* mtenis.pun.pl - forum tenisowe, Tenis ATP

mtenis.pun.pl - forum fanów tenisa ATP

Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#281 04-06-2011 19:10:06

Serenity

User

Re: Novak Djoković

Dlaczego Djoković nie wystartuje w Queen's?

Drugi tenisista światowego rankingu w piątek odpadł w półfinale turnieju na kortach im. Rolanda Garrosa. Novak Djoković ogłosił po porażce z Rogerem Federerem, że wycofuje się z najbliższej imprezy na obiektach w Queen's Club.

Oficjalnym powodem jest chęć odpoczynku po trudach paryskiego turnieju.

Pojawiają się jednak spekulacje, że 24-letni zawodnik ma ponowne kłopoty z kolanem. To z tego powodu nie grał przez kilka tygodni po zakończeniu pierwszej części sezonu na sztucznej nawierzchni. Novak ma ponoć zapalenie ścięgien w lewej kończynie.

Turniej w Queen's jest głównym sprawdzianem przed Wimbledonem.

W imprezie mają wziąć tymczasem udział Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray, Andy Roddick i Juan Martin del Potro.

http://www.eurosport.pl/tenis/djokovic- … tory.shtml

#282 04-06-2011 20:19:45

Serenity

User

RG 2011 - konferencja po porażce w półfinale.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/multi … 00288.html

#283 06-06-2011 18:02:55

jaccol55

Administrator

Lol.

#284 06-06-2011 18:11:08

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Kurde, bardzo sympatyczny i wyluzowany ten Nole się wydaje.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#285 08-06-2011 22:19:15

ginny

User

Legendary Andre Agassi, a holder of 60 ATP titles, believes it’s only a matter of time before Novak takes the top position in the ATP Ranking list.

“I don’t worry for Novak,” Agassi said. “Of course, the disappointment was huge, but he surely realises he is playing better than anyone else this season and his only option is to continue in the same rhythm. His clash with Roger was one of the finest I’ve ever seen. Everyone thought Novak would win, he really looked invincible and gave away an impression he was unstoppable on his run. That is why I think he will put this defeat behind him, bounce back the right way and get back on track.”

“Once he does that, he will be back to winning ways at big tennis events. There are two more Grand Slam tournaments before the end of the season. If I was in his place, I would start thinking ahead to Wimbledon. I think he will be even better there and hungrier for success.”

Agassi also commented on the strengths of Nole’s game.

“His return is incredible. He sometimes appears as if it’s easier for him to be on the receiving end of a serve, than to serve himself.”

The American legend believes Novak is a better player than he was, citing the Serb’s versatility and athleticism as key strengths.

“Does Djokovic resemble myself?” Agassi said. “No, he is even better. He defends really well, while I struggled more in that element of the game. Novak looks totally relaxed when defending, completely calm and the quality of his return is incredible. He is also extremely flexible in his game, which is facilitated by his ability to anticipate his rival’s moves. That is why I think he is a much more versatile player than I was and he is also much more athletic.”

http://www.novakdjokovic.rs/news.php?ak … 89&jezik=2

Ostatnio edytowany przez ginny (09-06-2011 12:30:19)

#286 08-06-2011 22:23:31

jaccol55

Administrator

Źródło artykułu?

Zawsze kiedy coś wklejamy, należy podać źródło artykułu.

#287 09-06-2011 12:30:50

ginny

User

A no tak, już dodane

#288 13-06-2011 20:34:38

ginny

User

Nowe video Novaka zrobione z mt:s

Eh...czy wam też nie wyświetla się filmik w poście, tylko sam link? Jak mogę zrobić, żeby się wyświetlił?

Ostatnio edytowany przez ginny (13-06-2011 20:37:04)

#289 13-06-2011 21:16:21

jaccol55

Administrator

Novak jednoczy się z ludem.

ginny napisał:

Eh...czy wam też nie wyświetla się filmik w poście, tylko sam link? Jak mogę zrobić, żeby się wyświetlił?

Pod każdym filmikiem na YT masz opcję "Udostępnij", następnie wchodzisz w opcję "Umieść". Potem wklej ten kod w znaczniki [html][/html] i voila.

#290 14-06-2011 13:31:49

ginny

User

Dzięki wielkie.

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2272/uvlugago2011784x0.jpg

Okładka L'Uomo Vogue na Lipiec/Sierpień, pozuje razem z pieskiem Mr Pierre

#291 18-06-2011 23:55:29

jaccol55

Administrator

DJOKOVIC ON “STRONGEST APPROACH” TO WIMBLEDON

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/EBF2DF2FAC4A45259C50559B29B0B85D.ashx
Djokovic considers Nadal and Federer
the favourites to win Wimbledon.

World No. 2 Novak Djokovic believes he has his best chance of winning the Wimbledon title this season after a near-perfect six months. The Serbian, a two-time semi-finalist at the All England Club, opened 2011 with a 41-1 match record, with his only defeat coming in the Roland Garros semi-finals two weeks ago.

“I feel good physically and mentally,” said Djokovic on Saturday. “I feel I have the strongest approach to Wimbledon that I ever had because of the confidence that I have, and because the last six months have been the best six months of my career.”

The 24 year old led Serbia to Davis Cup glory in December and opened this season by winning his second Grand Slam championship at the Australian Open. His winning streak took in seven titles before he ultimately fell to Roger Federer in a high-quality clash in Paris. Hungry for more, the Belgrade native is now craving more Grand Slam success.

“I don't want to turn back on what happened already. I really want to be at the present time and really do my best to prepare for every tournament that I play in,” said Djokovic. “Obviously, Grand Slams are the most important events in our sport. I want to set my shape and my form as high as possible to perform my best tennis on Grand Slams.

“I think every player in the world has motivation more to play better and to perform better on the Grand Slams because the whole world is watching.”

During his pre-tournament press conference, Djokovic also reflected on the domination of the two players he deemed favourites for the Wimbledon title, Rafael Nadal and Federer. Between them they have won the past eight Wimbledon championships, with Lleyton Hewitt the last man to triumph in 2002.

“I guess you can always put Federer and Nadal in front of everybody else to win Wimbledon because they have been so successful on the grass courts in the past couple of years and they've been winning the past eight Wimbledons,” said Djokovic.

“I guess every time you expect the match between Federer and Nadal, it's always the biggest match that exists in tennis.  I think they have the biggest rivalry among active players; maybe the biggest rivalry ever. So it's just great to be part of the era with those two guys.”

