Roger Federer vs Rafael Nadal
Turnieje/Finały 34/9 - 43/12
TMS/Finały) 8/2 - 18/6
TMC/Finały 2/1 - 0
GS/Finały) 6 - 9/2
Ranking 1 - 1
Ilość tyg jako #1:  103 - 70
Ilość wygranych sezonów (Year End #1): 2 - 1

Wyniki Rogera pochodzą z dnia 08.01.2006 r.

Mało składnie i sensownie, ale mam nadzieję, że zrozumiecie:
W trakcie trwania WTF10 Federer wygra AO06. xD

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#62 20-11-2010 13:07:01

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Re: Roger Federer vs Rafael Nadal

Federer: Nadal will be tough to topple

Federer has arrived in London for the ATP World Tour finals a distant second to the phenomenal Spaniard in the rankings and while his desire still burns as strong as ever he is not expecting a return to the top any time soon.

"Sure, it's going to be challenging," Federer said from a hotel lounge overlooking the River Thames and the Houses of Parliament.

"It's going to be very difficult because Rafa is playing well and I have to defend my points in Australia and he has no points to defend here in London," he added.

"That's why things look very good for him over the next few months."

Federer, 29, who began the year by winning the Australian Open but subsequently lost the top ranking to Nadal just one week short of equalling the 265 weeks Pete Sampras spent as number one, has not ruled out the possibility altogether though.

"Right now the number one ranking is not something I have in my mind," said the 16-times Grand Slam champion.

"My goal is to play well here in London and then prepare well for next season and then hopefully, at some stage, I'll try get it back. If not I'll focus on winning tournaments because I enjoy doing that too."

Federer has won the year-ending showpiece four times and, outside the four grand slams, rates it as a priority each year.

"Right now it's about saving energy, getting ready to play the matches," he said. "I've played four of the last five weeks and my game is right where I want it to be.

"It's the ninth time for me and I know the drill. I feel like I've got one more tournament left in me. My body is not screaming for a vacation quite yet," said Federer.

"This is a huge tournament for me. It is a goal of the season to make it here. I hope I can save my best until last."

Federer is in a group with his French Open conqueror Robin Soderling, Briton Andy Murray and Spaniard David Ferrer, who he plays first on Sunday.

Reuters

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/19112010/58/ … opple.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#63 21-11-2010 11:10:10

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Roddick: Savour Rafa-Roger rivalry

Tennis fans should savour every moment of Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal's domination of the sport because such champions do not come around very often, according to world number eight Andy Roddick.

The American is preparing for the ATP World Tour Finals where he will face world number one Nadal on Monday in his debut at London's O2 Arena having had to sit out last year's showpiece tournament at the spectacular indoor venue because of injury.

"Rafa has had an unbelievable year," Roddick said of the 24-year-old Spaniard who has won three of the year's four Grand Slams and could hold all the majors if he wins the Australian Open at the start of next year.

"What he has done is unreal. To put it into context what Roger and Rafa have achieved for the past five years I would hope that people appreciate it because I guarantee people will be writing in 15 years time that these were the good old days."

Looking ahead to his opening round robin clash with nine-times Grand Slam champion Nadal, Roddick said he was just glad to be involved in the season finale after the second half of his season was dogged by illness and injury.

He is also looking forward to a warm welcome from the British fans who have taken the Texas-based former world number one to their hearts after his three Wimbledon final defeats at the hands of Federer - most notably 2009 when he lost an epic encounter 16-14 in the deciding set.

Roddick watched from the stands last year at the O2 and still remembers with pride the ovation he received when he was captured on the video screen inside the arena - a moment he described as one of his most memorable.

"It's strange because it's a polarising event for the crowd here, I normally get a really good reception but then a tournament like this comes along and I've got Rafa in the first round so I can't take that for granted" said Roddick, who beat Nadal in Miami this year.

Roddick injured an adductor muscle in Shanghai in October and admits that he feared his hopes of qualifying for the year-end tournament for an eight time had gone.

"I felt pretty clean and played well at the beginning of the year but then I got sick and tried to play through it more than I should, then I got injured. So to be here at the end is a little bit surprising.

