Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#661 26-04-2011 15:51:56

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Re: Rafael Nadal

Rafa on clay - the incredible numbers

http://l.yimg.com/i/util/anysize/376,http%3A%2F%2Fa323.yahoofs.com%2Fymg%2Ftramlines__1%2Ftramlines-146152110-1303745593.jpg%3Fym5gy6EDKLWjUOL3?v=2

What's more to be said about Rafael Nadal on clay? Well nothing really, the stats speak for themselves, so rather than bleat on about another dominant week on the dirt from the world number one in Barcelona, lets instead look at the some of the key numbers behind his simply astonishing form on the surface.

34 - The number of matches on clay that Nadal has now won in a row; he has also had runs of 81 (April 05-May 07 - a record) and 33 (May 08-May 09) in the past. He is the only player in the Open era to have won at least 30 consecutive matches on clay three times.

186 - The number of matches Nadal has won on clay since 2005.

6 - The number of clay court matches Nadal has lost in that same period.

31 - The number of clay court finals he has won in his career.

2 - The number of clay court finals he has lost in his career.

2 - The number of players that have beaten Nadal more than once on clay (Roger Federer twice and Gaston Gaudio three times). Nadal holds a 10-2 record against the Swiss master on the surface, while all his losses to Gaudio came before 2005.

9 - The number of times Nadal has faced world number two Novak Djokovic on clay.

0 - The number of those matches Nadal has lost.

67 - The number of matches on clay in the month of April that Nadal has won in a row. His last defeat in April came in 2005 when he lost to Igor Andreev in Valencia.

1 - The number of matches he has lost at Roland Garros.

6 x 2 - Nadal is the only player in history who has won two different titles on six consecutive occasions (Barcelona, Monte Carlo). The latter of those titles he has actually won seven years in a row

24 - Perhaps the scariest statistic of all - Nadal's age - there is the potential for plenty more clay court titles to come.

The question Tramlines wants to put to you dear readers is this: Can we already declare Nadal the best clay court player ever?

He still has a few records to beat. He is only third on the clay court titles overall list (Thomas Muster had 40 and Guillermo Villas had 45), while Bjorn Borg has won one more French Open title than the Spaniard (six to five).

But forget emotions, forget personal preferences, can anybody realistically argue that Nadal, on top form, would be beaten by any man in history on clay?

Tramlines thinks it would be unlikely.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/tr … icle/1116/

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#662 30-04-2011 19:48:25

Serenity

User

NADAL RECEIVES SAMARANCH PRIZE; BATTLE FOR NO. 1 SET TO RESUME IN MADRID

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/8D60A014231C4A8683C6ED91FD2AA605.ashx

Rafael Nadal concedes that there is a strong chance he will lose the No. 1 South African Airways ATP Ranking to Novak Djokovic within the next few months, even if he repeats his perfect clay-court sweep through Roland Garros.

Speaking after being awarded the international Juan Antonio Samaranch Prize in Madrid, Nadal said that even winning ATP World Tour Masters 1000 titles in Madrid and Rome the next two weeks and a sixth Roland Garros title may not be enough to hold the surging Serb at bay.

“Djokovic has a good chance of being No. 1 in the next two or three months,” said Nadal, who is the top seed in Madrid, which begins Sunday. “I could lose the No. 1 ranking even if I win nearly everything and this isn’t normal. He has very little to defend and I am defending a lot of points through to Wimbledon. For me, what is important, is the points at the end of the year.”

Last year Nadal won all three clay-court ATP World Tour Masters 1000 titles and Roland Garros. He began this year's European clay-court season by winning his seventh consecutive title in Monte-Carlo, followed by a sixth title in Barcelona.

Nadal was honoured Thursday in Madrid as he received the Samaranch Prize in recognition of the success he has achieved in recent years and for the sporting values he has shown throughout his career.

Upon receiving the award, the 24-year-old Nadal said he felt “very proud” and was touched to receive a prize in Samaranch's name. The Mallorcan described Samaranch, the Spanish former President of the International Olympic Committee who died last year, as “a great ambassador, an extraordinary person, and it is to him that we sportsmen owe all the privileges we have.”