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … eview.aspx

#292 22-06-2011 00:25:49

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Djokovic Ready For More Success

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/B6698BEA35E54B68AB335030CA0CE6D0.ashx
Djokovic won 14 of the final 16 games against Chardy Tuesday at Wimbledon.

World No. 2 Novak Djokovic made a strong start at Wimbledon Tuesday, sweeping past Jeremy Chardy 6-4, 6-1, 6-1 in one hour and 20 minutes on Centre Court. After the two were even at 4-4 in the first set, Djokovic won 14 of the next 16 games to clinch the victory.

The Serbian put together a complete performance to overwhelm Chardy; he protected his serve well, facing just one break point, and was equally impressive on return, breaking the Frenchman six times in 10 opportunities.

“I'm very satisfied with the way I started the tournament,” he said. “Today's performance was great.  The serve was very accurate. It was quite difficult conditions for both of us because we had to face the strong wind.  So I went more for the precision, and I got the returns when I needed to. Really, really happy with the overall performance.”

Djokovic was in action for the first time since losing his first match of the season in the semi-finals of Roland Garros to Roger Federer. The Swiss ended Djokovic’s undefeated 2011 reign in Paris, which saw the Serb reel off 41 straight wins to start the season.

“It's been a very, very successful five, six months for me, but very long as well and exhausting,” reflected Djokovic. “I've played so many matches, so I needed some time to relax and I'm happy to see that I'm playing well again, that I'm mentally really fresh to have more success.”

The Serbian felt optimistic about his chances at the All England Club, after two semi-final finishes in 2007 and ’10.

“It's true there is a different approach to this year's Wimbledon from my side because I'm playing, I think, best tennis of my life in the last six months,” he stated. “That's why confidence wise, I believe in myself much more on the court and I know I can perform well, equally well, on this surface as I do on the other ones.”

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … Start.aspx

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#293 22-06-2011 20:53:31

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 1 rundzie

Q. It's very early, your first match in the tournament. But this is the first Wimbledon since you were a teenager that people aren't expecting necessarily a Federer/Nadal final. One of the stories of this year is you've played yourself into that rivalry. How do you think about that? You're friends with Rafa. How does that change your approach, if it does?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, first of all, I'm very satisfied with the way I started the tournament. Today's performance was great. As you said, the serve was very accurate. It was quite difficult conditions for both of us because we had to face the strong wind. So I went more for the precision, and I got the returns when I needed to. Really, really happy with the overall performance. Rafa and Roger are two biggest favorites to win this tournament because of the fact that they've been so dominant the last couple years, especially on the grass courts. They are the only two players who have been winning this tournament for quite some time. Obviously, there is Andy Murray, who is home favorite. He's playing really well on grass courts, Wimbledon, last couple years. It's true there is a different approach to this year's Wimbledon from my side because I'm playing, I think, best tennis of my life in the last six months. That's why confidence wise, you know, I believe in myself much more on the court and I know I can perform well, equally well, on this surface as I do on the other ones. As you said, it's a bit too early to think about the later stages of the tournament. So I'd like to, you know, take one match at a time.

Q. You only dropped 11 points on serve. Can you ever remember being so dominant on serve in a five set match?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I'm not great with the stats. But it is definitely one of the, yeah, most dominant matches regarding the serve. Especially on the grass court, you need the serve. You need to have the accuracy, efficiency. You need to get a lot of free points in order to, you know, put a pressure on your opponent.

Q. Were you pleased how quickly you adapted to the win?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: It's the first match in Wimbledon this year. First official match that I had on grass. So, you know, it took some time to get adjusted. But all the credit to him for serving the first set the way he did. It was really hard because he had a really high percentage of first serves. But that break on 4 All was a turning point. I think was crucial. Was important to start off with a set advantage.

Q. How much would you wish that Caroline Wozniacki was here to ask the questions instead of us?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I wish.

Q. Better questions.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: She's great. We have a lot of fun off court.

Q. Following her question, you have one winning streak.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yes, it came true, whatever she said.

Q. How do you relax yourself during the Wimbledon tournament? You play golf?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, yeah. You know, as soon as the tournament starts, you're spending most of the time on the courts or, you know, watching tennis on the TV, just trying to save as much energy as you can, try to focus, try to get your body in best possible shape for the upcoming challenges, upcoming matches. You know, you don't have that much free time. I think what's very nice about this tournament is that you have the opportunity to stay in a house. Most of the players are staying around this area. There's a lot of beautiful nature, beautiful parks. So it's great. Fresh air is really important sometimes to get out of the city.

Q. You looked like you had some strapping on your left knee. Is that just a precaution?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No, just a precaution. I have it on every match that I've played this year. I've had the tape on my knee. Since Australia, you know, I have been feeling a little bit uncomfortable. It's nothing serious, but I just want to be cautious about it.

Q. A little while ago you were the focus of all the talk in tennis. Today there's plenty of room to stretch out, not that much focus on you. Talk about this new stage. Do you enjoy having a breather, that not everyone is concentrating on you?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, it's been a best winning streak, the longest that I've had in my career. And it's incredible, the amount of matches I have won in a row. It was definitely surprising for myself, as well. And, obviously, with the seven titles that I've won in a row, you know, I got more attention. You know, it was easier this year for me to handle things on and off the court because I have gained the necessary experience in past couple years playing on the top level and knowing how to handle myself on the court, how to, you know, be dedicated every single day, and how to handle the attention that you have. It's kind of normal. It comes with the success. So when this streak ended, you know, in Paris, it was kind of a relief as well because, you know, it's been a very, very successful five, six months for me, but very long as well and exhausting. I've played so many matches. So I needed some time to relax and I'm happy to see that I'm playing well again, you know, that I'm mentally really fresh to have more success.

Q. Tennis is a game of cycles and growth. Inside Novak Djokovic, does he feel that he's ready to win Wimbledon?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I need to believe that. I have to be optimist. There is no use of being anything else.

Q. On the night that the streak ended, you went out to have some fun in Paris. You were even tweeting. Do you remember anything about that night? Looked like you were very happy.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, it wasn't a relief, as I said. This is sport. You win, you lose, it's normal. Of course, it was disappointing for me to lose my first match this year in the semifinals of Roland Garros in probably the most important match this year. But look, you know, it had to come sometime. I just needed an hour, hour and a half to really forget about it and move on. It's normal. We tennis players, we have to get used to losing, as well. Sometimes you have tournaments, big tournaments, week after week. So we really need to refresh.

