Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#21 19-01-2010 20:02:41

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Re: Robin Soderling

Soderling upset in round 1 shocker

Marcel Granollers produced a magnificent comeback from two sets down to send No.8 seed Robin Soderling crashing out. There were also wins for Novak Djokovic and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.

Marcel Granollers d. Robin Soderling 5-7, 2-6, 6-4, 6-4, 6-2

World No. 113 Marcel Granollers earned the first break of the match to go 3-2 up, but he surrendered the lead immediately following a dismal game. Serving to stay in the set at 5-6, Granollers played another dreadful game to gift Soderling the opening frame of play.

After a scrappy first set display, Soderling raised his level considerably in the second and broke twice to move into a 2-0 lead. He seemed to lose focus in the third set, though, and a break to love at 3-3 was enough for Granollers to take it.

Soderling was a break up in the fourth, but he lost his own serve three times and allowed Granollers to level the match. The world No. 8 managed to fight off three break points in the opening game of the final set, but he double-faulted on the fourth to hand Granollers an early edge. Although the Spaniard took an injury timeout because of a leg problem, he soon extended his lead when he broke Soderling once more.

The Swede’s game fell apart at the seams and he looked exhausted. He hit a whole host of unforced errors, but Granollers rose to the occasion magnificently. The Spaniard produced a number of sensational passing shots that left Soderling flummoxed and secured victory by firing down his eleventh ace.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/match_repo … %B6derling

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#22 14-02-2010 17:41:13

jaccol55

Administrator

#5) ATP-500 Rotterdam 2010

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0aP62jgeWwdev/232x197.jpg?center=0.5,0

R1: SERRA, Florent 46 64 61
R2: SIJSLING, Igor 76(6) 62
QF: BENNETEAU, Julien 60 61
SF: DAVYDENKO, Nikolay 76(3) 64
F: YOUZHNY, Mikhail 64 20 Ret'd

#23 14-02-2010 18:07:44

Bizon

siła spokoju

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Po falstarcie na AO, Soderling rozegral wreszcie dobry turniej. Przydadza mu sie z pewnoscia punkty za ten turniej, bo po RG poleci mu duzo punktow z rankingu.

MTT Singiel : (Rank-2)

W : Los Angeles 08, Dubaj 09, New Heaven 09, Bangkok 09, Pekin 09, Madryt 10, Roland Garros 10, Barcelona 11, Madryt 11, Roland Garros 11
F  : Olympic Games 08, Bangkok 08, s'Hertogenbosch 10, Wimbledon 10, Los Angeles 10, Memphis 11

#24 22-03-2010 19:24:17

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Soda jeszcze raz o wielkim triumfie w 4r ostatniego RG.

Successful Soderling happy to "win ugly"

Successful Soderling happy to "win ugly" Robing Soderling admits that his tennis career has turned around since his breakthrough win over Rafael Nadal at the French Open last spring.

And the ATP No. 7 credits wise counsel from coach Magnus Norman with giving him a new way to think of his game.

Soderling showed off his big game to defeating effect with a knockout of Andy Murray to reach the Indian Wells Masters semi-final.

The Swede says that a change in his attitude is partly responsible for the success. "I've changed the way how I think a little bit. A few years ago I was very focused on playing well all the time. Now, what matters to me now is to win matches.

"It doesn't matter if I play well and win matches or play bad and win matches. You still have to win."

Soderling is happy to take the advice for former French Open finalist and one-time No. 2 Norman to heart. "Magnus taught me a lot.

"Of course he played well sometimes, but many, many times he didn't play well at all. And he told me he won the tournament in Shanghai (2000), and he said, 'I played so bad.'

"But that doesn't matter. It's not going to be there in the history books. What's gonna to be there is that he won the tournament."

Soderling says he is now a believer: "He made me believe that I can still win matches, even though if I don't play my best tennis. I try to think like that every time I practise, every time I go to the court.

"I've proved to myself that I can actually win," said the 2009 Roland Garros finalist to Roger Federer, bidding for his third title since competing in Paris.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#25 07-04-2010 18:59:57

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Soderling nie zagra w Monte Carlo z powodu problemów z prawnym kolanem.

Robin pulls out of Monte Carlo

Robin pulls out of Monte Carlo due to an overstrain in his right knee.

“I’ve had some problems with my knee since the Miami tournament. The pain has just escalated the more tennis I’ve played. My doctor has now examined my knee, and I’ve made a decision of not playing next week’s tournament in Monte Carlo.”

“This is very sad since Monte Carlo is my “home tournament” and one of my favorite tournaments of the year. But now awaits one week of rest and rehabilitation, and I will hopefully be back to compete in the Barcelona tournament that starts the 19th of April.”

-Robin

http://robinsoderling.se/news/

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#26 21-05-2010 23:03:00

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Heart Of A Warrior

Robin Soderling is known for his competitive drive and powerful game, but the journey to the top has revealed a new side of Sweden’s lone wolf.

You can tell by the way that Robin Soderling walks that he is a man who knows where he is going: great big strides, arms swinging with purpose and eyes focused dead ahead. And with 195 pounds packed solidly into a 6’4” frame, he is a big-boned Swede built like a lumberjack who crushes the ball like a bare-knuckle bruiser. Robin Soderling definitely plays hardball.

Born between the two great lakes of Sweden in the small town of Tibro, Robin Soderling grew up riding his bicycle to the tennis courts each day. It was here on those chilly bike rides to and from practice that he visualised his dream of becoming a great player.

“We have had a lot of special players in Sweden,” Soderling says. “It helped me to have so many good examples.”

While Soderling paid homage to past Swedish greats, he developed his own plans for greatness. Like a lone wolf he would do it his way, and with a determination as strong as Nordic steel. Fellow Swede and good friend, Johan Brunstrom believes that those early days gave Soderling the confidence for that he is so well known.