Albert Soler, the Secretary of State for Sport hailed Nadal as the “indisputable winner” of this prize, because he is “one of the most complete sportsmen and one of the best examples of fundamental sporting values.”

Nadal arrived in Madrid early, so as to watch the UEFA Champions League semi-final between Real Madrid and FC Barcelona at the Bernebeu on Wednesday evening, and on Thursday began his preparations for the Mutua Madrid Open.

The Mallorcan is riding a 34-match winning streak on clay and is looking to retain the trophy at the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 clay-court event, where he defeated his great rival Roger Federer in the final last year.

There is the possibility of a much-anticipated match-up between Nadal and World No. 2 Djokovic in the final at the Caja Magica, but Nadal insisted on Friday that he was focussed only on his first opponent.

“Djokovic is absolutely not my concern, I can only face him in the final” declared Nadal of the Serbian, who has a perfect 25-0 record in 2011. “My concerns are always the first player I will face, my physical well being, and avoiding injury.”

The battle for No. 1 has been a well-documented topic this season, with Nadal, Djokovic and Federer the standout players challenging for the coveted year-end No. 1 spot in the South African Airways 2011 ATP Rankings. While Nadal acknowledged he was “very satisfied” with his start to the season, he was quick to point out Australian Open champion Djokovic is currently the frontrunner.

Looking ahead specifically to the Mutua Madrid Open, where he is a two-time former winner, Nadal said, “We’ll see what happens. I think I have played well in the past few tournaments, but every tournament is different. To play in Madrid, at home, is very special and I have in mind how much support I have received from this crowd; I can’t forget it.”

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … Award.aspx

#663 05-05-2011 15:08:39

Serenity

User

NADAL RECEIVES NATIONAL ACCOLADE

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/8B1BE74F4C2946BA81DC595F9476A4A4.ashx

The national accolades continue to pour in for Rafael Nadal in Spain. On Tuesday in Madrid, the Spaniard was named as an honorary ambassador of the Marca Espana.

Upon bestowing the title upon Nadal, the Prince of Asturias Don Felipe described the Mallorcan and his fellow recipients as a source of inspiration for everyone and praised them for attracting investments and talent that will facilitate the growth of the economy and employment in Spain.

Other recipients of the accolade were: Valencian architect Santiago Calatrava, Antonio Garrigues, orchestral conductor Inma Shara, the Instituto Cervantes, the Vicente Ferrer Foundation and the Spanish national football team, which won the FIFA World Cup last year.

World No. 1 Nadal is in action as defending champion at the Mutua Madrid Open this week and opens his campaign on Wednesday against Marcos Baghdatis.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … onour.aspx

#664 09-05-2011 17:54:31

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Rafael Nadal rozegrał wczoraj swój 5 z rzędu finał turnieju ATP, 4 z serii Mistrzów. Hiszpan przegrał 3 taki pojedynek, 3 z Nole Djokoviciem. Rafa przegrał tym samym 16 z 61 rozegranych do tej pory finałów. Była to jego druga finałowa porażka w Madrycie.

Rafael Nadal - przegrane finały (16)

2011 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Madrid, ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Miami, ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Indian Wells
2010 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, Doha
2009 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Shanghai, ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Madrid, Rotterdam
2008 ATP Masters Series Miami, Chennai
2007 ATP Masters Series Paris, Wimbledon, ATP Masters Series Hamburg 
2006 Wimbledon
2005 ATP Masters Series Miami
2004 Auckland

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#665 11-05-2011 10:27:45

jaccol55

Administrator

Już wkleiłem ten filmik do wątku Madrytu, ale jako że w przeciągu 3 dni tweener został wyświetlony ponad milion razy, wypadałoby uwiecznić go również w tym wątku.

