Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#21 18-01-2010 14:30:18

Yannick

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Tomic-Roddick

Re: Bernard Tomic

Tomic into second round

Rising star Bernard Tomic has become the first Australian into the second round of the Australian Open after cruising past Frenchman Guillaume Rufin in a rain-interrupted match on Monday evening.

Tomic, who reached the second round here in 2009, overpowered the world No.173 to wrap up a 6-3 6-4 6-4 victory in one hour, 44 minutes.

It looked anything but an easy win for the 17-year-old when the qualifier broke his serve in the third game of the match. But Tomic regrouped to immediately break back and from there he was far too good as Rufin committed 50 unforced errors for the match.

Not even a rain delay in the second set could stop Tomic as he returned after almost an hour off court to complete the victory.

He will now play either 14th seed Marin Cilic or French veteran Fabrice Santoro

http://sportal.com.au/tennis-news-displ … ound-84351

#22 18-01-2010 15:35:04

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Wywiad z Tomiciem po spotkaniu 1 rundy:

An interview with:
BERNARD TOMIC

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Did you have difficulty with the rain delays and maintaining your concentration?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, I did. It was kind of strange because that last set, you know, I saw this massive cloud going over me. I was like praying to finish it, but it was getting closer and closer.

I was happy I served for the match and got it at the end.

Q. Rubbing your eyes a lot during the last set. Was it the wind, too? Dust out there?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, and the light and everything was just a little bit, I don't know, it was funny. But, you know, if it had gone to four it would have been a problem for me, so I was happy to finish it in the third.

Q. What pleased you most about the match tonight?

BERNARD TOMIC: Well, I didn't hit that many unforced errors. I got a lot of balls back. That's what gave me the first and second set. That's what I think I need to, you know, work on tomorrow a little bit more, hit aggressively a little bit if I want to have a chance in the next round.

Q. Were you very conservative tonight, did you think?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah. Yeah, I mean, I knew I had to get off the court as soon as possible.

Q. Had to mix that with the patience of making sure you kept it in play all the time. How did you work those two against each other?

BERNARD TOMIC: I didn't want to rush it, of course, do stupid things. I knew the rain was going to hit again, but we were lucky to finish it in the end.

You know, I was being consistent the whole match, and I think that's what got me here, he made a lot of errors.

Q. How much did those winds in Kooyong and Adelaide help you tonight?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, a lot. A lot. I mean, it was windy in Adelaide and in Kooyong, and I knew what I had to do in the wind was just get a lot of balls back and wait for the other guy to miss.

Q. There's been some talk that this barney with you and Lleyton has been a distraction for you in the preparation. Is it a distraction?

BERNARD TOMIC: Not at all, no.

Q. Have you spoken to anybody from the Hewitt camp since you've been over here for the Open, and has the air been cleared at all?

BERNARD TOMIC: No, I haven't spoken to anyone.

Q. Would you like to?

BERNARD TOMIC: I don't really mind. I don't really mind.

Q. How does it feel being in the second round of your second Australian Open?

BERNARD TOMIC: Okay. Well, I did what I did last year. If I can pull off one more win, then it would be great.

Q. Last year you were quite tired during the second round.

BERNARD TOMIC: Well, hopefully it won't be 12:00 at night Rod Laver start this time.

Q. Is that still way past your bedtime?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah. I mean, I was getting tired then and it was like 8:00 (smiling).

Q. The fans at the start of the game, they were fantastic for you. Are you getting used to that sort of reception on the big arena here?

BERNARD TOMIC: I am. I mean, look, the crowd got me through last year, got me through today. If you had to leave because of the rain, I'm sure they got annoyed.

But in the next round, hopefully I can have as much supporters as I can.

Q. They were singing you were Australia's No. 1. Is that where you see yourself?

BERNARD TOMIC: It's hard to say that. I got to the second round. There's another match ahead of me.