“Robin is by far the most competitive person I have ever met in my life”

“In his age group back in Sweden there were three to four guys in the 12 & under and 13 & under that were fighting big time against each other every time they played,” Brunstrom recalls. “Robin came out on top of these battles most of the time. I think that created a big confidence from an early stage which helped a lot along the way throughout juniors and on to the pro tour.”

Guiding Robin Soderling through the juniors and into the Top 50 of the South African Airways ATP Rankings was Peter Carlsson, coach of Team Catella.

“Robin lives for his tennis tournaments,” says Carlsson. “He is really committed to being the best. Robin is the kind of guy who will do everything to win a match.”

Robin Soderling’s career could not have gotten off to a better start. At his first event as a professional, an ITF Futures in Sweden, Soderling was the last man standing. He followed that win up with a runner-up finish the very next week.

Soderling“That first tournament win just made him more hungry to win the next week,” recalls Carlsson.

Kalle Flygt played the young Soderling both weeks. “You could see that he had a very big game even at that age,” says Flygt. “His movement then was not strong, but he sure had plenty of other weapons. And he hated to lose.”

Ask anyone who has ever known him and they all say the same thing: Robin Soderling absolutely hates to lose. For he is a natural born warrior, a Viking in the truest sense of the word.

“Robin is by far the most competitive person I have ever met in my life,” says good friend and Davis Cup teammate, Robert Lindstedt. “His desire to win is just incredible.”

Joachim ‘Pim-Pim’ Johansson was with Soderling for many of the early years on Team Catella. Both wanted to be number one on the team and they pushed each other daily. According to Carlsson, “the competition was fierce. And not always healthy”.

“He was very competitive and took his own way,” remembers Johannson. “Robin does not fear anyone. This is a strength that he has had all his life. Even when he was 10 and 12 years old, he always had the feeling that he could be number one.”

There is one word that best describes Robin Soderling’s style of tennis: brutal. Smash mouth tennis at its best. His balls are propelled by a deliberate velocity that explodes off his strings like hellfire missiles. While his serve may not have the easy grace of Richard Krajicek’s or the bullwhip snap of Goran Ivanisevic, it is a bio-mechanically efficient service technique that rocks the court like a thunderbolt. Off the ground, Robin packs heavy artillery. The backhand, solid and dependable, is a clean double-handed forearm press that he can take on the rise while changing direction with a split second snap of the hips. And more than a few players have joked that he could be arrested for carrying a weapon (forehand) onto the court.

“There is one word that best describes Robin Soderling’s style of tennis: brutal”

No doubt Soderling’s game is high risk. And when that forehand is on target, it is good night, Irene. But it is a game that demands precision, or possibly perfection. That is another trait that people attribute to Robin Soderling: perfection. Nobody knows that better than Nate Ferguson, of P1Tennis, who has customised Soderling’s racquets since 2004.

“Robin is definitely a perfectionist,” Ferguson states. “And I respect him for that. When I met him he was doing a lot of tinkering with his grip, wrapping layer after layer of trainers’ tape around the end. I called it the butt cap flare. We talked about it, and the balance of the racquet a lot and Thomas Enqvist joked that trying to please Robin with his racquet was mission impossible. After a lot of going back and forth, we eventually created a special molded grip of hard foam that never changes its dimensions. And a balance that worked. Robin was happy.”

Yet for all his power and attempts at perfection, something was lacking in Soderling’s repertoire. For years he seemed to be stuck in a rut, trapped between 40 and 70 in the rankings. In fairness to Soderling, he did have some serious injuries that required intensive rehab and long periods away from competition. Former ATP World No. 2 Magnus Norman had a good idea what Soderling needed and when he got the call, he answered it like the former champ he is.

Soderling“In the past he was throwing away matches that he should have won. He was affected by the wind, spectators, by things that he could not control,” says Norman. “What I was trying to do when I took over was to change his mentality, make it a strength. But in the beginning we had a rough time together. We were talking a lot, spending a lot of time together. I am sure he was sick of hearing my voice. Then the week before the French Open, he came to me and said, ‘Now I understand. I really understand what you mean.’

“Robin is very eager to learn new things,” continues Norman. “And he is an analyst. Sometimes he comes back to me and says, ‘I don’t really agree with you. Tell me why you think that?’ Then we discuss it more and more until we both agree on a plan.”

Former World No. 1 Mats Wilander says, “He's quite confident in his own ability and I think that's why he made it to the top of the game. I think he should have been there earlier... Robin is very strong mentally and it took someone who had been there and achieved more than him. Magnus knows what he’s talking about, saying the right thing and coming from the right person.”

Soderling must have learned something from Norman, for he was about to send shockwaves through the tennis world.

“He's quite confident in his own ability and I think that's why he made it to the top of the game”

It is a few hours before the clash of two titans, Rafael Nadal and Robin Soderling in the Round of 16 match at Roland Garros. Soderling has just finished warming up and is ready to go, but  Norman stops him from leaving the court and suggests one more drill. Soderling agrees and one by one, Norman feeds his charge what he loves to eat: inside out forehands.

Like a Gothic beast, Soderling’s black eyes flash with fury as he covers the advantage side of the court with alarming speed and agility for such a large man. Setting his big feet in a semi-open stance, he launches ballistic forehands across the net that explode like bomblets when hitting the court with plumes of red clay spewing up in the air. It is a stroke that looks more like a roundhouse right knock out punch than a part of a game played by gentlemen. Norman is satisfied that Robin is now ready to enter the arena that has been the undisputed throne of the King of Clay, Rafael Nadal.

Thirty-one times in thirty-one contests, the Spaniard has emerged victorious from Roland Garros. There is nothing in the air on this day that would suggest any other outcome. It would go down as a battle of man versus man, a war in the trenches between two heavy hitters. For four punishing sets, they traded blows. In the end it was the challenger, Soderling, who would eventually lift his arms in triumph while the mighty warrior Nadal was hurled to Valhalla.

Soderling“Sweden was so hungry for his success,” says Carlsson. “And Robin delivered.”

