• Polecamy: Moda

Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#41 11-05-2009 11:23:36

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Re: Andy Murray

11.05.2009 - Andy Murray #3 światowego tenisa. W dzisiejszym notowaniu rankingu ATP wyprzedził Serba Novaka Djokovicia, który zajmował tę pozycję nieprzerwanie przez ponad 1,5 roku.

http://thetennistimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/andy-murray-interview.jpg

Andy, Gratulacje

Murray za 4 dni skończy 22 lata, miły prezent na urodziny sobie sprawił

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#42 11-05-2009 16:21:58

Kubecki

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Novak Djokovic

Brawo Andy Mam jednak nadzieję, że Novak po Wimbledonie wróci na nr 3

#43 11-05-2009 16:25:06

Nula

User

Graty Andy
Ale lepiej niech na trzeciej pozycji zatrzyma

He can beat half the guys with his eyes closed!  John McEnroe about Roger Federer

#44 16-05-2009 10:56:09

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Spóźnione Wszystkiego Najlepszego Andy

15-05-2009 - Wczoraj Andy Murray skończył 22 lata. Pozwolę sobie na przedstawienie Jego osiągnięć w tymże wieku (dniu):

Ranking: 3 (najwyżej w karierze)
Wygrane turnieje: 11
Przegrane Finały: 6
Turnieje WS: 0/1
Mastersy: 3/1
Zarobki: $7,216,716

Niezłe wyniki, ale jak się okaże za tydzień, jego najgroźniejszy rówieśnik bije go w osiągnięciach na głowę.

Wszystkiego Dobrego Andy.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#45 14-06-2009 17:57:17

Fed-Expresso

Masta

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafael "The Slice King" Nadal

#12 Queens Club

http://www.aegonchampionships.com/1/news/assets/news/09murray_sun_home2.jpg

R56 Bye
R32 A.Seppi(ITA)                6/1 6/4
R16 G.Garcia-Lopez(ESP)    6/4 6/4
QF  M.Fish(USA)            7/5 6/3
SF  J.C.Ferrero(ESP)        6/2 6/4
W   J.Blake(USA)                7/5 6/4   

Graty Andy

Ostatnio edytowany przez Fed-Expresso (14-06-2009 17:58:03)

#46 16-06-2009 12:23:19

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Andy Murray evokes spirit of Fred Perry as Wimbledon campaign begins

In the centenary year of the birth of Fred Perry, Andy Murray, the world No 3, unveils the kit he will wear at Wimbledon

The Union Jacks have been dusted off and the face paint bought, all ready for the big day. With Wimbledon less than a week away, Britain is preparing for its annual fortnight of hope, anticipation and shattered dreams — or could this year be different?

It may be tweaking the nose of fate to suggest that a British man can win Wimbledon for the first time since Fred Perry in 1936, but Andy Murray raised expectations by appearing yesterday in a monogrammed cable-knit jumper of the kind worn by Perry, proclaiming that he feels ready to step into the champion’s shoes.

The jumper is part of a top-to-toe outfit designed by the Fred Perry sportswear company to mark the centenary of the former champion’s birth and the first credible Wimbledon challenge by Murray. There are also shorts — shorter than shorts have been for many a year — collared shirts and a bag, all bearing the Fred Perry laurel wreath that has been the company’s logo since 1952, and Murray’s initials.

Celebrity friends of Perry, such as John F. Kennedy and Groucho Marx, were also given monogrammed Perry apparel but the company has not issued shirts with initials since the mid-1970s. While former Wimbledon champions, such as John Newcombe, Arthur Ashe and Billie Jean King, wore Fred Perry on Centre Court, the company has been a fading presence among the leading players. Instead, it has been a fashion choice for urban subculture groups such as mods and skinheads. The company hopes Murray can help it to regain a toehold in the sportswear market.
Times Archive, 1934: Perry the new champion

A fine career was crowned on the Centre Court at Wimbledon yesterday when F. J. Perry became virtually the champion of the world

Murray and his brother Jamie, a former mixed-doubles champion, will wear the kit exclusively this year although replicas will be available. A standard Perry polo shirt sells for £45; the centenary special is £60.

