mtenis.pun.pl - forum fanów tenisa ATP

Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#21 27-05-2010 11:57:10

Serenity

User

Re: John Isner

Isner hopes to spark US clay momentum

John Isner is convinced that he and best mate Sam Querrey can spark a resurgence of the US on clay.

The pair showed that they at least have the basics down when they contested the recent Belgrade final, won by Querrey.

"People definitely know that both myself and Sam can play on this surface," said Isner, who reached the second round with ease. "Of all the Americans we've played the most on it.

"We decided to come over here for the long haul, this is our fifth week. I think it's gonna pay dividends at this tournament."

The situation on clay is improving after the debacles of recent seasons in Paris, usually a graveyard for American dreams.

The event is the least successful major for the US men, with the nation winning just four Paris titles compared to 19 at the US Open, 15 at Wimbledon and 14 at the Australian Open.

In 2009, only one American man reached the second round out of the nine who started in the draw. In 2007, none of the US men won a first-round match.

http://tennistalk.com/en/news/20100524/ … y_momentum

#22 24-06-2010 22:18:02

Art

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Konferencja po meczu I r. Wimbledonu 2010:

Q. What kind of a night did you spend last night? Could you sleep? Nightmares? Or what?

JOHN ISNER: I honestly, when I left the match, I really thought it was a dream. I didn't think that type of match was possible. So I was really expecting to wake up, in all seriousness.

No, I went back. I didn't sleep great. I only slept for four hours. I talked to Nic. He said he only slept for about three. So we're both kind of running on fumes right now.

Q. The match had its own internal logic or rhythm. Sometimes it was a little crazy or surreal. Did you feel almost a different kind of space out there? Can you talk about your feelings as the match went on and on and on yesterday?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, I mean, yesterday I didn't know what I was thinking out there, especially once the match got past, you know, 25 All. I wasn't really thinking. I was just hitting a serve and trying to hit a forehand winner is the only thing I was doing. Fortunately that was going in on my service games. He was serving great and hopping around, you know, eight hours into the match, which was remarkable.

But going out there today, I knew I had a feeling it wasn't going to be anything like it was yesterday, although it did take, you know, 10 or so service games to finally get a break. I had a feeling it was going to be like that. It wasn't going to last any more than 20, one way or the other.

Q. You were throwing up your hands as if to say, What can I do?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, trying to guess on a serve. I served exceptional, obviously. And he was really kind of matching me, as well. I know he served a lot of aces. And times when I did guess right. Even if I do guess right, if he hits the line, still nothing I can do. When I get back, he's on top of the net to put the ball away. It was tough.

I told myself to try not to guess so much, really just hope he misses his spot, and then that will give me a better look at the ball.

Q. Why do you think this match took so long?

JOHN ISNER: I can't explain that. Obviously both players were serving we both served really well. That's the main thing. But even in that case, you can't even imagine it going past 20 All.
I don't know. I guess it was just meant to be or whatever. You know, I mean, in a way I'm kind of glad it happened, although I am pretty tired. It's pretty nice to be a part of that match.

Q. Was there any point you were thinking, God, I wish they played a fifth set breaker here?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, without a doubt. 20 All yesterday I was thinking that.

Q. If I'm right, this match, from the second set when there was a service break, went 167 straight games without a service break. It's unbelievable, including all the other stats, two guys without a service break.

JOHN ISNER: Yeah. Well, I mean, really the nature of the way we both play, we both serve really well and kind of try to take chances on return games. So you combine that, the fact that we both served in this match exceptionally well, uh, and that it's grass, you know, you'll see long stretches of play without a break. But nothing like a hundred and whatever the number was.

Q. Should they play a breaker here in the fifth set?

JOHN ISNER: I don't think so. Nothing like this, it won't happen again. Not even come close, so...

I think just keep it the same.

Q. Now that it's over, how does it feel to be part of tennis and sporting history?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, uh, it's great. I guess something Nic and I will share forever really. I don't think I've ever said five words to the guy prior to our match. Not that he's a bad guy. It is what it is. Now when I do see him in the locker room at other tournaments, we'll always be able to share that.

You know, like I said, I'm kind of glad it happened. Had I won in straight sets, I might be playing right now in my second round match.

Q. For tennis players, two of their biggest concerns are fitness and mental strength. Do you think you can be pretty confident in both departments after that match?

JOHN ISNER: Yes, I think so. I think especially mentally. Physically I have put in the work at Saddlebrook where I practice in Tampa, you know, with my trainers there.

You know, I put in the long hours. Prior to coming to Wimbledon, I didn't play in Eastbourne because I didn't feel fit. I had the long clay court season. So I stayed an extra eight days in Tampa where it was a hundred degrees and a hundred percent humidity. I got in pretty good shape.

My coach actually, believe it or not, said jokingly before the tournament started that I'll be able to play 10 hours. That's the truth. After practicing at Saddlebrook in Tampa in that heat, he was right.

Q. Do you think the quality of the play will be remembered or do you think the match will be remembered just for its length? How do you think the quality was from start to finish?

JOHN ISNER: Uh, I think the quality was pretty good. I mean, you know, we both obviously just didn't want to lose our serves. If you do, that's the match.

You know, towards the end, I want to say the last three hours of yesterday's, whatever you can call it, we were both just hitting winners at will. I mean, I was so tired out there. Couldn't focus. Didn't know what I was going through. But I was slapping my forehand as hard as I could, and it kept on going in. The same goes for him.

But I think it will probably be remembered for the distance.

Q. Have you played him in a match before?

JOHN ISNER: He beat me in Queen's two years ago.

Q. Had you done much research before this game?

JOHN ISNER: I kind of knew what to expect from him.

Q. Have you had responses from other players?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah. I mean, the guys that are in the locker room, pretty much every one of them came up to me and patted me on the back or shook my hand or whatnot.

Q. How out of sorts were you by the end last night?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, I was completely delirious. I mean, you know, I wanted to keep on playing yesterday, which I don't know why, because he was the fresher one. But, you know, I said even though it was dark and no one could see, I wanted a final verdict, win or lose. I didn't want to have to sleep on it. But it wasn't to be.

When I got in the locker room, sat down, just didn't know what to think.

Q. Talk us through what your post match routine was. What was the first thing you did? Ice bath? Eat?

JOHN ISNER: I drank a recovery shake just to get some carbs in me right away. My coach came to the locker room with a plate of pasta and a plate of a bunch of stuff, meat, and I don't know what it was.
But I couldn't eat that right away. A lot of times after a tennis match, you're not hungry right away. Takes like 30, 45 minutes. Yeah, then I took an ice bath, iced my arm down. Then I ate as much as possible.

Then actually Andy Roddick left the site and came back with takeout food for myself and my coach, believe it or not.

Q. What time did you actually go to bed?

JOHN ISNER: Probably like 12:30. And I woke up, you know, when the sun's coming up at 4:00. Never seen that before (smiling).

Q. Do you think you can keep winning? Do you think you can win another match in the tournament?

JOHN ISNER: Yes, I do.

Q. How far do you think you can go?

JOHN ISNER: I don't know about that. I'm just taking it one match at a time.

But, uh, I'm going to do everything necessary to get myself, you know, ready for tomorrow. I know my opponent, he's not the freshest one either. Not nearly like me. But I think I can I definitely think I can win.

Q. Is there something that keeps you patient and mentally fastened on what's going on, some sort of magic word?

JOHN ISNER: No. I don't know. A lot of times in situations like that, I always find myself very, very calm and controlled.

I think I learned that in my time in college, playing a lot of, you know, pressure filled matches. Obviously it's not the magnitude that this is.

That's something that Coach Diaz at Georgia was really good at, was able to really make me a lot mentally stronger. That's one of the reasons, you know, I'm here today, what I'm doing right now.

Q. In the finish, was it the will to win or fear of failure that got you across the line?

JOHN ISNER: Oh, that's a good question. I think it was more so the will to win. Obviously in the back of my mind is, as I'm sure it was with him, I don't want to be on the losing side of this. It's going to be a little bit better to be on the winning side.

But I think it was the will to win. Not that I outwilled him. I mean, obviously he gave it his all. I just kind of was a little bit more fortunate than he was.

Q. He did look devastated. Could you imagine what it would be like?

JOHN ISNER: No, I can't. I don't even want to think about that.

Q. Do you see yourself reviewing this match one day at home again?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, maybe if my roommate DVR'd it back home, I might have it. I don't know. We'll see.

Q. Can you take us through that last game, the shot you hit? Do you remember the winning shot?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah.

Q. Does it stick in your mind?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah. I mean, I had a look. He faltered with that missed dropshot. I was way behind the baseline. He tried to make it too good.

Obviously he didn't even make it that good. Actually slipped. Anywhere on the court, I wasn't getting to the ball. So that was fortunate.

Then I remember at 30 All I hit a great winner up the line. So at 30 40, you know, in situations like that, when you have a match point returning, you tend to get, you know, a little tight. That's just natural. I told myself just to go for it. I don't want to lose that point playing the wrong way.

If I go for my shot and miss a return, then that's fine. But on that one, I just said not to guess and really just hope he doesn't hit his spot. Fortunately for me, he didn't. I was able to put a good hit on the ball.

Q. Did you feel that serving ahead was much of an advantage in the match? Was there ever a point yesterday when you felt like you might have to retire out of exhaustion?

