mtenis.pun.pl - forum fanów tenisa ATP

Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#81 26-06-2011 11:51:49

Marko

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Grigor Dimitrow

Re: Bernard Tomic

Jesteś pewny z tą 70? Wydawało mi się na szybko, że to będzie w granicach 75-80... W każdym bądź razie zapewne masz rację

#82 26-06-2011 11:54:04

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Marko napisał:

Jesteś pewny z tą 70? Wydawało mi się na szybko, że to będzie w granicach 75-80... W każdym bądź razie zapewne masz rację

Teraz ma 527 punktów, a za ewentualne zwycięstwo w 4 rundzie dostanie kolejne 180 i będzie miał 707. Wtedy to powinno dać mu 70 pozycję.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#83 26-06-2011 12:00:31

Marko

User

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/Si … 11&c=&r=1#

Tak dokładnie to chyba 71 czysto na papierze

#84 26-06-2011 12:01:19

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

http://live-tennis.eu/

Dokładnie 70.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#85 26-06-2011 12:03:21

Marko

User

Cholera

Więc tak jak myślałem od samego początku - miałeś rację

#86 26-06-2011 12:06:32

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Marko napisał:

Więc tak jak myślałem od samego początku - miałeś rację

Miałem po prostu lepszą ściągę.

Wczoraj Tomić wyrównał swój bilans tegorocznych startów w ATP na 6-6. 11-15 to stosunek jego wszystkich oficjalnych gier na najwyższym szczeblu rozgrywkowym.

Bernard Tomic beats Robin Soderling for place in Wimbledon fourth round

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2011/06/26/1226082/064041-bernard-tomic.jpg
Australian 18-year-old Bernard Tomic celebrates his third-round win over Swedish world No. 5 Robin Soderling at Wimbledon.

BERNARD Tomic has produced Wimbledon's greatest shock at the 125th championship with an extraordinary straight-sets win over world No. 5 Robin Soderling.

And he admits his smoking 6-1 6-4 7-5 third-round triumph should never have happened after facing seemingly certain elimination in the first round of qualifying last week.

"I was probably four points away of losing in the first round of 'qualies'," he said.

"It was four-all, 15-40 in the third (set), first round, break points.

"Never (did) I think I would get this far in here. I look back to that first round and say 'Hey, you know, I won that match, I've gotten this far. Who knows what can happen?

"(This is) probably most definitely the best achievement that I've done so far. I'll always remember this is the first time I've really done well at a grand slam.

"The way I've been playing is really good. If I can keep it up like this, who knows.

"I'm in the fourth round now. I'd love to win another round.

"It's going to be the next few days where I'm going to have to prepare mentally for it and not just backing off in the fourth round.

"I think I can win. I've got to go out there and believe like I did today."

Ranked 158th in the world , qualifier Tomic destroyed Soderling in 112 minutes.

The Queensland 18-year-old is the youngest male to reach Wimbledon's fourth round since Croat GoranIvanisevic and American Michael Chang in 1990.

No male Australian 18-year-old has been this far since Pat Cash in 1983.

All three ended their careers as grand slam champions.

Soderling could barely bring himself to speak about Tomic after a demoralising thrashing.

"I don't know if I ever played an 18-year-old before," he said.

"He's good. But I'm not the right guy to ask."

Tomic, who had to survive three qualifying matches simply to enter the main draw, will now probably crack the top 100 - and is clearly Australia's highest-ranked man.

But his Wimbledon campaign is far from over.

He has a winnable fourth-round appointment against Belgian Xavier Malisse, who eliminated Austrian 11th seed Jurgen Melzer 7-6 (7-5) 6-3 6-0.

Tomic unwound a perfect start, blazing through the first set in 17 minutes as Soderling struggled in the warmth.

The hapless Swede was at the young Gold Coaster's mercy once a rally developed.

He fidgeted regularly with his right leg before asking for the tournament doctor to come out to the court early in the second set.

Soderling told the doctor he had been suffering from an upset stomach and was given tablets.

The medication did not appear to work.

He slumped to his knees in despair after netting a forehand to lose serve again in the fifth game of the second set and gestured to his coach Fredric Rosengren that he could not see.

The dual French Open finalist began to make slow headway but fell behind two sets to love.

He sat forlornly with his head covered in a towel as a phyisotherapist waited in the wings.
Soderling regrouped for one last push, unleashing all of his power and aggression on his teenaged opponent.

But Tomic refused to buckle.

Frustrated, Soderling cracked.

He dragged a forehand low into the net, but then was saved on break point by a Hawk-Eye over-rule that showed an ace.

But he pushed a forehand wide on the next point and repeated the dose a point later to give Tomic the break - and the right to serve out the match.

In the grandstand, Tomic's father and coach John pumped his fist wildly.

Tomic withstood another Soderling charge, staving off a break point and narrowly surviving when the Swede's appeal to Hawk-Eye on break point was rejected after his forehand just missed the sideline.

Malisse beat Tomic in a long three-setter on grass at Queen's Club last year.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/tenni … 6082064934

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#87 26-06-2011 13:05:31

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

John McEnroe says Bernard Tomic can boost nation's tennis stocks

JOHN McEnroe says young gun Bernard Tomic has the potential to revive Australian tennis.

But he must weather pressure from not only his home nation but also his father, John Tomic, to do it, the former world No.1 says.

Tomic, 18, will be Australia's top-ranked male when the new standings are issued after Wimbledon. He will move to about world No.25.

Former world No.1 Lleyton Hewitt will slip to about 180 after his second-round exit.

Tomic won through to the third round, where he was due to face fifth-seed Robin Soderling overnight - the man who knocked out Hewitt - after overcoming Russian Igor Andreev 4-6 5-7 6-3 6-4 6-1.

McEnroe, who has practised with Tomic in the past, noted the young Australian's game was "unorthodox" but had the potential to go far if he could show the mental resolve.

"His game is unusual. He is a bit unorthodox. He'll throw up the pace and give you different looks, sort of what Andy Murray has successfully done," McEnroe said.

"Obviously there is a lot of hope and pressure on him, certainly his father has been someone who has put a lot of pressure on him as well.

"It will be interesting to see how it all pans out, but hopefully he'll make the type of progress that will spark Australian tennis.

McEnroe said while Hewitt's effort against Soderling was gallant, it showed the Australian was battling.

"He looks like he's got fire and desire and he played well. I mean, Soderling is five in the world," McEnroe said.

"His body just can't take the abuse, his hip is a major problem and when it rains it pours."

