Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#301 01-07-2011 19:39:00

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Re: Novak Djoković

NOVAK DJOKOVIĆ - NOWY #1 RANKINGU ATP!

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt320/Janko_107/fcf6b75afa97575ef4e6e02.jpg

Serb został dziś 25 liderem rankingu ATP Entry, od czasu wprowadzenia tej klasyfikacji (1973 rok).

Gratulacje!

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#302 01-07-2011 22:06:18

anula

Kobieta z klasą

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafa Nadal

Novak.!  Gratulacje.

#303 01-07-2011 23:11:38

Serenity

User

Dołączam się do gratulacji. W tym sezonie najlepszy gracz.

#304 01-07-2011 23:22:56

jaccol55

Administrator

DJOKOVIC REACHES WIMBLEDON FINAL, SECURES WORLD NO. 1 RANKING

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/4BB6FB9C45914FEA850CA66E4C784045.ashx
Novak Djokovic has compiled a 47-1
match record this year. He will be
looking to lift his eighth trophy of
2011 on Sunday.

Novak Djokovic is guaranteed to become No. 1 in the South African Airways 2011 ATP Rankings for the first time on Monday after he advanced to his first final at The Championships. The second-seeded Serbian will now look to realise another childhood ambition on Sunday by lifting the Wimbledon trophy against either 2008 and 2010 champion Rafael Nadal or World No. 4 Andy Murray.

Djokovic defeated Roger Federer's conqueror, 12th seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga of France, 7-6(4), 6-2, 6-7(9), 6-3 in three hours and six minutes on Friday afternoon for a place in his second Grand Slam championship final of a memorable season.

"It feels amazing," said Djokovic. "When I finished the match I didn't know how to show my emotions. I was really happy. This is one of those moments where you can't describe it with the words. You remember all your career, all your childhood, everything you worked for, that comes true now.

"It's definitely one of the most important achievements and days in my life, in my career. We are all dedicated to this sport [one] hundred per cent. When you know you're going to be the best in the world and you're reaching the finals of your favorite tournament, it's something special."

The 24-year-old Djokovic, who will replace Nadal as World No. 1, is the sixth active player to ascend to the top of men's professional tennis. This season he has compiled a 47-1 match record, winning seven titles, including the Australian Open (d. Murray) and four ATP World Tour Masters 1000 events.

The Belgrade native is bidding to become just the third man in the Open Era (since 1968) to claim his first grass-court title at the All England Club. He has twice finished runner-up finishes on grass courts at the 2008 AEGON Championships (l. to Nadal) and the 2009 Gerry Weber Open (l. to Haas).

The enormity of the match, and the implications of a victory, looked to weigh heavily on Djokovic's shoulders in the first set. The Serbian did not hit his serve as fluently and he was broken in the first game. Tsonga started where he left off against Federer on Wednesday, hitting himself out of trouble to save break points at 1-0 and 4-3 to win the affection of the Centre Court crowd. But slowly, his confidence ebbed away. Djokovic began to read the Frenchman's game better and targeted his weakness, backhands out wide, on the slick grass.

At 5-4, Tsonga recovered from 0/40 with booming serves. But he inexplicable double-faulted at deuce, firing a 134 miles per hour second serve long. He then hit a forehand wide much to the delight of Djokovic. In the tie-break, Djokovic was at his attacking best and rushed Tsonga into error after a long rally to take a 4-2 lead. He clinched the 65-minute opener when he hit a forehand down the line that Tsonga could not reach cleanly on the volley.

Tsonga's unforced error count started to rise sharply as Djokovic stamped his authority on the match with a service break in the opening game of the second set. His groundstroke power pierced bigger holes in Tsonga's armoury and he opened up a 4-1 lead, with two remarkable returns that forced Tsonga to the net. He continued to attack Tsonga's backhand and sealed a two-sets-to-love lead with a hold to 40.

There was an air of resignation around Centre Court when Tsonga had his serve broken in the third game of the third set. But the charismatic Frenchman returned from the abyss at 3-4, when he converted his second of three break point opportunities with a return to his aggressive game. But his elation was short-lived. Djokovic regained his composure and out-rallied Tsonga at 5-5, to serve for a place in his fifth major final. Incredibly, Tsonga responded to thrash a forehand winner down the line at 15/40 to take the set to a tie-break.

Tsonga opened up a 5-3 lead, but dropped the next three points. He saved one match point opportunity with a smash, but hit a forehand long on his first set point chance at 7-6. Fearless, he aced Djokovic at 7-8 on the Serbian's second match point. Djokovic produced a drop shot winner at 8-9, before he hit a forehand long on Tsonga's third set point to conclude a 59-minute passage of absorbing drama.

"It was a little bit disappointing to lose that third set," said Djokovic. "But I tried to talk to myself on the changeover between sets and tried to focus and be calm and hold my emotions, not allow him to come back. And as soon as I made the break on the start, I regained that rhythm and momentum."

