• Polecamy: Moda

Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#1 02-09-2010 20:27:57

Serenity

User

Ryan Harrison

RYAN HARRISON

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/DFD9C6EA356546CABF0824CF0C279106.ashx?w=48&h=48

http://blog.mlive.com/kzgazette/2008/08/large_07_USTA1.jpg

Data urodzenia: 07.05.1992
Miejsce urodzenia: Shreveport, Louisiana
Miejsce zamieszkania: Bradenton, Florida
Wzrost: 183 cm
Waga: 73 kg
Tenisista praworęczny
Zawodowiec od 2007

#2 02-09-2010 20:29:32

Serenity

User

Re: Ryan Harrison

Promising start for upstart Harrison

NEW YORK -- Ryan Harrison, by most measures, looks like the Next Big Thing in American tennis.

If you accept the fact that Sam Querrey and John Isner -- literally massive at 6-foot-9 and 6-6 -- have already arrived, this handsome, home-schooled 18-year-old from Bradenton, Fla., seems headed in their direction.

Certainly, Harrison's confidence level will not hold him back.

"Absolutely," he said on Wednesday, with little hesitation. "I want to be that guy."

On Wednesday, Harrison surprised No. 15 seed Ivan Ljubicic 6-3, 6-7 (4), 6-3, 6-4 in a rousing match on Court 11. It was his first Grand Slam singles victory, and it connected him to America's best reigning player, Andy Roddick.

Harrison became the first U.S. teenager to beat a top-20 seed in a Grand Slam event since Roddick, nine years ago. A 19-year-old Roddick defeated No. 11 Alex Corretja here in the third round.

"Roddick has been helping me since I was 15, 16 years old," Harrison said later. "Every time I see him, he's always been extremely helpful; and really talked to me a lot about some of the things he experienced when he was first coming up."

Just when it looked like Harrison's nerves might be fraying after Ljubicic broke him to level the fourth set at 4-all, Harrison broke back -- at love. Even at the end of the 3-hour, 7-minute match, Harrison was still bouncing around like a poster boy.

Harrison, who is listed at 6-1, 175 pounds, is coached by his father, Pat, but also spends time at Nick Bollettieri's tennis academy. One of the pivotal matches of his life was when he lost to his father 6-1, 6-3 at the Querbes Racquet Club in Shreveport, La. Young Ryan was 11.

A year later, the son prevailed for the first time.

Harrison says he's been working hard on his game, and this week is a good example. He lost in the finals of the USTA's eight-man playoff for the wild-card spot and was forced to qualify by winning three matches.

"There's so much to like about this young man," said Martina Navratilova, who broadcast the match on Tennis Channel. "Kudos all around to Ryan Harrison. He served great, mixed it up. He's got a complete game.

"He came of age here today."

To underline how far Harrison has come, consider that he made his major debut in the Australian Open, losing to Janko Tipsarevic in the first round. He then fell to Ljubicic at Indian Wells in straight sets. Ljubicic went on to win the tournament, but more than five months later looked all of his 31 years in the New York heat.

Harrison may not be finished. He plays Ukraine's Sergiy Stakhovsky in the second round, which looks to be a winnable match.

In retrospect, maybe it wasn't a huge surprise.

More than two years ago, Harrison became the third-youngest player since 1990 to win an ATP-level match. At the age of 15 years, 11 months he defeated Pablo Cuevas in Houston. The only two players to beat him to that milestone? Richard Gasquet and Rafael Nadal.

For what it's worth, Roddick, Pete Sampras, Jimmy Connors and Andre Agassi all lost their debut matches at the U.S. Open. And when the next ATP Tour World Rankings come out, Harrison will be the youngest player ranked in the top 200.

"To win on this stage here and to take out a top-20 player in the world is the biggest win of my career," he said. "I've always believed in myself. I'm extremely excited and really pleased with what happened."

http://espn.go.com/sports/tennis/notebo … n-harrison

#3 04-09-2010 23:10:47

Serenity

User

US Open 2010 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 1 rundzie

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. You played Ljubicic before this year. You probably watched him for a few years. Was this a good matchup for you? Was it a good matchup going in?

RYAN HARRISON: Yeah, like you said, I played him in Indian Wells. I know kind of what I'm going to get from him. He serves very well. Off the ground he's pretty steady, doesn't miss a lot. He relies on you to make some mental errors and uses his experience and his serve and his ability to play to his advantage. I knew playing him in Indian Wells, I went out there I was pretty nervous. I lost the first set 6 2, but I was able to kind of put myself into a rhythm. Later in the second set -- I actually lost the second set 7 6. Coming out today I was looking forward to getting back into that rhythm and playing as aggressive as possible and using my transition game to help me.

Q. Is this a big step forward in your mind of what you can achieve?

RYAN HARRISON: It's definitely the biggest one of my career so far. So to win on this stage here and to take out a top 20 player in the world is the biggest win of my career. I've always believed in myself. I have always had confidence in myself, so obviously I'm extremely excited and really pleased with what happened.But at the same token, I'm really going to look forward to trying to get back going back into my routines of the day off, and looking forward to trying to get ready for second round.

Q. There's a lot of talk with the McEnroes, John and Patrick, about the future of American tennis. Who is the next big American star. Do you embrace that and want to be that guy?

RYAN HARRISON: Absolutely I want to be that guy. I have a ways to go. I've qualified and still have a ways to go to get there, but I'm definitely working has hard as I can. I'm really putting all the work in. I'm trying to stay open minded with everyone who is giving me their opinion and really trying to listen as much as possible and take in as much as advice as I can. Then just trying to work on the game and work on transitioning up to trying to hopefully being a full time tour player.

Q. Who has given you the best advice?

RYAN HARRISON: Roddick has been helping me since I was 15, 16 years old. Every time I see him, he's always been extremely helpful and really talked to me a lot about some of the things he experienced when he was first coming up. Obviously coaches, Patrick McEnroe, Jay Berger, Diego Moyano is working with me most of the time now. My dad coached me from the time I was two years old, and he's been you know, he's been always there for me, always there to support me throughout my entire career. He's been unbelievable about being on me to stay humble and stay you know, stay I guess just to the point where I can really focus on taking it one at a time and just taking every day as it comes.

Q. Did you really lose to your father in the city championships when you were 11, and what were the scores?

RYAN HARRISON: That's a true statement. He beat me 6 1, 6 3, and it was at Querbes Racquet Club in Shreveport, Louisiana.

Q. What was it like leading into that match?

RYAN HARRISON: With my dad or this one? (Laughter.)

Q. I know this one is bigger. With your dad.

RYAN HARRISON: With my dad? Obviously that was seven years ago, so I think it was more of a fun deal just because it was obviously I mean, obviously I was trying to win. I mean, I'm an 11 year old kid playing my dad. I wanted to win more than anything in the world at the time. But he played on the tour. He played four years in college at Oklahoma State and Ole Miss. He was a good player. He really knew how to play, and has obviously taught me my game since I was really little. So he went out and put a good beating on me, and I took it well. Everything was fine, kept working, went out to the practice court next day.