JOHN ISNER: Well, yeah, I said before the match, before the fifth set started, that serving ahead was going to be a big advantage. But obviously it wasn't, really. I mean, he held 63 times, you know, where he had to hold or else the match was over.

I thought it was going to be a bigger advantage than it was. I don't think that was one of the reasons that I won.

Q. Do you have any enthusiasm at all for playing men's doubles now?

JOHN ISNER: We're still in the draw right now.

Q. When do you expect to play?

JOHN ISNER: We won't play today; I know that. My partner is playing right now, with the daylight and that.

Q. What was the dialogue you had during the fifth set or with the umpire? Was there any interesting dialogue you had about a time to come off or time to end it?

JOHN ISNER: Are you talking about yesterday?

Q. Yes.

JOHN ISNER: Yes. Once it got past I think we stopped at quarter after or five after. It was getting dark. You know, he said he was having trouble seeing the ball, and so was I. Rightfully so.

So, you know, we really only had about maybe five minutes of decent daylight left. So it was the right choice to call it.

Q. Can you estimate roughly how many bananas you ate and how many bottles of water you got through over the three days? We like our statistics in the British press.

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, I'm going to say well, I think I only had about three bananas. But I had about 12 bars. Probably 30 to 40 things of water like that.

Q. Bars of what?

JOHN ISNER: Like Clif bars. It's like an energy bar.

Q. How many times did you change your shirt?

JOHN ISNER: It's not as humid here as it is in most tournaments. So I think I only changed my shirt like two or three times yesterday, believe it or not. And the one today was the same one I started the match with.

Q. What did you say when you walked off for the bathroom break, and what did you say after the match?

JOHN ISNER: I apologized because I really had to go. I didn't want to stop because none of us were taking any breaks. I'm sure both of us could have used a trainer at some point in that fifth set. Neither one of my pinky toes has any skin on 'em. I could have used some sort of taping there. I'm sure he could have used something as well.

I didn't want to disrupt the flow, but I couldn't hold it anymore.

Q. Was there any specific Manny isms that came to your mind from college at any point in that match?

JOHN ISNER: No, nothing specific. I think it's just the way that he was able to get to me when I was on court. You know, having him on the court with me. I mean, he said so much great stuff to me. It wasn't anything in particular that stuck out.

Q. What do you think this will mean to your future both on and off the court?

JOHN ISNER: You know, I think what it shows is that a lot of times, two years ago, the knock on me was that I wasn't that fit. And rightfully so. But I think I've gotten better in that department and I can still get better.

You know, I know what it takes now to be at the top of this game, you know, fitness wise. So it's just a matter of me going out there on the practice court and in the gym doing what it takes.

Q. We saw your mom was on court today with tears at the end. Have you spoken to her? What did she say?

JOHN ISNER: I haven't spoken to her yet.

Q. She was crying her eyes out.

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, she's a mom (smiling).

Q. How do you feel about this match potentially defining your career? Do you hope that some of the strength and character you've shown means you can go on and win a slam at some stage?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah. I mean, this one's obviously going to stick with me probably the rest of my life really. But I hope it doesn't define my career. I think I have what it takes, you know, to do some really big things in this game.

You know, obviously the four biggest tournaments of the year are the Grand Slams. I have probably a good seven, eight years left to try to make a good run at 'em.

So hopefully, you know, this won't be the thing that I'm most remembered about.

Q. Can you believe how far you've come since college to this point?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, I've come a long, long way. I mean, I didn't think about going pro until my junior year in college. So I was 21. I mean, I started obviously out late playing pro at 22. This is exactly my third full year from right now that I've been playing. So, you know, I didn't know what to expect.

If I told myself if I ever got to the top 100 at any point in my career, that would be an accomplishment. But now I'm top 20, and I can go further and get higher than that.

Q. How did you feel when you woke up this morning physically? What did you do to prepare for this afternoon's match? Did you weigh yourself today and whether you lost any weight?

JOHN ISNER: I actually haven't weighed. I told myself I wanted to do that. When I go back to the locker room, I will.

But I'm one of the heaviest guys actually, I am the heaviest guy on the tour. I have a little bit of excess in the stomach area (smiling). I knew that was going to come in handy one day. It was kind of the reserve tank.

It's not that I eat unhealthy. I work hard. I just can't get rid of it.

Q. Is it still there?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah. It went down a little bit, I think (smiling).

Q. You said this was like a dream. In some ways, is this even better than a dream? And what did Andy get you for takeout?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah. I mean, I think it really is better than a dream because you can't even dream of something like this. I mean, you can dream of winning a match 22 20, maybe 34 32, but not 70 68.

Yeah, I guess in that regard it's a little bit better.

Andy just brought me all sorts of stuff. It was for my coach and my trainer. There was three boxes of pizza, all sorts of chicken and mashed potatoes, anything. I would have eaten 12 BicMacs.

Q. After shedding so much weight in the last 24 hours, do you think you would make a good face of Weight Watchers in America?

JOHN ISNER: I guess. It's not like I'm a heifer or anything (laughter). Maybe.

Q. Did you lose track of the score at points or even stop caring what the score was, because what mattered was winning that one game to put you over the hump?

JOHN ISNER: Yesterday, like I said after a certain point, maybe 25 All, I lost track of it. I was just going there, holding serve, walking to the bench deliriously, getting up and not breaking, holding. Did that for seven hours really.

Yeah, I forgot about the score.

Q. Do you know how many aces you hit?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, I do.

Q. What are your plans to celebrate this win tonight? How are you going to spend the evening?

JOHN ISNER: I'll probably just get takeout food and get a massage and try to sleep as much as possible, because I've got to come back tomorrow and try to get it done.

Q. When did you become aware of the huge interest in the match, the fact it was on the big screen, prime time TV? What did you think of the fact that you were one of the two most famous tennis players in the world yesterday?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, not often do I steal the show from a guy like Federer, but I think I did yesterday.

I knew it was probably a big deal around the tennis world, because this is Wimbledon. So anybody that follows tennis, all eyes are on this tournament. It was when I got back to the locker room that I realized, you know, how big of a story it was really worldwide.

Q. Are you for the tiebreaker in the fifth set?

JOHN ISNER: At Wimbledon?

Q. Yes.

JOHN ISNER: No. I think you should play it out.

Q. How many racquets did you get through?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, you know, I usually get about seven racquets strung a match. Sometimes I'll switch every ball change. Sometimes I'll switch every two ball changes. At one point yesterday, I didn't have that luxury. All my racquets were used.

I was playing with some. When it felt a little loose, I'd pick up another one. I did that about four or five times.

Q. You weren't able to get someone to get them restrung for you?

JOHN ISNER: It wasn't necessary. That wasn't going to matter either way. I was playing with weed whacker string.

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/int … 40789.html

#23 26-06-2010 00:53:35

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

1 runda Wimbledonu: 112 asów Isnera.

John Isner wygrał najdłuższy mecz w historii tenisa. W 1 rundzie Wimbledonu 2010 pokonał Nicolasa Mahuta 70-68 w 5 secie! Amerykanin zaserwował w całym spotkaniu aż 112 asów, co jest nowym rekordem.

W kolejnej rundzie wycieńczony Amerykanin nie sprostał Thiemo de Bakkerowi:

Wimbledon: zwycięzca rekordowego meczu nie dał rady

John Isner, bohater najdłuższego meczu w dziejach tenisa, najwyraźniej był bardzo zmęczony po historycznym już pojedynku. Amerykanin, rozstawiony z numerem 23., odpadł w III rundzie wielkoszlemowego turnieju rozgrywanego na trawiastych kortach Wimbledonu.

Isner przegrał walkę o 1/8 finału z Holendrem Thiemo de Bakkerem 0:6, 3:6, 2:6.

http://sport.onet.pl/tenis/wimbledon-zw … omosc.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#24 26-06-2010 13:33:15

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2010 - wywiad po porażce w 2 rundzie

Q. How much real sleep did you manage to get last night? How did you feel mentally and physically when you walked on the court today?

JOHN ISNER: I slept fine actually. I was just so exhausted that, you know, I knew sleep wasn't going to be an issue. I feel like I got to bed by 11:30 and slept till 8:00 or something. So sleep was not an issue.

But mentally and physically, I was obviously a bit drained. You know, I just didn't have much in the way of my legs. I was just low on fuel out there really. Didn't really have a chance.

Q. Didn't really have a chance, did you say?

Q. You said on Thursday that you'd rather die than quit. Did that thought ever cross your mind during those three sets today?

JOHN ISNER: No. It was brutal. I mean, things were looking pretty bleak right from the get‑go. But, you know, credit to my opponent, you know, he still had to play well. He stayed in it and was obviously a lot better player today.

Q. Were you getting advice to quit? What was in the box they gave you at the end of the match the other day?

JOHN ISNER: No, no advice to quit. I mean, I wasn't gonna quit anyway. It wasn't like I was dying out there. I was just tired, you know.

And the box was just a nice trophy‑type thing.

Q. Did you know when you woke up today that you just didn't have the energy to go out there and play?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah. Actually, I mean, I thought I might be all right. But I also have this pretty gnarly blister on my left toe. That was bothering me, too.

Sometimes with a blister you can work through it. Once you play, adrenaline will take over. But that wasn't the case today.

