Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#1 24-06-2010 12:50:51

asiek

User

Nicolas Mahut

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Play … Mahut.aspx
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/06_02/mahutDMp691806_468x404.jpg
http://www.sport24.com/var/plain_site/storage/images/tennis/wimbledon/actualites/59-59-in-croy-able-!-392541/6847800-1-fre-FR/59-59-IN-CROY-ABLE_actus.jpg

Nicolas Mahut (ur. 21 stycznia 1982  w Angers, Francja), zawodowy tenisista francuski.

W roku 2000 został mistrzem juniorskiego Wimbledonu w grze pojedynczej. W meczu finałowym pokonał Mario Ančicia.

W zawodowym tourze największe sukcesy odnosił głównie w grze deblowej, w parze ze swoim rodakiem Julienem Benneteau. W singlu najwyżej notowany był na 40. miejscu (stan na 18 lutego 2008). W 2007 roku dwukrotnie dotarł do finału imprezy z cyklu ATP Tour: Londyn/Queen's Club (11 czerwca) i Newport (9 lipca), co jak dotychczas stanowi największe osiągnięcie w jego karierze w grze pojedynczej.

wikipedia.pl

Rekordzista w najdłuższym mecz powinien mieć swój temat W związku z historycznym wyczynem coraz więcej w mediach mówi się o Francuzie. Generalnie jako nieznany ale na swojej stronie ES nazwał go "rzemieślnikiem". Kompletnie pomylili pojęcia, bo mimo dobrego serwisu i dużego wzrostu to Nico z prawdziwą gracją gna do siatki, gdzie popisuje się zabójczo trudnymi technicznie volleyami. Jest wyrafinowanym specjalistą od gry na trawie. Finalista Queens Clubu oraz Newport.

#2 26-06-2010 14:17:34

Serenity

User

Re: Nicolas Mahut

Miserable Mahut forced to grin and bear it

Finally it came came to a conclusion at teatime on Thursday when with one last backhand John Isner won 6-4, 3-6, 6-7, 7-6, 70-68. It will not come as a shock to anyone to learn that the match is the longest ever played. Heck - the last set was longer than the previous LME (longest match ever). When Fabrice Santoro and Arnaud Clement spent six hours and 33 minutes settling their differences at the French Open in 2004, we all gasped. But that was no more than a jog in the park compared to Isner and Nicolas Mahut. They took eight hours and 11 minutes just to complete the fifth set.

When they were called off court as darkness fell on Wednesday night, word was spreading like wildfire. This was a moment of history and everyone wanted to be a part of it. England had qualified from the group stages of the World Cup that afternoon but it was not the main topic of conversation - what was occupying the minds of the Wimbledon faithful was how they were going to get a seat on Court 18 on Thursday.

One American journalist had left the match on Wednesday in order to go up to Wimbledon Village to watch the football in the pub. When he came back, he could not believe that the two were still going strong. He still could not believe it when they took another 65 minutes and 20 games to settle matters on Thursday.

Trying to get anywhere near the court was almost impossible. Every seat was taken and every vantage point was packed. The roof of the Broadcast Centre which overlooks the court, was heaving with TV folk and more than a few souls who did not seem to have any connection to the media at all. The walkways round about were packed tight with anxious faces trying to get a glimpse of history in the making and the security guards were doing their best to repel the masses but it was King Canute trying to tell the tide to go back - utterly hopeless.

Up in the BBC commentary box, Ronald McIntosh was doing his first stint behind the SW19 microphones. The bosses had thought that would "ease him in" with a "minor match" on a smallish show court. It was his first gig in Wimbledon but by the end of the three days, he was already a veteran tennis broadcaster and was coming up for his long service medal.

But it was a strange place to be, out on court 18. The crowd obviously wanted someone to win - this week, preferably - but they really did not want anyone to lose. And by the look of Isner, who had looked absolutely whacked for the last five hours of the match, he would have to be put on suicide watch if the result did not go his way.

