Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#21 22-03-2010 20:23:28

Art

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Re: Ivan Ljubicić

Ivan groźny po latach

12 lat kariery, 642 mecze, kilka tysięcy asów, 75 występów na Masters, żona, dom, dziecko, pieluchy - tyle trzeba było, żeby Ivan Ljubicić wygrał w Indian Wells.
Wspaniałe uczucie - uśmiechał się w niedzielę sensacyjny triumfator prestiżowej imprezy w Kalifornii (pula nagród 3,6 mln dol.). Chorwat pokonał w finale 7:6 (7-3), 7:6 (7-5) Andy'ego Roddicka, odebrał czek na 605 tys. dol. i wszedł do historii tenisa. Jako 31-latek wygrał bowiem swój pierwszy w karierze turniej z serii Masters. Żadnemu weteranowi taka sztuka się dotąd nie udała. Jeśli już ktoś triumfował w tym najważniejszym po Szlemach cyklu, to zazwyczaj dużo wcześniej albo wcale. Ostatnim zwycięzcą w Indian Wells z trzydziestką na karku był utytułowany Andre Agassi. Jedynym starszym od Ljubicicia - Jimmy Connors w 1984 r. Też z workiem tytułów na plecach.

Chorwat grał w Kalifornii wprost fenomenalnie. W drodze po tytuł pokonał m.in. Novaka Djokovicia (ATP 2) i Rafaela Nadala (4). Rywali niszczył w tradycyjny dla siebie sposób - atomowym serwisem, ale dokładał do tego ostrą grę w ofensywie.

Wcześniejsze trzy próby wspinaczki na Masters były nieudane. W 2005 r. w finale w Madrycie przegrał z Nadalem, a w Paryżu z Tomasem Berdychem. Rok później w Miami uległ Rogerowi Federerowi. Zajmował wtedy przez chwilę najwyższe w karierze trzecie miejsce na świecie.

Ostatnio sprawiał wrażenie człowieka, który od tenisa raczej się już oddala. W 2008 r. zdecydował się z żoną Aidą na dziecko. Odpuszczał treningi przez liczne kontuzje, ale też żeby więcej przebywać z rodziną. Prężnie działał tylko charytatywnie na rzecz olimpiad specjalnych, wspomagając upośledzonych umysłowo sportowców.

Odrodzenie przyszło nagle i sam Ljubicić, który jako 12-letni chłopak uciekał przed wojną z Bośni, nie potrafił odpowiedzieć, dlaczego nastąpiło akurat teraz. - Ivan uporządkował swoje życie i jest szczęśliwy. Od tego do dobrej formy jest tylko jeden krok - mówił włoski trener Ricardo Piatti, który pracuje z Chorwatem nieprzerwanie od 1997 r.

Ostatnim tenisistą spoza dwudziestki ATP, który triumfował w Masters, był w 2007 r. Argentyńczyk David Nalbandian, w 2007 r. Ljubicić dzięki zwycięstwu przesunął się na 13. miejsce. Do najlepszej dwudziestki wrócił po ponad dwóch latach. - I nie powiedziałem jeszcze ostatniego słowa - mówił w Indian Wells. Wypomniano mu wtedy, że gdy Federerowi urodziły się dzieci, Ljubicić był pierwszym, który przestrzegał: - Nie dasz rady, to inny świat.

- Zmieniłem zdanie. Da się wytrzymać - uśmiechał się teraz.

http://www.sport.pl/tenis/1,64987,76901 … atach.html

#22 22-03-2010 20:27:13

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Konferencja prasowa z Bossem:

Q. You were gracious on court when you spoke about Andy, but some people sort of dismiss his game as just power only. Could you talk about what he brings to the sport of tennis and what you value, what you see?

IVAN LJUBICIC: Exactly what I said. I mean, the amount of energy, the amount of effort he gives not only to every match, but to every practice session that he hits is just remarkable.

I knew I'm talking to my physio, my coach and everybody, and I still feel like both Andy and I are playing at the moment better tennis than when we had our best rankings.

I mean, I think he's playing much better tennis than when he was No. 1 in the world in 2003. I think I'm playing better tennis now than in 2006 when I was No. 3 in the world.

It's just that these young guys are incredibly fit and good. The fact that he is there in top 10 for 30 years or that's exaggerating, but it's there for a long, long, long time. A lot of people would say only with the serve, but that's not true.

You can't be top 10 for 10 years only with the serve. He's incredible competitor, and I'm of course Roger is my friend, but I really feel sorry for Andy not winning that Wimbledon.

Because as I deserved to have won one Masters 1000 title, he definitely deserves to have one Wimbledon title. He is after Roger the best grass court player that we have in this generation.

And this question is mine:

Q. You speak with a lot of respect for Andy Roddick; you call Roger Federer your friend. In the past in tennis, relationships between players have often been much more fractious. We hear Nadal speak of Federer and Federer speak well of his fellow players. What do you attribute the change in atmosphere to?

