mtenis.pun.pl - forum fanów tenisa ATP

Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#21 03-07-2010 18:00:22

Serenity

User

Re: Tomas Berdych

Tennis-Wimbledon run no surprise to brilliant Berdych

Back in March, Tomas Berdych  had a feeling this would be a good year back -- with a French Open semi under his belt and a Wimbledon final still to play, the towering Czech was not wrong.

Arriving on the back of an impressive run at Roland Garros, the 24-year-old has gone one better at Wimbledon, taking down six-times champion Roger Federer and third seed Novak Djokovic along the way.

A comfortable 6-3 7-6 6-3 victory over Serbia's Djokovic on Centre Court on Friday sent Berdych into his maiden grand slam final but you would not have known it from his celebration, which had an air of expectancy rather than surprise on his part.

You have to go back to March and the Sony Ericsson Open in Miami to find out why that might be.

"I played a really great two weeks or two tournaments, Indian Wells and Miami," a visibly exhausted Berdych told reporters.

"I think in Miami, in the match against Roger (Federer) when I won that match from match point down, (my season) turns quite a lot in that match."

The world number 13, whose last of five titles came in Munich in 2009, dumped the Swiss maestro out 6-4 6-7 7-6 in the fourth round and went on to lose in the final to American Andy Roddick but then his season took a turn for the better.

He reached his first grand slam semi-final in Paris, defeating Britain's world number four Andy Murray in the round of 16 before losing to Robin Soderling.

HARD-HITTING STYLE

"I just took all the positive things from the semi-final in Paris and I just show that I learned from the experience in Paris. It worked pretty well today," Berdych said.

The 1.96 metre Czech has long been known to have the tools for the game but he is now beginning to merge an imperious hard-hitting style from the back of the court and a biting serve with improved movement.

"I know that the movement is my weak part of the tennis and I need to improve that. I'm almost working on it every day. It works pretty well," said Berdych, whose only grasscourt title came at Halle in 2007.

"I mean, I feel, more confident, I feel stronger mentally and physically as well."

Berdych, the first Czech to reach the men's final at Wimbledon since Ivan Lendl in 1987, will face world number one and 2008 champion Rafael Nadal on Sunday after the Spaniard beat Britain's Andy Murray.

However, Berdych is unlikely to lose any sleep ahead of the biggest match of his career so far.

"I think the best thing is to have a good sleep. I mean, I don't think anything is going to disturb me from that," he said smiling.

"I will enjoy that, get really relaxed. The energy is getting lower and lower and I think sleep is the best thing to get it back a little bit."

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/02072010/2/t … rdych.html

#22 03-07-2010 18:16:43

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2010 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w półfinale

Q. On a scale of one to ten, how will describe your match today? Where do you place your match?

TOMAS BERDYCH: I don't know. It's tough to find some number. I mean, at least it's gonna be eight or nine. Still, the tennis ‑‑ I mean, if the tennis, the best one, then you still needs it keep it away. So, yeah, definitely eight to nine. Yeah, I was playing really well today.

I felt, you know, quite tired since the morning, but then all of a sudden just came on court, feel great, and just win it in three sets.

Q. What does it feel like to be in the final?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Well, I mean, right now it's great feeling so far. I'm just trying to be enjoying the victory of today. You know, I think I will try to do the same as I did after Roger. So, you know, today just be thinking about today's match, and since tomorrow, just leave it on side and just get ready for the finals.

I'm still not done yet here. One more to go.

Q. You beat Federer and Djokovic in successive games. You are fear no one now?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Yeah, of course it would be bad if I say I'm in fear of somebody. So, you know, playing well, feeling great, still healthy, and I hope some energy still left there for the last one.

And of course I'm looking forward to the next one, and definitely not fear to anybody.

Q. Did you feel your performance improved today compared to your performance in beating Federer?

TOMAS BERDYCH: It's tough to compare if my performance was better or not. It was different opponent and just different match. We played semifinals, so I don't think so.

I just play my ‑‑ not the best tennis, but I was playing what I need, just, you know, finish it in three sets. That's important.

Q. Are you surprised at all considering the importance of that match that you were able to do it in straight sets, though?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Oh, of course. It was the tiebreak of the second set. But, you know, it shouldn't be the tiebreak because, I mean, I was serving to close the set. There I just made couple of mistakes and lost my serve. Then again I have 6‑3 up and give some set points to Novak.

So yeah, I mean, I was much better in that second set. I just make it a little more complicated. Finally I just made it on my side, and then he starts to be really, really down, you know, I think more mentally than physically.

