• Nie jesteś zalogowany.
  • Polecamy: Gry

Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#21 01-07-2009 15:59:52

MaRQs

User

Re: Fernando Gonzalez

Może coś w tym jest bo nawet na Wimblu nie grali mixta. Ah ta Gisela, to już 4 kolejny tenisista...

#22 01-07-2009 16:04:08

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

MaRQs napisał:

To Gonzalez i Dulko nie są już razem?:O

Zdaje się, że wracali do siebie, aż wreszcie rozstali się na dobre
Poniżej fragment artykułu z 2008 roku:

Dulko and Gonzalez also broke up in 2008 but after a few weeks they decided to get back together... will that happend again in 2009??? only they know...

http://www.zimbio.com/Gisela+Dulko/arti … z+Broke+up

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#23 01-07-2009 16:15:43

MaRQs

User

Własnie to czytalem. Prawdziwa love story. Szkoda

#24 06-10-2009 21:35:43

szeva

User

Senor de Recha czyli Pan Forhend, ma prawdziwie piorunujące uderzenie z prawej strony, szkoda że po finale AO 07 obniżył loty bo stać go na dobre wyniki, niektórzy mogą psioczyc że został ograbiony przez sędziego ze zwycięstwa w SF RG z Soderlingiem, do historii przeszło jego wytarcie śladu d...

I LOVE TENNIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#25 13-11-2009 21:56:37

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Paryski wywiad z Feną:

Q: Where would you find the Mona Lisa?
A: At the Louvre.

Q: Where is the best view from the Eiffel Tower?
A: I went to the Maison Blanche restaurant to see it, but the view from the Café de l’Homme is the best.

Q: What is the name of the main football team in Paris?
A: Paris Saint-Germain.

Q: How many times has Roger Federer won the BNPPM?
A: 0.

Q: Who are the two players who have won the most BNPPM titles?
A: I think it’s Marat and maybe Forget? (correct answer: Marat Safin and Boris Becker).

Q: In 2002, you lost in the first round of the doubles, do you remember who your team-mate was?
A: Easy, it was Andy, Andy Roddick.

Q: How do you explain that you’ve never won a match at the BNPPM?
A: I have no explanation for that. I think I’m 0-and-6. Sometimes I was playing well and other times I was horrible and sometimes I was just tired. But I’ve never won a match. But I’m going to try this year, it’s one of my goals. Three of the six times I had played the final in Basle and then played in Paris on Tuesday so I was a bit tired, but for the others I have no excuse.

Q: What do you associate with the BNPPM?
A: I think of the stadium and the live music and the atmosphere which is great. I like Roland Garros with all the history but the BNPPM is more of a show, and I like that.

rf.com

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#26 15-11-2009 21:52:01

jaccol55

Administrator

González bojkotowany przez federację Chile

Fernando González, jedenasta rakieta świata, nie został zgłoszony do plebiscytu na najlepszego tenisistę kraju przez chilijską federację. Zawodnik jest z nią skłócony i nie występuje w reprezentacji Pucharu Davisa.
Spór ma nie mieć jednak według prezydenta José Hinzpetera związku z pominięciem Gonzáleza, trzykrotnego medalisty olimpijskiego (mistrza deblowego z Aten), finalisty Australian Open sprzed dwóch lat. Według szefa federacji González... wygrał plebiscyt już wiele razy.

W opozycji do Hinzpetera stoją byli zawodnicy Jaime Fillol i Horacio de la Peña, którzy nie widzą żadnej logiki w pominięciu Gonzáleza jako kandydata do nagrody Związku Dziennikarzy Sportowych. To federacje zgłaszają w Chile nominacje na najlepszego w danej dyscyplinie.

Także dzięki Gonzálezowi, który w czwartek pożegnał się z marzeniami o finałach cyklu World Tour, Chile przeżywało w maju tego roku prawdziwe szaleństwo. Większość sportowych kolumn zajmowały informacje o jego popisie w Roland Garros (osiągnął półfinał), a także o Manuelu Pellegrinim jako nowym szkoleniowcu Realu Madryt.

