best Roland Garros.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/ … 38603.html

#32 27-05-2010 17:11:19

Serenity

User

If Fernando Verdasco were… a centre forward

The Spanish heart throb Fernando Verdasco (No.9 in the ATP rankings) is not just one of the best tennis players in the world, he is also a fan of football and Real Madrid… so we decided to talk football with him.

Who do you think will be the biggest surprise at the World Cup?
The United States.

What about the biggest disappointment?
I don’t really know. I hope it won’t be Spain. We are one of the two or three favourites and I can’t imagine we won’t perform well. I really have faith in the Spanish team.

Who would you pay good money to see in South Africa?
Messi and Kaka.

What is your earliest football memory?
When I was two or three, I kicked a ball around with my father and cousins in the garden.

Who was your childhood idol?
Ronaldo (the Brazilian). I’m lucky, we became friends when he played for Real Madrid.

Which is your favourite team?
Real Madrid, of course!

Which is your favourite stadium?
Santiago Bernabeu.

How much would you pay for your favourite player’s shirt?
I’m lucky because Ronaldo gave me his shirt. If he hadn’t, I’d be prepared to pay 500 euros for his shirt.

Which fans are the best?
The Atletico Madrid fans. They are always there for their team. They are impressive fans.

If you could play 90 minutes with any team, which would it be and what position?
Real Madrid. I’d like to play as an attacking midfielder, in the hole, just behind the striker – where Kaka plays. I’d be the one feeding the passes through to the number 9.

Who is your favourite manager?
Mourinho – and not only because he’ll be managing Real Madrid. He’s a genius who has won titles everywhere.

If you were president of Real Madrid, what would be your first decision?
I would try to recruit the best players and the best manager. Then, I would let the manager do his job without bothering him. I would never interfere with his choices or tell him who to pick.

What’s the best goal you’ve ever seen?
Zidane’s in the Champions League final against Bayer Leverkusen (in 2001). I was watching on television like any rabid fan.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/ … 39626.html

#33 30-05-2010 10:19:50

Serenity

User

RG 2010 - wywiad z Verdą po zwycięstwie w 2 rundzie

Q. How would you assess your performance today? Why this strange third set, maybe, regarding the score?
FERNANDO VERDASCO: I don't know why, but it just happen. Ask Murray, happen the same to him.
You know, in these matches sometimes when you are lost like two sets to Love down, he just start to lose the arm and he made many winners and many balls to the lines.
He was you know, of course with 5 Love, I said, Okay, I'll go to the fourth set, because this set he's hitting the ball with the eyes closed and he's putting the ball in the line. Does it better to close this set and start a new one.
But all of, you know, out of this, I think I play very good two first sets and the third set again because he was playing better with more confidence, and I been able to make a break and to be solid with my serve. So, you know, I'm happy how I played today.

Q. I have a specific question about Sven Groeneveld. How would you describe him as a coach?
FERNANDO VERDASCO: He's not my coach.

Q. No, I know, but you used to work with him, so...
FERNANDO VERDASCO: Well, I you know, he was with me almost one year and a half ago. You know, right now I don't know exactly, but long time ago. Well, he helped me in many things, and, you know but right now I cannot I'm not the person also to speak about him.
I can speak about Darren, that he's the one helping me. I speak about Gil or I can speak about Vicente or other persons who are with me right now, but I think with Sven you must ask the girls or the players who are with him right now, not to me. I'm not the right person.
THE MODERATOR: Questions Spanish, please.

Q. It's complicated to play after two days when you couldn't really practice?
FERNANDO VERDASCO: Well, yes, it's complicated, but not that much. Well, it is not usual to stay two days without doing anything. Of course, I couldn't even practice the day I should have played. I could only warm up for 30 minutes, and then they canceled everything.
It wasn't very important, but, you know, if it's a Grand Slam, anything that comes is positive, because everything is important. So you shouldn't think negatively like, Oh, I'm wasting my time here. I always have to wait.
No, look at the bright side. This is such an interesting tournament that I'd say mental preparation is excellent during the tournament to have excellent results.