When Tsonga returned from an off-court break, his focus and energy looked to have disappeared. Djokovic swept into a 3-0 lead and despite experiencing a wobble at 0/30 in the fifth game, he maintained his concentration to stand one match win away from winning his third Grand Slam championship.

While Tsonga's smile, athleticism and crowd-pleasing dives - mimicking Boris Becker - may have won the hearts of the 15,000 capacity crowd, Djokovic's baseline brilliance and focused performance to comeback after losing the third set, proved to them why he is worthy of the World No. 1 ranking. His 41-0 start to the year ended at the hands of Federer in the Roland Garros semi-finals last month, but Djokovic produced his best performance of The Championships and on this form he will be difficult to stop in Sunday's final.

Tsonga had been looking to become just the second Frenchman in the Open Era to reach the Wimbledon final, following Cedric Pioline's runner-up effort in 1997 (l. to Sampras). The 2008 Australian Open finalist has made a strong recovery this season from the left knee injury he sustained in a quarter-final effort at Wimbledon last year. He has also reached the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament final (l. to Soderling) and the Qatar ExxonMobil Open semi-finals (l. to Federer) this year.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … -No-1.aspx

DJOKOVIC TO BECOME NEW WORLD NO. 1 MONDAY

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/106A04435B014B1793D5471C399BA9A4.ashx
Djokovic will become the 25th player to reach No. 1 on Monday.

Novak Djokovic is guaranteed to become the new World No. 1 in the 2011 South African Airways ATP Rankings on Monday by reaching the Wimbledon final. The Serb Friday defeated Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 7-6(4), 6-2, 6-7(9), 6-3 in the semi-finals of the 125th Wimbledon Championships. Djokovic will overtake Spaniard Rafael Nadal, who held the top spot for 56 weeks in his second stint as No. 1.

Djokovic’s ascendance to World No. 1 can be attributed to an incredible 2011 season, which includes a 47-1 record through Friday’s Wimbledon semi-final victory. Djokovic has claimed seven titles, including his second Grand Slam title at the Australian Open, and four ATP World Tour Masters 1000 crowns at Indian Wells, Miami, Madrid and Rome. The Serb defeated Nadal in all four of those Masters 1000 finals.

Djokovic becomes the 25th player to reach No. 1 and is the first player other than Nadal or Roger Federer to grasp the top spot since Andy Roddick held the ranking for 13 weeks from 3 November 2003 to 2 February 2004. Djokovic is the first player from his country to achieve the milestone; Serbia is the 13th nation represented atop the South Africans Airways ATP Rankings.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … onday.aspx

#305 02-07-2011 00:33:39

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Djoković po raz 5 w finale wielkoszlemowym.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0701/ten_g_djokovicn3_200.jpg

Serbski tenisista po raz pierwszy zagra w finale Wimbledonu. 24-letni, przyszły lider rankingu, jak do tej pory po 2 razy grywał w meczach o tytuł w Melbourne i Nowym Jorku. Obie wygrane pochodzą z ziemi australijskiej, z lat 2008 i 2011.

Novak Djoković - wielkoszlemowe finały (5)
(dotychczasowy bilans 2-2)

2007 - US Open (porażka)
2008 - Australian Open
2010 - US Open (porażka)
2011 - Australian Open
2011 - Wimbledon

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#306 02-07-2011 01:56:15

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Novak po raz 1 w finale Wimbledonu, po raz pierwszy na szczycie rankingu ATP.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#307 03-07-2011 10:02:02

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Wywiad z 7-letnim Djoko. Już wtedy mówił, że jego marzeniem jest pozycja #1 na świecie.

X: What do you like the most about tennis?
Novak: Forehand, backhand, volleys. With those we defeat the opponents.
X: Are the opponents angry when you win?
Novak: No.
X: And are you when they win?
Novak: No.
X: So truly fair play. Ok, so tell me, do you play (children games)?
Novak: I play... I play at night, because during the day I have school, then in the afternoons I practice, after practice I do homework, and that's why I play at night.
X: Is tennis a game or an obligation for you?
Novak: An obligation.
X: What's your goal?
Novak: My goal in tennis is to be number 1.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#308 03-07-2011 11:04:18

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w półfinale

N. Djokovic bt. J-W. Tsonga 7 6, 6 2, 6 7, 6 3

Q. How does it feel to be in the final?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: It feels amazing. You know, when I finished the match I didn't know how to show my emotions. I was really happy. This is one of those moments where you can't describe it with the words.

You remember all your career, all your childhood, everything you worked for, you know, that comes true now.

Q. Is this the proudest day of your career in terms of the combined thing with being No. 1?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, it's definitely one of the most important achievements and days in my life, in my career. We are all dedicated to this sport hundred percent. When you know you're going to be the best in the world and you're reaching the finals of your favourite tournament, it's something special.

Q. When you're playing in the era of Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal, how would you describe the difficulty in becoming No. 1 and what that signifies to you?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: That's true. That's a good question because both of them are incredibly consistent with their success and so dominant the last couple years. They don't give you a lot of chances to become No. 1.