Q. Did what happened to you in the semifinal in Paris make you more determined if you ever got in that position again that you wouldn't waste the chance?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Well, I don't know if I can be talking like about the wasting of chance. I mean, well, I'm quite happy that it's quite soon after the Paris. Still the memories from there are really fresh.

I just took all the positive things from the semifinals in Paris. You know, I just show that I learned from those experience in Paris. It worked pretty well today.

Q. What is the key to your Grand Slam success now at the age of 24?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Well, it's many things. Definitely starts in the first round. You just need to go step by step and beat every player. You know, coming to every match, every opponent with the same goals, same tactics: be concentrated, be patient, and try your best.

So far, works pretty well.

Q. Did you feel mentally or physically stronger than in the past years? Do you sense there's a difference in you?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Of course it is. I mean, it's many things. I mean, I feel, yeah, more confidence. I feel more stronger by mentally side, physically as well.

Yeah, I think this is quite enough to just, you know, show the good results.

Q. You talk about the same tactics going up against no matter who you play, but on Sunday you're gonna have two different styles. Is there a way you're looking at each individual yet, how you might face them?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Well, definitely not. They're still playing. In tennis, you have no chance to choosing your opponent.

So the better is gonna win. The one is gonna be waiting for me in the final. Even if it's Rafa or Andy, it's tough to be finding some, you know, special tactics or anything for them. They both have some experience with the Grand Slam finals. Me, not.

So I will try just keep, you know, concentrate for myself and playing my tennis.

Q. With the way you are playing now, don't you see yourself as becoming the Wimbledon champion on Sunday?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Well, so far I'm playing, well, quite well here. Of course there is one more match to go, so just need to bring all what I have to that Sunday match.

Yeah, that's why I'm here and why I'm trying to win every match.

Q. Are all your family gonna be here? Anybody coming over now to watch you in the final?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Yeah, my father, mother, they came already for the semis. So they are already here, and they are gonna stay until the final.

Q. This is your first Grand Slam final. Do you think all these years you have been an underperformer with your game, because people are talking about you have the game to be really good?

TOMAS BERDYCH: What was the question? Like if...

Q. Do you think all these years you have been an underperformer up to this stage?

TOMAS BERDYCH: No, definitely not. I know what I'm doing. Every day if I'm gonna go practice, I know why I'm doing that. Somebody is trying to win at least one, two matches in the Grand Slam tournament.

I'm in different position. Right now I'm in the final. I'm trying the same way I did before. And, you know, that's just how is the tennis. It's really tough sport that you can face really tough opponents since the first round.

So definitely not. I mean, right now I'm playing well; I'm in the final. That's how it is. I don't think it's the way just to be looking for the past or to the future.

Right now I'm in the final, and that's it.

Q. Are you a good sleeper, and do you expect to be sleeping well the night before or will it just be another day as far as being able to relax?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Definitely I think the best thing what I like is to have a good sleep. I mean, I don't think it's anything gonna disturb me from that.

Yeah, I will enjoy that, get really relaxed, and that's what I need. You know, the energy is getting lower and lower, and, you know, I think the sleep is the best thing how you can just, you know, bring it a little bit higher and get it back a little bit.

Q. Do you have a hobby outside of tennis?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Well, it's not much time to have any specific hobbies. I mean, you know, not much. You know, if you're just spending the time between those matches and everything just relaxing and watching some movies, music. Nothing special.

Q. Have you worked specifically on your movement over the last few years? It appears that you're much faster and that your balance is a better on your shots.

TOMAS BERDYCH: I don't know if something ‑‑ I don't know ‑‑ well, no, definitely not. I mean, I'm doing still the same things what I did before. I don't know how long you asking for, but no.

I mean, I know that the movement is my weak part of the tennis and I need to improve that. I'm almost working on it every day. It works pretty well. I mean, the work for my movement is pretty hard. Yeah.

Q. Who was your sport idol when you were a kid? Does Ivan Lendl mean something special to you? Did you used to watch him playing an television?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Well, I never had any tennis idols. Well, of course so many people just putting me on side with Ivan Lendl, with part of the similar style of the game and any other specific things, like when I won my first tournament and when he did.

You know, it's really nice to be in the part of his name. But still, you know, he achieved much, much more than me. You know, but the things needs to start somewhere.

Hopefully this time it's really good time to start to building hopefully the similar results as he did.