Q. First time you beat him?

RYAN HARRISON: First time I beat him I was 12. It was about a year later.

Q. Correct me if I'm wrong, you were never ranked higher than 7th in the world as a junior. Are you a late bloomer at 18? What's come on for you now?

RYAN HARRISON: Well, I was never ranked higher than 7 in the world, but I could still play juniors this year. That's the thing. I mean, I started playing pros when I was 16. I made semis in the Australian Open when I was 15. I played the rest of the Slams throughout that year. I got to a point where I felt like I could start making some strides professionally at the Futures level and trying to start qualifying for some pro events. My goal was always to play professional tennis. I always wanted to go out and give myself a chance to play the highest level. Once I felt like I played all the big stages, I played all four Grand Slams, and, you know, I got to 7 in the world like you said, I felt like at that point I could start transitioning to the pro tennis, because I got to experience everything could I as a junior.

Q. Was variety a big thing for your dad? Did it matter to him?

RYAN HARRISON: In my game?

Q. Yeah.

RYAN HARRISON: Definitely. He wanted me to have an all court game where I could you know, I feel like I'm quick enough to play defense when I need to. I'm comfortable playing at the net, and I still can use my forehand and my backhand up the line. I felt like there's a -- you have to have a base of the way you're trying to play and the way you go out there and play people. But the all court game really allows me to kind of taper my opponent a little bit more. Obviously if you have a guy that doesn't pass as well, I will be looking at serving and volleying, transition a little bit more. If you've got a guy that's pretty inconsistent, then at that point I'll use my speed and ability to stay steady from the ground.

Q. Watching you on Court 11, you didn't seem to show a lot of emotion during the match. Is that your style? Are you a calm player, or just trying to stay cool today?

RYAN HARRISON: I usually do show a lot of emotion. I can usually get pretty fired up. I talked to my dad a little bit last night. He was playing three out of five sets, playing in the heat in the midday, you're gonna need to save your energy. You don't want to get extremely fired up early and start getting to a point where you're stressing yourself out and burn off nervous energy that you don't need to burn off.So at that point, I just tried to, you know, pick the right moments. Obviously you can't pick an exact point, but it's more of a feel thing. Toward the later ends of the first set, obviously the tiebreaker in the second set, I was trying to pick myself up and get the crowd involved. And then especially in the beginning of the third set, once I lost the second set and was trying to get back on top, I really was trying to use the crowd there and use the energy to come back in a positive manner. I felt like I did a good job of it.

Q. What are the sort of things that Andy has told you about working at the game and maybe about playing another player? Can you recall any of the specifics of that?

RYAN HARRISON: Um, you know, Andy has always been great about making sure that I keep working hard. I mean, most of the time whenever he's talking to me he's talking to me a lot about working on certain parts of my game. You know, working on X, Y, Z, trying to you know, basically taking me aside and saying, Look, this is going to make you win now in futures and challengers, but you won't be able to do this in two years. So you're gonna need to work on this. And then obviously whenever I play certain players, he'll say, you know, I've played this guy here; this is what I had success with; this is what you do well.

Q. Can you recount the specific for that?

RYAN HARRISON: Um, you know, it depends. It all depends on the match.I mean, for example, you know, like I said before, I'm comfortable playing defense and moving and playing defensively. But at the same token, you're not able to do that at the highest level. I mean, you'll get guys in the futures and challengers to make some mistakes and to kind of give you a little bit more openings. And at this level, you're gonna have to go out there and really earn everything. It's more of a this is my offensive game and this is your offensive game, and I'm going to play and I'm going to try to show you that what I can do is better than what you can do.

Q. What have you learned since you've played in Australia, and do you feel any different coming into this level of a tournament now?

RYAN HARRISON: Obviously the more matches you play at a certain level the more comfortable you get. I mean, that's just kind of the way it is. The more you're in a situation, I guess the more accustomed to it you get. I kind of -- this being only my second main draw of a slam, I took some time to think about it before, looking back at things that I didn't do well and things I did do well. In Australia I lot 6 2, 6 4, 7 6, so clearly as the match got on I got a little bit more comfortable and I got a little bit more closer to playing at that level because I was getting closer in the score. So I just took a second to think about how I was playing toward the end of that match and how I was really able to have success, and just tried to tap back into that mentality. And then obviously I feel like I've improved in the last eight months, and so just try to use some of the things that I do better now.

Q. It's rare for a qualifier to beat a ranked player. You seem like you thought you could do thi. You don't seem overwhelmed by it. Like, Oh, my god I did this.

RYAN HARRISON: Obviously I'm extremely excited. I'm really excited for myself, and I'm really happy. I've got a great team around me. I'm really thankful to have all the great support that I have. By the same token, I have another match; I got second round. So you always hear about everybody, you know, you have a big win and there is a lull match in there that you don't play so well. The entire focus from the time I get back to the hotel tonight till when I play again on Friday is going to be preparation for the second round. Because, you know, at the same token, I'm extremely excited. I did always believe in myself and believed I was capable of doing this. I believe I'm capable of going out and having success again second round.

Q. Ljubicic said that he thought the fact that you came through the quallies as opposed to getting a wildcard probably helped you. Do you feel that's the case?

RYAN HARRISON: Absolutely it did. Playing on these courts week before, winning matches, I mean, winning builds and confidence builds winning. It goes back and forth. But winning those three matches and, you know, getting used to the courts and used to playing a certain style of play has helped me an extreme amount going into today.

Q. What did he say to you afterwards? Anything?

RYAN HARRISON: He just said, Great playing and good luck. He's a class guy. I mean, he's been out here for 12, 15 years, and I have an extreme amount of respect for him and everything he's done and the way, you know, the way his career has been. I think he's been up to No. 3 in the world. Whenever I was coming up as a little kid, seven, eight years old, I used to watch him play on TV in later stages of Grand Slams. So I've always had an extreme amount of respect for him, and I'm really happy to have success today. But at the same token, I think he's a tremendous player. I mean, he's a great player, and he's proved that time and time again for the last 15 years. He was just saying, Good luck and congrats.

Q. What level of schooling have you had?

RYAN HARRISON: My mom was an ex school teacher. She home schooled me and my little brother from the time I was in sixth grade, and then she stayed pretty on me and him from the time we were little about school. Because obviously her being a school teacher, she was able to teach us in a home schooling environment that was better than most home schooling environments would be, because she had the experience of teaching. That's what we've been doing ever since, and I graduated my senior year at a high school last May.

Q. You actually were not in attendance at that school?

RYAN HARRISON: No, I was doing online school.