#666 16-05-2011 13:14:12

Joao

Buntownik z wyboru

Statystyki Nadala z meczów w Rzymie

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-b9s5PIN1-Y0/Tc-msYlCyqI/AAAAAAAAAPM/9_EQ2XfpguA/s1600/Nadal+-+Lorenzi+2-1.JPG

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3WrVouJK7ho/Tc-e2AOau0I/AAAAAAAAAOU/no5NQp5kHP4/s1600/Nadal+-+Lopez+2-0.JPG

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZgRhxt1_dLg/Tc-g_Tt55eI/AAAAAAAAAOc/17jGCxIcNKM/s1600/Nadal+-+Cilic+2-0.JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GMwwh2UPFqA/Tc-hMDskhvI/AAAAAAAAAOg/j1qI-bcmLiA/s1600/Nadal+-+Gasquet+2-0.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-I_QmPEaB4rs/TdAuxO_2TkI/AAAAAAAAAPQ/RFO880qPfjY/s1600/Nadal+-+Djokovic+0-2.JPG

Człowiek, jak każda małpa, jest zwierzęciem społecznym, a społeczeństwo rządzi się kumoterstwem, nepotyzmem, lewizną i plotkarstwem, uznając je za podstawowe normy postępowania etycznego. (Cień wiatru - Carlos Ruiz Zafon)

#667 16-05-2011 19:04:38

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Rzym 2011 - 6 finał Nadala w 2011 roku, 4 porażka. Hiszpan przegrał po raz 4 z rzędu mecz o tytuł w Nole Djokoviciem i zanotował 17 przegrany finał na 62, jakie rozegrał w swojej dotychczasowej karierze.

Rafael Nadal - przegrane finały (17)

2011 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Rzym, ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Madrid, ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Miami, ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Indian Wells
2010 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, Doha
2009 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Shanghai, ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Madrid, Rotterdam
2008 ATP Masters Series Miami, Chennai
2007 ATP Masters Series Paris, Wimbledon, ATP Masters Series Hamburg 
2006 Wimbledon
2005 ATP Masters Series Miami
2004 Auckland

Nadal ma już na koncie 29 finałów turniejów Masters-1000, czym wyrównał wynik Rogera Federera.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#668 16-05-2011 23:24:25

Serenity

User

Nadal expects a loss from Djokovic - sometime

Spanish world No. 1 Rafael Nadal weighs in on his fourth straight loss to Novak Djokovic.

Rafael Nadal is facing the biggest challenge of his clay tennis career as he tries to somehow stay ahead of hot rival Novak Djokovic, who beat him for the second week in a row in Rome to win a Masters 1000 trophy on clay.

The world No. 1 Spaniard and the No. 2 Serb will resume from Sunday when the French Open starts, with each tipping the other as the Grand Slam title favourite.

Nadal's biggest job is to try and regain his longstanding superiority. He smilingly says he's trying it all. “I’m doing everything I can, I can’t ask myself anymore now. I’m doing very well but one player is doing better than me. I am waiting every week to try solutions, so let’s see.”

He takes faith in the fact that it is “impossible” for Djokovic’s streak to continue ad infinitum. “I have to wait for my moment to win."

Nadal knows that Djokovic is playing out of his skin at the moment and has done so since last December. The man who forgot how to lose now owns seven titles from seven events in 2011.

"He's playing the best right now," said Nadal. "In the last few months he's been at a different level, he's doing amazing things. He's playing with a lot of confidence. I'm the second in the race. My goal is to be there the next time.

"The big champions are not just those that are able to win every week but those that are able to wait until the right moment," he said. "I've beaten him in the past but now he's beating me. There are always ups and downs in a career."

http://tennistalk.com/en/news/20110516/ … -_sometime

#669 19-05-2011 13:01:08

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

http://l.yimg.com/i/i/eu/sp/epta42.jpg

The evolution of Rafael Nadal: Part 1

http://l.yimg.com/i/util/anysize/376,http%3A%2F%2Fa323.yahoofs.com%2Fymg%2Fpatrick_mouratoglou_uk%2Fpatrick_mouratoglou_uk-468105467-1305562790.jpg%3FymmKuBFDL7ahLXBx?v=2

Rafael Nadal has always sought to adjust his game to adapt to different conditions, and that is why he is a great champion.