Q. What do you think about the fact that you were programmed after Federer?
FERNANDO VERDASCO: Well, this is part of programming and the organization. Even though we might ask, they will not change anything.
I'd rather not answer the question, because the organization will not change.

Q. Today there are eight Spanish players. It's a huge army of players. Do you watch their results? Do you watch their matches?
FERNANDO VERDASCO: Oh, yes, when I don't play I follow their matches, and I think that all those who won and all those who lost have done their best. I'm so happy to see that we have so many Spanish players, and I hope it's going to continue this way.

Q. I don't know if you saw this video, a video concerning karaoke here in Roland Garros which is a parody of Shakira and Nadal.
FERNANDO VERDASCO: Oh, yes. I heard about it. I don't know why. Why do you always ask me to answer these questions about these things? Yes, the karaoke.
We did one last year, as well. Novak always wants to be the funniest, the star, but he loves this. He loves being a showman. He likes it.
So you should ask Rafa if he enjoyed this imitation or not. But to tell you the truth, I don't really know how Rafa took this, but I know Rafa. I don't think he really very much liked the video. But anyway, who knows? Maybe he enjoyed it.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/ … 30590.html

#34 11-08-2010 09:05:34

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Verdasco Plays First Official Tournament with Dunlop Racket

Entering this week’s SkiStar Swedish Open as the No. 2 seed, Spaniard Fernando Verdasco also unveiled his long awaited Dunlop racket. Signing with Dunlop at the end of March, Verdasco played his second-round match in Bastad today with his new frame.

Previously using Tecnifibre rackets, Verdasco had also experimented with a few Yonex frames earlier this year.

The world No. 10 joins the already vast Dunlop family which includes Nikolay Davydenko and Tommy Robredo.

http://tennisconnected.com/home/2010/07 … op-racket/

Kolejny powód słabszej dyspozycji?

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#35 06-09-2010 22:49:33

Serenity

User

US Open 2010 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 3 rundzie

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Felt like you served very well and he didn't serve maybe as well as could have. Did that feel like the important swing in the match?

FERNANDO VERDASCO: Well, maybe. I think everything is important in one match. When you play like two good players, everything can change the match, no?

It was windy, and not as windy as yesterday, but it was windy. Sometimes was tough to play, no? Tough to even serve in one side with the sun.

So, you know, I think that, yeah, maybe I served better than him and that gave me a little bit of advantage. But I think also that mentally I was really strong, even like in the first set for four games, almost 40 minutes, I was there all the time. You know, I'm positive and really good and focused.

So I think that that was the key. Also, even when I lost the second set, I was feeling good. So I think everything was important today to make the victory.

Q. Even though you didn't break him the first few games, did you get a sense you had a lot more chances the rest of the match based on how was playing?

FERNANDO VERDASCO: Well, I think that the match, the beginning of the match was tough. I had, like you said, few breakpoints, I didn't do it. It was four games, 40 minutes. But I was feeling great physically all the time.

I knew that I was, like, I really need to be all the time focused and be positive to beat one guy like Nalbandian right now in this moment.

So, you know, I did it, and I'm happy of how the match goes and how I played today.

Q. Can you talk about playing David? All the Spaniards are doing well here. What are your feelings on that?

FERNANDO VERDASCO: Yeah, well, it's good that he's gonna be for sure one Spanish in quarterfinals, and maybe, you know, if Feliciano wins and Rafa wins, also another Spanish in quarterfinals will be in that part of the draw.

If that is done today, one semifinals for sure will be Spanish also. So, you know, it's always nice to see all the Spanish winning and being in the last rounds, no? So if you need to lose, it's better to lose against a Spanish player, then at least one guy is gonna be there one round more, no?

I'm happy. I hope to play good also the next round, keep doing my work and my job as better as possible. Trying to play the best to be in the quarterfinals like last year.

