DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Re: Marin Cilic

Wywiad po przegranym półfinale AO10:

An interview with:
MARIN CILIC

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Your first Grand Slam semifinal didn't turn out like you would want, but what were your thoughts on the game generally?

MARIN CILIC: Well, I mean, in the end I'm, of course, a little bit sad because of the final result. But overall I played beginning of the match very good, and with that part I was really pleased.

I think I played some great points. I was standing on the court really good. I was playing some unbelievable points there. I think later when he got back into the game in the second set when he broke me, I think he got a little bit of the momentum going and wasn't easy after to get back into it.

I would say my first‑serve percentage was low, and I had to play a lot of rallies, which I didn't turn out playing as well as in the beginning where I was a little more fresher and a little closer to the ball. I was pushing him a little more and putting more pressure. Instead, he was doing that on me. It wasn't easy to get out of those kind of situations.

But I think he played well and he deserved to win.

Q. You played three five‑set matches. Did that make you a little tired?

MARIN CILIC: Well, I mean, I wouldn't put my tiredness an excuse for losing this match. I think he deserved to win. Any player who comes to the semis has its own way. And today I wouldn't say that I was a hundred percent, but I gave my best, and that's most important that I can say.

Q. What makes him such a tough opponent?

MARIN CILIC: Because he's adapting on each kind of game pretty good. He can read the game easy. He can serve well. Very good overall player and not easy to play, especially on the hard courts.

Definitely he came up with some great shots, especially when he broke me in the second set for 3‑2. He passed me when I lobbed him. I mean, his physical ability's really on top of the game.

Q. How do you rate his chances in the final?

MARIN CILIC: Well, it's tough to say from this perspective. But I think he has a pretty good chance. He's playing well, hitting the ball good. And I think he has a solid chance to make it.

Q. When he played that shot to break you in the second set, was that quite demoralizing, the way the crowd seemed to get into the match more after that?

MARIN CILIC: I mean, it wasn't demoralizing. He made it. I was just a little bit angry on myself because I had an easier shot when I played the backhand short cross‑court there. I had an open court. Just today on some shots I was making other decisions than I was making in the other matches when I was a little bit fresher.

In some points, especially in the fourth set where I lost my serve twice with 40‑15 up, those just kind of situations are critical in these kind of matches where it comes to one or two points which are just making big decisions.

Q. Did you surprise yourself making it to the semifinals here? Have you regarded yourself as someone capable of making the last four at Grand Slams?

MARIN CILIC: I wasn't thinking that I'm going to get this far. But I knew I played well in the beginning of the year. I was going through the draw very tough. Also in my second round I had tough five‑setter. Since that point to look at now where I made the semis, it's amazing experience and amazing result.

Just I think it's one big step forward for myself.

Q. By making the semifinal, you're in the top 10 now. What does that mean for the rest of the season?

MARIN CILIC: Well, I mean, my last year I was all the time around 14, 15 ranking. I was all the time circling around that numbers. This, of course, is in one perspective relief, but also in the other perspective gives me something more.

I know that I'm physically feeling good and I think this is a good base for my next Grand Slams in this year.

Q. This week everyone has been impressed by the way you played the big points. You never seem to look too worried out there. How have you learnt to be so composed at a young age?

MARIN CILIC: I'm like that naturally. I'm always pretty calm. But when you're on the court, you got to be able to think what you got to do, not to be angry about yourself. That's gonna always put you in a disadvantage.

I was doing that very good. That gave me, of course, some important points when I needed them.

Q. I know it's so soon straight after the match, but looking ahead at other majors now, looking back at the journeys you've had here, do you think you'll become a little bit more aggressive more often, hit the ball harder earlier in the points, if you can?

MARIN CILIC: Well, it was working good. I mean, it was working good for me here to play those five‑setters. I mean, it's a tough balance to find 'cause you got to ‑‑ I mean, you have your own game, and it's tough to change something, especially when you come to biggest tournaments there are. You always gonna stick to something that you are feeling good with.

It's not easy to change some things. But, of course, by playing more on this level that I played here, it's gonna help me to play against lower‑ranked players easier, and I'm gonna be able to get easier through the draw.

Q. Did you have somebody come up to you out of the stands and shake your hand?

MARIN CILIC: I think the fan got excited and he wanted to shake my hand, so... I gave him a present.

Q. What did you give him?

MARIN CILIC: Nothing. I shook his hand.