This mental strength has seen him achieve things that no one believed he could, through masterfully turning around tough situations.
Physically, Rafa boasts amazing court coverage and endurance. Nothing seems to surprise him. He always strikes the ball with great power while the rotation speed has been measured as the fastest ever.
He always finds new challenges, new ways to compete: tennis, golf, football or video games, everything he touches immediately turns into a fight for victory. He does not sleep a lot, trains at full intensity and seeks hobbies to keep boredom at bay.
Every champion who has triumphed on all surfaces was forced to change his game to adjust to the conditions: tactically through working on sequences efficient on a certain surface, physically on the levels needed on that surface and mentally by learning patience, for example, or else the need to take the first opportunity to attack.
But the Spaniard has gone further than anybody before.
The main areas he has changed are his serve and forehand. Beside the strategy, the fitness or the mind, Nadal is the only one ever to have made a deep technical change to his motion in order to counteract tactical situations that were going against him.
This chameleon is always moving forward, looking to improve, making it difficult for his opponents to find an answer to him. Only his mental strength has remained stationary, so good was it to start with - he has the best ratio of wins in five-set matches of anybody still playing.

Phase 1: The Age of Innocence (until 2005)
Until his first triumph at Roland Garros, the young Nadal (pictured in 2003) was not thoughtful on technique, which he considered natural and instinctive. Nor was he or his uncle Toni worried about it; still in development, he was improving day by day, as shown by the evolution of his ranking.
This period allowed him to learn how to use his ability to become efficient. Every match played helped him learn how to behave in order to win, through solving the issues each rival brought to the table. Little by little, he also improved physically and his temper saw him achieve an out-of-this-world level of fitness.

Forehand:
This weapon displayed a lot of fluidity. It was the shot that allowed him to take the lead during points, enabling him to send his opponents all over the court. He found amazing angles with it and the quality of his topspin forced rivals to stand a long way from the baseline - meaning Nadal was safe from attack. His favourite shot was the short inside-out forehand which allowed him a great impact with the outcome - because of the speed generated by the motion - and also to keep an accurate position regarding the ball's rebound height. He used his right hand to prepare this motion, which ended in a big preparation loop.

Serve:
Following the great tradition of Spanish tennis, the serve is considered a minor shot, merely one that starts the point. At the start of his career, young Nadal was taken into this stereotype. He did not have many aces or winners. This did not play against him much because he mostly shone on clay, with his main goal being victory at Roland Garros. He used the slice a lot in order to get to his opponent's backhand and try to get back on his own forehand. Not feeling very comfortable with the serve, Nadal picked a rather shortened and compact preparation, directly armed, in a Roddick kind of way. His lack of power came from both a lack of speed generated by the head of the racquet, which stayed too parallel with the ground, and him not achieving enough forward motion.

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/patri … icle/1670/

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#670 19-05-2011 13:03:21

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

http://l.yimg.com/i/i/eu/sp/epta42.jpg

The evolution of Rafael Nadal: Part 2

http://l.yimg.com/i/util/anysize/376,http%3A%2F%2Fa323.yahoofs.com%2Fymg%2Fpatrick_mouratoglou_uk%2Fpatrick_mouratoglou_uk-686924453-1305643433.jpg%3Fymp2BCFDzT8oR_h_?v=2

Phase 2: The Quest for Wimbledon (2005-2008)

Having won his first Roland Garros at 19 years of age, the young Rafa craved new achievements. His next ambition was Wimbledon - the tournament no one thought he could win. There were two main obstacles: the technical aspects of his clay game were not suited to grass, and the domination of Roger Federer on this surface, a man with all the technical and tactical weapons needed to master it.

Nadal took three years to win Wimbledon in 2008, during which time he hugely changed his technique to become more efficient. His No.1 rival Federer - who won the tournament every year between 2003 and 2007 - was playing fast, taking the ball early and used a choppy backhand a lot. This gave the Spaniard completely different angles to deal with, compared to clay.