"I feel fine now though. I didn't know what I was going to bring to the table in Basle and Paris but I managed to sneak out some results and only lost to the guys that won the titles."
Reuters

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/21112010/58/ … valry.html

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#64 29-11-2010 02:26:14

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

STAN NA DZIEŃ : 03.01.2011 rok
(wiek 24 lata, 7 miesiący)

Roger Federer vs Rafael Nadal
Turnieje/Finały 35/10 - 43/13
(TMS/Finały) 8/2 - 18/6
(TMC/Finały) 2/1 - 0/1
(GS/Finały) 7 - 9/2
Ranking 1 - 1
Ilość tyg jako #1: 110 - 77
Ilość wygranych sezonów (Year End #1): 2 - 2

Wyniki Rogera pochodzą z dnia 08.03.2006 r.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#65 29-11-2010 12:46:06

Art

User

Berdych still offended by Federer's comments

Tomas Berdych said that he voted for Rafael Nadal over Roger Federer for the ATP Sportsman of the Year award due to what he thought were the Swiss’ negative comments about his upset of Federer at Wimbledon.

“I was trying to just decide between two names, him and Roger,” he said. “I just decide to go for Rafa. I think he really deserves it. Just was a little bit disappointing after what I read in London, when I play against Roger and beat him. He was a little bit complaining about how he was injured and stuff like that. It was just kind of surprise for me. So maybe that was just the reason I vote for Rafa.”

http://www.tennis.com/articles/template … &zoneid=25

#66 29-11-2010 21:45:15

jaccol55

Administrator

Przypominam, że Rafa spotka się z Fedem 21 grudnia w Zurychu i 22 grudnia w Madrycie w pokazówkach charytatywnych.

#67 29-11-2010 21:55:07

Fed-Expresso

Masta

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafael "The Slice King" Nadal

Tak,tak Tomasku, wypłacz się w rękaw swojego właściciela Rafy, jaki to Ty biedny jesteś.
Znalazł się król dobrego smaku i wyczucia.

#68 30-11-2010 00:01:26

Art

User

Rushing to the Finish Line

There’s a phenomenon in basketball where a team gets behind, scraps hard and expends maximum mental and physical energy catching up, evens the score, and then immediately deflates. It isn’t just that they’ve exhausted themselves physically. The psychology of the game changes as well. There’s no longer a target out in front, urging them on.

Something like that happened to Rafael Nadal today, and it happened in the second point of the third set. He had begun the match, as he had begun the tournament, on the flat side, and his opponent, Roger Federer, had succeeded in changing the usual dynamics of their encounters by nudging him out of the patterns he likes. Nadal forced himself to find some more energy in the second, and his dedication to aggressiveness tilted the rallies back in his favor. The first point of the third went the same way, as Nadal ran Federer along the baseline to go up 0-15. Federer’s early confidence had vanished, and he looked as if were groping for an answer. Getting broken here would extend Nadal’s momentum and begin to make Federer’s first-set performance look like a mirage. Now Nadal had him on the run again in the second point. Rafa moved inside the baseline and lined up for an open down the line backhand. He had the lead in his sights for the first time all day. It must have blinded him, because he caught the ball late and fanned it into the alley. He put his hands to his head in disbelief. Federer held. While Nadal would put together a strong hold of his own in the next game, Federer had evened the scales back up. Nadal’s run was over.

And that’s all it took. Federer began to serve well, as he had in the first set, and he had the confidence on Nadal’s next service game to chip and charge successfully on one point, and then break serve by cracking an aggressive return, a tactic that he had been trying to employ, with various degrees of success, all afternoon. He was, as they say, in full flight from there, and Nadal couldn't turn the tide a second time.