Brunstrom agrees. “I think the past one and half years he has improved mentally a lot on the court and has learned to accept that everything can’t be perfect all the time,” he says. “He has really showed that he can dig deep and come out on top in a way he didn’t do before.”

Understanding Robin Soderling the person is not as easy as understanding Robin Soderling the player. As a player there is no doubt that Soderling likes to bang – getting on top of the ball early, driving it down into the court like a hammer and nail – by doing so gaining the advantage of leverage. For his opponents, it is literally fighting an uphill battle.

But how do you figure out a man who once said to the press that he did not join the ATP World Tour to make friends? For starters, according to those who know him best, you have to be patient. Listen to what they have to say about the man ranked No. 7 in the world.

“I practised with him a lot over the years,” says Jarkko Nieminen. “When you know him better, he is more open. I think he has always been extremely talented. And he knew it himself. His own expectations were very high and that was a lot of pressure. He has been on the tour a few years, and maybe now he is more experienced he can handle the pressure. And he is putting all the little pieces together.”

“He does not come to people easily,” says Carlsson. “You have to get to know him. Once you do you can see he is a great guy. We had a really good relationship.”

“Robin is one of my best friends on the tour,” claims Robert Lindstedt. “He is really a nice guy.”

“You have to get to know him. Once you do you can see he is a great guy”

“Robin has a very strong personality,” states Norman.” You have to develop a feeling when to approach him. But he is more open now than in the past. Expectations have changed a lot. Very interesting to see how he handles the pressure.”

Fernando Verdasco and Robin Soderling are holding their trophies while standing on a raised platform on center court in Barcelona at the end of the ATP World Tour 500 tournament. The finalist Soderling has the microphone in his hand and he begins by thanking the crowd for their enthusiasm and the sponsors for their support. Though they are neck and neck in the South African Airways 2010 ATP Rankings, Soderling praises Verdasco.

“Congratulations, Fernando,” Soderling says. “You played great. And today you deserved to win.”

We have learned that Robin Soderling is a fiery competitor who hates to lose, but just as important we are seeing that Soderling respects how great the level is at the top of the ATP World Tour. In doing so, he exudes even more confidence, for he is man enough to admit it even though he has just gone down in three tough sets to Verdasco.

“He's ready to win a big tournament,” asserts Wilander, a winner of seven Grand Slam titles. “I think he believes he could win a big tournament and I think he's ready to win. He's matured a lot.”

It may have taken Soderling longer than he expected, but there is no doubt that he has finally arrived. And, since Roland Garros last year, he is sitting where he is most comfortable: in the driver’s seat, with one big foot on the gas pedal going full speed ahead.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/DEUCE- … rling.aspx

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#27 24-05-2010 20:27:33

Serenity

User

RG 2010 - wywiad z Robinem po zwycięstwie w 1 rundzie

Q. A very quiet start, actually, in the tournament.
ROBIN SODERLING: Well, yeah. It was a good start, you know. It's always nice to have a quick match in the early rounds. You know, I got to hit a few balls. We had a few rallies, so it was a good match.

Q. What were the feelings being out there back a year after making your first Grand Slam final in that court?
ROBIN SODERLING: It's nice, you know. Now I don't think about it too much. That was all last year. I have to start over again. Focus on every match. But of course it's always nice to come back to a place where you did well last year. Gives you good feelings.

Q. Before the win of today, you had three losses in a row. Is there any problem with what was the problem with that three losses in a row?
ROBIN SODERLING: Oh, well, I think after Barcelona I was a little bit tired. I played many matches in the States and in Indian Wells and in Miami. Then Barcelona after that, Davis Cup was also tough. I was a little bit tired in Rome, and I think I played pretty well in Madrid. I lost to a guy who played well.
So, you know, I'm feeling pretty good, and now I feel healthy and I feel like I'm really ready to play many matches here.

Q. Do you feel under much greater pressure this year after what you have achieved this year? How have your expectations changed this year compared to last year compared to usual?
ROBIN SODERLING: Well, not really. As I said, every year is different, and that was all last year. Now I have to focus on this year. Of course I know that I can do well this year, as well, but it's not sure. There are so many good players out there. You have to play well every match, and you also need a little bit of luck.

Q. Do you like your draw?
ROBIN SODERLING: Well, I haven't actually checked so far in the draw, but, you know, it doesn't really matter, you know. Everybody can play good tennis on any day, so I have to think about myself and try to improve for every match, and if I can play well, I have a good chance to win more matches, I think.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/ … 32428.html

#28 26-05-2010 17:00:01

Serenity

User

RG 2010 - wywiad z Sodą po zwycięstwie w 2 rundzie

Q. You got off to a very good start and never really seemed to be challenged at any point. Were you surprised at how quick and seemingly easy it was?
ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah. Of course, I mean, second round of the Grand Slam, you're not expecting to win that fast. But as you said, I played well and I got off to a great start. Broke him first game and I served pretty well in the first set, so, yeah, it was a good day for me.

Q. What can you say about the condition? Was it really different from the other day? It's much slower?
ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, it was different. It was much colder and a little bit windy. So it was different. It was not the easiest day to play on, but I think I handled it pretty well.

Q. Is it difficult when you're that dominant to keep your focus?
ROBIN SODERLING: No, not really. You know, I played so many matches so I know that everything can happen. Of course, you have to keep telling yourself that you have to stay focused because otherwise it can change pretty the match can turn pretty quick.
But I think, you know, I did it all the way today. I was still very focused even to the end, and the last game when he played a little bit better, I was still I kept my focus good.

Q. You've had two short matches, pretty easy wins. Do you have a sense of how you're playing or how things might go further ahead in the tournament, or has it been hard to judge where your game is at?
ROBIN SODERLING: Well, I don't think like that. You know, I'm happy with the two wins. As I said before, it doesn't matter how I play. What matters is that I won two matches and I'm in the third round. And I will always get a new chance to play better and better for every match.
Of course, I'm feeling good. I won two matches pretty easy in straight sets, and I didn't have to run for many hours on court so far, so I feel fresh and prepared for next round.