Forehand:
Rafa struggled when attacked on his forehand. The big loop his arm took often made him late to the ball, so he had to play shorter and with more fragility. In order to improve his counter-attacking game, he shortened his preparation, keeping his elbow lower and speeding up the work of the racquet head - a technique often used to return an opponent's first serves. With this change he generated less speed, but better use of the speed of the ball made up for this.

Serve:
He had to find more power, knowing that aces and winners are mandatory if you are to succeed on grass. Plus, if he could convince his opponents that he was unreachable on his first serve, he could place more pressure on their returns. He had to find a way to gain speed, so he increased the falling distance of the racquet - however this solution did not work. Instead of giving more freedom to his wrist in order to send the head of the racquet higher, he raised his hand and also lifted his elbow far higher than the shoulder line. Technically this motion lacks accuracy, but it did give him more speed: a 184km/h average speed compared to 158km/h in 2003 testifies to this. Even if he remains some way off the efficiency he seeks, he reached his goal of winning Wimbledon.

Bonus:
Besides this technical work, Nadal tried to improve all areas of his game - and especially his backhand, adding the slice. This shot improved a lot but was still not crushing enough, sometimes putting him on the defensive afterwards. Playing doubles on a regular basis also helped him work on the shots he needs: the serve, the return and the net game. As years passed, he began to play more and more offensively.

Phase 3:  Success on All Surfaces (2008-)

Far from being satisfied with his Wimbledon triumph, Nadal set new goals for himself. He had never won the US Open, but knew he would shine on all surfaces if he could find a more universal technique. The serve was still his biggest consideration as he had to bring it up to the level of the rest of his game; at Flushing Meadows, with faster, lesser rebounding courts than those in Australia, the serve can be decisive. On the forehand, he was now taking advantage of his shortened motion but also knew he had lost his ability to find angles such as the inside-out short ones.

Forehand:
In 2005, his preparation was higher and his loop bigger. His hand was level with his pectorals, whereas in 2011 it is lower, near the abdominal region. His elbow was also much higher in 2005, ending the head of the racquet a good 50cm higher. Also in 2005 the elbow was placed further from the body - in 2011 its position prevents the big loop.           

Serve:
Comparison between 2008 and 2011 clearly shows that Rafa is back to using his 2005 motion. His elbow is lower than in 2008 when his hand was high above his head. He no longer trespasses over the shoulder line. His wrist is still 'broken' when he raises the arm, but he now succeeds in better raising the head of the racquet in order to gain speed. His toss is now higher and he strikes the ball when it hits its highest point, whereas before he was hitting it on the way down. And he is finally dealing better with the bodyweight transfer forward so he gains more power. The numbers speak for themselves: he increased his average speed on first serves from 184 to 190 between 2008 and 2010, while the number of aces follows a similar path, increasing from 210 to 310.

Bonus:
During all the work on his forehand, he lost some speed because it was generated by the loop. Therefore he sought another way of gaining it, improving the work of the wrist to whip the ball. Rafa's forearm now travels ahead of his hand, which is in turn ahead of the head of the racquet, perpendicular to his arm. With a whip-like action it makes up for the lost time, arriving with a lot of speed. This is what gives the shot its striking quality. A lab based in San Francisco measured that Nadal's topspin reaches a rotation of 3,200 turns per minute, compared with the 1,900 turns per minute of Agassi and the 2,700 turns per minute of Federer.

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/patri … icle/1726/

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#671 19-05-2011 15:19:19

jaccol55

Administrator

NADAL NAMED AMONG FORBES TOP 50 MOST POWERFUL CELEBRITIES

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/DF2634518E6E425F97A5EE8717B269CB.ashx
Rafael Nadal is bidding to retain
his Roland Garros trophy.

Rafael Nadal has been ranked No. 46 on Forbes Magazine’s annual list of the World’s 100 Most Powerful Celebrities. The list has been published since 1999 and takes into account earnings, fame, and global exposure in the media.