So I guess you need to lose only one match in seven months to get there (laughter). If you can do that, then well done.

Q. For No. 1 to mean something, do you have to win the final on Sunday to really make it count?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Of course. It is something that I always dreamed of, you know, when I started playing tennis. I was always trying to visualize myself on Sunday, the last Sunday of Wimbledon. Being in the Wimbledon final it's 'the thing' for me.

It probably will feel great. I definitely will step on the court and try to win.

Q. Have you ever kissed the turf like that before?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I did. But now it felt unbelievable.

Q. How worried were you after losing the third set knowing that Tsonga came back before being two sets down?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, you know, he's a kind of player that feeds from the energy of the crowd. When he's in momentum, he can really be unstoppable at times, you know, hitting serves, from the baseline, especially forehands.

It was a little bit disappointing to lose that third set. But I tried to talk to myself on the changeover between sets and tried to focus and be calm and hold my emotions, not allow him to come back.

And as soon as I made the break on the start, I regained that rhythm and momentum.

Q. Did you realize how the people in your box celebrated once you were the winner?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I haven't seen it. I will watch it.

Q. It's been reported that you had dreams as a boy of being No. 1. Can you share with us was that at practice sessions in the morning? What were those dreams?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I think every child has a dream to become something in his life. We live from those dreams. Obviously I had a big support of my family and people around me that allowed me to have the opportunity to reach that dream, you know, to reach the life goal.

Yes, I mean, I started in the mountains. Started in a very small place, and then I continued in Belgrade practising tennis that wasn't really popular at the times. We were going through some really difficult periods. You know, our country had wars and stuff.

So, you know, it wasn't easy to hold that desire and really believe in yourself. But I always did, and the people close to me did. So, I mean, to reach here, it is something really special.

Q. Did you ever have doubts, maybe Roger and Rafa were too good, too many injuries, maybe I won't make it?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: There were times in last two, three years where it was really difficult when I was losing most of those important matches at the later stages of the majors against those two guys.

But, look, you know, I've always believed in myself. I have to say there were times when I questioned myself, but I always overcomed it because the belief was so strong.

You know, I knew that if I work hard, if I work on my game to try to improve it, get it to the stage where I feel comfortable to beat those guys. Competing with them, it is really challenging.

But, again, on the other side they make you improve. Because they are so good, you have to come up with your best tennis.

Q. From your comments a few moments ago, it sounds like this trophy is the one right now in your career you want to hold more than any other.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yes.

Q. Is that because it's in Europe, the grass, the prestige?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: It's just the tournament that I watched first. First time I watched tennis or anything related to tennis was Wimbledon tournament when I was four, five. I remember those days. I remember always Wimbledon being 'the one.'

Q. Jo said you played unbelievable today, especially on the defense. Was it your best performance from the beginning of the tournament?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: It was under the circumstances, it was probably the best. From the end of the first set. I was a bit nervous to start the match, but then when I broke him on 5 4, I felt that, you know, it's time for me to step up and earn the victory. I think I played quite well.

You know, he could have easily gone back to the match, you know, because there were games even in the fourth set, 4 2 up, Love 30. It's really difficult to play him because he's unpredictable. Sometimes he comes up with incredible winners and he turns it around.

But I'm happy that I stayed determined after losing the third set.

Q. When you fell to your back at the end of the match, were you thinking to yourself, I'm in the Wimbledon final or, I'm the world No. 1?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I was thinking to myself, because he was asking for challenge, that the ball would stay on the line. Otherwise, I would have to go back.

Q. What percentage you assign to winning the Davis Cup to this moment, the importance?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, up to this moment or maybe up to Sunday, it's still Davis Cup that brought me most joy on the tennis court because it's just team. It's a nation thing. It's not something that you won by yourself. It's with a team, with people, and you share it with everybody on the court.

It was just an incredible experience. Playing for the country is much different than playing for yourself.

Q. Can we say that the season you are having in part is because of this result winning the Davis Cup?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Partly, yes.

Q. Is it fair to say that after the incredible start you had to the year, you struggled with your confidence a little bit in this tournament at certain stages?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I wouldn't say it's confidence. Actually confidence was always there. I mean, it's obvious after losing one match in six, seven months, you could expect there will be one tournament where I will have some ups and downs, and this was the one.

I'm happy that I overcome matches against Baghdatis and Tomic, which were really difficult, you know, physically, emotionally. But, look, you know, to get to the finals of a Grand Slam, you cannot expect a player always to win comfortably every match.

Q. What words did you share with Jo at the net there?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: We were looking at the challenge first. He says, You never know. I said, Okay. I said, I do not, but let's see. He said, Okay, very good. We congratulate each other.

Q. The biggest improvement in your game seems to be on the serve since last year. Was that the missing link that brought you this success?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, I mean, definitely serve improved. In some difficult moments I can rely on that stroke in my game, which is very important.

I mean, I'm not reaching the level of Karlovic or something, but still I can use my serve in a good way. I have some variety and am trying to use it.

