Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#61 22-01-2011 16:44:28

Yannick

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Tomic-Roddick

Re: Bernard Tomic

A new tutor for Tomic

http://images.theage.com.au/2011/01/23/2147278/tomic2_420-420x0.jpg

BERNARD Tomic's education is ahead of schedule even if, technically, he did not pass last night's examination against world No. 1 Rafael Nadal. The scoreboard said 6-2, 7-5, 6-3, but Tomic's game said quite a few things that Australian tennis so desperately wants to hear.

Tomic should have won a set - the second, which he led 4-0 - but lost no friends and surely made a few new ones with a mature and persistent performance that stretched over two hours and 30 minutes on Rod Laver Arena. In just his fifth major tournament, against a champion who has already won nine grand slam titles, perhaps the only expectations the 18-year-old from the Gold Coast did not exceed were his own.

He was applauded off the court by Nadal, and the youngest Australian in either singles draw was also the last remaining, after Sam Stosur's premature exit in the women's third round. The worst performance from the local men since 2002 left Tomic carrying the flag, but not in any burdensome way, for no one imagined for a moment that he would win.

The expectations will come later, in a career seemingly destined for great heights. In Jeremy Chardy and Feliciano
Lopez, the first two top-50 scalps have been delivered in this past week, but not a No. 1 - not yet. As good as Tomic was last night, Nadal was still Nadal, and the 2009 champion eventually reeled Tomic in during the second set and then wore him down in the last.

Only Nadal had anything to lose, as he seeks a fourth consecutive grand slam title, the Spaniard having not lost since limping out of Melbourne Park after an incomplete quarter-final against Andy Murray last year. The Rafa Slam is now, potentially, just four matches away - the next against Marin Cilic.

But Tomic made him earn it, even if the 2009 champion was not at his best. Tomic's height helped him handle Nadal's topspin and he had clearly resolved not to be pushed too far back behind the baseline, but to take the fight to Nadal. He played more aggressively than in his earlier rounds, generated unexpected pace on the forehand side in particular, and did not retreat, persisting even after having his opening service game broken in the third set.

Tomic was in every game in the first set, winning at least two points in each, but although he saved six of eight break chances, he could not capitalise on his only chance on the Nadal serve, in the second game. It was by no means a thrashing, the first set taking 44 minutes, many of the rallies long and searching.

But if something extraordinary was going to be needed to make a brave challenge into a contest, then it happened early in the second. When Tomic broke serve in the second game and then held for 3-0 he had won 39 points to Nadal's 38. A double break was sealed with several audacious forehands, and the help of some average serving from Nadal. Shockingly, suddenly, it was 4-0. But then one loose service game from Tomic allowed Nadal back in.

He is not one to go away easily, either, and there was never going to be any way back once Nadal led two sets to love. But Tomic was still competitive after his serve was broken early in the third, despite former US Davis Cup captain Patrick McEnroe having earlier predicted a 6-0 last set scoreline, ''and that's just because I don't think Tomic is ready to deal yet with the physicality of Nadal''. Indeed, Tomic surprised a few people last night. And pleasantly.

At 18 years and three months, he was the youngest man to reach the third round at the Australian Open since the 17-year-old Nadal lost to Lleyton Hewitt on the corresponding night in 2004. A curious lack of matchplay in the second half of last year meant his ranking did not advance as it should have, but his game is tracking nicely and he must now continue to develop his body if he is to take the next step.

For now, he should be well satisfied. His tactics and temperament were both sound, the result respectable, the experience invaluable. Tomic is learning. Quickly.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/australi … 1a0ub.html

#62 22-01-2011 23:33:50

Serenity

User

AO 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 2 rundzie

Q. You must be happy with that. How did it feel out there?
BERNARD TOMIC: Great. I mean, you know, that feeling when I won was unbelievable. It's the first time I've been in the third round. I've been playing some good tennis. I'm really happy with myself.

Q. What's going through your head now? What are you thinking about? Dare to dream about the next step, which is a pretty big one?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, I'm looking on the draw right now. I can't believe that I'm playing him. What an opportunity it is to play him, in a third round as well. It's a dream come true. Look, I've got nothing to lose.

Q. You're on home court, the confidence must be getting you through? Playing with a lot of confidence, how are you feeling?