When it did finally end, it was Mahut who looked inconsolable. He hid his head in a towel for what seemed like an eternity as the applause echoed around the stands. He had given his all and after three days he had come second. He could hardly bear it. Isner stood and applauded him and encouraged the crowd to cheer the beaten Frenchman. It did not work - Mahut was going to take a lot of cheering up.

The All England Club, bless them, had organised a little presentation ceremony. This historic moment should not go unmarked and so, wheeling out Tim Henman and Ann Jones, they gave a pile of prezzies to both players and to the umpire, Mohamed Lahyani (it was a crystal bowl and some champagne flutes, in case you were wondering).

Poor Mahut, he looked as if he wanted to be anywhere on earth but out there on Court 18. Still, he took it well and as the crowd gave him the loudest cheer of all, he finally spoke. "At this moment, it's really painful," he said. "But it was amazing to play these three days. We played the greatest tennis match ever at the greatest place to play tennis."

"It stinks that someone has to lose," Isner said. "To share this day with him is a real honour. I can only wish him the very best and that hope that we'll meet down the road sometime. But hopefully it won't go to 70-68."

That was when the man from the Beeb reminded Isner that he was due on court for doubles on half an hour. "That's kind of a mean joke, right there," Isner said. "We'll go back to the locker room and we'll see what happens." By the sounds of it, his partner, Sam Querrey, might be somewhat underemployed in the doubles this week.

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/art … 39521.html

#3 26-06-2010 15:48:14

Art

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Mahut offered Club Med holiday to recharge

French tennis hero Nicolas Mahut has been offered a free holiday in Mauritius by Club Med after losing the longest match in history to American John Isner at Wimbledon.

The three-day first-round affair which ended 70-68 in the fifth set will never be duplicated in the record books.

Mahut was offered a restful sojourn at the flagship resort of the French resort firm, with a spokesman adding tactfully: "We will understand if he doesn't visit the tennis courts!”

Mahut, a qualifier ranked 148, said that he and Isner now have a tennis bond for life after setting the record on Wimbledon's court 18. "This is just a match I will never forget. I hope the people who watched the match will think the same," said Mahut, disappointed with the loss after a total of more than 11 hours on court and a fifth set which lasted eight hours, 11 minutes.

"I lost this match, I just wanted to win. He was just better than me. It's really painful to lose this kind of match."

The 215 aces (112 for Isner, 103 for Mahut) unleashed by the pair, set a record of a combined 215 for the match which refused to end.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20100 … o_recharge

#4 29-06-2010 13:38:44

Serenity

User

Mahut Receives Newport Wild Card

In addition, the record-shattering Frenchman will personally deliver memorabilia from the longest match in tennis history to be displayed in the Museum at the International Tennis Hall of Fame.

Nicolas Mahut, who competed in the record-breaking longest match in tennis history at Wimbledon last week, has received a wild card to compete in the Campbell's Hall of Fame Tennis Championships, an ATP World Tour event, to be held July 5 - 11 at the International Tennis Hall of Fame in Newport, R.I.

Buy Tickets

This will be Mahut's fifth appearance in Newport, where he was a finalist in 2007. While in Newport, Mahut will present the Museum at the International Tennis Hall of Fame with memorabilia from the monumental match between himself and John Isner, which lasted 11 hours and 5 minutes and spanned 183 games, shattering all previous records for the longest matches in history. The memorabilia will be displayed in the Grand Slam gallery at the Museum, beginning during the tournament week.

"Grass court tennis is a personal favorite of mine and I have always enjoyed my experiences competing in Newport. It is a fantastic tournament in a remarkable venue with great fans. I look forward to returning again this summer, and I am grateful to the tournament committee at Newport for allowing me the opportunity to compete," said Mahut. "Also, the Museum at the International Tennis Hall of Fame is an incredible landmark for tennis. I am humbled and honored to have a piece of history from my career on display alongside memorabilia from the game's greatest stars."