IVAN LJUBICIC: I think there's huge respect between us. I mean, I don't know what was happening before and why the guys were not respectful to each other, or if that's actually true. Because I'm not sure.

Of course, you know, I was really close to Goran, so he was very respectful for some guys, but not for all of them.

But the fact is that I think Roger himself brings a lot, you know, of that to all of us. I mean, he kind of the fact that he won the Stefan Edberg Award for so many years that's been voted by the players as the most fair player on tour, being No. 1, kind of guys, young guys how to behave in the locker room, on court, you know, in the press room.

He's the leader. Obviously he's our leader. I think, you know, because we have him as a leader we all try to respect each other. I think Rafa and him showed a lot how, you know, two champions should, you know, respect each other.

I just respect everybody out there. I think, you know, whoever is there is there for a reason, and everybody's different. We all know that. But doesn't mean that you shouldn't like somebody or shouldn't respect that.

I think it's great actually to have different personalities like Roger, Rafa, Novak, and Andy, all four of them even Andy Murray; he's different. Everybody's different.

I mean, for myself, I can only talk for myself. My life learned me I should respect everybody because everybody's different. That's the way it is at the moment.

I don't know if next generation is gonna be like that, but I think we should be proud of what we have in the locker room at the moment.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#23 27-03-2010 14:57:04

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

http://i40.tinypic.com/e7bifq.jpg

Koszmarna kontuzja Ivana Ljubicica ponoć. Na korcie było bardzo dramatycznie, Chorwat ponoć leżał 15 minut na korcie, nie mogąc się podnieść. Ból pojawił się po jednym z potężnych serwisów. Zabolało w dolnych okolicach pleców. Nie jest dobrze.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#24 04-09-2010 23:01:55

Serenity

User

US Open 2010 - wywiad po porażce w 1 rundzie

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Was the serve the biggest problem?

IVAN LJUBICIC: No.

Q. What was the biggest problem?

IVAN LJUBICIC: The weather. The weather was my biggest enemy today. I mean, throughout my career I struggled with the heat. I'm not really coping really well with that, and I tried all kind of different tactics to deal with it. I never find the right one. So today was no different. Then everything else just comes together. I mean, I was not returning well, serving well, and Ryan was on top of his game. When everything gets together, it was pretty comfortable win for him.

Q. What is your issue with the heat? Do you sweat too much?

IVAN LJUBICIC: I sweat a lot, and I just feel really bad. I mean, I can't move, I can't it's just it gets to me really quickly actually. Already in the first set I was struggling with it. It's really physical problem.

Q. Would you be in favor of a heat rule for the men?

IVAN LJUBICIC: I would be in favor of indoor tour altogether, if you ask me. (Laughter.)

Q. No, but seriously, would you...

IVAN LJUBICIC: No, I mean, we saw some players struggling big time, and there is like comments say it's the same thing for everybody, but really not. Somebody is struggling more than others, and I think it's just not fun. I think people out there are coming to see good tennis, and, you know, days like this, it's all about everything except tennis, you know. It's just trying to hang in there and hit some balls more on the court than the other guy or other girl, whoever plays.

Q. Would a break help, 10 minute break?

IVAN LJUBICIC: A break doesn't really help. Australia they have a pretty good rule. When it's too hot, you just don't play. I think that's something that it's sensitive. Now it's where is the limit, that's something that you, you know, the officials need to decide. But, again, some tournaments we have it; some tournaments we don't. When we don't, we have to deal with it, who can, who cannot. That's it. Life goes on.

Q. Hardcourts make it worse?

IVAN LJUBICIC: Definitely. I mean, the concrete, it's just brutal. I mean, you get heat not from not only from the sky, but also from the bottom. So it's definitely not helping.

Q. You've faced him before. What does he do well? He seems to mix it up pretty well.

IVAN LJUBICIC: We played at Indian Wells, but the conditions there are very different. It was much slower court, and it was easier for me to handle him from the baseline. Today was very quick court, and then he played definitely more solid today than he was in Indian Wells. He's 18 year old kid. He definitely is gonna play every day better and better.

Q. Here in the States, we're always looking for the next great player. He's 18 and one of the kids that's talked about. Obviously it's hard to gauge somebody's potential at 18.

IVAN LJUBICIC: I'm really not good in that. I would never say that some top guys did what they did, and other way around. So I would really try not to make any comments of that. But he's definitely good, good player. I mean, he qualified here, which is, I think, great for him. You know, not just to get wildcards left and right whenever he needs and really try to struggle through the quallies. That definitely helped him for today's match, as well.

Q. Are you playing next year? Have you made that decision?

IVAN LJUBICIC: I haven't made that decision yet, no.