Q. Looking at the next match, may be Marin Cilic. Are you confident playing him?

BERNARD TOMIC: You know, look, I know what I have to do if I play him. It's definitely hold my serve for a while. I'm going to try my best.

I think I can compete now. We'll see when it starts.

Q. What about if it's Santoro?

BERNARD TOMIC: Well, I don't know. I'm going to see and look at a few players that I play tomorrow on video, see as much as I can do to help me in the next round.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 84609.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#23 18-01-2010 17:16:19

Art

User

Tomic off to a bright start in the gloom

The air was biting, the opponent tricky and the crowd faithful but dwindling, but Bernard Tomic was up to the challenge, netting himself a second consecutive appearance in the second round of the Australian Open.

In a match troubled by rain and swirly conditions on Margaret Court Arena, the 17-year old Australian was forced to pull more tricks out of his ever-growing bag as play went on.

The 6-3 6-4 6-4 scoreline belied the challenge mounted by Frenchman and fellow teen Guillaume Rufin, who reigned in his baseline play after a wild first set in which he sprayed 20 unforced errors to Tomic’s five.

Importantly, the Australian, who enjoyed wins against top-20 players Novak Djokovic and Radek Stepanek in the lead-up to Australian Open 2010, kept his composure and concentration despite a number of delays throughout the match.

And, as the Queenslander said after the match, he was lucky the match finished when it did.

“I saw this massive cloud going over me. I was like praying to finish it, but it was getting closer and closer. I knew I had to get off the court as soon as possible,” he said.

Tomic was the first to adjust to the conditions, surging ahead to a 5-2 lead after trading early breaks with Rufin.

“I didn't hit that many unforced errors,” the 17-year old said. “I got a lot of balls back. That's what gave me the first and second set.

“I didn't want to rush it, of course, do stupid things ... I was being consistent the whole match, and I think that's what got me here; he made a lot of errors.”

The second set was a closer affair. While Rufin had more chances to break his opponent, Tomic was able to capitalise on his.

Again in the third set, Rufin and the rain clouds threatened a Tomic win – or at least one in straight sets – but the 2009 Junior US Open champion held his nerve to set up a second-round meeting with either No.14 seed Marin Cilic or 70-Slam veteran Fabrice Santoro.

“That's what I think I need to work on tomorrow a little bit more, hit aggressively a little bit if I want to have a chance in the next round,” Tomic said.

The young Australian will need to have his wits about him to record a second win. Luckily for Tomic, a noisy crowd is becoming something of a norm whenever he plays.

“The crowd got me through last year, (and) got me through today,” he said.

They’ll undoubtedly be gunning for their man come Wednesday too.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 68968.html

#24 20-01-2010 17:04:34

Yannick

User

Tomic loses second round marathon 

Deep into Thursday morning, seventeen year-old Australian wunderkind Bernard Tomic proved the hype about his future is well-founded, after a fierce battle with Croatian number 14 seed Marin Cilic for a place in the third round of the Australian Open.

Cilic eventually won the grinding three hour, 48 minute marathon 6-7, 3-6, 4-6, 6-2, 6-4 at 2.08am

Cilic broke the Tomic serve in the ninth game of the deciding set to take a 5-4 lead. Tomic fought out the match to the end, with several long rallies in the final game, but the more experienced baseliner had the winners when it mattered.

After a nine-minute eighth game, Cilic eventually held his serve to level up the epic clash 4-4. Tomic twice held break points, and if he had converted, he would have been serving for victory.

At 1.40am, Tomic won the fifth game to take a 3-2 lead in the deciding set, after a ten minute battle to hold his serve that went to deuce several times. Despite sapping, hard-hitting 20-shot rallies, the young Australian was still finding reserves of skill and energy as the match stretched beyond 200 minutes.

Tomic, ranked 289, was a $4.70 outsider with Betfair to win the match as it went into its fifth and deciding set, but the tenacious Queenslander had already bounced back from losing the second set, exceeding expectations with his stamina in pushing his 21 year-old opponent.