Q. Do you remember playing a three set match lasting one hour and 11 minutes?
ROBIN SODERLING: No, I don't remember. Maybe I did, but I don't remember.

Q. I know that we are at Roland Garros. Everyone is talking about your last year and so on, but I'm Italian. I need your thoughts on Davis Cup, even if it's very far away. I'm sorry. What do you expect, I mean, that could be part of the team then? I mean, because you are the only Swede here in the men's draw. There were times when there were five or six in the top 10. Do you see any change in the future, and why the situation is so bad, I mean, in Sweden that there is only one player, men, and there are two women, if I remember well. First time there are more women than men.
ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, but I think it's pretty good for a country with only 9 million people to have a top 10 guy and two women in the main draw.
Of course it's bad if you compare to 20 years ago, but what Sweden had back then I don't think any country will have again, not even the biggest countries like France, like U.S., or Spain. So it's been very good.
I know I kind of feel we're coming back a little bit. We have a couple good juniors. Of course, it will take a while, but I think and I really hope in a few years' time we will have at least a few more players on tour again.

Q. So there is only Pim Pim Johansson who can play with you? And who else could play September?
ROBIN SODERLING: No, well, Vinciguerra played a couple matches, and he's a great player when he's healthy; same with Pim Pim. Of course we don't have that many players, but I think when we're all playing well and we're all healthy, we have a good team.

Q. You going to win?
ROBIN SODERLING: Well, we at least will try.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/ … 06860.html

#29 31-05-2010 00:20:14

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Wywiad z Soderlingiem po wygranym meczu 4 rundy Rg10

Q. The match with Cilic, many people, myself, we thought it would be a very close match, hard match that maybe you would end up winning. I would think you would end up winning. But it happened much faster. Unexpected score, probably. How did you feel about that? The second question is: Are you happy to face Federer again, although it's not in the final but it's in the quarters?
ROBIN SODERLING: Well, I think first question I think you're always expecting a tough match, whoever you play against. Against Cilic, we never played before, but he's a great server. Against guys like him, it's almost always tough.
But I think the conditions were a little bit tough today. It was windy; it was cold; it was tough to really get in a rhythm. But I think what was the biggest difference between us is I think I served better than him. I had more first serves in, and I was able to dictate play with my forehand a little bit more.
Second one, well, I mean, it's a quarterfinal of a Grand Slam, and I have to play either one of the top four guys. Of course it's tough to play against Roger, but it's all tough matches. I hope for a good match. It's always fun to play against him.

Q. In Abu Dhabi when you won the exhibition, you said or at least you were quoted as saying that the more times you play him, the closer you get to him. I wondered if you could talk about what your best played match against him has been, and what you did right in that match that you might take into this one.
ROBIN SODERLING: We played so many times over so many years now, so it's tough to remember. But I remember a few times I played against him when I came pretty close, especially one in Halle a couple years ago when I served and returned really well.
I think that's what you have to do against him, because of course he's the best player in the world. But even against him you will always get a few chances. Then you have to take them, because he won't give you any second opportunities.
You really have to play well in the important points, which he does so well, and that's why he's so good.

Q. A year ago you came here No. 23 seed, I believe; now you're No. 5. Tell us what is so different from a year ago. Maybe part of that is tell us about Magnus Norman and what he has done to change you at all.
ROBIN SODERLING: I don't know if I changed. I think one year ago or two years ago I think I could play really good tennis. My had highest level then was pretty much the same as now, I think.
But of course I'm winning more matches, and I think I'm winning more matches when I'm not playing my best tennis, which I didn't do so often before. That's the biggest change.
Of course, Magnus helped me a lot with a lot of things on and off the court, so he's been really good for me.

Q. You've become more consistent. Is part of that Magnus?
ROBIN SODERLING: Well, yeah. Him and also me. We work together as a team. I think we did a really good job. As I said, you know, I have many things to thank him for. He's been really helpful.

Q. I was wondering which would be a more satisfying victory for you, beating Nadal on clay or beating Federer.
ROBIN SODERLING: I don't know, you know. It depends which tournament, which round, whatever, you know.
They're both really tough players to beat. They're No. 1 and 2 in the world. Beating them, it's a great achievement, I think. I think you have to play your best tennis.
It's very difficult, but it's not impossible, which I showed and which many other players showed in the past.

Q. I think the clay court form before this tournament was maybe not the best. Have you been a little scared? And on the other hand, are you surprised now that it's going so well?
ROBIN SODERLING: Well, no. I haven't really been scared. Of course I wanted to win more matches than I did, but I think I played in finals in Barcelona, first clay court tournament, and I end up losing in a tough three sets against Verdasco, which is not a bad tournament.
Then of course I had a bad week in Rome when I didn't play well at all. But, you know, it can happen to anyone. It can happen to, you know, Roger, Rafa, everyone. They cannot play their best tennis every week.
So it's been I think overall it's been pretty good, but I think of course I wanted to have some more matches before coming into this tournament. But now I played four really good matches, and I'm feeling good.

Q. If I understand you correctly, are you saying that basically the difference between last year and this year and maybe between a top 20 player and a top 3 or 4 player, 5 player, is that you learn how to win without playing at your best level, that is, knowing how to win without being at your top level?
ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, I'd like to think so. If you look at all the top guys, they're not playing the best tennis every week. Maybe you have three or four, maybe five matches in a year where you feel like you play really, really well.
The other 50 matches you still have to win, and then all the top guys, they win a lot of matches against good players without playing the best tennis. I think that's the biggest difference between a guy ranked in the top 10 and the guy ranked in the top 30, 40.

Q. You've cracked that secret. Can you tell us how it's done? Can you give us just one example of knowing how to win when you're not...
ROBIN SODERLING: Of course, winning a lot of matches against good players gives you confidence. I think this year and also last year I won a lot of matches against really good players, so my confidence is good.
You know, in matches like this, it's very often it's a couple of points here and there which decides the match. And then the guy who has the best confidence wins the match and the points most of the time.