Q. Do you feel better now than you did maybe in Washington?

FERNANDO VERDASCO: Yeah, for sure I am feeling much better. The last weeks before here, the results was really like really tough.

I lost with Mardy 7-6, 7-6. With Chardy also with the tiebreaks. It was, you know, like tough matches, close matches. Finally I lost all of them.

So I'm happy how is this tournament going, and I'm getting much more confidence. For sure, the match of today, winning Nalbandian that is one of the players in best conditions this summer is gonna help me for my confidence and for get better work and better tennis the next matches.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interv … 31206.html

#36 09-09-2010 18:09:55

Serenity

User

US Open 2010 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 4 rundzie

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. What was going through your mind when you were down the two sets and then down 1 4 in the fifth set tiebreaker? How were you able to come back?

FERNANDO VERDASCO: Like I said after the match, after I lost the first two sets, of course, it's tough. You know, that you don't have margin to recover. You just need to win all the other sets. About the tiebreak, you know, just trying to fight till the end. I came back till the fifth set, and of course even that I was 4 1 down in the tiebreak, I was not going to say, okay, that's it. I was going to try my best till the end. Just that, no? Just try to play good, try to play aggressive, try to do my game, and the things came in a good way, no? I was, of course with 4 1 down in the tiebreak much more chances to lose than to win, but I didn't. Just fighting and trying.

Q. Could you kind of describe match point? That's a shot that is going to go down for a long time.

FERNANDO VERDASCO: Is tough to explain. You are just you are with your sixth sense in the ball, in the point, knowing how important is, and, you know, just trying to run, fight, all the balls. So when I did the backhand along the line passing shot, you know, I was like even surprised that he took the volley. Of course, my reaction was just keeping the point and start running forward. Because normally with these volleys it's a dropshot, no, you gonna make another long volley. So I start running, and I just saw that space. (Smiling.) You know, is tough. Is tough to explain, because is like really short period of time and you are just running and trying to get the ball. When you see there a little bit of space, you just try to put the ball in. It was like unbelievable.

Q. But was the space you were looking at actually between the net and the chair?

FERNANDO VERDASCO: I was just first trying to get the ball; after that, yeah, it was only space. He was in the middle of the court, so I didn't see a space to play crosscourt. I saw a little bit of space just on the top of the net, just in between, like you said, the chair and the net, and I just tried to put the ball inside, inside out no, outside in, and it's good. (Laughing.) So happy when I saw that the ball was going in.

Q. What kind of treatment did you require after this match? Anything unusual?

FERNANDO VERDASCO: Just try to eat good, drink good, rest a lot, and of course hot massage, stretch on everything that you need, no? It's not also good if you are like having massage for three hours or stretching for three hours. I think that just the normal routine, like every match, no? Like maybe about 20 minutes stretching and about maybe one hour massage.

Q. But no IV or anything like that?

FERNANDO VERDASCO: No. Maybe you can take some anti inflammatories. You know, it's a very long match, and normally you have your body pretty you know, you have pain in your foot and your nails and in part of the body of course from tension of the match. You take some anti inflammatories, and that's the only thing. The other thing is just eat a lot of proteins and carbs to try to recover the best and as soon as possible.

Q. You're gonna maybe play Nadal in the next round. You have not a great record against him. Can you just talk about the challenge of playing Nadal, and also talk about if you feel like his serve has changed or has improved in the last few months.

FERNANDO VERDASCO: Yeah, well, I think that in this tournament I improve my serve a lot. It was one of maybe the biggest change from the last tournament to this US Open. Gets me a lot of free points, and, you know, like confidence.