Q. Were you at any stage jealous of an opponent whose final set in his previous round was only 16‑14 rather than 70‑68?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, I was. And yesterday he didn't play at all. So, yeah, a bit jealous of him. I'd still rather be in his position, be in the third round. It stinks to lose in the second round.

Q. Obviously this will be a few days that will forever change your life. What do you think you'll learn from this experience on the court and off the court?

JOHN ISNER: I guess it showed how good of a competitor I am. Same goes for Nicolas. The way we both competed out there was pretty stellar. I always felt like I was a good competitor, and I think yesterday and the day before just showed that.

Off the court, I don't know. I mean, I don't know how my life's gonna change. I don't know if it is. Yeah, it's something that is going to stick with me for a long time, and rightfully so.

Q. In college tennis, did you ever have a case of exhaustion like you had today?

JOHN ISNER: No. I mean, I've never been, you know, this exhausted before.

Q. Are you going to take a little bit of a break now?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, well, right now my next tournament is Atlanta. I do have a nice break. I mean, I'm going to have to stay off my feet as much as possible for a while to let these blisters heal.

Then I'll work out the schedule where, you know, I'm hitting the practice courts and hitting the gym before Atlanta so I'm feeling good going into that tournament.

Q. Looking into the future, do you think you can make a real run at Wimbledon? Are you excited about coming back here and hopefully going a little further?

JOHN ISNER: Yes, I think I can. Hopefully next year I can also play a tune‑up event before this tournament. This year, it wasn't the case. But I think I do have the game to do very well here. It's just a matter of me making a couple of adjustments in my game.

You know, I have the right coach, you know, to shed that light on that part of my game.

Q. You didn't hit any aces today. Has that ever happened before?

JOHN ISNER: I didn't know that.

I don't know. Probably not, yeah.

Q. What do you make of Nicolas Mahut? He had to go out and play doubles yesterday on Court 18. It got suspended for bad light. Is that just cruel?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, I thought that was just evil, really. I don't know how he made it out there. He was still hopping around. Looked pretty fresh. That guy is the Energizer Bunny, that's for sure. That must have been brutal for him.

But kudos to him for him going out there and gutting it out. I guess he has to finish off his match today.

Q. Did you think it was evil to put you first on?

JOHN ISNER: I don't know if it would have made a difference, first on or fourth on.

Q. Have you given up the doubles now?

JOHN ISNER: Yes.

Q. You have?

JOHN ISNER: Uh‑huh.

Q. How is your shoulder?

JOHN ISNER: Shoulder, there's not really much pain. It doesn't like ‑‑ nothing like that. It's just kind of dead. You know, not much pop, I guess.

Q. Was it the toe injury or the fatigue that forced your withdraw from the doubles?

JOHN ISNER: Probably both, yup. It was all on my end pulling out. Had nothing to do with Sam.

Q. John, what is on agenda next week for some R&R? What sort of things will you be doing or not doing?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, I'm not sure. Obviously, I'm going to get back. First I'm going to go home to Tampa, Florida. I really don't know what my plan is.

I'm not going to be practicing for at least four or five days. So I don't know if I'm going to stay there, go somewhere, visit friends, go home to North Carolina, whatever. That's still up in the air. I'll make that decision probably the next 24 hours.

Q. But what is your idea of relaxation? What sort of things do you like to do?

JOHN ISNER: Really just anything but tennis. I'll watch sports. I'll take in the World Cup. I'll go fishing. I'll do whatever. Just anything away from the tennis court.

Q. You spent a lot of years in Georgia. The tour is coming back to Atlanta. Atlanta has had problems over the year with pro tennis. What are your thoughts about Atlanta getting the tournament this year?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, I was thrilled when they got the tournament. For a time there, it looked like they might not get it, but eventually they did.

It's really one of the biggest tennis towns in the country. They have more USTA members I think than any other city in America. So I know the tournament is going to be well‑supported. It's a great group of players.

I'm very much looking forward to that tournament and probably plan on playing that for a long time.

Q. Can you give us an idea or flavor of the kind of commercial interest that you've been having over the last couple of days? Any kind of deals that stick out? Is there anything commercially that you fancy doing with what's happened over the last couple of days?

JOHN ISNER: Oh, yeah, I don't know anything about that at all. I mean, I finished so late yesterday. Was just trying to get ready for my match today. So I haven't heard anything of that nature.

Q. Which foot?

JOHN ISNER: The left.

Q. Big toe?

JOHN ISNER: No, the small one.

Q. What is your shoe size?

JOHN ISNER: 15 (smiling).

Q. You can fly from London to L.A. in 11 hours. Can you promise passengers that never again will they be able to get on a flight in Los Angeles and catch the back end of your game when they land in London?

JOHN ISNER: I can promise that with a hundred percent certainty. Just to think that somebody could have boarded in L.A., had our match started, say, in the morning or something, they could have landed, drove to Wimbledon, the match would still be going, that's pretty crazy to think about.

Q. Do you know how much weight you lost during your first‑round match?

JOHN ISNER: No, I don't know right now.

Q. Could you tell us when you actually got out onto the court the various things that were troubling you physically? At what point was it that you thought, This is over, this isn't going to happen?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, uhm, you know, when I got out there, when I started warming up ‑‑ I actually didn't even warm up for my match today. I was in the training room trying to get ready and getting my feet taped up, getting my shoulders loosened.

But when I went out there and hit that first serve and it didn't have much behind it, I knew I was in for some trouble. You know, on top of that, I'm playing a really good player who's on top of his game. So, you know, bundle those up together, it wasn't a recipe for success.

Q. Physically, what were the things that were really troubling you out there? I know the toe, but what else?

JOHN ISNER: My neck was a little stiff. So like on the serve, I couldn't really, you know, look up as much as possible and turn like I wanted to on my forehand side.

Q. Do you think you'll have an everlasting bond with Mahut from now on?

Q. He'll be one of the special guys on the tour whenever you see him?

JOHN ISNER: Probably so. We weren't great friends before that match. But obviously we have so much respect for each other after playing that, you know, I'm sure we'll eventually sit down and laugh about it.

Q. Years from now when you talk about the 2010 Wimbledon, what's the word, the phrase that will come to mind?

JOHN ISNER: Just nonstop, I would say.

Q. Is it true that you drink a lot of coconut water? Do you feel that was one of your secret weapons the last couple days?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, I actually do. I've been drinking that for a while now, a company called ‑‑ it's called Vita Coco. It helps rehydrate me really well. Years past I'd have issues with cramping. But ever since I've started drinking that the night before, the day of my match, I've nipped that problem in the bud.

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/int … 47335.html

#25 26-06-2010 14:12:00

Serenity

User

Isner po maratonie: Trochę się zmęczyłem

Jedyne w swoim rodzaju spotkanie pierwszej rundy Wimbledonu miało dwóch bohaterów, ale tylko jednego zwycięzcę. - Trochę się zmęczyłem - powiedział pół żartem, pół serio John Isner, który po 11 godzinach 5 minutach wygrał 6:4, 3:6, 6:7 (7-9), 7:6 (7-3), 70:68.

Epicki mecz na bocznym korcie numer 18 trwał trzy dni. Dwa razy było przerywane z powodu zapadających ciemności.

- Kiedy grasz w takim meczu z taką atmosferą nie odczuwa się zmęczenia - tłumaczył nadludzką wytrzymałość obu tenisistów John Isner. Sam ostatni set trwał 8 godzin 11 minut i wystarczył do wyśrubowania nowego rekordu najdłuższego meczu, który od 1987 roku wynosił 6 godzin 39 minut.

Nicolas Mahut skapitulował dopiero przy piątym meczbolu. - Jest niewiarygodnym wojownikiem. Dzielić z nim ten dzień to dla mnie wielki honor - mówił Amerykanin.

W podobnym tonie wypowiadał się Francuz. - Grać dzisiaj to było coś wspaniałego. Publiczność przez te trzy dni była fantastyczna. John zasłużył na to zwycięstwo. Serwował nieprawdopodobnie - komplementował rywala Nicolas Mahut.

Znany deblista Mahesh Bhupathi stwierdził, że z waleczności Mahuta przykład powinni brać francuscy piłkarze, którzy zaliczyli kompromitujący występ na mistrzostwach świata w RPA.

Tylko w piątym secie obaj rozegrali 138 gemów. Może to znak, że należy też wprowadzić tie-breaka w ostatnim secie? - Nie wydaje mi się. Do czegoś takiego już nigdy nie dojdzie. Nikt się nawet nie zbliży to tego wyniku. Powinno zostać, jak jest - stwierdził John Isner.

- Życzę Nicolasowi wszystkiego dobrego. Chętnie się z nim spotkam wszędzie, byle tylko nie skończyło się na 70:68 - żartował Amerykanin.

http://www.eurosport.pl/tenis/wimbledon … tory.shtml

#26 26-06-2010 14:14:57

Serenity

User

Exhausted Isner put out of his misery

It seems waiting for John Isner to drop serve is a bit like waiting for a London bus. You hang around for three days, and then four come along at once. Less than 24 hours after the conclusion of his record-breaking three-day epic with Frenchman Nicolas Mahut, the American was back on court for his second round match with Dutchman Theimo De Bakker and it all came far too soon for the 6ft 9in American.