Last week at Wimbledon, Mahut and Isner commenced in what appeared to be an ordinary first round match on Tuesday. "The Match," as it has come to be known around the All England Lawn Tennis Club, went on to be anything but ordinary, with the two players' strong serves and intense performance resulting in a three-day match that captivated fans around the world. In addition to breaking all records for duration of play, the match brought both Mahut and Isner to the top of the record books for the most aces served by a player in any one match, with Isner firing 113 and Mahut serving 103. After three days of play, Isner won the match with an unbelievable final score of 6-4, 3-6, 6-7(7), 7-6(3), 70-68.

"Nicolas is an excellent grass court player and he will certainly add to the competition among our field this year. We are delighted that he will return to Newport," said Mark L. Stenning, CEO and tournament director for the International Tennis Hall of Fame. "In addition, Nicolas' epic match at Wimbledon is a remarkable record in tennis and we are very happy that he has chosen to share memorabilia from the match with tennis fans from around the world by displaying it in the Museum at the International Tennis Hall of Fame."

Mahut is currently ranked No. 148 in the South African Airways 2010 ATP Rankings. In February 2008, he reached a career-high No. 40. Earlier this year, he won the ATP Challenger event in Cherbourg, France. Grass court play has always proven to be a strong suit for Mahut, who has a 24-19 career record on the surface. He led the ATP World Tour in match wins on grass courts in 2006 (10-3) and won the Wimbledon junior title in 2000. Mahut has been a finalist in grass court tournaments two times - Newport and Queen's Club, both in 2007. In addition, he has three ATP World Tour doubles victories to his name (Lyon - 2009 and Metz - 2004, 2003) and has been a finalist three additional times. 

The Campbell's Hall of Fame Tennis Championships is an ATP World Tour event drawing 32 top male players to Newport direct from Wimbledon to compete for the Van Alen Cup and $442,500 in prize money. The player field will be a competitive one this year as it features top-100 players in the top eight seeds and four of the top-10 Americans on the ATP World Tour. Players scheduled to compete in Newport include No. 3 American Sam Querrey, No. 6 American Mardy Fish, defending champion and No. 7 American Rajeev Ram and 2002 champion and No. 8 American Taylor Dent.

Memorabilia from the Mahut - Isner match will be a fitting and exciting addition to the Museum at the International Tennis Hall of Fame. The Museum chronicles the history of tennis from its 14th century origins to present day through an extensive collection of memorabilia, equipment, video, photography, art, fashion and more. The Museum's collection ranges from the original patent for the game, which was issued by Queen Victoria in 1874 to Grand Slam trophies donated by Hall of Famers like Rod Laver and Monica Seles to contemporary pieces, such as the much talked about outfit that Venus Williams wore just a month ago at the 2010 French Open. The Museum is open to the public daily, year-round.

Tickets for the tournament are now available for purchase online through www.tennisfame.com or by calling the Tournament Office at 401-849-6053 or 866-914-FAME (3263).

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … -Card.aspx

#5 04-07-2010 10:49:42

Serenity

User

Mahut Donates Memorabilia To Museum

Nicolas Mahut, who famously battled John Isner  in a record-shattering 11 hour and 5 minute match at Wimbledon  last week, has made a donation of memorabilia from “The Match” to the Museum at the International Tennis Hall of Fame in Newport, R.I. Mahut will make his first return to competition since the epic match at the Campbell's Hall of Fame Tennis Championships, which kicks off on Monday. This will be Mahut’s fifth appearance in Newport, where he was a finalist in 2007.

Mahut talked with International Tennis Hall of Fame CEO Mark Stenning and a crowd of visitors who were touring the Museum about the Wimbledon match that made him a household name. He commented that he was unaware of the worldwide attention around the match, as he was purely focused on the competition.

Mahut signed autographs for fans who commended him for his sportsmanship and assured the crowd that he was well-rested since the match and was eager to return to the courts. He made a donation of a shirt, shorts and one autographed sneaker to the Museum, all of which were worn on the second day of the match. The items will be displayed immediately in the Grand Slam gallery at the Museum, where they may be viewed by visitors.

“The Museum at the International Tennis Hall of Fame is an incredible landmark for the game of tennis. I am humbled and honoured to have a piece of history from my career on display alongside memorabilia from the game’s greatest stars,” said Mahut.