As the world No 3, Murray is the highest-ranked British man to enter Wimbledon since the last of Perry’s three wins (even “Tiger” Tim Henman got no higher than No 4). “I am proud to be wearing an outfit inspired one of my sporting heroes,” Murray said. “I hope one day to follow in Fred Perry’s footsteps and repeat his success.”

Perry once said: “Bloody-mindedness was one of my specialities.” Some would argue that the same is true of Murray, which is why he may have a chance of becoming the champion.

As a smoker, Perry originally wanted to use a pipe as the company’s logo but Tibby Wegner, his manager, said he “didn’t think the girls would go for it” so Perry agreed to go with the Wimbledon laurel wreath instead.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ … 504583.ece

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brytyjczycy rozpoczynają "Murray manię"

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#47 25-06-2009 18:06:36

Lena

flower power

Ulubiony zawodnik: Marat Safin

Wimbledon - Royal approval for Murray

Queen Elizabeth sent a message of congratulations to Britain's Andy Murray for winning the Queen's tournament and she just happens to have no official engagements on the day of next week's Wimbledon final.

The monarch last visited Wimbledon in 1977 to present the trophy to Virginia Wade after the Briton won the women's singles title in the Queen's Jubilee year.

Buckingham Palace confirmed that Queen Elizabeth sent a message to Murray congratulating him earlier this month for becoming the first Briton to win the Queen's grass court tournament in London since Bunny Austin in 1938.

On his twitter feed, the 22-year-old Scotsman said: "Got a nice letter from the Queen saying well done for winning Queen's. Put it in its own pile away from the bills."

Officials said Queen Elizabeth had no official engagements on July 5, the date of the men's final, but declined to comment on whether she might attend.

Murray is bidding to become the first British player since Fred Perry in 1936 to land the men's Wimbledon singles title.
Reuters

www.eurosport.yahoo.com

Ostatnio edytowany przez Lena (25-06-2009 18:07:19)

No matter what happens in 2009, Marat Safin has already cemented himself
as one of the most exciting - if under performing - champions in recent memory.

s: Sydney, Cincinnati '09; d: AO, Londyn '09 - with Syd
s: Johannesburg, Los Angeles '10; d: AO, RG '10 - with Rob

#48 02-07-2009 10:00:12

Robertinho

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer forever

Lena napisał:

Taaa a po np meczu 4 rundy wyśle mu w prezencie swoją ulubioną filiżanke do herbaty

Na finał ma się osobiście pofatygować.

Ostatnio edytowany przez Robertinho (02-07-2009 10:05:47)

#49 05-07-2009 21:55:01

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Wimbledon - Stefanki: Murray must change tactics

Andy Murray must ditch his defensive approach if he is to reach the top of the game, according to Larry Stefanki, the coach who helped mastermind Andy Roddick's semi-final defeat of the Briton at Wimbledon.

More StoriesJamie follows Andy out of Wimbledon
Murray: I'll come back stronger
Murray's brilliant movement and counterpunching style have lifted him to third in the world and to last year's U.S. Open final, but Stefanki said more aggression and offensive tactics were required to take him to the next level in the game.

"His record is great and he is a very strong-minded kid, and I like that, but he needs to recognise when to play offence," the 51-year-old, a former coach to John McEnroe, Marcelo Rios and Tim Henman, told Radio Wimbledon.

"Besides Roger Federer he is the best mover in the game. He has the best footwork and he is technically very sound. He has to change his mentality of the way he wants to play this game at the very top level."

Murray was strongly favoured to beat big-serving Roddick in their semi-final at the All England Club, but the American attacked the Scot's second serve and ran out a winner in four sets.

"I think the difference was that Murray's second serve was very attackable. That was the plan, to move in and club some second-serve returns," Stefanki, who has been coaching Roddick since December, said.

