Re: Lleyton Hewitt

#24 Medibank International, Sydney, AUS
1 Karol Beck 6-1 6-2
2 Arnaud Clement 6-2 6-4
Q Thomas Johansson 6-1 7-6(4)
S Max Mirnyi 6-7(5) 6-3 6-2
F Ivo Minar 7-5 6-0

http://www.lleytonhewitt.biz/images/sydney05/f05.jpg

Ostatnio edytowany przez rusty Hewitt (05-12-2009 12:54:24)

#43 05-12-2009 12:55:37

rusty Hewitt

Zbanowany

#25 Stella Artois Championships, Queen's Club, Londyn, ENG
1 bye
2 Fernando Vicente 4-6, 6-4, 6-2
3 Max Mirnyi 4-6 6-1 7-6(4)
Q Rafael Nadal 3-6 6-3 ret
S Tim Henman 6-3 3-6 6-2
F James Blake 6-4 6-4

http://www.lleytonhewitt.biz/images/queens06/f06.jpg

#44 05-12-2009 12:57:10

rusty Hewitt

Zbanowany

#26 Tennis Channel Open, Las Vegas, USA
RR Spadea, Vincent (USA) 6-3 6-3
RR Johansson, Thomas (SWE) 4-6 7-5 6-2
Q Lopez, Feliciano (ESP) 6-3 6-2
S Safin, Marat (RUS) 7-5 6-1
F Melzer, Jurgen (AUT) 6-4 7-6(10)

http://i37.tinypic.com/otix5j.jpg

#45 05-12-2009 13:03:26

rusty Hewitt

Zbanowany

#27 US Men's Clay Court Championship, Houston, U.S.A.

R32      Diego Junqueira (ARG) 6-0, 6-2     
R16     Sergio Roitman (ARG)  6-1, 6-3    
Q     Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (ESP) 6-3, 6-4    
S     Evgeny Korolev (RUS) 7-6(4), 6-4
W     Wayne Odesnik (USA) 6-2, 7-5

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/CD6830441C9A40628818A8D4AD1D6038.ashx

#46 05-12-2009 13:12:50

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

CDN !

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#47 05-12-2009 20:03:24

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Sezon 2009 w liczbach

Ranking: 7
Tytuły: 1 (Houston)
Finały: 0
Bilans spotkań: 34-20
Zarobki: $682,947

AO - 1 Runda
RG - 3 Runda
WM - 1/4 finału
US - 3 Runda

#48 29-12-2009 10:28:53

Kubecki

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Novak Djokovic

http://sport.onet.pl/74445,1248732,2102 … omosc.html

Hewitt: chcę wrócić do grona najlepszych

Australijczyk Lleyton Hewitt wyznał, że w nadchodzącym sezonie ma zamiar powalczyć o trzeci wielkoszlemowy tytuł w karierze.
28-letni zawodnik w 2001 roku zwyciężył w US Open, a rok później triumfował w Wimbledonie. Na drodze dalszych sukcesów utalentowanego tenisisty stanęły liczne kontuzje. Rok 2009 zakończył na 22. miejscu w rankingu ATP, głównie dzięki współpracy z trenerem Nathanem Healey'em.

- Bardzo chciałbym wrócić do piątki najlepszych tenisistów na świecie. Oczywiście priorytetem jest dla mnie wygranie turnieju wielkoszlemowego. Australian Open oraz Wimbledon to nie tylko moje ulubione imprezy, ale także Nathana. Dlatego też właśnie tam postaram się poszukać swojej szansy na triumf - stwierdził Hewitt.

#49 29-12-2009 23:52:14

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Hewitt ready for fast start at Hopman Cup

Lleyton Hewitt will put five weeks of training in Sydney to the test this weekend when the two-time Grand Slam champion begins Australia's campaign at the Hopman Cup mixed team event in Perth.

The former No. 1 will team with French Open semifinalist Samantha Stosur as the host nation makes a bid for only their second title at the eight-nation team event.

Australia, the top seed, begin on opening day at the Burswood Dome against Romania with Victor Hanescu and teenaged talent Sorana Cirstea, ranked 45th on the WTA Tour.

Hewitt, now based in the Bahamas, has spent the southern summer holiday season training on the east coast with good mate and new coach Nathan Healey, a former rival early in his career. Healey and Hewitt teamed earlier in 2009 after Hewitt parted company with longtime mentor Tony Roche.

"The Australian summer is obviously the main priority, trying to get ready for the Hopman Cup and then obviously Sydney leading into the Australian Open in Melbourne," Hewitt said on his website.