Tomic hit only four aces, compared to the 198cm Croat's 25, but his persistent ground shots kept him in the match, and his ability to rejuvenate himself after suffering disappointments surprised Cilic, who made the fourth round of this tournament last year.

Tomic hit only 33 winners, compared to Cilic's 91, but he made fewer unforced errors (63-70), and his consistency, resolve and maturity, backed by the hardy remnants of the evening session crowd at Rod Laver Arena, saw the match go the distance.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/tennis/t … -mm13.html

#25 21-01-2010 10:46:42

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Wywiad po turnieju AO.

Interview with:
BERNARD TOMIC

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. I understand you've been meeting with Craig Tiley and other officials. Do you have anything further to say on last night, and particularly your remark about the late scheduling of the match?

BERNARD TOMIC: Well, look, after the match, you know, I would have done anything to win that match. To get out of it yesterday and say that, it's a bit harsh. Look, I did finish late. It's a bit hard playing at that time.

But, you know, there's nothing really I could do.

Q. But do you think that you over stepped the mark in terms of criticizing the scheduling?

BERNARD TOMIC: Well, look, I put in a request and that didn't happen. But I mean, you know, I got picked for a night match primetime and it got a little bit late. After, when I finished and lost, which I was a point or two away from winning, I got a little bit upset and said those things.

You know, right now I'm thinking totally different. If they pick me ever again to play, I will play anyway.

Q. Today's discussion has been about what you said rather than how you played, which seems a shame. Do you feel like you kind of learned a lesson as far as just being a little bit more careful in your post‑match comments?

BERNARD TOMIC: No, not really. Haven't learned anything. What's there to learn? I just finished the match and I said a thing that I was probably ‑‑ what was I supposed to say? It was 2:00 in the morning.

No, hopefully next schedule will be during the day when I play.

Q. When you say, What's to learn, some of the comments have been that it's poor sportsmanship to look for an excuse for your loss. So you used the scheduling for an excuse. Do you agree that's poor sportsmanship?

BERNARD TOMIC: No, had I played during the day it would have been totally different. Like I said, after the match, I said what I said. I was a few points away from winning, and I got a little bit upset about that.

Q. What did Craig tell you in the meeting?

BERNARD TOMIC: Well, there was a few things mentioned. Nothing really that we can talk about now.

Q. Would it be an honor to play at night on Rod Laver if you got the chance again?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah. Look, last year and this year I got the chance, and I'm grateful. I'm not trying to make any excuses, but I go to sleep at like 9:00, 10:00 normally. It's way past my bedtime.

So I don't know...

Q. Lleyton said that deep down he thought you loved the experience playing out there in front of the crowd. Is that a fair statement?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah. Look, what I learned from that match is unbelievable. Couldn't have played any better. You know, if I had, you know, done something different during the breakpoints in the fifth set I could have maybe won the match.

Yeah, there was nothing more I could have done. Just pleased with myself.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 62375.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#26 21-01-2010 22:27:22

Art

User

Teenaged Tomic no night owl

Teenaged Aussie hope Bernard Tomic had a few complaints about losing a five-set late-night match at the Australian Open.

The 17-year-old, German-born of Croatian heritage and tipped as the future of the talent-short local game, didn't finish up until 2 am, an hour which the loser said was "ridiculous."

"To finish at this time, it's tough, but I have no excuses," said Tomic, beaten by Croatian 14th seed Marin Cilic. "If I'd have played during the day, which I requested, it could have been all changed.

"I think I should have won. But I'm proud of the way I played. It's difficult for me. I requested to play during the day, and it didn't happen, I think it's ridiculous."

The 2008 Melbourne junior winner said that he might have to start 2 am training sessions if this kind of scheduling continues at an event where Lleyton Hewitt finished a match win at 4:30 am two years ago.

"Name me any sport you play at 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning, except this. Especially me, at my age, it's difficult."