Q. She was not pushing the college route at all?

RYAN HARRISON: Um, you know, my parents' biggest thing was for me to be happy, me to be doing what I dreamed of doing from the time I was five years old. She's always heard me talk about playing the US Open, playing Wimbledon, or playing professional tennis. So whenever I was presented with an opportunity to sign with IMG, which was turning professional at 15 years old, you know, it wasn't obviously you know, she's never played tennis; she's never played athletics, so she didn't really you know, she didn't really know too much about it. But she knew that this was my dream and this is what I wanted to do. And with my dad obviously playing professionally and throughout college, I'm sure had a lot I haven't asked him specifically but I'm sure he spoke to her about it a lot. They were, you know, they were very supportive of me pursuing my dream, and I'm really thankful to have the support that I do.

Q. Have you trained in Boca with some of the USTA developmental coaches, and what's that experience been like?

RYAN HARRISON: I have been down there training one time. That was the week before the wildcard event for this event, which was a couple days before I came up here. They've been extremely helpful. I mean, most of the time you're on the road, which is kind of the lifestyle of us, and so we're on the road a lot. But at the same token, we're working on things and trying to transition things into our game at the same time we're in actual events, because you're just trying to improve and trying to get better. They have been extremely helpful to me, as well as Nick Bollettieri and those guys in Bradenton.

Q. Have you played a lot of tournaments in hotter weather than this?

RYAN HARRISON: Um, actually last week the wildcard tournament well, two weeks ago. The wildcard tournament in Boca we were playing midday, three out of five sets. I was playing the finals against Tim Smyczek, who beat me there and got a wildcard here. It was probably about 105. The on court temperature was 125 degrees, and there was a complete heat rule in effect the whole time during that event. So training there for a week and a half to two weeks before was great preparation coming up here. Whereas it is extremely hot here and it is tough outside, it's not what it was in Boca.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interv … 88483.html

#4 05-09-2010 10:50:53

Serenity

User

US Open 2010 - wywiad po porażce w 2 rundzie

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. What was going through your mind in the match points, and did you play each match point the way you wanted to play them?

RYAN HARRISON: Um, no. Whenever a guy is serving big like him and he's got two service points on two of 'em, that's not in my control. You know, if he plays hits two big serves and then comes in and puts two first volleys away, that's something I really can't do much about, you know. But, um, 6 5 when I was serving in the tiebreaker, I actually hit a kick serve out wide on the first serve. I was trying to make sure I got the first serve in and trying to put pressure on him, and missed that one barely. And then I wanted to play a long point and give myself an opportunity where, you know, I wanted to try to break him down, and he didn't miss. I ended up missing, and then just kind of, you know, fell apart from there. I double faulted at 6 All and just -- you know, it just wasn't smart. You know, I didn't go about it the way I should have. You know, I went for a big for serve on the first serve at 6 All. Looking back, I probably should have just controlled that one in and looked for a forehand or a first volley. But, you know, I can't change it now.

Q. I know it's obviously immediate, very early, but are you able to share any thoughts about how you might look back on the whole of this experience, coming through qualifying, you know, getting as far as you did today?

RYAN HARRISON: I mean, it was a great experience. I mean, the whole last week and a half almost two weeks now has been incredible for me. I mean, I've always believed in myself and I've always believed that I could come in here and compete at this level. But to go out there and actually execute and to win some of the matches I did, you know, I'm extremely happy about and extremely proud of. But in all honesty, I could have lost second round quallies. I mean, I was in full leg cramps down 3 0 in the third set, and I fought through that and had a good match and then played one of the best matches I've ever played in my life. Just got a little bit tight whenever I needed to come through.

Q. Did you play your doubles match yesterday?

RYAN HARRISON: Yes, I did.

Q. Have any affect on you?

RYAN HARRISON: I mean, my legs felt good. I felt like I had plenty of energy. Um, obviously we were both feeling it late, 4 hours 15 minutes into a match. But if I was playing just only singles and had an off day, I'd probably hit twice, anyways. I was lucky to be able to -- we had two straight set wins in both of them, so I was able to get on and off. So I was on court for a total of like 2 hours 15 minutes, which was incredible, and then I got a good rest last night. I felt my body felt great on the court.

Q. Two opposite questions: What was the fun factor like out there for you? And secondly, how long will this loss stay with you?

RYAN HARRISON: It was incredibly fun, I mean, you know, playing in front of a crowd like that. I mean, it was the first time I ever played in the main draw of the US Open was two days ago. To have a crowd like that behind me on one of the biggest stadium courts here and have people all the support I had, it was incredible. I mean, obviously I'm not the happiest person in the world right now. But looking back on it, it was a great experience. My ranking is 220 in the world right now, and I'm trying to hopefully get to the top 10. So I feel like one match doesn't make or break that. It's the experience of playing these type of matches that is really going to help me to get there.

Q. Speaking of experience, a lot of young players have to go through learning how to play a fifth set. How did it feel different to you in the fifth set, and do you think differently in the fifth set?

RYAN HARRISON: Obviously it was a little bit strange for me going up two sets to one and still keep playing. I've only played like three, four, five set matches in my career. But, you know, I kind of have my routines I like to go through, going to the towel, taking time in between points to reflect back and think. You know, there's -- honestly there was a couple of times in the match where I started thinking, you know, here's the score, here's the situation, and I caught myself and I just went straight back into trying to go into my routines and just basically treating every point like the last. Just going up there, and no matter the situation, no matter the score, just trying to execute the game plan.

Q. When do you remember doing that, thinking about the score? Fifth set or...

RYAN HARRISON: Oh, no. You know, early fifth set when I got broken I was thinking, Oh, you know, I'm up two sets to one and now I am in the fifth set, down a break and all that stuff. Obviously I caught myself, went back into my routine, got the break back, and then gave myself an excellent chance to win with triple match point.

Q. You have a very unique style of play out there. It's fabulous, very entertaining. Where does your style of play come from?

RYAN HARRISON: Um, you know, I started playing when I was really young with my dad who played four years in college and then played a little bit briefly on the tour professionally. He wanted me to have an all round game from the beginning. He's always thought I was a great athlete and thought I had the ability to come in and have a good feel at the net, as well as good speed behind the baseline to play defense, and then mechanically strong strokes to attack from the ground whenever I can. So for me, the biggest change this week, as opposed to the last six months, was I went into every match with a specific, This is how I'm gonna beat this guy. This is what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna do X, Y, and Z and try and execute it. I was able to play some high level tennis.

Q. When the crowd was chanting, Let's go Ryan in the fifth set, how did that feel to you? Has that ever happen to you, have a large crowd chant your name like that?

RYAN HARRISON: I've never had it like that, definitely not. I mean, that was incredible. You know, they were great. There were some balls that I ran down and was able to scoop up and get back in the point, win some points, just because of the energy and the electricity that I'm feeling because of everything. I mean, I can't remember the last time I was, you know, late in a match like that, jogging off every changeover. I mean, I just felt good. The body felt good. I felt energetic. The crowd played an incredible part in that, and I'm really thankful for their support and really happy that I was able to play here, and, you know, give it a good run.