Pat Rafter believes Hewitt and Tomic will forge a strong working relationship ahead of next month's Davis Cup tie against China.

Hewitt and Tomic fell out over a practice court dispute two years ago but those tensions have thawed.

"Bernard and Lleyton saw each other today and they were all good," Rafter said. "They've always understood that this is Davis Cup, this is for Australia, and to do well we need to play together."

Rafter sat courtside as Tomic came from 0-2 down in the third set to win effortlessly against Andreev.

Rafter was particularly impressed with the Tomic's dominant fifth set.

"A win is a win. We'll take it," Rafter said. "The thing I liked about it is he was down a break in the third and two sets to love and he found a way of coming back and winning."

Andreev agreed Tomic had great potential.

"He played really, really well," the Russian said. '"He's a complete player, technically."

"Mentally, he's very good. He's a fighter and he defends very well."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/tenni … 6082001537

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#88 26-06-2011 13:07:52

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Pat Rafter welcome in Bernard Tomic's camp

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2011/06/26/1226082/064041-bernard-tomic.jpg
Australian 18-year-old Bernard Tomic celebrates his third-round win over Swedish world No. 5 Robin Soderling at Wimbledon.

DAVIS Cup captain Pat Rafter is pulling off the most delicate of diplomatic balancing acts at Wimbledon.

The two-time US Open champion has been welcomed into Bernard Tomic's camp for the tournament and is doing his best to keep the young star's father and coach, John, on side.

Tomic's stunning third-round win over world No.5 Robin Soderling at the All England Club on Saturday underlined his value to Australian tennis.

There have been concerns over the influence of John Tomic and Bernard's development under his father's guidance.

But Rafter said he was not going to be rocking the boat, particularly when the future of Australia's tennis gem is at stake.

"We are on the same wave-length which is really important," Rafter said of his dealings with John.

"If I had different ideas I don't think it would work very well.

"I want to work with what his father has done.

"He has done a great job and at this stage of Bernard's career, the father is actually very important and he looks to his father.

"There might come a time when he does not want him there and John will listen to that. But right now I need the father there helping me too."

The Tomics have been dogged by controversy in the past.

In December 2008 John told Bernard to walk off the court at an event in Perth in protest against the officiating.

Tomic junior received a ban and a fine and his father was forced to make a public apology.

Then at Wimbledon in 2009 he knocked back the chance to hit up with Lleyton Hewitt, the decision sparking a nasty slanging match between the camps of Australia's two leading men's talents.

Rafter said that Hewitt's foot had pulled up well from this second-round loss to Soderling and that he would be available for the July 8-10 Davis Cup tie in China.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/tenni … 6082205842

#89 27-06-2011 19:45:45

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Tomic Youngest In Wimbledon QFs since 1986

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/87FAD2EA57AB4800968492479E6E8DD1.ashx
Tomic cruised to victory over
Malisse in just 81 minutes.

Australian qualifier Bernard Tomic’s dream Wimbledon run continued Monday as he became the youngest man since Boris Becker in 1986 to reach the quarter-finals of The Championships. At the age of 18 years and 255 days, Tomic followed up his victory over World No. 5 Robin Soderling by dismissing 2002 semi-finalist Xavier Malisse 6-1, 7-5, 6-4 in the fourth round.

"I never thought I'd be here the second week, especially in the quarter-finals," said Tomic. "What a feeling and what a tournament it's been for me. It's an unbelievable achievement. I've learnt a lot. It's a great honour to do it here in Wimbledon. I'm at a position now where I've never been happier. I'm looking forward to playing on Wednesday."

In a dominant display, the Gold Coast native committed just eight unforced errors and fired 37 winners. He broke Malisse’s serve four times from 11 opportunities and saved the two break points he faced as he cruised to victory in just 81 minutes. He is the first qualifier to reach the last eight at Wimbledon since Vladimir Voltchkov in 2000.

"Since quallies, I tried to play a little bit more relaxed than I'm used to," explained Tomic. "I've been doing that ever since I qualified. Now I found my game, where I need it be, and that's to have fun, relax out there, not play under pressure. I think now I really learnt the way I should play my game."

As a result of his Wimbledon performance, Tomic will now become the No. 1 Australian, taking over from Lleyton Hewitt who has held the national top spot since 17 May, 2004. The right-hander impressed in a third-round defeat to Rafael Nadal at the Australian Open in January and since then has posted strong results on the ATP Challenger Tour.

In the quarter-finals, Tomic will play World No. 2 Novak Djokovic, who defeated Michael Llodra 6-3, 6-3, 6-3.

"What a match it's going to be," declared Tomic. "To play against a guy like him that's No. 2 in the world, it doesn't get really better than that. He's obviously won Grand Slams before. My relationship's really good with him. I've hit with him a lot of times. He's a cool guy."

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … lodra.aspx

#90 27-06-2011 22:11:58

jaccol55

Administrator

#91 27-06-2011 22:22:52

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 3 rundzie

B. Tomic bt R. Soderling 6 1, 6 4, 7 5
Q. Were you surprised to beat him? Did you expect to beat him? How do you feel about it?

BERNARD TOMIC: I really, uhm, came in today, you know, giving myself a chance. You know, I think I played really relaxed in the first set. You know, I didn't think I could win at the start. But the way I was playing, you know, I was questioning myself. After that first set, it opened up a lot of doors.

Q. In terms of your career, how would you describe your win?

BERNARD TOMIC: Probably most definitely the best achievement that I've done so far. You know, I'll always remember this is the first time I've really done well at a Grand Slam.

I think, you know, the way I've been playing is really good. If I can keep it up like this, who knows.

Q. Can you believe that you're in the second week of Wimbledon?

BERNARD TOMIC: No (laughter). I'd love to believe it, but, you know, it's a new feeling for me. It's the first time I've experienced playing the second week. You know, it's a whole new feeling for me, you know, the last 30 minutes. You know, I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Q. You really won the crowd over out there. Did that help you? How does it feel?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, uhm, I did to a certain point. You know, they were really cheering at the end in that 5 All game. That was an important game, you know, when I broke. Being down Love 30, millimetres away from pulling it to a tiebreak, yeah, I was in doubt.

But the crowd definitely helped and I was happy to get the support from them.

Q. As the win got closer, did it become harder to close it out in your head?

BERNARD TOMIC: It did, yeah. You know, at Love 30, I was questioning myself. That's a time where I said, A free good serve would do me in hand. I'm lucky I served that out wide and got that ace at Love 30, because if I didn't, who knows.