The Open, frequent target of scheduling criticism, made a change this year, starting evening sessions 30 minutes earlier at 7 pm and putting the most important match first. Prior to Tomic, Justine Henin beat Elena Dementieva in a contest which took just short of three hours.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20100 … _night_owl

#27 30-01-2010 10:35:29

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

John Tomić, ojciec Berniego, powiedział, że być może Jego syn niebawem będzie grał pod flagą chorwacką! To byłby chyba spory cios dla Australijczyków.

http://www.vecernji.hr/sport/tenis/john … anak-89224

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#28 30-01-2010 11:25:02

Statystyczny

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Frank Dancevic

Ja nie mam nic przeciwko rośnięciu reprezentacji Chorwacji w siłę.

Frank Dancevic---------Stefan Koubek---------Grigor Dimitrov-------Dustin Brown------Jo- Wilfried Tsonga-----Łukasz Kubot----- Michał Przysiężny------Horacio Zeballos

http://dropszot.blogspot.com - zapraszam na świetnego bloga poświęconego niższym szczeblom męskich rozgrywek tenisowych.
Blog został zawieszony na nieokreślony okres czasu.

#29 30-01-2010 11:27:59

Bizon

siła spokoju

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Oj, obawiam sie ze nie bylby to w tym momencie najlepszy pomysl. Pokonczyly by sie WC do australisjkich turniejow i tyle bysmy Tomica widzieli

MTT Singiel : (Rank-2)

W : Los Angeles 08, Dubaj 09, New Heaven 09, Bangkok 09, Pekin 09, Madryt 10, Roland Garros 10, Barcelona 11, Madryt 11, Roland Garros 11
F  : Olympic Games 08, Bangkok 08, s'Hertogenbosch 10, Wimbledon 10, Los Angeles 10, Memphis 11

#30 30-01-2010 11:41:36

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Bizon napisał:

Oj, obawiam sie ze nie bylby to w tym momencie najlepszy pomysl. Pokonczyly by sie WC do australisjkich turniejow i tyle bysmy Tomica widzieli

Zamieniłby te dzikie karty na WC do Zagrzebia i Umag.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#31 30-01-2010 11:56:49

Statystyczny

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Frank Dancevic

W Chorwacji konkurencja  do WC jest większa.

Frank Dancevic---------Stefan Koubek---------Grigor Dimitrov-------Dustin Brown------Jo- Wilfried Tsonga-----Łukasz Kubot----- Michał Przysiężny------Horacio Zeballos

http://dropszot.blogspot.com - zapraszam na świetnego bloga poświęconego niższym szczeblom męskich rozgrywek tenisowych.
Blog został zawieszony na nieokreślony okres czasu.

#32 01-02-2010 23:10:51

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Bernard Tomic raises Aussie spirits

THE engravers have finished for 2010, the $24 million in prizemoney has been distributed and more than 600,000 spectators at Melbourne Park have been treated to memories many will cherish for the rest of their lives.

What have we gleaned in the past fortnight at this country's biggest and most internationally exposed sporting event?

For me, the two finals came as no surprise. Serena Williams and Roger Federer were always going to live up to their rankings, while Justine Henin, on the comeback trail, and Andy Murray, an elite competitor, were magnificent from day one.

What did shock many was the emergence of the Chinese girls, Zheng Jie and Li Na, who reached the semi-finals and underlined the impact that a country with such a massive population will have on our game in the decade ahead.

To see Ken Rosewall, a four-time winner, chatting to Juan Martin del Potro, the US Open champ, is to understand the changing face of the men's game.

Like many of the heroes of yesteryear, Rosewall is more than 30cm shorter. The men's locker-room looked more like a basketball changing room. Guys such as Ivo Karlovic, Marin Cilic, Del Potro and John Isner rocket their serves from a mighty height and back them up with supersonic ground shots. For them the power game is alive and thriving.

The pressure and tempo of the modern game continue to take a terrible toll, especially among the men. Novak Djokovic may have built up but it was his stomach that brought him undone in his quarter-final with Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.

