# Birthplace: Jackson, Mississippi, USA
# Residence: Brandon, Mississippi, USA
# Height: 6'3" (190 cm)
# Weight: 188 lbs (85 kg)
# Plays: Right-handed
# Turned Pro: 2009
# Coach: Mike Sell

http://i28.tinypic.com/2cfzhb5.jpg

Nowa nadzieja amerykanskiego tenisa. Grac zaczal w wieku 5 lat, jego tenisowymi idolami byli Andre Agassi i Patrick Rafter, a jako swoja ulubiona nawierzchnie podaje trawe. Był finalista ubieglorocznego juniorskiego USO oraz polfinalista tegorocznego Wimbledonu. 2008r. zakonczyl na 16 miejscu w juniorskim rankingu. W USO 2009 rozegra swoj pierwszy w zyciu mecz w turnieju WS, a za rywala bedzie mial samego Rogera Federera.

#2 31-08-2009 15:44:46

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Re: Devin Britton

Na ATP już go lansują.

It's No Joke! American Rookie To Face Federer At US Open

American rookie Devin Britton thought his Octagon agent Kelly Wolf was kidding him when she said his first-round opponent in his debut US Open was Roger Federer. But, in a sign of the times, it took the teenager’s mobile phone to convince him.

“I was pretty shocked. When Kelly told me I didn’t believe her at first, but then I got 15 text messages in the space of 10 minutes and I knew it was true," he says. "I thought, ‘This is crazy.’ Later, when  I walked into the locker room, the American guys – Brendan Evans, Jesse Levine and Robby Ginepri – just started laughing at me. But everyone has been supportive.

“I have a sort of love-hate relationship about it. It’s once-in-a-lifetime experience to play Roger Federer at the US Open, but at the same time it doesn’t make winning the first-round at a very important tournament very easy.”

So, if he could choose, would he rather play Federer for the experience or have a better shot at reaching the second round - and collecting a $31,000 cheque - by playing an unknown qualifier? “I’ll take the unknown qualifier and then Federer in the second round,” Britton jokes.

Britton, 18, reached the US Open junior final last year, falling to Grigor Dimitrov. He turned professional earlier this year after becoming just the third player in history to win the NCAA title in his freshman year, at the University of Mississippi. “I want to be a tennis player and after winning the NCAA I felt like there was not much more I can accomplish. I want to go after my pro career.” To this point, he has played just 10 Futures matches (2-8 record), two Challenger matches (0-2) and one ATP-level match (0-1) – a 6-3, 7-5 loss to countryman Rajeev Ram in the first round of Indianapolis last month.

In the first six hours after the draw was made, Britton says that he received about 100 phone calls and text messages. And the number of his followers on Twitter (@DevinBritton) has jumped from 831 to more than 900. “Ten minutes after the draw the phone started ringing off the hook. I’ve heard from people I have spoken to in forever. I’ve had a lot of requests for tickets, but unfortunately they are all being used.”

Should he play on Arthur Ashe Stadium, Britton will receive 15 box seats. His parents,  Scott and Cindy, sister Katie (22), coaches Mike Sell and Hugo Armando and a couple of USTA trainers will be in the box, along with some of his mother’s friends. One person missing will be his eldest sister, Tara Chez (25), whose busy work schedule will keep her grounded back home in Mississippi.

Looking ahead to the biggest match of his career, Britton says: “I’m a little nervous about it. It’s definitely not a match I have a lot of expectations in. I’ll just play my hardest and hopefully give him some resistance. I’d love to play a night match. If I’m playing Roger at the Open I may as well get the full vibe and really soak it up.”

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … derer.aspx

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#3 31-08-2009 16:55:58

Fed-Expresso

Masta

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafael "The Slice King" Nadal

Chyba trochę na wyrost ten temat o Amerykaninie, nawet nie uderzył 1 piłki w WS a już ma swoją rubrykę na tak poczytnym forum .

Poczekajmy co pokaże, potem będzie można wyciągać pierwsze, choć być może bardzo mylące wnioski.