Q. Some analysts have said that even your slamming of the racquet on the court has improved. You did a really good job the other day.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Thank you (smiling).

Q. On a serious note, does that sometimes feel good to vent, let it all out?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: It feels good at the moment. But then when you actually do it, you realize where you have done it on the Centre Court of Wimbledon and then you question yourself: Was it the really good thing to do?

I'm emotional, so sometimes I do show my good emotions, bad emotions. Try to control it as much as I can, but it's part of me. I can't change myself.

Q. We don't know who your opponent will be next of course. If you could, take each one separately and discuss the potential matchups starting perhaps with Rafa.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: If I get to play Rafa it will be another important match that I play him, you know. This year we have played so many finals and important matches. Obviously even though it's a different surface, you know, I believe I can win against him.

He's been on a winning streak in Wimbledon for last, you know, I don't know, almost 20 matches. He's playing great on grass. He has still a lot of confidence and he knows how it feels like to win a trophy at Wimbledon. Me, I don't know, because I never been there.

But, look, you know, I have really nothing to lose. I will step on the court and be aggressive, you know, try to take it to him, because I don't want him to feel the control of the match.

If I get to play Andy, obviously he's a home favourite. He wants to be in the finals as much as I want it. I am sure that he, above all, wants to get his first Grand Slam title. This would be the perfect place.

I mean, he's been playing great. In last two, three months he, I think, started playing much better than he did in the opening three, four months of the year. We have quite similar styles of the game.

So I guess against both of those guys will be an even match.

Q. The finals in Australia would have hurt him, wouldn't it? I think he's admitted how much that hurt him.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, that's for him to answer really. But, look, he played in couple finals of a Grand Slam, three finals. But, you know, he came back. You have to give him credit for that. It's not easy.

Everybody knows that he can win a Grand Slam, but he didn't. But now he's coming back and he's playing really well on grass under all this pressure that he has here.

I'm sure he has a lot of motivation, so...

Q. Is it true that the first Grand Slam is the hardest one to win?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Probably, yes.

Q. But you and Andy are of a similar age. Have you grown in stature as a player since you won your first Grand Slam?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yes. I mean, we have developed into professional tennis players of very similar age. We have grown up together playing juniors circuit. Actually, first time we played we were 11 years old, 12 years old, in France. It's very long time ago, you know.

But it's great to see somebody, you know, in your generation doing so well. I mean, we played so many matches throughout last 10 years. But, you know, I know he will make it because he has a great game.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 22392.html

#309 03-07-2011 13:33:12

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Dziennikarz zapytał Novaka o szczegóły Jego diety bezglutenowej. Oto odpowiedź Serba:

"For example, I can tell you who is my girlfriend, but I cannot tell you what I do with my girlfriend. There is a difference, just to make it clear".

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#310 03-07-2011 19:55:01

Kubecki

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Novak Djokovic

#26) Wimbledon 2011

http://i.eurosport.pl/2011/07/03/736837-8740551-317-238.jpg

R128  Jeremy Chardy (FRA) 6-4 6-1 6-1
R64    Kevin Anderson (RSA) 6-3 6-4 6-2
R32    Marcos Baghdatis (CYP) 6-4 4-6 6-3 6-4
R16    Michael Llodra (FRA) 6-3 6-3 6-3
QF      Bernard Tomic (AUS) 6-2 3-6 6-3 7-5
SF      Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA) 7-6(4) 6-2 6-7(9) 6-3
W       Rafael Nadal (ESP) 6-4 6-1 1-6 6-3

#311 03-07-2011 23:51:04

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

3 wielkoszlemowy tytuł Djokovicia:

1. Australian Open 2008
2. Australian Open 2011
3. Wimbledon 2011

Serb został 3, najbardziej utytułowanym w WS zawodnikiem, z obecnie aktywnych tenisistów. Więcej tytułów od niego mają tylko Roger Federer (16) i Rafael Nadal (10).

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#312 04-07-2011 15:09:12

Robertinho

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer forever

Novak Djokovic factbox

Factbox on Novak Djokovic, who won his third Grand Slam and first Wimbledon title by beating Spain's Rafael Nadal in the final.

* Born: Belgrade, Serbia, May 22, 1987

MAKING HIS NAME

* He began playing tennis aged four.

* His father was a professional skier and wanted his son to be a skier or professional soccer player but changed his mind when Djokovic excelled at tennis from an early age.

* First full year on tour in 2005, made Grand Slam debut as a qualifier at the Australian Open, losing to Marat Safin in the first round. Finished as the youngest player (18 years, five months) inside the top 100.

* In 2006, he won his first ATP tour title at Amersfoort, follows that with second title indoors at Metz.

* Breakthrough year in 2007, he won five titles (Adelaide, Miami, Estoril, Montreal and Vienna) and made at least semi-finals in three of the four grand slams (French Open, Wimbledon, US Open)

* Coached by Slovak former ATP professional Marian Vajda since 2006.

* He is renowned for his impersonations of other players and celebrities.

* Has been known to get under players' skins, with incessant ball-bouncing before serving during matches.