W pertraktacje ze skłóconym zawodnikiem, popularnym El Bombardero (nazwany tak z powodu znakomitego forhendu), by przywrócić go dla reprezentacji Chile (nawet bez swojego numer jeden i tak występuje w Grupie Światowej), chce włączyć się prezydent republiki, pani Michelle Bachelet.

Do nagrody na najlepszego tenisistę w kraju kandydują weteran Nicolás Massú oraz młodzi Camila Silva i Benjamín Ugarte.

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2009/ … cje-chile/

#27 15-01-2010 00:45:49

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Fena w DEUCE.

The People's Champion

Fernando Gonzalez's high-octane game is at odds with his down-to-earth, off-court demeanour. It's an unusual, but successful mix.

It's the debate of choice among Chile's growing legion of tennis fans: Who is the best Chilean player of all time: Marcelo Rios or Fernando Gonzalez? While that argument shows no sign of abating, there is no doubt that Gonzalez stands alone as the country's favourite tennis son.

"Once he started doing so well this year the debate started again," says Benjamin Witte, sports editor of the Santiago Times. "It is tough to beat Rios as he got to No. 1, but the people, the sports fans, really want Gonzalez up at the top."

Nicolas Pereira, former ATP player and current ESPN tennis commentator, knows why: "He (Gonzalez) is good to the public; he is hard working and very modest. The people can identify with him," Pereira says. "I think that Chileans are grateful to have a tennis star that is very down to earth. He is a great ambassador."

"Both Fernando and Marcelo have been great for Chilean tennis," says Chilean Patricio Apey, a former coach of Gonzalez's. "We are such a small country and to have two players like them can only help the younger generations."

"Whoever said that tennis is not a contact sport has never stood in the line of fire of a Gonzalez forehand."

Ask almost anyone on the ATP World Tour about Fernando Gonzalez and the first thing they will mention is the quality of his character. The second thing that they reference is the quantity of his forehand.

"My impression of Gonzo was that he was very genuine. What you saw on and off court was the real guy," says Paul Settles, former ATP World Tour tour manager. "He had the respect of his peers in the locker room, and not just by the South Americans or Spanish speaking players. His appeal crossed international borders. And his forehand will remain one of the most feared weapons in modern day tennis."

Whoever said that tennis is not a contact sport has never stood in the line of fire of a Fernando Gonzalez forehand. It is a weapon that commands respect and demands that it be approached with extreme caution. Easily recognised by the mother of all backswings - a windmill wind-up that packs a heavy bullet load - it is considered one of the best forehands the game has ever seen. Armed with that lethal weapon, Gonzalez burst onto the scene back in 2000.

Gonzalez Fernando Gonzalez and coach Raul Viver are having dinner at the Olive Garden restaurant in Orlando, Florida. With an ATP ranking of 352, Gonzalez is sure that he will not get into the qualies of the US Clay Court Championships. Viver is now on the phone requesting a wild card.

"They told me that the wild cards are only for Americans," Viver remembers. "I told them that this kid is really good, he could actually win the tournament." Gonzalez must have been listening to his coach, because win it he did, all the way from the last player accepted into the qualifying rounds.

"In qualifying and getting to the final, Gonzo looked like he'd been there a hundred times before," says Settles. "But in the final, I remember Gonzo being very nervous before the match. Of course, after he had blasted a few ballistic forehands, he settled down and played nearly flawlessly. Just after the final, several of us were aware that we had witnessed something special; that this guy wasn't going to be some one-hit wonder.”

To date, Gonzalez has 12 ATP World Tour titles, three Olympic medals, dozens of Davis Cup match wins and, along the way, has inspired thousands of kids in Chile.

"He (Gonzalez) is a major superstar in South America and he handles it very well," says former coach Larry Stefanki. "Fernando is a very generous person with his time and charity work in Chile. He is extremely grounded as a person and loves spending time with under-privileged kids."