BERNARD TOMIC: I'm hitting the ball great. My confidence is up there, especially after two matches. I played a left hander before I played him, that's always good. But confidence wise I'm hitting the ball great, I'm hitting good, serving good. I can put confidence now in this next round.

Q. What would you say has improved the most in your game in the past months or year?

BERNARD TOMIC: I'm definitely physically much stronger and fitter. I remember last year when I played a first round, even against a qualifier, I wasn't feeling too good in the second round, feeling tired.

But here when I played today, I was feeling fresh and energetic. Even today after the win, I feel good right now. That's what I'm going to need against Nadal on Saturday.

Q. Can you talk about the way you're practicing, your workout? Did you do something special?

BERNARD TOMIC: I've been training up in Gold Coast. A lot more physical stuff, it's paying off. Pushing my body to the limits. That's what I need for me to be physically strong. I've got the right tennis to play tennis, I just need to get physically stronger. It's sort of balancing out, so I can see it on court. Once you're fitter, you're mentally strong, everything is better on court.

Q. You were very composed in the tiebreakers. What was your strategy going into each tiebreaker?

BERNARD TOMIC: Well, the first tiebreak, you know, I was up serving for the first set I think 5 3. I didn't want to push it to a tiebreak. He played some good tennis to break me. I played really good in the tiebreak in the first few points and got off to a lead.

That second set, I don't think I should have won that one, but I stayed in there and fought back and I got the break. That tiebreak I played was pretty good, the second set.

Q. You seemed to handle the pressure really well. Certainly today you did. What about the pressure coming now, you're the last Australian male left in the Australian Open?

BERNARD TOMIC: There's a lot of pressure out there. I'm just an open guy. I don't have those things to worry about. I don't feel pressure. It's more nerves that I'm going to be feeling now when I play next. But I think I'll settle down a bit in a day or so.

Q. Is it excitement or nervousness?

BERNARD TOMIC: It's excitement, that's what it is. To get this opportunity the first time in my life, it's different. It's an opportunity that I'm going to take, I think.

Q. For those of us who don't know you so well, how did you develop your style? Did you ever feel pressure to change it, hit the ball hard more of the time than you do?

BERNARD TOMIC: Look, the way I play, I catch a lot of guys out with not a lot of power. My strengths are, you know, I can find players' weaknesses really quickly. That's what I've always been good at when I was young.

I can hit the ball hard, but I don't do it a lot of the time. That's sort the not my game, playing hard. But, you know, I like to play against players, make 'em miss sort of thing.

Q. Did you feel that pressure to change your game growing up?

BERNARD TOMIC: No. I got in the habit when I was playing young playing funky shots. It sort of pays off now.

Q. What are your expectations against Rafa?

BERNARD TOMIC: Oh, well, I don't think he's lost a Grand Slam since last Australia. I think that's what anyone thinks when you step out against a player like that. You don't have nothing to lose. But I'm not going to go and win this match if I go out there and play not to lose. I've got to play, you know, to win.

Q. You obviously believe you can win?

BERNARD TOMIC: Oh, I believe so. I believe so. I mean, you know, it's an opportunity that I get. He's the world No. 1. I'll just have a go.

Q. What kind of weaknesses can you identify in his game?

BERNARD TOMIC: There's not much weaknesses (laughter).

I don't think he'll like my game. I think he'll like the players that give him a lot of time, a lot of rally shots. I think the way I mix it up, he's not going to like. But who knows.

Q. The crowd may even be a factor now. Do you feel the Australian public has embraced you or are embracing you as a player?

BERNARD TOMIC: Look, the crowds, it's totally different down here in Australia. I think they motivate me even more. It's an unbelievable feeling when you hear them in the back of your brain when you're playing before a point, a big point. You get this energy from them. That's what I feed off of. I love that, playing in Australia with the crowd. It's a true feeling.

Q. You're going to be playing on Saturday, probably Saturday night, probably Rod Laver Arena. What do you think about that?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, I was expecting Court 14, but... (Laughter).

I don't like night matches. No, it's an opportunity. Even if I played in the morning against him at 5:00, I'll take it.