Q. Would you prefer quicker conditions for your next match?
ROBIN SODERLING: No, I haven't really thought about it, but I think it doesn't really matter. I think I can play well on both slow and faster surfaces and conditions. So, no, not really.

Q. You're not any more an outsider, but you're one of the top players. Does that add more confidence, or does that add more tension? Does it matter at all?
ROBIN SODERLING: No, I don't think about it that much, because, you know, doesn't matter if you're ranked 5 or 50 in the world. You still have to win the matches. On court it doesn't matter what your ranking is. You still have to win the matches. I think that's how you have to think.

Q. Has your life changed at all off the court since you've become a top 10 player?
ROBIN SODERLING: Well, no, not that much. Of course, it's been a little bit more hectic. I do more stuff outside the court, but, you know, I try to I try to live the same life.
You know, I think it's pretty similar. I still do the same things every day.

Q. You're not bothered on the street or when you're eating at a restaurant?
ROBIN SODERLING: Well, of course, that, but it doesn't bother me that much. I always wanted to be where I am now, and I know that's the sort of things that comes with it. I have to accept it, whether I like it or not.

Q. Just to clarify just in the end on that one point, so a year ago were you somebody who, for example, when you lost those key points, would get down? And are you now a person who, when you lose those key points, you still retain your confidence and keep your energy up? Is that a difference?
ROBIN SODERLING: Well, at least I try to. Sometimes it works, and sometimes not.
But, again, as I said, I think I could still play as good one or two years ago as I can do now, but it's you know, it's when I'm not playing when I'm not playing my best tennis, that has changed when I'm winning more matches now.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/ … 92224.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#30 01-06-2010 20:29:33

Kubecki

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Novak Djokovic

1.06.2010 - po 366 dniach Robin Soderling po raz drugi raz w karierze pokonuje nr 1 światowych list.  W 1/4 RG okazuje się lepszy od Rogera Federera. Rok temu w 4r tego samego turnieju pokonał Rafaela Nadala (ówczesny nr 1 i również obrońcę tytułu w Paryżu)

Well done Robin

Ostatnio edytowany przez Kubecki (01-06-2010 20:29:56)

#31 01-06-2010 21:39:52

Serenity

User

RG 2010 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w ćwierćfinale

Q. Two years in a row you beat the title holder. How it feels to be a giant killer?
ROBIN SODERLING: Hey, of course it's nice to beat the world No. 1 two years in a row on the center court. I think both times I play really good tennis. I think it's a great feeling.

Q. What about the statistics and now finally winning Federer?
ROBIN SODERLING: Well, of course I didn't think about it that much. As I said, I think even though I lost so many times, I always have a chance to win. I came close a couple of times before, and I really feel like one or two times I actually been a little bit unlucky.
With a little bit of lucky I could have won before. Now I'm here finally with a win, and it's great.

Q. You had today the extreme focus?
ROBIN SODERLING: Well, I try to be focus in every match. Yeah, I think I played really well. Even in the first set it was a pretty good set. I didn't serve that well in the first. That was the only difference, I think.
But overall, it was a great match from the start until the end.

Q. What about the weather conditions and having to stop?
ROBIN SODERLING: Of course it's tough, but I played for so many years now, and this is how it is on outdoor tennis. It can rain, so you have to stay focused. I think I got pretty used to it, so it wasn't that bad.

Q. This is a similar win you had last year against Nadal, like overpowering him with your game. Do you think that the game you played against Federer today you could have played that match maybe if you had more experience or concentration against Federer in the final last year? Of course, your game grew, but maybe it was just a matter of mental preparation, last year's final?
ROBIN SODERLING: Oh, well, of course I think I played a better match today than last year's finals. As I said, it's difficult playing in your first Grand Slam final, no doubt.
You know, now I am in there and I played on the center court a couple of times. Yeah, it was a little bit easier this time.

Q. Swedes used to be pretty big around this town. Are you gonna start a revival?
ROBIN SODERLING: Oh, I hope so. You know, when I grew up, there were so many good Swedish players on tour. I looked up to them and they inspired me.
Hopefully, you know, I can do the same with young kids in Sweden now.

Q. You mentioned you have to play in any conditions. What was it really like? Was it sloppy underfoot? Did the balls get very heavy?
ROBIN SODERLING: The balls got heavy. I think I played good matches in these kind of conditions in the past, and I think it suits my game pretty well. It was a little bit slower, but I managed to serve really well and take the ball early. It helped me a lot.

Q. Swedish conditions, eh?
ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah.

Q. Last year when you beat Rafa it was a big sort of celebration, your arms waving on court. It was if it was a bit of a surprise to you even. Today, very cool, controlled celebration. Did you really believe today that you could win? Was that the difference?
ROBIN SODERLING: Well, I think, you know, I always believe that I can win. This is a big win, but it's not the final.
You know, still have at least one more match to play, and I don't want to celebrate too much. I want to focus on the next game.

Q. Are you superstitious? This was the 13th match in general.
ROBIN SODERLING: Well, no, I didn't think about it that way. But, you know, again, losing so many times, I think you will come closer to a win eventually. I'm really glad that I won here in a Grand Slam and not in a smaller tournament.
Even though a win against Federer, it's always big.

Q. Berdych beat you in Miami 2 2 pretty badly. Do you think there will be any possibility of a replay of that here? What happened there that won't happen here?
ROBIN SODERLING: Well, the match before I beat him 1 1. (laughter.)
I know every match is a new match, and he played great this year. He's a dangerous player when he's playing good.
So of course it can happen, but I'm expecting a tough match.

Q. You're going to be the answer to the quiz question who ended Roger Federer's semifinal run forever now. Do you think that's the greatest run of its kind in sports, not just tennis?
ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, maybe. I mean, it certainly is not easy playing, what is it, 23 or 24 consecutive semifinals, which is just huge.
Well, it's a great run.