Q. I'm talking about Nadal's serve.

FERNANDO VERDASCO: Oh, Nadal's serve? No, well, I think he's serving also better. You know, I think that he even improved the serve. In Wimbledon this year he was serving better than normally. I don't think about that, of the grip, no? I don't see like really, you know he's there, and I don't see when he's serving a big change in his grip. But he comes with confidence, no? He's making a great year. Of course when you are with confidence and you are trying new things like, for example, hit stronger the serve, you know, is easier to work well than when you are without confidence. So I think that he improve his serve, and of course helping him to improve his game, also.

Q. Did you and David Ferrer talk in the locker room after the match at all?

FERNANDO VERDASCO: Well, we just saw each other for a few seconds, and we just, you know, normal. He told me, well done. I told him, like, I'm really sorry. Then I told him, like, you know, that we need to keep fighting to be both in the Masters Cup. We have a great relationship. Of course when you lose a match like this today for him if I lost this match, for sure I was so upset and pissed on the -- it's true -- on the locker room. But at the end, you know, we are good friends, and I want him the best, no? I want him to be in the Masters Cup. And of course I hope that he will do it.

Q. Looking ahead to the Nadal match, because I don't think you've had that many been two sets down and come backs like that. Does that give you massive confidence, what you pulled off today?

FERNANDO VERDASCO: Well, I hope that is gonna give me big confidence, this match. And also I hope to be 100% physically after a tough match like today to play against one player like Nadal that you need to be like 100% to try to face him, no, to try to beat him. You know, I will just try to do all the things right and good, as best as possible. Then if he wins his match like he's winning right now and I play against him Thursday, I will just try to play my best tennis and try to beat him for first time. Everybody knows that he's No. 1 in the world; he's great player. My record is not good against him. But I will keep trying and keep fighting to make the first time here.

Q. Can you talk about your physical state here. When you were treated in third set, was that your ankle?

FERNANDO VERDASCO: It was because the tape that they made me before the match, it was like giving me a little bit like a blister in my Achilles tendon. So it was bothering me, and I just said to change it, to cut it and make a new one, because it was cutting a little bit and making me a little bit of blister in the Achilles tendon. That's all.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interv … 19524.html

#37 30-09-2010 00:30:43

Art

User

Martial Arts Fan Verdasco Lets Off Steam With Srichaphan

Martial Arts fan Fernando Verdasco, the second seed at this week’s PTT Thailand Open, took part in Muay Thai alongside 2008 Beijing Olympics gold medalist Somjit Jongjorhor in Bangkok on Wednesday. The Spaniard was also joined on the stage by former ATP pro Paradorn Srichaphan.

“I would love to learn more Thai boxing,” said Verdasco. “I’ve always loved martial arts so maybe when I stop playing tennis I can learn some more. It was a lot of fun to learn some of the moves today.”

Verdasco, who begins his tournament campaign on Thursday, will be looking to make a push for one of the six remaining spots still up for grabs at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals in London.

“The goal for me now is to get to London for the second consecutive year, so I’m going to fight hard to be there,” said 26-year-old Verdasco.

“I really want to finish in the Top 8 this year. Playing last year was very special for me as it was the first time that I qualified. Hopefully the experience from last year will help me if I can get there again this year.”

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … oxing.aspx

#38 01-10-2010 14:46:54

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Fernando: “I can be in the top 5 this year”

Fernando Verdasco attended the Forum Ferrándiz AS, where he said he hoped to be among the top five ranked players before year end and that he believed Rafael Nadal would again regain his number one ranking.

“It’s very difficult to finish in the top five, but I look and I see that it is possible. You have to have the results I’ve had these three weeks throughout the year. I will fight with everything I have to get it.”

“The last three weeks have given me great confidence, I have improved my self-esteem and I hope to be playing in the final in Roland Garros. If I have Nadal in my side of the draw, of course it will be very difficult. But with Federer, Djokovic or Murray, I think I have the potential to reach the final.”

Fernando also revealed that he nearly quit tennis at 15 years old because he was frustrated at not being able to reach his best level. He considers Feliciano Lopez to be his best friend, and that they have a good relationship that is “more personal, and very different from the ones I have with the other players.”