Two of the crowd's favourites, our own Lleyton Hewitt and Spain's Rafael Nadal, are prime examples of what the constant pounding does to the body. Hewitt is now sidelined after his good hip gave way, while the future of Nadal rests on wonky knees.

I wonder if we have seen the end of the glory days for the flamboyant Spaniard.

While Federer is gliding, ever so smoothly, these two put enormous pressure on every joint with their style of play.

Again the Eastern European girls failed to come to terms with Melbourne Park and it says something for the durability of Serena and the guts of Justine that they saw them all off.

What of the Aussies? I thought Sam Stosur was superb as she lived up to her No. 13 seeding. Her effort against Serena in the fourth round showed her star is continuing to rise.

Casey Dellacqua won through to the third round, while Alicia Molik had every chance in her first-round match against Julie Coin, of France, and allowed victory to slip from her grasp.

As always the hopes of a nation rested with Hewitt. He gave us a good run and had Marcos Baghdatis on the ropes before the Cypriot retired, but a troublesome hip was never going to allow him to threaten Federer in the fourth round.

Bernard Tomic was exceptional. In the first round he defeated Frenchman Guillaume Rufin, 19, who is the top-ranked teenager on the world circuit. Then he came close to eliminating 14th seed Cilic, the giant Croatian who fell to Murray in the semis. That Tomic led two sets to one in a marathon five-setter was one of the stories of the Open.

A couple of matches stood out. I thought the second-round match between Henin and Elena Dementieva was a cracker and I loved the Tsonga-Nicolas Almagro tussle.

Both showed us what grand slam tennis is all about.

It is obvious how much the women's game has needed Henin and Kim Clijsters to inject much-needed interest.

Murray emerged as the male player best suited and prepared to be the next world No. 1.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/berna … 5825287700

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#33 07-02-2010 09:57:03

Yannick

User

2) ATP Challenger-Burnie 2010 (AUS)

QR2 Jason Kubler (NR)(AUS)  6-4 6-7(4) 6-2
QR (6)Dane Propoggia (702) (AUS)  7-6(1) 6-0
R1 Daniel King-Turner (252) (NZL)  7-6(8) 7-5
R2 (6)Nick Lindahl (239) (AUS)  4-6 7-6(3) 6-4
QF (1)Grega Zemlja (142) (SLO)  6-7(4) 6-3 6-3
SF Joseph Sirianni (352) (AUS)  6-4 6-4
F (7)Greg Jones (246) (AUS)  6-4 6-2

http://www.burnieinternational.com.au/images/stories/Articles/2010/06_02_2010/BTomic4.jpg

#34 07-02-2010 10:34:51

Kubecki

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Novak Djokovic

No brawo

Ostatnio edytowany przez Kubecki (07-02-2010 10:36:49)

#35 07-02-2010 10:53:19

Kastet1

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Novak Djoković

To było do przewidzenia. Szedł jak burz w tym turnieju. Szykuje się skok do 2 setki rankingu.

#36 07-02-2010 11:43:50

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Brawo! Będą z Niego ludzie.

Yannick, mógłbyś jeszcze przypomnieć, gdzie Bernard sięgnął po swój pierwszy challengerowy tytuł? Będę wdzięczny, bo obecnie jestem zbyt zaspany i zbyt leniwy żeby poszukać.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#37 07-02-2010 13:17:42

Yannick

User

DUN I LOVE napisał:

Bernard beat Marinko Matosevic in the final of the Melbourne Challenger 5-7 6-4 6-3.

Bernard Tomić wygrał swój 1 turniej rangi challenger. Stało się to w Melbourne - gratulujemy

O to kto napisał na stronie 1.

#38 07-02-2010 13:25:54

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ale łeb...

Dzięki.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#39 08-02-2010 13:50:26

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

8.02.2010r.

http://i50.tinypic.com/omdyw.jpg

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#40 08-02-2010 16:36:57

Yannick

User

Powoli ale systematycznie idziemy w górę! 

Stopka forum

RSS