mtenis.pun.pl - forum fanów tenisa ATP

Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#1 20-06-2009 14:55:34

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Taylor Dent

Taylor Phillip Dent (ur. 24 kwietnia 1981 w Newport Beach, Kalifornia) – amerykański tenisista.

http://images.myride.com/images/non-vehicle/People/Celebrity/MyRide%20With/taylor_dent_Main_(544x408).jpg

W swojej karierze wygrał 5 turnieje ATP: w Newport (2002), Bangkoku (2003), Memphis (2003), i Moskwie (2003), a także trzy razy docierał do finałów turniejów ATP. W 2006 roku wraz z Lisą Raymond wygrał Puchar Hopmana. Preferuje grę serwis-wolej. Jest posiadaczem trzeciego na świecie pod względem szybkości serwisu (151 mil na godzinę, wyprzedzają go jedynie Andy Roddick i Ivo Karlović). 8 sierpnia 2005 roku osiągnął najwyższą w karierze – 21. pozycję w rankingu ATP. W 2006 roku zmagał się z kontuzją pachwiny. 8 listopada 2010 roku ogłosił zakończenie sportowej kariery.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#2 20-06-2009 14:56:30

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Re: Taylor Dent

Return serve

Out more than two years with back woes, Dent is ready to resurface at Wimbledon

A few months ago, getting the chance to scuff up the world’s most hallowed greensward again was a fantasy. “This was going to be a feel-out year,’’ Taylor Dent figured. “To see if I could still compete with these guys.’’

Now, thanks to a whirlwind qualifying week at nearby Roehampton, Dent finds himself back on the biggest stage in tennis, drawn with Spain’s Daniel Gimeno-Traver in the first round at Wimbledon. “It seems like a lifetime ago that I was here playing,’’ said Dent, who is having a most unlikely competitive rebirth at 28 after missing more than two years with back miseries that might even have convinced Job to hang up his racquet.

For six consecutive summers, Dent was a fixture at the Big W, making it to the fourth round in 2005. But that was before three surgeries wiped out the better part of three seasons, sent his ranking tumbling from 41st to 879th, and assigned him to the Whatever-Happened-To? category. “I had three years taken away from me against my will,’’ Dent said by telephone from London last week. “I didn’t retire.’’

Yet even after a reassuring resumption last winter, Dent’s ranking still was so low (269) that he needed a wild-card exemption just to get into the Roehampton qualifier, where 128 men were vying for 16 spots in Wimbledon’s main draw. Then, because of a rainout, Dent had to play three matches in three days, including a best-of-five on Thursday.

Such is life in the quallies, where the triple-digit guys knock heads. Some, like Dent, are former Top 30 players who’ve been hurt or in a slump and are clawing their way back up the international ladder. Others are forever-futures types, such as 253d-ranked Michael Yani, who play the ATP Challenger circuit hoping for a big-time breakout.

“There is nothing to describe how I feel,’’ the 28-year-old former Duke star said last week, after he’d knocked off 154th-ranked Prakash Amritraj to earn a main-draw date with Germany’s Simon Greul. “The closest I got to Wimbledon was when I drove past there the other day.’’

Qualified success
Once you’re through the gate, though, anything seems possible. There’s a significant list of qualifiers who’ve had magical runs at Wimbledon. John McEnroe made it to a Centre Court semifinal against Jimmy Connors in 1977. Boris Becker reached the third round in 1984 at 16 and Pat Rafter did it in 1993. In 1999, Alexandra Stevenson made it to the semis, Jelena Dokic to the quarters, and Kim Clijsters to the fourth round. And in 2000, Vladimir Voltchkov, ranked 237th, got to the semis before losing to Pete Sampras.