In 2007, when a powerful earthquake rocked the northern Chilean town of Tocopilla, more than 15,000 people were left homeless. In response, Gonzalez created the Tennis Cup for the Children of the Home of Christ, plus an exhibition with fellow professionals that raised money for the charity. He also makes a donation to the home after each match he wins on the ATP World Tour.

"We had witnessed something special; this guy wasn't going to be some one-hit wonder."

Gonzalez is playing the best tennis of his career, and it could not have come at a better time. He is marching through the field at Roland Garros and today has a date in the semi-finals with Robin Soderling. While Wimbledon might be considered the most prestigious of tennis tournaments, for a Latino, Roland Garros is the crown jewel.

The shock is as sudden as it is surprising: Gonzalez is down two sets to love against Soderling. "Honestly, I was very surprised. Never did I think that he could be losing," says Martin Rodriguez, Gonzalez's coach. "He looked turned off, no reaction. Nada. After the second set I had little hope."

Then in typical Gonzalez style, he launched a furious comeback. Bold in his shot selection and relentless in his pursuit of victory, Gonzalez fought back to level the match at two sets all. Destiny seemed to be on his side when he went up a break, four games to one in the fifth. His life-long dream of playing for the Roland Garros title was about to come true.

Magnus Norman, Soderling's coach, was not ready to concede the match, even though everyone else in Court Philippe Chatrier had given up Soderling for dead.

Gonzalez, Paris 2009"I started shouting at Robin to attack his shots," Norman says. "To go for it." Soderling obeyed Norman's command. And it worked.

Soon after, Gonzalez is found hunched over in disbelief in the men's locker room. Still sweating and with red clay embedded in his shorts, socks and shoes, lingering proof of the tragic battle that he just lost. Did he stumble or was he stopped?

"I felt extremely disappointed for Fernando in his defeat to Soderling," says Stefanki. "I communicated to him that Soderling started going for winners and there was not much you can do about that type of high-risk tennis. It was a big moment for him but he will have more opportunities in the future."

"It was a grand deception," says Rodriguez. "It was painful for all of us, but nobody was more sad than Fernando. He felt that he could have gone further."

Gonzalez is eight years old and there is a television crew filming him playing tennis at La Reina Club in Santiago del Chile. "Early on my dad encouraged me and pushed me hard," says Gonzalez. "And together we worked very hard."

"His appeal crossed international borders."

"I first saw Fernando play when he was eight years old," recalls former coach Apey. "I immediately saw a talent that, in my opinion, could take him to the top of the game one day. What he had in his hands was almost magical."

In addition to his talent, Gonzalez succeeds in large part due to his work ethic. "Each time I walk on the court for practice, I try to improve something," says Gonzalez. "One has to work, and my style demands that I have to have good fitness."

Gonzalez, StefankiWhatever the topic, almost all conversations about Gonzalez eventually lead to his forehand. So what makes it so special? "The moment I first hit with Fernando I could not believe how hard he hit his forehand," says former coach Viver. "The power and acceleration was really awesome, but we worked a lot on consistency and on opening angles and changing speeds and heights."

"Very early on he had a very big backswing, but his acceleration was fast enough to handle it," remembers Apey. "And after lots and lots of practise he really developed it into the weapon it is today."

"What makes Fernando special as a tennis player is his ability to hit his forehand offensively from anywhere on the tennis court," says Stefanki. "He has a top two or three forehand on tour and I think he has the best low forehand in the game. The forehand gets scary good. But his backhand is a good shot and not a weakness as people think. That is why he has stayed in the Top 10 for the past few years. I am a big Fernando fan and it is disappointing for him not to win a Slam yet. [He reached the 2007 Australian Open final, losing to Roger Federer.] I am proud to have coached him for two and a half years."

"I think he is a great example for every kid and not only Latinos," remarks Ramon Delgado of Paraguay. "Fernando has a great personality, good behavior on the court and is a great competitor."