This was a quality match, but not an intense one by Federer-Nadal standards. Points and games went by quickly; it took just 90-some minutes to get through three sets. What can we take from it? As far as the play itself, the most intriguing element was Federer’s determination in the first and third sets not to let Nadal lock his forehand into his backhand and dictate the terms of the rallies. This is as effective as Federer has ever been with his topspin crosscourt backhand against Rafa. Just at the point in the rally when he usually loses control, Federer stepped forward and sent a surprised Nadal scrambling to his left. In the crucial game of the first set, with Nadal serving at 3-4, Federer fended off a ground stroke assault with his backhand, and then broke serve by snapping off a sharp crosscourt backhand angle, an angle that stunned Nadal.

Is the topspin crosscourt backhand the answer for Federer? Notice that Nadal changed things up in the second and had success going wide to Federer’s forehand. Nevertheless, along with the backhand, two other gambits that Federer tried today worked. He won points serving wide to Nadal’s backhand in the deuce court, and his commitment to returning aggressively, while it resulted in a quite a few free points for Nadal, worked when he really needed it. It's a gamble, yes, but one he almost certainly needs to take in the future.

So we end the year exactly where we’ve ended it for the last five seasons. With Nadal and Federer at 1 and 2, and with another big title going to one of them. This event felt more like déjà vu than normal, though. Federer capped a post-U.S. Open stretch where he went 21-2, and looked as sharp as he’s looked over any extended period in the last three years. He seems energized, and more important, more narrowly focused on what wins for him, after a few months with a new coach. There’s a sense of slashing urgency to his game right now, particularly on the return side. While Nadal was able, as he usually is, to throw a wrench in his plans, Federer was simply playing too well all week to be stopped for long, even by Rafa. Maybe it was the lighting or the bright red shirt or his attacking game, but Federer seemed to stand a little taller in London. He’s brushed aside all talk of decline, added a new wrinkle to his match-up with Nadal with his backhand and his return, and made 2011 a two-man race to start. Still, my favorite Federer moment of the tournament came in his semi-rambling and highly excited victory speech. He thanked the ball boys and said that if the players had to pick up their own balls, the matches would go on forever. How does that come to his mind right then? Brilliant and goofy, Federer goes out like the Federer of old.

Nadal, on the other hand, looked weary in his runner-up speech. Weary from winning, I guess; he did a lot of this year. Whatever happened today, 2010 still belonged to him. He lost the final, but it was a characteristic tournament for him—there was a sense of deja vu to his performance as well. In every major event aside from the French Open, Nadal has struggled at first, improved over the course of a couple of years, and finally won it. In Australia, he reached the semis in 2008 before bringing home the trophy in 2009. At Wimbedon, he lost two finals to Federer before winning the third. After semifinal appearances in 2008 and ’09 at the U.S. Open, he struck gold this summer. Nadal had never been to the final of the WTF, and he started this one looking like he never would get to the final of it. Now he has—after his first-set loss to Andy Roddick on Monday, he seemed to will himself to believe that he could. If history tells us anything, we know what will come next for him here.

Nadal also gave us what he usually gives us: a classic, grueling, back-and-forth, emotionally draining match. His semifinal with Andy Murray may have been the best of 2010, and it ended with what was the highlight of the week for me. Nadal was nearly apologetic when he hugged Murray at the end. As Murray walked away to his chair, Nadal gave him one extra pat on the back, with a look of commiseration that his opponent would never see. It was, on a smaller-scale, similar to the arm he threw around Federer’s neck after their 2009 Aussie Open final. Brilliant and empathetic, Nadal went out of that match, and out of the best season of his career, like the Nadal of old.

http://tennisworld.typepad.com/thewrap/ … -line.html

#69 30-11-2010 00:03:56

Art

User

Roger Federer versus Rafael Nadal is like Ali versus Frazier, but with racquets for gloves

The greatest rivalries in sporting history have thrived on the highs and lows, the to’s and the fro’s, but they fade away when inevitability strikes.

So there were moments after the second set of yet another fabulous chapter of the Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal saga here at the O2 Arena that it just felt that we might be witnessing the end of a thrilling duopoly and the advent of a Spanish monopoly.

We had been here before; Federer, the prince, forging ahead, offering shotmaking from the Gods, looking untouchable – “unplayable,” Nadal called his opening barrage – like the best there has ever been.