The way his season has been going, Dent sees no reason he can’t do some damage on a favorable surface during the next fortnight, even though he’s the lowest-ranked player in the draw. “If I hit my first serve and my forehand well, I’ll be a nightmare to play,’’ he said.

http://www.boston.com/sports/other_spor … wimbledon/

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#3 05-09-2009 20:02:35

jaccol55

Administrator

Match Of The Day
Taylor Dent and Ivan Navarro turned back the clock on Grandstand Friday evening as they put on a serve-and-volley feast for fans, who are accustomed to seeing baseline battles. The players combined to make around 250 net approaches, with both players successful more than 60 percent of the time. Dent had not previously seen the Spaniard play, but expected to face a baseliner. It was only after he got the heads up from former pro Justin Gimelstob that Navarro was a serve/volleyer than Dent firmed up a game plan.

Dent and Navarro also brought the heat on their first serves, with Dent firing the tournament’s fastest serve of 147 mph; Navarro got as high as 130 mph. One of Dent’s thunderbolts snapped the net strap, forcing a seven-minute delay to the match, which ultimately ticked over the four-hour mark. In a serving shootout, Navarro put an astonishing 81 percent of first serves into play; Dent made 71 percent of first serves. Dent fired 20 aces and topped 140 mph around 10 times during the match.

At the conclusion of the most exciting men’s match of the tournament to date, Dent rode the support of rowdy home fans to a 6-4, 5-7, 6-7(1), 7-5, 7-6(9) win after saving one match point in the tie-break. After shaking hands Dent grabbed the umpire’s microphone and screamed, “You guys are unbelievable. I love you!”

Dent, who is playing his first US Open since 2005, was told by doctors that his career was over after two back surgeries in 2006 and 2007. He underwent the surgeries to have a better quality of life, not to resurrect his career. Confided to bed for a year total after the two surgeries, he passed the time by reading up on religion and politics, by studying for his real estate licence and playing computer games. Two years ago he was at the US Open doing television commentary for the world feed and working for the official tournament web site.

Not only is Navarro an unusual character as a serve/volleying Spaniard, he has a quirky habit of changing racquets each game, using one racquet for serving and another for returning. In the fifth-set tie-break he kept a second racquet at the back of the court.

Video: Dent Talks About His Comeback

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … riday.aspx

#4 06-10-2009 21:01:30

szeva

User

Lubię patrzeć na jego grę która jest efektowna ale niestety nie efektywna, chociaż jego mecz z Navarro był cudowny

I LOVE TENNIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 18-11-2009 00:11:46

Serenity

User

16.11.2009r.

Ranking: 91 +14

Knoxville Ch:

1R  Scoville Jenkins (USA)    W 6-7(5), 6-4, 6-2
2R  Jamie Baker (GBR)         W 6-2, 7-5
QF  Kevin Anderson (RSA)    W 6-3, 7-5
SF  Ryan Sweeting (USA)      W 7-6(3), 7-5
W   Ilija Bozoljac (SRB)        W 6-3, 7-6(6)

#6 05-12-2009 19:16:15

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … wport.aspx

Dent Commits To 2010 Newport

NEWPORT, R.I., - Taylor Dent, a past champion who is always a popular player with the fans in Newport, has committed to competing in the 2010 Campbell's Hall of Fame Tennis Championships, which will be held July 5 - 11, 2010 at the International Tennis Hall of Fame in Newport, R.I. Tickets and holiday gift packages for the tournament are now available on www.tennisfame.com or via phone at 401-849-6053 or 866-914-FAME (3263).

To celebrate this first player commitment to the 2010 tournament field, fans who purchase $50 or more worth of tournament tickets now will also receive an autographed Taylor Dent photograph. To receive the photograph, patrons should enter the promo code TDENT2010 online or mention it over the phone. This offer is valid through December 31, 2009. Photographs will be provided while supplies last and this offer may not be combined with any other special offers.

Currently ranked No. 75 in the world, Dent made incredible strides in 2009, having started the season at No. 865 in the South African Airways 2009 ATP Rankings after being challenged with a recurring back problem in recent years. In the first week of the 2009 season, he won his first match since 2006 when he reached the second round at Brisbane. In March, he qualified for Indian Wells and advanced to the fourth round with victories over No. 20 Nicolas Almagro and No. 16 Tommy Robredo before losing to No. 2 Roger Federer. Dent entered the US Open as a wild card and posted wins over Spaniards Feliciano Lopez and Ivan Navarro in a fifth-set tie-break before losing to No. 2 Andy Murray in the third round.