Q. Is it in the balance, or how's it looking for you at this point?

IVAN LJUBICIC: I don't know. If I find the right motivation to work hard and go back there and compete, I will. But, I mean, you know, it's not like I'm thinking about it. I just want to do this season and then take a nice, long break and then see what then, you know. There's time to make those decisions.

Q. Do you think if you hadn't won at Indian Wells that that decision would be kind of made by now?

IVAN LJUBICIC: I wouldn't think that I would or I'm gonna make that decision based on my performance. It's just really about motivation, if you're able to go out there and work hard other than play. Because playing, it's never a problem. It's really, you know, that December workout for four, five weeks that you basically never touch the ball and you have to do all the physical work. That's something that it's -- you gonna feel it. I think you gonna feel it if you're up or not for the next season. So we'll see.

Q. You're a veteran. I'm wondering if through the years the amount of hair gel players are using has increased.

IVAN LJUBICIC: Well, it's definitely a problem. (Laughter.) No, the guys are it's difficult. The older you get, the more difficult it is, of course.

Q. But are you surprised? I mean, when you came on tour, did you see that there was as much use of that as there is today?

IVAN LJUBICIC: No. Well, depends of the mentality of the player. Doesn't really mean you know, some guys are really careful how they look. The others don't. So it's up to them. For me, it's not about a look, but it's not like I have something to play with. (Laughter.)

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interv … 36197.html

#25 29-10-2010 20:45:46

jaccol55

Administrator

29.10.2010r. - 400 zwycięstwo Ivana w karierze!

Ivan Ljubicic odnosi swoje 400 zwycięstwo w Tourze. Nieszczęśnikiem, który przegrał w historycznym spotkaniu Ljubo, był Jarko Nieminen z Finlandii. Chorwat wygrał z dobrze dysponowanym w ostatnim okresie przeciwnikiem 4-6 6-3 7-6. Warto dodać, iż 31 letni Chorwat urodzony w Banja Luce, w trakcie meczu musiał zmagać się nie tylko z przeciwnikiem, ale również z gasnącymi reflektorami. W 3 secie przy stanie 3-2 dla Nieminena i serwisie Ljubicicia w nowo wybudowanej hali zgasło światło. Panowie musieli poczekać kilka minut na rozpoczęcie spotkania. Kto wie, może właśnie ta przerwa dodała Ivanowi sił na wygranie końcówki - jak się potem okazało - historycznego spotkania w jego karierze?

Gratulacje!

#26 15-12-2010 23:45:39

jaccol55

Administrator

The Last Word: ATP No. 17, Ivan Ljubicic

http://www.tennis.com/articles/articlefiles/9281-il.jpg
No one could stop Ljubicic at Indian Wells.

Best of 2010
Ljubicic amassed 1,965 ranking points this season, and over half of them were earned at one tournament—Indian Wells. The veteran eased into the event with a bye and wins over Ryan Harrison and Brian Dabul, then took out four big boys—Novak Djokovic, Juan Monaco, Rafael Nadal and Andy Roddick—to claim his first Masters shield.

Worst of 2010

Harrison exacted revenge on Ljubicic when they met five months later at the U.S. Open. The young American won in four sets as Ljubicic suffered his second consecutive first-round loss at a Slam. At Wimbledon, he was upset by Michal Przysiezny in straights.

Year in Review

Aside from a late-season push (semis of Beijing, semis of Stockholm, final of Montpellier) and his unlikely title run in Indian Wells, it was a forgettable season for Ljubicic. But no one will remember the summertime losses. They’ll instead recall Ljubicic’s moment in the sun, when even Rafa couldn't rattle him. Ljubicic is the Francesca Schiavone of the ATP tour, with less hair. It all came together for her in Paris, just like it did for the Croat in California.

See for Yourself

Ljubicic used his massive serve and formidable groundstrokes to work wonders against Nadal, his toughest opponent at Indian Wells:

The Last Word
As he proved this spring, Ljubicic is still a tough out when his shots find their marks. He possesses a deceptively strong one-handed backhand and can unload with his forehand and serve. He’ll never be reliable in best-of-five set action: He turns 32 in March, and his opponents get enough time to figure him out. But on a fast court, in best-of-three set play, Ljubicic can’t be taken lightly.

—Ed McGrogan

http://www.tennis.com/articles/template … 1&zoneid=9

#27 24-12-2010 17:10:47

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

2010 w liczbach

Ranking: 17
Tytuły: 1 (Indian Wells)
Finały: 1 (Montpellier)
Bilans gier: 26-19
Zarobki: $1,251,619

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#28 31-05-2011 16:30:28

Serenity

User

RG 2011 - konferencja po porażce w 4 rundzie.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/multi … 001e2.html

#29 07-06-2011 21:08:25

jaccol55

Administrator

#30 26-06-2011 08:57:18

jaccol55

Administrator

Stopka forum

RSS