mtenis.pun.pl - forum fanów tenisa ATP

Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#1 27-06-2009 18:14:11

PanEliot

User

Mats Wilander

http://www.thetoptensite.com/sitebuilder/images/wilander-210x250.jpg

Mats Wilander urodził się 22 sierpnia 1964 w mieście Växjö. Czołowy zawodnik świata w drugiej połowie lat 80., zwycięzca 33 turniejów w grze pojedynczej, w tym siedmiu wielkoszlemowych. Jest uznawany za jednego z najsłynniejszych szweckich tenisistów jak i na świecie. Wygrywał na kortach Rolanda Garrosa w 1985 i 1988, a w 1983 i 1987 dochodził do finału. Trzykrotnie triumfował w Australian Open (1983, 1984 - turnieje rozgrywane w grudniu; 1988), 1985 (grudzień) przegrał w finale; 1984 grał także w przegranym finale debla. Ma na koncie jedno zwycięstwo w US Open (1988) i po jednym przegranym finale singla (1987) i debla (1985).
Gra praworęcznego Wilandera (oburęczny bekhend) była zrównoważona, oparta na precyzji i dokładności zagrań; był mistrzem passing-shota.
Na początku XXI wieku Wilander pracował m.in. jako trener Marata Safina. Bierze także aktywny udział w rozgrywkach weteranów, odnosząc kolejne sukcesy.

PAŃSTWO: Szwecja
DATA I MIEJSCE URODZENIA: 22 sierpnia 1964 Växjö   
WZROST: 182 cm
WAGA: 77 kg
ZAWODOWY TENISISTA OD: 1981 do 1996
Zwycięzca 33 turniejów w karierze (1982-1990) w tym 7 deblowych
Finalista 26 turniejów ATP
Zdobywca Pucharu Davisa (1984-1985 i 1987)

Australian Open W (1983 - 1984, 1988)
Roland Garros W (1982, 1985, 1988)
Wimbledon QF (1987 - 1989)
US Open W (1988)

Zwycięzca 33 turniejów w grze pojedynczej, finalista 26. Wygrane turnieje w singlu:

1982 - Roland Garros, Bastad, Genewa i Barcelona
1983 - Monte Carlo, Lizbona, Aix-en-Provence, Bastad, Cincinnati, Genewa, Barcelona, Sztokholm i Australian Open
1984 - Cincinnati, Barcelona i Australian Open
1985 - Roland Garros, Boston i Bastad
1986 - Bruksela i Cincinnati
1987 - Bruksela, Monte Carlo, Rzym, Boston i Indianapolis
1988 - Australian Open, Key Biscayne, Roland Garros, Cincinnati, US Open i Palermo
1990 - Itaparica

Oh, I would be honoured to even be compared to Roger. He is such an unbelievable talent, and is capable of anything. Roger could be the greatest tennis player of all time. - Rod Laver

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Medi … ibute.aspx

#2 28-07-2009 21:26:14

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Re: Mats Wilander

Federer Won't Burn Out Like Me - Mats Wilander

Mats Wilander perhaps knows more than anyone how Roger Federer is feeling at the moment having won two Grand Slam titles in a year with one still to play, but the Swede is confident that the Swiss can avoid the burn-out that afflicted his own career.

In 1988, Wilander enjoyed a Federer-like year, winning three Grand Slam titles in the space of 12 months (the Australian and US Opens and Wimbledon), culminating in a stunning victory over Ivan Lendl in the US Open final. It was a title that had eluded both himself and countryman Bjorn Borg, and meant that he stood comfortably at the top of the tennis world. “I think winning the US Open final in 1988 against Lendl stands out as my best tennis memory,” said Wilander.

“I had watched Bjorn Borg win the French Open and win Wimbledon but never be able to win the US Open, so us Swedes thought it was the hardest Grand Slam to win. Up to the point that I won it I knew I had a chance on hard courts because I was beating Lendl, (John) McEnroe and (Stefan) Edberg on the surface, but at the US Open it just seemed that bit tougher. So to beat Lendl in ’88 after having lost to him in ’87 and to win playing a really tactical game and hitting shots that I wouldn’t usually hit, that was incredible.”

After scaling that peak however, Wilander's career went into decline as he struggled for motivation. He would not win another Grand Slam title.

“The first 24 hours after winning the US Open took quite some time to recover from,” he said. “It wasn’t that easy and it didn’t just go away in one day. It was more than a 'beer hangover' so to speak. It was deflation - you pump up the balloon so much and eventually it just exploded.