Q. When did you first realise that he wasn't feeling a hundred percent out there?

BERNARD TOMIC: Uhm, well, I mean, I couldn't realise it at the first set. I hit a lot of winners and served a really high percentage. I wasn't doing anything wrong.

It was about the second set where I started to play a little bit more balls, not be as aggressive as much. Then he started missing a few balls that he shouldn't really and started complaining. You know, I didn't know what was wrong with him.

But, look, I think that first set definitely changed his mental attitude, the way he played.

Q. There's no more dangerous animal than a wounded animal. Tricky one to combat, isn't it?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, I don't know what was wrong with him. I was focusing on my side.

I think anyone on that side, after that first set, even for example if I played a guy and I was down 6 1, of course I'd question myself. I would be down. When you lose a set like that, when a guy plays really good, you really question yourself, you know, What can I do to beat this guy?

Today for me it was lucky it was my side that I was playing well.

Q. How far can you go?

BERNARD TOMIC: Look, I'm in the fourth round now. I'd love to win another round. It's going to be a next few days where I'm going to have to prepare mentally for it and not just backing off in the fourth round.

I think I can win. I've got to go out there and believe like I did today.

Q. What did your dad say when you came off the court?

BERNARD TOMIC: Apart from the screaming that I couldn't hear anything, he said, you know, Very well done. All the hard work's paid off.

Look, I put it to myself, I really worked hard. Good things happen when you put your mind to it and focus.

Q. Did you speak to Pat?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, I spoke to him in the gym. He congratulated me. It's good to have someone like that helping out here, especially at a tournament that he's done really well in.

Q. You're the first 18 year old for 21 years to reach the fourth round. What does something like that mean to you?

BERNARD TOMIC: It's big. It's big for me. You know, I didn't know that I was the 18 year old that got there in the fourth round after 21 years. But, look, things happen after and you realize you've done this and achieved this.

You don't really put your mind to it. Don't really want to stop now after you've done it. You really want to keep going. That's what I'm going to do.

Q. You come from a country that probably has as rich a tennis heritage as any in the world. Before you've had a good run here, things were looking pretty down in Aussie tennis. Talk about that and what you hope to give back to it.

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, we've gone through a stage last year maybe, Lleyton being injured a few times. Hopefully Australian tennis can rise.

I think now even with my moving up forward, I can get a lot of kids young saying, I want to play like him and get to the top 100 and help out Australia.

I think it will all change in the next few years. We have a lot of juniors coming up. It's just a matter of time they get the opportunity like I did.

Q. Did you have any narrow squeaks in the qualifying event?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, I did. 4 All, 15 40 in the third, first round, breakpoints.

Q. Really?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah. The ball hit the rubber band on my racquet. Sort of bounced. It was a strange shot.

If I look back to coming to the fourth round, that was a point literally where I should have been out of the tournament.

Q. Was that on one of the backcourts at Roehampton?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yes, it was.

Q. Playing side by side with balls flying all over the place. You have to concentrate to get through that championship.

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah. I mean, look, I was probably four points away of losing in the first round of quallies. Never I think I would get this far in here. Those rounds at Roehampton are pretty tough. I look back to that first round and say, Hey, you know, I won that match, I've gotten this far. Who knows what can happen next.

Q. Who was that against?

BERNARD TOMIC: Sebastian Rieschick, about 200 in the world.

Q. Do you play better the bigger the stage?

BERNARD TOMIC: I like to think so. The better player I play, I seem to fire up and play better tennis. It's always good playing on a court like that. You have so many people watching you. You say to yourself, You have to play well. You have sometimes the crowd on your side, which is always a good thing.

Q. Hard to go from a big court to a smaller court.

BERNARD TOMIC: It can, yeah. That can always pay a bit of a price. The other day I saw Nadal on Court 1, which was a bit strange. Anything can happen at Wimbledon, I guess.

Q. You played Nadal in Melbourne. Did this experience help you today?

BERNARD TOMIC: It did. It put me in a situation where I was in third round then, obviously playing a champion that has won so many Grand Slams.

Today was different. Today I played with a bit of experience of that match that I played against Nadal. I think it really paid out good.

Q. When the games were falling to you in the first set, 3 Love, 4 Love, 5 Love, what were you thinking at that stage? Were you thinking, Is this really happening?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, uhm, I kept looking at the score just to make sure it was all right, on touch, everything was good. You know, I didn't know that I was beating him so quickly and the first set was over in 17, 18 minutes.

I didn't even think that I was going to play like that. But, look, I knew he hit the ball hard. I wasn't going to go out there today and play defensive, push the ball around like I did in the first few sets against Andreev. I knew he's a good quality, world class player that's going to wipe me off the court.

I came out there with a mindset of hitting the ball hard. He wasn't reacting at all to my shots.

Q. You played Malisse last year in Queen's. What do you recall of that game?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, I played him last year. I think he won in three sets. It was a set all. He called the trainer. We know each other's games. We play a little bit similar on grass, both hit the ball pretty low. He's obviously got good results here, got to the semis years back. He's a dangerous player. He can definitely play good on grass.

I've got to use that fourth round as a gold set and look forward to win.

Q. All those many years ago when you were a kid and you first took an interest in tennis, who was your favorite player? Was there anyone you sort of wanted to emulate or pattern your game after?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, when I was young, I looked up to Goran Ivanisevic, Agassi when he was playing. Lleyton took a role there when he was world No. 1 at a young age, at 19 I think. That's when a lot of young kids look at and say, I want to be there one day and have a career like that.

Q. Was Lleyton able to give you advice for today's match?

BERNARD TOMIC: I didn't get a chance to speak to him. I spoke to Tony about it. He gave me a few tips. Lleyton was busy, I couldn't bump into him. I spoke to a lot of people and they gave me good advice on how to play this guy.

Q. After this win today, do you still think you'll be the underdog for the next round?

BERNARD TOMIC: Look, having won now and gotten into the fourth round, I think I've got nothing to lose. I've just got to put myself on my mind that, look, you know, I've got to play relaxed, have fun. That's when I play my best tennis. I think I can play really well when I do that.

Q. How important is your serve going to be against Malisse?

BERNARD TOMIC: Uhm, important, yeah. He returns really good. He obviously doesn't serve like Robin, but he's much better on the balls where I'm going to give him at low level where he can pick up with his slice. He likes the ball down low.