"He is going to have a great future if he gets to the point of recognising balls to attack and to come into the forecourt and play there rather than 15 feet behind the baseline."

Stefanki turned down the chance to coach Murray three years ago, but still believes the 22-year-old can be a big player in the majors.

"I like Andy Murray a lot and I respect his game. He plays it very smart but I still believe the game is played in the forecourt and at the net in order to win some big titles.

"He will win some big titles. He will win a lot of Slams, he is that good a mover."

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/05072009/58/ … ctics.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#50 16-07-2009 16:27:24

Sydney

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Gaston Gaudio

Z cyklu ośmiu wspanialych , czyli najbardziej barwni tenisisći świata

Andy Murray (nr 4)
Na korcie jest zimny jak szkocka whisky single malt z lodem. Być może to wynik traumatycznych przeżyć z dzieciństwa. 13 czerwca 1996 r. do szkoły w Dunblane, gdzie uczył się dziewięcioletni Murray, wszedł bezrobotny Thomas Watt Hamilton i zastrzelił 16 dzieci, nauczyciela i w końcu siebie. Mały Andy skrył się pod ławką. Do ścisłej elity ATP Szkot dostał się dzięki najsłynniejszemu tenisowemu coachowi – Bradowi Gilbertowi. Jego związek wydał na niespełna roczną pensję trenera pół miliona funtów. Murray był jednak niezadowolony z tej współpracy. Doszło do kłótni, podczas której miał powiedzieć swojemu coachowi: „Nic mi nie dajesz!". Morał z tej historii potwierdzają słowa Andre Agassiego, który napisał: „Wielkość trenera objawia się tym, że potrafi doprowadzić zawodnika do takiego momentu, w którym gracz już więcej go nie potrzebuje. Gilbert jest takim trenerem”.

wprost.pl

Ostatnio edytowany przez Alvaro (16-07-2009 16:28:06)

Janko Tipsarevic ~~ Marcos Baghdatis ~~ Philipp Kohlschreiber
~~Nicolas Almagro~~Jeremy Chardy~~Gaston Gaudio~~Dmitry Tursunow~~Eduardo Schwank~~

#51 28-07-2009 21:27:29

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Murray Will Come Back Strong Next Year, says Borg

Five-time Wimbledon Champion Bjorn Borg has spoken out in praise of Andy Murray this week, predicting that the British Number One will be one of the main contenders for the title at the All England Club in 2010, and will ultimately top the World Rankings.

“I believe he is going to come back to Wimbledon next year and be even more ready,” said Borg, who is set to play at the ATP Champions Tour event in Chengdu this November alongside his longstanding rival and fellow Wimbledon Champion, John McEnroe. Borg admitted that Murray had been his pick to win the title before the 2009 Championships began, and that despite his surprise loss to Andy Roddick at the semi final stage, he still believes the Scot had a successful tournament considering the strain he was under throughout the fortnight.

“Before Wimbledon this year I had picked Murray to win,” he said. “That match against Roddick could have gone either way so he was a little bit unlucky there and I actually thought he played a great Wimbledon with all the pressure he had.”

With Murray currently at Number Three in the World, Borg even believes that the 22-year-old may already be the holder of a Grand Slam title by June 2010.

“He’s a definite player that can win Grand Slam tournaments and if he’s not going to do it this year I think he has a very good chance next year to win Grand Slam titles. He’s going to be up there fighting with (Rafael) Nadal and (Roger) Federer from now on and one day I think he might be the number one player in the World.”

http://www.atpchampionstour.com/news24.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#52 08-08-2009 19:29:47

Kubecki

User

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis … ction.html

Andy Murray fighting fit as tennis returns to action
The post-Wimbledon lull has not been much of a lull at all, with a summer of cocaine, groupies, babies, knee injuries and driving tests.

Then there was the news that writer James Lever, who is on the Man Booker Prize long-list for Me Cheeta, a spoof Hollywood memoir by a chimp, has been working on a novella about Bjorn Borg’s mental state after taking early retirement, which will be “rather like Ulysses, with the story of his sexual life compressed into an afternoon”.