Then finding himself being pegged back inexorably by tennis’s relentless dementor, the most astonishing athlete his sport has witnessed, sucking away his confidence and belief.

When the Swiss tumbled during the second set, trying desperately to retrieve a net cord and rose groggily, it felt as if it could be the same old, same old. A seventh defeat in their last eight encounters seemed to be gnawing at Federer. Good grief, he was even sweating under the lights.

Then, magically, Federer awoke, inspired and driven by the champion’s heart we so often take for granted because he can make the game look so absurdly easy, while the dementor perceptibly began to be drained of the energy that propels his malevolent intent. Yes, Nadal was weary after his Saturday best. Yes, Nadal was human. Hold the back page!

When it dawned on Federer that his final looping forehand had actually dipped on to the line, he screamed to the Dome top. It was not a Slam but it may have meant as much. It was the match he had to win. For his ego, his belief, perhaps even for his Grand Slam future.

He sounded re-energised. “I hope I can play for many more years to come,” he said. “I think it’s possible.”

Fantastic if it means countless new sequels in a duel which surely belongs up there alongside the likes of Coe-Ovett, Borg-McEnroe, Prost-Senna and Ali-Frazier. With one great difference, of course. There is not the same personal edge, from distaste to plain hostility, which characterised the others.

The theory is that if ‘hate sells’, Rafa v Roger just does not possess the ingredients of the tastiest sporting feuds. They’re just too damn nice, killing each other with politeness. So Rafa would never dream of making an excuse. “I don’t say I lost because I was tired,” he insisted. And as for rivalry, there was none, he shrugged. “We have a great relationship all the time, no?”

But isn’t that matiness actually what helps make it a completely refreshing rivalry for the ages? Cut out all of the hype and unnecessary posturing and manufactured animosity and just savour only the absolute competitive brilliance of two masters near the peak of their powers.

“We’re playing not only for ourselves but for history,” as Federer put it. “There will always be a lot at stake in all of our future matches, and I think it’s wonderful.”

The glitterati evidently thought so too, all wanting an ‘I was there’ moment, from royalty (Princess Beatrice) to Hollywood (Kevin Spacey) to rock ’n roll (Ronnie Wood) to politics (Boris Johnson) and, naturally, sport.

All just to witness just a few snapshots of the dazzling fare we saw in the match on a lawn across town two years ago. Two consecutive points in the sixth game of the opening set summed up the magnificence; two long rallies of high speed chess, fantastic retrieving, virtuoso shotmaking and amazing all-court athleticism.

Federer ended the first with a sublime, silky backhand winner and Nadal the next with a murderous forehand crusher. Ali versus Frazier, with racquets for gloves. Sport does not get much better.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis … loves.html

#70 02-12-2010 12:20:24

Art

User

Nadal helping to keep Fed great

I sensed for awhile that the latter half of the year was going to belong to Roger Federer so I'm not surprised that he went on and won the ATP Tour Finals.

He is playing exceptionally well and I am now confident he will be a consistent threat next season, even though I would still at this stage take Rafael Nadal to do better in 2011, unless he suffers injury.

Federer looks very nearly back to his best, I would not say he has rediscovered his absolute top level, but he is close enough to the frightening standard he has produced in the past to worry any player.

There were doubts three or four months whether he could keep up with Nadal but he has answered those questions - so really well done to him - and it is fantastic for tennis to see him back winning big prizes again.

Certainly the introduction of Paul Annacone as his new coach is a factor. Roger was very careful when it came to picking a coach and in Annacone he seems to have found the right man. A new input can make a big difference.

When it came to Federer the big question for me was always motivation, but he has answered that by showing he is still hungry for titles.

He has been overtaken by Rafa in the last year or so - there is no doubt about that - but he is now starting to narrow the gap again, and while I would still have Rafa as the favourite for the Australian Open, Roger is now right behind him. It is great to see the rivalry is back big time.

In my opinion, the main reason why Federer is still playing at such a high level despite the fact that he is now 29-years-old is because he needs to keep working on his game to keep up with Nadal.

If Nadal never existed, I've no doubt that Roger would still be playing tennis but not to the standard we are seeing at the moment because really he wouldn't need to.