Last year, the Spaniard earned an ATP record $10,171,998 in prize money alone, having won three successive Grand Slam titles at Roland Garros (d. Soderling), Wimbledon (d. Berdych) and the US Open (d. Djokovic).

The 24-year-old Nadal will look to retain his Roland Garros crown in the next two weeks as he contests the clay-court Grand Slam in Paris. The Mallorcan arrived in the French capital city on Wednesday to be one of the first players to practise on the Philippe Chatrier Court. “It’s very special arriving here because it’s the best clay-court tournament in the world and I’ve had so many great memories here,” said Nadal.

The main singles draw for Roland Garros will be made on Friday, with main draw play due to begin on Sunday.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … Nadal.aspx

#672 19-05-2011 22:52:32

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

French Open - Nadal to count on history in Paris

Rafael Nadal will rely on the Paris fear factor to overcome the scorching form of Novak Djokovic in his bid for a sixth French Open title.

For once, Nadal will not be the overwhelming favourite to win the season's second major, despite his terrifying presence on the Paris clay.

Nadal, whose brutal shot-making and experience at Roland Garros may still carry him through, has been beaten by Serb Djokovic in four successive finals this year.

"The big champions are not just those that are able to win every week but those that are able to wait until the right moment," the world number one said.

Nadal was speaking after losing again to Djokovic in last weekend's Rome final, stretching the Serb's 2011 record to 37-0 and leaving Nadal's grip on the top ranking in danger.

"I have to wait for my moment to win and I know that," said Nadal ahead of one of the most mouth-watering French Opens for years.

Djokovic's purple patch threatens to halt Nadal's charge to equal Bjorn Borg's six French Open crowns.

"I don't know how much good it brings to tennis, but it's good that someone else is able to win other than just (Roger) Federer and Nadal," said Djokovic. "It makes it more interesting."

Nadal has rarely been troubled on a Roland Garros court, losing only one match, in the fourth round in 2009 against Swede Robin Soderling.

"My first final in 2005, against (Argentine Mariano) Puerta, when he had a set point in the fourth. The 2006 final against Federer that comes down to a tiebreak," said the Spaniard, attempting to recall the odd scare.

"Also in 2006, against (Frenchman) Paul-Henri Mathieu, I had a very, very tough match. I don't remember another during which I felt I was in danger."

Nadal's top spin forehand and dogged tenacity on the demanding red clay could be key against Djokovic, who has had a tendancy to wear down, especially in five-setters.

However, that assumes Nadal will arrive in Paris in good physical shape, having almost been forced to pull out of the Rome Masters because of a virus.

"The most important thing is to arrive in the right conditions for the next tournament," the Spaniard acknowledged.

Nadal could feel the heat again if he is to meet Djokovic, who beat him in the Indian Wells, Miami, Madrid and Rome finals, on Centre Court on June 5.

Djokovic, justifiably for a man in the form of his life, remains quietly confident.

"I think Rafa is still right up there before anybody. I've never won Roland Garros, I've played a couple of times in semi-finals," said the Serb.

"Probably because I'm in the shape of my lifetime and playing the best tennis of my career I am one of the favourites, but Rafa has only lost one match there in his career."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/19052011/ … paris.html

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#673 22-05-2011 00:51:55

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Golf game boosts Nadal for French Open

Paris: Rafael Nadal is hoping that a few pars and birdies on the golf course might help him combat the growing menace to his world crown that represents Novak Djokovic.
The Spaniard sensationally lost to the Serb in the finals of the Madrid and Rome Masters, two key claycourt tournaments in the build-up to Roland Garros.
Suddenly, from being the outstanding favourite to add a sixth French Open crown to his collection, Nadal, as he freely admits himself, is the underdog.
He is also facing the possibility of losing his world number one spot to Djokovic who only needs to reach the final to achieve that milestone in his career.
But there has been no sense of panic from Nadal who headed home after his defeat in Rome to the Mediterranean island of Mallorca to take it easy catching up with friends and family and indulging in his new-found passion for golf.
"When you lose, you have to try and find a solution. You have to try and find different things," he said.
"Is like football no? For example Real Madrid lost 5-0 gainst Barcelona in the league and then they go to the next match and that one they play different tactically.
"In football it's easier to make big changes because you have 11 people. In the tennis ... it is much more difficult to make big changes. But always you can adjust a few things."