Q. When you were younger, did you ever come and watch matches on that court?

RYAN HARRISON: Yeah. I've never -- I hadn't watched here live until I was 14 years old. But, you know, obviously I've been watching tennis since I was three, four years old. Ever since I could can remember, I mean, I've been watching the US Open. On that specific court, you see flashes over all the time on ESPN and Tennis Channel whenever there's good matches going on. I'm a tennis fan, a tennis freak. I follow when I'm not even practicing. I love watching it, and I love just being a part of it.

Q. You mentioned the triple match point. What do you hope to gain from the experience of the last few moments of this match?

RYAN HARRISON: Just the last few moments specifically -- honestly, that was just lack of execution. I went about it the exact way that I wanted to. I mean, I went to my towel, I took time, I tried to control the first serve and put it in there. But I feel like once you're there and you're just trying to execute it, it's just a matter of practice and what you've done. You know, your practice leading up to the match, and then once you get there, you pretty much have what you have. At that point, it's up to your routines and your breathing and everything like that. I did that pretty well. I just didn't execute.

Q. You know how competitive men's tennis is, and this is definitely a breakthrough couple of weeks for you. How do you take this and get to the next step?

RYAN HARRISON: You know, honestly, right now, I haven't -- I obviously haven't had a whole lot of time to go back and look at everything as far as the last two weeks. But, um, I can honestly say that this is the first time in my career that I've had a clear cut picture of how I want to play, how I want to compete, and how I want to base my game around. This is how I'm gonna come up and play at the highest level. Even if I had won this match, you know, I probably my ranking is still not even top 100 even if I win the match. Ultimately that's the goal. You don't want one good week out after a year. You want a year.

Q. But this helps with your belief at a certain level?

RYAN HARRISON: Absolutely. I mean, you know, winning builds confidence, confidence builds winning. So whenever you win matches like that to get through quallies and you come out there and win a first round main draw against such a good player as Ljubicic. And then this guy, I think he won Pilot Pen. He's hot. You can tell by the way he served those two points when he was down 3 6. Whenever he's won so many matches, just like I won so many matches in a row, I mean, you get in big situations and you execute because you have confidence. That's kind of what I take from it right now. I'm just, you know, feeling pretty confident about my abilities.

Q. There have been plenty of cases where young guys turn pro, you know, 15, 16, and it doesn't serve them well. I mean, the steady diet of losses, maybe they don't physically mature as expected. Can you tell us a little bit in your case, you know, what is it about you mentally or confidence wise or in terms of your support system that's enabled you the last few years to stay on the path and steadily progress?

RYAN HARRISON: Exactly with a said there, the support system. I mean, my dad has been a great role model for me my entire life. He's literally explained everything to me from the time I was a little kid. You know, just this is what's important in life; this is what you always have to do, you know, no matter what. The moment I got out of here, you know, on the day I beat Ljubicic, the entire conversation with him was staying humble and preparing for the next round. I've had a great support system. I have a little brother and little sister, and they both look up to me. I just try to set a good example for them. You know, I'm just trying to -- you know, trying to go out here and work as hard as I can, and hopefully be a steady player that's a contender in these tournaments.

Q. Was it 15 when you turned pro?

RYAN HARRISON: Yes, it was.

Q. You're aware one of the storylines here has been basically been the lack of American players, Querrey and Isner. Are you ready to grasp the role of great American hope?

RYAN HARRISON: I mean, obviously you have Sam and John who are both pretty -- I think in the last year and a half, two years they've really broken through. Jeez, cramp up. Sorry. I'm going to straighten that one. Honestly, I feel like -- you know, I feel like -- I've seen Sam work; I've seen John work. These guys are all working incredibly hard. To be mentioned as something like that, you know, obviously, like you said, it's a prospect. But I've got a lot of work to do. From, you know, from the time I get back home -- I have mixed doubles and doubles still here -- but from the time I get back home until the time, you know, I play my next tournaments, my goals, my focuses, are going to be improving my game to be consistently a contender. And then, you know, the ranking and all that stuff will hopefully take care of itself. I'm just going to try to keep my head down and work as hard as I can and listen to the people I trust and develop my game.

Q. Of all the feelings you had on a tennis court, how would you compare what you experienced here?

RYAN HARRISON: Ah, today or two days ago? They're completely different. (Laughter.) Um, the entire experience here has been incredible for me. Playing my home Slam in New York and having the crowd support that I have had and all the people that believe in me and all the people that have always believed in me there are people that have seen me play for the first time here and have started to believe in me, and then you have the people that have believed in you ever since you started playing. I really feel like I'm just -- you know, I'm just really happy to be here, and I really look forward to coming back here for many years.

Q. You said that you had a clear plan at least in the match going in.

RYAN HARRISON: Yeah.

Q. Do you have a clear plan in your mind of your career?

RYAN HARRISON: My career?

Q. Two years, three years, and how soon can you win a Grand Slam?

RYAN HARRISON: You know, I've always -- I've always not been one to say, like, top 10 and top 5, all that stuff. Because my general personality has always been, you know, if I'm top 10 in the world and I'm 10 in the world, there's still nine guys ahead of me. So I've always had the mentality where I've wanted to be the best and I've always wanted to, you know, be the top, to win Grand Slams. But with that being said, it's a ways away. You know, this was the breakout run of my career, and in the round of 64, you know. So I've got to really keep working and hopefully try and improve. And guess it's just been a great experience.

Q. What did you learn from being a hitting partner for the Davis Cup around all those big players?

RYAN HARRISON: That was incredible for me. To go with the Davis Cup team -- Andy -- whenever I went, Andy had just finaled Wimbledon and lost 16 14 in the fifth to Federer. Now I feel about 1/10th the way he felt after that match. There was Mardy, um, James, and then the Bryan brothers. Those guys were just you know, entire time I was there the first four days I was there, actually the other hitting partner Devin Britton was experiencing a shoulder problem. I was on the court for probably like four, five hours a day every day, I mean, just working, going straight from practice to practice. I was involved with every single practice. Those guys were extremely helpful, trying to teach me how to play. You know, the stress and pressure of Davis Cup is one that I'm sure you don't understand until you've actually been in that situation. But watching those guys, and -- you know, I watched Mardy, I watched James, how they go about trying to execute during those times. You know, of course I've tried to learn from them and pick up as much as possible.

Q. Following the Open, what's your favorite moments?

RYAN HARRISON: I've always been a Sampras fan just because of the way he attacked. I met Andre, I want to say last October, I think in Macau. They did an exhibition match there. Great guy. He was helpful talking to me too about some of the situations in his career that he was looking back on. I was obviously asking a ton of questions, trying to pick his brain as much as possible. Um, you know, I guess probably the most extraordinary thing I saw was Sampras come out and win that win it here in it was 2002, I think. You know, making that run to end his career and retiring after a Slam, I don't think I don't know if anyone's ever done that before. That was incredible. That's probably the U.S. moment -- first one I can remember, at least.