But, you know, having played him last year, I know his game; he knows mine. We both play a bit similar. I think whoever becomes a little bit more aggressive at times is going to win that match.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 90291.html

#92 28-06-2011 21:52:16

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Bernard Tomić po raz pierwszy w 1/4 turnieju wielkoszlemowego!

http://www.bernardtomic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Bernard-Tomic-Wimbledon-website.jpg

Australijski nastolatek pokonał w 3 setach Belga Xaviera Malisse'a i zagra po raz 1 w ćwierćfinale 1 z 4 największych turniejów tenisowych świata - Wimbledonie. Brawo!

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#93 28-06-2011 21:53:29

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Wimbledon - Najmłodszy ćwierćfinalista od 25 lat! Bernard Tomić.

Bernard Tomić pokonał w trzech setach Xaviera Malisse i pewnie awansował do ćwierćfinału Wimbledonu. 18-letni Australijczyk jest najmłodszym tenisistą od 1986 i pierwszym kwalifikantem od 2000 roku, który w Londynie zaszedł tak daleko.

Sklasyfikowany na 158. miejscu listy ATP Tomić potrzebował zaledwie 81 minut do odprawienia 6:1, 7:5, 6:4 Malisse (42. ATP). Nie da się ukryć, że to właśnie za jego sprawą w percepcji obserwatorów na dalszy plan schodzą dotychczasowe dokonania Łukasza Kubota, z którym przygodę z tegorocznym Wimbledonem rozpoczynał w pierwszej rundzie eliminacji.

Ostatnim tenisistą, który w tak młodym wieku awansował do najlepszej ósemki w Londynie był ćwierć wieku temu Boris Becker. Ostatnim kwalifikantem był natomiast Władimir Wołczkow, którego sensacyjny marsz w 2000 roku został zakończony dopiero w półfinale przez Pete'a Samprasa. Potem o wyczynach Białorusina słychać już było niewiele.

Tomić tymczasem wydaje się mieć wszystko, co potrzebne, żeby zadomowić się na wysokich miejscach rankingu na dłużej. Ten nastoletni tenisista występem w Wimbledonie zdołał już pozbawić Lleytona Hewitta utrzymywanego przez 11 lat miana najwyżej sklasyfikowanego na liście ATP Australijczyka. W następnej rundzie Tomić zagra z rozstawionym z dwójką Novakiem Djokoviciem. Według fachowców, nie będzie w tym pojedynku na straconej pozycji, jeśli tylko podejdzie do niego z takim samym pozbawionym lęku nastawieniem, jakie prezentował do tej pory w Londynie.

W meczu z narzekającym na jakość posiadanych rakiet Malisse, Australijczyk kompletnie nie był przerażony stawką i bezwzględnie wykorzystywał błędy rywala. Ci, którzy śledzą tenisa od więcej niż dwóch dekad, potrafili dopatrzeć się w jego uderzeniach charakterystycznego dla Johna McEnroe delikatnego niskiego slice'owego beckhandu oraz potężnego nurkującego woleja z kolekcji Borisa Beckera.

- Nie sądziłem, że będę tutaj w drugim tygodniu turnieju - powiedział po meczu Tomić, który w pierwszej rundzie kwalifikacji przegrywał przy własnym serwisie z Sabastienem Rieschickiem 15:40 przy stanie 4:4 w decydującym secie. Australijczyk odrobił straty, wygrał, a potem w eliminacjach pokonał jeszcze dwóch rywali. W turnieju głównym ograł Nikolaja Dawidienko, żeby w drugiej rundzie odrobić dwa sety i przełamanie z Igorem Andrejewem. W trzeciej rundzie nadspodziewanie gładko pokonał w trzech setach Robina Soderlinga.

- W drugiej rundzie przegrywałem do zera po dwóch setach i było 2:0 dla mojego rywala. Sprawy nie wyglądały wtedy dla mnie najlepiej. Mój przeciwnik miał wszystko pod kontrolą, ale to tylko pokazuje, że jeśli walczysz, wszystko może się odwrócić.

- Teraz odnalazłem swoją grę na nowo. Cieszę się nią, na korcie potrafię być zrelaksowany, nie wywieram na sobie presji w przeciwieństwie do tego, co było jakieś sześć miesięcy temu, kiedy grałem bardziej defensywnie - wyjaśnił sensacyjny, najmłodszy od 25 lat ćwierćfinalista Wimbledonu.

http://www.eurosport.pl/tenis/wimbledon … tory.shtml

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#94 29-06-2011 15:37:46

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 4 rundzie

B. Tomic bt. X. Malisse 6 1, 7 5, 6 4
Q. How are you feeling right now? Are you surprised to have got this far? Did you know you were playing this well?

BERNARD TOMIC: No. I mean, I never thought I'd be here the second week, especially in the quarterfinals. What a feeling and what a tournament it's been for me. I've learnt a lot.

I'm, you know, at a position now where I've never been happier. I'm looking forward to playing on Wednesday.

Q. Can you contrast your feelings compared with the win on Saturday to how you feel right now?

BERNARD TOMIC: Two different wins. I mean, then I beat a much higher ranked player. But today I was playing for a big spot.

You know, in one way they're both unbelievable achievements. But today was a win I really wanted and I prepared for well, and I played well for it today.

Q. Can you tell us a little bit more about why this is happening here and why now?

BERNARD TOMIC: It's got to happen sometime (smiling).

Yeah, I mean, look, I said to myself, you know, I'm going to have a tournament here. Play well.

Ever since quallies, I tried to play a little bit more relaxed than I'm used to. I've been doing that ever since I qualified. Davydenko, I played relaxed. Now I found my game, where I need it be, and that's to have fun, relax out there, not play under pressure where as opposed to maybe six months ago I was playing a little bit more defensive, not playing my game.

I think now I really learnt the way I should play my game.

Q. What was it that led to that change? How did you make the decision to relax and enjoy yourself?

BERNARD TOMIC: Well, you know, I was so used to playing a lot of junior tennis, where I got into the habit of playing a lot of defense tennis. That's what made me win a few junior titles, where I was really good in juniors.

That's where players missed, as opposed to here; they don't miss as much. I found out, look, if I really want to play against these guys, I have to relax like I do in practice. That's when I play my best tennis, in practice.

I know if I play like I do in practice, I'll play much better in my game.

Q. There was a stat saying that you're the youngest men's quarterfinalist here since 1986. How do you feel about being in that sort of history?