Federer would still (and could still) win two or three Grand Slams a year as a gimmie if it wasn't for the challenge of Nadal.

Looking at Andy Murray's tournament - well he had another great match with Nadal but again he lost and there is the worry that Nadal could become a psychological stumbling block for him.

He was saying one or two strange things before the Rafa match. Talking about how tough it would be etc...

The strange thing about Murray is that some of the best tennis I have ever seen him play has been against Nadal but he has still ended up losing.

He has to break the habit of losing to the 'big two' in Grand Slams for it to stop being a problem.

I'm not sure he goes into Grand Slam matches against Rafa believing he can win, I do believe he goes into matches again Roger thinking he can win (he's just not doing it), but I think he still sees Rafa as the man he needs to overcome.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/si … icle/5139/

#71 25-12-2010 11:58:17

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Roger Federer Could Nip the 'Fedal' Debate in the Bud at The Australian Open

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/081/331/107182437_crop_340x234.jpg?1291402853

Lately, after Nadal’s summer surge at the slams, pundits and fans alike have been openly discussing his standing as the best player of this era. Authorities no less than Martina Navratilova and John McEnroe have made the claim for him to be greater than Roger Federer.

While Federer’s records will forever be astounding, Nadal seems to be catching up really fast. He has already accumulated nine grand slams at the age of 24, completing the career slam and becoming the first man to win Roland Garros, Wimbledon and the US Open in the same year since Rod Laver in 1969.

What’s more impressive is that he won each on a unique surface, cementing his stake as one of the most versatile champions of the modern game.

Nadal’s stunning level of success has not just been at the slams, but he’s also proved to be dominant at the prestigious Masters events. While Sampras in his illustrious career won 11 Masters titles, and Agassi 17, Nadal has already passed them both with a record 18 Masters victories at his young age.

Granted, Masters events have become more prominent in the last five or 10 years, and Nadal and his contemporaries compete in these events more than the previous generation. But that is still a great achievement, especially when one considers that Federer has won 17 thus far. If Nadal continues at this pace, he will probably end up with 25 Masters Shields. And of course his grand slam resume only seems to be getting more impressive.
Do You Agree that winning the Australian Open 2011 will definitively make Federer greater than Nadal?

However, it is likely that Nadal’s longevity will not be as impressive as Sampras’, let alone Agassi. Chances are he won’t be competing for slams by the time he is 29. But for the next few years it appears that he has enough game to win four to six slams.

He is likely to win two or three more in Paris, and his ability to win on any surface makes him a threat to win two or three slams elsewhere as well. That means he could end up with 14-15 Slams. For a lot of fans, that will put a significant dent in Federer’s claim to be the greatest of this era let alone of all time seeing that Nadal has a 6-2 head-to-head record in slams against the Swiss.

Of course this is all speculation and things can change quickly in tennis. Consider that Federer won his ninth slam at the 2006 US Open. At that time he looked good for 20 slams. Four years on, many are writing him off. And it does seem that Federer might not have more than a slam or two left in him. But let’s say he stops at 17, and Nadal ends up with 15. Who will be the greater of the two?

It will be hard to say Federer is the greater if Nadal continues to dominate Federer at the big events. But in my opinion, if Federer can win next year’s Australian Open the Federer-Nadal debate will be nipped in the bud for good, regardless of whether Federer falls in the first round of every other event he ever plays.

A win in Australia would give him five titles Down Under making him the only tennis player in history to win five titles each at three different slams. That, combined with Federer’s five wins at the year end championships, would make him an unprecedented dominator of four of the sport’s five biggest titles. What would make his dominance even more astounding is that he would have achieved all of this within eight years. 

It’s highly unlikely that Nadal will catch up to Federer’s record at the ATP World Tour Finals. Neither is he likely to dominate another slam like he has in Paris. I don’t see him winning many successive Australian Opens or US Opens to give him the dominant status at those events. He’s built up quite a record at Wimbledon though, but unless he wins the next three his dominance there would never be up to par with Federer’s.