Q. Is this something that dreams are made of?

BERNARD TOMIC: It is. It is. It's going to be a tough next 24 hours. You know, a lot of things are going to be flying through my head. But I dream that it happens once, and hopefully there's a lot more in my career.

Q. What did Feliciano López say to you at the net after the game?

BERNARD TOMIC: Good game.

Q. Any words of encouragement?

BERNARD TOMIC: He just said, Good game. He knew as well that I was going to play some tennis that he didn't like. I played with him before and hit. He knew it was going to be a tough game. I got lucky in the first tiebreak.

Q. You mentioned not liking playing night matches. If it is at night, what are your plans for Saturday?

BERNARD TOMIC: Well, uhm, you know, I sort of got the experience last year, finishing early in the morning. But I've got nothing to lose. So win or lose, I'm going to take this opportunity to play at night against the world No. 1, playing not to lose, playing to win.

Q. Nadal said in his press conference that to relax he might go to the aquarium. Might have to do something like that before he plays you. What are your plans?

BERNARD TOMIC: I'll go to the aquarium, too (laughter).

I'll go to the zoo or something, some bungee jumping or something like that. No, I'll definitely do something to take my mind off of it as much as I can so it all sort of fades away a bit.

Q. There will be a lot of hype about this terrific result, then you're going to play Rafa. How are you going to be able to keep away from it all and keep focused?

BERNARD TOMIC: Right now it's a bit funny for me. But I'll sort of put my brain aside and say, Look, you know, I've got to play tennis like another match. I know it's going to be important. There's going to be a lot of people watching. My job's just to relax and play tennis.

Q. What is it about the night matches that you don't like?

BERNARD TOMIC: Well, uhm, I'm so used to going to sleep like at 9, 10. So when you stay up till like 2, it's a bit difficult.

I'm going to go to sleep late tonight and tomorrow.

Q. If you're still playing at 2 a.m., deep in a fifth set, do you think you have a shot on Saturday night?

BERNARD TOMIC: Look, to play a night match like that, I've got the experience of last year. I'm sure he's got more experience than me. But, uhm, like I say, I got nothing to lose. When I step on the court, I'm going to play to win. If that takes me good, we'll see.

Q. Can you talk a little bit about your childhood. I read you were born in Germany. Do you speak German?

BERNARD TOMIC: Well, I speak Croatian. My parents have a Croatian background. And German, I speak a little bit. Not fluently. I moved out of there when I was young. It's tough for me to learn. Yeah, I speak two languages.

Q. When did you move?

BERNARD TOMIC: When I was about three I moved to Australia.

Q. Was the wild card thing extra motivation, to prove that you were worth it, deserved it?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yes. I mean, I'm thankful to get the opportunity. When I got it, look, I'm now in the third round of a Grand Slam. I think the next nine months, 10 months where I can improve on my game and maybe not have to receive wild cards. Who knows. I'm lucky Australia has a wild card they give in a Grand Slam and I'm a part of it, so I'm really happy.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 89338.html

#63 23-01-2011 00:08:40

Serenity

User

AO 2011 - wywiad po porażce w 3 rundzie

Q. Looked pretty encouraging. How did it look for you?
BERNARD TOMIC: Great. Played a wonderful match. The experience that I had, it was great today. You know, I played really good in that second set, felt really good. But overall the way I played I'm happy with where my level was and where I need to improve.

Q. What did you learn about what you need to improve specifically?

BERNARD TOMIC: Definitely when I get up 4 Love. That's one (laughter).

But he's a very competitive player. You know, I thought it was over at 4 Love. You know, just shows how much he can come back. Against these guys, especially in the top 10, you can't afford to lose concentration. That's the important part.

You know, physically wise he's a machine. He just wears you down. That's where, you know, I'm going to need to improve on in the next few years. I'm improving on that since the last year and the year before. It's getting better for me physical wise. I think there's a lot more to improve on like that.

The way I'm hitting the ball, I can't say I'm not hitting it good, I'm hitting it really good.

Q. Do you think you've given other players a bit of a blueprint the way you managed to test him?

BERNARD TOMIC: Well, uhm, I don't know about that. These players have seen him a lot. Can't just rate it on my match. I can definitely say the players that play him, the guys that give him a lot of time, that's his weapon. The guys that give him a lot of time are the guys that are not going to do so well against him. He's unbelievable when there's a lot of time around him. The only way to beat him is step up and hit the ball hard, go for your shots.