Tennis has gone all soap-opera on us.The coming days, though, should see most leading players hitting tennis balls in public again. A number return to the match courts next week, with Andy Murray back from a mid-season break to play on the cement of Montreal.

It will be his first professional tennis since he lost to Andy Roddick in the Wimbledon semi-finals five weeks ago. But Murray is unlikely to excite the wider tennis world as much as the appearance of Richard Gasquet.

On Thursday, the International Tennis Federation appealed against the ruling by an independent anti-doping tribunal that allowed Gasquet, who tested positive for cocaine at a tournament in Miami in March, to return to the tour.

The tribunal panel of three lawyers concluded last month that “it is more likely than not” that the cocaine entered Gasquet’s system when he kissed “a girl called Pamela” in a nightclub the night before, after accepting his evidence that he had kissed 'Pamela’ at least seven times that evening.

The tribunal ruled that, because of those French kisses, Gasquet had inadvertently consumed no more than “a grain of salt” of cocaine. Gasquet could have been suspended from tennis for two years, but he was instead given a ban of two and a half months.

The ITF have confirmed that, “jointly with the World Anti-Doping Agency”, they have appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport over the tribunal’s decision.

Gasquet’s tennis life could also be complicated by legal action from 'Pamela’. A lawyer claiming to represent 'Pamela’ has been quoted as saying that Gasquet defamed her with his evidence at the hearing.

“My client has been dragged through the mud,” the lawyer has been quoted as saying. “She has become an alibi.”

Back in Montreal, the Association of Tennis Professionals expect Roger Federer to compete in the Canadian tournament, a Masters-level event, even though he became a father of two just a couple of weeks ago when the Wimbledon champion and world No 1’s wife, Mirka, gave birth to twin girls.

It was always Murray’s intention to have a month or so off, but he has not been idle. The world No 3 has passed his driving test – “so stay off the road, guys” – he played for the North of Scotland at a county competition in Eastbourne, and has spent the past fortnight at a mid-season training camp in Miami with his regular coach, Miles Maclagan, and coaching consultant Alex Corretja.

This has been an opportunity to top up his fitness levels, knowing that this summer’s tournaments in North America will be key to Murray’s year – and he has plenty of ranking points to defend.

Last summer he reached the semi-finals of the Masters event in Canada, which was played in Toronto, won his first career Masters title by beating Novak Djokovic in the Cincinnati final, and then appeared in his first grand slam final, finishing as US Open runner-up to Federer.

Come September in New York, Murray could become the first British man to win a grand slam singles title since Fred Perry was the 1936 US Open champion – yes, even on the other side of the Atlantic, Murray won’t be able to get away from talk of Perry, 1936 and all that.

#53 11-08-2009 10:58:22

COA

Last hit for Wimby

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/ … 69/1/.html

Tennis: Murray ready to challenge for number two ranking

MONTREAL : Scotsman Andy Murray is prepared to challenge Rafael Nadal's world number two ranking, but it will take particular circumstances for the third seed to see his dream come true.

Murray pondered the possibilities Sunday at the ATP Montreal Masters, where he opens after a bye against either Taiwan's Lu Yen-Hsun or Frenchman Jeremy Chardy.

Should holder Nadal - testing his knee tendinitis after two and a half months out of the game - fail to win more than a round or two, a Murray semi-final showing could send the 22-year-old Briton to the highest ranking of his career ahead of his title defence at the Cincinnati Masters the following week.

"My (2008 Canadian semi-final) points have dropped off the computer," said Murray, returning to the game after five weeks off following Wimbledon.

"I only have my US Open points to defend."

Murray, who lost to Roger Federer in last year's US Open final, has not allowed the possibilities to affect his game.

"It really doesn't feel any different to me but I'm in a good position to challenge for the number two ranking," he said.

"I'll have to play well. I have a tricky draw but I would love to get the ranking. There is still a lot of tennis to be played before I could get there.