Q. He had a Croatian jumper on.

MARIN CILIC: Right, he was happy.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 09609.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#22 30-01-2010 22:17:17

Bizon

siła spokoju

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Wydaje mi sie ze Cilic moze dlugo odchorowywac ten polfinal AO. 3 mordercze pieciosetowki + 2 dlugie czterosetowki moga sie dac Chorwatowi w znaki, zwlaszcza ze jest mocno cherlawej postury.

MTT Singiel : (Rank-2)

W : Los Angeles 08, Dubaj 09, New Heaven 09, Bangkok 09, Pekin 09, Madryt 10, Roland Garros 10, Barcelona 11, Madryt 11, Roland Garros 11
F  : Olympic Games 08, Bangkok 08, s'Hertogenbosch 10, Wimbledon 10, Los Angeles 10, Memphis 11

#23 01-02-2010 09:34:36

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

01.02.2010 - Marin Cilić w Top-10 rankingu ATP!

http://i48.tinypic.com/65pcfp.jpg

Gratulacje Marin!

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#24 01-02-2010 16:59:49

Sydney

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Gaston Gaudio

Goran Ivanisevic trenerem Marina Cilicia

Najlepszy w historii chorwacki tenisista Goran Ivanisevic wraca do sportu. Będzie trenerem Marina Cilicia, który w najnowszym notowaniu światowego rankingu awansował z 14. na 10. pozycję.

"To wielki zaszczyt współpracować z Goranem" - powiedział w poniedziałek w Zagrzebiu Cilic, który w zakończonym w niedzielę wielkoszlemowym Australian Open dotarł do półfinału.

Największym sukcesem 38-letniego obecnie Ivanisevica był triumf w Wimbledonie w 2001 roku. Cztery lata później sięgnął z reprezentacją po Puchar Davisa. W 2006 roku miał zostać kapitanem daviscupowej drużyny, ale nie doszedł do porozumienia z władzami federacji. Wtedy deklarował, że "opuszcza tenis na długi czas".

http://sport.interia.pl/tenis/news/gora … 1433122,27

Janko Tipsarevic ~~ Marcos Baghdatis ~~ Philipp Kohlschreiber
~~Nicolas Almagro~~Jeremy Chardy~~Gaston Gaudio~~Dmitry Tursunow~~Eduardo Schwank~~

#25 07-02-2010 22:47:35

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

#5) Zagrzeb 2010

R32 Hajek 62 62
R16 Koellerer 62 61
QF Karlović [7] 76 64
SF Melzer [3] 76 64
F Berrer 64 67 63

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/06D1B73CC7A5472B940E6B0C1D4F298F.ashx

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#26 08-02-2010 02:06:32

metjuAR

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rod

Czy ja dobrze widzę że Cilić jest uśmiechnięty ?

249,5 km/h
30 singles titles
2007 Davis Cup

#27 08-02-2010 09:29:36

Kastet1

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Novak Djoković

No w finale z Berrerem było ciężko, widać, że Niemiec ma potencjał aby znaleźć się w Top 5 . A Cilić w tym sezonie to jest chyba 2 w rankingu Race.

#28 08-02-2010 10:15:25

Statystyczny

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Frank Dancevic

Kastet, może chodziło ci o Top 50 z tym potencjałem Niemca, bo pomysł z Top 5 jest raczej śmieszny xD.

Frank Dancevic---------Stefan Koubek---------Grigor Dimitrov-------Dustin Brown------Jo- Wilfried Tsonga-----Łukasz Kubot----- Michał Przysiężny------Horacio Zeballos

http://dropszot.blogspot.com - zapraszam na świetnego bloga poświęconego niższym szczeblom męskich rozgrywek tenisowych.
Blog został zawieszony na nieokreślony okres czasu.

#29 08-02-2010 11:31:04

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

metjuAR napisał:

Czy ja dobrze widzę że Cilić jest uśmiechnięty ?

Hehe. Ma powody, pewnie perspektywa tak zasłużonego urlopu Go uradowała.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#30 11-03-2010 16:47:28

Serenity

User

Ivanisevic Extends Cilic Coaching Role

Goran Ivanisevic demolished Michael Chang on day one of the ATP Champions Tour event in Zurich and then announced that he is to continue coaching World No. 9 Marin Cilic, the 2010 ATP match-wins leader, on a part-time basis.