Fernando’s biggest dream is to win a Grand Slam and become the number one in the world, something he hopes to accomplish before he turns 33 years old.

“To be number one depends on many things, not just the ambition, but you also have to be lucky. Everyone would like to achieve it, some might get close, but very few do it. It’s my childhood dream, I am 26 years old now and I hope to play until I’m 32 or 33. I can see myself as number one, but I know how hard it is to do it.”

His biggest inspiration in tennis remains Andre Agassi, who had his greatest triumphs later in his career.

“I see people like Agassi who won Grand Slams and were number one even after he was 29 years old, and that gives me strength and confidence that I can still achieve that. He was always my idol, I like tennis and he was charismatic. I feel like I can identify with his game. ”

Asked about how the path of a player like him can remain in the shadow of Rafael Nadal, Fernando said he has a “healthy envy” for his younger compatriot. “I don’t feel bad because Rafa’s in front of me. I try to focus on him to become a better tennis player myself. Whenever you see a player who wins all the time, you envy him in the sense that you’d like to earn as much as him or more.”

He also praised said Nadal’s mental strength, praising his ability to handle the pressure of winning week after week. “What I’ve experienced these three weeks, he’s done for five years. Great mental strength even when he’s not having a good day is what I would highlight.”

Fernando also said that sport in Spain is at its best, with the best athletes in history. “God has put the best athletes in the history of sport at this time in Spain. Gasol, Alonso, Nadal, the Spanish football team. It’s something that can not be explained, but to put it simply, we have the best athletes now.”

In that sense, Fernando said that it is easier for Cristiano Ronaldo to win the league than it is for him to win a Grand Slam. “Cristiano has won the Ballon d’Or and is one of the best players in the world, I am still lacking in that. If he is out for two months with injuries, the team can play without him. In tennis, if you are injured no one plays for you. I do not like to compare individual to team sports because they have nothing in common.”

In addition, Fernando echoed Rafael Nadal’s complaints about the schedule set by the ATP. “It’s very long and very demanding. We have no holidays. If you are in Davis Cup, it ends on December 7 and then barely a month later you are playing again. There is no time to train. It is a season packed to the maximum that tires you out mentally and physically.”

As for the past controversies about Madrid and the high altitude, Fernando believes that the capital deserves more important Davis Cup ties, but acknowledges and understands that the team prefers to play at sea level. He made it known that the location debate is far more serious in the press than it is among the team: “We are united when we play, no matter where we play. This has been one of the keys to our success as a team.”

http://verdasconews.com/2010/05/fernand … this-year/

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#39 01-10-2010 17:14:25

Art

User

Wolał muay thai od treningu. Już odpadł

Fernando Verdasco, rozstawiony z numerem drugim, w swoim pierwszym meczu w Bangkoku przegrał nieoczekiwanie 4:6, 4:6 z Niemcem Benjaminem Beckerem. W stolicy Tajlandii Hiszpan zdecydowanie więcej czasu spędził jednak w gymie Muay Thai niż na treningowym korcie.

To może być spore rozczarowanie dla organizatorów, którzy już po zamknięciu listy zgłoszeń zdołali namówić Verdasco do przyjazdu, oferując mu "dziką kartę". Hiszpan, sklasyfikowany na ósmym miejscu w rankingu ATP World Tour, jeszcze przed pierwszym meczem był często "eksploatowany" przez miejscowe media, jako jedna z dwóch największych gwiazd startujących w imprezie.

W środę, zamiast odbycia sesji treningowej, Verdasco wziął udział w szybkim kursie tajskiego boksu, a naukę pobierał od najbardziej popularnych reprezentantów tego sportu. Na ringu miał okazję sparować także z najlepszym w historii tenisistą z Tajlandii Paradornem Srihapchanem, który już zakończył karierę.