But rallying wise, if you rally with him a lot, he's going to drain you out. He's too fast, too quick.

Q. Did he say anything to you after?

BERNARD TOMIC: He says, Very good play, keep working hard in the future. That's something I'll take from a player like that. He's a true champion. Very nice to get that advice from him.

Q. What tournaments have you got coming up? Take it as it comes?

BERNARD TOMIC: I don't know. I'll see the schedule. I'm definitely going to go to America and play more of the big tournaments. You know, I don't have a lot to defend now till the middle of the year. I can get my ranking up. Always worried me defending my points down in Australia because I always have like 130 points to defend. That's going to be my biggest task. I've defended a fair few. I can focus on building my points up and ranking until the end of the year.

Q. Is top hundred a goal this year?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah. I think absolutely, if I play well, you know, I'll definitely be in the top hundred. If I'm healthy during the year and I play a lot of tournaments, there's no doubt about it, I can break the top hundred.

Q. In hindsight, should you have played more last year?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, I should have. You know, I spent a lot of time in Europe, for two and a half months. I think I played the wrong tournaments. That's why when I came back to Australia, it was tough for me to go back to Europe again, back to America. I gave a lot of time between Wimbledon and the US Open where I didn't play any tournaments. That gap, I'll play more tournaments. That's what I need. I know where my level is at now. It's just getting my points to get in the top hundred.

Q. Before the match you were waiting in the corridor for Rafa to come out. Was that quite difficult to be waiting around?

BERNARD TOMIC: No, no problem. He has his thing. Didn't really bother me.

Q. There's been a lot of hype about you this week, particularly the last couple of days. What have you done to chill out, take your mind off it?

BERNARD TOMIC: Uhm, well, you know, I tried to sleep last night. I couldn't till about 1. It was very hard for me. But I've been relaxing in my hotel. This is a very big match for me. As much relaxing as I could have got, I needed it.

I'm happy the way I played again. You know, I've learnt a lot.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 38773.html

#64 30-01-2011 23:45:30

Yannick

User

Tomic returns to Burnie
http://images.smh.com.au/2011/01/12/2130778/Bernard_Tomic-420x0.jpg
AUSTRALIA'S best performed male tennis player at the Australian Open, Bernard Tomic, will return to this year's McDonald's Burnie International to defend his title.

Tomic, 18, made it through to the third round of the Australian Open, where he met world No1 Rafael Nadal.

Despite going down in straight sets, Tomic was not disgraced and was up to the challenge of Nadal, showing just what is next for this young star.

To make it through to the third round of the Open, Tomic had to defeat 31st seed Feliciano Lopez, of Spain, which he did in straight sets.

It was thought early last week that Tomic would not return to Burnie, but after his strong performance at the Open he was awarded a wildcard yesterday.

Tomic had expressed interest in coming down to the International just before the Australian Open started.

"I have great memories of Burnie and I am looking forward to coming down and defending my title," Tomic said.

After not entering last year, Tomic was forced to play the qualifying rounds before gaining one of four spots in the main draw.

He was then able to breeze through the rounds of the International and met fellow Australian Greg Jones in the final.

Tomic will be unseeded this time around, with his current ranking at 199 in the world.

Tournament coordinator Mark Handley, of Tennis Australia, said yesterday that most the wildcards given to the players are subject to performance.

"Bernard has some points and a title to defend and he plans on coming down and doing just that," Handley said.

the advocate.com.

#65 02-02-2011 00:50:53

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Bernard Tomić po udanym Australian Open (pierwszy raz w karierze 3 runda turnieju WS) zanotował skok na swoje nowe, rekordowe miejsce w rankingu. Australijski nastolatek jest dziś 182 zawodnikiem ATP Entry ranking. W nadchodzącym tygodniu syn Johna Tomica broni tytułu w challengerze na Tasmanii, a tym samym walczy o utrzymanie korzystnej tendencji rankingowej.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Play … Tomic.aspx

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#66 04-02-2011 15:28:13

Serenity

User

Australia counting on Hewitt-Tomic Davis collaboration

Two generations of Australian tennis could soon be on court for a Davis Cup collaboration, with Lleyton Hewitt and Bernard Tomic expected to power the comeback-bound nation this summer.