Ivanisevic, who despatched Chang 6-4, 7-6(3), will travel with the Australian Open semi-finalist to the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 events in Miami and Madrid in a continuation of a relationship that began at the PBZ Zagreb Indoors tournament in February, which Cilic won.

The 21-year-old is coached on a full-time basis by Ivanisevic’s former coach Bob Brett, but in Miami and Madrid Brett will take a step back and allow his old protégé to take the reigns.

“It should be fun," Ivanisevic told the ATP Champion’s Tour website. "Bob is still his coach but in Miami and Madrid I am going to be his replacement while he is not there. I will be like a mentor to Marin.”

It was Ivanisevic who first brought a 15-year-old Cilic to Brett’s attention in 2004, and the pair have worked together ever since at Brett's academy in San Remo, Italy.

Ivanisevic is so determined to win the BNP Paribas Zurich Open this week and then follow up successfully at the inaugural Seguros Bolivar Tennis Champions in Bogota, Colombia, that he has spent weeks practicing with Cilic. He believes it has done the trick - he moved well throughout against Chang and even hit a couple of serves timed at 218km/h (135mp/h).

“I practiced with Marin for a couple of weeks in February and I’m feeling very well prepared for this event. Hitting with Marin has really helped me. I hope the speed gun is accurate here, because 218km/h is good. Hopefully I can go even faster this week. I’ll definitely try. This event is really nice and the court is absolutely perfect as well so I’m really enjoying it here.”

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … -Role.aspx

Jak ma być do Ivanisevicia ten news to przenieście

#31 11-03-2010 20:55:46

Art

User

Ivanisevic nadal będzie pomagał Cilicowi jako trener

Były tenisista chorwacki Goran Ivanisevic potwierdził, że będzie kontynuował współpracę jako doraźny trener z rodakiem Marinem Cilicem, obecnie dziewiątym w rankingu ATP World Tour i półfinalistą styczniowego turnieju wielkoszlemowego Australian Open.

Najbliższe wspólne plany chorwackiego tandemu to dwa turnieje rangi ATP Masters 1000 w marcu w Miami i w maju w Madrycie. Współpraca ta rozpoczęła się w lutym podczas halowej imprezy ATP Tour w Zagrzebiu, którą Cilic wygrał.

Stałym trenerem 21-letniego Serba jest były szkoleniowiec Ivanisevica - Bob Brett, który będzie się teraz zmieniał ze swoim byłym podopiecznym.

"To zabawna sytuacja. Bob jest wciąż jego trenerem, ale w Miami i Madrycie to ja go zastąpię w tej roli. W sumie będę dla Marina jakby mentorem" - powiedział Ivanisevic, który razem z Brettem wypatrzyli w 2004 roku 15-letniego wówczas Cilica.

Zaproponowali mu wówczas miejsce w akademii tenisowej Bretta w San Remo.

"W tym roku przez kilka tygodni trenowaliśmy z Marinem i jestem przekonany, że jest dobrze przygotowany do startów w dużych turniejach. Cieszy mnie, że potrafi serwować z prędkością 218 km/godz., chociaż uważam, ze może serwować jeszcze szybciej" - - dodał Ivanisevic, posiadacz jednego z najlepszych serwisów wśród tenisistów w latach 90. i na początku tej dekady.

Pochodzący ze Splitu chorwacki tenisista w 2001 roku odniósł największe zwycięstwo, wygrywając Wimbledon, w swoim czwartym występie w finale na londyńskiej trawie. Był to jego ostatni tytuł w karierze.

http://sport.onet.pl/tenis/ivanisevic-n … omosc.html

#32 06-06-2010 21:29:47

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

‘Baby Goran’ ready to show he’s all grown up

Marin Cilic, the 21-year-old Croatian derided for being too nice, intends to fulfil his potential this year at Wimbledon.

THREE months ago, Marin Cilic walked onto a golf driving range in California with his brother, Vinko, and his coach, Bob Brett.

Six weeks had passed since his defeat by Andy Murray in the semi-finals of the Australian Open. Three weeks had passed since his loss to Jurgen Melzer in the quarter-finals of the Barclays championships in Dubai. Three days had passed since his defeat by Guillermo Garcia-Lopez at Indian Wells. But nobody had seen him behave like this.

He snatched at the driver and whiffed another ball. “****! You cannot be serious!” shouted Cilic, the 21-year-old Croatian and world No 12, who has never been mistaken for John McEnroe.