Should Fernando Gonzalez never win another tennis match, all those who have come in contact with him over his career would forgive him. For them, Fernando Gonzalez the man will always be a winner.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/DEUCE- … zalez.aspx

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#28 18-01-2010 17:14:22

Art

User

Gonzalez through in powerful display

Former Australian Open finalist Fernando Gonzalez took four sets to overcome Belgium’s Olivier Rochus 6-3 6-4 3-6 6-1, advancing to the second round in a rain-interrupted match on Monday.

The 2007 Melbourne Park runner-up opened the match with an ace, and showed ominous signs in the early stages, sending down four winners in his opening service game to the delight of the raucous Chilean fans in a packed Show Court 2.

The 29-year-old put pressure on the Rochus serve at 2-3 in the first set, running around his backhand and sending a sizzling forehand winner down the line to open up two break point opportunities.

Rochus did not give up without a fight, stretching Gonzalez with a penetrating forehand and aggressive net play to save three break points.

Gonzalez prevailed on his fourth break opportunity, but Rochus immediately broke back to get the contest back on serve.

It was Gonzalez’s lethal forehand and athleticism that saw him break again for 5-3, and from there, he easily served out the set.

Gonzalez took the second set 6-4 as Rochus has no answer for the Chileans’ ability to hit winners under pressure and punish any loose serves with his brutal forehand. Gonzalez broke Rochus early and held his advantage for the remainder of the set.

The two players traded breaks of serve in the opening games of the third set, but it was Rochus who broke again in Gonzalez’s third service game to lead 4-2, with the error count beginning to mount for the 11th seed.

The Belgian had the chance to take the third set, bringing up two set points at 5-2, but Gonzalez served up two aces and a forehand winner to force Rochus to serve out the set.

It took five set points for Rochus to finally claim the set 6-3.

In the fourth set, Gonzalez was again the aggressor, breaking Rochus twice before a rain delay stopped proceedings. After the resumption of play, Gonzalez quickly wrapped up the set, and advanced to play the winner of today’s match between French veteran Sebastien Grosjean and Marsel Ilhan of Turkey.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 79062.html

#29 22-01-2010 18:43:46

Art

User

Konferencja po III r. AO:

Q. Could you tell us how you won that tough five‑setter?

FERNANDO GONZÁLEZ: It's tough to explain 'cause he was hitting every single ball hard as he could. And I feel that I wasn't making too much damage with my shots.

I feel really uncomfortable almost all the match. My serve wasn't like I used to serve. But fortunately I took my chances and I won the match.

Q. Your thoughts on playing Andy Roddick next.

FERNANDO GONZÁLEZ: It's gonna be tough. I mean, for sure I have to play better if I want to beat him. I mean, I know that he won in four sets. I mean, he's playing a good level.

Q. Is it your serve that's stopping you from reaching your top?

FERNANDO GONZÁLEZ: Yeah, yeah, my serve. And today I wasn't that comfortable 'cause he was hitting the ball really hard. He take me out of position almost every time.

It was really hard for me to do the same with him. So that's why I didn't feel like I wish. But fortunately I took my chances in the fifth set and I break him, and that hold during the whole set.

Q. He said it was like playing in front of a soccer crowd today.

FERNANDO GONZÁLEZ: It was exciting to play in front of this crowd for me. Is a big support really far away from home. Just really excited.

Q. How is your knee? You iced it early on and seemed to be limping.

FERNANDO GONZÁLEZ: Yeah, I have the knee since long time ago. I mean, sometimes is painful, but it's only pain. I mean, I know that I have, but it's painful sometimes.

Today I didn't feel really, really well.

Q. Will it be feeling better in time for your next match?

FERNANDO GONZÁLEZ: Hopefully. I wish. I will try. I'm going to make everything to recover and try to play a good match.

ao.com

#30 02-03-2010 17:08:27

Art

User

Gonzalez Expresses Sadness Over Chilean Earthquake

Chile’s top tennis player, World No. 10 Fernando Gonzalez, has been attempting to return to his family in Santiago following an 8.8 magnitude earthquake that struck early Saturday morning.