That's the hope of new captain Patrick Rafter, whose own career was partially defined by his participation in the worldwide team event.

Australia is clawing back from the depths of Asian zonal play, with an away tie looming in July against either China or Taiwan. And Rafter wants to have his two biggest guns on board for the vital weekend. Davis hero Hewitt, 30 this month, and the teenaged Tomic are expected to play in their first tie together as a feud of a few years ago between the camps fades into the past.

Hewitt and Tomic have barely been on speaking terms since 2009 when the youngster apparently snubbed a chance to train with the two-time Grand Slam champion prior to Wimbledon. But an optimistic Rafter told Australian media: "Absolutely, those two will definitely be there (July tie)."

"With those two guys in the team, I think we can do some really good work and some real damage, too. That's my goal and I've got to try to get them together and hopefully I can."

http://tennistalk.com/en/news/20110204/ … laboration

#67 21-03-2011 18:42:42

Joao

Buntownik z wyboru

Najwyższa pozycja w karierze: 180

Człowiek, jak każda małpa, jest zwierzęciem społecznym, a społeczeństwo rządzi się kumoterstwem, nepotyzmem, lewizną i plotkarstwem, uznając je za podstawowe normy postępowania etycznego. (Cień wiatru - Carlos Ruiz Zafon)

#68 18-04-2011 10:34:16

Joao

Buntownik z wyboru

Najwyższa pozycja w karierze: 173

Człowiek, jak każda małpa, jest zwierzęciem społecznym, a społeczeństwo rządzi się kumoterstwem, nepotyzmem, lewizną i plotkarstwem, uznając je za podstawowe normy postępowania etycznego. (Cień wiatru - Carlos Ruiz Zafon)

#69 16-05-2011 18:52:52

jaccol55

Administrator

Najwyższa pozycja w karierze: 170

#70 14-06-2011 10:41:05

Joao

Buntownik z wyboru

Najwyższa pozycja w karierze: 158

#71 22-06-2011 20:52:15

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 1 rundzie

B. Tomic bt N. Davydenko 7 5, 6 3, 7 5

Q. First win at Wimbledon, right, over a former No. 3 in the world. Must be excited.

BERNARD TOMIC: I am. I'm really happy. I wasn't happy when they pulled my name to play him in the first round, but the way I played was really good. Got a lot confidence off that match.

I can't wait for my next round.

Q. Did you think he might be a bit susceptible on grass? He hasn't got the best record at Wimbledon.

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, looking at it, yeah, it's not his favourite surface. But the way I played probably gave me an extra confidence boost. I think his favourite surface is hard court.

The way I played was the perfect style to beat him, I think.

Q. Were you happy with how you came back from dropping all those break points in the first set, and the set points as well? You had chances, didn't you?

BERNARD TOMIC: I mean, after that when I broke back it was 5 All, a lot of things went through my head good and bad things. I'm happy that I won that first set.

Q. How do you compare that form in your match to the Rafa match in Australia?

BERNARD TOMIC: Um, very different. I think that match I played against Nadal I was a bit more relaxed and I hit the ball a little bit harder.

Today it was just windy and it was difficult to hit from one side. It was really tough because the wind was pushing you back, and all you could do was just keep the ball in the court today on one side.

But on the other hand, on the other side, you know, I could follow through and hit the balls hard.

Difference was I think Nadal was a champion in that match. Today obviously I played a really good player, and I'm happy I won.

Q. Happy with your playing schedule? In the lead up to the French you maybe weren't playing as much as you could have been.

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, probably. Um, you know, clay is not my favourite surface, but I'll continue to grow on that surface in the next few years.

Probably could have at least played one more tournament before the French, but I've got a lot more to learn on that surface.

Q. Does your game really suit grass, though?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah. I loved it when I was young. Won a lot tournaments in Australia. I think my game is always going to be suited on grass.

Q. Why in particular? Is it because you hit a bit flatter?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, it's because I like the ball down low and I don't mind lifting balls, and my slice really works well and I can move players around on a grass court. A low ball in tennis is a tough ball to get back.