“I’ve never heard anyone say a bad word about Marin,” says David Law, the media director of the Aegon championships at Queen’s. “He seems to be a really nice, straightforward, popular bloke. Some have said ‘too nice’ to win the big ones, but with his game, I doubt it. The fact that he is still working with Bob [Brett] tells me a lot. Bob is one of the great thinkers of the sport and I get the feeling that Marin and he are kindred spirits.”

Ivan Ljubicic, a former Davis Cup teammate, painted a similar portrait last year after Cilic thrashed Murray at the US Open. “Marin is our tactician, a very smart guy. Whenever I play one of the young guys on the tour, I ask for his advice and he really understands the game. He gives me great tips.”

We meet on a pleasant afternoon in Munich and I have asked Cilic to choose three sportsmen he might like to invite to dinner.

“Well, I’ve never really thought about that,” he says, “but I would probably choose guys who . . . Bob has been telling me about this Australian 1500m runner who never lost a race.”

“Herb Elliott?”

“Yeah, that’s him.”

“Why would you invite Elliott?”

“Well, Bob is always talking to me about life and how to improve, and to push yourself to be better. He had some great stories about him and how he never accepted defeat, and when you play an individual sport that is one of the most important things.”

“Who else?”

“Maybe Usain Bolt.”

“Why Bolt?”

“Because he is so superior in what he does and he is a similar height as me,” he says, laughing.

“Okay, one more.”

“Maybe Michael Jordan. I watched a lot of basketball when I was younger and he was one of the best athletes.”

I ask about those days when he was younger. We spend an hour chatting about his life and go our separate ways. Some 23 minutes later, he sends me an email . . .

Hi Paul, it’s Marin.

I was thinking about that question of three persons I would go to dinner with, and instead of Michael Jordan I would put Kaka, the soccer player. He is one of my favourite athletes in general and seems like a really nice and humble guy. Thanks a lot. It was nice talking to you.

If only they were all like him.

The third of four boys born to Zdenko and Koviljka Cilic, he was raised in the town of Medjugorje, in Bosnia-Herzegovina, and remembers a childhood traumatised not by war (the family moved to Croatia for a period during the conflict with Serbia), but by the agony of watching Goran Ivanisevic at Wimbledon.

Cilic was three when Ivanisevic lost the final to Andre Agassi in 1992, five when he was runner-up to Pete Sampras in 1994 and nine when he went down to the Pistol again in 1998.

“We watched all of his matches and when he lost in ’98 it was really sad,” he says.

“People got a bit cooled down from tennis after that, and when he won in 2001 it was just miraculous.”

Medjugorje was not averse to the odd miracle. There was the apparition of the Virgin Mary in 1981, the millions of pilgrims who flocked to its shrine, and there was the ramshackle tennis court where the new “Baby Goran” smashed his first ace and began to hone his skills.

At 14, he moved to a relative’s house in Zagreb to use better facilities, and within a year he was hitting with Ivanisevic, and working with Brett, whose former proteges include Ivanisevic, Boris Becker and Andre Medvedev.

“I was lucky to be able to stay in my godparents’ house,” Cilic says, “and that my father was able to finance me to go to some of the tournaments, but nobody ever pushed me to wake up in the morning or to be there on time. I was never late for practice. I wanted it for myself.”

In 2005, he served note of his talent by defeating the top seed Andy Murray en route to the French Open junior title and ended the season as the top-ranked junior in the world. A year later he posted his first ATP win, made his debut in the Davis Cup and had climbed into the top 175 of the ATP rankings. In 2007, he broke into the top 100 and defeated Tim Henman on his debut at Queen’s.

In 2008, he captured his first ATP title at New Haven, climbed to 22 in the rankings and was Croatia’s top player for the first time. He won twice in 2009, reached his first Grand Slam quarter-final at the US Open and cracked the top 20.

But the steps are getting harder now as he closes on the summit.

“Every practice counts, every ball counts, but it can be really tough to put it all together. A young player who is coming up can work on his backhand or the weak parts of his game, but when you get to the top, these things are sensitive to change and you can’t really experiment.

“To win a Grand Slam would be a great achievement, but I’m just trying to enjoy each time I’m on the court and to give 100%.”

In January, his composure and mental fortitude were highlighted in Melbourne when, after three five-set matches and one of four sets, he became the first Croatian man to reach the Australian Open semi-finals. His opponent, Andy Murray, was playing beautifully and had not dropped a set, and Cilic knew he had to strike early.