Q. The serve and volley game of course is such a rare sight on the tour these days. Even guys like Federer don't do it so much anymore. Did anybody ever try to sell you out of that style of play, or were you pretty determined stick with that style of game?

RYAN HARRISON: Um, I don't want to be exclusively a serve and volleyer. I mean, I served and volleyed an incredible amount today just because the guy had a one handed backhand, and he was chipping a lot of 'em. Whenever a guy is chipping a return, it will kind of float and then land deep in the court, and then you're starting from neutral if you let the ball bounce; whereas if I have a feeling that he's gonna chip it high and it's gonna be floating, then I want to try to get in and take it off. Most of that situation is just feel for me, you know, if I feel like I've got a good pattern set up on the serve. But to answer your question, nobody's really tried to sell me out of it just because the people that have been close to me have seen me do it and seen how I try to time it at the right times and use it in my all round game. So it's just a matter of situational timing and the serves I'm hitting to try and set it up.

Q. Did he show you anything different that you hadn't experienced before?

RYAN HARRISON: Did who show me?

Q. Your opponent today.

RYAN HARRISON: My opponent? Um, you know, I kind of -- I guess the biggest thing is how these -- you know, all these guys that are playing this level, they do execute at the big moments. I mean, I've always felt like throughout the juniors and, you know, briefly started like in the futures and everything, that I had a good ability to play well with pressure. But at the top, everyone does. Everyone usually plays pretty well. Whenever the money is on the line they come out big. That's exactly what he did. I mean, he played a couple solid points whenever I was up match point. As soon as I broke him back in the third set -- or in the fifth set -- sorry. As soon as I broke him back in the fifth set, from then on out he started serving a lot better. I want to says his service percentage had to be over 70, 75 once I broke him back, and that's just because of his experience, his confidence. I feel like that's the biggest thing I can take from it. In the future when I get in these situations, I know that these guys are gonna raise their level, and I'm gonna have to raise my level, too.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interv … 67966.html

#5 02-11-2010 13:52:34

polo90

User

Bardzo utalentowany zawodnik, ciekawe czy pokona dzisjaj Sweetinga.

#6 25-12-2010 11:32:46

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

2010 w liczbach

Ranking: 173
Turnieje: 0
Finały: 0
Mecze: 4-9
Zarobki: $152,498

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#7 03-02-2011 00:37:05

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Harrison najlepszy w challengerze na Hawajach

18-letni Amerykanin zwyciężył w turnieju ATP Challenger Tour w Honolulu i zapisał na swoim koncie 1 tego typu skalp w swojej krótkiej, tenisowej karierze.

R32 Ti Chen (TPE) 6-1, 6-2
R16 Ryler DeHeart (USA)  6-3, 6-0
Q Ryan Sweeting (USA) 7-6(8), 6-4
S Michael Russell (USA) 2-6, 6-3, 6-3
W Alex Kuznetsov (USA) 6-4, 3-6, 6-4

Poustawiał kolegów

Ryan awansował w rankingu aż o 34 pozycje i w tej chwili zajmuje swoją rekordową, 138 pozycję.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#8 16-03-2011 19:33:00

Joao

Buntownik z wyboru

Ryan Harrison, nadzieja amerykańskiego tenisa chce postraszyć Federera

-Od kiedy pamiętam zawsze zwracałem na niego uwagę i uwielbiałem sposób w jaki on gra w tenisa - powiedział na konferencji prasowej Ryan Harrison zapytany o Rogera Federera. Utalentowany Amerykanin zmierzy się z wielkim Szwajcarem w pojedynku o ćwierćfinał turnieju ATP World Tour Masters 1000 w Indian Wells.Pochodzący z Shreveport w stanie Luizjana młody zawodnik to wielka nadzieja amerykańskiego tenisa. W tajniki białego sportu wprowadził go jego ojciec i zarazem obecny trener, Pat, który sam niegdyś występował zawodowo na amerykańskich kortach. Harrison jako trzynastolatek pobierał od 2005 roku nauki w szkole prowadzonej przez siedmiokrotnego zwycięzcę imprez wielkoszlemowych, ex najlepszego tenisistę świata, Australijczyka Johna Newcombe'a. Młody zawodnik wciąż jednak chciał się rozwijać i rodzina podjęła decyzję o przeprowadzce na Florydę, gdzie do chwili obecnej trenuje w Akademii Tenisowej prowadzonej przez wybitnego fachowca, Nicka Bollettieriego.

Talent Harrisona ukazał swój blask jeszcze zanim zawodnik ukończył 16. rok życia, kiedy to w I rundzie turnieju w Houston pokonał Urugwajczyka Pablo Cuevasa, stając się tym samym trzecim od 1990 roku najmłodszym zawodnikiem, po Francuzie Richardzie Gasquet i Hiszpanie Rafaelu Nadalu, który wygrał mecz w głównym cyklu ATP. Amerykanin nie zdobył co prawda żadnych juniorskich tytułów wielkoszlemowych, ale odnosił za to sukcesy w imprezach rangi Futures. Szybko poprawił swoją pozycję w rankingu światowym, co pozwoliło mu na starty w amerykańskich turniejach cyklu ATP Challenger.

Stamtąd był już tylko krok do wielkiej tenisowej kariery, tym bardziej że utalentowany młodzieniec zaprezentował się z dobrej strony podczas ubiegłorocznego US Open, odnosząc świetne zwycięstwo z 17. wówczas na świecie Chorwatem Ivanem Ljubičiciem. Niewiele także brakowało, aby w II rundzie odprawił Ukraińca Sierhija Stachowskiego. - Miałem kilka piłek meczowych w pojedynku ze Stachowskim, ale nie wykorzystałem ich - wspomina tamto spotkanie Harrison. - Popełniłem wówczas podwójny błąd serwisowy przy stanie 6-6 w tie breaku decydującego seta i nie mogłem trafić swoim pierwszym podaniem - zakończył utalentowany tenisista amerykański.

Bieżący sezon zapowiada się równie obiecująco, bowiem 18-letni obecnie zawodnik wygrał najpierw organizowany w Honolulu challenger, by następnie skorzystać z przyznanej mu dzikiej karty do dużych zawodów w Indian Wells. Notowany na 152. miejscu w świecie Harrison w pełni wykorzystał tę szansę, a jego pierwszą ofiarą był Francuz Jérémy Chardy, bohater spotkania I rundy Grupy Światowej Pucharu Davisa z Austrią. Rewelacyjny nastolatek pokonał następnie dobrze grającego na kortach twardych rozstawionego z numerem 22. Hiszpana Guillermo Garcíę. We wtorkowym spotkaniu o 1/8 finału stoczył zwycięski bój ze starszym o dwa lata Kanadyjczykiem Milošem Raoniciem, który jeszcze w styczniu był mało znaną postacią światowego tenisa, a obecnie szturmuje Top 30 rankingu ATP.