"Taylor has made a remarkable comeback this year. We've enjoyed following his progress and we are pleased that he will return to the Campbell's Hall of Fame Tennis Championships to compete," said Mark Stenning, CEO of the International Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum. "We know that our fans always enjoy seeing Taylor on the court and we look forward to welcoming him back in July."

Dent is a four-time champion on the ATP World Tour, including his 2002 victory in Newport, when he defeated James Blake. Dent made history with the victory in Newport, making himself and his father, former Top 20 Australian player Phil Dent, the first father-son duo to win ATP World Tour titles in the Open Era.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#7 05-12-2009 20:12:37

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Sezon 2009 w liczbach

Ranking: 75
Tytuły: 0
Finały: 0
Bilans spotkań: 12-15
Zarobki:  $226,641

AO - 1 Runda
RG -
WM - 1 Runda
US - 3 Runda

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#8 07-12-2009 19:40:50

Yannick

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Tomic-Roddick

DUN I LOVE napisał:

W swojej karierze wygrał 5 turnieje ATP

a nie przypadkiem 4 ,widzę ze Taylor nie ma swojej gablotki więc warto mu ją zrobić,a może dołoży.. 5

1)   NEWPORT
http://www.repubblica.it/2009/05/rubriche/la-storia/dent-inferno-e-ritorno/este_05125609_56140.jpg
R1 Mario Ancic (CRO) 6-3, 6-4 
R2 Jeff Morrison (USA) 6-3, 6-4    
QF Alexander Popp (GER) 6-3, 6-2    
SF Robby Ginepri (USA)3-6, 6-3, 6-1    
F   James Blake (USA) 6-1, 4-6, 6-4

2)   MEMPHIS
http://images48.fotosik.pl/235/c7a810a315e72afbm.jpg
R1 Mark Philippoussis (AUS) 7-6(15), 6-1 
R2 Jan-Michael Gambill (USA) 7-6(8), 7-6(4)
QF Vladimir Voltchkov (BLR) 7-6(1), 6-2    
SF Vincent Spadea (USA) 6-2, 6-4    
F   Andy Roddick (USA) 6-1, 6-4

3)   BANGKOK
http://vietbao.vn/images/viet2/the-thao/20030777_images54096_Dent_ThailandOpen.jpg
R1 Wesley Moodie (RSA) 6-1, 6-4     
R2 Thierry Ascione (FRA)  6-1, 6-2
QF Nicolas Thomann (FRA) 6-3 RET    
SF Jarkko Nieminen (FIN) 7-6(3), 6-2
F  Juan Carlos Ferrero (ESP) 6-3, 7-6(5)

4)    MOSKWA
http://www.tribuneindia.com/2003/20031006/sp7.jpg
R1 Felix Mantilla (ESP) 6-2, 6-0     
R2 Olivier Rochus (BEL) 6-4, 2-6, 6-4    
QF Marc Rosset (SUI)     6-3, 6-4
SF Paul-Henri Mathieu (FRA) 6-3, 2-6, 7-6(1)    
F   Sargis Sargsian (ARM) 7-6(5), 6-4

#9 07-12-2009 20:00:51

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Faktycznie 4. Załóżmy, że przepowiadam przyszłość

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#10 27-01-2010 16:33:23

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Taylor został wczoraj Ojcem Urodził mu się syn

Kolejny Tatuś w ATP

Gratulacje !

#11 09-02-2010 20:19:33

Art

User

San Jose: pierwsze zwycięstwo w roli ojca

Taylor Dent odnotował swoje pierwsze turniejowe zwycięstwo w roli ojca, pokonując rodaka Alexa Bogomolova 6:4, 7:6(2) w pierwszej rundzie imprezy w San Jose. Po trudnym, trzysetowym spotkaniu awans do drugiej rundy przypadł w udziale również Tomasowi Berdychowi. Tommy Haas, który kilka dni temu otrzymał obywatelstwo amerykańskie, wygrał mecz pierwszej rundy gry podwójnej.

