* mtenis.pun.pl - forum tenisowe, Tenis ATP

mtenis.pun.pl - forum fanów tenisa ATP

Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

• Index
  •  » ATP Tour
  •  » Novak Djokovic i Andy Murray, czyli razem, młodzi przyjaciele!

#1 29-01-2011 22:16:23

Robertinho

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer forever

Novak Djokovic i Andy Murray, czyli razem, młodzi przyjaciele!

Murray v Djokovic: The new classic encounter

The classic Federer v Nadal final we all expected has been replaced by what might become one of the future classics of Grand Slam final tennis: Murray v Djokovic.

They're both 23 years old, they're both very ambitious, and they're both among the players who never got discouraged by the outstanding domination of Roger and Rafa.

Sure, sometimes it looked like it was getting to them. They've suffered and even got depressed about it, as Murray did this time last year when he lost a second Grand Slam final against Federer.

But they've been improving and improving again. They're still on the rise. They know they've been able to get this far despite the presence of the Swiss and the Spaniard.

But which of them will come out on top?

This final is very open. If Murray wins, it would finally give him his first major title. It's a victory that could set him free and help his career into a new dimension.

The Scotsman is a unique talent, but he's been hampered by playing in the shadow of the two giants, and the extra confidence that would come from winning a first Grand Slam would transform his career.

The Serbian, meanwhile, has already begun his journey to the very top. The second half of 2010 saw him reach the US Open final, beating Roger Federer along the way, and then following it up with a nice indoor season that was capped off by a Davis Cup triumph in which Nole was decisive.

It's incredible how much Djokovic and Murray have in common.

They're also friends, having knowing each other for many years and regularly training together. Being the same age, they regularly faced each other in the youth tournaments, like in the Petits As final in Tarbes. They know each others' games backwards - and have done for years.

There's more to it that that, though. They're both counter-punchers, really efficient on the longer points, but both able to bring a point to a head when an opportunity arises.

Both have great serves and are among the best in the world when it comes to returning. And both have built very high fitness levels and can defend their ground like no one else.

With so much common ground, let's take a look at the areas where one or other player should have the edge - then see the four things which will decide the match.

Advantage Djokovic

Djokovic has the edge over the Scotsman on several different levels.

Physically, I think he's even fitter because his body is perfectly suited for this sport. He's slender, explosive and very flexible.

If the match goes on and reaches five sets, I'll give an advantage to the Serbian. I think he'll be able to stay fresher if it happens. Andy, despite top-level training, is heavier and more muscular. We should get lots of long rallies in this match and physical abilities will be crucial.

On top of that, Nole is playing the best tennis of his career. He's fresh from that Davis Cup victory, which brought him an amazing confidence. He feels very strong, maybe stronger than ever.

And I've always been struck by his determination. He believes in his abilities, he's ready to fulfil his ambitions is convinced nothing can withstand him. I'm convinced that within a few years he will become the number one player in the world. It'll happen as soon as the two great champions in front of him slow down a bit and so leave him some space. His eagerness to bring that day forward as quickly as possible will give him an edge.

His experience will also give him an advantage over Murray. Andy has played two Grand Slams finals but has failed to convert them into victories, whereas Nole has a win under his belt and won't feel the same pressure.

Advantage Murray

Undoubtedly, in my opinion, the Scotsman has the edge when it comes to comparing the players' overall games.

Andy is amazingly gifted, able to pull off shots and movements that are unique in the game. He can play some magical tennis, and that will give him a huge advantage because he knows he has the ability to turn a match around. At any given moment he knows he is capable of transforming a match with four outstanding shots.

Furthermore, his game has more variety. He can hurt his opponent at any time with a single shot, and he can speed up the game like no one else - especially on his backhand.

Andy is also probably a better server than Novak - though the Scotsman struggles sometimes with his timing. If he starts tossing too far ahead he will see his first serve percentage falling, but if everything is working as it should he can fall back on his serve. It's a crushing shot, something that often gets him out of tough spots.

The four deciding factors

1. Aggressiveness will be crucial. As I mentioned earlier, both players are counter-punchers: they like to make the opponent expose himself before striking. But in this final, the player who dictates the points will have the advantage of being able to tire his opponent out.

Finals are usually won by the player who tried the hardest. You have to avoid rushing, but you must try to dominate: avoid shyness and embrace ambition. Both their natures often push them towards playing neutral tennis, but during this final it will be out of question.

2. First serve percentage will be critical. They're both great servers - but are both equally good at returning the ball. It won't be easy to hold serve in this match, and whichever of them can keep hammering the first serves in will have a chance to take a breather, and give them the luxury of taking risks on the opponent's service games. This is going to be one of the main things of this final.