Q. Do you have any superstitions of any description before you go into a big tournament like this?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Not anything particular that I can say that I depend from a superstition. I do have my own routines, you know. Usually if I travel, and we mostly travel to the same places and we play the same tournaments, so we get to see the same people, we get to stay at the same hotels or houses. I don't call that any superstition. It's just a routine. If something makes you feel comfortable, then, you know, you have no reason to change it.

Q. You've beaten Rafael Nadal four times in a final this year. I can't remember him losing four finals. How does that affect your interpersonal dynamic with him? When you're in the locker room with him, how does that change?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Look, you know, we are professionals. Of course, when we step on the court, we want to win. So it is definitely a biggest challenge if you're playing your big rival, someone that is on top of the men's tennis, and especially if he is No. 1 of the world. To be able to win four finals against him was an amazing achievement. This year actually in Indian Wells was the first time I ever won against him in the finals. You know, I've lost many finals against him before. It all happens. It all changes. Hopefully we can have many more to come.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 06136.html

#294 24-06-2011 13:08:48

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Troszkę starszy artykuł, jeszcze z RG:

Djokovic: I can't be mates with Andy and Rafa while we're fighting for a place in history

Novak Djokovic had an unexpected companion for lunch here last week. An impeccably groomed snow-white toy poodle snuggled alongside him on a cushioned seat at a pavement table.
'This is Pierre,' said Djokovic, courteously.

Clearly, he blends perfectly into his adopted home in Monaco which he shares with girlfriend Jelena Ristic.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/21/article-1389547-0C30430200000578-341_634x461.jpg
Winning streak: Novak Djokovic hopes to maintain his good form and become the world No.1

Even so, the sight of Djokovic surreptitiously smuggling his pet a titbit of noodles is hard to reconcile with his image as a rugged, 6ft 2in athlete who, through strength, skill and unshakeable confidence has taken the game of tennis hostage this year. Djokovic will celebrate his 24th birthday today as the most feared player in the game and the man most likely to inflict yet more pain on Rafael Nadal over the next fortnight at the tournament that has been the Spaniard's tennis fiefdom for five of the past six years. Djokovic prefers to play down speculation over his chances at the French Open, in Paris, insisting: 'I don't want to be unnaturally modest, but Rafa deserves to be favourite. He's lost only one match at Roland Garros; and he's the most successful player ever to play this game on clay.'
Yet Nadal, Roger Federer and Andy Murray have lived for the past four months in the shadow of Djokovic since he defeated the British No 1 in the final of the Australian Open in January to put in motion a run of 37 consecutive victories.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/21/article-1389547-0CF92008000005DC-621_634x452.jpg
Old pals act: Djokovic (left) and Andy Murray are the best of friends off court

'Of course, I'm aware these results are rating me in front of Nadal, but I'd disagree with that,' said Djokovic. 'After all, he's beaten me twice at Roland Garros.'
But Nadal can testify that Djokovic has improved his game beyond recognition to overtake Federer as the most potent threat to the Spaniard's place at the summit of the sport, having been victorious at seven tournaments in Melbourne, Dubai, Indian Wells (California), Miami, Belgrade, Madrid and Rome.
Last Sunday in Rome, Djokovic did not get to bed until 4am before returning to the court to play Nadal just 14 hours later, having been stretched to the limit of his resources by Murray in an epic semi-final.
After two brutal sets, Nadal looked a haunted man as Djokovic claimed his fourth victory over him this year; should the Serb win the French Open he will replace the Spaniard as the world No 1.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/21/article-1389547-07626DC1000005DC-672_306x423.jpg
Joker in the pack: Djokovic

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/21/article-1389547-0B46FDD500000578-340_306x423.jpg
Jokers in the pack: Djokovic and Nadal

Yet, rather than sound triumphal, Djokovic presents his achievements over the past months in the context of the dominance Federer and Nadal have enjoyed over the previous seven years.
'I have only nice words to say about Rafa,' said Djokovic. 'He always wants to improve and you never see him disrespect another player.
'And Roger, well, his results say everything. With 16 Grand Slam titles, he's the most successful player ever. He may lose a little more often, but everything can change in the next month if he wins in Paris and at Wimbledon.
'But it's good for the sport to see myself and Murray challenging them. I think Roger, Rafa, Andy and myself have a very civil relationship, with a great respect for one another.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/21/article-1389547-028C5C0600000578-330_634x424.jpg
Veteran ace: Roger Federer's titles speak for themselves, insists Djokovic

'Sometimes, I have dinner with Andy or Rafa; but the reality is none of us can be real mates while we are fighting for history. But one day, when we've all retired, I look forward to sitting down over a beer with them all, and their families, and remember what we went through.'
Murray was among the first to text a congratulatory message to Djokovic last Sunday.
'It was good of Andy to send me a message. I wished him a happy birthday in return,' he revealed. 'If the match had gone past midnight and become his birthday, who knows, but Andy would probably have won!'

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/21/article-1389547-0C1EB42B00000578-911_306x423.jpg
Love match: Girlfriend Jelena Ristic is keen to keep out of the limelight

Their rivalry is already a dozen years old, having trailed one another across Europe in junior tournaments in the age group one year beneath Nadal.
'In our first match, aged 12, Andy destroyed me,' he said, with a laugh at the memory.
'Even then, we all knew that Nadal was winning everything he played. He was a wunderkind.'
For Murray, this summer is a road to redemption after he took an undue amount of time to recover from the defeat by Djokovic on that January night in Melbourne which sent them in different directions.
Djokovic empathises with the slump Murray endured.
'After I took the first set in Australia, Andy's focus and energy level dropped,' he recalled. 'You can sense these things. But I know he has the ability to win a Grand Slam, he's a great talent.
'So much of this game is in the mind. I sympathise with what happened to Andy this year. When I lost to Nadal in Madrid in 2009, after an incredible three-set match lasting almost four-and-a-half hours, I lost my self-belief.
'You have to work back, step by step, that's why this sport is so demanding mentally. I think Andy looked good again in the way he played me in Rome.'
Djokovic has travelled a rough road, from a childhood spent in Serbia's most troubled recent past, then in exile at a tennis academy in Germany, to arrive at a point where his life is as perfect as his tennis results. Djokovic admits his contentment has been hard won. 'I've had my ups and downs in my private life,' he said.
'Over the last three or four years, I have been through good times and bad times. This affected my professional life, it's all connected. It's different for me now. I have grown up. I can handle myself, it's a natural process.
'Mostly the problems when I was down were caused by myself. There were times when I was not responsible enough or decisive enough. But you learn. I'm a happy man, because I am successful in what I do, of course; but what makes me most happy is I have people around me that I love and who love me back. This, for me, is the most important thing. Nobody likes to be alone.'
Looking ahead: Djokovic relishing a return to London to play at Queen's Club