Taylor Dent jest od kilku lat mężem byłej profesjonalnej tenisistki amerykańskiej, Jennifer Hopkins. Małżonkowie zostali rodzicami dnia 26 stycznia, a ich synek otrzymał imię Duclan. Dent jest jednym z czterech kandydatów, którzy mają szansę zdobyć nagrodę za Powrót Roku w sezonie 2009. Przez ostatnie dwanaście miesięcy Amerykanin wspiął się bowiem o ponad osiemset pozycji w rankingu tenisowym. Niegdyś dwudziesty pierwszy gracz globu został wyeliminowany z rywalizacji przez kontuzję pleców na blisko trzy lata.

Impreza ta ma bardzo długie tradycje, sięgające jeszcze XIX wieku. Pierwsza edycja odbyła się w 1889 roku w Monterrey jako Mistrzostwa Wybrzeża Pacyfiku. Od roku 1894 tenisiści przyjeżdżali do San Rafael, następnie od 1992 do Berkeley, San Francisco, Albany i od 1994 rozgrywki toczą się w San Jose. Na liście zwycięzców znajdują się nazwiska największych gwiazd "białego sportu" - w latach 2004 i 2008 triumfowali zamiennie dwaj imiennicy: Amerykanin Andy Roddick i Brytyjczyk Andy Murray, przed rokiem najlepszy okazał się Radek Stepanek.

http://www.tenisklub.pl/?req=news&newsI … c6efa80cc8

#12 12-02-2010 12:43:32

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

At 28, A New Beginning For Taylor

After being told his career was over, Taylor Dent is making every day count as he continues a remarkable comeback.

The performance room at the IMG Academy seats about 120 athletes, and on this particular Tuesday evening, it is filled to capacity. The match on the big screen – though it featured Roger Federer – is to most observers a routine third-round contest at the Sony Ericsson Open in Miami. But the fact that American Taylor Dent is standing across the net from the Swiss maestro gives the match great significance.

"The room was slammed with all the up-and-coming kids cheering for him at the academy, male and female," said Trevor Moawad, the IMG Performance Institute Director. "Everyone was just so excited to watch Taylor play. Genuine happiness for him."

Though Dent would end up losing in straight sets to Federer, his third-round showing at the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tennis tournament was a victory in its own right, setting into motion a remarkable comeback season that saw the 28 year old surge more than 800 positions to No. 76 in the year-end South African Airways 2009 ATP Rankings.

"Everything would need to be retrained and re-hardened to tolerate the abuse again"

A return to the tennis court, let alone the Top 100, seemed unlikely for the former World No. 21 after a fractured vertebra and two resulting surgeries left him bed-ridden in a full body cast for nearly a year. Doctors had warned him to not undergo spinal fusion surgery, explaining it would essentially end his professional tennis career, but Dent was left with no other choice. "I had that surgery just for quality of life," said Dent, who fatigued easily from even menial housework.

He had accepted that his career was over but then received surprising news from the doctors in 2008. After seeing how well he had healed following his second surgery, they suggested Dent get back on the court and try playing again.

"How many people get second chances to pursue something they love, and something they're relatively good at? I jumped on," said Dent. "That was kind of the best day and the toughest day for me because I got back out on the court, and I saw how far I had come – backwards – with my year in bed, and the years away from tennis."

Graeme Lauriston, a therapist at IMG, said, "When I first saw him I was sceptical on how far we were actually going to get him, or how high a level we were going to get him on the court, but we kind of took it one day at a time and little step by little step."

They worked on manual therapy – hands-on soft tissue work, stretching and mobilisation – and on functional rehab, going through certain exercises that would wear out Dent. During the first month, Dent could handle no more than 10 minutes on the court. He endured frustrating spells when he felt he was making improvement, only to be set back by pain in his knees and arms, in addition to other niggling injuries caused by his long injury layoff. "Everything would need to be retrained and re-hardened to tolerate the abuse again," said Dent.