GRAND SLAM AGONY AND ECSTASY

* He retired in the 2006 French Open quarter-finals against Nadal when trailing by two sets and again a year later due to blisters in the Wimbledon semi-final against the same opponent.

* In 2007 he advanced to his first Grand Slam final at the US Open at Flushing Meadows, losing to Federer 7-6 7-6 6-4.

* Broke the Federer-Nadal Grand Slam duopoly by beating Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in four sets to win his maiden major title at Melbourne Park in 2008.

* Failed to defend his title in Melbourne the following year after controversially pulling out of his quarter-final against Andy Roddick citing heat exhaustion on a sweltering day.

* Lost in the quarter-final at Melbourne Park to Tsonga last year when he suffered a stomach bug.

* Upset Federer in the semi-finals of the 2010 US Open before losing in four sets to Nadal in the final.

* Led Serbia to their first Davis Cup title with victory over France in Belgrade in December, 2010.

* Began 2011 by roaring through the draw at Melbourne Park including a straight-sets thrashing of Federer in the semi-final before taking down Murray to end his three-year wait for a second Grand Slam.

* Djokovic won his next six tournaments in Dubai, Indian Wells, Miami, Belgrade, Madrid and Rome. He did not lose again until June 3 when Federer ended his 41-match winning streak in 2011 in the French Open semi-finals.

* Secured the number one spot when the next rankings are published on July 4 by beating Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the Wimbledon semi-finals, then beat Nadal to clinch his third Grand Slam title.

* His Wimbledon win was his first grass-court title.

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/03072011/58/ … ctbox.html

#313 04-07-2011 17:10:11

jaccol55

Administrator

Wygląd strony wejściowej ATP, po objęciu przez Novaka fotelu lidera rankingu:

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/207/nole.jpg

#314 04-07-2011 18:58:50

Robertinho

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer forever

Wimbledon - Djokovic: Nadal is my example

http://d.yimg.com/i//ng/sp/eurosport/20110704/25/b50650125145d4bc9abd8da6fe453a98.jpg

Newly-crowned Wimbledon champion and world number one Novak Djokovic will take a leaf out of Rafael Nadal's book as he plans to make his domination of men's tennis a prolonged one.

The 24-year-old Serb had a spring in his step as returned to a sunny All England Club on Monday to say his goodbyes before jetting home to Belgrade to bask in the glory of his 6-4 6-1 1-6 6-3 victory over Nadal in the previous day's final.

Just one defeat in 49 matches this year, eight titles including the Australian Open and Wimbledon and then becoming the first player other than Roger Federer or Nadal to top the ATP rankings since January 2004, it is hard to imagine how things could get much better for Djokovic.

The Belgrade native is already setting his sights even higher though.

"I want to improve," Djokovic told a small group of reporters after being presented with a cake decorated in Serbian red, white and blue on the Wimbledon players' lawn.

"The example for me is Nadal. A few years ago we all knew how dominant he was on clay but maybe not so much on the other surfaces. Nobody thought he could get any better but he did.

"Me too, I still consider myself as a player with something to prove and to improve my game."

Djokovic, who effectively ended Nadal's 56-week stay as world number one on Friday when he beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the semi-finals, was officially unveiled as the 25th player to top the rankings when the ATP published its list on Monday.

While proud of his new status, Djokovic said the tough work was about to begin.

"I've never been number one in the world so I don't really know what it feels like yet," he said. "But I'm going to experience that in this next period of my career.

"They say it's harder to stay number one than to get to number one. I will see if that's true or not but I will definitely try to stay there as long as I can."

After going 41 matches unbeaten from the start of the season, some were waiting for the amiable Serb to suffer an inevitable dip after Federer snapped his winning streak in the French open semi-finals.

However, his response has been overwhelmingly positive and according to Djokovic, that is down to his new-found maturity.

"I'm proud of many things but after having the incredible year and the incredible run to then lose at Roland Garros in really an epic semi-final to Federer, a great match, I'm really proud of how I recovered from that," he said.

"I managed to come back in great style and win Wimbledon in a great way and that's something I maybe wasn't managing to do in the past. Now I'm able to mentally switch off and recover quickly."

Djokovic is expected to be welcomed home by thousands in the Serbian capital later on Monday but the real party, and a chance to savour his exploits, will have to wait until after Davis Cup duty in Sweden this weekend.

"It's a bit early to realise what I've done," he said. "I'm still euphoric, I'm still having the adrenaline rush and in the great joy of winning Wimbledon and having a great season so far.

"I have Davis Cup coming up this weekend then after that I have two weeks of rest. I will go down to the beach, leave my rackets in the room and close my eyes under the sun and then I might reflect on everything that has happened."

After that it will be back to work.

"For now the goal is to (have) some time for myself and enjoy the victory. Then I want to come back and win more titles, more majors. I'm a professional and that is what I'm made for. The U.S. Open is the next big thing.

"Hardcourts are still my best surface."