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/22/article-1389547-09F7A236000005DC-309_634x621.jpg
Looking ahead: Djokovic relishing a return to London to play at Queen's Club

His five-year romance with his girlfriend, although she is rarely seen at tournaments, is also fundamental to the mindset that has enabled him continually to rout Nadal and to beat Federer on three occasions this year.
'For a while, it was hard for Jelena and me to maintain this relationship, we had problems like every couple, but we have been together all the way through,' he said.
'We have love and our emotional stability has much to do with my success. She's busy with her own ambitions and studying for her masters degree in Monaco, but she will be with me at Wimbledon.'
In years past, Djokovic has been known for his shrewd tennis impersonations of rivals such as Nadal and Andy Roddick, as well as the world's most glamorous woman player, Maria Sharapova.
'Joking around is part of my personality, just who I am,' he said. 'I have been impersonating players since I was seven years old! I like to make people laugh, to bring joy. I don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable and I don't think I did, but no one had to tell me it was time to cut back. I know everything has its limits.'

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/21/article-1389547-0C30E9A600000578-767_634x484.jpg
Crowd pleaser: Djokovic mixes music for spectators during an exhibition match at the French Open

Now the young Serb's fame is spreading beyond the tennis court. Last week, the racket he used to defeat Nadal in Rome was auctioned for €28,000 (£24,500) after he had modelled a designer suit on the catwalk at a fund-­raising fashion show organised by Naomi Campbell at the Cannes Film Festival. Djokovic's schedule carries him from Paris to the Aegon Championships at Queen's Club, in west London, from June 6-12, a cherished week in his calendar as part of his preparations for Wimbledon.
'I love playing Queen's, it's a beautiful tournament at a club with such history and tradition,' he said, shaking hands and scooping up Pierre to walk home to his apartment with its views over the Mediterranean. It is a world away from the one where he learned to play the game he now rules.
'Hopefully, I will fulfil my lifetime ambition to be world No 1,' he said.
Whether he achieves that in Paris or at a later date, his role in a fashion show to raise money for victims of the Japanese earthquake was well-merited; at present there is no better model professional than Novak Djokovic.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis … story.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#295 26-06-2011 11:22:54

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 2 rundzie

N. Djokovic bt K. Anderson 6 3, 6 4, 6 2

Q. What does it take to beat you out there?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I'm really happy with the opening two rounds in Wimbledon. Two straight set wins. I cannot ask for more, definitely. And I'm physically feeling great on the court.

I'm returning really well, which is important. Using more an efficiency of the serve and precision rather than going for the speed.

So it's quite tricky conditions these days. It's very strong wind. So to be able to handle this wind in this way, I'm really happy.

Q. Players on grass take a little while to get used to it. Do you notice any jump in your ease or feeling comfortable on the surface this year compared to other years?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Uhm, mentally I do have a different approach to Wimbledon than I had years before. It's obvious because of the winning streak that I had, the confidence that is very high.

It makes it easier, you know, to step on the court because you believe in yourself. You know that you're one of the best players in the world and you know that you can win against anybody.

So this is my mindset. I try to step on the court and really, regardless who is across the net, play as best as I can.

Q. Can you pinpoint any specific turning point in your mindset that helped you change things around?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Nothing in particular really. I think generally I just everything came together really, mentally, physically, and game wise obviously.

I matured. I have, what, five, six years professional level behind me, which is quite a lot, and I've learned something from those years.

Q. You've spoken many times about the respect and admiration you have for Roger Federer. When you think about his durability, what occurs to you? He now has a streak of just about 12 years without missing playing in a major.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, it's incredible. I mean, I don't know what I can say that nobody said before for him. I mean, he's a great champion.

Q. Why do you think he's been able to endure in a way that few players ever have in that way?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, he's been very smart with his scheduling obviously. I think his talent is incredible on the court. It looks so easy when he plays. I guess he spends less energy than the other players.

He perfected his movement on the court really well. So he knows how to rationally spend energy. He's just an overall player, you know, physically, mentally.

Q. What do you remember about when he beat Sampras here, if you got to see that match?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Oh, no. It was a long time ago. I think, yeah, it was one of his probably turning points in his career. Then he started winning Grand Slams like they were regular tournaments year after year.

Yeah, on the grass, this is where he plays his best tennis. This is definitely now challenged I think from Nadal, especially from some other players, including myself, for the major titles.

I think he enjoys it. He looks at it as a big challenge, you know, to overcome the other players and try to win more majors.

Q. When are we going to see your younger brothers out here playing?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I hope soon. But, okay, it's not up to me. I try to help them in a best possible way, give them advice. But on the other hand, it's not that easy to handle the pressure of having an older brother in top of the tennis, men's tennis.

For them, they are still very young, especially Djordje, the youngest one. Mentally it's a big struggle. So he has to fight against a lot of things on the court.

Until he matures, it will take time. He's talented, that's for sure. Let's hope he can get on the professional tennis soon.

Q. There were times today when you seemed particularly exuberant, sheer enjoyment of playing and having good moments, particularly when we thought you were going to take flight after that great rally. You celebrated. You do express yourself. Are there times when you feel more exhilarated than others on the court? Today did you get some particularly good vibrations while you were playing?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I really don't think about others. I think about myself, what I do, how can I improve myself on the court. And, yes, it's true that I like to express myself more positively than negatively, but sometimes negative as well.

It's just me. It's my character. I'm very emotional. Obviously I'm learning over the years how to control my emotions. But, you know, everybody's different, I guess.

Q. I was wondering if you felt particularly, given all the pressure at Wimbledon, you seem to be quite exhilarated by it rather than introspective.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, look, you know, it again depends the way you accept it, the way you look at it. You know, you can always look at it from the positive side and try to enjoy it, embrace it, or you can look from negative side and absorb this pressure and negative energy.