But armed with his characteristic optimism and determination, Dent began making steady progress, with time regaining the strength in his muscles and his endurance. When he graduated to practice matches on consecutive days, it proved a milestone. "I think that's when Taylor realised that his body could actually handle this," said Lauriston.

Dent tested his form in a handful of tournaments in 2008 before making his full comeback the following season. He got the year off on the right foot, winning his first tour-level match since 2006 at the circuit opener in Brisbane. But the two performances signaling his return came on home soil, at the Sony Ericsson Open in Miami and the US Open. He strung together five straight wins in Miami – qualifying into the main draw, and then upsetting Top 20 players Nicolas Almagro and Tommy Robredo before falling to Federer. Six months later, that effort would be eclipsed by his pulsating second-round match against Spaniard Ivan Navarro at Flushing Meadows.

"I still feel like I’m barely tapped into my potential. I feel like it's just the beginning for me"

For Dent, his performance at the US Open proved the highlight of the year. "It was almost a five-hour match, and I'd been working really hard on my fitness and it showed. I was hopping around to the bitter end on the court. I think it also highlighted my new-found mental toughness out on the court. I had chances to win that match in straight sets... But down two sets to one, and I was able to hang in there. That match brought about a lot of positives. It was something for me to build on for the rest of the year when I did well in the Challengers, and for next year in 2010."

The following week, the inspired Dent won the Challenger title in Tulsa without the loss of a set. He used further successes on the Challenger circuit to continue his rankings climb in the final month of the season, re-entering the Top 100 after winning in Knoxville and following that up with a runner-up effort in Champaign.

Reflecting on his season, Dent said: "It was filled with some ups and downs, but overall looking back at it, it was phenomenal. I'm out here competing with the best players in the world, and I still feel like I've barely tapped into my potential. I feel like it's just the beginning for me and I'm as motivated as I ever have been and I'm working as hard as I ever have… I think my consistency isn't quite there yet, but on my better days now I'm a much more well-rounded player than I was when I was [ranked] 21 in the world.”

Dent is intent on ranking inside the Top 50 as soon as possible to guarantee himself a spot in the main draws of ATP World Tour events, and has set goals within his own game to help him achieve that end, including improving the accuracy of his serve and his attacking forehand shots.

But above all, he has prioritised what he calls his "perspective and mental goals" for 2010. "My biggest goal is to keep looking at my game as a work in progress and make sure that the weakest parts of my game are improving, and I keep the strength up there," he said. "I feel like in the past, I've gotten in trouble with not improving because I've gotten too emotional with my game and made a couple excuses of why it didn't work that day. I really want to avoid that and stay as fact based as possible in this next year."

"I've gotten too emotional with my game and made excuses why it didn’t work that day. I really want to avoid that and stay as fact based as possible"

One factor sure to play in Dent's favour in 2010 is the belief in himself. While others may not have predicted his rapid ascent in the course of a season, Dent asserted, "I didn't think it was out of the realm of possibility at all. I knew exactly what needed to be done, and I was very disciplined in my training and my eating. It's always vindicating to see your plan pan out."

With the same fire that took him from a bed-ridden state a mere two years ago back to the Top 100 on the ATP World Tour, Dent's opponents can expect the 28-year-old American to be a dangerous force in the years to come.

"There's nobody he's competing against or very few people that have been to the places he's had to go through personally to come back from this injury," said Moawad. "I think that that's something that's going to bode well for him... What he's gone through and the structure he has in place right now, in my mind, makes him very tough to beat."

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/DEUCE- … -Dent.aspx

#13 22-07-2010 11:47:14

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Dent Aims Higher After Reaching Atlanta QFs

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/E24BBAAB886A4268A1DFE2F21CFC43F2.ashx

American Taylor Dent defeated fourth-seeded Argentine Horacio Zeballos 4-6, 6-2, 6-0 on Wednesday at the Atlanta Tennis Championships to reach his first ATP World Tour quarter-final since Tokyo in October 2005.