- Miloš to wspaniały zawodnik. Mam do niego wielki szacunek za to co ostatnio osiągnął oraz do sposobu prowadzenia jego kariery - stwierdził po spotkaniu 1/16 finału z Raoniciem utalentowany Harrison. Teraz jednak czeka go pojedynek o ćwierćfinał turnieju z wielkim Federerem, który sytuację młodego Amerykanina porównał do swojej, kiedy w 1998 roku niespodziewanie ograł Hiszpana Carlosa Moyę. - Roger to bardzo inteligentny człowiek. Doskonale wie, że wyjdzie na kort i będzie grał swój najlepszy tenis - zauważył 18-letni zawodnik. - Najważniejsze dla mnie będzie, aby w spotkaniu z nim nie stracić głowy i postarać się jak najdłużej prowadzić grę na własnych warunkach- zakończył Harrison.

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2011/ … ego-tenis/

Człowiek, jak każda małpa, jest zwierzęciem społecznym, a społeczeństwo rządzi się kumoterstwem, nepotyzmem, lewizną i plotkarstwem, uznając je za podstawowe normy postępowania etycznego. (Cień wiatru - Carlos Ruiz Zafon)

#9 20-03-2011 11:07:40

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Harrison To Compete In Newport

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/086235F98646492682418DEAF030526D.ashx
Ryan Harrison reached the
Indian Wells fourth round,
losing to Roger Federer.

Eighteen-year old Louisiana native Ryan Harrison, whose outstanding performances in the past year have consistently caused a buzz among tennis fans, tennis media and, of course, his opponents, will compete in the Campbell's Hall of Fame Tennis Championships in Newport, R.I., July 4 - 10, 2011.

This week, Harrison overcame another rising star, Canadian Milos Raonic, 20, in an intense three-set match that could be an early indicator of the next great tennis rivalry, to advance to the fourth round at the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells. Harrison, who was a wild card entry at the tournament, faced Roger Federer in the Fourth Round and took the world No. 2 player to a tie-break in the first set, before Federer claimed victory, 7-6(4), 6-3. Following his success at Indian Wells, it is anticipated that Harrison's South African Airways ATP World Tour Ranking will jump from No. 152 to near 130.

"As a wild card in Newport last year, Ryan advanced to the quarterfinals and he has consistently posted some outstanding results since then," said Mark L. Stenning, tournament director of the Campbell's Hall of Fame Tennis Championships. "Ryan is definitely a player on the move and one to watch. We know our fans will enjoy seeing him compete and we look forward to welcoming him back to Newport again this summer."

This year will be Harrison's second appearance in Newport, where he advanced to the quarterfinals last year - his best ATP World Tour result to date at the time. Since that appearance, Harrison has recorded significant victories, including defeating then No. 17 Ivan Ljubicic in the first round of the 2010 US Open. Harrison has gotten off to a strong start in 2011, as well. Earlier in the year, he captured both the singles and doubles titles at the Honolulu Challenger. Prior to falling to Federer at Indian Wells, Harrison defeated No. 49 Jeremy Chardy, No. 25 Guillermo Garcia-Lopez, and No. 37 Raonic.

The Campbell's Hall of Fame Tennis Championships will be played July 4 - 10, 2011. The tournament, which immediately follows Wimbledon, draws 32 top ATP World Tour players and is hosted on the historic grass courts of the International Tennis Hall of Fame. It is the only grass court pro tournament in North America and the only men's ATP World Tour event in the Northeast. Tickets for tournament are on sale now. Members of the International Tennis Hall of Fame save 30% on all tickets for Monday - Thursday sessions. To purchase tickets or learn more about the tournament or Hall of Fame membership, visit tennisfame.com or call 401-849-6053 or 866-914-FAME (3263).

A highlight of the Campbell's Hall of Fame Tennis Championships will be the International Tennis Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, which will be held on Saturday, July 9 at 12:00 p.m., prior to the tournament's semifinal matches. The one and only Andre Agassi, former world No. 1, eight-time grand slam champion, and one of the most revered athletes in history is the sole inductee in the Recent Player Category. In the Contributor Category, Peachy Kellmeyer, who was the very first employee and director of the WTA in 1973 and still serves the organization today, will be inducted for her immense contributions in the development of women's tennis. Additionally, a variety of special events including Family Weekend, free tennis lessons, and the Angela Moore Fashion Show will complement another exciting week of ATP World Tour tennis.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … ation.aspx

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#10 21-03-2011 18:40:23

Joao

Buntownik z wyboru

Najwyższa pozycja w karierze: 130

Człowiek, jak każda małpa, jest zwierzęciem społecznym, a społeczeństwo rządzi się kumoterstwem, nepotyzmem, lewizną i plotkarstwem, uznając je za podstawowe normy postępowania etycznego. (Cień wiatru - Carlos Ruiz Zafon)

#11 11-04-2011 12:49:37

Sempere

User

Najwyższa pozycja w karierze: 128

#12 25-04-2011 12:18:02

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Kilka podstawowych informacji o Ryanie.

Rozpoczął grę w tenisa w wieku lat 2. Ma pseudonim - "Harry". Jego ojciec, Pat (obecnie oficjalny trener Ryana) to były tenisista, który grywał jednak tylko w challengerach i futuresach, jego mam ma na imię Susie. Ryan jest najstarszym z trójki dzieci Pata i Susie. Młodszy brat Christian (urodzony 29.05.1994) także jest tenisistą. Harry określa swojego młodszego bata jako "najlepszego tenisistę na świecie wśród swojej kategorii wiekowej".Ponadto ma młodszą siostrę Madison (ur. 1996).

W wieku 11 lat Harrison wziął udział w Shreveport City Championships, gdzie dotarł do finału, gdzie przegrał ze...swoim tatą. W 2005 roku cała rodzina przeniosła się do Teksasu, gdzie Ryan rozpoczął treningi w Akademii Johna Newcombe'a.
Ryan podaje trawę jako swoją ulubioną nawierzchnię do gry w tenisa. Prywatnie jest wielkim fanem New Orleans Saints.
Lubi muzykę rock, a jego ulubioną grupą muzyczną jest Lifehouse.

W kwietniu 2008 roku Ryan został sklasyfikowany na 7 miejscu wśród juniorów, awansował do 1/2 finału juniorskiego AO w tym samym sezonie. Niedługo później rodzina Harrisonów przeniosła się na Florydę, gdzie Ryan rozpoczął treningi w słynnej Akademii Nicka Bollettieriego. Ryan Harrison trenuje tam po dziś dzień.