Gonzalez, who played a semi-final match Friday night at the Abierto Mexicano Telcel in Acapulco, flew from Mexico to Lima, Peru, on Sunday night and took a domestic flight Monday to Tacna, located on the Peruvian-Chilean border. He will travel by car to the northern Chilean city of Arica, where he will attempt to book a flight to Santiago.

He posted the following message Sunday on his official web site:

“Hello friends:

“I was watching TV and I found out about the earthquake. I’m so sad for the victims and families. I’m at Mexico City. This night I’ll fly to Lima to try to get a new flight to Santiago.

“Thank God I could talk with my family after the earthquake. I watched TV all the time and I’m so sad with the news. It’s tough I can’t be in Chile. I’m praying. I would like to help with the reconstruction of my country.

“I hope to see them again as soon as possible.

“A big hug for everyone and ¡Fuerza Chile!”

The 29 year old added on his Twitter account Monday: “I only want to come back to Santiago to stay with my family again”.

Gonzalez and the Chilean Davis Cup squad are scheduled to host Israel in first round World Group action beginning Friday in Coquimbo. The port town, located 500 km north of Santiago, has suffered little damage from the earthquake and the Chilean tennis federation would like the tie to go ahead as planned.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … quake.aspx

#31 04-03-2010 11:29:42

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Gonzalez zagra w najbliższych spotkaniach PD, ale prawdopodobnie odpuści grę w IW, by pomóc przy organizacji pomocy dla poszkodowanych w trzęsieniu ziemi, jaki nawiedziło Chile.

Gonzalez focused on earthquake relief

Gonzalez focused on earthquake relief Fernando Gonzalez will play this weekend's Davis Cup tie against Israel, but his thoughts are with the earthquake victims in his native Chile. Gonzalez is even willing to miss the upcoming Indian Wells Masters for disaster relief.

Fernando Gonzalez, Chile's top-ranked player, posted a message on his website last Saturday following the devastating earthquake in his home country. "I have followed very closely the television and saw everything that happened," the world No. 10 wrote. "I am very concerned for the victims and their families due to this earthquake. Thank God my family is well and I feel a great relief

"It gives me great anguish to see everything that happened and really hurts to not be there. I am praying that the missing appear in good condition. Anything I can do to help rebuild my country, I will gladly do."

Gonzalez even said that he is willing to miss the upcoming Masters Series event in Indian Wells in order to stay in Chile and contribute to the recovery effort. Because Masters tournaments are required for players ranked as high as Gonzalez, however, the move would have to be approved by the ATP.

The first-round Davis Cup tie between Chile and Israel, meanwhile, has been pushed back a day and will begin on Saturday in Santiago. Gonzalez, who reached the Acapulco semifinals last week, arrived in Santiago on Tuesday via a flight on a Chilean Air Force plane. He is schedule to join the Chilean team today.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20100 … ake_relief

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#32 10-03-2010 18:26:51

Serenity

User

Gonzalez hopes Federer, Nadal will help with Chile relief

Chile's Fernando Gonzalez hopes to take a page from Roger Federer's philanthropic handbook and organise a relief effort for his earthquake-ravaged homeland of Chile within weeks.

Reports indicate that the top Chilean is in contact with Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal in hopes they will play in any benefit for victims.

No. 10 Gonzalez is skipping the Indian Wells event which begins on Wednesday to stay in his homeland and work on relief efforts.

Gonzalez reportedly wants to hold his event around the time of the Miami Masters in mid-March.

Federer was first out of the blocks only days after January's Haiti earthquake, organising an event on the day before the Australian Open. The Hit for Haiti will be reprised next Friday at the Indian Wells Masters with stars including Federer, Nadal, Andre Agassi, Pete Sampras, Steffi Graf and Martina Navratilova on court.

Gonzalez is putting aside his shock at the natural disasters as Chile plays a Davis Cup World Group tie at home against Israel.