And for me, that will end up defining the “Fedal” debate. We will remember Nadal as a thorn in Federer’s side, but history will show that while Federer dominated three slams, Nadal was only really the big Roland Garros maestro who could bully his way through any tournament but often fell short.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5338 … alian-open

Polać mu

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#72 29-12-2010 10:52:09

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Marca: Nadal i Federer sportowcami dekady

W głosowaniu na stronie internetowej dziennika sportowego "Marca" na najlepszego hiszpańskiego sportowca dekady prowadzi Rafael Nadal. Wśród sportowców zagranicznych na czele jest Roger Federer.

W głosowaniu na hiszpańskiego sportowca dekady do poniedziałku wzięło udział ponad 60 tys. osób. Ponad połowa (52,8 procent) uważa, że na tytuł najbardziej zasługuje tenisista Rafael Nadal. Urodzony na Majorce 24-latek jest aktualnie numerem jeden rankingu ATP, a w ostatniej dekadzie dziewięciokrotnie triumfował w turniejach Wielkiego Szlema (pięć razy wygrał French Open, dwa razy US Open, po razie zwyciężył w Australian Open i US Open) i wywalczył złoty medal igrzysk w Pekinie.

Na podium są także koszykarz Los Angeles Lakers Pau Gasol (12,7 procent głosów) oraz kierowca Formuły 1 Fernando Alonso (10,8 procent). Piłkarze Iker Casillas i Xavi Hernandez zajmują odpowiednio czwartą i piątą lokatę (obaj po 7,2 procent, dzieli ich kilkadziesiąt głosów).

W głosowaniu na najlepszego zagranicznego sportowca dekady także prowadzi tenisista - Roger Federer. Szwajcar ma 31,5 procent z oddanych do tej pory niespełna 10 tys. głosów. Na podium są jeszcze motocyklista Valentino Rossi (20,6 procent), a także piłkarz Zinedine Zidane (13,7), którego goni Argentyńczyk Leo Messi (12,5).

http://www.sport.pl/tenis/1,64987,88727 … ekady.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#73 29-12-2010 11:11:46

jaccol55

Administrator

14 szans na mecze gigantów

Rafael Nadal i Roger Federer ogłosili swoje plany startowe na 2011 rok. Hiszpan wystąpi w osiemnastu, a Szwajcar w siedemnastu turniejach. W czternastu zagrają wspólnie.

Nadal i Federer będą razem rywalizować w Dausze, Australian Open w Melbourne, Indian Wells, Miami, Madrycie, Rzymie, Rolandzie Garrosie w Rzymie, Montrealu, Cincinnati, US Open w Nowym Jorku, Szanghaju, Paryżu oraz Mastersie w Londynie.

W swoim kalendarzu Nadal uwzględnił też wiosenne występy w Monte Carlo i Barcelonie (mączka), Londynie (trawa przed Wimbledonem) oraz Tokio (korty twarde). Federer zagra za to na betonie w Dubaju, gdzie ma swoją rezydencję, na trawie w Halle oraz w hali w rodzinnej Bazylei.

http://www.sports.pl/Tenis/14-szans-na- … 1,289.html

#74 29-12-2010 12:54:57

Kazik

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Robin Soderling

jaccol55 napisał:

Nadal i Federer będą razem rywalizować w Dausze, Australian Open w Melbourne, Indian Wells, Miami, Madrycie, Rzymie, Rolandzie Garrosie w Rzymie, Montrealu, Cincinnati, US Open w Nowym Jorku, Szanghaju, Paryżu oraz Mastersie w Londynie.

#75 29-12-2010 12:57:33

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Sporo się mówiło o przenosinach RG, ale żeby tak szybko.

Kuba, widzę, że spodobało Ci się kopanie leżących federastów.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#76 29-12-2010 14:44:13

muto

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafael Nadal

No i chyba autorowi cytowanego artykułu umknął wspólny start w Wimbledonie...