BERNARD TOMIC: Unbelievable achievement. I feel, you know, great. Great honor to do it here in Wimbledon. You know, I'm not going to stop now. I'm going to try my best to play on Wednesday in the quarters. I've got nothing to lose. That's a big thing always.

Q. For those of us who don't know much about you, it says you were born in Stuttgart of Bosnian Croatian parents. What has your journey been to get to this point?

BERNARD TOMIC: It's been a funny odd 13 years since I started playing tennis. It's a funny feeling, because I started playing tennis at seven and a half. I didn't play that long. I got really good around 12, 13. I got good quickly.

My background, I was born in Germany. Obviously I moved to Australia when I was about two and a half, three. So I've been in Australia for a long time.

Decision when I started playing tennis now I don't regret.

Q. Can you reflect on the role your father has played and where you got to today?

BERNARD TOMIC: Big role. You know, he's been there since day one, since I started playing tennis. There's been a lot of hard work involved, a lot of hours.

You know, all those years have gone by, now you wonder, look, you're here, you're in the second week of a quarterfinal of a major. Tells you the work's paid off finally.

Q. You probably didn't expect to be in the quarters, given you were a couple points away of going out of qualifying. Has there been a scrambling for booking hotel rooms and stuff like that?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, I never thought I'd be here right now. Look, maybe after that qualifying win, maybe I thought I was going to qualify, maybe that was my goal, to qualify again.

But, look, tennis, you know, is a sport where, you know, anything can happen if you compete well and try. That's what I think I've done well in this tournament, especially in the second round when I was down two sets to love and 2 Love. Things weren't looking good for me. I pretty much thought the match was over within 10, 15 minutes. The guy was all on top of me.

It shows when you compete and fight in a match, things change for you.

Q. Have you got somewhere to stay until the end of the week? Have you not thought that far ahead?

BERNARD TOMIC: Well, I'm staying at a house now. I've been staying at that house since the start of qualifying. Maybe it's the house (smiling).

Q. When you say 'anything can happen,' what about Novak? Tell us your thoughts about that match and your relationship with him.

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, if he's going to win today. Anything can happen.

Novak's a champion. He's obviously won Grand Slams before. My relationship's really good with him. I've hit with him a lot of times. You know, he's a cool guy. One of the nicest guys out there on the tour.

You know, I think he has a respect for me. I've got a much bigger respect for him because he's obviously, you know, played at that big of a level the last five years and consistently held being 3 in the world, now even a step closer to becoming No. 1.

But, you know, if I get that opportunity, if he wins, what a match it's going to be. I mean, you know, to play against a guy like him that's 2 in the world, it doesn't get really better than that.

Q. How did that happen? Did he approach you at a tournament somewhere, wanted to play with you? How did that come about?

BERNARD TOMIC: Around after Kooyong when we played an exhibition match there, you know, ever since that day, I mean, after he's always said good words about me, then I've hit with him at least a dozen times now.

I think he likes having me around. Hitting with him, you know, you learn a lot of things from a player like that when you hit with him in practice.

Hopefully he gets through today and we can play on Wednesday.

Q. Australia has a great tennis tradition, but it's gone downhill. Are you going to bring it back?

BERNARD TOMIC: I'm trying. I'm trying, yeah (smiling). I think I can do it. Hopefully we have more juniors coming through.

Q. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I watched one of Novak's interviews during Wimbledon. He said he was hitting the ball with you before the tournament. How much will that help you in the following match? And what language do you speak with Novak?

BERNARD TOMIC: We talk our language. I did hit with him before the tournament. Yeah, we played a set. He destroyed me. Things are not looking good for me, but hopefully he destroyed me then and not on this game on Wednesday (smiling).

Q. What language do you speak with Novak?

BERNARD TOMIC: We speak in Croatian Serbia.

Q. There's plenty of Aussies in this part of London. They gravitate towards Wimbledon. How have the Aussie fans taken to you? Are they ready to accept you with your background being European?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, you know, the sport from Australia is really good. I think down at Melbourne this year was, you know, huge support. Even today, you know, the Aussies came out and supported, which was really good.

Hopefully I can become a better player than I am right now and keep moving up and win the love of the Australian crowd in the future.

Q. How about Lleyton Hewitt? Has he been any help to you?

BERNARD TOMIC: Uhm, regarding this tournament?

Q. Yes. Has he spoken to you as you've progressed?

BERNARD TOMIC: I've spoke to him once I think around the first round. I haven't really got the chance to bump into him. I think he left after he lost against Robin.

I haven't seen him around. I would love to have the chance to talk to him, but unfortunately we didn't get the time to bump into each other here.

Q. You play such an unusual style. If Novak wins, he's going to know your game as well as anybody, isn't he?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah. It's tough, because even in practice when I play against Novak, I can't execute my shots because he's one of those guys where he's got one of the best returns in the world. From the returns, he moves you. It's tough to play my shots.

But, you know, he's obviously really good off the line, got an unbelievable backhand. But, you know, if I can execute my shots and he doesn't return as good on that day, which could be impossible, because his return is unbelievable, then maybe I'll have a chance. We'll know from the first returns he hits.

Q. What about Llodra, if he wins, that matchup?

BERNARD TOMIC: Against Llodra? Look, if he wins against Novak, then I'll have to find a lefty to hit with tomorrow (smiling).

Q. Which were the players you looked up to when you were growing up? Was it a Croatian or Australian?

BERNARD TOMIC: I looked up to Goran. I looked up to Andre and Sampras. Roger took over and started dominating. I had a few idols back when I was young.

But yeah, you know, I looked up to Roger when he won his first Wimbledon here and beat Philippoussis. Ever since that, the love of the game's always been there. Ever since I was young, I supported Lleyton when he was playing at Wimbledon, when he was reaching the finals and winning. Just tells me one day maybe I can be here competing at this level.

Q. We have an image of Australian teenagers being on the beach, enjoying themselves. You had to make sacrifices to be here. Or do you still go to the beach and barbecues?

BERNARD TOMIC: I still go to the beach and barbecues. That's for sure. Now planning more of that.

Q. Are you playing against China?

BERNARD TOMIC: We are for the Davis Cup.

Q. Are you playing?

BERNARD TOMIC: I'd love to think so. Let's hope I make it to China.

Q. Have you got any superstitions here at Wimbledon, anything you're going to keep doing till you're out?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, I seem to always take the same shower in the locker room. Maybe that's the thing.

Q. Can't that be a bit embarrassing if it's occupied?

BERNARD TOMIC: Then I'll wait.