But focusing on the tennis ball may be difficult. "It's a new opportunity to bring joy to the country and I hope win in these difficult times the country is going ", said Davis Cup player Nicolas Massu of the weekend Davis tie.

"If he wins it will leave Fernando calmer, and that can be very favorable to our expectations."

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20100 … ile_relief

#33 14-03-2010 10:47:59

Art

User

Gonzalez Visits Earthquake Survivors In Chile

Gonzalez visited a number of affected areas in his two-day visit.

As he announced during Chile's first-round Davis Cup tie against Israel, Fernando Gonzalez visited the area declared a catastrophe zone after the massive earthquake on February 27 that killed hundreds of people.

Last Thursday Gonzalez was at the O'Higgins region that endured a 7.2 magnitude earthquake, visiting Santa Cruz, Lolol, Peralillo and Pichilemu. Ranked No. 10 on the South African Airways 2010 ATP Rankings, Gonzalez traveled with Benito Baranda, director of Hogar de Cristo, the most important charity organisation in Chile.

Watch Fernando's Appeal For Donations

During his visit, Gonzalez posted on Twitter: "The people are very strong even though they've lost everything, and they are optimistic. I wish every one of us would have this fighting spirit to get through this moment and move forward."

On Friday Gonzalez visited Biobio's region. Gonzo visited a fishing village called El Morro, near Talcahuano, the most important military port in Chile which was devastated by the both the earthquake and subsequent tsunami on February 27. The Olympic gold medalist played a tennis exhibition with kids of the area.

"Thank God and the experience of the people who live here that nobody died," said Gonzalez. "El Morro doesn't exist anymore but the people are happy, they want to move forward and my visit with Benito and Hogar de Cristo is for them to know they are not alone."

Talcahuano's mayor, Gaston Saavedra, thanked Gonzalez for his visit: "A national figure as Fernando Gonzalez helps people to clear their mind a little, especially the ones that have lost everything. The permanent alert because of the tremors and the tsunami alert frightened everyone. This is a contribution for the people so they can move on."

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … Chile.aspx

#34 22-03-2010 20:12:47

Serenity

User

Silent Tennis Auction To Benefit Chile Earthquake Victims

MIAMI, March 19, 2010 – SOBeFit and Marta Montenegro have collaborated with famed pro tennis player, World No. 10 Fernando Gonzalez to hold a silent auction benefiting the earthquake victims of Chile at the launch of the Montenegro Method fitness DVD Series party on March 22nd in Miami, Florida.

Hosted by Tennis Channel’s “Fit to Hit” host Danielle Dotzenrod, party-goers will be a part of the tennis-crazed celebration with top ATP players who will be in attendance including Fernando Verdasco, Feliciano Lopez and Carlos Moya. Guests will have the chance to bid on sports memorabilia from top professional athletes including Fernando Gonzalez, Serena Williams, Jim Courier, Fernando Verdasco, Bob & Mike Bryan, Victoria Azarenka, Dara Torres, Alonzo Mourning and many more with proceeds going to Hogar de Cristo, a Chilean-based charity advocated by Gonzalez.

At the event, Gonzalez will talk about this important cause, and although the party is not open to the public, a limited number of tickets will be available for purchase priced at $1,000 each.

“I want to thank all of the players who have expressed their concern for my family and me and offered their support after the devastating earthquake in Chile,” states Gonzalez. “I also want to thank Marta Montenegro for putting on a silent auction at her event in Miami to help the earthquake victims and raise awareness for my home country.”

Expect tennis-clad décor, familiar Sony Ericsson Open faces like Verdasco, Lopez, Moya and Gonzalez as well as Novak Djokovic, and a fitness fashion show presented by Sports Authority. Unwind with cocktails provided by Prairie Organic Vodka and Sapporo Imported Premium Beer, and enjoy savory tapas and music by renowned DJ Tracy Young.