#4 31-08-2009 20:46:05

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Fed-Expresso napisał:

Chyba trochę na wyrost ten temat o Amerykaninie, nawet nie uderzył 1 piłki w WS a już ma swoją rubrykę na tak poczytnym forum .

Dlatego trzeba trzymać kciuki, żeby kiedyś wszedł do Top-500 przynajmniej.

Mamy pierwszą weryfikację. Jest tak jak Pan Karol powiedział : "dużo potrafi, ale bardzo dużo musi się jeszcze nauczyć".
Niezłe Fh, poprawny BH, pewny serwis. Trochę atakował, ale częściej woleje były nieudane niż skuteczne.

Warunki ma, zdaje się kolejny chłopak z pola kukurydzianego USA Jak na 18 lat lepiej od niejednego gracza, ale też i dużo więcej graczy w Jego wieku robiło na mnie swego czasu większe wrażenie.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#5 31-08-2009 23:40:50

Robertinho

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer forever

Nie wolno oceniać graczy na podstawie meczy z Fedem, bo on dla większości gra zdecydowanie za szybko. Britton za słabo kryje kort, żeby coś pograć z Rogerem, ale jakiś tam potencjał chyba ma... Jeśli trafi na dobrych warsztatowo trenerów i ze dwa lata będzie intensywnie pracować nad serwiem, poruszaniem się, regularnością z linii końcowej itp, to może coś z niego będzie. Chętnie bym go z jakimś niezbyt mocno uderzającym baselinerem, wtedy coś by można konkretniej powiedzieć.

Ostatnio edytowany przez Robertinho (31-08-2009 23:43:33)

#6 06-10-2009 21:02:43

szeva

User

Jeszcze nie mam opinii,ale z Federerem zagrał poprawnie

I LOVE TENNIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 06-10-2009 21:11:04

Statystyczny

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Frank Dancevic

Dla mnie kolejny wanna-be Querrey, choć ma dużo większy ciąg na siatkę niż idol.

Frank Dancevic---------Stefan Koubek---------Grigor Dimitrov-------Dustin Brown------Jo- Wilfried Tsonga-----Łukasz Kubot----- Michał Przysiężny------Horacio Zeballos

http://dropszot.blogspot.com - zapraszam na świetnego bloga poświęconego niższym szczeblom męskich rozgrywek tenisowych.
Blog został zawieszony na nieokreślony okres czasu.

#8 08-02-2010 11:17:30

Kubecki

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Novak Djokovic

From Ball Boy To First-Round Opponent

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/18195201FF4C4739B2CDA7279C7A2577.ashx

American teenager Devin Britton would never have guessed that nine years after meeting Tommy Haas  while working as a ball boy, he would play the German star on the ATP World Tour.

That's exactly the situation the 18 year old from Brandon, Mississippi finds himself in as he makes his SAP Open debut on Tuesday night against the fourth-seeded Haas in San Jose.

In February 2001, Britton, who was nine years old, had the opportunity to meet Haas for the first time during the ATP World Tour tournament in Memphis, where he was a ball boy.

“It is going to be pretty awesome to get to go out and actually get to play against someone that I have watched growing up and even ball-boyed for,” said Britton. “Tommy has always been someone I have looked up to because he plays a similar style game to me. He plays very aggressive but smart and likes to get to the net. Also because of how hard he works. I trained at Bollettieri's so I saw plenty of him there as well as getting to practice with him some so that was always good.

“I just remember being really excited to be able to ball boy for him and it is kind of funny now because I am very excited to get out and play against him.” 

Britton captured the NCAA singles title last May as a freshman at the University of Mississippi before turning pro afterwards. He also made his Grand Slam debut at the US Open and lost to World No. 1 Roger Federer in the first round, although he was up a break in the second and third sets.

While Britton is familiar with how Haas plays from his practice sessions with the German, he added, “I mean it is always good to know how someone plays before you go out on the court, but either way this is going to be a very tough match and I am just looking forward to the challenge.”

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … -Haas.aspx

No proszę

#9 24-12-2010 20:11:51

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

2010 w liczbach

Ranking: 800
Turnieje: 0
Finały: 0
Mecze: 0-1
Zarobki: $12,310

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

Stopka forum

RSS