The former World No. 21, who returned to the Top 100 of the South African Airways ATP Rankings in 2009 after battling three years of back injuries, said after the match: “It’s been a long process and the process isn’t over.

“My goals are further down the road than the quarter-finals. It all revolves around improving my game. I’ve improved my baseline tennis and attacking tennis and it’s no surprise that results will follow. Hopefully quarter-finals will be a regular thing and then maybe some semis and finals will follow.”

He added: “It’s a good thing to string two good wins back to back. Don’t want to stop here. My sights are set high.”

Dent added nine double faults to the 13 he served in his first-round match Tuesday, but went five for six on his break point chances in the final two sets to secure the victory.

“Unfortunately double faults have always been a staple of my game,” said the 29 year old. “I’m trying to work on accuracy and any time you tinker you will have a difficult period… It’s not that I don’t know I’m hitting a low percentage or serving double faults. You can’t snap your fingers and make it happen.”

Dent will face the winner of the all-American second-round match between No. 6 seed Mardy Fish and Robby Ginepri.

Fellow American Michael Russell also advanced to the quarter-finals at the ATP World Tour 250 tournament as he recovered from a slow start to defeat German veteran Rainer Schuettler 1-6, 6-2, 7-5. The 89th-ranked Russell is through to his second tour-level quarter-final this season, having reached this stage in February at San Jose (l. to Querrey).

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … es-QF.aspx

#14 01-09-2010 12:54:43

Serenity

User

US Open 2010 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 1 rundzie

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. He had a big first round at Wimbledon.

TAYLOR DENT: Yeah.

Q. Happy to make sure he didn't have a big first round here.

TAYLOR DENT: Yeah, actually after I got up two sets, I was thinking, It would be ironic if I lost from two sets to love up on this guy and then you get one back. I actually thought, that, you know, for a while I was scratching my head. I was putting in some of my best serves and they were getting rifled back a foot from the baseline coming just as fast. I'm like, What am I doing here? I feel like I'm hitting good serves, and I'm not getting any reward from it whatsoever. But after I was able to hang in there, battle through, just be a little bit more picky with how I was serving, I felt like he lost a little bit of enthusiasm in that third set.

Q. Do you not want to get involved in baseline rallies? I know it's difficult to get in now with these balls and all of rest of it. What is your philosophy, get in as soon as you can?

TAYLOR DENT: For me, I talk with Jenny and my dad about this all the time. I would never coach anybody the way I feel like I should play. You know what I mean? Like I feel like I'm breaking all the rules out here. But my basic philosophy is this: you can't just come in on a whim these days. Guys are too good. So you have to come in off of something, off of something good to great. And I just feel like there's a couple of things, you know, that factor into that situation. One is the longer I stay at the baseline, you know, probably the percentages, my win percentage is going to go down. So That leaves me with, Okay, now I've got to be aggressive. You know, it just boils down to I'll play defense, I'm fine playing defense. But as soon as I get half a chance to take the offense, I'm going to give it a rip. I'm going to hit the back fence sometimes. That's fine. Over the course of my career, over the course of a match, I'd rather be grabbing opportunities to take offense than being neutral. Because ideally, I want to be finishing points with a high volley or coming in. I don't want to be playing low volleys or hitting inside out forehands from, you know, outside the alley. I weigh 40 to 50 more pounds than these guys out here. They're all like 160, you know. So it's just I don't want to do the moving. I want to do the attacking. I want to come in. I want to knock off volleys. That's it.

Q. How many times did you serve volley today, would you say?

TAYLOR DENT: Well, I always intend to serve volley a fair bit, especially off my first serve. But like I said, he was returning phenomenally. So I'm like, well, you know, I'd rather at least just give myself a chance to play the point here, because he was just hitting winners left and right. So I didn't end up serve volleying at all.

Q. I didn't see it at all.

TAYLOR DENT: Yeah. I did a few, but not a whole lot. I mean, my game plan changed after I saw how well he was returning to go heavy first serve, hopefully get a short ball, hit that, and come in. That was the game plan after I saw how well he was returning.