"That's where we want to get the damage done. I'd love to get back into the top five as soon as possible. Obviously the four majors for us is the priority."

Hewitt had to quit the Hopman last January after picking up an ear infection at the resort swimming pool.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20091 … Hopman_Cup

#50 31-12-2009 17:10:27

rusty Hewitt

Zbanowany

Hewitt: I'm as fit as ever

Former world number one Lleyton Hewitt says he is fitter than he has been for several years and primed for a serious assault on the Grand Slam title he most craves, the Australian Open.

Speaking after arriving on for Saturday's opener in the mixed teams Hopman Cup, where he and Samantha Stosur are top seeds, Hewitt said he had overcome the injuries that have plagued him in recent years and was in peak condition for the Open in late January.

Hewitt, a dual Grand Slam winner, slipped out of the top 100 early this year as he battled his way back from a major hip problem, but during 2009 clawed his way up the rankings to finish the season at 22.

The 28-year-old Australian has never made a secret of his burning desire to claim his home grand slam and although many believe the veteran's chance has passed - his loss to Marat Safin in an epic 2005 final his best effort - Hewitt said he was ready to make a major impact in Melbourne.

"A lot depends on the draw. At least I will be seeded and hopefully I get a smooth passage through," he said of his Australian Open prospects.

"If I can get through the first week and put myself in a position in the second week, there is no reason I can't do some damage.

"I feel as fit and strong as I have ever been and I am hitting the ball well at the moment.

"If the body holds up, there is no reason I can't give all these guys a run."

Hewitt has been working with a fitness trainer from Sydney and said he had been building towards the Australian summer for the last three months, having not played since early October.

"Fitness-wise I am as good as I have ever been.... I feel really good.

"I have been doing the hard yards on and off the practice court and have a good team behind me and we feel like we have done everything right.

"It is a matter now of going out there.... I have been waiting the last three months to get out on the court and play these tournaments and get into it," said Hewitt.

"Melbourne in a couple of weeks' time is the big one that you want to be peaking for."

Hewitt dismissed suggestions his best tennis was behind him, pointing out that he was highly competitive in the Grand Slams this year.

"This year in the majors it took the best guys to beat me," he said.

"I lost a tight one to Gonzalez, and then (Andy) Roddick, (Rafael) Nadal and (Roger) Federer are the other three that beat me in the Grand Slams.

"If I keep putting myself in that position things will turn around."

Hewitt and Stosur open their Hopman Cup campaign against Romanians Sorana Cirstea and Victor Hanescu on Saturday.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/31122009/ … -open.html

#51 02-01-2010 17:50:08

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Hew dares wins

LLEYTON Hewitt is trudging along Sydney's Palm Beach, lugging rubber tubes filled with sand and water.

His battered body, rejuvenated by time away from the tennis circuit and full recovery from surgery to his left hip, stands up to the rigours devised by trainer Nathan Martin.

Hewitt has one thing in mind, and it is not retirement. Now free of pain, the South Australian has an eye on the prize he wants most - the Australian Open crown.

It is a minor medical miracle that Hewitt is again preparing to tackle the Open. The January 18-31 grand slam at Melbourne Park will be his 14th. He is 28 and a survivor.

Hewitt smiles at the memories of the torture he endured on sand.

As sapping as it was, it was much better than the torment he faced in 2008 when, for a time, he considered forced retirement after hip soreness became too much to bear.

There were two low points.

"The Olympics was really tough because I won my first round and then had to play my doubles that night and we (Hewitt and Chris Guccione) finished at two o'clock in the morning," he said.

"It was a really long third set (18-16 against Agustin Calleri and Juan Monaco) and straight after the match I couldn't walk.

"My whole hip just shut down and knowing that the next night at seven o'clock I would be playing Rafa (Rafael Nadal).

"I couldn't walk, I couldn't warm up for the match or anything.

"I really shouldn't have taken to the court but it's the Olympics and you don't know if you're going to be around for another one.

"Up until then we were putting off the surgery because we weren't 100 per cent sure on what the actual problem was. We had to go in and have a look once we got to that stage.

"I was hitting the ball well enough in practice but there were certain aspects I couldn't do on a match court, certain movements, which was hurting my whole game.

"It really showed up at Wimbledon last year. I was competitive for a set and a half against Rog (Roger Federer) in the fourth round.

"Then I couldn't start moving out wide to my forehand at all because of my hip and he could see that.

"He played on it and opened up the court. That was frustrating for me.

"The hunger and that was still there because I knew I was actually still striking the ball really well.

"So once I made that decision to have surgery I was pretty sure that I was going to be hungry to get back."