Q. You're pretty happy overall with your serving game today? It was pretty strong?

BERNARD TOMIC: It was. I think it was up in the 70s first serve percentage. I think I served my best the last few weeks. I knew I had to serve good to beat him.

Q. The advantage of beating a seeded player, of course, is you don't get one in the next round. Have you had a look forward in the draw yet?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, I have. I play Gabashvili or Andreev, which they're on court now. Hard to say. Never played both of them. Typically they're not grass courters, but they can play good tennis and pull up good matches.

So whoever wins that, I'm going to study them hard and try to play well in the next round.

Q. What does that studying involve? Do you get a DVD of it?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, that or YouTube. (smiling.) That's a whole good thing about YouTube. Few letters and you get everything.

Q. It's nice to avoid a big name though, I suppose, though, isn't it? Nice to have that out of the way?

BERNARD TOMIC: It is. It is. When you draw a player like that in the first round, a lot of things go through your head.

But when you step on court, I guess you got to compete. If you win the first one, if you beat a seed, things open up for you, I think.

Q. You're still the youngest guy in the tournament. You've been around on tour for a while. Do you still feel like the young guy?

BERNARD TOMIC: I feel really old for some reason. Feels like I'm in my 30s. Maybe it's because I came and played juniors here for like four years in a row.

But, no, you know, I know I'm young. I've got a lot more to improve.

Q. I think you were quoted as saying your goal is top 80; is that right? Are you going to have to revise that depending on this tournament?

BERNARD TOMIC: Look, a lot of things can happen if I win a match or two more here. I haven't got hardly any points to defend this year, so I think that goal is reachable.

The big thing is injuries. I've just got to stay healthy. I've got a good shot at it, I think.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 47907.html

#72 25-06-2011 20:23:18

jaccol55

Administrator

Już się zaczyna pompowanie po 3 rundzie Wimbledonu.

Na początek - John... przepraszam Mr. McEnroe.

#73 26-06-2011 08:53:43

jaccol55

Administrator

#74 26-06-2011 10:22:11

Yannick

User

Tomic stuns Soderling

http://www.bernardtomic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Bernard-Tomic-website-third-round-490x346.jpg

Bernard Tomic has stunned fifth seed Robin Soderling at Wimbledon, the youngest player in the field defeating the
Swede in straight sets in their third round encounter.

The 18-year-old won 6-1 6-4 7-5 in one hour and 52 minutes on court one in a massive upset against the ailing Scandinavian.

The victory, which carries Tomic into the round of 16 for the first time in his career, is also likely to result in the current world No.158 cracking into the top 100 rankings.

Soderling was suffering from a stomach complaint and Tomic’s form only made the situation worse for the two-time French Open finalist.

The Queenslander said he couldn’t believe that he had reached the second week at the All England Club.

“I’d love to believe it, but, you know, it’s a new feeling for me,” he said.

“It’s the first time I’ve experienced playing the second week.

“It’s a whole new feeling for me … I’m sure I’ll get used to it.”

Tomic will play Xavier Malisse in the round of 16 on Monday.

“I’ll always remember this is the first time I’ve really done well at a grand slam,” he said.

“I think the way I’ve been playing is really good.

“If I can keep it up like this, who knows.”

Soderling met an Australian for the second straight match at Wimbledon following his five-set second round win over Lleyton Hewitt.

Hewitt’s coach Tony Roche started providing the Tomic camp with tips on Soderling’s game only minutes after the youngster booked the third round match on Friday.

Tomic stunned Soderling and the court 1 crowd by claiming the first set in just 17 minutes.

The big Swede screamed in frustration after slipping to 4-0 down with less than 10 minutes on the board and his mood didn’t improve when Tomic produced a brilliant a lob volley serving for the set.

Tomic mixed up his pace and used his slice to keep the ball low and out of the powerful Scandinavian’s hitting zone.

He made Soderling look like a park player in the opening set and enjoyed a two-set lead not that long after the hour mark.

Soderling improved as the match wore on but Tomic kept on frustrating him and broke the Swede’s serve again for a 6-5 lead in the final set.