For tickets and information about the Campbell’s Hall of Fame Tennis Championships or about visiting the International Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum, please visit www.tennisfame.com.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … bilia.aspx

#6 15-07-2010 10:21:10

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Q&A with Nicolas Mahut

Even though he lost the longest match in tennis history, Nicolas Mahut came out a winner.

Mahut, 28, made an array of public appearances in his native France, was offered a free holiday to the idyllic island of Mauritius and landed a wild card to this week's Campbell's Hall of Fame Tennis Championships in Newport, R.I. In short, he has gone from relative unknown to nearly household name.

ESPN.com caught up with Mahut by phone two weeks after his 11-hour, five-minute encounter at Wimbledon with American John Isner.

Mahut beat Alejandro Falla in the first round in Newport on Tuesday before falling to Frank Dancevic on Wednesday.

ESPN.com: How manic was it between Wimbledon and Newport?

Nicolas Mahut: It was really amazing. I did three days of nonstop media, press conferences, TV shows and photo shoots. Then I stopped and practiced a little bit.

ESPN.com: How surprised were you about all the attention?

Mahut: It was much more than I expected. Everyone wanted me to talk about the match and what I felt on the court. Again, it was really amazing. I don't know what John did in the U.S., but in France it was pretty big.

ESPN.com: How much have you absorbed what's happened? Is it like a dream?

Mahut: Little by little I'm beginning to realize John and I made history with our match. It wasn't only the length, but also the quality, competitiveness and sportsmanship. I think people liked the match. When the Hall of Fame asked if I could donate some items, and also the Wimbledon Museum … I understand we entered tennis history.

ESPN.com: How long did it take to get over the disappointment of not winning?

Mahut: It was complicated. I was truly sad to lose. If I could play like that for such a long time and play well, it was because I wanted to win at all costs. At one point in the match, I felt indestructible. When I lost, it was obviously cruel.

ESPN.com: Both of you were honored on court after the match. How hard was it to remain on court, given that you probably wanted to make a quick exit?

Mahut: I don't remember the ceremony too well. I remembered it through watching it on television. I don't remember if I congratulated John, I don't remember who was on the court. It was very hard. At the same time, I knew I had to do it, had to congratulate John for what he showed over the three days. But it was as if I was elsewhere.

ESPN.com: What was it like for you in the locker room immediately afterward?

Mahut: I cried a lot, but again, I had very little memories of what happened there. My coach was with me, the physio was with me. I was there for one hour. They helped me take a shower. After an hour, I was a little better.

ESPN.com: How long did it take to recover physically?

Mahut: I didn't really feel tired. It was incredible. My body was really weird. It's only now that I've started to feel it. Mostly since the match, I slept between four and six hours, maximum. Since [Tuesday], I started to sleep for eight hours. Now I've started to feel very tired.

ESPN.com: So, only now is it really hitting you?

Mahut: Yes. I'll try to give it everything in Newport, but I know it will be difficult.

ESPN.com: Despite the fatigue, how excited were you to get back on court in Newport?

Mahut: You know, I played the most incredible match of my career against an extraordinary champion in John. But in the end, I had the same ranking because I lost in the first round -- still 140th in the world. My goal is to get back into the top 100, then the top 50. I have no choice but to start to try to win matches. After the tournament, I'm taking two weeks' holiday.

ESPN.com: Where are you going? Anywhere exotic?

Mahut: I think I'll see my dad and friends. I'll spend a week with friends in the Auvergne (central France). There's a big house near a lake. I'll do some water skiing, play golf and just rest.

ESPN.com: What's the biggest compliment you have received?

Mahut: There are a lot of things. It's incredible. In the U.S., every two minutes someone comes up to me and says, "I've never seen anything like that in my life." Also, the minister of sport [in France] congratulated me. Two things have touched me the most. Parents tell me I'm an example for their kids. That touches me enormously. And also the messages I've gotten from Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer and Mats Wilander, saying I was an example for the sport. Coming from legends like that, it means a lot.

ESPN.com: When you step on court now, how is it different?

Mahut: Now I have my duty to kids. When I get on court, I'm obligated to have a positive attitude and give everything of myself. In some ways it is a duty. But I'm sure it will help me in my career.