Murray also warned: "If you get caught up in the rankings, you start to lose matches and start hoping that other guys lose.

"If I win my own matches, the rankings will take care of themselves."

MTT GOAT (2xWimbledon, US Open, 7 innych, w tym Miami i Queens)

Come on Andy!

#54 17-08-2009 00:04:52

Art

User

#13) Montreal 2009

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/2F33465F19154B7BB814586A06745BC5.ashx

R64 BYE
R32 Chardy 64 62
R16 Ferrero 61 63
1/4 Davydenko 62 64
1/2 Tsonga 64 76
F    Del Potro 67 76 61

#55 17-08-2009 08:19:08

Fed-Expresso

Masta

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafael "The Slice King" Nadal

17.08.2009 Andy Murray zostaje wiceliderem światowego rankingu. Zastąpił on na tej pozycji Rafaela Nadala.

#56 17-08-2009 10:10:39

Kubecki

User

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/2F33465F19154B7BB814586A06745BC5.ashx

Andy Murray to pierwszy brytyjski zwycięzca Rogers Cup w historii

Ostatnio edytowany przez Kubecki (17-08-2009 10:10:51)

#57 22-08-2009 01:16:12

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

21.08.2009 - Andy Murray zakwalifikował się do ATP World Tour Finals w Londynie.

Murray eyes fight for number one spot

Briton Andy Murray believes November's end-of-season World Tour Finals in London could become a straight fight for the world number one spot.
Andy Murray, from Great Britain, hits a backhand against Nicolas Almagro, from Spain, at the Cincinnati Masters AP - 0

Murray, who has now been confirmed by the ATP as a qualifier for the event featuring the world's top eight players, rose to number two in the rankings on Monday after claiming his fifth title of the year at the Masters event in Montreal.

World number one Roger Federer, aiming for a sixth consecutive US Open title later this month, and Spain's Rafael Nadal, ranked third in the world, have already qualified for tour finale which is being held in London for the first time.

"I think there could be a battle to be number one in the world," Murray, who could face Federer in the semi-finals of the Cincinnati Masters this week, said.

"That's what everybody hopes for. This year the Tour is very tough and it's tight at the top.

Hopefully that's what we'll get to see. It's great to qualify. Obviously with it being in the UK this year, it's big for me."

Murray's victory over Argentina's Juan Martin del Potro in the Montreal final meant that he ended Swiss Federer and Nadal's four-year domination of the top two places in the rankings.

Federer, winner of the French Open and Wimbledon this year, leads the rankings with 11,040 points to Murray's 9,250 with Nadal, who has just returned from a knee injury, on 8,665.

An early defeat for Federer at Flushing Meadows, and a long run for Murray, could see his top spot come under threat from the in-form Scot.
Reuters

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#58 28-08-2009 16:35:06

jaccol55

Administrator

#59 29-08-2009 16:53:49

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

US Open - Murray: I can win at Flushing Meadows

Briton Andy Murray has been building momentum all year and hopes he can cap it off by winning his first Grand Slam title at the US Open.

"I believe that if I play well, I can obviously win the tournament," world number two Murray, last year's runner-up to Roger Federer, said.

"You need to be able to last physically and I think I am able to do that now. Coming into this US Open, it's probably the best I've felt."

Murray said fitness was a top priority for him and that he was pleased with his training. The Scotsman has added former Spanish professional Alex Corretja to his support team headed by coach Miles Maclagan - and the move has already paid dividends.

Having spent several weeks after Wimbledon undergoing intensive training in Miami, the Briton marked his return to the tour by triumphing at the Montreal Masters earlier this month and reaching the last four in Cincinnati.

Aiming to become the first Briton since Fred Perry in 1936 to win a Grand Slam tournament, Murray was in New York to show off his new Fred Perry tennis kit for the championships which begin on Monday at Flushing Meadows.

Despite carrying the hopes of British fans starved for success, Murray said he did not feel outside pressure to end the drought in the Slams.