The 112 aces that had flashed past Mahut were nowhere to be seen as the 23rd seed came crashing back to earth with an almighty bump. He dropped his first four service games of the match, didn't trouble the scoreboard until game nine and quickly slumped to a horribly one-sided 6-0, 6-3, 6-2 defeat in a super-fast one hour and 14 minutes. Having featured in the longest match of all time, ironically, his next was one of the shortest of the tournament.

"I've never been this exhausted before," said Isner, who after his singles defeat immediately withdrew from the doubles event with fatigue and a severely blistered little toe. "I just didn't have much in the way of my legs. I was just low on fuel out there really. Didn't really have much of a chance. It was brutal… things were looking pretty bleak from the get-go."

Of course, it was to be expected. How could a human body compete at the highest level for 11 hours and five minutes and return the next morning to reproduce the same form? But with De Bakker and Isner a round behind their peers in the bottom half of the men's singles draw there was more tennis to be played.

With Court 5 heaving under the strain of the army of brand new Isner fans, the unthinkable happened in the very first game. After poor old Mahut had spent three days giving everything he had just to find a way of breaking the world No.19 (and managing it just once), De Bakker made it look ridiculously easy.

With Isner suffering from sore toes, a stiff neck and shoulder and simply with very little left to give, his serve lacked any kind of pace and consistency. His Dutch opponent, a former boys' singles champion in 2006, took advantage, racing through the opener in just 16 minutes. Isner failed to hit a single ace during the entire match, and won just five points on his own delivery in the first set.

As the contest wore on it was clear there would be no miraculous comeback staged by Isner. With the American running on empty, world No.49 De Bakker filled his boots, breaking for a sixth and seventh time during the third set to quickly put the American out of his misery.

"I actually didn't even warm-up for my match today," Isner revealed. "When I went out there and hit the first serve and it didn't have much behind it I knew I was in for some trouble. My neck was a little stiff, so like on the serve I couldn't really look up as much as possible and turn like I wanted to on my forehand side."

As for the man on the other side of the net, De Bakker was full of sympathy for an opponent unable to put up any kind of a fight. "I mean, 70-68, it's pretty sick," he said of Big John's epic. "After my [first] match, I was pretty tired as well. But 16-14 is nothing anymore. I was lucky now that I had him in the second round."

So Day Five of the tournament and Isner's Wimbledon is over. What now? "Anything but tennis," he joked. "I'll watch sports, I'll take in the World Cup. I'll go fishing. I'll do whatever. Just anything away from the tennis court."

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/mat … oparticles

#27 26-06-2010 14:16:07

Serenity

User

Marathon man Isner reveals Roddick's pizza role

John Isner, winner of the longest match in tennis history, took some time during the second of his two overnight stopovers in his marathon match against Nicolas Mahut to persuade himself that the whole thing had all not been a dream. Asked what he had gone through overnight in the history-making match that eventually went in his favour after 11 hours on court, the American said: "When I left the court I really thought it was a dream. I was completely delirious. I didn't think that type of match was possible."

Of course, the situation was unprecedented. Many a match has been suspended overnight and Tim Henman could have advised Isner that Wimbledon matches have been known to go on for three days in the past, but that has always been because of rain, not because of two opponents slugging away for hour upon hour without giving an inch.

So what should you do in such a situation for which there is no guidance in any coaching manual. Isner revealed that his first move was to drink what he called "a recovery shake to get some carbs in me right away". He then took an ice bath as he explained - for those of us who've not spent a whole day bashing a tennis ball over the net without a break - that the hunger pangs had yet to kick in.

That is, until Andy Roddick who had already left the Wimbledon complex, did his bit for American tennis by arriving with some take-away food for Isner and his coaching team. Isner recalled: "There were three boxes of pizza, all sorts of chicken and mashed potatoes. I would have eaten 12 Big Macs." If ever a man needed a boost to get through the match of his life, then surely having a former Grand Slam winner and Wimbledon finalist acting as your pizza delivery boy must be one huge fillip.

After less than four hours' sleep, Isner had to prepare to finish things off today. Exhausted though he was, the American did not foresee another marathon session. "I knew it wasn't going to be anything like it was yesterday, although it did take 10 or so service games to finally get a break."

Isner admitted that in the later stages of day two of the three-day battle he had stopped thinking, and started playing from instinct: "I was just hitting a serve and trying to hit a forehand winner. I was so tired out there, couldn't focus, didn't know what I was going through. I just lost track of the score. After a certain point, maybe 25-all, I lost track of it, forgot about the score."

Despite the physical punishment both he and Mahut suffered, Isner was admant that such marathons should not be settled in future by a tiebreak. "Nothing like this will ever happen again," he said. "Not even come close, so I think thehy should just keep it the same, play it out."

Isner is a happy man to have become part of the sport's history. "It's something Nic and I will share for ever. I don't think I've ever said five words to the guy prior to our match. Now when I do see him at other tournaments, we'll always be able to share that. I'm glad it happened."

As to what it was that drove him across the finish line, Isner said he owed much to his fitness, which he had honed in Florida before coming to Wimbledon rather than playing any other grass tournaments. "I put in the long hours and my coach actually said jokingly before Wimbledon that I would be able to play 10 hours."

The other factor which helped him to win, he said, was the will to do so. "I thought, I don't want to be on the losing side of this. But it wasn't that I outwilled him. I was a little bit more fortunate than he was.. I don't even want to think about how [Mahut] felt."

Isner is well aware that he has come through a career-boosting moment. "This one's obviously going to stick with me the rest of my life. But I hope it doesn't define my career. I think I have what it takes to do some big things in the game.. So hopefully this won't be the thing that I'm most remembered about."

As for his immediate plans, Isner said he would get some more take-out food, with or without Roddick's assistance, have a massage and then try to catch up on some sleep. "Because I've got to come back tomorrow and try to get it done."

When Mahut faced the press late on Thursday evening he revealed that he too had endured a restless night waiting for the resumption of the match. "I didn't sleep so much," said the world No.148. "Like three hours or something. I had a massage. I took a cold bath. I just wanted to play today. I was just waiting for the match. This is a match I will never forget. I hope the people who watched the match will think the same.

"[John is] a champion. He served unbelievable. Every time I was that close to breaking him he just served aces, aces, bombs. I could not do anything. I tried very hard, but he was just too good."

As if he hadn't played enough tennis already Mahut finished Thursday with a set of doubles - you've guessed it, back on Court 18 - but revealed that, physically at least, he didn't feel too bad. "To be honest, I'm feeling great. Just want to come back on Court 18 and win this time."

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/art … oparticles

#28 29-06-2010 13:57:13

Lena

flower power

Ulubiony zawodnik: Marat Safin

Rekordzista i do tego z poczuciem humoru xDDDDDDD

"Graliśmy tak długo, iż zapomniałem, kim jestem."

Zwycięzca najdłuższego meczu tenisowego w historii, Amerykanin John Isner pojawił się w programie telewizyjnym "Late Show", prowadzonym przez Davida Lettermana. Przedstawił on listę dziesięciu myśli, które przeszły mu przez głowę podczas maratonu z Francuzem Nicolasem Mahutem.

Isner pokonał w I rundzie Wimbledonu Mahuta po ponad 11-godzinnym pojedynku, który był rozgrywany przez trzy dni.

Oto wybrane myśli Isnera:

- Graliśmy tak długo, że już zapomniałem, czy jestem Isnerem, czy Mahutem?
- Pamiętasz, kiedy powiedziałem, że jestem wykończony? To było osiem godzin temu!
- Zastanawiam się, czy będę jutro obolały.
- Jestem śpiący.
- Dlaczego nie zagrałem z Federerem? Byłoby po wszystkim w 15 minut.
- Szczerze powiedziawszy, to wszystko mi jedno, czy wygram, czy przegram – po prostu nie chcę umrzeć.
- Larry King był w małżeństwach, które nie trwały tak długo, jak ten mecz.

www.sport.onet.pl

No matter what happens in 2009, Marat Safin has already cemented himself
as one of the most exciting - if under performing - champions in recent memory.

s: Sydney, Cincinnati '09; d: AO, Londyn '09 - with Syd
s: Johannesburg, Los Angeles '10; d: AO, RG '10 - with Rob

#29 15-07-2010 08:24:17

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

2010 ESPY Winners

Best Record Breaking Performance: John Isner defeats Nicolas Mahut, Wimbledon

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#30 27-07-2010 11:33:54

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Isner tired of losing to his friends in finals

John Isner is hoping that his next final will be against a foreigner after losing his last three against his best friends in the game.

The Wimbledon marathon man was unable to hold onto his early lead as he went down in in the Atlanta final to Mardy Fish in three sets.

Isner said that he's now desperate to improve his record in title bids after losing three of his four this season. His only success came at the start of the year in Auckland when he beat Frenchman Arnaud Clement.

His other losses were closer to home - good mate Sam Querrey in Memphis and Belgrade and Fish at the weekend in the steamy South.

"I just hope the next time I can play someone else," said Isner. "It's tough to play a friend. You are never able to bring your A game.

"This is the third final this year that I could have won. it's disappointing - four finals this year and I've lost my last three. It stinks to lose a final."