Depends really how you go with it. I always try to go with the brighter side, try to put aside the expectations and pressure because it's always there. You know, if you're a top player, it's always there.

It's part of your life, part of your career. But you need to forget about that and do what you need to do and win on the court.

Q. The fact you've been so relaxed, you've been making friends with a squirrel.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: You've seen my tweets. It's my best friend now in London, the little squirrel. She's getting closer and closer each day. I'm trying to feed her from my hand. Maybe one day.

Q. Does she have a name?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No. I will think about that.

Q. A lot of players appreciate Wimbledon because they can live in the Village with a team. Do you live with your team in a house and cook like Rafa does for the team?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I don't cook for the team. I like to be in kitchen sometimes. But I leave it to the professionals to do their job, to the women.

Q. Do you live with your whole team there?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, I'm there with the whole team, with my girlfriend, and we have a great time together where it's really enjoyable. I've been staying in the same house for last couple years, usually with my family as well. But they're not able to come this time. Maybe later in the second week if I'm able to, you know, come to the second week.

Q. If you had no Wimbledon to play, what would you like to do in London, like a tourist or normal person?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, in London? I'm a big admirer of the nature. I think London is, you know, one of the nicest cities in the world concerning nature and parks and green all over. It's beautiful.

You know, I would walk around, I guess, try to spend less time in the car, because it's really annoying with the traffic here. I think it's one of the worst for the traffic.

Q. What is your secret with your return of serve? Do you think this shot can be the key to win the tournament?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, nowadays grass is slower than it used to be, so I think it's more suitable to my style of the game. The ball bounces higher, which makes it a bit more easier to return.

And, yes, I returned really well these two matches. This is going to be one of the, you know, important elements in my game in order to be successful.

But I need to serve well, as well, because it's not only about the return.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 92894.html

#296 27-06-2011 22:26:52

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 3 rundzie

N. DJOKOVIC beat /M. Baghdatis

6‑4, 4‑6, 6‑3, 6‑4

Q. That's got to be about the best match of the tournament so far from a spectator's point of view. What is it about you and Marcos when you get together at Wimbledon?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I think we played two matches, and both of the matches went the distance. I guess I expected, you know, a tough one. He plays really well on grass courts. Considering my game, I don't think I've played on top, played the way I played in the first two rounds. I was moving really bad. I didn't feel great on the court. But all the credit to him for playing well. Couple of points really decided the winner. I think I won because I was hanging in there and fighting. That's obvious. It was an exciting match to be part of.

Q. You seemed to be able to dig very deep at the early part of the third set there. Seemed like your energy levels had come up.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: As I said, you know, I'm not tired physically. I just didn't feel good today. I just didn't feel good, and, uhm, my legs weren't working. You have those days. Luckily for me, when I needed to, I played well. You know, he made some unforced errors. You know, I was two sets to one up, and then, again, even though the third set was a struggle for both of us, I kind of mentally had this advantage because I knew I was a set up.

Q. What was the atmosphere like to be in?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, I mean, for playing here last couple of years, last five years, there were not many moments when I saw practically all stadium on their feet. You know, it was incredible. It was incredible really. It was exciting to see the Centre Court of Wimbledon being so enthusiastic about the match. Me as a player, I have to appreciate that and be happy I was a part of the exciting match.

Q. What will you do differently, if anything, to prepare for facing a lefty on Monday?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, there is not too much what you can do really. You don't have that much time really to practice with a left‑hander. Yes, if you have an opportunity to practice with a left‑hander you can use that in your favor, but to prepare a little bit mentally, you know, just to have visually a player that plays with a different hand. Obviously Llodra is a great server. He's been playing fantastic in Wimbledon. I think grass courts are his favorite surface, so it's going to be a tough one. But, yeah, I need to work on my serve, my return, and hopefully it can work well for me.

Q. There was a time in the second set when frustration got the better of you when you smashed your racquet. Was that a sign of frustration or...

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: It was frustrating, I cannot lie. I did lose my temper a bit. But, you know, I came back. I thought, you know, even though I haven't returned the best, I still had a lot of chances. I was missing from the baseline a lot. So this is something that I was frustrated about. But from the bright side, you know, I hang in there and in the important moments, even in the last game when, you know, I could have lost that service game on 5‑4, you know, I didn't. I stayed emotionally stable, believing that I can win, and that's what matters the most.

Q. In a way do you think it helped you because you got your frustration out and put it behind you?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah. In my case it helps sometimes, even though it doesn't look great (smiling).

Q. Do you do anything besides relax tomorrow? Do anything for fun? Go to a movie?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, just relaxing with the team, watching movies. Just having a nice Sunday. Hopefully, you know, with the nice weather we can walk around a little bit and recover. Now it's recovery time. I need to be fresh for next challenge.

Q. What sort of challenges will Michael bring to you on Monday?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I think he's dangerous for anybody if he serves well. He's one of the few I can say serve‑and‑volley players nowadays. I think the fact that he's lefty gives him a little advantage because there is not much lefties around. He can use the slice serve. He likes grass. You know, he's a very aggressive player. He likes to be on the net. He can be trouble. But I need to return well.

Q. So will you call John McEnroe, see if he wants to practice with you?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Maybe. If he's willing to change his clothing. Most of the time I see him he's in a suit and the tie. Maybe he's going to change for tomorrow. We'll see.

Q. Have you played with him before?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I did. I did played with him. He didn't bring me much luck in Paris before that semifinal match. I've played with him many times. He's a great champion. I admire him a lot. You know, anytime I can use the opportunity to hit with him, to have a chat with him, his advices are very useful.

Q. When you talk about Michael's serving, is it the slice serve on the ad court that's tricky?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yes, he likes using that. That's his favorite serve, obviously, the slice. He doesn't go as much for speed. He has a very precise serve, great volleys, great feel. He's one of the best doubles players in the world. He has won Wimbledon in doubles. He's going to take his chances. I'm sure he's going to come to the net. He's not going to change that, for sure.

Q. You got through the first week, and now you're heading into the second week. All the big guys are still there. Looks like it's going to be a lot to look forward to.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, a lot to look forward to. There's a lot of great matches, a lot of great players. You know, even though it's kind of expected, especially from top players, to get to the second week, you know, it's for us a great achievement still. We know this is a Grand Slam. We know that everybody plays well here. You have to appreciate each win that you have. I'm just happy to be still in the tournament.