First things first
Nadal said he was already concentrating fully on his opening opponent — towering American John Isner who he described as being "one of these players that you prefer not to have in the first round". If he gets through that he could be heading for another matchup, in the last eight, with big Swede Robin Soderling who remains the only player to have beaten him at Roland Garros.
Djokovic's route to a maiden title at Roland Garros and the world number one ranking could be a hazardous one following yesterday's draw where he was placed in the same half of the draw for the second Grand Slam event of the season as Roger Federer.
Meanwhile, Maria Sharapova's victory in Rome last week has marked her out as a serious title contender but the Russian former world number one says Kim Clijsters is the player to beat. Belgian Clijsters was a major doubt for the tournament after injuring her ankle two months ago but has recovered in the nick of time.

http://gulfnews.com/sport/tennis/golf-g … n-1.810752

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#674 24-05-2011 21:46:45

Serenity

User

RG 2011 - konferencja po zwycięstwie w 1 rundzie.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/multi … 000dc.html

#675 26-05-2011 09:50:02

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Rafael Nadal: Byłem bliski odpadnięcia

- W trakcie kariery ma się wzloty i upadki. Nie mówię, że jestem w fazie upadku, ale muszę dokonać pewnych zmian w mojej grze, bo rywale grają naprawdę dobrze - powiedział Rafael Nadal po pierwszym wygranym meczu w Roland Garros.
John Isner był bardzo bliski sprawienia niespodzianki i wyeliminowania obrońcy tytułu już w I rundzie. Ostatecznie jednak triumfował Hiszpan 6:4, 6:7(2), 6:7(2), 6:2, 6:4.

- Prowadziłem 6:4, 4:2. Nie grałem nadzwyczajnie, ale w I rundzie tutaj nigdy nie gram najlepiej. Miałem trudnego przeciwnika, ale byłem zadowolony z tego, jak grałem. Potem nagle straciłem przewagę, nie gram dobrze tie breaków, jestem w nich zbyt nerwowy, więc przegrałem seta. Grając przeciwko takim graczom, ciśnienie jest cały czas, musisz grać cały czas bezpiecznie - podsumował przebieg meczu Nadal.

- Złe z mojej strony było to, że na początku kontrolowałem mecz, a później tą kontrolę straciłem, przez co grałem o dwie godziny dłużej, niż powinienem. Popełniłem sporo błędów, ale byłem też zestresowany - dodał.

Nadal przyznał, że cały czas pamiętał, że w ostatnim secie nie może dojść do tie breaka. Dziennikarze zauważyli, że Isner ma dobry bilans w piątym secie, grywał już bardzo długie mecze. - Myślę, że ja również mam niezły bilans. To mój pierwszy tak długi mecz podczas Roland Garros. Nie znam dokładnych statystyk, ale myślę, że w pozostałych turniejach wielkoszlemowych mam dobre wyniki - skwitował Nadal ze śmiechem.

Nie obyło się również bez pytania o piłki: - Nie mam żadnych problemów z kontrolą tego rodzaju piłki, ale jest to duża zmiana wobec tych, którymi graliśmy ostatnio. Moim zdaniem ta piłka jest dużo lepsza.

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2011/ … padniecia/

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#676 27-05-2011 22:10:22

Serenity

User

RG 2011 - konferencja po zwycięstwie w 2 rundzie.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/multi … 0013d.html

#677 29-05-2011 19:25:50

Serenity

User

RG 2011 - konferencja po zwycięstwie w 3 rundzie.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/multi … 00189.html

#678 30-05-2011 18:28:53

Barty

User

Nie mam linka do tego artykułu, dlatego wklejam treść. Smutną treść, szczególnie dla fanów Rafy, nigdy się tak nie uzewnętrzniał.