Q. When one thinks about clay court tennis, often one thinks of a player with great wheels, great defensive skills, maybe a big topspin forehand, run down all the balls, hang in there forever. Could you talk about your game, how it maybe is different and how it matched up today against Roger?
ROBIN SODERLING: Well, yeah. Maybe I don't have the typical clay court game, but I think I can do well on every surface.
Actually, I think I kind of like the slower surface a little bit more than the really fast ones. The last couple of years I played better and better on clay.
So when I serve like this and when I'm feeling like I'm hitting the ball well like this, you know, I think maybe clay is my almost my best surface.

Q. Could you analyze for us what and where was the turning point of the match, where you sensed that Federer was pulling down when you were resting high?
ROBIN SODERLING: Of course he had some chances in the second set. First set he played well. I didn't serve so well. Then in the second it was tough for me, and I saved a couple of really important points.
So I think when I won the second set, which was very big for me, I really felt that I could relax a little bit. After that, I think I start today play better and better.

Q. Once Vitas Gerulaitis said nobody can beat Gerulaitis 17 times in a row. What about you? And is this a better satisfaction than to beat Nadal, the same thing? What is the difference? Are you more confident now than you were maybe one year ago?
ROBIN SODERLING: Well, it's a tough question. You know, I think they're both big wins, of course. They were both No. 1s. They're different players, and I'm really happy that I showed that I can beat them both.
But again, you know, I don't think about it that much. Of course I lost a lot of times, so it's a great feeling to finally end that streak.
But still, you know, I don't think about who I beat. You know, what matters is that I won and that I won quarterfinals in a Grand Slam and I get the opportunity to play semifinals in two days, which is great.

Q. Each time when you tried to challenge the call and you've been booed badly, how can you manage to stay focused? You just shut all the noise outside of your game? How can you manage that?
ROBIN SODERLING: It's not really difficult. I don't really care, you know. I play for myself and I play for the win, not for the crowd.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/ … 79114.html

#32 01-06-2010 22:02:03

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Kubecki napisał:

1.06.2010 - po 366 dniach Robin Soderling po raz drugi raz w karierze pokonuje nr 1 światowych list.  W 1/4 RG okazuje się lepszy od Rogera Federera. Rok temu w 4r tego samego turnieju pokonał Rafaela Nadala (ówczesny nr 1 i również obrońcę tytułu w Paryżu)

Well done Robin

Facet zapisuje się w historii. W ciągu 12 miesięcy przerwał znakomite serie dwóch tytanów obecnej ery tenisowej.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#33 02-06-2010 14:53:44

jaccol55

Administrator

Tennis-Giant-killer Soderling has eyes on bigger prize

Robin Soderling knows he still has plenty of work to do after beating the world number one and holder at the French Open for the second successive year.
The Swede overcame Roger Federer 3-6 6-3 7-5 6-4 on Tuesday to reach the last four and end the Swiss maestro's run of 23 consecutive semi-final appearances in grand slam tournaments.
Last year Soderling put out Rafa Nadal in the fourth round.
But having lost to Federer in the final 12 months ago, the fifth seed said his victory would not mean as much if he lost to Czech Tomas Berdych in the semis on Friday.
"Of course, it's nice to beat the world number one two years in a row on the centre court," Soderling told reporters. "I think both times I played really good tennis. It's a great feeling.
"This is a big win, but it's not the final. I still have at least one more match to play and I don't want to celebrate too much. I want to focus on the next game."
BIG WINS
When he beat Nadal last year to end the four-time champion's unbeaten run at Roland Garros, Soderling celebrated in jubilant style on Court Philippe Chatrier.
On Tuesday, as Federer's forehand return sailed long, he simply pumped his fist to show his satisfaction.
Asked if beating the Swiss was better than getting past Nadal last year, Soderling took his time to answer.
"It's a tough question," he said. "I think they're both big wins, of course. They were both number ones.
"They're different players and I'm really happy that I showed that I can beat them both."
Soderling's victory also snapped his record of losing all 12 of his previous meetings with Federer.
"I (didn't) think about it that much," he said. "Of course, I lost a lot of times (to the Swiss) so it's a great feeling to finally end that streak.
"But still I don't think about who I beat. What matters is that I won and that I won a quarter-final in grand slam and I get the opportunity to play a semi-final, which is great."

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/01062010/2/t … prize.html

#34 02-06-2010 20:22:41

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Borg: Soderling będzie numerem 1 szybciej niż się tego spodziewamy.

STOCKHOLM (AP)—Sweden’s Bjorn Borg says compatriot Robin Soderling is within reach of the world No. 1 title after ending Roger Federer’s record streak of 23 consecutive major semifinals in the French Open.

Borg describes Soderling’s Tuesday game as “perfect” and says he will “become World No. 1 faster than we can expect” in an interview with the Expressen tabloid.

Soderling’s 3-1 set win against the Swiss champion topped all main sports pages in Sweden on Wednesday, which described it as “epic and historic.”

Borg holds a record six French Open titles from 1974-81. No Swede has brought home the title since 1988, when Mats Wilander won.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#35 02-06-2010 20:27:06

Robertinho

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer forever

Zaraz, czy to nie ten pan który zakończył karierę w wieku 26 i to samo doradzał Fedowi po Wimblu 2008?

#36 02-06-2010 20:29:07

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Robertinho napisał:

Zaraz, czy to nie ten pan który zakończył karierę w wieku 26 i to samo doradzał Fedowi po Wimblu 2008?

Tak ten sam. Również ten sam, co przed 1/2 USO 08 wskazał Rokera na Mistrza.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#37 04-06-2010 19:40:08

Serenity

User

Soderling się męczył, ale awansował do finału!

Po trwającym trzy i pół godziny meczu Robin Soderling pokonał Tomasa Bedrycha 6:3, 3:6, 5:7, 6:3, 6:3 i awansował do finału turnieju French Open. Szwedzki tenisista udowodnił, że powtórka osiągnięcia sprzed roku nie była przypadkowa.