Isner said that he cannot imagine tennis conditions anywhere in the world as hot as they were during his Atlanta week. "Conditions were brutal. The first hour of the (2;45 final) was the hottest, it took a lot out of both of us. I've never played in conditions this hot and humid. We were both just scrapping it out.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20100 … _in_finals

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#31 27-08-2010 11:56:18

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Making Up For Lost Time

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/F4B55A9C1D1B4156AB479C4A10DE2F0B.ashx

John Isner has begun to ramp up the intensity that was lacking in his University of Georgia days to build a well-rounded game that is reaping dividends this year.

Long before his Wimbledon epic, months before earning 15 minutes of fame for 665 minutes of toil, John Isner sat in the player's lounge of the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells, California, and owned up to a simple truth about himself. According to Isner, "In everything I've done I've always been a late bloomer."

In a sport where precocity often carries the day, Isner notes, "I didn't work very hard on my tennis in high school," carving out a junior career just good enough to earn a scholarship to the University of Georgia. As his game matured amid high-energy undergraduates and one of the most passionate tennis venues you'll ever see, Isner's deliberate nature was quite apparent, inspiring his fellow Bulldogs to nickname him "Grandpa." Even now on the ATP World Tour, his good friend, rival and doubles partner Sam Querrey concedes the two are quite similar, a pair of low-key dudes who will treat each other to dinner should they come up against each other in singles. But when it comes to matters of post-match stretching, while Querrey might occasionally dash off the court once the last ball is hit, Isner is as devout about his rituals as a monk bowing to a shrine.

"In 2008 I came to see that maybe I'd done a little too well too early."

Tennis Hall of Famer and two-time Grand Slam singles champion Stan Smith understands the 6'9" Isner's approach. A rangy 6'4" – quite tall during his emergence in the '60s and '70s – Smith grasps the mindset of the long and lanky. Says Smith, "The big guy is trying to build a well-rounded, versatile game. That takes longer to develop."

But do not confuse Isner's methodical manner with a lack of engagement. Over the last 18 months, he has ramped up the intensity of everything from his on-court practice sessions to off-court fitness regimen, a complete transformation that has turned Isner from a curiosity to a consummate professional.

Roddick, IsnerPensive as Isner can be, his career since college has gone at rapid speed. Just three years ago, having finished four years at Georgia – including pacing the team to the 2007 NCAA title – he was ranked 416 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings. Granted a wild card into the main draw of the Legg Mason Classic in Washington, D.C., Isner won five third-set tie-breaks to reach the final, where he lost to Andy Roddick. His ranking shot up to 138. A month later he went two rounds in the US Open where he took the opening set off Roger Federer before going down in four sets but earning praise from the great Swiss. Said Federer that afternoon in New York, "His potential seems good to me... he's going to be having a good career no doubt."

But then, invariably, Isner suffered a frustrating hiccup, a pause in his growth as he sought to adjust to everything from the rigors of competition to life as a traveling pro. Having soared from 843 at the end of '06 to 107 a year later, by the end of 2008 Isner had dropped 38 spots to a world ranking of 145.

Says Isner, "I had that early success and could see I could play on the tour, that I really could compete with the best pros.  But in '08 I came to see that maybe I'd done a little too well too early. I got a lot of wild cards, skipped playing a lot of Challengers and maybe didn't develop as much as I could have as a player."

'Boynton dared ask Isner if he was willing to put in the hard work necessary to become a sustainable contender.'

Says Smith, "It's a quick man's game, and the big guy might be a little more vulnerable to injuries. So that's where you have to learn a lot about fitness and things like strengthening your core. Then there's the whole aspect of travel. In team sports things are arranged for you, but in tennis you're on your own, and the world isn't always set up for someone John's height.  So you've got to be aware of these things when you fly, with cars, hotel rooms. It can be a real challenge to keep your body from getting twisted."

IsnerDitto for the mind. Matters came to a head for Isner in March 2009. Following a frustrating loss in the qualifying for the Delray Beach International Tennis Championships, where he served a paltry six aces and failed to generate a single break opportunity, his ranking treading water at 137 in the world, Isner contacted Craig Boynton, a former coach of Mardy Fish and Jim Courier, long affiliated with Saddlebrook Tennis Academy. Boynton dared ask Isner if he was willing to put in the hard work necessary to become a sustainable contender. True to his background as a communications major, Isner issued a concise response: I'm ready.

Over the course of nearly two weeks that Isner calls "the best practice of my life," he and Boynton reassembled his game. If earlier Isner had primarily pondered how to hit the ball properly and deploy his massive serve, with Boynton he began to think more about how to disrupt opponents; that is, to learn how to build points and matches with purpose, strategy and tactics. Says Boynton, "I wanted him to see how the opponent is thinking, how the opponent must deal with the specific weapons John brings to the table." That awareness triggered a better understanding of which strokes Isner needed to hone technically – such as his volleys and return of serve – and in turn also gain a greater sense of which areas he should emphasize in his off-court training. According to Boynton, "The holes are being filled."

By the end of 2009, Isner had climbed an impressive 111 places up the South African Airways ATP Rankings to World to 34 and earned the ATP World Tour's Most Improved Player Of The Year Award. Good things continued in 2010, including Isner taking his first singles title in Auckland, getting to the round of 16 at the Australian Open, making his Davis Cup debut, reaching three additional finals and cracking the Top 20. As you might expect from someone who benefited considerably from playing college tennis, Isner relished the chance to represent his country. That weekend in Belgrade, Serbia, he played two singles and also stepped up at the last minute for the doubles too. "That was a thrill," says Isner. "Even though I lost in singles, I learned a lot and I know now that by putting in the hard work I really belong right up there."     

IsnerPrior to Wimbledon this year, Boynton told Isner he believed he was fit enough to play for 10 hours. It turned out Boynton had under-estimated. As the world came to know, over the course of three days, Isner's apparently prosaic first-round match took on an entirely different quality. Wimbledon's Court 18, the spot for his match versus Nicholas Mahut, is a cozy spot holding 782 spectators. But by the time Isner and Mahut came out to complete their match at 59-all in the fifth, Court 18 was being watched by millions more all over the world. Over the course of 20 more games, Isner and Mahut at last finished an eleven-hour and five-minute match that shattered records left and right. The fifth set alone was longer than any previous match in tennis history. Said Isner afterwards, "I really thought it was a dream. I didn't think that type of match was possible."

"The big guy wants to take advantage of his strengths – serve, tough to pass at the net. John is really building that kind of game."

Isner instantly became a pop culture hero. There he was on David Letterman's late night show, honoured by the US Olympic Committee as June's Male Athlete of the Month, winner of an ESPY Award, praised on the floor of the U.S. Senate. That match, Isner told CNN, was "absolutely crazy," and though he will likely talk about it until he draws his last breath, as the US Open nears his summer has been a return to normalcy – hard workouts and plenty of tennis over the course of the US Open Series. [Although an ankle injury sustained in Cincinnati interrupted his Flushing Meadows preparations.]

IsnerLast year's US Open was a breakthrough for Isner. After winning two matches to match his '07 debut result, he once again arrived in Arthur Ashe Stadium to take on a past champion, in this case America's top dog, Andy Roddick. Says Isner, "I'd played Andy in that first final in [Washington] DC, and then again in DC a few weeks prior to the Open. Though he beat me both times, that second match was really close. And so I came into that match with Andy for the first time not just hoping I could win, but knowing I could win." Taking the first two sets, Isner was well aware that Roddick would counter. Soon enough, Roddick had leveled the match to take it into the fifth. But in that decisive set, Isner held strong, winning it in a tie-break. Says Boynton, "That's the kind of effort where all the work you put in pays off – win or lose." As Smith says, "The big guy wants to take advantage of his strengths – serve, tough to pass at the net. John is really building that kind of game."

There once was a time when players spoke frequently about the desire to generate specific results – to win a Slam, attain the World No. 1 ranking, crack the Top 10. But in the 21st century, the language has changed. As coaches and players have disclosed more about matters related to fitness, training and tactics, the emphasis is less on outcome, more on process: What can the player do to become a better player?

Boynton fondly refers to "the journey," which covers everything from the surrealistic Wimbledon match to a long van ride from Germany to Roland Garros to Isner finetuning the kind of gunslinger tennis he'll need to perfect in a career that will likely be filled with tons of tie-breaks. Isner too knows the road is long and that his greatest moments are yet to come. As he says, "I feel my best tennis is two or three years away."

It's ironic that while Isner's playing style is increasingly based on taking time away from his opponents, there is no question that this 25 year old is not a man to be rushed.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/DEUCE- … Isner.aspx

#32 04-09-2010 23:27:25

Serenity

User

US Open 2010 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 1 rundzie

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. A little easier than your last first round match of a slam?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, just a little bit. I don't know the exact time of my match tonight, but obviously it was a lot less time on the court. So for my second round match I should be a little bit fresher than I was at Wimbledon. (Smiling.)

Q. How close were you to not playing here?

JOHN ISNER: It wasn't like, you know, I just it was really like four, five days ago I didn't think I was going to play. But then I had another MRI and I got cleared to play. So, I mean, yeah, in my mind, I didn't think I was going to play, uhm, just because I didn't think my ankle was ready. But I got cleared to go. Once I got that news it was all systems go, doing everything I possibly can to get ready for, you know, today's match.