“I felt I could do it,” he says, “and did really well to push myself and get the psychological advantage [he won the first set 6-3] but in the second set it turned around a bit [he lost 6-4] and also in a mental way. When you are in front you breathe easier and each point pushes you along, but when it turns around it’s much harder, and I began to feel tired. If you are one step behind, those guys are merciless, they take everything, and it was really tough after that point to get back into it.”

“Do you like Murray?” I ask.

“I don’t have anything against him,” he says. “I get along with most of the guys. Everybody does what they think is best for them to win but outside of the court, everything is fine.”

“Who would you be closest to?” I press.

“We all hang around together but it’s very . . . [superficial],” he says. “We are not going to have dinner with each other.”

“And if you could?” I ask. “Who would you most like to sit down with? Which of your rivals’ brains would you most like to pick?”

“Federer, obviously, but I admire Nadal for his attitude and his discipline. I really like him in that sense as an athlete. He is really simple and always gives his best.”

I ask him how crushing it would be if he were never to win a slam, but the words have barely left my lips when I offer a retraction. The notion seems absurd.

“I don’t imagine you would feel crushed by anything,” I observe. “You seem far too balanced.”

“Balanced is good, but too balanced? Hmmm, maybe not,” he replies.

“You probably need a few demons,” I suggest.

“Yeah.”

“Perhaps you should play more golf.”

“That would do it,” he says, smiling.

Marin Cilic will compete against Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray and Andy Roddick in the AEGON championships at The Queen's Club, starting tomorrow. The tournament will be shown live, every day, on the BBC and Eurosport.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ … 144888.ece

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#33 05-09-2010 10:40:51

Serenity

User

US Open 2010 - wywiad po porażce w 2 rundzie

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Could you explain what happened to your body at the end of the match in the fifth set.

MARIN CILIC: I mean, not much to explain. The conditions were really tough, and was I think very tough. Even beginning first two, three sets was tough to run and to maintain that level. Afterwards I think both of us got really exhausted. But he was, in the end of the match and after winning that fourth set a little bit breathing mentally easier. I think that helped him. I was, of course, struggling. I saw he was, as well. That was the case in the end of the match.

Q. Is it difficult to lose a match when you fight so hard to come up short?

MARIN CILIC: Yeah, I mean, it's not easy to accept that you stayed on the court five hours and then had your chances and in the end you are down because, I mean, tennis I think it's more just physical. I would say the conditions were really tough. It was very humid. It wasn't easy to get the oxygen. That was it.

Q. Coming into this tournament, I know you didn't get good results in the US Open Series leading up, but can you talk about your condition in the late summer and how you felt coming into the tournament? Did you feel physically and mentally ready to go the distance deep into this tournament?

MARIN CILIC: Well, I would say that I was preparing pretty good and I had good week in Washington where I played semis, then had two losses in first round. I mean, I was feeling fine. I was even thinking to play New Haven, but I decided not to, because I felt pretty good on the court and I was hitting the ball pretty well. I was excited to play here. And I think I was pretty good prepared. I can't say that I wasn't. But just today was really exceptional and doesn't happen too often, conditions like this.

Q. Did you feel at some point that you may not be able to get up and go back out on the court?

MARIN CILIC: How do you mean?

Q. When he was working on you, did you feel like, This is it?

MARIN CILIC: No, I felt exhausted. But I felt I could I mean, I'm going to play until the end. I'm not going to retire because of those things.

Q. You played Kei two years ago in Indian Wells. Last time you won very easily. Compared to that match, did you see any progress in Kei? Did he do anything which surprised you?

MARIN CILIC: I don't know. I mean, it's tough to say. I think he probably got a little bit physically stronger and his ball is a little bit heavier. But I can't really see some things. Both of us, I would say we didn't play the best, especially because of the conditions, and it was tough to see which areas are better and which are not.

Q. When she asked you earlier about your body at the end, what were you feeling? You mentioned oxygen. Were you having trouble getting air? Were you having cramps?

MARIN CILIC: Yeah, I mean, I start to feel cramps in the end of the fourth set. But with that, I was all right toward the end of the match. It was just the general tiredness and exhaustion.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interv … 90303.html

#34 19-12-2010 15:08:45

jaccol55

Administrator

The Last Word: ATP No. 14, Marin Cilic

http://www.tennis.com/articles/articlefiles/9303-201012131017370355811-p2@stats_com.jpg
Cilic peaked at the Australian Open,
where he reached his first Grand Slam semifinal.