Serving for the match, he started to get a little tense but pulled himself over the line and celebrated the victory by raising both fists in the air and enjoying a standing ovation.

http://www.bernardtomic.com/2011/news-p … -soderling

#75 26-06-2011 11:22:34

Bizon

siła spokoju

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Na które miejsce w rankingu awansuje Tomik po pokonaniu Soderlinga? Oraz gdyby udało się tak na wznoszącej fali pokonać X-Mena, to który mniej/więcej będzie?

MTT Singiel : (Rank-2)

W : Los Angeles 08, Dubaj 09, New Heaven 09, Bangkok 09, Pekin 09, Madryt 10, Roland Garros 10, Barcelona 11, Madryt 11, Roland Garros 11
F  : Olympic Games 08, Bangkok 08, s'Hertogenbosch 10, Wimbledon 10, Los Angeles 10, Memphis 11

#76 26-06-2011 11:27:13

Serenity

User

Bizon napisał:

Na które miejsce w rankingu awansuje Tomik po pokonaniu Soderlinga? Oraz gdyby udało się tak na wznoszącej fali pokonać X-Mena, to który mniej/więcej będzie?

Uprzedziłeś mnie Chciałem zadać to samo pytanie.

#77 26-06-2011 11:27:50

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 2 rundzie

B. Tomic bt I. Andreev 4 6, 5 7, 6 3, 6 4, 6 1

Q. Unknown territory?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah. Good win today.

Q. Surprised yourself by getting there after where you were?

BERNARD TOMIC: Um, yeah, that was my first really test I think, challenge. You know, it's the first time I've been down in my career two sets to love and a break and potentially a double break down.

I think I gave it a shot. You know, I tested myself to win that match, to get back in that third set, and I did. You know, and then that rain came and the nightfall.

So I was happy that I won the third set before dark, and I gave myself a chance in today's fourth set.

Q. What advice did you get overnight that maybe helped you today?

BERNARD TOMIC: Well, definitely not hit to his forehand. (Smiling.) He was just dominating me for the first two sets. I think I played too defensive. You know, against a player like that that moves you around the court really well, that was a stupid tactic of mine.

But then fourth set, fifth set, I started to play a little bit more deeper and faster, and that's something I picked up on in the third set where he made a few errors. He doesn't really like to be pushed. He likes to be played slow, and I think tactics were right today for me.

Q. Looks like this win today will make you Australian's sort of highest ranked singles. How do you feel about that situation?

BERNARD TOMIC: Well, it's a good feeling. You know, now I haven't really focused on that too much. I know ranking will come if I win, especially if I win another game. I have another tough opponent.

But, look, I'm just going to focus on this and see where my ranking is after the tournament.

Q. What do you think about your next test then? You will play Soderling, and you never played him before.

BERNARD TOMIC: Um, no, I haven't hit with him, which is good, so I can get out there and hopefully, you know, he's not going to like the way I play. But he can hit you off the court, as he's done the last, you know, few years. He's beaten a lot guys very easily.

I can come out playing my game and can mean nothing to that. He can just hit winners and push me off the court. So, yeah, I've got to serve well tomorrow; and if I serve well, I think my baseline game will improve.

Q. Did you see any of his match against Lleyton?

BERNARD TOMIC: I did. I watched it. Lleyton was obviously up two sets to love, and, you know, unfortunately lost that in five.

But he's a higher ranked player now. I think for me to beat him tomorrow, I've got to be more relaxed than I was in the second round today.

Q. Have you talked to Tony or Lleyton about it?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, I spoke to Tony about an hour ago about it. I haven't really got the chance to talk to Lleyton yet about it. If I see him we'll have a chat, but Tony gave me a few good advices on how to play him.

Q. You've been to the third round of a Grand Slam. What have you learned from your previous third round experiences?

BERNARD TOMIC: Well, the second time to be in a third round of a Grand Slam for me; first time here at Wimbledon third round. I'm really happy.

You know, maybe I should have lost in qualifying first round. Just tells you sometimes when you win a match anything can happen.

But I'm happy. I'm happy the way I pushed forward, and especially won in this last match.

Q. How do you like playing hitters like Soderling with such a powerful game?

BERNARD TOMIC: Well, it's definitely going to tell me that I can't push the ball, I've got to hit the ball tomorrow. I prefer to play players that play slow, but I can deal with it anyhow.

If he increases the speed, the problem is going to be getting back his serve because he serves really good. I think I have enough of a game to control him from the line.