Q. Back to the racquet thing again.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: You really liked it (smiling).

Q. It did show your aggression and your passion for the game as well. Is that something you want to keep going, or will you rein that in next week and not lash out like that?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Look, I'm not going to change who I am. I can work on some things, but, you know, my temper is my temper. My character is my character. You know, you have to try to take the best out of it, not change it.

Q. Did it go on the first one, or did it take three?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I like to make sure (smiling).

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 36184.html

#297 29-06-2011 15:41:47

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 4 rundzie

N. Djokovic bt. M. Llodra 6 3, 6 3, 6 3

Q. That was fairly impressive.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Thank you. It felt great, especially after the long match that I had against Baghdatis, too. To come out and play as well as I did today is definitely encouraging fact, you know, in the beginning of the second week.

Q. What do you think about the schedule, the way you've been put on Court 1 a couple of times? Potentially world No. 1 at the end of this week, you should be on Centre Court from now on in?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, look I don't get into the scheduling. It's not to me to make a decision where I'm going to play. I respect whatever they decide to do. I have no complaints towards that.

I've been playing on both big courts. Court 1 is as beautiful as the Centre Court is, as well.

Q. How would you describe the relationship you have with your next opponent and how well you know his game?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Uhm, I have nice words for Bernard, and I think he has a great potential, a great talent. He's showing it right now. He believes that he can win against the top players, and he was doing that very comfortably in last couple of rounds here in Wimbledon. As I understand, he came from qualification, so he has a lot of matches under his belt.

He loves playing on grass. If you analyze his game, he loves playing on the fast surfaces. He just has these flat shots. He doesn't give you a lot of time. You know, he serves really well. He doesn't make many unforced errors.

It's going to be exciting match for both of us, I think. You know, we practice couple of times here in Wimbledon, a couple of times throughout the whole year wherever we are. We're good friends on and off the court.

Q. How did he first come to your attention? How did you know about this young kid?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, you know, I've heard about him, that he's very successful in the junior circuit a couple years ago. Then when I saw him play, you know, it was obvious that he's very, very talented. I saw him in Australia, I think, first time two, three years ago when he was playing juniors.

But, you know, now he establish himself already in the professional circuit. So with this quarterfinal in Wimbledon, he shows everybody he has a quality to be here.

Q. You first asked him to hit with you?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I don't know who asked who. You know, we speak the same language, so for us is easy to communicate.

Q. The exhibition match January of last year in Melbourne, what do you remember about that?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, yeah. I remember I lost. Yeah, but, you know, these exhibition matches are not really matches that you can really judge who is in a good shape, who is playing better.

You know, it was just more of a practice match, more of players are trying to try their games, you know, how it works prior to the big slam.

But as I said, you know, we had many opportunities to practice with each other. We know each other's game. Even though he's quite young, he's quite new on the professional circuit, I still feel when I watch him definitely these last couple of matches that he plays with a lot of confidence.

You know, he can be very dangerous because he doesn't have anything to lose really. I mean, he's in quarterfinals, and I'm sure he's going to step into the court willing to win.

Q. He said that when you had a knock-up last week you played a couple of sets and you destroyed him. Is that quite right?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, I don't know. Look, we don't look at the score that much. It's more kind of playing, testing our strokes, just kind of trying to prepare for the match what is about to come.

We do have lots of fun on the practice, as well. I like practicing with him because, you know, we get to be serious for, let's say, like four or five minutes and then we are having fun for 45 minutes.

Q. If you put Roger and Rafa in the big picture on a sort of a neutral surface, slow hard court, having them both playing at their peaks, who do you think would be better?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I really cannot answer that. I don't know. I don't know. I mean, it's obvious that Rafa is playing his best tennis on the clay and Roger on the grass. So I guess when they had this exhibition match, half grass court, half clay court, it was cool to watch really. I enjoyed it. It was something very interesting.

I had fun watching it. I'm sure they had fun playing. Unfortunately we don't have half halfcourts. Has to be only one surface.

Q. There have been press reports about Pierre and his status as to whether he might still be able to join you here. Have you had any updates on that?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No. I've heard that this story came out. I don't understand why it was so serious. There was nothing going on. It was just he couldn't come, you know.

I like having him around, but it was impossible this time. Maybe next time, we'll see.

Q. No way this time?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: It's too late now.

Q. When you speak of the level of the top four guys, how would you describe the level of play that the four of you are at, how formidable as a foursome you guys are right now?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, it was obvious that Nadal and Federer have been the two most dominant players in the circuit for the last, what, five years. And now I think it gets a little bit more interesting in our sport to have Murray and myself and a couple more players, you know, who can challenge those guys in the Grand Slams, in the big events.

You know, considering Roger and Rafa, in my case, I guess for most of the players, they always make you play your best tennis. They make you improve.

So even though it's very difficult to compete with them because they are so consistent and such great players, they are always reaching at least the semifinals of each tournament they play on Grand Slams. They've been winning 90% of the Grand Slams in the last six years.

In order to keep up with them, you really need to work on your game. You know, you need to step out there and believe you can win, because everybody got used to watching Rafa and Roger in the finals, expecting them to play in every tournament finals. But now it's a bit different.

I think it's interesting to see that.

Q. Will you play Davis Cup in Sweden? And what do you think about Robin Soderling's decision not to play?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I will play Davis Cup. I am in the team. But for Soderling, I've heard, yes, that he has pulled out. I mean, regardless if he's playing or not, we will come as the strongest team, the team that has won the Davis Cup title last year, because we are aware that we are going away from home.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Robin still plays on that match. He's not in the tournament here. He has still chance to be in the team. But we are not looking at their squad. We are just trying to be the best squad we can.

Q. Do you think with the four of you playing as you are at the moment that we've entered a golden era where truly great individuals are reaching their peak together and contesting for the big prizes?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Can you repeat? We're getting philosophical.

Q. The quality of the four seems to be head and shoulders above the rest of the others. Is it potentially something that people will look back as a golden era of tennis?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Nadal and Federer, definitely, because they have had an incredible rivalry, and they have an incredible five, six years of dominance in so many Grand Slams and things they've won. They just made the history of the sport.

Even I have won two Grand Slams and played a couple of finals, as well as Andy Murray, we still have a lot to prove. I don't think we are still in the league of comparing to those two guys and their results.