Best of 2010

Cilic began the year looking like the breakthrough player of 2010. In Melbourne, he won back-to-back five-setters over Juan Martin del Potro and Andy Roddick to reach his first Grand Slam semifinal. It would be his last breakthrough of the season.

Worst of 2010

The first sign of weakness, or potential exhaustion, after Australia came in Cilic’s horrid first-round loss to Guillermo Garcia-Lopez in Indian Wells in March. He struggled to hit two straight balls in the court and lost the second set at love.

Year in Review

Judging from his 2010 results overall, you’d have to say Cilic had burned himself out by the first week in February. By that time, he’d already played 16 matches, won two tournaments, and reached the semis of a major. He paid for all that court time in the second half of the year. Cilic failed to get past the second round in his last nine events.

See for Yourself

Cilic didn’t save his best stuff for last. Here he begins the year by beating Juan Martin del Potro in Melbourne:

The Last Word

As of March, Cilic seemed ready to his place as the next Del Potro, possibly the next Slam winner. Now he seems like a guy who may be built for the long haul. While he ended the year a respectable No. 14, this season feels like a step back. Recommended: Pace yourself.

—Steve Tignor

http://www.tennis.com/articles/template … 3&zoneid=9

#35 24-12-2010 17:24:57

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

2010 w liczbach

Ranking: 14
Tytuły: 2 (Chennai, Zagrzeb)
Finały: 1 (Monachium)
Bilans gier: 40-22
Zarobki: $1,151,955

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#36 24-01-2011 15:54:01

Serenity

User

AO 2011 - wywiad po porażce w 4 rundzie

Q. How was it psychologically going into the match knowing you had this 1 0 advantage over Nadal, but also knowing he hasn't lost a match since the last Australian Open at a Grand Slam?
MARIN CILIC: Well, I mean, didn't make too big a difference as we played year and a half ago, and it was a time when he was also coming back from an injury. I mean, completely different match this one was.

I came into the match, of course, with a belief that I could do well. But I'd say it was really tough conditions to play, pretty cold. It wasn't as quick as the other days that I played. So it was a little bit of a change up for me. Didn't found my way on the court.

Q. How would you compare Rafa's level now with what he was doing last year?

MARIN CILIC: I mean, it's tough to say. From this match, I didn't push him too much. You couldn't see how much does he have in the tank and, I mean, especially as I didn't play great. So it's tough to say.

But definitely he's got good confidence. I think conditions this year are a little bit slower this year and could suit him a little bit more.

Q. Were you tired after the match with John Isner?

MARIN CILIC: Not really. I didn't feel too much lacking in physical abilities. I felt all right. Just as I said, it's more the conditions that were suiting him a little more than me as the ball wasn't flying through the air as much, and it was really tough to put an aggressive play into the game.

Q. When you say 'the conditions,' you mean the weather or something different with the court?

MARIN CILIC: The weather mostly. I mean, it was pretty cold last few days. Tonight was also pretty cold. The ball wasn't as bouncing as much as when I played my last match. So it was a little bit different and more rallies were coming into the play. That, of course, suits him.

Q. I know you were not a member of the winning team in 2005 of the Davis Cup, but do you still feel the benefits of that victory for Croatia?

MARIN CILIC: Yes and no. Yes, those first couple years big attention came also to the Federation and everything else, to the juniors as well, of course. I benefited from that.

But this time not really. I mean, the tennis has maybe even a little cooled down. In past years we had some good successes in Davis Cup for past years. But not as big as that year. It didn't make too big a difference.

Q. What are your plans for 2011? What are your hopes? What do you hope to achieve?

MARIN CILIC: Well, hoping that I'm gonna come back closer to top 10. With this loss here, I'm going to drop a little bit in my ranking. I was defending semis over here. So, I mean, it's not easy for sure. But just hoping to get my good form back.

This was my first tournament in a while that I won two, three matches in a row, so I'm pretty pleased with that. I can take these positives out of here and push myself a little more for next tournaments.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 18942.html

#37 23-02-2011 16:44:36

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Pierwszy finał w 2011.

Po serii niepowodzeń Chorwat wreszcie zanotował przyzwoity wynik, docierając do finału turnieju ATP w Marsylii. Zwycięzca 5 turniejów rangi ATP przegrał swój 4 finał w karierze.

Marin Cilić - finały (4)
2011 Marsylia
2010 Monachium
2009 Wiedeń, Pekin

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

Stopka forum

RSS