But from the serve, you know, he serves really good. Depends how he serves. I think against Lleyton he served 70%, so we'll see how he serves tomorrow.

Q. Who has been the most powerful hitter you've played you during your career, do you think?

BERNARD TOMIC: Probably Nadal in a way, because he pushes you and moves you off the court. His balls are probably the heaviest to handle.

I've never played Soderling or hit with him before, so I don't know him. He's one of the hardest hitters, so we'll see tomorrow.

Q. What family do you have here?

BERNARD TOMIC: Um, I have my dad. Yeah, my dad and my best friend and Mario and my fitness trainer.

Q. Are you in a hotel or are you staying at a house?

BERNARD TOMIC: Oh, that was the question. Sorry. I got a house, yeah, in Southfield, about two minutes from here.

Q. How do you feel physically now? He's got an extra day of rest.

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, um, although I played two sets today, so I thought I was going to feel worse. I actually feel all right. Yeah, I feel okay.

Q. Pat was sitting next to your dad, and some of the other boys were watching on. How important is that structure to you now, sort of all that Davis Cup structure?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, it's really important. Um, you know, Pat's starting to get a bit involved now. My dad is still coaching me. That's good. I think this is going to be Pat's first time Davis Cup that I'm going to be involved.

I'm happy that he's in. He's a really nice guy. He's got a lot to offer to the team. I can't wait to kick off when the tie starts in China.

Q. Your dad is obviously perfectly comfortable with you going to others for advice these days?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, I mean, look, it's good to get advice from Pat like that. He was a great player. He obviously did really well here and he's won slams. Any advice from a player like that is good, especially before you play these players now.

Q. What are you planning today tonight?

BERNARD TOMIC: I don't know. Think about what I have to do in the next round. You know, relax, not do anything, go to sleep. Tomorrow hopefully I can have a good match.

Q. Is there anyone you're going to ask to warm you up, any big hitters?

BERNARD TOMIC: You know, Ferrer asked me to hit tomorrow, so I think that's the complete opposite of Soderling. (Smiling.)

Q. You saw Soderling's game with Lleyton and you were impressed by his big serve. Did you see any weaknesses that Lleyton did good that he had problems with?

BERNARD TOMIC: Um, yeah, look, Lleyton put a lot balls on the court, and Soderling at times didn't play as hard. I think the lower the ball for Soderling, he can't really execute his power on the shots.

I think I probably can serve a little bit better than Lleyton at this stage. You know, I'm serving really good in the last matches here. So if I can hold my serve, anything can happen.

Q. Will you be trying to really test Robin's patience? He's known for finishing points off pretty quickly.

BERNARD TOMIC: See, that's going to look, it's hard to say. Tomorrow I can come out and I can put a lot balls low; sure, he can miss everything or he can wipe me off the court in 30 minutes in a set.

That's when I really have to think what have to do and change. If it's going for me, then I'm not going to change anything. Obviously if it's not, which there could be a chance, I've got change things up and probably do stuff he doesn't like.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 49583.html

#78 26-06-2011 11:45:15

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

WIMBLEDON - RUNDA 3

(Q) Bernard Tomić - Robin Soderling (5) 61 64 75

Wielkie zwycięstwo Bernarda Tomicia. Ogranie w 3 setach na Wimbledonie 5 rakiety świata i to w wieku 18 lat. Ten sukces otwiera spore możliwości przed młodym tenisistą australijskim:
1) spora szansa na 1/4 Wimbledonu
2) pewne miejsce w Top-100 (na tę chwilę wirtualnie jest 96).

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#79 26-06-2011 11:48:01

Marko

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Grigor Dimitrow

Serenity napisał:

Bizon napisał:

Uprzedziłeś mnie Chciałem zadać to samo pytanie.

Jeżeli dobrze wszystko ogarnąłem, już teraz Tomic powinien awansować w okolice Top 100. Gdyby udało mu się pokonać Xaviera Malisse, młody Australijczyk awansowałby w okolice 80. lokaty.

Ostatnio edytowany przez Marko (26-06-2011 11:48:22)

#80 26-06-2011 11:49:34

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Teraz - 96.

W przypadku awansu do 1/4 Wimbla - 70.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

Stopka forum

RSS