“I still loved to play tennis afterwards but I did feel like there was something just a little bit different when I was playing. I was hitting shots that didn’t have a purpose and that was very difficult for me to handle because up to the US Open finals in ’88, every ball I hit had a purpose. To then suddenly to start hitting shots for no reason was tough and it ended up being very deflating to my character on the court.”

Wilander is confident that Federer, despite the recent birth of his twin girls Myla Rose and Charlene Riva, will not suffer the same burn-out that he experienced back in 1988.

“I think if Federer keeps playing the way he is now he’s going to run away so far that nobody will ever catch him in terms of Grand Slam titles,” said Wilander of Federer, who recently set a new record of 15 major titles.

“Of course he has to stay physically healthy but he has introduced a new, stronger mindset to his game. Suddenly it’s more fun to play tennis for him. Roger has taken the sport to a different level. He now shows up on the court thinking he’s going to beat his opponent not only in terms of physical strength but also in the mind. I wish him all the best and I really hope he wins 20 Majors.”

Wilander will play at the Jean-Luc Lagardere Trophy in Paris (September 24-27) and the Chengdu Open (November 5-8).

http://www.atpchampionstour.com/news25.html

Wilander o sobie, swoim tenisie i oczywiście swoim największym idolu - Federerze

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#3 03-09-2009 15:23:26

PanEliot

User

Moim zdaniem to świetny pomysł z programem Gem, set i Mats Wilander. Widać, że chociaż zakończył już karierę chce być przy tenisie. Polecam można zobaczyć w trakcie każdego Roland Garros.

Oh, I would be honoured to even be compared to Roger. He is such an unbelievable talent, and is capable of anything. Roger could be the greatest tennis player of all time. - Rod Laver

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Medi … ibute.aspx

#4 09-09-2010 13:03:31

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Mats Wilander Q&A

Former world No 1 now Eurosport tennis pundit talks to Telegraph Sport about Andy Murray's failings, Roger Federer's longevity and life away from the courts and in front of the TV cameras.

Juan Martin Del Potro beat Rafael Nadal and then Roger Federer to win last year’s US Open. Can you see another player outside the world top four repeating the feat this year?

I think the only one that could do that would be Robin Soderling. He has been in two finals already, and he has beaten Nadal on clay, he has also threatened Federer last year at Wimbledon and the US Open in the past. So despite him being outside the top four I think he’s the only one that could actually win it.

Are you surprised Andy Murray is yet to win a maiden grand slam?

I’m not surprised at all, he’s not good enough to win a grand slam yet at least what he’s shown so far he’s not good enough. He is improving but he’s not anywhere near to being the finished product and he’s not anywhere close to being as good as he can become, and he’s not close to being the player he will become either - that’s my point of view. He will become a better player every year he plays as long as he can stay motivated.

Federer believes he still has a few more grand slam titles in him. Would you bet against him?

I think he has more titles still in him, as long as he’s willing to change his game slightly which he’s doing right now, trying to be more aggressive and shorten the points. As long as he’s open to the idea of evolution in his game then definitely, he knows he’s not perfect and it’s all about the process of change.

Do you think the women’s game gets an unfair press? How can it be strengthened further to draw the viewers/spectators?

I think the women’s game is stuck in a position whereby we need a couple more players that need to step up their game, the bar has been raised very high by the Williams sisters and I think that there are some players such as Kuzetsova and Sharapova who need to up their game and challenge the Williams sisters, then I think the ball can start rolling again in the women’s game again. I think players are relying too much on maintaining their game instead of focusing on improvement. Take Nadal he’s won eight majors and he’s by no means the finished product and will continue to improve. Your game stalls when you assume you’re the finished product.

Do you still hit every ball when you’re watching the games from inside the TV studio?

Yes I hit every ball, absolutely. Every ball, it makes for a very tiring watch!

Any on-air gaffes you’d care to forget but are willing to share with us?

I’m never really aware of mistakes I’ve made when I’m commentating or on TV, I’m sure they happen sometimes and I guess it makes for a more interesting experience!

If you could turn back the clock would you change anything about your tennis career?

No absolutely not, I don’t have any regrets about anything I’ve done in my life I learn from my mistakes and without mistakes I wouldn’t be where I am today.

How do you think you would’ve fared against Federer/Nadal in your prime?

All I can say his thank god I’m not 25 years old!

What’s been your tennis highlight of 2010?

The match between Soderling and Federer in the quarter-finals of the French Open. It was a brilliant match very attractive for both the viewers and commentary. Federer saying that he was happy to lose like that, admitting he was beaten by the better man on the day, and that he couldn’t play any better. It was a memorable moment. I think these are defining moments for Federer and of 2010.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis … QandA.html

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#5 08-06-2011 12:02:08

jaccol55

Administrator

Stopka forum

RSS