3. Fitness could also be a turning point. In a Grand Slam, players always have to be ready to go to five sets, and given that we can expect a lot of long and intense rallies in this final it could make for an epic.

Both players will have many chances to take the advantage, or get back into things, and staying fresh enough to remain lucid and choose the right shots on key points will be hugely important. If the match goes to five sets - a distinct possibility - the ability to deal with that unique pressure could be decisive.

4. Finally, there's the mental game. A final is often won in the head, with the space between the ears determining the quality of performance. Mental strength will also help them through the inevitable periods of suffering players face in a Grand Slam final. And both will have to believe utterly in their ability to beat the other.

What we will see

Andy will be very focused on his serve. He knows he has to put a lot of first serves in. Both players will try to turn around their backhand after their first serve in order to win the point in two shots.

We should get a great backhands battle, this shot being a favourite for both. But Novak shouldn't get into these exchanges too often, because I think it's an area where Andy is better than him.

The Serbian will have to open up the game with his forehand, which he can use to speed things up and end the points quicker.

Andy will have to be wary, because when Nole opens up the game the Scotsman will have just one chance to strike. Djokovic will go for the Scotsman's forehand, because Andy is sometimes not that comfortable on that side.

Meanwhile, Murray will try to keep Novak pinned down on his backhand in order to make the most of his famous backhand down the line.

If both players can hold their own serves, they'll go on the offensive with each other's second serves, and use every chance they can get to put the pressure on.

Guys - best of luck to both of you!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/pa … icle/1161/

Analiza ta znalazła się również w wątku AO, ale sprawa zasługuje na oddzielny temat. Dwaj gracze będący naturalnymi, z racji wieku, talentu i potencjału, sukcesorami Feda i Nadala. Czy wreszcie dojrzeli? Czy dadzą radę wyjść z cienia wielkich mistrzów, co osiągną i wreszcie który osiągnie więcej? Zapraszam do dyskusji i głosowania w ankiecie.

Wątek założyłem celowo jeszcze przed finałem Australian Open, abyśmy się przesadnie nie sugerowali wynikiem tego spotkania.

Ostatnio edytowany przez Robertinho (29-01-2011 22:19:29)

#2 29-01-2011 23:12:14

FEDEER

Federasta

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer FOREVER

Re: Novak Djokovic i Andy Murray, czyli razem, młodzi przyjaciele!

Ja bym raczej stawiał na Novaka.

Roger F e d e r e r    -    G O A T
MTT:  W Memphis '11
          Final: Sztokholm '10, Cincinnati '10, Estoril '11, Nicea '11, Halle '11
          QF: Shanghai '10, Paryż - Bercy '10, Brisbane '11, Sydney '11, AUSTRALIAN OPEN '11, San Jose '11, Madryt '11, Los Angeles '11

#3 29-01-2011 23:27:05

Bizon

siła spokoju

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Cóż, gdyby Andy'emu udało się jutro wygrać, to jestem w stanie schylić się ku niemu. W momencie gdy wygra Szlema, zejdzie z niego gigantyczna presja, która zawsze na nim ciąży przed rozpoczęciem każdego Wielkoszlemowego turnieju. Gdy wygra Djokovic, a Szkot przegra trzeci finał Szlema prawdopodobnie będzie miał jeszcze większego kaca jak po zeszłorocznym AO. W dodatku Serb z dorobkiem dwóch Szlemów będzie miał nad nim dużą przewagę.

Ja jednak liczę na to, że pojawi się szybko w rozgrywkach jakiś nowy mistrz, najlepiej dwóch (koniecznie z USA i Australii ), bo jakoś ciężko mi zaakceptować za parę lat dominacje tych dwóch panów

Ostatnio edytowany przez Bizon (29-01-2011 23:28:51)

MTT Singiel : (Rank-2)

W : Los Angeles 08, Dubaj 09, New Heaven 09, Bangkok 09, Pekin 09, Madryt 10, Roland Garros 10, Barcelona 11, Madryt 11, Roland Garros 11
F  : Olympic Games 08, Bangkok 08, s'Hertogenbosch 10, Wimbledon 10, Los Angeles 10, Memphis 11

#4 30-01-2011 21:46:22

Serenity

User

Djokovic.

Murray to nie materiał na wygrywanie w Szlemach. A najczęściej wielkich zawodników poznaje się po ilości wygranych Szlemów.

#5 31-01-2011 10:33:51

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Djoković.