Q. You say 'all systems go.' How concerned were you about how the ankle would hold up?

JOHN ISNER: I was. I was concerned. You know, hadn't felt great in practice. I haven't really been practicing. Since the injury, I was pretty much horizontal for more than a week, so I didn't really know how it was going to feel. But my ankle was not an issue tonight. More the issue was my legs just from lack of training. That's one thing I know is going to get better in my next match as I work my way into this tournament. So that was the issue for me, you know, was my legs, just not feeling that strong out there. But the ankle was fine. Obviously I had a lot of adrenaline out there, and that helped.

Q. Completely torn ligaments?

JOHN ISNER: I was told that. In Cincinnati I got the MRI about three hours after I hurt it. Obviously my foot was so blown up that the MRI I was told I had torn ligaments. It's hard to explain the technical things about the MRI. But it was a low grade MRI machine and it couldn't show, you know, everything it needed to show. So from there, the assumption was that I had torn ligaments. Then I got back down to Florida. I knew my foot started feeling better. It wasn't torn. It was everything but torn. It was barely hanging on. (Laughter.) I definitely screwed it up, but it wasn't as bad as I originally thought. That's why I'm here.

Q. Aren't you worried now you'll tear it now that you're here?

JOHN ISNER: No, no. Because the treatment that I've done has been I've just been on it all the time. My foot is more supported with the tape and the brace. Now that I got that one match under my belt, I know that it felt pretty good. I don't see any issues with me reinjuring it, knock on wood.

Q. Do you think you can train now, or do you have to treat it differently still as far as in between matches?

JOHN ISNER: No, I'll be with my usual routine on a day off, which is practice, but no more than an hour. That's what most players do anyways. I don't think it will be an issue. I just got to keep on it. That's what I've been really diligent at. All my focus literally the last two weeks has been on my ankle. That's the only reason I've been able to play. This really was like a four to six week injury and I got it ready to play in two.

Q. You were told four to six?

JOHN ISNER: Yes.

Q. Would you say 70%, 80%?

JOHN ISNER: 90, getting close to 100. I don't know. (Laughter.) I mean, the issue when you hurt your ankle, everything else shuts down. So that's just what happens. So I've just got to rebuild the strength in my legs. Like I said, that was the issue tonight. Because when you have that hurt ankle you're not able to put any weight on it for a long time. Everything on the right side of my body was shut down. I have to get to the point where my left and right side are moving the same.

Q. Is there pain when you're playing? Do you feel anything in it?

JOHN ISNER: A little bit. But wasn't anything I couldn't play through.

Q. You mentioned something about being on a machine with your ankle. Was that several hours?

JOHN ISNER: Yes. It's called an FSM machine, Frequency Specific Microcurrent. It's what TO was using when he broke his ankle, I mean full on broke his ankle and had six weeks to get ready for the Super Bowl. Obviously my foot wasn't as bad as his, but it's worked wonders for me.

Q. How did you find the machine?

JOHN ISNER: I went to a great group of doctors in Cincinnati. I was fortunate they were there. When I hurt my ankle, I stayed in Cincinnati for three or four more nights, I can't remember. One, I couldn't travel because I couldn't walk. Two, they were there and I knew I needed to get on this as quick as possible.

Q. It seemed like in the first set especially you were trying to come to the net a lot more. Is that something you've been working on, or is that part of an effort to shorten the point and preserve your ankle?

JOHN ISNER: A little bit of both. That's probably how I need to play. For the most part tonight I felt like I volleyed well, hit my forehand really well on my approach shots. Like I said, it was a little of both. I've always been working on that. In this instance, I needed to keep the points shorter physically, not because of my ankle but because of everything else. I haven't been training, so my lungs really aren't there. I had to try to keep it really short.

Q. Querrey talked today how you have to learn that you belong in the top 25, the top 20, the process of moving along. Your thoughts on that and how that's going.

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, I think I've been in the top 20 now for more than two months. So I feel like I know that I belong. And it is something when you go into each tournament you know what you have to do. I mean, what keeps me going is I don't want to fall behind. I want to, at worst, stay where I'm at and keep climbing. That's something with the more matches, the more mature you get on tour, the better that's going to become. I think Sam and I are both realizing that now. I feel that both of us are going to keep climbing.

Q. What do you think about the grind of the five set matches here possibly, obviously you have to win three, the length of the tournament, and your physical condition?

JOHN ISNER: For me, it's tough. It is what it is. Right now, going into this tournament I wasn't as physically fit as I'd like to be, obviously, because I haven't been training. I only started hitting balls three days before my match. So for me physically I'm not at my best. But I know that I'm gonna keep getting stronger. So it's just a matter of me trying to just get through, you know, one match at a time. Once I do that, I'm going to keep getting stronger.

Q. How do you get stronger when you're out there trying to battle an opponent and make it through?

JOHN ISNER: Because it's just time on the court, which I haven't had. Yeah, it's tough on your body, but also it's going to make my legs stronger; it's going to make my lungs better. I mean, that's why we practice so hard, you know, so we get ready for tournaments like this. Obviously, I didn't have the practice going in, so I have to use the matches as the best practice for me.

Q. How long did it take you to physically recover from Wimbledon? Did it take you longer than you thought? Were you more tired than you realized?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, I mean, I was going to take some time off after Wimbledon anyways, no matter how I did. I took about a week off. Then I started practicing and working out, you know, started getting into it slowly. Felt all right. I went into the Atlanta tournament and felt pretty good out there. But then when I went to play D.C. it all kind of hit me. Either it was that match, kind of everything I did after the match, you know, a lot of interviews and whatnot, it kind of all just hit me. I kind of ran out of gas in D.C. From there, I didn't play Toronto. I knew I needed to take some time off like completely. That's what I did. I went home to North Carolina, turned my phone off for four days, got spoiled by my mom. Then I went into Cincinnati feeling great. Been hitting the ball great, just playing my best tennis. Unfortunately I hurt my ankle. But, like I said, in D.C. it all kind of hit me.

Q. Can you characterize how different things are for you in New York this year in terms of people recognizing you, your level of celebrity? How different is it one year later?

JOHN ISNER: I don't think so really. I don't consider myself a celebrity. Maybe a little bit more people know me than last year obviously because of the match I played at Wimbledon. It caught on over here in the States. Really the whole country was watching it. In that regard, more people do know me. But as far as I'm concerned, I'm anything but a celebrity.

Q. Did you feel any responsibility to play here even though you were a little injured because of what happened in Wimbledon and knowing that it gave tennis a boost and people would be looking to see you?

JOHN ISNER: No. I didn't feel a responsibility. I mean, if I wasn't fit enough to play with my ankle, then I knew the right decision would be not to play. But that being said, this is the one tournament, you know, I want to do my best at and obviously don't want to miss. So that's why I did such a good job in getting my ankle ready. I just did not want to miss this tournament. But it wasn't because I felt like obligated to come out here and do it.

Q. The other day Melanie spoke about what goes through her mind when people ask her about her run here last year. What goes through your mind when people ask you about the match at Wimbledon now after a couple of months?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, I mean, it's just it's nothing that sort of goes through my mind. I mean, it is what it is. The match was, you know, ridiculous. It was just a pleasure to be a part of. But, I mean, I don't know. When I think back on that match, when I get asked about it, all I can think about is just how Nicolas and myself really made history together out there. I don't think anything more than that.

Q. Melanie said she thinks you're sick of being asked about it.

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, I think earlier in the summer when physically I wasn't feeling well, you know, I was answering questions about it every day. It kind of maybe got a little bit annoying. But now it's fine. I know I'm going to have to answer questions about it for maybe as long as I live. But, like I said, that's fine. You know, I was just happy to be a part of that match. My name will be in the record books forever. That's not going to get broken.

Q. Did you see Nicolas today?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, I did.

Q. Has one day gone by since Wimbledon where you didn't have to answer a question about it?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, when I was in North Carolina.

Q. With the phone off?

Q. Maybe somebody will beat the record, is that what you're hoping?

JOHN ISNER: I'm not even thinking about that. Nobody will beat it. It's just not gonna happen.

Q. You missed an overhead in the second set. Is it often that you miss an overhead like that?

JOHN ISNER: I have a history of missing overheads actually. I'm trying to remember. Yeah, I remember that point. It's something I shouldn't have missed. Yeah, sometimes -- you ask Sam Querrey. We've lost two or three matches on match point because I can't make an overhead. Those overheads get kind of tricky on me for some reason.

Q. You mentioned you got together with Mahut. Can you describe what that was like?

JOHN ISNER: Yes. It was the first time I've seen him in person since the match. What was it? Monday morning, I didn't fly into New York until Sunday night, so Monday midday I came to the courts for the first time. As soon as I stepped into the locker room, honestly he was the first person I saw. We did the handshake, high five thing. Sat and talked for about five minutes. And ever since then, I keep running into him in the locker room and we talk. I talk to his coaches. He talks to my coach. Obviously, we're definitely good friends now.