Q. When did you first feel like you were ready to win a Grand Slam?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Well, I think this question I can get after the match on Sunday. If it's gonna go well, I mean, why now? Still one to go. Definitely I'm not gonna give you an answer for it.

Q. Was there a moment this year ‑ you've had a very consistent year ‑ maybe a match or a set or a week where you felt like this could be a really special year for you?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Well, I mean, I start quite well since the beginning of the year. You know, I never had it ‑‑ I mean, the first tournament just reached the semis because the years before just, you know, were losing first rounds and nothing special.

But then I lost quite early in Australia, which was, you know, quite upset for me. But, you know, just threw it away and went through to the tournaments in the States. There I played really great two weeks or two tournaments, Indian Wells and Miami.

I think in Miami just came in the match against Roger when I won that match from match point down. It turns quite a lot in that match.

Q. Coming back to Lendl, did you ever talk to him?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Yeah, we talk after the French Open and a couple of other times when we just met in the United States in US Open. I know him.

Q. You said you were tired. Do you have any major issues with your body at the moment, or is it okay?

TOMAS BERDYCH: No, nothing. Just feel tired a little bit. Also like all the stress from the match, which is just gone, so then you just feel a little bit like mentally tired.

But that's all right. You know, that's what just came after every winning match. I hope this feeling is gonna come one more again.

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/int … 13702.html

#23 05-07-2010 11:32:04

Serenity

User

Hard-Worker Berdych Aims For Top 5 Future

Tomas Berdych, the third Czech man to reach a final at The Championships, believes he has the game to break into the Top 5 of the South African Airways ATP Rankings.

“That's what I'm trying to do,” said Berdych. “Right now I'm still climbing higher and higher. [I’ve] grown up a little bit, got older and got more experience [over the past year].”

Discuss On Facebook

Berdych, who had been bidding to become only the third man (also Mats Wilander at 1982 Roland Garros and Michael Stich at 1991 Wimbledon) in the Open Era to beat three of the top four seeds on their way to a major title, was beaten by World No. 1 Rafael Nadal 6-3, 7-5, 6-4 in the Wimbledon final on Sunday.

“Of course I'm disappointed," he said. "[This] was my first final. I hope I can work [on the] experience like I did [in] reaching [the Roland Garros] semi-finals in Paris. I think the only way how I can improve and be better is to play more of these matches. I think my biggest weapon [is] that I can play on all of those surfaces.”

The 24-year-old Berdych was competing at the All England Club for the seventh time (20-7 record). He hit 111 aces during the tournament, which was two aces fewer than leader John Isner, who hit 113 in his record-breaking 70-68 fifth-set win over Nicolas Mahut in the first round.

On Monday he will rise to a new career-high No. 8 in the South African Airways 2010 ATP Rankings. Berdych will also be attempting to qualify for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals at London in November.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … uture.aspx

#24 06-07-2010 09:10:04

Serenity

User

Puchar Davisa: Berdych nie pomoże swojej drużynie

Finalista wielkoszlemowego Wimbledonu, Tomas Berdych nie wspomoże swojej reprezentacji podczas ćwierćfinałowego spotkania Pucharu Davisa, w którym Czesi zmierzą się na kortach ziemnych w Coquimbo z Chile. Tenisista cierpi prawdopodobnie na uraz mięśni brzucha.

- Mam pewne problemy zdrowotne - powiedział tuż po przegranym finale z Rafaelem Nadalem. - Mam tylko jedno ciało, które rozegrało ogromną ilość spotkań. Nie jestem maszyną, muszę odpocząć - skomentował.

W czeskiej drużynie nie zagra także doświadczony Radek Stepanek. 31-letni zawodnik boryka się z kontuzją kolana.

W ubiegłym sezonie reprezentacja Czech zagrała w wielkim finale Pucharu Davisa. Wówczas nasi sąsiedzi musieli uznać wyższość Hiszpanii (0:5).

http://sport.onet.pl/tenis/puchar-davis … omosc.html

#25 06-07-2010 13:31:44

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2010 - wywiad po porażce w finale

Q. How good was Rafa today?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Yeah, he was really good. I mean, he was strong. I think the biggest difference between us was that when he get a chance, he just took it, you know. He give me one in the second set, one in the third set, and none of them I can, you know, bring it to my side and just made a break.

That just show how strong he is. I think it was just really about the small difference.

Q. We all know what makes Rafa so good on clay: his movement and his spin. What are the most difficult things about his grass court style of play?

TOMAS BERDYCH: You know, I think he can ‑‑ the things what he can do on the clay is that he's moving extremely well. You know, he can play really with a lot of spin, which makes him not to making almost any mistakes.