Ostatnio edytowany przez muto (29-12-2010 14:44:58)

#77 02-01-2011 11:07:38

Joao

Buntownik z wyboru

Liczba wygranych turniejów w danym miesiącu 

Styczeń: Rafa (1), Roger (6)

Luty: Rafa (2), Roger (6)

Marzec: Rafa (3), Roger (6)

Kwiecień Rafa (11), Roger (2)

Maj: Rafa (8), Roger (6)

Czerwiec: Rafa (5), Roger (6)

Lipiec: Rafa (6), Roger (8)

Sierpień: Rafa (3), Roger (5)

Wrzesień: Rafa (2), Roger (5)

Październik: Rafa (2), Roger (10)

Listopad: Rafa (0), Roger (6)

Grudzień: wakacje

Człowiek, jak każda małpa, jest zwierzęciem społecznym, a społeczeństwo rządzi się kumoterstwem, nepotyzmem, lewizną i plotkarstwem, uznając je za podstawowe normy postępowania etycznego. (Cień wiatru - Carlos Ruiz Zafon)

#78 11-01-2011 22:24:54

jaccol55

Administrator

Federer: Off the Mat

by Pete Bodo

Q: Do we have a right or good reason to expect another installment in the Roger vs. Rafa rivalry to cap the Australian Open?

A: We certainly do, given the most recent twists and turns in this rivalry for the ages. In fact, we may have more right to expect a showdown between No. 1 Nadal and No. 2 Federer in Melbourne than we ever had before. That's partly because Rafa added to his all-surface expertise (and confidence) considerably when he completed his career Grand Slam at the U.S. Open last September. Although he's won the Australian Open before—with a championship match win over his great rival in 2009—his lack of ultimate success in New York always cast some doubt on his hard court proficiency.

Nadal retired with a right knee injury during his quarterfinal match with Andy Murray in Melbourne last year, which certainly aided Federer's drive to the title (the Swiss handled Murray with ease in the title round). More important, the win represented Federer's 16th Grand Slam title and immediately guaranteed that whatever happened the rest of the year, he could consider 2010 an overall success. When a player tells you that any year in which he wins a major is a huge success, believe him.

But then the wheels came loose, if not entirely off. Federer really struggled through the late winter hard-court season in the U.S., and beyond. More surprising, he often seemed frazzled and frayed, losing matches he was in a position to win. He was lucky to have that Australian Open title in his back pocket; had Nadal triumphed back in Melbourne, Federer's problems would have been magnified, and by the end of Wimbledon (Federer was knocked out there and at Roland Garros a few weeks earlier) he could have been said to be in crisis. It doesn't take much to run a player, even a Federer, off the rails. And given Federer's age, record and depth of experience, it's hard to say how he would have reacted to that set of conditions.

There's no reason to get carried away here; it would be insulting to imagine that somehow a Nadal win in Australia last year would have driven Federer to his competitive knees. But when you look at how Nadal ripped through the subsequent spring and summer, and ended up winning three majors after he had to quit in the first one, you must concede that the bum knee played an enormous role in denying Nadal a chance to become the first man since Rod Laver in 1969 to perform the ultimate feat in tennis—bagging a calendar-year Grand Slam. Rafa is positioned to accomplish the next best thing in that regard starting next week. If he wins the Australian Open, he will be the first man since Laver to hold all for majors at once.

This is all pure speculation; had Nadal won in Australia and positioned himself to accomplish a calendar-year Grand Slam, the pressure at the final three slams would been of a different sort, and probably a different order of magnitude. Nadal isn't crazy enough to set out to earn a calendar year Grand Slam; nobody is that loopy. But it must occur to him—and to Federer as well—that with their multi-surface skills, the Australian Open takes on special significance, because winning it creates the possibility of a Grand Slam, even if it remains a speck on a horizon littered with massive obstacles. The one thing everyone can be sure of is that if you don't win in Melbourne, you won't accomplish a Grand Slam. Duh!

I raise this issue partly because of something I wrote the other day for ESPN, on how the paradigms in tennis can shift surprisingly swiftly. The emergence of the "Golden Girls" theme in the WTA is one example. A more relevant one is the way nobody really thought that anyone in the Open era had a chance to break Roy Emerson's Grand Slam singles title record. Nobody, at least, until Pete Sampras seemed to declare, "Why not?" Since then, Federer has shattered Sampras's mark of 14 majors. So let me throw it out there—why not a Grand Slam, by Federer or Nadal?