“I am thrilled to get together with all these players to celebrate the launch of the fitness DVD series,” says Marta. “I also feel privileged to use this event as a platform to raise awareness alongside Fernando Gonzalez for the recent earthquake that devastated parts of Chile. I will do anything I can to help.”

The event takes place at EPIC downtown Miami (270 Biscayne Boulevard Way) in the Metropolis Ballroom, 14th Floor and goes from 8 p.m.-11 p.m.; red carpet begins at 8:30 p.m. Those participating in the silent auction can pay with cash, check or credit card. For event tickets, red carpet interviews and event access, media should contact Allison Robins at press@montenegromethod.com or (305) 375-9595 ext. 227. All proceeds from the silent auction and ticket sales will go to www.hogardecristo.cl.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … Miami.aspx

#35 03-05-2010 15:01:36

asiek

User

Australijczyk Darren Cahill nowym trenerem Fernanda.

The ‘Bomber of La Reina’ chose australian Darren Cahill as his new coach, and they will begin to work in the preview week of Roland Garros.

Hi friends,

I want to announce that I will begin to work with australian Darren Cahill, a coach that got a lot of results with Agassi and Hewitt at their best moments and in different years. It won’t be full time because of his obligations but I trust he will help my agresive tennis with the best tactical moves of the australian school.

Currently I’m in Chile working with pysichal trainer Ricardo Luna, that is a member of the chilean Davis Cup team.

Thanks for your support and visiting the web site,

http://www.gonzaleztenis.com/v2.0/?p=1500&lang=en

#36 02-06-2010 20:13:56

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Przynajmniej miesiąc przerwy Gonzaleza.

Fena z powodu kontuzji kolana nie zagra od 1 do 2 miesięcy. Z całą pewnością Chilijczyka zabraknie na Wimbledonie i wielce prawdopodobne, że także w Pucharze Davisa.

Źródło:
http://www.cooperativa.cl/fernando-gonz … 02703.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#37 06-06-2010 00:45:32

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Gonzalez Ready To Return Stronger

On 27 February 2010, many Chileans were present as Fernando Gonzalez suffered a dramatic three-set loss to David Ferrer in the semi-finals of the Abierto Mexicano Telcel in Acapulco. An hour after the match, in Chile, there was an 8.8 magnitude earthquake and a subsequent tsunami that claimed the lives of almost a thousand people and destroyed cities.

Santiago native Gonzalez couldn't believe the apocalyptic images he saw on the television. For that reason he cancelled his participation at the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells and took a flight back to visit the damaged areas and send a heartfelt message to the victims of the disaster.

Following the natural disaster, Gonzalez was then hit by another problem - tendinitis in both knees that has furthered impeded his 2010 season.

"There are good and bad moments. Some way or another I haven't felt good on court. The feeling is very important and the past weeks it hasn't been like I wanted it, but I have no doubt it will go back to the way I've always liked it to be", said an optimistic Gonzalez, who will recover back home in Santiago while he waits for the doctor's advice. He has already withdrawn from Wimbledon and he could yet miss the Davis Cup quarter-final tie against Czech Republic if he his recovery takes two months.

What made the tendinitis so bad?
I had calcification in both knees. When one hurts you try to compensate with the other. With good work, rest and rehab I will be better.

Some time ago you said that you learned to live with the pain.
I've had it since the 2002 Australian Open...

So you have dealt with it almost for your whole career?
It's been coming and going. I've had good and bad moments. I had a very bad moment in 2003, after that I could recover well but last year at Wimbledon it started all over again and hasn't stopped since then.

After the defeat in the Roland Garros second round, you will lose important points at the South African Airways 2010 ATP Rankings. How will you deal with that?
I prefer to have a bad ranking and be healthy, rather than get to a ranking that would be tough to maintain without being in optimum physical condition.

With your absence at Wimbledon you will bring to an end a run of 35 successive Grand Slam appearances.
Some time ago I realised I have played all the Grand Slams since 2002. I thought about how good it was and I was lucky not to be injured. No I'll have to miss one. I hope it's the only one so I can play a lot more.