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/04072011/58/ … ample.html

#315 04-07-2011 22:39:50

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Djoković 25 liderem ranking ATP, pierwszym Serbem na tenisowym szczycie.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/9A1F844F80AA4F459DC76BB5157FCEA9.ashx

1. Pete Sampras - 286 tygodni jako #1
--------------------------------------------
24. Patrick Rafter - 1
25. Novak Djoković - 1

Wiek w chwili awansu na fotel lidera rankingu ATP: 24 lata, 1 miesiąc, 12 dni.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#316 04-07-2011 22:50:33

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Djokovic Becomes 25th Player In History To Rise To No. 1

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/9A1F844F80AA4F459DC76BB5157FCEA9.ashx
Novak Djokovic rose to No. 1
one day after winning the Wimbledon title.

Serbia’s Novak Djokovic, who has won 48 of his 49 matches in 2011, took over the No. 1 position in the South African Airways ATP Rankings on Monday, replacing Rafael Nadal, who had held the top spot since June 7, 2010.

Djokovic was guaranteed to move to No. 1 as a result of his semi-final win over Jo-Wilfried Tsonga at Wimbledon on Friday. Nadal had been No. 1 for the past 56 weeks since June 7, 2010, and 102 weeks overall. Djokovic, who had ranked No. 2 behind Nadal since March 21, is the first Serbian male to rank No. 1 in the history of South African Airways ATP Rankings (since Aug. 23, 1973).

The last player to rank No. 1 before Nadal and Roger Federer was American Andy Roddick, the week of January 26, 2004.

“This is an amazing achievement to get to the top spot, especially with rivals such as Rafa and Roger,” said Djokovic. “They made me work so hard and made me improve every day. There are no words to express how good they are but I always thought that I could become No. 1 one day. Both the belief and the hard work took me there.”

At 24 years, 1 month, 12 days, the Belgrade native is the 25th player in the history of the South African Airways ATP Rankings (since 1973) to hold the No. 1 position in the official rankings in men's tennis. He is the 14th European player to rank No. 1.

Djokovic leads the ATP World Tour with a career-best eight titles in 2011, including his second Australian Open crown in January and his first Wimbledon trophy on Sunday. He also captured four ATP World Tour Masters 1000 titles (Indian Wells, Miami, Madrid, Rome). His overall 43-match winning run, dating back to last year’s Davis Cup final, is the third-longest streak in the Open Era, behind Guillermo Vilas (46) and Ivan Lendl (44).

ATP Executive Chairman & President Adam Helfant said: “Novak’s results over the past year have been remarkable. His 43-match winning streak is one of sport’s greatest stories of the year, not to mention his triumphs at the Australian Open, Wimbledon, and six ATP World Tour events. His phenomenal success has come during an incredibly competitive era in men’s tennis and he is a truly deserving new ATP World Tour No.1.”

In May, Djokovic became the first player to qualify for the season-ending Barclays ATP World Tour Finals in London. It is the fifth straight year that he has qualified for the elite eight-player tournament.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … -No-1.aspx

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#317 04-07-2011 22:50:35

jaccol55

Administrator

DJOKOVIC'S DREAM THREE DAYS

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/26B492B8E3424CB983691BE906627148.ashx
Novak Djokovic celebrates winning
his first Wimbledon title.

Two childhood goals became a reality for Novak Djokovic at The Championships this year, when he lifted the famous golden Wimbledon trophy above his head on Sunday - just five hours before he was officially crowned the 25th player to rank No. 1 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings.

The Serbian, who has won 48 of his past 49 matches this year, was lost for words when he was asked to sum up his feelings after he beat Spaniard Rafael Nadal 6-4, 6-1, 1-6, 6-3 in the final on Centre Court.

"I can't find words to describe the feeling that I have right now," said Djokovic, shortly after he captured the third Grand Slam championship title of his eight-season professional career. "I managed to achieve a lifetime goal and I managed to make my dream come true, all in three days' time. It's just an incredible feeling that I'm never going to forget. This is the best day of my tennis career.

"Any athlete in the world dreams of being No. 1 of the world. So finally when you really do it and when you know that you're the best, it's just an amazing achievement.

"This success kind of makes you rewind [to] the old days. [It] makes you come back to your childhood and remember what you've been through to get to this stage."

Djokovic, who now has a 3-2 record in major finals, admitted at times in the past few years he was "a little bit" frustrated when Roger Federer and Nadal were at the top of men's professional tennis, but he now realises it has been part of a learning process as a sportsman.

"They have been the two most dominant players in the world the last five years," said 24-year-old Djokovic. "They have won most of the majors we are playing. So sometimes it did feel a little bit frustrating when you kind of get to the latter stages of a Grand Slam. They always come up with their best tennis when it matters the most.

"But it's a process of learning, a process of developing and improving as a tennis player, as a person, and just finding the way to mentally overcome those pressures and expectations and issues that you have. I always believed that I had [the] quality to beat those two guys. I always believed I had [the] quality to win majors.