Q. Is that something you thought coming in you would have to do?

TAYLOR DENT: Every match. Every match.

Q. We were reminiscing about last year's epic. What is your health situation now?

TAYLOR DENT: As far as injuries go, 100%. You know, I don't feel anything that's worth talking about. As far as my fitness goes, God, I just wish I was over the hump. I feel like tennis doesn't give us as tennis players, we don't have an off season. So if you want to improve your game, get fitter, you have to do it while you're playing matches. And that's kind of what I'm doing now. I feel like I'm always on a tightrope of doing too much, doing too little. I just you know, that is what I'm struggling with right now more than anything.

Q. What is the difference between getting in shape playing matches and being in the gym?

TAYLOR DENT: Well, during matches, I mean, if I had it my way or, you know, if I was at the position that Federer was, it's all about feeling fresh, it's all about just making sure you're recovering well, and maintaining as best you can. But I have analyzed where I am. Maintaining's just not good enough for me. I need to jump up a level. So if I was in an off season, I wouldn't have to worry about feeling flat for Alejandro Falla. You know, I mean, who cares? I'm going out to play practice. I would just break my body down, break it down until I can't move, and then I'd recover. But out here it's like, Okay, I need to feel fresh for Falla, but I also need to get to that next level in fitness. That's where the balancing act begins.

Q. This is not in any way an accusation. Just curious. Mardy Fish drops that weight; does anything go through your mind? Is that not even an option?

TAYLOR DENT: I've tried -- because that's been -- I've heard that my whole career. You know, Taylor is too heavy. I have tried desperately to drop weight. I mean, it's just I'm a big guy. You know, the trainers that I've worked with, they all say my ideal playing weight, my ideal fitness level is 217 to 220 pounds. I mean, you know, I was 215 pounds right before -- you know, in 2005 before I was done, 215 pounds, and I was 6% body fat, just over 6% body fat. I mean, where am I going to lose more weight? When I was hurt and recovering from surgery, Jenny didn't want me to blow up, so she made me do those precooked meals. I'm eating a thousand calories a day. I did that for almost a year and I did no exercise, so I've lost all my muscle tone. I'm eating a thousand calories a day. I have no fat on me, and I weigh 195 pounds. So I've kind of given up in a sense to say, Okay, I'm not going to weigh 180 pounds; I'm not going to weigh 175 pounds; I'm not going to be like these guys. So I just have to be stronger, I have to be more physical on the court, and I have to bully them around, you know.

Q. What was the most desperate measure you've ever taken to lose weight?

TAYLOR DENT: The most desperate measure (laughter)? There's a nutritionist I work with down at Bollettieri's, and it's always an experiment. We're always trying to do the balancing act. The bottom line is, if you cut out too many calories, you can't work out. You need to get fitter by working out, and you need to improve my game by working out. So if I'm eating a thousand calories a day, who cares? My forehand's going to suck, my serve is going to suck, so who cares? But the most desperate measure, I said any carb I get is going to be from a vegetable. I lasted three days. I was like this on the court. I couldn't do anything. I walked into the lady, and she said, What are you doing? I said, I'm not having any carbs. I'm trying to do it through broccoli. She just started laughing. She's like, There's no energy in those things.

Q. You have Soderling next. What is your head to head?

TAYLOR DENT: Head to head? The way he beat me at the French could have counted for two, but I think he's got one on me. I think that's all we've played. But I don't know. I'm horrible at that stuff.

Q. When you're going against Soderling, you really made some advances. What is your thought about him? Do you scout him? Do you do anything? Do you just do your thing?