Od dłuższego czasu słyszymy zdania, że Murray jest bardziej utalentowany, ja jednak nie mam co do tego pewności. Nie chcę się rozwodzić i rozkładać na czynniki pierwsze słowa "talent", bo to jest temat-rzeka, można naprawdę pisać o tym do końca sezonu i jeszcze dłużej. Myślę, że w przypadku Murraya sporą rolę odgrywa to, jak kreują go media. Ma bardzo silne wsparcie brytyjskiej prasy, przez co ludzie być może oceniają go dużo korzystniej niż Serba. Niby powinno być odwrotnie, ale w tym przypadku bywa różnie - z jednej strony mamy zlanego chłopca w finale WS, z drugiej się nam klaruje, że to TNO.
O jego treningach górskich  z Michaelem Johnsonem pisano legendy, podczas, gdy fakt znaczne wzmocnienia fizycznego/kondycyjnego Djokovicia był pomijany, częściej bolało obserwatorów, że Serb wygrywa grając słabo. Tutaj dochodzimy do punktu kluczowego - psychiki. Nole ma jeden z najmocniejszych "łbów" w ATP Tour. Nie kibicuję mu zazwyczaj, ale oglądam jego mecze. Ilość trudnych, często beznadziejnych sytuacji w jakie się pakował przerażała, a mimo to radził sobie w nimi znakomicie, w większości przypadków nie mając takiej pomocy, jak serwis. Djoković potrafi wykorzystywać szanse, jaki się przed nim otworzą, Murray tylko wtedy, jak czuje, że jest w znakomitej formie.

Wielu z nas ma przed oczyma znakomitego Szkota z półfinału USO08 z Nadalem, ale mało kto pamięta o agresywnym, efektownie grającym Novaku Djokoviciu z roku 2007. Obaj mają swoje mocne i słabe strony, ale Serb to dużo równiejszy tenisista. Sam fakt, że tyle osiągnął (co w erze Nadala i Federera nie jest łatwe) jest bardzo wymowny. 2 szlemy, 2 finały wielkoszlemowe, 5 mastersów, Turniej Mistrzów, długie lata w Top-4 - tego się w prezencie nie dostaje, tym bardziej, że mówimy o człowieku, który odegrał główną rolę w zdobyciu przez swój kraj Pucharu Davisa.

Panowie są równolatkami, dzieli ich tydzień czasu (obaj urodzeni w 2 połowie maja), na stan obecny Novak jest moim zdaniem dużo bardziej dojrzałym graczem, mocniejszym psychicznie, bardziej utytułowanym i mimo wszystko z większymi perspektywami. Chciałbym się mylić, ale trudno mi sobie wyobrazić, aby Murray poczynił w przyszłości jakieś gigantyczne postępy w grze. On właśnie teraz marnuje swój najlepszy czas w karierze. Właśnie, marnuje czy może jest po prostu za słabym graczem, którego szczyt możliwości to bilans setów 0-9 w finałach WS w wieku 24 lat?

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#6 31-01-2011 13:55:35

jaccol55

Administrator

Djokovic.

Tę opcję zaznaczyłem jeszcze przed wczorajszym finałem.

Andy'emu może pomóc zmiana trenera, który by mu wpoił, że należy grać agresywnie, a nie pasywnie. Może Fedowi podprowadzi Annacone'a? Psycholog też by się przydał.

Djoko - jeśli zdrowie dopisuje, to jest w stanie grać wielki tenis, godny człowieka z dwoma Szlemami. Mam nadzieję, że będzie w stanie utrzymać wysoką formę przez dłuższy okres czasu i nastraszy trochę Feda oraz Rafę.

#7 01-02-2011 00:08:51

muto

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafael Nadal

Zaznaczyłem Djokovicia. Wiem, że niniejszym Ameryki nie odkryłem.

#8 01-02-2011 11:25:25

Jules

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Djoko, przede wszystkim ma głowę do wygrywania ważnych pojedynków.

#9 01-02-2011 12:42:54

Widzu

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafael Nadal

Zdecydowanie Djoko. Bardzo szybko dorósł do wygrywania WS, a Murray jeszcze będzie musiał na to poczekać. Nie wierze za kilka lat w dominacje Szkota podczas WS nie nie:)

#10 03-02-2011 13:26:41

Pitny

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Lleyton Hewitt

Novak Djoković.

MTT
W: Davis Cup 2010, Monte Carlo 2011,Rzym 2011
F: Hamburg 2010, Moskwa 2010, Doha 2011, Rotterdam 2011

• Index
  •  » ATP Tour
  •  » Novak Djokovic i Andy Murray, czyli razem, młodzi przyjaciele!

Stopka forum

RSS