"I put a lot of pressure on myself to do it," he said. "At 22, I feel like I've achieved quite a lot for my age.

"I got to my highest ranking at two, won a lot of the second tier tournaments.

"This year I equalled my best result in Australia (last 16), did two rounds better than I ever did at the French (quarter-finals) and got further than I have done at Wimbledon (semi-finals).

"So now the Slam is the last thing I need to do. I believe that I can do it."

Murray, who has won five titles this year, looked over the skyscrapers framing the roof-top court in midtown where he had just enjoyed a hit-up, and spoke about his affection for the Big Apple and the season's final Grand Slam.

"That's what I love about the US Open, the atmosphere," said Murray, who won the US Open junior title in 2004.

"The tennis is great. It's very different from the other Slams, the night sessions and the centre court - I think it's the best court in tennis. It's massive."

Murray said he felt right at home on the fast hardcourts in New York and took away positive memories from the 2008 Open. "Last year, it was great," he said, despite some unlucky scheduling and rain that interrupted his semi-final against Rafael Nadal.

"It was the first time I played in a Slam final.

"I love it, I've loved playing there since I was young. I really enjoy New York City. There's so much energy there. Hopefully, I'll play well."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/26082009/ … adows.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#60 29-08-2009 19:25:26

Serenity

User

Who are Team Murray?

When Andy Murray split with Brad Gilbert at the back end of 2007, his decision to assemble a team of little-known coaches was greeted with a mixture of surprise and criticism.

But less than two years down the line and the move could hardly have paid off more handsomely.

Murray is up to number two in the world, has won 13 tour titles and, having become the first British man since Tim Henman in 2002 to reach the Wimbledon semi-finals, goes into the US Open as many an expert's tip to triumph.

And the 22-year-old Scot credits much of his recent success to the the influence of Miles Maclagan, Matt Little, Jez Green and Andy Ireland.

Ross Hutchins - Britain's number one doubles player and Murray's best friend - gave BBC Sport the lowdown on Team Murray.

"Andy knows exactly what he wants and he won't let anything stop him"- Hutchins on Murray

MILES MACLAGAN - tennis coach

Background: Born in Zambia to Scottish parents, Maclagan grew up in Zimbabwe but left in 1988 to pursue tennis in the UK. He reached number 172 in the world in singles and 200 in doubles. Took Boris Becker to five sets at Wimbledon 1999. Maclagan featured in three Davis Cup ties for Great Britain, making his debut against Slovakia in 1995 and came out of retirement to partner Tim Henman to victory against Thailand in 2002. Coached Wayne Black and Kevin Ulyett to the Australian Open doubles title in 2005.

Responsibilities: Maclagan is essentially charged with ensuring Murray fulfils his potential on the court. He arranges practice sessions, organises Murray's schedules and deals with all logistical arrangements. The pair discuss and analyse matches together and hit together on the practice courts.

Hutchins on Maclagan:

"Miles is a superb coach - very disciplined, very organised and a genuinely good guy whose intensity is hugely impressive. He's a coach who believes in repetition, who wants people to learn the basics well and then build from there. Miles has helped Andy enormously and, although he is the only member of the team who is with him all the time, they get on great. On top of that, he hits the ball unbelievably himself which makes him the ideal practice partner. He doesn't say as much as the other guys but he definitely gets stuck in with the banter."

MATT LITTLE - strength and conditioning coach

Background: BTEC Diploma in Leisure Management followed by BSc Degree in Leisure Management. Gained fitness instructor qualification while working at a local tennis centre. Worked as Lawn Tennis Association's strength and conditioning coach for 12-16-year-olds.

Responsibilities: To oversee the British number one's fitness training. Two of Little's key roles are working on injury prevention and Murray's stretching routines. He'll give Murray massages and ensure he follows a strict recovery routine - which usually involves the dreaded ice bath - after practice and matches. Nutrition also comes under Little's remit. Murray aims to eat 6,000 calories a day during the season - ensured through six meals a day. He eats a mixture of lean proteins and complex carbohydrates, while processed food and sugar are banned. Murray does not drink alcohol and takes in at least six litres of water a day.