Next month you will turn 30, you suffer a chronic injury, but you told your Twitter fans that you're not thinking about retirement.
Twitter has been very helpful; it's my main source for keeping in touch with people. Sometimes the media needs to sell more so they publish information about a possible retirement. But that wasn't true. Retirement is not in my head. I still have a lot of goals on my career and I have fun playing. I can't imagine my life without competitive tennis. Retirement is not an issue. They published that without asking me so that bothered me. Thank God there's Twitter so I could tell people that wasn't true.

Twitter and your official web site have become a habit now that you have more free time.
Social networking is very important. People want and need communication. Everyone is connected by their mobile phones, chat and social networks. Tennis fans feel closer because of that. When you're constantly talking about what's going on, what you think, people like that. It's a spontaneous communication.

How long will your recovery take?
The first thing is to feel better, recover from the injuries. The rest will come by itself. I can't make the mistake of playing 25 tournaments. I've always played few tournaments. The important thing is to take it easy and take my rest time seriously; that has always been important in my career.

What's the positive side of being without competition?
The positive thing is that I will have a lot of energy when I come back. I will appreciate more what I have achieved in this sport. When you're out you feel the passion for the game more. I've also done some things that I miss. That gives you energy to keep on playing.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … onger.aspx

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#38 12-06-2010 20:34:02

Serenity

User

Gonzalez will back in Toronto

Fernando Gonzalez confirms he has a bilateral patellar tendinosis that will keep him two and a half months out of competition. This will force him to withdraw from Davis Cup in July.

Hi Friends,

Unfortunately I have bad news. The bilateral patellar tendinosis that I have will force me to be away from competition for 10 weeks. Because of  that I will have to skip Gstaad, Bastad, Hamburg and, most sadly, Davis Cup quarter-final tie against Czech Republic at Coquimbo.

The treatment I’m receiving makes me stop for a long time. If I come back for Davis Cup it would make the injury get worse and I won’t even be at my 50 per cent for those matches. I feel really bad about not playing the competition I like the most. I wish things were different but they aren’t. If everything turns out as I hope my return tournament will be at Masters 1000 Toronto.

Thanks for all the messages you’ve sent me over Twitter and my web site. They will help me to get through this moment.

http://www.gonzaleztenis.com/v2.0/?p=1580&lang=en

#39 23-08-2010 08:52:56

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Fena wraca do gry!

Fernando Gonzalez zagra w New haven. Chilijczyk otrzymał od organizatorów dziką kartę. Finalista Ao 2007 opuścił środek sezonu z powodu kontuzji kolana. Nie zagrał po Roland Garros w żadnym turnieju. Pierwotnie powrót miał nastąpić w Toronto, ale tuż przed turniejem Gonzalez oświadczył, że z Jego kolanem nie jest na 100% ok.

Turniej w New Haven to ostatnie przetarcie przed rozpoczynającym się w przyszły poniedziałek US Open.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#40 01-09-2010 13:02:22

jaccol55

Administrator

Kontuzja zakończy karierę Fernando Gonzaleza?

Trzykrotny medalista olimpijski Chilijczyk Fernando Gonzalez powiedział, że kontuzja, która wyeliminowała go z meczu pierwszej rudny US Open, może zakończyć jego tenisową karierę.

30-letni zawodnik skreczował w meczu pierwszej rundy z Ivanem Dodigem z Chorwacji przy stanie 7-6, 1-6, 0-1. Powodem była kontuzja kolana, która ciągnie się za zawodnikiem już od dłuższego czasu.

- Boję się bardzo, ale zobaczymy, co się stanie. Nie myślę o emeryturze, ale jeśli kontuzja okaże się poważniejsza, to być może będę zmuszony zakończyć karierę - powiedział Gonzalez.

- Prognozy nie są aż tak tragiczne, ale to nie rozwiązuje głównego problemu: bólu - dodał tenisista.

http://www.sport.pl/tenis/1,101357,8315 … leza_.html

Stopka forum

RSS