Ryan Harrison w "Smash":
http://www.bobcroslin.com/blog/?p=147
http://www.smashtennis.com/issues/2011/ … winter.php

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#13 02-05-2011 18:04:49

polo90

User

Ryan wykazał się ambicją rezygnując z amerykańskich eliminacji o Dziką Kartę do Roland Garros.
Woli zagrać w kwalifikacjach Roland Garros.

#14 07-05-2011 23:28:23

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ryan skończył dziś 19 lat. Wszystkiego dobrego! Awansu do Top-100 na dobry początek.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#15 09-05-2011 11:58:41

jaccol55

Administrator

Najwyższa pozycja w karierze: 121

#16 23-05-2011 17:50:38

jaccol55

Administrator

Najwyższa pozycja w karierze: 119

#17 26-06-2011 11:34:28

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po porażce w 2 rundzie

R. Harrison def. by D. Ferrer 7-6, 1-6, 6-4, 3-6, 2-6

Q. Do you feel like your serve let you down a little bit today?

RYAN HARRISON: Absolutely.

Q. Why do you think that is?

RYAN HARRISON: I don't know. I mean, I had a good warm-up, was hitting it good yesterday. Just one of those days where, you know, I was hitting them clean, just missing them by a couple inches.

If I tried to force it, I missed it. A lot of it had to do with how well he was returning. I couldn't just slide it in the box and get in a rhythm because he was taking control. Even off my serve he was ripping some returns.

So I started trying to force it, started to feel a little pressure. It's not like a match where you're starting from the first point because we're already at 4 2 in the fourth set. Wasn't much time to find rhythm. Kind of one of those deals where it has to be there. If it's not, you lose. His was and mine wasn't, so I lost.

Q. Do you leave here thinking maybe if there had been another hour of light last night that you might have done better?

RYAN HARRISON: I mean, I was definitely in a better rhythm yesterday, that's for sure. I mean, you know, things happen. You've got to deal with stuff no matter what happens. He had the exact same thing that happened to me happen to him. He was in rhythm last night, too. He was playing his best tennis right before the delay. So he could have easily felt the same way, that he was finally catching his rhythm.

Without a doubt, it was pretty obvious to just about everyone that I was serving a lot better yesterday.

Q. You played matches where it's gone from one day to the next before. That wasn't a new situation. Did you come out feeling any more nervous?

RYAN HARRISON: No. I mean, I felt fine, to be honest with you. I wasn't panicked or anything last night or this morning thinking about it. I was confident to win the match all yesterday and last night till this morning. I felt good. I knew that if I played well, I'd win.

But I didn't, so...

Q. You had a couple moments today, but overall how did you feel about how you handled your emotions?

RYAN HARRISON: I mean, there was twice in the beginning of the fifth set where I felt like, you know, I was starting to get a little frustrated just because I'd already gone down a break after being up two sets to one. I could feel I wasn't playing well.

But I tried to take a deep breath and relax and just kind of keep my mouth shut and start fighting and that was going to give me my best chance. Just because you try to do the right things and control your emotions doesn't necessarily mean you're going to win.

Q. You beat a quality player in the first round; pushed this guy to five sets. Must sting to feel you're really close, on the cusp.

RYAN HARRISON: Yeah, I mean, it's just kind of frustrating that I let it slip away. Obviously I know that I can play that level, which is why it's disappointing and frustrating whenever I lose matches that I shouldn't lose.

But David is definitely a guy that is a proven quality player. We were playing very good tennis last night. I could have easily been down two sets to one or even have lost the third set. It's just the way it goes.

I mean, I'm playing about as well as I can play yesterday and we're in a dogfight. But that's the thing, I've got to make that level my standard as opposed to that level being as well as I can play.

Q. Your confidence, some would say, is a real strength that you have. Over the years, what do you think is the best you could do at this tournament?

RYAN HARRISON: I think I can win this tournament. I want to win it, obviously. Grass suits my game. If I'm serving well I'm not going to get broken. The times I get broken on grass are because I either miss first serves or don't hit my spots. It doesn't matter who I'm playing, if I play a good service game, I'm not going to get broken.

It's not like I return poorly. I can return. I feel like I move well enough on grass where it can be a surface I can do some damage on.

Q. By the time of your first match at Flushing, what would you like to achieve this summer?

RYAN HARRISON: I want to play every single match this summer with the same mental stability that I did the first four sets yesterday. With the exception of maybe two or three points, this match today, I want to have that mental stability as standard and have that frame of mind in every single match.

Q. Mardy said the other day it would probably be good for you to have clarity in your coaching situation. Talk about that.

RYAN HARRISON: Yeah. It's pretty solid right now. I've had it pretty solid for the past two months. Scott McCain is quarter-backing the situation and helping me; he's my main coach. Whenever he can't make it, Grant Doyle has been making it, putting in a lot of time with me as well. They're both based out of Austin and both good friends. They both have a similar sight for the game, and I trust and agree with everything that they're telling me and believe in it.

Q. What sort of role has Andy Roddick played for you in being a mentor?

RYAN HARRISON: I mean, he's helped me deal with every situation I've faced as far as all the new stuff I haven't experienced myself yet. He's made himself available to ask him any questions, whether or not it's about tennis, life, priorities, whatever. I can ask him and talk to him about anything, which has been a great help to me.

Then just stuff about my game. I mean, just the biggest thing that he sees that I know and that all the coaches that I work with and that help me see, is that, you know, I've got the ability to play well. It's just a matter of finding that comfort and making it standard, that level.

Q. He said the other day that up here is right now the biggest challenge for you, figuring out that mental stability formula which you alluded to earlier. How far along do you think you are? What obstacles do you see?

RYAN HARRISON: I'm a lot farther along than I was six months ago, that's for sure. There's been a couple times in the last few months where I've snapped. But there's been a lot of matches that, you know, aren't at these bigger tournaments where it's televised and people are watching where I've kept my emotions in check.

Just because I'm playing in a challenger somewhere that nobody has heard of doesn't mean that it doesn't mean a lot and I'm not trying to control myself.

I've played every single match I guess over the last two months with the same preparation and the same I guess mindset as far as how I want to play tactically and with my game. I feel like that's improved a lot. Mentally, obviously I'm working at it and it's going to get better.

Q. What do you see as the burden, if that's the right word, on your generation of players, given so much talk about how long it's been for U.S. men to win a slam and where are things going, all of that?

RYAN HARRISON: Well, the biggest reason U.S. men haven't won a slam is because of Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer are pretty good. Obviously Novak is playing very well also. I mean, it's not like Andy is a worse tennis player than he was 10 years ago. It's just that these guys are playing spectacular tennis.

The quality of tennis is extremely high. I feel like with the right nutrition and stretching, everything like that, people's careers are being extended. Roger is playing at a high level for six, seven, eight years now; whereas, you know, guys' prime would hit a little earlier. By the time they were a little bit older their bodies would start breaking down back in the day.