Q. And did you beat Djokovic at Kooyong?

BERNARD TOMIC: I can't really say I did. I mean, that's an exhibition match. Can't count as a match. But, yeah.

Q. You obviously know his game. But you beat him in the exhibition.

BERNARD TOMIC: See, you know, that match was one of the windiest days I've ever experienced. It's tough to anyone to hit a shot, let alone if you're highly ranked. The ball was flying everywhere.

I think that was more of a thing for the crowd. I think here will be much different.

Q. Can you imagine yourself winning this thing?

BERNARD TOMIC: Three matches away. Wow, that's a big question. Well, anything is possible. I wouldn't be sitting here now in the quarters, let alone think I'm in the quarters. I could be talking to you right now in four days, I don't know, or I could be talking to you again this could be my last time.

Q. It's just Djokovic, Federer, Nadal, an easy run.

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah. We'll see (smiling).

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 10532.html

#95 30-06-2011 11:51:12

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Krzysztof Rawa, w swoim artykule, podał kilka ciekawostek dotyczących wczesnego życia Bernarda. Chyba warto je tu przytoczyć.

Bernard Tomic był najmniej znanym ćwierćfinalistą, ale podkreślano, że jak na 18 lat i 251 dni życia umie dużo, tak młodo na trawie wygrywali tylko Boris Becker, John McEnroe i Bjoern Borg. Ostatnim nastolatkiem w tej fazie turnieju był Federer, dziesięć lat temu.

Kariera chłopaka, który urodził się w Stuttgarcie – płynie w nim krew bałkańska (chorwacka po ojcu, bośniacka po mamie) – i od trzeciego roku życia jest obywatelem Australii, przebiega dynamicznie, dowodem są tytuły w turniejach Orange Bowl oraz zwycięstwa w juniorskich Australian Open (2008) i US Open (2009).

Rodzina na cudzym

W przerwach między sukcesami rodzina Tomiców (karierę syna prowadzi ojciec Ivica) burzyła krew australijskim działaczom, bo zdarzało się, że zdolny chłopak schodził z kortu bez wyraźnej przyczyny, kłócił się z sędziami albo odmawiał treningów z Lleytonem Hewittem, mówiąc, że to za słaby partner.

Gdy karano go dyskwalifikacjami i odmową przyznania dzikich kart, Ivica Tomic groził startami syna w barwach Chorwacji, mówiąc, że na antypodach czuje się jak rodzina na cudzym, nie swoim gruncie.

Waśnie zatarł czas, Bernard ponoć zmądrzał i był w stanie trochę postraszyć Djokovicia. Choć do półfinału nie awansował, można śmiało zakładać, że jego rewolwerowy forhend kiedyś go tam wprowadzi. Djoković – Tsonga to pierwsza para półfinałowa. Na drugą typy były żelazne: Nadal i Murray. Zostały potwierdzone czynami.

http://www.rp.pl/artykul/60574,681050-J … rerem.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#96 30-06-2011 12:13:22

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Bernard Tomic jets off to Monte Carlo

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2011/06/30/1226084/556794-117624934.jpg

Bernard Tomic headed straight to the airport bound for Monte Carlo after losing to Novak Djokovic. Getty Images
BERNARD Tomic is believed to be setting up a new base in Europe's playground of the rich and famous - Monte Carlo.
The Queenslander flew to Monte Carlo after his Wimbledon quarter-final defeat clasping the largest prizemoney cheque of his short career - $210,000.

Tomic, 18, would not reveal why he would take the unusual step of flying to Monaco after losing to world No. 2 Novak Djokovic and then travelling back 36 hours later to join the Australian Davis Cup training camp in London.
"I'm flying to Monte Carlo I'll be back on Friday," he said.
Asked why he was headed to Monte Carlo, he smiled and said: "I have a few things I have to do there."
Tomic has lived most of his life on the Gold Coast, apart from extended stints while training in Florida.

Most Australian professionals have used an overseas base at some stage of their career.
Lleyton Hewitt (Bahamas), Pat Rafter (Bermuda) and Mark Woodforde (Monte Carlo) have all used tax havens at various stages of their careers.
The main reason is to cut down on travel, with the majority of the circuit being played in north America and Europe.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/tenni … 6084556226

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#97 01-07-2011 11:11:54

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po porażce w ćwierćfinale

B. Tomic def. by N. Djokovic 2-6, 6-3, 3-6, 5-7

Q. What are your immediate reflections on that?

BERNARD TOMIC: Uhm, I'm proud of myself firstly. What a player Novak is. I think I gave it, yeah, as much as I could today. I was not too far off, but he's a better player than me at this stage.

Q. Do you feel like you lost it or he won it?

BERNARD TOMIC: Uhm, I can't really tell about that. But, uhm, I had my chances 3 1 in the third. If I was a little bit smarter, I probably would have done the opposite of what I did.

But his returns keep pressuring you and then you make errors, and that's why he's that quality of a player.

Q. Were you starting to believe you could win at that point, 3 1 in the third?

BERNARD TOMIC: I was thinking a lot of things (smiling).

Yeah, I thought I could. But then, you know, when you're up like that, the other guy wants to come back. That's something maybe a little bit I left off and I didn't push that game to lead 4 1.

Q. When you say, "if I was a little bit smarter," what do you think you should have done differently?

BERNARD TOMIC: I was just a little bit relaxed. Obviously when I relax I played better. It was a bad idea I wasn't at the same focus level as I was to win the second set.

But I can say he played that game pretty good.

Q. At the end of the first set you looked pretty tired, but then you came good. Can you tell us physically sort of the peaks and troughs during the match how you went.

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, I mean, I had a bit of a congestion last night and I didn't sleep as good. My immune system wasn't quite as it should have been in the first set, in the first four or five games. That's where he got on a roll.

After that, I mean, I felt good. I started to open up and go for my shots. If I start, you know, playing consistently at my level, I think, you know, that's when I will close out matches against these top players.

Q. You mentioned getting into the top 80 as the end of year goal. You're ahead of schedule. What do you think is possible after what you've been able to do here?

BERNARD TOMIC: Look, when you do a result like this, you know, it tells you you're only a few matches away from winning a title. I know what my goals are now. Rest is one of them (smiling).

But I definitely, you know, think I have the game, and if I get the mental state, to win a major in the next hopefully two years.