Półfinał z Berdychem był, zacięty i jednostajny. Brakowało spektakularnych akcji i długich wymian, ale trzeba pamiętać, że obaj zawodnicy preferują siłowy styl gry. W tej wyniszczającej walce nieco bardziej konsekwentny okazał się Szwed, choć popełnił też mnóstwo błędów.

Mimo wszystko Soderling może być w finale postrachem dla Rafaela Nadala albo Juergena Melzera.

- Tomas postawił mi trudne warunki. Jestem bardzo zmęczony - mówił po meczu z uśmiechem Robin Soderling. Szwed przegrywał już w setach 1:2, ale zdołał odwrócić losy meczu na swoją korzyść.

W Paryżu panowały wręcz ekstremalne warunki. 30 stopni w pełnym słońcu to dla tenisistów temperatura po prostu zabójcza. Obaj tenisiści wylali na korcie litry poty, ale po meczu cieszył się tylko jeden. - Choć te warunki dały się mi we znaki - opowiadał Soderling.

Szwed przez 24 miesiące jeszcze wzmocnił się psychicznie. W ćwierćfinale odprawił z kwitkiem pierwszą rakietę świata Rogera Federera, który przed rokiem poskromił go w finale.

http://www.eurosport.pl/tenis/roland-ga … tory.shtml

#38 04-06-2010 19:56:08

anula

Kobieta z klasą

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafa Nadal

DUN I LOVE napisał:

Borg: Soderling będzie numerem 1 szybciej niż się tego spodziewamy.

STOCKHOLM (AP)—Sweden’s Bjorn Borg says compatriot Robin Soderling is within reach of the world No. 1 title after ending Roger Federer’s record streak of 23 consecutive major semifinals in the French Open.

Borg describes Soderling’s Tuesday game as “perfect” and says he will “become World No. 1 faster than we can expect” in an interview with the Expressen tabloid.

Soderling’s 3-1 set win against the Swiss champion topped all main sports pages in Sweden on Wednesday, which described it as “epic and historic.”

Borg holds a record six French Open titles from 1974-81. No Swede has brought home the title since 1988, when Mats Wilander won.

#39 04-06-2010 22:47:56

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Soderling Battles Past Berdych For Second Shot At Title

Fifth seed Robin Soderling will attempt to become the first Swedish titlist at Roland Garros since Mats Wilander in 1988 after he fought past No. 15 seed Tomas Berdych 6-3, 3-6, 5-7, 6-3, 6-3 on Friday for a place in his second Grand Slam championship final.

Soderling, who captured his only clay-court title at the SkiStar Swedish Open at Bastad in July 2009, ended Berdych’s eight-match winning streak with victory in three hours and 27 minutes. By reaching the Roland Garros final for the second straight year, he is guaranteed to rise to a career-high No. 6 in the South African Airways ATP 2010 Rankings on Monday.

The Tibro native hit 18 aces (75 aces overall for the tournament) and 62 winners, converting six of 13 break point opportunities. Berdych, whose previous best Grand Slam performance was a quarter-final run at 2007 Wimbledon, committed 41 unforced errors and dropped to 1-13 lifetime against Top 10 opponents at major championships.

"Of course I could have lost that match," admitted Soderling, who will next meet four-time former champion and No. 2 seed Rafael Nadal of Spain. "It was very close.  [It] was really tough to play my own game, because he didn't give me any time at all. He was hitting the ball really hard and really flat."

Berdych appeared the stronger player on return of serve in the opening exchanges, but a poor service game at 2-3 – that saw Soderling break on the back of a double fault – handed last year's finalist the initiative. Soderling confirmed a 5-2 lead with a service hold to 15, when he showcased just how much he has worked on his volleying technique since a six-month injury lay-off in 2007. Soderling backed up his potent serve with aggressive groundstrokes to keep Berdych behind the baseline in the 33-minute first set.

In the second set, Berdych had a change in fortunes. He was gifted a 3-1 lead courtesy of a backhand error and a double fault and could have taken a 5-2 lead, but Soderling saved two break points with pinpoint accurate serving. In 28° Celsius heat, Berdych clinched the second set in 39 minutes with an ace on his second set point opportunity.

The atmosphere began to build on Philippe Chatrier Court in the third set, when Soderling dropped to 0/40 in the third game. Flirting with disaster, Soderling got back to deuce through three unforced errors from Berdych. He saved a fourth break point with a forehand winner, but on Berdych’s fifth opportunity he hit a double fault.

But Soderling, the only Swede in the Top 300 of the South African Airways 2010 ATP Rankings, turned the match around by playing conservatively and cutting down on errors. He was able to win three straight games for a 4-3 lead, after erratic serving from Berdych in the fourth and sixth games.

Berdych looked in big trouble at 15/40 in the eighth game, but won four straight points through solid serving and deft touch. The match turned on its head again at 5-5, when Soderling saved two break points but over-hit a forehand to gift Berdych a service break.

Just as it looked like Berdych might become the first Czech Roland Garros finalist since Petr Korda in 1992, Soderling raised his game. Breaking serve in the sixth game of the fourth set, he went on to take the pair's ninth meeting to a deciding set with an outstanding inside-out forehand winner in a tense service hold.

While the pair exchanged service breaks at the start of the fifth set, it was Soderling who proved ultimately mentally tougher than Berdych. Gaining a crucial break in the seventh game, Soderling won four straight points from 0-30 to take a 5-3 lead. Minutes later, Berdych hit a backhand wide at 30/40 to give Soderling another shot at the title. Last year, he fell to World No. 1 Roger Federer in the final.

"I think I can do well on any surface," said Soderling, who improved to a 27-9 match record on the season. He will be attempting to capture his sixth tour-level title in Sunday's final. "There's no surface I don't like to play on, which is a good feeling."

Berdych, who was the first Czech to reach a Grand Slam championship semi-final since Jiri Novak at the 2002 Australian Open, dropped to a 30-11 mark this year.