Ravi Ubha is a frequent contributor to ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis … id=5363967

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#7 20-07-2010 12:37:31

Serenity

User

The Biggest Loser: Mahut extolled for epic performance

Nicolas Mahut played for 11 hours and five minutes over three days in a first-round match that ended 6-4, 3-6, 6-7 (7), 7-6 (3), 70-68—and earned as much prize money for his effort as Go Soeda, who won just eight games in a straight-sets loss at Wimbledon. Mahut was ultimately undone by John Isner in the longest tennis match in history. But that’s not how anyone who watched even one of the match’s 183 games viewed it afterward.

“Of course, everyone will always ask me what happened during this match,” said Mahut two weeks later at The Hall of Fame Championships in Newport, Rhode Island.

“I know it will stay with me throughout my career. It’s a nice feeling. I thought people would come up to me and say, ‘You lost this match,’ but no, they’re coming to me and saying, ‘I never seen something like this before. It’s just amazing. You both deserved to win.’ It’s just a great feeling.”

The fifth set of the Isner-Mahut marathon alone—138 games in duration—eclipsed the previous record for most games played in a singles match, 112. (In 1969, when Pancho Gonzales beat Charlie Pasarell 22-24, 1-6, 16-14, 6-3, 11-9.) Both men broke the record for most aces in a match (previously 78) with Isner booming 112 and Mahut 103. They played a total of 980 points. For the 28-year-old, 148th-ranked Mahut, no other challenge will ever compare to his Wimbledon war with Isner.

“From what I did at Wimbledon,” said Mahut, “I can’t just come out on the court and say, ‘It’s too hot or I’m getting bad bounces.’ Now nothing’s too difficult after the match I played there. Either you play or you stay in the locker room. You just fight and try to do your best.”

When asked whether he still thinks about the match, Mahut smiled and said, “Every minute. Even when I sleep I’m dreaming about this match, so it’s a crazy story. Sometimes I win when I dream about it.”

Mahut, who won the third set of his second-round qualifying match 24-22 at the same tournament, donated the outfit he wore during the record-smashing affair to the International Tennis Hall of Fame at Newport in a ceremony before the tournament began.

“This match is the best moment of my career, maybe my life, and also the worst,” the 11-year ATP tour veteran said. “It’s still really painful, it really is, but I’m also really proud to be in the Hall of Fame Museum and the Wimbledon Museum.

“I took a picture on my phone, and sent it to my friends, ‘Hey, look, I’m in the Hall of Fame Museum.’ It means a lot to me. To be honest, I feel really thankful when I think about it. It’s an unbelievable feeling.”

http://www.tennis.com/articles/template … 0&zoneid=9

#8 28-08-2010 13:10:35

jaccol55

Administrator

Nicolas Mahut: Oto jak zmieniło się moje życie po Wimbledonie

Apartament w jednym z najlepszych hoteli na Manhattanie i okazywane mu na ulicy uznanie ze strony Amerykanów - Nicolas Mahut przegrał z Johnem Isnerem historyczny mecz w I rundzie Wimbledonu (68:70 w piątym secie), ale zdobył serca kibiców w Stanach Zjednoczonych.
- Gdyby nie tamten mecz, prawdopodobnie i tak bym przyleciał do Nowego Jorku, ale spałbym w małym pokoju w hotelu dla zawodników - mówi Mahut, którego marzeniem jest przejście eliminacji US Open (jest w decydującej rundzie), a w dalszej perspektywie powrót do czołowej setki rankingu (dziś jest 161.). Na Flushing Meadows nie musi okazywać przy wejściu identyfikatora, bo wszyscy już wiedzą kim jest.

Jak twierdzi, przez dwa ostatnie miesiące miał więcej konferencji prasowych niż przez całą dotychczasową karierę (a ma 28 lat), ale dzięki temu mógł potrenować swój angielski. Mecz z Isnerem wpisał go do ksiąg tenisa i chyba już "zawsze" będzie się Francuza pamiętać z jednej przyczyny. - Będę pamiętał te chwile przez całe życie, tak jak pamięta się dzień finału mistrzostw świata w 1998 roku - przyznaje.