Q. Do you wish he'd gotten a wildcard? Do you think he should have?

JOHN ISNER: I guess the French, they have a deal. They have a wildcard. So I think he does deserve it. He's also I know his body's kind of aching a little bit. I know he has a bit of a bad back. Maybe our match had something to do with that. So if he didn't have to do the grind through quallies, get a wildcard, he was definitely well deserving of it, that's for sure.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interv … 95485.html

#33 05-09-2010 10:54:03

Serenity

User

US Open 2010 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 2 rundzie

Q. Tired?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, I am.

Q. If you could just talk about the match, your thoughts on how you played today.

JOHN ISNER: I thought I played pretty well. I conserved my energy when I needed to. I wasn't feeling my best out there. Once again, just my legs weren't there. That's from lack of training recently. So I was kind of dealt a bad hand coming into this tournament. But like I said, I conserved energy well. I felt like I played my best when I needed to. A lot of times out there it wasn't pretty. Once again, my serve and forehand pretty much bailed me out. I was hitting both shots pretty well.

Q. When you say you were dealt a bad hand, what exactly are you referring to?

JOHN ISNER: Well, I hurt my ankle two weeks ago, so I haven't I mean, first time I hit was two days before the tournament. For more than a week I was -- I couldn't do any physical activity, so I felt like I lost some of my shape. I was in pretty good shape, and it's tough to build it back up. I didn't have any time to do that.

Q. Your ankle didn't bother at all? It's okay?

JOHN ISNER: Wasn't an issue, no.

Q. When someone in sports does something as you did in Wimbledon, years later they're still talking about it. Some athletes are bothered by it, and others relish it. What's been your reaction to the two months?

JOHN ISNER: No, it's been great. I mean, obviously I know, you know, being a part of that match people were going to talk about that for a long, long time. That's gonna stick with me for really as long as I live. So, you know, like I said, you know, I'm fine; I embrace it. I think it's really cool what Nicolas and I did that day. You know, it hasn't you know, it's not gonna bother me. I've said this a lot. I don't want that to be like the lasting image of my career. So that's up to me to make it not that way. It's up to me to do well in big tournaments, tournaments such as this.

Q. Will you need a little more pop in your legs against Youzhny? What do you have to do well in that match?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, I am gonna need that. I think, you know, the focus, the rest of today and all day tomorrow, is gonna be just to try to rejuvenate my body as much as possible to get me feeling as good as I possibly can going into that match. I'm gonna have to play really well, do the same thing essentially today: serve well, hit my forehand well. Those are my two strengths. That's no secret. He's just -- I played him in Montreal last year and it was three sets. But, you know, he kind of ran me off the court the last two sets. When he's on, he's really, really tough. For me, I kind of hope he's not on. (Laughter.)

Q. If you feel like your fitness isn't where you want it to be, does that mean just taking some bigger risks on your serve and on your forehand? Is that gonna be the strategy?

JOHN ISNER: Well, yeah. I mean, you know, I try to ace people anyways, no matter how I'm feeling. When I get up to serve and I try to hit my forehand really big, I don't hold back on either one of those shots. So that's not gonna change.But it's all gonna -- a lot of it's gonna be how I feel really, you know, going into the match. Like since we were warming up today I knew I felt like I just didn't have it. I knew it was gonna be a tough match, because I just didn't feel that great out there. I was really fortunate to win today.

Q. Ryan Harrison lost in the fifth set breaker after having some match points, and I'm wondering about the learning curve for a young player learning how to play in a fifth set. What is there to learn and did you go through it yourself?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, it's so tough. I mean, personally I don't know how many fifth set sets I've played in. I think I've played in two this year, maybe four or five in my career, so it's not that I'm not seasoned at it, either. It's something that obviously with maturity and the more times you're in that situation, the better you're gonna be. But, I didn't see the match today. I don't want to say that -- I mean, probably just have to give credit to Ryan's opponent. Ryan, he's obviously playing well and he's a huge future in this game.

Q. Do you change things in the fifth set or stick with the same stuff or...

JOHN ISNER: No, it all depends on how you feel. You stick with your game, stick with what's working. And for him, he gets to the net a lot. He's quick. He's athletic. I'm sure he was, you know, doing what he was doing first four sets. He just came out on the wrong end, unfortunately.

Q. Could you hear that match from where you were in Louis? Did you hear the crowd in there?

JOHN ISNER: I could hear the crowd. It was hard to tell really what was going on. Obviously when the crowd cheered, you know, that was when Ryan won a point. But you know, I didn't know -- I didn't know that he won or lost until I saw it on the screen on my court.

Q. For a long time, you'll always be related to Nicolas Mahut. He's sort of had a tough go of it; he's been saying his body hasn't been the same; hasn't had a very good summer; didn't get a wildcard or anything here. Do you have any thoughts about Nicolas and have you been in touch with him at all and could you reflect on that?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, we have kept in touch since the match. The first time I saw him, you know, face to face was the first day I stepped foot in the locker room here. So, you know, we talked about the match a little bit. Like I said, it is unfortunate that his back is bothering him. He may have jumped into tournaments too quickly after our match, because I believe he played Newport. You know, I think -- from what I've read, I think that's what he said, that was the tournament that kind of hurt his back a little. It set him back. So, you know, that's unfortunate. I know that for me, you know, I don't feel like I'm feeling the lasting effects of that match, particularly. I'm tired here, but I think that's because of my ankle.

Q. Did he say anything of interest to you about the match?

JOHN ISNER: No. To be honest, we didn't really talk about the match. We just, you know, just talked with each other and asked each other what's been up lately. So the focus wasn't really on the match.

Q. Can you talk about whether you've had any surprises in your physical conditioning while you've been playing here or with regard to the ankle? Because you spoke obviously at every step along the way about the hope that you would improve certainly your lung capacity with playing more and also the condition of your ankle. What has it been like for you?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, it's definitely been tough. You know, I started feeling it in the third set of my first match. I felt great. I actually felt pretty good right from the get go of my first match. I was thinking, Hey, this is a good omen. But then kind of hit me in the third set, and really throughout the whole match today I was feeling it. I don't feel like I had the pop on my shots that I normally would out there today. So, yeah, I'm struggling a bit physically. But, you know, I'm gonna have to do my best to get myself up to 100%. I'm getting stronger. Although I'm out there and playing these long matches, I feel like I'm getting stronger, and I should be better for the next one.

Q. Given that there are no teenage men in the top 100 of the world rankings, do you think that's more motivation for kids to go to college a year or two? Do you think more guys should follow the route you took?

JOHN ISNER: I think they should, especially -- not necessarily four years like I did, but at the very least one year. Obviously there's a few exceptions, Sam being one. I think Ryan is another one. He made the right choice probably turning pro. As you can see, at 18 he's competing with everybody at this tournament. But for sure I feel like a lot of players have made the mistake of not going to college, and so the up and coming, you know, juniors in the country now I think going to college for one, two years, that's really, really gonna help them. I hope that's the case in the near future.

Q. Grand Slams, Tim Henman used to always say he felt the weight of the whole British Empire on his shoulders. With so few Americans left standing, do you feel the weight of being one of the great American hopes?

JOHN ISNER: No, I don't feel the weight of it. I think my second year on tour when I was -- after I did really well on my first half year on tour, I kind of felt that pressure. A lot of great things were expected of me, and I regressed in 2008. But now I'm more mature, and I've obviously played a lot of matches. I don't feel any added pressure to do well because I'm American.You know, I know that, you know, whatever happens, happens. I'm not putting any extra pressure on myself.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interv … 24223.html

#34 06-09-2010 22:56:31

Serenity

User

US Open 2010 - wywiad po porażce w 3 rundzie

Q. I know you didn't get the preparation you wanted for this tournament because of the ankle. Do you think there's any leftovers physically from Wimbledon, as well?

JOHN ISNER: To be honest, no, I don't think so, because I felt like it was earlier in the summer. But then in Cincinnati, the way I was feeling and the way I was playing, I could tell that -- or at least I felt personally that it was behind me, just the way everything was coming along in Cincinnati until I hurt my foot. So I don't think tonight, you know, had anything to do with that match, I would say.

Q. It seemed like you had the momentum really on your side after the second set tiebreak all the way into the third. It turned so fast at the end. What happened in the last three or four points of the third set?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, he's mentally tough. When I played him in Montréal, it was a similar thing in the first set. I won it in a tiebreaker, but I think he was up. If my memory recalls, I think he was up 5-2. One of the games he was serving 40-Love, set point, 40-Love. I came back and won the set in a tiebreaker. You would think from there I would have all the momentum. He just keeps with it. That's a big credit to him. I mean, I definitely did have the momentum, but he just stayed steady and, you know, just outplayed me a little bit.

Q. Was fatigue a factor at all in the end?

JOHN ISNER: No. It's hard to say. I mean, I didn't feel like I was out of breath or anything out there. But, you know, I just didn't have the pop I needed on my shots. I wasn't able to get to the balls like I thought I should have. You know, certain shots, running around a forehand, coming up late, hitting them late. So, yeah, I was a little bit fatigued. But with that being said, you know, I gave myself every chance to compete in this tournament, 'cause two weeks ago it didn't look good at all, so... Yeah, I just didn't feel that that great out there.

Q. It seemed like it was tough for you to close at net a number of times. He also returned fairly well, right?

JOHN ISNER: He does. It kind of hit me somewhere in the middle of that match. I kind of remembered back to the first time we played, that he kind of sees my serve pretty well - a lot better than 99% of the players out there.

Yeah, so he was able to get a lot of balls back. That was the huge thing: he made me play a lot more balls than I did my first two rounds.

Q. Did you feel like you were playing from behind? You got broken right off the bat. It was uphill almost all the way from then.