"It was a great two weeks for me," said Berdych. "Every round I [have] won here was a great moment."

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … Final.aspx

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#40 05-06-2010 09:36:15

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Wywiad po awansie do finału RG2010

Q. Is the type of match the old Robin should have lost, I think.
ROBIN SODERLING: What's the old Robin? What's the new Robin? I never understand. Of course I could have lost that match. It was very close. But today I won it, so I'm happy with that.

Q. How much better do you feel equipped to handle a Grand Slam final now having played this one here last year?
ROBIN SODERLING: We'll see on Sunday, but of course it feels better. You know, it's always it's always the most difficult one playing your first. In any tournament, first match is the most difficult one.
Of course it was tough for me last year playing my first Grand Slam final. Hopefully it will be a little bit easier this time.
Q. With Berdych, you have maybe a little too similar games. There was not much rally in the game. There was like fast points won, fast mistakes. Did you expect that kind of game? Was it the same when you played him previously in Miami or elsewhere?
ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, he's tough to play. Today was really tough to really play my own game, because he didn't give me any time at all. The conditions were much quicker, and he was hitting the ball really hard and really flat.
So, again, yeah, it was tough to play today.

Q. Did you think that the quality of the match versus Nadal, you expect a similar match as the to last year's with Nadal, with more rally or more quality in the game than today's game?
ROBIN SODERLING: I mean, every match is different. Normally against Nadal the times I've played him before we had more rallies than if you compare to today.
As I said, every match is different. You never know what, how he's gonna play or if I play him. I mean, he's still playing against Melzer. So, I mean, conditions are changing a lot there, so we have to see on Sunday, I think.
Q. Since you played Rafa here last year, he's mentioned a few times or more it was implied that the knees were a problem or other things were bothering him. Has that bothered you that maybe that was some sort of excuse for his performance that day?
ROBIN SODERLING: No, I never thought about it. Well, I think he's definitely not the only player who has some problem with his body. I think we all have that from time to time. So I never really thought about it.
You know, I was very happy with the win and my run here last year. I still am. It doesn't matter who I played or who I beat or if he was injured or not.
Q. Two or three years ago if somebody had asked you what Grand Slam you think you'd do the best at, would you have said Roland Garros?
ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, maybe. I think I can do well on any surface. There's no surface I don't like to play on, which is a good feeling, is very nice.
I think I play better and better on clay for every year. So I don't really have any favorite surface.

Q. Were you a little surprised and perhaps disappointed when you walked out to play at 1:00 and there were only about 2 or 300 people in the stadium?
ROBIN SODERLING: No. I didn't even notice.

Q. You didn't notice?
ROBIN SODERLING: No. Well, I was really focused on my match. No, it doesn't really matter. But I think at the end it was pretty full, eh?

Q. It was.
ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah.

Q. What was on your mind when you were down two sets to one?
ROBIN SODERLING: Well, yeah, it was not easy. I know, he was playing really well, and I really felt that I had some chances in the third set, you know. I had a few break points.
But he came up with some really good serves on the important moments. So it was tough, you know. I had a really tough time trying to handle his serve.
But, you know, it was still two sets to one, and I was telling myself I can still win this. But of course it's tough to be down like that.

Q. (Through French translation) good afternoon, Robin. You defeated Nadal when you played him. He hasn't yet finished. Do you think that you have a psychological edge if you are to play against him in the final?
ROBIN SODERLING: Well, we played many times. He beat me a lot of times, and I beat him a few times. So it was not the last match. You know, we played one or two times after that.
But of course it's always good to have beaten a player before. I know that I can beat him. I showed it.
But, again, you know, every match is a new match, and every match is different.

Q. Just going back to last year's experience again, what would you hope to do a little better? Perhaps start better in the final than you did last year? The nerves, you got used to the nerves now, what it's gonna be like now in the locker room beforehand.
ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, of course, I didn't get off to a great start last year, which was really tough for me.
But, you know, it's gonna be a long match. It's best of five sets. You can always work your way into any matches in a Grand Slam.
Yeah, it's not gonna be easy whoever I play, but I feel pretty confident. I'm playing really good tennis right now, and I will enjoy it for sure.

Q. Obviously Magnus made it to the final here and didn't win. Would there be any extra sort of pleasure for you to win the final because he got that far and didn't quite make it all the way?
ROBIN SODERLING: Oh, well, of course I think the final is the one match you really want to win most of all, but not maybe because he lost in the final.
I think he'd be glad for me, and I would be very glad if I win on Sunday. It has nothing to do with that.

Q. You managed to win today with 63 unforced errors, so what does it mean? You had to take all the risks?
ROBIN SODERLING: Well, I said before, you know, you cannot there's someone sitting and writing down the unforced errors, and I think it's tough for anyone to say what's an unforced error and what's not.
So I don't really look at the statistics like that, you know. He put me under a lot of pressure, and it was tough today. You know, as I said, I couldn't really play my own game because he didn't give me any time.
That's why maybe I missed a little bit more than I wanted to.

Q. It's tough for any player to play their first Grand Slam final; hard to imagine what goes through your head when you get on a court in the final Sunday when you get on that big stage. Now that you've done it before, what really can you learn from that? And will it help you?
ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, hopefully I won't be as nervous as I was last year, you know, playing that match. And not only the finals here last year, I think I played many big matches the last year against good players on big courts.
I learn from every one of those matches, and hopefully I will feel fine. And, you know, if I win it's great; but if I lose, you know, I will try my best, and hopefully it will be enough.

Q. Is that condition tougher for you than your last match against Federer? Definitely much warmer.
ROBIN SODERLING: Of course it's tougher when it's warmer, especially physically. But I think I can do well in any conditions.
But against Tomas, it was tough today because he was really fast and I wasn't really used to it. He hit the ball so hard and so flat, and then didn't give me any time at all. Today it was difficult.

Q. Sunday is much cooler than now.
ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, we'll see. I think I can do well in any conditions. I don't really think about it that much.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/ … 82913.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

Stopka forum

RSS