And on top of that, he just bring that, you know, he can play more aggressive on the faster court here, on the grass. It just makes him really dangerous.

Q. Can you talk about what your game strategy was going in and how you tried to vary it as it played out.

TOMAS BERDYCH: Well, I mean, it's tough to say that I don't have any strategy. But, of course, you know, I don't know if you can say like weaker parts of him ‑ it's not many of them ‑ and, you know, you just try play your best tennis.

You know, it's not like that you gonna go there and you know that he's doing something wrong or something like that. You know, it's the final, so you gonna face the toughest opponent in the draw, you know.

So it's really tough to find out some special tactic. So my strategy was just, you know, concentrate for myself, start well and, you know, waiting for some little chances.

But, as I said before, he took it, you know.

Q. Do you consider at this time Nadal the best and Federer behind him?

TOMAS BERDYCH: I mean, ranking shows that. So if it's fine like that, then yeah.

Q. What are your thoughts about the differences between the two of them right now?

TOMAS BERDYCH: I mean, you can see the differences when they gonna play each other. You cannot say that I beat Federer here and lost to Nadal, because every match is completely different.

So I don't want to judge it like that, that I play to one guy and lost to another opponent in the final. So, yeah, only what you can see is in the ranking, and that's it.

Q. There's only one slam that Nadal hasn't won yet: the US Open. What are your thoughts about his game on the hard courts at the Open?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Yeah, I think, you know, his results on hard court are, yeah, quite not that good as on the clay and on the grass. So maybe it could be the reason of, you know, the schedule of the tournament in the States which is quite a little bit later on in the season, and, you know, how he's struggling with the injuries and health.

So, you know, it could be the reason. But still, I mean, he never losted to bad opponent. So, you know, you need so many things to do the great results. I think it could wait for him this year, but who knows.

Q. Do you consider him the favorite at the Open?

TOMAS BERDYCH: I mean, it's tough to say right now favorite. You don't know what's gonna happen in next few days. It can happen anything. Whatever. Tough to say right now when the US Open's gonna be in two months.

Everybody can be favorite, you know.

Q. You're disappointed now, but you've had a superb tournament. You beat Federer; you beat Djokovic; you've had had a good season. Do you feel differently about your game now? What are your aims going forward? Do you think you can become a fixture in the top five as your game should allow you to be?

TOMAS BERDYCH: That's what I'm trying to do, you know. If I'm gonna get there and I'm gonna stay there for a couple of years, then I can tell you yes, I can do that. That's what I'm trying to do every day when I go for practice, for match, for everything.

So right now I'm still, yeah, climbing higher and higher. But still it can go little bit more. But just, you know, need more tournaments, more matches.

Q. What's been the difference for you this year?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Oh, yeah, I was talking about that many times. As I said, you know, just grow up a little bit, get older, get more experience. Can be more patient on court, but still can play my tennis, be aggressive, be more concentrated on court. That's it.

Q. Is it difficult to appreciate what you've done in the last couple weeks right now because of the disappointment, or do you feel inside it's been a great run?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Right now it's really tough, you know. I think it's same like when you win the match against those guys before. You just feeled great and you beat those players and you enjoying that, and then you needs to see something different.

But right now, of course I'm disappointing. You know, was my first final. It could go, you know, better than this. But still, you know, it was a lot of experience for me, and I hope if I can, you know, work with those experience like I did from experience of reaching semifinals in Paris, then when I get to the semis again, just go through.

So if I can do it same with the final, that would be great.

Q. What was the wind like today?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Yeah, was quite windy today.

Q. How did it affect things?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Well, affect? I mean, it was same for both of us. I mean, of course his game is I would say quite easier to play in the wind. But I needs to figure it out, how to play, as well, in the wind. I don't think it just play a big difference.

But, of course if I can just, you know, choose, then I don't like to play in the wind. But I can't, so I need to fight with it.

Q. Do you think the size of the occasion affected the way you played?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Definitely not.

Q. Even though your first serve was a bit slow to get going?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Well, slower than maybe the days before, but his was stronger. So, whatever. I mean, yeah. As you said, maybe it could be slower, but I don't think it played that much difference.

Q. What will you learn from this?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Oh, I mean, it's gonna be many things. Right now it's really tough to say what's, you know, the right things I just learn from that match. I mean, it's really many experience to just go on court, step there, to play my first final of Grand Slam.