- Muszę się kiedyś wziąć na poważnie za trening sportów walki - wyznał w środę Verdasco.

http://www.eurosport.pl/tenis/atp-bangk … tory.shtml

#40 18-11-2010 08:03:18

Joao

Buntownik z wyboru

Rezerwowy Verdasco już myśli o wygraniu Australian Open

Od nowego sezonu Fernando Verdasco nie musi się martwić o łupież, bo o to zadba znany producent szamponów, którego markę madrycki tenisista będzie reklamował. Od siebie samego wymaga wielkich zwycięstw już w styczniu.Verdasco jest rezerwowym na Finały ATP World Tour (od niedzieli) w Londynie, dokąd uda się w czwartek. Występy tegoroczne teoretycznie już zakończył, tak samo jak ustalił pozycję rankingową - dziewiątą, identyczną jak przed rokiem. Fernando się to nie podoba: - Nie mogę być zawiedziony, ale miało być lepiej - mówił podczas spotkania z mediami przy okazji prezentacji kampanii reklamowej H&S.

Po turnieju w Monte Carlo w kwietniu był trzeci na liście Race (wyniki tylko z danego roku). - To jasne, że po dobrym początku zanotowałem końcówkę sezonu nie taką, na jaką miałem nadzieję - powiedział. - Latem i jesienią byłem nieregularny, z ćwierćfinałem US Open i potem potwornym cyklem turniejów w Azji - wylicza.

Od występu w Nowym Jorku (porażka z Nadalem) wygrał tylko dwa mecze, w Paryżu przed tygodniem ostatecznie dyskwalifikując się z walki o Masters. Przed rokiem zadebiutował w kończącej sezon imprezie, ponosząc w grupie same porażki, choć wszystkie w trzech setach.

Swojego zdecydowanego faworyta do triumfu teraz Nando nie ma: - Tam grają najlepsi. Inaczej postawiłbym na Hiszpanów, Rafę i Davida [Ferrera], ale więcej szans daję Federerowi, który znów wydaje się być w najwyższej formie, oraz Söderlingowi, który wygrał w Paryżu, a nawierzchnia odpowiada mu perfekcyjnie.

27-letni Verdasco do sezonu będzie się przygotowywał w Stanach Zjednoczonych. Rok rozpocznie od występu w Brisbane (3 stycznia), potem będzie bronił tytułu w pokazówce w Kooyong. A wszystko zmierza do Melbourne i pierwszego wielkoszlemowego turnieju w kalendarzu: - Choć brzmi to mocno, wielkim wyzwaniem na początku sezonu będzie dla mnie zwycięstwo w Australian Open - mówi.

Australian Open rozpocznie się 17 stycznia. W półfinale edycji 2009 Verdasco stoczył epicki bój z Nadalem (7:6, 4:6, 6:7, 7:6, 4:6 w 5h10'). - Minęły od tego prawie dwa lata, a ten turniej wciąż jest dla mnie szczególny - przyznał. W tym sezonie Hiszpan został zatrzymany w IV rundzie, ale też w piątym secie, przez będącego jeszcze na fali (i przed kontuzją) Nikołaja Dawidienkę.

Po Masters, w poniedziałek 29 listopada, Verdasco będzie mógł na spokojnie obejrzeć mecz Barcelony ze swoim ukochanym Realem: - To będzie jeden z najlepszych "clásicos" w ostatnich latach, ponieważ obie ekipy są dobre jak nigdy - przyznał. - Nie sądzę, że znów dają nam baty [2:6], jak przed dwoma laty na Bernabéu. Tamten mecz oglądałem z trybun. Wierzę, że wygra Real, przynajmniej minimalnie, z 2:1, bo daję też gola Barçy.

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2010/ … o-wygrani/

Człowiek, jak każda małpa, jest zwierzęciem społecznym, a społeczeństwo rządzi się kumoterstwem, nepotyzmem, lewizną i plotkarstwem, uznając je za podstawowe normy postępowania etycznego. (Cień wiatru - Carlos Ruiz Zafon)

Stopka forum

RSS