"After the Davis Cup win [in December versus France] I was full of life, full of energy, eager to come back to the tennis court, eager to play some more, win some other tournaments. In a sentence, I lost my fear.  I believed in my abilities more than ever.  Australia was one of the best tournaments I played in my life."

The Belgrade native now has a 12-16 lifetime record against Nadal, including victories in his past five matches over the Mallorcan star. Only two other men in the Open Era (since 1968) have won their first career grass-court titles at Wimbledon – Michael Stich in 1991 and Andre Agassi in 1992.

"Obviously [today], it was the best tennis match on grass courts that I've played ever," said Djokovic. "It came [at] the right moment. I think most of the tennis players rate this Grand Slam as the most important tournament in our sport."

Djokovic is now ready to capture more major championships. "This is what I'm born for. I want to win more Grand Slams. I will definitely not stop here."

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … Dream.aspx

DJOKOVIC: "IT STILL HASN'T SUNK IN"

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/8A74CFA3B4D34490B23863AA3FFC8990.ashx
Novak Djokovic says there is plenty more to come
as he aims to conquer Roland Garros, the US Open,
and Olympic Gold.

New ATP World Tour No. 1 and Wimbledon champion Novak Djokovic was a man in demand on Monday morning as he conducted a media tour on the competitors’ lawn at the All England Club.

After attending the Wimbledon Champions’ Dinner on Sunday evening, the elated Serb had eventually got to bed after midnight. But before flying home to Serbia on Monday afternoon, he returned to the scene of his third major triumph to share his thoughts with the world’s media.

The 24 year old spent 35 minutes filming television interviews with the BBC, Sky Italia, Sky News, ITN, CNN, ATP World Tour Uncovered, his racquet sponsor HEAD, and B92 Serbia, before heading downstairs to chat exclusively to the British national daily newspapers, and international publications such as L’Equipe, New York Times, Gazzetta Dello Sport and the Wall Street Journal.

“I still haven’t had enough time to realise the success that I had. I’m sure in the next couple of days I’ll start to think about how big this win is,” said Djokovic. “I’m about to celebrate with my people back in Serbia, we are all going there and will try to find out how big of a deal this is. For me it’s just incredible, I’m living the dream. I’m very proud that the people in my country are sharing this success.”

Since the start of 2011, Djokovic has compiled a 48-1 mark, winning eight tour-level titles, also including the Australian Open. But he’s not done yet. “I achieved the best two most important goals in my life here at Wimbledon, but I definitely want to come back for some more,” he said. “I want to win more Grand Slams. I want to stay No. 1 as long as I can and try to win the US Open, the French Open and next year the Olympic medal. There’s a lot more to prove.”

The Belgrade native was quick to banish the notion that the Nadal-Federer era had come to an end after finishing their eight-year reign at Wimbledon, but added that the men’s game is now more competitive; a trait he feels is better for tennis. “Their rivalry is still on. They are still the two most dominant players that we have in the game. Federer is still playing great; he showed that at the French Open and I’m sure he wants to come back and win more majors.

“Then you have Nadal who is at the top of his form and Murray who, I think, in the last three or four months has been a real contender for a Grand Slam title. He needs to make the final step at a Grand Slam and I’m sure he will. Now, more so than in the last five years, I think more players are able to win majors and more players are candidates for the top spots.  It feels good for the sport to have some new faces. It makes it more attractive.”

After a brief spell at home, Djokovic will fly to Halmstad, Sweden on Tuesday for defending Davis Cup champion Serbia’s quarter-final tie. He is joined in the team by Viktor Troicki, Janko Tipsarevic and Nenad Zimonjic against a Swedish side that is without World No. 5 Robin Soderling.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … -Tour.aspx

#318 04-07-2011 22:56:34

jaccol55

Administrator

DJOKOVIC: "IT STILL HASN'T SUNK IN"
TRIBUTE

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/872EAE4EA9044F6EA18ED79451952C68.ashx
Novak Djokovic is the 25th different player to hold down the No. 1 position
in the South African Airways ATP Rankings.

Dusk is spreading over the Arabian desert and at Dubai’s Aviation Club, the site of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships, Novak Djokovic and team are sitting up straight around a poolside table. A couple of hours earlier, in his first tournament since winning the Australian Open, he scrapped through a tough three-set win over Feliciano Lopez. Despite the victory, the mood at the table seems to be one of concern.

“Normally, we do not have these meetings during the tournament, but rather before the start of the tournament or before we travel anywhere,” says Djokovic. “We try make sure that the organisational and analysis part is good and that the communication between the team members is clear. It is really important to have good relations between the members of the team so everyone can produce their best work.”

Whatever alarm flag that shot up which caused the meeting must have been solved, because since then Djokovic went on a tear, going undefeated until the semi-finals of Roland Garros. After Dubai, it often looked like he was incapable of losing a set, much less a match. That very thing even attracted the attention of those at the Monte Carlo players’ party, where Team Djokovic’s quality control meetings were parodied by good friend Janko Tipsarevic.