The early portion of this analysis unavoidably cast Federer in a lesser light than he deserves, but let's face it, he was legitimately in trouble—his decision to hire Paul Annacone, the man who shepherded Sampras through his greatest years attests to it, as did his results. And give Federer all the credit in the world for taking a proactive attitude, as well as for taking advantage of his opportunity to take the Australian Open title last year. Depending on how things go this year and for at least one more, that win in Melbourne last year may stand out prominently as a critically important one—the affirmative result that helped keep Federer's confidence and motivation on a simmer despite the rough sledding he would face. It certainly was an achievement that he could turn to for consolation when things went awry. It would not have been fun for Federer, denied in Melbourne, to have to watch Nadal run the table in the three subsequent majors.

There were two main themes to the Federer-Nadal rivalry in 2010. One was the maturation of Nadal as a 12-month contender and dominant force. The other was Federer's late-season surge, as he sloughed off whatever temptation he might have had to hit the reset button. Federer finished strong, avenging his U.S. Open loss to Novak Djokovic (on his home turf at Basel). He nosed in front of his pal Pete Sampras in the career title count with win No. 65 (also in Basel), and later he joined Sampras and Ivan Lendl as the only men who have won the year-end championships five times. That he ended his year at that event with a command performance against his nemesis Nadal (Federer won, 6-3, 3-6, 6-1) only made the triumph more poignant.

Seen from high enough above the smoke and din of the battlefield, 2010 seems like a year when Federer approached the brink of submission to Nadal, but managed to pull his chestnuts out of the fire in time to reassert a general—and for us, marvelous—sense of parity. If he benefitted from Nadal's January injury, he also showed great resilience and competitive courage to finish the way he did. But this is how it's always been with these two. What seems a certain knockout either way tends to bring the seemingly beaten man popping back up off the mat, stung but reinvigorated. We saw it most recently at the ATP World Tour Finals.

Yesterday, I speculated that WTA No. 2 Vera Zvonareva's eye-catching 6-1, 6-0 win over No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki in a Hong Kong exhibition may bear upon the events of the coming weeks in Melbourne. Much the same can be said for Federer's performance last week in Doha, where an ill (as opposed to injured) Nadal swooned and staggered out in the semifinal stage, beaten by the man Federer would crush in the final, Nikolay Davydenko. There are more similarities than differences in the comparison, starting with the most conspicuous one of them all: the No. 2s seem to be doing all they can to seize the high ground as the Australia Open bears down on us. They are ready.

http://blogs.tennis.com/tennisworld/2011/01/tk-4.html

#79 29-01-2011 23:00:27

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Słówko o kolejnym pomyśle i aranżacji fedalowych pokazówek. Na nazwiska Nadal i Federer użyte w jednym zdaniu powoli dostaję skrętu kiszek. Wspaniali tenisiści, bardzo dobrzy ludzie, od zawsze darzący się wzajemnym szacunkiem - ok. Niemniej ta ich wielka "przyjaźń" kreowana od niedawna zaczyna mnie mocno irytować. Naturalnie wszystko przez tę modę na pokazówki. Nie rozumiem tego i nawet się nie staram tego robić. Nie kminie czemu to ma służyć. Z jednej strony marudzenie, że sezon za długi, dogrywanie meczów z kontuzją, a dwa dni po fakcie aranżacja cyklu spotkań pokazowych. Ta rywalizacja mocno zapisała się w historii dyscypliny, Panowie zdominowali tenis w ostatnich 5 latach, nie widzę żadnej potrzeby udowadniania poprzez media i tego typu "szopki", że dziś mamy dwóch prawdziwych tenisistów, a reszta to statyści.

Mniej więcej tak to postrzegam.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#80 31-01-2011 10:47:20

Robertinho

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer forever

Jak tam wygląda to na chwilę obecną?

Stopka forum

RSS