But, you know, we are still quite young and there's many years to come hopefully.

Q. You grew up watching Pete. How would you compare the three or four of you now with his generation with Andre, Courier, Chang, possibly Becker and Edberg?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, Pete was best player in the world for five, six years in a row. It was kind of his era in last 15 years.

But you had great players I really enjoyed. I think there was many players that were able to challenge Pete, even on this tournament, which he has won so many times in a row.

But, you know, I think the era that we are in right now, I think men's tennis especially is experiencing some good times. Of course, it all depends how you look at it. It was Federer and Nadal winning most of the major tournaments in the last three, four, five years. But now there is more players.

I think for the sport, it's better to have more players, more options, so people can support some more players.

Q. What is your particular superstitions or do you not have any?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I do not have a superstition. I have routines. I would call them routines that I try to respect prior to each match. More or less I don't take a shower in the same shower, for example. I don't do that. But I have a certain timing that I prepare myself for. Just regular stuff. Nothing dependent from.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 13190.html

#298 30-06-2011 10:24:12

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Djoković 3 zwycięskie sety od #1.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/85CBBBF758C04B8BB144A083142239CA.ashx

24-letni serbski tenisista zagra po raz 3 w karierze w 1/2 Wimbledonu. Jeżeli Nole pokona Tsongę, bądź Rafa Nadal nie wygra całego turnieju, tenisista z Belgradu zostanie 25 liderem rankingu od czasu jego wprowadzenia (1973 rok).

"Skupiam się na tym, by grać bardzo dobrze w każdym kolejnym meczu, zdecydowanie. Zdaję sobie jednak sprawę, że najbliższy mecz ma szczególną wagę. Jestem bardzo blisko awansu na pozycję lidera rankingu, niemniej staram się o tym za dużo nie myśleć" - powiedział Djoko po wygranym meczu 1/4 finału z 18-letnim Bernardem Tomiciem.

"Najważniejsze jest praca nad podniesieniem poziomu mojej gry w kolejnym meczu. Mogę grać lepiej i głównie na tym się teraz skupiam" - dodał.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#299 30-06-2011 11:50:00

Serenity

User

DJOKOVIC ONE WIN AWAY FROM NO. 1, FIRST WIMBLEDON FINAL

Novak Djokovic has reached his fifth straight Grand Slam championship semi-final and should he advance to The Championships final on Sunday he will become the new No. 1 in the South African Airways 2011 ATP Rankings.

Second seed Djokovic defeated his regular practice partner, 18-year-old Australian qualifier Bernard Tomic, 6-2, 3-6, 6-3, 7-5 in two hours and 41 minutes on Wednesday for a place in the semi-finals at the All England Club. The 24-year-old Serbian also advanced to the semi-finals in 2007 and last year.

"My focus is to win every single match I play, obviously," said Djokovic. "But I'm aware of the importance of every match that I play. I'm very close to reaching the No. 1, but I try not to think about that too much."

Djokovic will next meet French No. 12 seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, who beat six-time former titlist Roger Federer of Switzerland 3-6, 6-7(3), 6-4, 6-4, 6-4, in the semi-finals on Friday. Read Match Repeat

"I need to work a little bit on my game," said Djokovic. "I hope I can perform a little bit better than I did today. That's what matters for me the most, regardless who is across the net. Tsonga came back from 0-2 [sets down]. It's amazing comeback. He's been playing great in grass-court season so far. He's very dangerous."

Djokovic capitalised on a nervous start by World No.158 Tomic to convert his fourth break point opportunity, and he continued to dominant the baseline rallies to break serve again for a 5-2 lead. The Serbian then hit his fifth ace to close out the 34-minute opener in which he committed five unforced errors.

Tomic grew in stature in the second set as the weight of seven matches in his legs, to get to the quarter-finals, lifted. Djokovic hit two double faults in the fourth game and Tomic coolly opened up a 4-1 lead much to the delight of the large Australian contingent. The Gold Coast resident dumped two forehands into the net on his first two set point opportunities, but his 12th winner of the set - a forehand - to level the score line. Djokovic had won just 43 per cent of his second service points.

The error count continued to rise for Djokovic early in the third set, as Tomic stormed into a 3-1 lead that was short-lived. Djokovic responded by winning seven straight games in the same time at Tomic committed 13 unforced errors.

Tomic recovered from a 0-2 deficit in the fourth set and came within two points of taking his 18th tour-level match to a deciding set, when Djokovic served at 4-5, 0/30, courtesy of some blistering forehand winners.

But Tomic tensed up in the 11th game, as Djokovic's greater experience counted. A 31-stroke rally, with both players mainly hitting backhand slice strokes, only heightened Tomic's anxiety in baseline rallies. Djokovic sealed the decisive break with a backhand drop shot winner and he went onto clinch his 46th win in 47 matches this season with a hold to 15, ending with a cool drop volley

Djokovic maintains his record of having never lost to a player ranked outside the Top 100. He hit 39 winners and 14 aces, committing 27 unforced errors in the pair's first meeting. Tomic, the youngest Wimbledon quarter-finalist since Boris Becker in 1986, hit 43 winners and made 41 errors.

"I'm proud of myself firstly," said Tomic. "I think I gave it as much as I could today. I was not too far off, but he's a better player than me at this stage. I had my chances 3-1 in the third [set]. If I was a little bit smarter, a little bit relaxed, I probably would have done the opposite of what I did. But his returns keep pressuring you and then you make errors, and that's why he's that quality of a player."

Tomic is guaranteed to become Australia's new No. 1-ranked player on Monday, when the new South African Airways 2011 ATP Rankings are published. Lleyton Hewitt had held the top spot nationally since 17 May 2004.

"He's been playing really, really well today," said Djokovic. "He's been using the pace fantastically. You can see he feels really comfortable on the court. Obviously what he lacks a little bit more is that experience.  But it comes with the time. I'm sure if he continues this way, he's gonna be a top player very soon.

"I think his style is more suitable to the faster surfaces, grass, the lower bounce, because he plays quite flat and he uses the pace from his opponent."

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … -No-1.aspx

#300 01-07-2011 11:09:30

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w ćwierćfinale

N. Djokovic bt. B. Tomic 6 2, 3 6, 6 3, 7 5

Q. Were you okay out there today? Seemed to be breathing a bit heavy.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, I'm okay. I'm okay. I had to work hard for my points. In some periods of the match I was not feeling great, meaning I wasn't moving well. Then I was expending a lot of energy on those rallies.