At the end of 2009, Novak Djokovic said, “To reach that goal [World No. 1], I’m going to have to be very successful at the major tournaments. I haven’t done a great job at the Grand Slams, which wasn’t the case in the last two years.”

Despite making the final of the US Open (l. to Nadal) and a semi-final loss at Wimbledon to Tomas Berdych, the major highlight to 2010 was leading Serbia to the Davis Cup title. Whether that served as a catalyst to his incredible run through 2011 is anyone’s guess, but it is a pretty good starting point.  You could say that Novak was now starting to tick off some boxes from long ago laid plans.

Novak’s journey began at the age of six years old when he was brought to Serbia’s Jelena Gencic’s attention. It was Gencic who discovered Monica Seles.

“When little Novak came to me I needed only one week with him to be sure,” says Gencic. “On the fifth day I asked him in front of his parents, ‘Novak do you want to spend the next seven, eight years training very hard every day, sometimes with smiles and sometimes with tears?’ He said, ‘Yes, I want to be great.’ He was only six years old but he had the eyes, and the heart and the soul of a champion. I was so sure that he would make it.”

Oftentimes after evening practice, young Djokovic would accompany Gencic back to her Belgrade apartment so he could watch videos of men’s and women’s tennis champions.

“Maybe that is how he became so good at imitating other players' movements,” says Gencic. “He loved so much watching videos of the great champions like Agassi, Sampras and Edberg. He would say to me, ‘Please, Jelena, explain to me how Sampras can hit the running forehand parallel?’ Then I must explain to this little boy which leg to stop with and which leg to transfer weight forward with and so on. And you know, he never took his eyes off of mine the entire time I am explaining him the technique. This child was so hungry for tennis knowledge.”

“There is one other thing that we used to do,” continues Gencic. “I used classical music to teach him visualisation. We would listen to a composition and afterwards I would ask him what he heard and what he felt. One time after listening to Tchaikovsky 1812 overture he says to me, ‘My heart feels blissful. And my skin is like the flesh of a goose.’ Can you imagine a seven year old boy feeling and saying such things?”

“I remember her setting up bars very high for me early in my career,” Djokovic recalls of his time with Gencic. “She always made me look at all the champions of the men’s and women’s game at the time to try and analyse their games to always try to have the winning attitude. And she also taught me to have a lot of confidence in myself and be very dedicated to the sport.”

While his improved serve, fitness and weight loss get much of the attention, those that know him best point to his mind and intelligence as his real weapon.

“I think his mindset now is just that he is a much better poker player,” says Mats Wilander. “He might be bluffing on the inside, but he is not bluffing on the outside. No one knows what he is thinking, he has a great poker face. And he has matured tremendously. If he was a five or six mentally before then he is a 10 now.”

Former World No. 1 Thomas Muster knows a thing or two about chasing legends from his time playing with Pete Sampras.

“I feel that he has really grown into his boots the last couple of years,” says Muster. “He has been delivering the results. He lost quite a bit of a weight and he is more flexible, with more range, and when he runs he gets more balls back. You can tell that there has been a lot of work going on in his camp. He has moved into a league of being a true star. Now things will get even tougher as the challenge and desire will be to remain No. 1.”

Muster mentioned something that all the coaches and players in the locker room have noticed this year. Team Djokovic has been hard at work. Everything from specialised balancing drills in the gym to regulated nutrition to pre-match visualisation sessions in private rooms has all contributed. But also, players point out his more offensive tactics during the point.

“Obviously, his serve is much improved,” observes Goran Ivanisevic. “But he is much more aggressive than last year. In my opinion, he was a bit too defensive in the past because he was so great at it. But now, he is much more aggressive. He attacks so much better.”

While his game and results speak volumes, it is his personality that has attracted a legion of fans around the world. Whether it is imitations of his fellow players, commercials, or his often colourful entrances onto center court, Novak Djokovic is an entertainer. Mansour Bahrami is one who can appreciate what Novak brings to the fans.

“He is great for tennis,” says Bahrami. “He does great imitation of all the players, which I think it is fantastic. During the tournaments his focus is great, and he is even more serious this year. The difference between us is that he is a great player and good entertainer. I am only an entertainer. When Novak wins tennis matches he makes people smile.”

And so far in 2011 Novak Djokovic has given tennis plenty of reasons to smile. Though Mats Wilander cautions that while achieving the game’s No. 1 status is a truly great achievement, it is not all fun and games.

“Going from world number three to one is much easier than going from one to three,” says Wilander. “It is great to be chasing. That was easily the best year of my career. The pressure of No. 1 can really mess with your head.”

That is a bridge that Novak Djokovic will happily cross now.

“I have always been going towards that lifetime goal and that is to be No. 1,” admits Djokovic. “To be the best is what drives me.”

Congratulations Novak Djokovic. The odyssey is complete and the dream has finally become a reality.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/DEUCE- … ibute.aspx

#319 04-07-2011 23:01:07

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Najwyższa pozycja w karierze: 1

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#320 05-07-2011 12:50:32

jaccol55

Administrator

Nole na prezydenta?

Stopka forum

RSS