I just feel like that everyone, it's such a physical game, that it's just you have to really physically mature to a point where your body can take it. I mean, I woke up after my Stakhovsky match I guess in September, and I could barely walk the next day. I was so sore. So it's just a matter of being able to do that.

In order to win slams, I would had to have won that match, woken up, and then played a couple days later. I would have had one day off and then played the next day. In order to win a slam, you have to do that seven times. That's pretty difficult.

For a guy, who at the time I was 18, now I'm 19, that's an extremely difficult thing to do. Your body has to mature and get used to that pounding.

Q. You got a long look at Soderling and now a long look at David. You got two top 10 guys there in a slam. What sort of things do you think separate those guys from where you're at?

RYAN HARRISON: You know, I think that it's just the consistency. Talking about David, he brings the same focus and attention to every single point; whereas I've checked out a couple times. I don't lose concentration or physically lose effort or mentally lose effort, but it's just like a matter of making sure that every single point that you play is thought out, is with a purpose.

Sometimes you can get caught in thinking about the situation and thinking about whatever might happen after the match, just stuff that's irrelevant to the process of winning the match.

Those guys obviously have been dealing with the stuff for five, ten years, so there's no lack of concentration or focus. At that point, as soon as you give them a little bit to run with, they just take it. That's when you see them just hammer guys.

Q. In the way you produce shots, do you feel like you're already there?

RYAN HARRISON: My forehand is as good as anyone's if I'm hitting it well. On any given day obviously I've had some days where it goes off, it goes off more than a guy in the top 10 but if I'm hitting it well, I can hit it to both spots, I can hide it, I can dictate with it.

My backhand needs work. It's getting a lot better. I'm getting more comfortable with it. Today I kind of resorted to chipping it just because I wasn't really comfortable firing at the line. You have David camping out in the backhand corner just daring me to go up the line.

He's really quick, and I know if I leave it a little bit to the middle he's going to get over there and kill a forehand. So it's just that confidence of knowing that off either side you can step up and put the ball where it needs to go.

Q. People talk about your high tennis IQ. Do you love getting into the nitty gritty of all the nuances of this game? Does it fill you up day in and day out with intellectual stimulation?

RYAN HARRISON: Yeah, I mean, I love talking about tennis. I love trying to learn as much as I can. I feel like the more you learn and the more you have your ears and eyes opened to learn new stuff, the quicker things are going to happen. You're going to get to a higher level quicker.

I feel like, you know, I've played three matches against guys in the top 10 now. I guess, maybe four; in the last year I've played three. There's just been things that I can learn and I can really figure out, and I want to do it and figure out how to win as quick as possible.

Q. What's the biggest thing you've learned from Andy?

RYAN HARRISON: I mean, he's taught me a lot. But the one thing that stands out is just he always talks about the repeater, which is consistency on a day in and day out basis, whether it be on or off the tennis court or wherever it is. It's just having the same repetition of good habits and good preparation and good quality points over and over and over.

Q. What is your plan from here?

RYAN HARRISON: Playing doubles later today. We'll see how that goes. Hopefully win some matches. Any match here, any match at any slam that's won is good, whether it's singles, doubles, mixed, triples, whatever. If you win matches at slams, it's fine. Not just fine, it's awesome.

I'm going to try to do as well as I can in doubles, go back and play Newport, which is the last grass tournament, and then get start getting ready for the U.S. hard court swing and hopefully peak at the US Open.

Q. How tall are you exactly?

RYAN HARRISON: 6'1".

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 49656.html

#18 29-06-2011 11:44:14

jaccol55

Administrator

#19 30-06-2011 16:56:15

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ryan Harrison Itching to Fill the American Void

LONDON (Reuters) - Mardy Fish bowed out to world number one Rafa Nadal in the quarter-finals on Wednesday to end American interest in the Wimbledon singles but in the shape of Ryan Harrison the U.S. has hope for the future.

The 19-year-old is poised to move up by around 20 places from his latest ranking of 122nd and after a five-set tussle with seventh seed David Ferrer in the second round he is brimming with confidence. "I can play with anyone if I'm playing well," he told Reuters. "I feel like my game has the firepower to play with anyone. I've had a couple of matches, against Roger (Federer) at Indian Wells I had some chances in the tiebreak," he said of his 7-6 6-3 loss to the 16-times grand slam champion in March. "Then against (Robin) Soderling at the French Open I had some chances in the fourth set to push a fifth set, so I've had some good matches against guys in the top 10."

Compatriots above Harrison in the rankings include American number one and ninth-ranked Fish and 2003 U.S. Open champion and his mentor Andy Roddick. While fully aware Harrison has a long way to go, Roddick said the youngster has what it takes to revitalise the game in the U.S. "He's got ability. He's got to harness that energy a little bit. He goes a little mental sometimes. That's coming from me," joked the world number 10. "I think it's between the ears at this point. He cares so much about winning and losing, which I don't think we've had enough of, frankly, in the States as far as the up-and-coming players."

QUICK MOVER
Players at the summit of the modern game have outstanding fitness levels and Harrison took pleasure from proving his athleticism during the gruelling test against Ferrer. "If I compare myself to the top four it's going to come off as extremely arrogant. These guys have proven themselves time and time again," he said. "I feel like I'm a quick mover, like I'm fast, and I have pretty good confidence in my athleticism. I was moving with Ferrer, and he's considered one of the best movers, so I feel as though the movement is not going to be a problem for me," Harrison added. "Hopefully, not before long I'll make a real move into the top 20 or top 10 in the world. I'm playing the highest level of tennis which is where I want to be."

Harrison seems to have the assured demeanour of a top sportsman and he said the Wimbledon run of peer Bernard Tomic would bring out his competitive edge. "When you have peers who are having success the next step is to get in front of them," Harrison said of Australian 18-year-old qualifier Tomic's march to the quarter-finals. "Tomic has a big year, so obviously that's going to motivate me to play as well as I can and have that extra motivation on days where you wake up and just don't feel like going to practice and don't feel like doing the extra hour in the gym. "If you're competitive you want to do as well as you can for yourself but you also want to beat your peers." As Federer, Soderling and Ferrer have found out recently, it's not only Harrison's peers that need to look over their shoulders as several new faces begin to make their mark.

Harrison cannot wait until the hardcourt swing begins after Wimbledon, culminating in his home grand slam at the U.S. Open. "I grew up playing on hard so it's going to be the best major for me," he said. "I'm looking forward to my next opportunity." Judging from his Indian Wells performance this year where he powered past then 49th-ranked Jeremy Chardy, world number 25 Guillermo Garcia-Lopez and Milos Raonic (37) to meet Federer in the last 16, Harrison likes a home crowd.

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2011/06/ … ref=tennis

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#20 04-07-2011 23:19:52

jaccol55

Administrator

Najwyższa pozycja w karierze: 101

Stopka forum

RSS