TAYLOR DENT: My thought about him is he's a great player. He's solid. There's not really a lot of holes in his game right now. There used to be the errant ball two or three times in the back fence. That doesn't happen anymore. He's solid. It's something I always tell Jenny and my dad when we're talking about scouting guys. The reality of the matter is I'm not good enough to worry about the other guy. That's the reality of the matter. I don't feel like I'm reliable enough in my game to sacrifice just thinking about my execution out there, what I have to do to play and impose my game. I'm fortunate, because if I do execute my game, there's not a whole lot guys can do in the first place. But, you know, as soon as I get better, more reliable out on the court to where I feel very confident with what I'm doing and how I'm doing it, then I'll start to maybe pick apart guy's games. To be honest, I'm just not at that level right now.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interv … 51926.html

#15 08-11-2010 19:05:55

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Taylor Dent zakończył karierę

Taylor Dent announces retirement from pro tennis

Taylor Dent, who has battled back problems for the past five years, has retired from tennis. The 29-year-old American won four titles in his career, the last coming in 2003, and reached a career-high of No. 21 in the world rankings.

"I had the privilege to compete at the highest level for 12 years, see places in the world I would have never been able to see without tennis, and meet people along the way that have become lifelong friends," said Dent. "I am looking forward to spending more time with my family, especially with my wife Jenny and our son Declan. I want to continue to stay active in the tennis industry and I am excited to explore opportunities in the world of tennis that my full tournament schedule never allowed me to do."

http://www.tennis.com/articles/template … 4&zoneid=6

Szkoda Jeden z moich ulubionych tenisistów, wiadomo było że już nic wielkiego nie osiągnie, ale zawsze miło się patrzyło na jego grę...

No cóż... Powodzenia w poza tenisowym życiu Taylor

#16 08-11-2010 19:12:08

jaccol55

Administrator

Słuszna decyzja. Tenisowo nie wyglądał najlepiej ostatnimi czasy. Miejmy nadzieję, że jego życie poza tenisowe będzie dla niego bardziej szczęśliwe.

#17 08-11-2010 19:17:09

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Zgadzam się z przedmówcami. Jego gra ostatnimi czasy wyglądała coraz gorzej. Zważywszy na to, jak i na historię jego zdrowia to bardzo słuszna decyzja.

Wszystkiego dobrego Taylor!

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#18 08-11-2010 20:14:28

COA

Last hit for Wimby

No szkoda wielka, zawsze bardzo go lubiłem.

Przynajmniej nie pobije rekordu Roda...

MTT GOAT (2xWimbledon, US Open, 7 innych, w tym Miami i Queens)

Come on Andy!

#19 09-11-2010 13:11:54

Sempere

User

Dent, koniec kariery tenisisty-reliktu epoki serw&wolej

Pozostało ich niewielu, a najsłynniejszym pozostaje 31-letni Radek Štěpánek. Grono tenisistów stosujących taktykę serw&wolej kurczy się po ogłoszeniu zakończenia kariery przez Taylora Denta.

Przez całe sportowe życie Dent zmagał się z ciężarem sławy swojego ojca, Australijczyka Phila Denta, finalisty Australian Open 1974. Tenis był mu pisany: matka, Amerykanka Betty Ann, była w czołowej dziesiątce rankingu, osiągnęła deblowy finał US Open. Zawodowo na korcie grali także jego przyrodni brat oraz ojciec chrzestny.

29-letni Dent, triumfator czterech turniejów ATP World Tour (trzech w 2003 roku), jest poza wszystkim kuzynem Misty May, najsłynniejszej siatkarki plażowej świata. Najważniejszą kobietą w jego życiu została Jennifer Hopkins, także ex profesjonalna tenisistka, którą poślubił w 2006 roku. Ich syn urodził się w styczniu tego roku.

Często z wyraźną nadwagą, Kalifornijczyk Dent robi na korcie różnicę potężnym serwisem. Zanim pojawili się jego młodsi rodacy Andy Roddick, John Isner czy Sam Querrey, to Taylor był amerykańskim postrachem odbierających. Jeszcze w tym roku, wciąż zmagając się z kontuzją pleców, ustanowił dwa rekordy turniejowe: najszybszy serwis w Roland Garros (240 km/h) i Wimbledonie (238 km/h).

W poniedziałkowym notowaniu rankingu ATP jest 85.; najwyżej był 21. (2005).

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2010/ … serwwolej/

#20 07-12-2010 18:10:05

Serenity

User

Stopka forum

RSS