Q. The crowd started getting behind you in that second set. Describe what it was like out there. Could you feel the momentum shifting back to you? What's it like playing at Wimbledon for a player like yourself?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, it's the first time I've experienced it, I think. I was down a break in the fourth, but to have the crowd behind you, I played well. That's what you need sometimes, is the crowd to get behind you so you can lift off, you know, and come back.

But full credit to Novak. He's an unbelievable player.

Q. Do you feel like you really belong now with this result you've had?

BERNARD TOMIC: I'd like to think so, but I got a lot of work ahead of me. (Smiling.) I mean, I definitely think I belong with these guys. You know, now I'm heading to America where it's much shorter. It's best of three, so it's a bit different.

But I think I have the physical strength now to play five sets and get deeper into tournaments. I mean, sooner or later I'll play a player like Novak or Rafa and Roger where I'll have a win, but until then I've got to improve.

Q. What do you think you have more to improve, which specific skills?

BERNARD TOMIC: Movement is one. Definitely I don't move as good as Novak. I can, you know, hit shots the way probably he can't in a way. But returns, I'd love to improve my returns and return like him. Obviously that would pressure the opponent more in the future.

Q. The Olympics here next year will be looking a bit more attractive than a few weeks ago.

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, I think if that comes along, if I'm still here at that time, then, yeah, I'd love to play and represent Australia. That would be my dream to play for the Olympics.

And if it comes down to me playing it next year, what something it can be.

Q. How difficult do you think it is for your dad sometimes to stop coaching you and just be your dad, just be your parent?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, I mean, it's probably harder for him than me. But, uhm, you know, he's coached me ever since I was a young kid and I started playing. Sooner or later he'll back off a little bit.

Obviously now there's a lot of pressure for me breaking the top hundred and stuff. I think now it's all different. I think I've got to work hard and, you know, go a step further than I already am. That's when I think I can have a good career and start playing well.

Q. You have other people involved. Is it maybe a bit of a transition the next two or three years as you mature yourself that your old man won't be on tour as much with you?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, I mean, look, as soon as I have done well and made myself the best of a player as I am, then I think my dad can slip out.

But until then, he's the one that's coached me and helped me out and made me the player who I am now.

Q. When you say, "slip out," you mean find another coach to take you to another level?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah. I mean, in time obviously it's going to be like that. But until I become, you know, as best of a player as I am, which I think only he can help me until then, it could be one year away or four years away. I don't know.

Q. You're obviously one of the younger players here at the tournament, the youngest, I think. You were the youngest to reach the quarterfinals since Boris Becker. If you'd won today, there would have only been two younger players than you, and that's Becker and John McEnroe. What are your thoughts being compared in that same light as those great players of previous years?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, it's something that, uhm, you know, you really think about and makes you wonder, you know, what can you be in life and how many tournaments and Grand Slams you can win.

But to be mentioned amongst those people and those greats is truly good.

Q. Did Goran say anything to you before or after the match that you'll take away with you?

BERNARD TOMIC: He said, Look, if you don't win it this time, you'll win it one day (smiling).

Q. Did you think you had a quarterfinal in you?

BERNARD TOMIC: No, not yet. Not at this stage. I thought I was about a year or two away.

Q. You think you're that far ahead of schedule in results?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, I mean, 'cause tennis has changed so much. It's so physical. These guys are much more physical than they were 10 years ago. I'm not as physically strong as these guys.

That's when I really started thinking at 19, 20 I could have done something like this. But, you know, at this stage, to have done it now, uhm, it's something.

Q. With the sort of game you've got, do you think you can be a good player on clay or...

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, I mean, that's something I've become better on this year on clay. I've started winning a few matches, and that's something I'll continue to grow on and learn I think as my ranking moves up and then the higher I get seeded in the events like the French Open and Barcelona, I think I'll have better chance of playing well and gaining confidence on that surface.

Q. You talk about maturing physically. Do you think your game will change? Seeing you for the first time, I'll admit, you've got this counter puncher's game and you take the pace off the ball. You had Novak guessing throughout today. Do you think when you have more power you'll be tempted to change that game or you'll stick to the thoughtful approach you bring to it?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, I mean, a lot of players don't like the way I play. I think in one way that's a good step for me. But physically, I mean, there's shots that maybe I can't hit as good as these guys, and I rely on my hands to pull me out of it, which sometimes end up being good, but...

But, yeah, when I physically become better at finishing cheaper shots, then I think that's when I start getting more free points. I mean, yeah.

Q. A few years ago you were playing with some Italian players like Giacomo Miccini. Sometimes you were losing; sometimes you were winning. Do you ever think, I'm lucky, I made it and the others didn't? Is it just a matter of luck, of strength? What are the reasons why someone is capable to do it and someone is not? It's just talent or something else?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, I mean, I remember playing against that player, and we were pretty similar in games. He beat me once; I beat him a few times.

But you don't really know until you get to the age of 18, 19, 20, where you are. If you're in 250, 300 at age 20, you know, obviously that's not a good sign. But if you're doing well I think at a young age, which I think I did in the junior career, you start getting a lot of confidence.

But it's a lot different coming to play on the ATP Tour. That's what I found out the first year. I was losing a lot of matches.

Q. Where do you go?

BERNARD TOMIC: My first tournament is Washington. I think I have the ranking now to get in the main draw for all the tournaments.

Q. What has your Wimbledon experience taught you about yourself?

BERNARD TOMIC: A lot. I mean, it's just shown me, you know, what player I am, how I can compare and play against these players. You know, it's shown me what I'm capable of doing in the future, I think.

Q. You've seen everyone close up. Who is your tip to win the tournament now?

BERNARD TOMIC: Uhm, look, I think having Roger lost, I think Novak's got a good chance of getting to the final. But Tsonga is playing good tennis. I think Nadal's winning. If it comes to a Nadal/Djokovic final, I think Novak has more wins this year over Rafa.

But Andy's playing good, so he can also do well.

Q. Any chance you'll hit with Novak before his semi?

BERNARD TOMIC: I'm flying to Monte Carlo. I'll be back on Friday. I'd love to warm him up before the semis or the finals if he wins.

Q. Why are you going to Monte Carlo?

BERNARD TOMIC: I have a few things I have to do there (laughter).

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 90238.html

#98 02-07-2011 01:25:56

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Introducing Bernard Tomic

Australian teenager Bernard Tomic isn’t exactly new to the tennis world. The youngster has long made headlines in the Australian press. When he was a kid, there was a lot of talk about his potential as the future of Australian tennis. But as he got older, stories turned to his on-court behavior, which included an arsenal of infractions for various offenses and even once a short ban for refusing to play a match after a dispute at the Sorrento Challenger.