Yeah, I mean, it's so many just emotional experience that you have no chance to learn from any other matches. So it's gonna be this ones. I think the only way how I can, you know, get improved and be better than right now is to play more of these matches.

You know, especially to play Rafa more because, you know, as I said, his biggest weapon is his left hand. It's not many players like that. It's really tough to, you know, find the right rhythm.

And I think more matches against him, then just I can get the feeling that I can do it better for next time. That's it.

Q. You proved that you're great on clay; you're great on grass; your game is probably best suited to hard court. What have you got ahead for the rest of the season from that point of view?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Yeah, if you just took it like this, by statistics, then only the good time is waiting for me ahead (smiling).

No, I mean, you never know what's gonna happen next day. So I cannot say what's gonna be on my next tournament.

Of course, I will do the same what I did for preparation right now and Paris every day, and we will see. Of course, my tennis, I hope it's the best for hard court.

But I think the better thing is that, you know, I can play well on all of those surfaces, which is really important for today's tennis, which is not only like that you gonna play on clay and it's enough for you, or just on the other ones.

So I think this is my biggest, you know, weapon, that I can play on all of those surfaces.

Q. Are you going to Bastad as planned?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Definitely I will just need to take some time to think about that, what I'm gonna do. So I cannot tell you now.

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/int … 09308.html

#26 11-08-2010 10:43:28

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Ranking ATP - 09.08.2010

7. Tomas Berdych (Czechy)

To najwyższa pozycja rankingowa w karierze finalisty tegorocznego Wimbledonu. Gratulacje.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#27 11-08-2010 11:39:35

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Berdych delighted with season so far

Tomas Berdych would not change a thing despite winning nothing so far this season but a victory at this week's Toronto Masters would confirm the Czech's status as a US Open dark horse.

A danger man on all surfaces having advanced to the Wimbledon final and the French Open semi-finals this year, he may well be at his best on the North American hard-courts where he reached the last eight at Indian Wells and the Miami final.

"Definitely," Darren Cahill, a former coach of Andre Agassi and Roger Federer, told Reuters when asked if Berdych could walk away from Flushing Meadows with the year's final Grand Slam.

"Like a lot of Czechs he is a late bloomer.

"His turnaround tournament was Indian Wells. The thing that's different now is he is playing with confidence, he can win matches when he's not playing well."

While tennis big guns world number one Rafael Nadal, number two Novak Djokovic and number three Roger Federer will launch their hardcourt campaigns in Toronto later this week, Berdych is already finding his footing on the pavement.

The 24-year-old Czech has one hard-court event under his belt, reaching the quarter-finals of the Washington Classic last week, and eased himself into the Toronto Masters with a 6-2 6-4 second-round win over Ukraine's Sergiy Stakhovsky.

After a plodding start to the season, Berdych has shot up the world rankings reaching a career high number seven without adding to his five ATP Tour titles.

While Berdych admitted the loss to Nadal in the Wimbledon final did linger, he said he would not trade his consistent run of play for one more victory.

"I was in two finals this year and (have) not won a tournament yet but I wouldn't change anything I did, for anything," said Berdych.

"So far I have had five (titles) and I would say right now it's just about the numbers.

"There are still a lot of tournaments to go and for me, I wouldn't say that it's a goal to just to win another title.

"For me it's important to play three, four, maybe five semis, some finals and have really good consistency than to win one tournament and then lose another four in the first round."

Berdych's season made a dramatic turn at Indian Wells where he reached the quarter-finals in March.

The following week he powered his way into the Miami final, beating Federer before falling to Andy Roddick.

The Czech was slow to find his form on clay but by the time he had reached Paris looked right at home at Roland Garros, taking out Andy Murray on way to the French Open semi-finals.

Berdych took it one step further at the All England Club, dispatching Federer in the quarter-finals and Djokovic in the semis to reach his first grand slam final.

"I hope I'm not done and I hope that still the bigger results are waiting for me," said Berdych.
Reuters

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/10082010/58/ … n-far.html

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#28 27-08-2010 12:08:02

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

The Buzz On Berdych

Tomas Berdych once seemed content with a Top 20 ranking, but no longer. He's now a genuine Grand Slam title contender and one of the favourites for the US Open.

It's early afternoon in Washington, D.C. and Tomas Berdych is standing in the middle of the plush lobby of the W Hotel. All six feet, five inches of him. Yet the only person taking any notice is fellow Czech, Michal Novotny (the personal physio of Ernests Gulbis), with whom Berdych is chatting casually. Berdych then sits down to conduct a video interview, yet hotel guests remain engaged in their conversations or buried in their Blackberries.