Hutchins on Little:

"Treacle is the joker in the pack. He's the bubbly guy who's constantly making jokes and providing the most laughter. Things are always very lighthearted when he's around and that keeps a smile on on everyone's face. That said, he's also an extremely good fitness trainer so it's crucial to have him around for both reasons." 

JEZ GREEN - physical conditioner

Background: Sports science degree and various LTA coaching awards. Started off professionally in 1997 as assistant coach and fitness trainer to the LTA training squad headed by Dave Sammel in Manchester. Became the LTA's senior national trainer a year later and then assumed freelance role training players in Miami and the UK in 2002. Appointed head conditioner at LTA academy in Leeds in 2004 and has worked individually with a host of top players from all over the world. Was in charge of physical conditioning at the Monte Carlo Tennis Academy and also involved with MCTA group.

Responsibilities: Green is the mastermind behind Murray's infamous fitness programme. Outside of competition time it involves a month-long boot camp in tropical temperatures where Murray embarks upon gruelling cardiovascular and weight training regimes. Murray also undertakes 90-minute Bikram yoga sessions in 40 degree heat. During the season it is all about gym sessions and on-court practice. Green and Little work together in a bid to turn Murray into the fittest tennis player on earth.

Hutchins on Green:

"Jez is probably the most serious in the group. He's tough, works people hard and when something needs to get done fitness-wise he's onto people to make sure it happens. Jez and Miles are pretty similar. They're pretty disciplined and very determined. Jez gets very involved in all the banter and the forfeits but he's probably the quietest out of everyone. He's a superb fitness trainer with a lot of knowledge and background."

ANDY IRELAND - physiotherapist

Background: Graduated from Teesside University in 1993 with a BSc distinction in Physiotherapy. Worked in the NHS for the next seven years and has worked for Surrey Physio since its formation in May 2000. Provided resident physio cover for the Sutton Junior Tennis Academy, international tennis tournaments in the UK including Wimbledon, the LTA and Queen's Club. Now member of the Manipulative Association of Chartered Physiotherapists and when not travelling with Team Murray, works at National Tennis Centre in Roehampton.

Responsibilities: Ireland works with Little and Green to maximise Murray's physical performance. With top-level tennis players putting their bodies under huge strain they can develop muscle imbalances, inflexibilities and weaknesses. By correcting these underlying problems, Ireland helps Murray to remain as injury-free as is possible. When injuries do occur it is Ireland's role to minimise Murray's recovery time and maximise his healing rates. Recovery techniques following a match or a training session are an integral part of his work. His nickname - Needles - stems from his acupuncture skills.

Hutchins on Ireland:

"Andy Ireland is the greatest physio in the world bar none. He has an unbelievable understanding of Andy's body. He is so relaxed and a joy to be around. He'll never say a bad word about anyone - you won't find a nicer guy."

And finally...

Hutchins on Murray: "I've know Andy since our junior days, when we played together for Great Britain in the Winter Cup, and we've been close ever since. He's always been a feisty kind of guy - a fighter who hates to lose. Even at a young age it was always clear he was dying to be the best tennis player in the world. He wanted that and he wouldn't let anything get in his way. He knows exactly what he wants and he won't let anything stop him. He wants to be number one in the world, he wants to be a Grand Slam champion and he will get there.
"But away from the court Andy is very relaxed and loves to mess around. His life is all about competition and, unfortunately for me, he is very good at most things he does. At table football he crushes me, at pool we're pretty similar and at computer games, especially Mario Kart on the Wii, he usually wins.

"People have criticised his demeanour but it's totally up to Andy how he wants to act in a press room or on the court. Not everyone may see it but he's a really lighthearted guy who enjoys life and is very, very happy. If he's winning matches and playing for his country then why should he care about whether he's smiling or not?"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/8131310.stm

Ostatnio edytowany przez Jacuszyn (29-08-2009 20:43:23)

Stopka forum

RSS