Surgery meant Hewitt missed the US Open, scene of his grand slam singles breakthrough in 2001.

"Watching the US Open last year when I couldn't play it, I was pissed off," he said. "I didn't want to watch it, I didn't want to see any of it.

"That told me as well that I was still hungry to go out there and compete and that I missed it."

In fact, it was only the start of Hewitt's travails.

With his ranking slipping, he was at the mercy of the draw at the Australian Open last year and was duly dealt a cruel hand in the first round - Chile's Fernando Gonzalez.

Hewitt lost a gruelling five-setter.  The consequences were dire.

"Losing to Gonzalez at the Australian Open, he's a solid player, a top-15, top-12 player and I was only a couple of points away from winning, and that made my ranking drop down to outside 100," Hewitt said.

"You really have to work hard to get back and it was in Memphis where I really started to play well. I beat (James) Blake in a great first-round match and that gave me a lot of confidence.

"Then it all sort of came together.

"Then came the claycourt season where I played extremely well.

"Wimbledon was obviously the highlight of the year and really was only one point away from beating (Andy) Roddick (in the quarter-finals), I had break point to go up 4-2 in the fifth set.

Hewitt has seldom looked better physically.

He is in similar shape to 2005 when he reached the Australian Open final.

As an athlete who relies on slick movement to succeed, Hewitt understands the perils of getting slower.

"If you can't move as well as you want to, it's frustrating and there's no point playing," he said

"Mentally, you've got to be motivated to do the work and put in the hard yards.

"I still think I probably work harder than anybody else on the tour at the moment. As long as my hunger is there to do that, things are going all right."

Hewitt says his move to Nassau in the Bahamas will extend his career.

"You got to look at the big picture. Life's changing all the time. With (wife) Bec and now the two kids (Mia and Cruz), it's the best move for my tennis," he said.

"You get stiff after a long flight at the best of times, even when you're 19 or 20, let alone when you're 28, 29 years old. For me to be able to cut back that travel time, to be able to pick and choose my tournaments, maybe play a bit more in the States at times, it makes it a lot easier."

Hewitt is certain about most of the aspects of his methodology.

Few players boast his powers of observation but not even the eagle-eyed baseliner can forecast what an Australian Open victory would mean.

"I don't know what would happen if I won at Melbourne Park, but I'd be drunk for about a year I'd reckon," Hewitt said.

"I wouldn't know until I got into that actual position.

"If that happened, I reckon I wouldn't play too many tournaments for 2010, maybe Wimbledon and the Masters Cup.

"To be honest, I can't tell you if I would (retire) or not."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/hew-d … 5815338830

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#52 04-01-2010 15:43:17

jaccol55

Administrator

Hewitt says he's still got a lot of grand slams left in him

Melbourne, Jan.2 (ANI): Australian tennis star Lleyton Hewitt still believes that he has a lot to achieve in the sport, including grabbing some more grand slams.

When his troublesome hip finally gave way at the Beijing Olympics in 2008 he was faced with a hard decision, to go on or give it away

It had been seven years since he sat atop the rankings and six years since he lifted a grand slam trophy.

These - the big prizes - had always been what motivated him. The other great motivator had been Davis Cup but that, too, was a past glory.

"I could have gone through life, retired from tennis, and it [the hip] wouldn't have been a problem," the Daily Telegraph quotes him, as saying.

He had a lot of points to defend and knew that the comeback from surgery would most likely see him drop outside the top 100 (he fell as far as 108).

He had a wife and was expecting his second child, he was sick of travelling and waking up in hotels without them.

What made him keep going when everything seemed to point him in the opposite direction?

"I still think there are grand slams still in me," he says.

"If you keep putting yourself in that position, you will get your chance. There is still unfinished business," he added.

With long-time fired Nathan Healey as his coach and David Drysdale as his manager, Hewitt believes he has the required backup to see him achieve his remaining goals in tennis.

"It has taken the best guys to beat me, basically every time," he says. "If you keep putting yourself in that position, time after time laying it on the line, eventually you will get your chance and it is going to open up. There is still unfinished business," he says.

Now ranked 22, he believes again that he can beat the very best, although it is six years now since he last vanquished Federer.

Asked how he wished to be remembered when his career is over, Hewitt said as a fierce competitor, who never gave up and produced his best when representing his country.

http://www.newstrackindia.com/newsdetails/141480

#53 04-01-2010 18:36:17

Art

User

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2010/01/ … 89926.html

Ekskluzywny wywiad z Australijczykiem.