But, you know, to go through to another semi-final is the important thing. I'm delighted.

Q. When you lost after the second set, also you were down 3 1 in the third. How worried were you? Were you more angry with yourself? Worried? Perplexed?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, to be honest, you know, I played quite good first set and then played one terrible service game and then he got back to the match, so...

Obviously he started hitting balls more and I backed up a bit. I was too passive, making a lot of unforced errors. The serve wasn't going well.

So you can say that we had a kind of waves throughout the whole match where I played better in the first, you know, nine, ten games, then he played better, then I played...

So it was quite even match. I can't say I played great, but I think you have to give him credit. He was playing some really great shots, great rallies. He was making me work very hard.

Q. You didn't tell me exactly what was going through your mind. You were still down 3 1 in the third. Were you worried?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No, no, because I believed that I can come back to the match. I thought it's just a period and I knew I'm going to come back.

Q. You practised with him a lot so you knew his game. Were you surprised he was able to produce that level of tennis in a match like that, on that stage, against you, et cetera?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, that's the reason why I have to congratulate him on a great tournament and give him credit for the performance today.

I mean, under the circumstances you would think somebody his age... I don't know what's to expect, but this was a very dangerous thing about him, because it was unpredictable what is he going to come up with on the court because he has nothing to lose.

You know, after the first set I relaxed a little bit and he got back to the match. He got confidence and he fed up, you know, from the energy of the crowd. It was all going really well for him.

Q. Does Federer's loss change perspective for you? You lost only to him this year.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No. Really, I need to work a little bit on my game. I hope I can perform a little bit better than I did today. That's what matters for me the most, regardless who is across the net.

Tsonga came back from 0 2. It's amazing comeback. He's been playing great in grass court season so far. He played really well in Queen's, and now he's been winning against top players.

So, you know, he's very dangerous.

Q. Did you get to see the end of that match? If so, what were your thoughts as that was taking place?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, I saw a couple of last games. He served really well. I think Tsonga, you know, he was not falling under pressure. Obviously against Federer you never know because he's always constantly putting pressure on you. And he served well and he played well.

Q. What are your thoughts about his style of game versus yours? When you look at him across the net, what goes through your mind about his style of play?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, look, we are both baseline players. I think a lot will depend from our serves. I need to serve well because that's something that he's going to do, for sure.

I think his game as well depends on that serve. If he starts missing first serves, then I can have some more chances, you know, in the rallies. But, look, I expect a very, very even match.

Q. Sounds like you're lacking a little bit of confidence in your own game. Why is that?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I don't think so. I think I've been playing well so far. You know, today there has been parts of the match where I haven't played well.

But, look, you know, the style of my opponent today is not really something I prefer. He plays very low balls all the time and it's really difficult to predict what he's going to come up with.

Made a lot of unforced errors, but this is okay, you know. I mean, it's good to go through these matches, to win those matches, and I'm sure I'm going to come out in two days playing well again.

Q. You've had an amazing year. Do you feel your game is back to where it was in that incredible run before Paris? Perhaps, if not, do you take confidence in the fact you got to the semifinal of a Grand Slam without playing your best?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, yes. You know, semi-finals of a Grand Slam is huge result, you know. Doesn't matter if you are top player or not. It feels great to be here in the top four again.

I mean, grass court is not my favourite surface, but I still know I can play well on it. So it's really hard to kind of compare my form, the present form, and the one two, three months ago. It's different circumstances. It's a Grand Slam.

But I will definitely try to get ready and play well Friday.

Q. Do you think you have more to come? Do you think you can play better?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, I think I can play better than I did today. I think I do. And, yes, you know, let's say the performance against Llodra was great; against Baghdatis, not so great. First two rounds was really good. Kind of up and down. But hopefully now it's going to go up (smiling).

Q. What do you make of Bernard's performance considering he's a guy still 12, maybe 18 months, away from his body being mature?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I mean, look, you know, he's been playing really, really well today. He's been using the pace fantastically. You can see he feels really comfortable on the court. Obviously what he lacks a little bit more is that experience. But it comes with the time.

You know, I'm sure if he continues this way, he's gonna be a top player very soon.

Q. Do you think he can be successful on other surfaces?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No, no, he can. He can. I mean, it's all about the adjustments. I mean, I think he's gonna answer better what he prefers the best.

But I think his style is more suitable to the faster surfaces, grass, you know, the lower bounce, you know, because he plays quite flat and he uses the pace great from his opponent.

So on the clay, he needs to produce the pace. I mean, so it's different. But it's all a process of learning. You know, he has a lot of time.

Q. You say you have some things to work on. Is it mostly the touch and the strokes, or is it just to get along better on the grass?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, just the feeling. There is not much you can do on the practice. It's just mentally to kind of, you know, readjust the strokes, just work a little bit on the serve, and hope that it can go well.

Q. You say you were not feeling well today, that you weren't moving well. What was wrong?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I said that I was not feeling well in some parts of the match, not the whole.

But, look, you know, when you start missing a lot of balls, making a lot of unforced errors, and your opponent is playing well, obviously you lose that comfort zone. So I guess that was the case.

Q. There's always a lot of talk throughout the year about the top four players being expected to progress, particularly at the slams. Does a result like Roger Federer's today show how fine the margins are at the top of the game?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, yes. You know, it's not only top four. There are other players that are able to play great tennis, and Tsonga has proved it today.

It's all very close at this level, especially in the second week of a Grand Slam.

Q. What is the biggest challenge for you on grass? Is it that you don't like the low bounces? The movement is so much different than hard courts because you can't plant? Talk a little bit about that.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, you know, everything happens really fast. You need to react. You don't have time to kind of readjust. You know, you have to be focused for each service game, each point, you know.

You know, today I obviously dropped a rhythm a little bit, dropped the pace of the match, and my opponent has used that. You know, I shouldn't allow that in the next match.

Q. I think you're a match away now from world No. 1. Does that even matter when you're in the middle of a Grand Slam? Is the focus on winning the title rather than...

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, my focus is to win every single match I play, obviously. But I'm aware of the importance of every match that I play on. I'm very close to reaching the No. 1, but, you know, I try not to think about that too much.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 76912.html

Ostatnio edytowany przez Serenity (01-07-2011 11:10:26)

Stopka forum

RSS