Nadal feels like he's been 'playing for 100 years'

Rafael Nadal says the tour's non-stop schedule is exhausting him and there are days when he sees playing tennis as a job, rather than a sport. The Spaniard added that all his playing years have taken a toll on him and that even with the shortening of the calendar this year, the season will still be too long.

"It's my ninth year on the tour, and its completely the same feeling every year," Nadal told reporters. "You don't have the chance to stop, never. I think for that situation we have a shorter career. So having a different model of ranking, of competition, I think we can have longer career, no?  I [am] almost 25, but seems like I am playing for 100 years here on the tour. I didn't spend a weekend at home since the week of Davis Cup before Indian Wells. That's too much. Tennis is a very demanding sport mentally and physically. I won Roland Garros five times, but next Monday I am practicing on Queen's. So that's makes the career shorter for everybody.

"We have four Grand Slams, we have nine Masters 1000, and the year is 12 months. I know that they're gonna reduce two week but, seriously, is not enough. [We are not ] gonna have these changes for my generation, but hopefully for the next generations to have a better sports life. Because I think you need two months, two months and a half of rest at the end of the season. You have to practice. I never able to practice and to try to improve the things during the off-season, and that's something I think terrible....Sometimes it's like work. And, in my opinion, tennis is not work. It's passion."

Ostatnio edytowany przez Barty (30-05-2011 18:29:27)

#679 30-05-2011 19:01:34

anula

Kobieta z klasą

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafa Nadal

Barty napisał:

Nie mam linka do tego artykułu, dlatego wklejam treść. Smutną treść, szczególnie dla fanów Rafy, nigdy się tak nie uzewnętrzniał.

Nadal feels like he's been 'playing for 100 years'

Rafael Nadal says the tour's non-stop schedule is exhausting him and there are days when he sees playing tennis as a job, rather than a sport. The Spaniard added that all his playing years have taken a toll on him and that even with the shortening of the calendar this year, the season will still be too long.

"It's my ninth year on the tour, and its completely the same feeling every year," Nadal told reporters. "You don't have the chance to stop, never. I think for that situation we have a shorter career. So having a different model of ranking, of competition, I think we can have longer career, no?  I [am] almost 25, but seems like I am playing for 100 years here on the tour. I didn't spend a weekend at home since the week of Davis Cup before Indian Wells. That's too much. Tennis is a very demanding sport mentally and physically. I won Roland Garros five times, but next Monday I am practicing on Queen's. So that's makes the career shorter for everybody.

"We have four Grand Slams, we have nine Masters 1000, and the year is 12 months. I know that they're gonna reduce two week but, seriously, is not enough. [We are not ] gonna have these changes for my generation, but hopefully for the next generations to have a better sports life. Because I think you need two months, two months and a half of rest at the end of the season. You have to practice. I never able to practice and to try to improve the things during the off-season, and that's something I think terrible....Sometimes it's like work. And, in my opinion, tennis is not work. It's passion."

Dla mnie to nie jest smutne. To samo życie. Ktoś, kto tak intensywnie pracuje przez całe lata, musi się kiedyś wypalić. Zmęczenie jest rzeczą naturalną, zwłaszcza to, które się kumuluje. Prędzej, czy później taki moment musiał nadejść. Pisałam o tym gdzieś na początku tego roku. Życzę chłopakowi długiego odpoczynku i naładowania baterii.

Ostatnio edytowany przez anula (30-05-2011 19:02:27)

#680 30-05-2011 19:24:19

Robertinho

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer forever

W sumie nie powiedział nic nowego. Że jest ogólnie wymęczony, widać niemal na każdym kroku, natomiast co do tez ogólnych, ma oczywiście rację. To co się dzieje w tenisie zawodowym jest chore i w efekcie mamy armię niespełna 30 letnich kalek i pół-emerytów.

Stopka forum

RSS