#54 07-01-2010 14:59:40

rusty Hewitt

Zbanowany

Australian Open - Lleyton Hewitt confident for Melbourne despite injury scare

Former world number one Lleyton Hewitt will be fit to compete at this month's Australian Open despite an injury scare at the Hopman Cup.

The 28-year-old Australian had treatment on his lower back at the end of the first set of his 6-2 6-4 defeat by Spain's Tommy Robredo.

Hewitt came back out to play the mixed doubles, which Australia lost in a final set tiebreak to complete a 3-0 defeat by Spain at the mixed team event, and then said he expected to be fine for Melbourne.

"On the second point I had a back spasm and I was a bit worried at first," Hewitt said.

"It was frustrating because I couldn't really compete but it loosened up a bit in the second set. I had some massage and I am sure it will be fine."

Hewitt also appeared to be clutching his right hip, the same part of his body he had surgery on in 2008, but said the problems were more in his back.

The former Wimbledon and US Open champion is due to play in the ATP event in Sydney starting on Sunday.

"I am sure by the time I play my first match in Sydney, I'll be good to go," he said.

Hewitt climbed back to number 22 in the rankings last year and will be seeded for the year's first grand slam event, which begins on January 18.

Having won two of his three singles matches in Perth, he said the Hopman Cup has provided the ideal preparation despite Australia's failure to make the final.

"The reason we come here is to get a guaranteed three matches," he said. "I got that and I feel like if can get a few matches in Sydney next week then I'll have enough practice by Melbourne.

"If I can get through the first week and put myself in position in the second week, then the draw could open up, so you never know."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/07012010/ … scare.html

Ostatnio edytowany przez rusty Hewitt (07-01-2010 15:00:29)

#55 11-01-2010 12:56:34

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

11 stycznia 2010 - mija 12 lat, od momentu kiedy 16-letni Lleyton Hewitt wygrał swój pierwszy tytuł w cyklu ATP> Stało się to w rodzimej Adelajdzie- edycja 1998.

1998 – Lleyton Hewitt wins his first ATP singles title as a 16-year-old wild card ranked No. 550 in the world, defeating fellow Australian Jason Stoltenberg 3-6, 6-3, 7-6 (4) at the Australian Men’s Hard Court Championships in his hometown of Adelaide. At the age of 16 years, 11 months, Hewitt becomes the youngest player to win an ATP singles title since Michael Chang, at the age of 16 years, eight months, wins the title in San Francisco in 1988. Says Stoltenberg after the match, “He just played like a 16-year-old. You do what comes naturally rather than thinking what you should do.”

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … story.aspx

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#56 12-01-2010 16:11:04

Art

User

Lleyton Hewitt hankers to be a big gun again

LLEYTON Hewitt will start the climb back into the world's top 10 as he attempts a record fifth Sydney International crown this week.

The winner of the title in 2000-01 and 2004-05, Hewitt returns to his favourite ATP World Tour hunting ground with an eye on the champion's prize - and the other on next week's Australian Open in Melbourne.

No player has won five titles in Sydney since professionals were allowed back onto the regular circuit in 1968, when tennis was declared "open".

Again hesitant over the likelihood of playing at the strife-ridden Commonwealth Games in New Delhi in October, Hewitt was far more positive over returning to the elite.

"I'd love the body to hold up and if the body does hold up, I'd want to look at the top 10 for sure," the world No. 22 said.

"There's no reason why I can't compete.

"I pride myself on playing well at the four big tournaments (Wimbledon, Australian, French and US Open).

"That's where it counts for me. And the last few years, the only guys who have beaten me are the top handful of guys."

Hewitt will not have to deal this week with the players - Fernando Gonzalez (Australian), Rafael Nadal (French), Andy Roddick (Wimbledon) and Roger Federer (US Open) - who knocked him out of major contention last year.

He will have to be at his best to land his 28th singles title.

"I could play (Andrea) Seppi, who I lost to in a very tight match a few years ago after having match points," Hewitt said. "That's going to be a tough match if he beats a qualifier to get through.

"It's a good strong field."

Top seed Gael Monfils will test his shoulder today before deciding whether he will compete.

The Frenchman is coached by Hewitt's former mentor Roger Rasheed.

Hewitt downplayed his physical concerns, saying the back spasm that inconvenienced him at last week's Hopman Cup was not an issue.

"I never felt it was that big of a concern," he said.

Hewitt remains pessimistic about playing in Delhi amid security concerns.

"I didn't even know tennis was in the Commonwealth Games until a month or so ago," he said. "Scheduling is a dilemma.