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, uh-huh. I was. I was playing from behind pretty much a lot of that match. I got down, you know, an early break in the second, got down another break in the second. Yeah, I just started off sloppy. That was just horrible on my part. Just came out and missed literally four easy balls. Put me in a hole right from the get-go. It's tough playing from behind like that. You know, it takes so much energy to try to come back from a hole like that. So maybe that had something to do with it, too.

Q. Your ankle was good? It held up?

JOHN ISNER: Pain-wise it was fine, yes.

Q. Does that mean you weren't really getting a good enough push and felt slow at the first step?

JOHN ISNER: I didn't feel -- I'm not the fastest guy out there, but I didn't feel as explosive. My legs I think just didn't have the bend that I needed to on my serve, on my groundstrokes. Yeah, I mean, like I said, I mean, I wasn't dealt the greatest hand coming into this tournament with really no preparation. So that maybe had something to do with it.

Q. I think in the second set you had five set balls or something, and you seemed to be nervous. How did you feel, because you didn't play as aggressive in important moments?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, you're right. I never really felt comfortable out there the whole match. It's difficult playing on that court. It's the first time I ever played at night on that court. The wind kind of swirls around. I don't know what it was. I just didn't feel entirely comfortable out there. You know, I feel like I should have played with my forehand more, and I didn't. Like you said, I wasn't going for my shots as much because I didn't feel like I could hit 'em big and hit 'em with a good margin. Really wasn't there tonight. But a lot of that, again, you got to give credit to him because he did what he needed to do to win.

Q. Would you like to take some time off now to recover? Do you know what you want to do?

JOHN ISNER: Uhm, yeah. Well, I have I guess now Sunday night, and I'm going to Colombia for Davis Cup. I believe my flight's in six days. As of right now, it's myself, Mardy, and Sam. Maybe they won't be on my flight. Maybe they'll be playing on Saturday and Sunday. But for me, I have six days. I'll probably take a couple days off of tennis. I have to still keep on my ankle and keep getting that stronger, because it's not where it needs to be right now.

Q. Would it be smart to not play for the long-term?

JOHN ISNER: That's hard to answer. I feel like I need to play. I mean, I played the first one. You know, I lost two singles matches in the first one. That's one of the reasons we're at Colombia, so I have to try to get us out of that hole.

Q. I know you were looking forward to playing on Ashe as the headline tonight. With that in mind, how disappointing was this?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, it's disappointing. I mean, I felt going into the match that I had -- I thought I was going to win. I take the court with that mentality every time. I would have liked to have played better out there. But being said, nothing beats playing a night match at the US Open on that court. You know, I'll get back in that situation and I'll play better. With experience, as long as I keep putting myself in the right situation, doing that, I'll play better next time.

Q. Sam was saying earlier that he thought it would be great if you and Mardy had all been scheduled in Ashe in the earlier rounds so that it wasn't these big matchups, and suddenly, poof, you're there playing on America's biggest tennis stage. Do you agree? Do you think it would have benefited you to play on that court in your first and second round?

JOHN ISNER: I think so, for sure. It would have. You know, I didn't hit a ball on that court, no practice or anything prior to this match. Same with my opponent, Mikhail. He certainly didn't play any of his first two matches on that court. So it was the same for both of us, and he dealt with it better. But, without a doubt, had I been a little bit more comfortable on that court it probably would have helped, but it was the same for both of us. He handled it better.

Q. Does your ankle need rest or are you rehabbing it? What does it need?

JOHN ISNER: It needs strengthening back. You know, rehab for my ankle, it's not that grueling. It's just stuff to kind of build the muscles around the ankle and get them stronger. So I don't think it needs rest. I think it needs to get stronger, because that will help everything if I get my ankle stronger.

Q. So you're going to Colombia. The Bryan brothers aren't going, or one of you guys are going to play singles?

JOHN ISNER: As I know now, myself, Mardy, and Sam are going. I can't speak for the Bryans right now. I don't know what their decision is. I know scheduled it's myself, Mardy and Sam.

Q. Do you still get in touch with players with whom you played for college, and maybe did some of them come to support you?

JOHN ISNER: Yeah, I keep in touch with a lot of my college friends, some of my opponents in college. I always keep in touch with my head coach, as well. He was in my box tonight. So I do keep in contact with a lot, a lot of people back in Georgia.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interv … 49942.html

#35 28-10-2010 13:36:47

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

John Isner gets 999th ace in win

MONTPELLIER, France -- Fifth-seeded John Isner edged French qualifier Adrian Mannarino 7-6 (5), 6-7 (5), 6-3 in the second round of the Open Sud de France on Wednesday, serving 27 aces to move to 999 for the season.

The 6-foot-9 Isner converted his sole break-point opportunity and Mannarino wasted his six break chances on the indoor hard court. The match lasted 2 hours, 11 minutes.

Isner set a record by firing 113 aces during his historic first-round win over Nicolas Mahut at Wimbledon earlier this year, a marathon that clocked in at 11 hours, 5 minutes and needed 183 games to complete.

The 25-year-old American has already served 346 aces more than his previous best of 653 set last season.

Isner next plays either No. 3 Gael Monfils of France or Steve Darcis of Belgium for a semifinal spot.

The top two seeds also advanced to the quarterfinals. No. 1 Nikolay Davydenko of Russia beat Mischa Zverev of Germany 7-5, 6-3, and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga cruised past Portugal's Frederico Gil 6-3, 6-4.

Davydenko saved 10 break points and broke Zverev twice. Tsonga fended off five break points and served 11 aces.

Jarkko Nieminen of Finland rallied for his first victory in six matches against Frenchman Florent Serra, reaching the second round with a 6-7 (4), 7-5, 6-1 win. In the remaining first-round match, Gilles Simon beat Mahut 6-4, 6-4 in an all-French encounter.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis … id=5733268

#36 29-10-2010 21:16:11

jaccol55

Administrator

1000 asów Isnera w jednym sezonie!

Isner w dniu dzisiejszym wbił swojego 1000 asa w tym sezonie. Tym samym wszedł do elitarnego grona graczy, którym udała się ta sztuka. Do tej pory w klubie znajdowali się: Pete Sampras (1993), Goran Ivanisevic (1994, 1996-98), Andy Roddick (2004) i Ivo Karlovic (2007). Niekwestionowanym liderem rankingu jest Ivanisevic, który w roku '96 wbił 1477 asów. Mimo 12 asów jakie Johnowi udało się "wbić" Monfilsowi w ćwierćfinale spotkania w Montepellier, nie udało mu się wygrać spotkania. Przegrał z Francuzem 6-3 4-6 4-6 po bardzo zaciętym meczu.

#37 13-12-2010 22:39:43

jaccol55

Administrator

The Last Word: ATP No. 19, John Isner

http://www.tennis.com/articles/articlefiles/9254-201012130822301305782-p2@stats_com.jpg
Isner will forever be linked to Mahut after their
epic Wimbledon match.

Best of 2010

Are you kidding? It’s the set heard round the world:  Wimbledon, first round, 70-68 in the fifth, Isner over Nicolas Mahut. Beyond that, Isner won his first ATP title in Auckland to start his 2010 campaign, beating Juan Monaco, Tommy Robredo and Albert Montanes along the way.

Worst of 2010

Are you serious? Wimbledon, first round, 70-68 in the fifth, Isner over Mahut, because the cost of that history-making win prevented Isner, who has the game to win Wimbledon, from getting past the second round. But that tepid loss to Mikhail Youzhny in the third round of the U.S. Open also has to rate as a major disappointment.

Year in Review

Isner became a household name after his record-setting Wimbledon match, and in some ways that represented the peak of his year. Before that, he won Auckland, had a strong Australian Open (losing in the fourth round to eventual finalist Andy Murray) and reached the finals in Memphis and Belgrade (on clay, no less), losing to his buddy Sam Querrey both times. After Wimbledon, he lost the Atlanta final to countryman Mardy Fish, but reached just one more semifinal (Beijing).

See for Yourself

How did you know? Let’s re-live that Isner-Mahut finish, one more time:

The Last Word
Isner is a challenging study. He’s so laconic and easygoing that he could easily be mistaken for lazy, but the same could be said for the king of beasts, the lion. Instead of fangs, Isner has that stupendous serve, made all the more difficult to handle because of his 6’9” frame enables him to hit unusual, effective angles. The 25-year old isn’t by nature a specimen, and fitness training can only take him so far. The overall impression is that he slowed down in 2010 after that epic match, suggesting that while Isner is capable of making huge statements, he doesn’t have the natural strength and stamina to grind out the wins, week after week.

—Peter Bodo

http://www.tennis.com/articles/template … 4&zoneid=9

#38 24-12-2010 20:06:56

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

2010 w liczbach

Ranking: 19
Turnieje: 1 (Auckland)
Finały: 3 (Memphis, Atlanta, Belgrad)
Mecze: 38-24
Zarobki: $1,066,839

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#39 08-01-2011 18:47:50

Jisner

User

http://hopmancup.com/upload/images/gallery/XXIII-USA/Final_Mattek-SandsIsner10.jpg

Hopman Cup 2011 - USA - John Isner & Bethanie Mattek-Sands

#40 08-01-2011 20:13:15

metjuAR

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rod

Ale Bethe'i ma tatoo'sy kolorowe :d

249,5 km/h
30 singles titles
2007 Davis Cup

Stopka forum

RSS