Mahut uważa, że jego problemem jest brak wiary we własne możliwości. - Czy też w ogóle brak wiary w siebie - tłumaczy. - Nie potrafię zagrać najlepiej jak potrafię w meczach z zawodnikami teoretycznie silniejszymi. My będziemy pamiętali Nicolasa z jeszcze jednej przyczyny: podczas challengera we Wrocławiu w 2008 roku pokonał go Janowicz, który wtedy debiutował w turnieju tej rangi.

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2010/ … mbledonie/

#9 25-12-2010 11:11:42

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

2010 w liczbach

Ranking: 132
Turnieje: 0
Finały: 0
Mecze: 3-7
Zarobki: $193,582

Jeden z aktorów najdłuższego meczu tenisowego w historii. W Wimbledonie przegrał z Johnem Isnerem 68-70 w 5 secie.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#10 16-01-2011 14:53:36

Barty

User

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwmn9hwG … re=related

Trochę rewanżu za Wimbledon też się wkradło.

#11 22-06-2011 20:57:37

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po porażce w 1 rundzie

Q. What were your feelings about today's match before, during, and after?

NICOLAS MAHUT: You talk a lot about this match before. I try to stay focus during the last three days about how I wanted to be on the court practicing and everything. And during the match, that was not the same. Much more difficult for me to play. If you want to talk about the atmosphere, it was not as huge as we was waiting for. But it's difficult to talk after losing that match.

Q. How did last year's match affect your life?

NICOLAS MAHUT: I think this match change a lot. All my career change after that match. Much more attention. More expectation, as well. As you can see, when the draw was done and when you saw that we were playing each other, we were just talking about this match. I'm sure you're all disappointing about today.

Q. Last year you were also very disappointed when you lost. Yet it seemed as if you were able to change it into a very positive thing with the book, with everyone giving you such affirmation, telling you how well you did. What changed your view of the match from a disappointment to an achievement?

NICOLAS MAHUT: It's really difficult to answer in English.

Q. It seemed at first you were very disappointed. You felt you let people down by losing that match.

NICOLAS MAHUT: You read the book, right?

Q. Yes. But then you saw that there were many positives to be taken out of it. It seems to us that in many ways you look upon it more fondly than John does, who felt sort of like, I don't want to be known as the guy that won this match, I want to be known for more than that.

NICOLAS MAHUT: Yeah, but at first I was really disappointed, but I'm still disappointed. But what we did last year, it's much more than a tennis match, what we show on the court. I'm very proud of it. But this is from last year. Today I just lost the match in three sets. It's a different story.

Q. John said he thought your movement was hampered by your knee. Can you talk about that. Was it bothering you?

NICOLAS MAHUT: Yeah, I mean, little bit. But I just don't want to talk too much about that. He just played better than me, and that's it.

Q. What do you feel about John, both from the experience last year and the year in between and today?

NICOLAS MAHUT: John, we became very close friends, which is the most important thing for me. And I hope this year he gonna go through the second week.

Q. Do you want to play with John next year maybe once again in the first round here?

NICOLAS MAHUT: Yeah, of course I would like to. Not first round. You know, I just lost in Wimbledon. It's in one year right now. So I'm really disappointing about the results. I just don't want to think about next year. It's very far away.

Q. You said John played very well today. Can you describe what you saw in John today.

NICOLAS MAHUT: I didn't say he played well. I said he played better than me. I think he could play much better than he did. I think he will do it in the next round because I'm sure that was not that easy for him, as well, to play today against me.

Q. Why do you think today was such a different type of match?

NICOLAS MAHUT: You mean?

Q. From the last time you played.

NICOLAS MAHUT: Everything was different. I mean, condition was different. Everything was different. It's another year, another match, another tournament. Was difficult to play this match. We talk about last year during three days. That was not easy. But he handle much better than I did.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 02881.html

#12 29-06-2011 11:44:54

jaccol55

Administrator

Stopka forum

RSS