Now, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t find the story surrounding the ban just the tiniest bit amusing. How could I not? Without getting into the gory details, Tomic was ordered off-court by his father after the elder Tomic got into a heated argument with officials over some alleged un-penalized foot faults "perpetrated" by opponent Marinko Matosevic. In the middle of the match. It had all the makings of a seedy daytime drama. Alas, Tennis Australia was not as amused as I was.

Be that as it may, I think it’s about time Tomic made headlines for something positive. That young man can play tennis. And in the world of ATP tennis, where many players think that the only way to win is to hit the ball as hard as they can, Tomic’s crafty game is refreshing and offers a fascinating contrast to the likes of Juan Martin Del Potro and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (not that there is anything wrong with DelPo or Tsonga).

Having only seen Tomic play a total of about 5 times, I’m not qualified to offer a full discourse on the ins and outs of his game. But what I’ve seen is enough to tell me that there is some strategy behind his seemingly slow ground strokes. Brilliant strategy even. With most of the men’s game dedicated to blasting away from the baseline, Tomic has taken the opposite approach.

At first glance, he looks as though he’s incapable of hitting the ball hard. It comes off his racket and seems to float lazily to his opponent’s side of the court. Except strangely it always seems to land deep. The brilliance, of course, is that those big hitters are then forced to generate ALL of their own pace. One only need watch Tomic’s match against Novak Djokovic in the Wimbledon quarters to see what I mean.

Djokovic was forced to take much bigger swipes at the ball to get anywhere near the kind of power he’s used to generating. And to Djokovic’s frustration, Tomic proved perfectly capable of hitting big...he just refused to do so unless he was poised to hit a clean winner. The Serb ended up winning in 4, but not before he got a taste of Tomic’s brand of opportunistic, strategic tennis designed to make his opponent play badly. Nole will surely take the win, but you can bet he was miserable doing it. And tired.

Tomic has potential coming out of his ears. Watch for him to make some real noise in the ATP.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/blog/Chery … nard_Tomic

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#99 02-07-2011 01:51:58

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Bernard Tomic: 'Myślę, że stać mnie na wygranie Szlema w ciągu najbliższych 2 lat'.

Bernard Tomic wants to win Slam

WIMBLEDON, England -- Bernard Tomic has never been short of confidence. And his performance at Wimbledon showed why.

In January, the teen told an Australian newspaper that he was sure he would be the world's top-ranked player one day. At that point, he was 17 and had won one tour-level match.

At 18, he is a Wimbledon quarterfinalist and after losing 6-2, 3-6, 6-3, 7-5 to second-seeded Novak Djokovic, he said his next step is to win a Grand Slam title.

"I definitely think I have the game ... to win a major in the next hopefully two years," Tomic said.

Tomic gave Djokovic a scare on Wednesday. The No. 158-ranked Australian, a regular hitting partner of the Serb, hooked a spectacular forehand winner onto the baseline to level the match at one set all.

He led by a break at 3-1 in the third set but faltered for the first time when he dropped serve in the sixth game and Djokovic reeled off seven games in a row to take the set and a 2-0 lead in the fourth.

"I had my chances," Tomic said. "If I was a little smarter, I probably would have done the opposite of what I did. I was just a little bit relaxed. Obviously when I relax I played better.

"It was a bad idea. I wasn't at the same focus level as I was to win the second set," he said.

Tomic threatened another revival when he leveled the fourth set at 2-2. Djokovic showed his relief at breaking again at 5-5 when he turned to the crowd and let out a huge roar.

"I can't say I played great, but I think you have to give him credit," Djokovic said. "He was playing some really great shots, great rallies. He was making me work very hard."

Tomic, who was the youngest player in the draw at Wimbledon after coming through qualifying, is set to improve his ranking from No. 158 to around No. 72, replacing Lleyton Hewitt as the Australian No. 1.

His run at Wimbledon has given him much grander ambitions. Only Boris Becker, John McEnroe and Bjorn Borg have reached the quarterfinals here at a younger age.

"It's something that you really think about and makes you wonder what can you be in life and how many tournaments and Grand Slams you can win," Tomic said. "But to be mentioned amongst those people and those greats is truly good."

Tomic is still coached by his father, John, but Goran Ivanisevic's former coach Mario Tudor and fitness trainer Josko Silic are now part of his team.

Ivanisevic and Australia's Davis Cup captain Pat Rafter sat next to each other on Court 1 to watch Tomic in action. Tomic said Ivanisevic told him: "Look, if you don't win it this time, you'll win it one day."

Djokovic, who said after Tomic's first-round win over Nikolay Davydenko that the Australian could be the surprise of the tournament, congratulated Tomic at the net as they shook hands. He then joined with the rest of Court 1 in applauding the teen's performance.

"I'm sure if he continues this way," Djokovic said. "He's going to be a top player very soon."

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis … id=6716891

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#100 02-07-2011 02:00:13

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Byłe gwiazdy o Tomiciu:

Goran Ivanisević:

"Of course Bernard can win a grand slam," Ivanisevic said.
"It depends on him but I think he's gonna be top 10. I will be very shocked if he doesn't make top 10.
"After that, it depends on him. He can do whatever he wants if he works hard. He has a good team around him, he's done a great job and this is an unbelievable thing for Australia after Lleyton Hewitt.
"I think he should be proud of himself for this performance against Djokovic. He's going to improve by playing matches like this.
"This match shows he can play with the top guys. He was 3-1 up in the third, then he went somewhere for 5-6 games. Then he came back.
"If he won the fourth set, everything is open."

Jewgienij Kafielnikow:

Russian Kafelnikov says Tomic has all the elements to succeed, including tactical intelligence and physical strength. "The kid is physically very strong, which is a huge criteria in these days if you want to play at a high level," Kafelnikov said.
"He's got good technique, good understanding of how to play.
"If he stays on the right course I'm sure, if he's got the proper mindset and proper people around him, he'll do OK. He'll make top 30 without a question. He's a big kid with a great physical ability.
"He can set the target even higher. Top 20, top 10, easily."

Cedric Pioline:

"He's already a very good player, even if I think Djokovic is a little bit tired with all the matches he's played since the beginning of the year," Pioline said.
"But still, the way he played, he was really calm. He had a really good strategy, good shots and waiting for the right ball to try to make a shot on.

Źródło: telegraph.co.uk

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

Stopka forum

RSS