"Security is in the back of my mind. I don't think any federation would put a player in an awkward situation."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/lleyt … 5817911548

#57 12-01-2010 17:35:02

Robertinho

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer forever

Strasznie się wygadany Lleyton zrobił ostatnimi czasy i cele jakie ambitne.   Żeby tylko nie było w IV rundzie AO wielkiego zdziwienia po ugraniu kilku gemów z kimś z czołówki.

Ostatnio edytowany przez Robertinho (12-01-2010 17:36:19)

#58 12-01-2010 18:44:22

Bizon

siła spokoju

Juz samo zrobienie IV rundy bedzie sporym sukcesem. Zle wylosuje i juz wczesniej moga byc problemy.

MTT Singiel : (Rank-2)

W : Los Angeles 08, Dubaj 09, New Heaven 09, Bangkok 09, Pekin 09, Madryt 10, Roland Garros 10, Barcelona 11, Madryt 11, Roland Garros 11
F  : Olympic Games 08, Bangkok 08, s'Hertogenbosch 10, Wimbledon 10, Los Angeles 10, Memphis 11

#59 13-01-2010 13:07:44

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Hard road ahead for Lleyton Hewitt

IT'S been more than three years since Lleyton Hewitt was ranked in the top 10, yet it may take only three weeks to determine if he is likely to reach those heights again.

The former world No. 1 begins his tilt at a fifth Sydney International title when he takes on Italian Andreas Seppi today, the start of a crucial period in the twilight of his career.

Hewitt last sat among the world's elite in June 2006 when he was ranked No. 9.

A combination of injuries and being outmuscled by a new generation led to him at one stage slipping out of the top 100.

On the back of a strong finish to last year, the South Australian has risen to No. 22 in the world, but now the real work begins.

A semi-final appearance or better at Homebush would be the perfect start for Hewitt, who has no points to defend at the Australian Open after his first-round loss to Fernando Gonzalez last year.

Reaching the final in Sydney and a fourth round or better result at Melbourne Park should have Hewitt well ensconced in the top 20.

While Seppi holds a 2-1 career record against the two-time grand slam winner, Hewitt has been looking sharp in practice, seemingly embracing the hot conditions with a series of warm-up matches against Tomas Berdych and Julien Benneteau.

He appears fully recovered from the back spasms that troubled him during last week's Hopman Cup.

Hewitt may well find himself in a familiar position before he even hits a ball - as the last Australian man in the draw.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/tenni … 5818601255

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#60 14-01-2010 21:15:03

Art

User

Loss 'no drama' says Lleyton Hewitt

LLEYTON Hewitt's bid for a fifth Sydney International crown was ended last night by the man who had his own Australian Open dream snatched by Hewitt in 2008.

Cypriot crowd favourite Marcos Baghdatis avenged his heartbreaking Open loss to Hewitt two years ago by coming from a set down to win 4-6 6-2 6-3 and reach the semi-finals.

Riding the support of many in a divided Ken Rosewell Arena, the world No. 45 raised the power and intensity in the second set to break Hewitt three times and kept his foot on the throat to snatch two more breaks in the third set.

After the match, a surprisingly upbeat Hewitt claimed he was merely using the match to test out some new moves.

"I'm not that disappointed really," Hewitt said.

"I was trying a few different things out there today, just mixing up the game a little bit and hopefully it will hold me in good stead for next week.

"I've just got to go out there and be positive and trust how I was playing. Obviously the first set and a half I played well.

"I tried mixing it up, a bit of serve-volleying, slicing a little bit more, doing a few different things and hopefully it will pay off next week."

And while he failed to improve on last year's result in Sydney and lost the opportunity for more match practice ahead of the Open, Hewitt said it mattered little going into the first major of the year.

"It's definitely not a major drama the week before a slam," he said.

"A lot of people question whether playing four or five extremely tough matches in heat is the best preparation anyway. For me, it's (losing) not a huge drama.

"After you come back from injuries and you've been world No. 1 and won slams before, that's what drives me, tournaments like next week.

"I'll be doing everything in my power to get through the first week and we'll see what happens."

Hewitt was really left with no excuses yesterday after getting away to a perfect start.

He looked to be in control when he broke Baghdatis in the third game of the second set with a superb cross court forehand winner on the run.

But from there the 2006 Australian Open finalist cranked up the heat.

The signs looked ominous for Hewitt early in the third set when he double faulted the first point on his opening service game and only just held on to win the game.

But when Baghdatis held the following game with a super forehand volley to close out an absorbing rally, Hewitt failed to respond in the next game and was broken.

With pockets of Cypriot fans continually chanting in response to Hewitt's fans the atmosphere resembled a football match.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/swimm … 5819581408

Stopka forum

RSS