"If he was at a table of 20 people he'd just sit there quietly."

Welcome to the understated world of Tomas Berdych, who, like Russian Nikolay Davydenko, is more than happy to let his racquet do the talking. It's just part of his DNA.

"I've known Tomas ever since he was a junior playing in Prostějov and he was quiet even back then," says Czech veteran Radek Stepanek. "If he was at a table of 20 people he’d just sit there quietly. He wasn’t the one entertaining the table telling jokes or making fun of something."

After his giant-killing run to the Wimbledon final in July, Berdych didn't sign on for a series of parades or parties, not even a welcoming committee at the airport. The closest thing was a press conference in Prague. "There wasn't a lot of fuss like when the ice hockey team returned from the World Championships this year," Berdych says. "But it was still a big moment for Czech tennis and I had a nice press conference with the trophy. Maybe if I had have gone one match more it would have been bigger."

BerdychOn the court, however, Berdych has been making plenty of noise in 2010 after seemingly treading water for the past four years. Shortly before his run to the Wimbledon final – during which he took out six-time champion Roger Federer – Berdych also reached the Roland Garros semi-finals, in which he led Robin Soderling two sets to one. He now enters the US Open as a genuine title contender.

It's no surprise that Berdych, who also beat Federer en route to the Sony Ericsson Open final in March, has emerged as a legitimate Top 10 player and Grand Slam contender this year. That it's taken this long is harder to explain.

When he broke through to win the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 title in Paris in 2005 shortly after his 20th birthday, Berdych appeared on the fast track to the top of the men's game. But he went title-less the following year and lifted just one trophy a year in 2007, '08 and '09. For a time, it seemed that a comfortable place in the Top 20 was good enough for Berdych.

"Along with better movement and increased strength, he has been more confident in his shot selection."

"He won Bercy and [briefly] got to No. 9 in the world and everyone thought he was going to make his move," says former player, coach and now TV analyst Brad Gilbert. "Then the next few years he was the same. He wasn't doing anything different. And when you stay the same, guys figure out your tendencies as opposed to when you're young and they don't know you.

"What's happened now is that he's put in the hard yards and is in much better shape. He's improved his movement a ton. That was a weakness for him. Along with better movement and increased strength, he has been more confident in his shot selection. He's not bailing out and going for winners like he was before. He's trusting his movement. He's pulling the trigger from much better positions in the court and his shot selection has improved dramatically."

Berdych's decision in January 2009 to hire coach Tomas Krupa, who had worked with the super-fit and highly versatile Stepanek for seven years, was a pivotal moment in his career. In addition to improved movement, Berdych has added a slice backhand to his repertoire and isn't afraid to venture to the net.

BerdychStepanek says: "Working with my former coach has taught Tomas how to win points in more ways, including from the net, not just with big forehands. Adding these small things to the big serve and big ground strokes he already had has made a big difference.

"He's also really matured and you can see that in his mental approach. Before he would find a reason to hide from the situation on the court – blaming a bad line call or the wind, or something – but he's stopped doing that and is concentrated on every point."

Berdych is also riding the wave of success enjoyed by the new faces at the top of the game, including del Potro, Soderling and Cilic; players who believe that flatter is better. On the surface, the strategy seems counter-intuitive. The success of World No. 1 Rafael Nadal has its foundations in the most vicious topspin arsenal in the history of the game. Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray also hit with heavy spin. Additionally, those players are also arguably the four best athletes in the game, chasing down shots that in years gone by would have been clean winners.

So what's a less-nimble, lofty ball striker like Berdych, del Potro, Soderling or Cilic to do? Flatten it out, of course, and sacrifice spin for pace. Step into the court and let rip!

"We're not guys like Rafa who move exceptionally well and play great defense, so we have to bring something extra."

"It's one of the reasons some of the guys are playing flatter, without too much spin," Berdych says. "We're not guys like Rafa who move exceptionally well and play great defense, so we have to bring something extra. We're trying to use our biggest weapons."

Like any good doubles partner, Stepanek builds on Berdych's point: "When you take the ball early and hit flat, you're taking time away from guys who need some extra time to get ready to hit the topspin. You put your opponent under pressure right away."

Like most of his Top 10 brethren, Berdych has found a way to successfully adapt his game to all surfaces, evidenced this year by his run to the Miami final on hard court and his performances at Roland Garros on clay and Wimbledon on grass.

BerdychHis all-court success can be traced back to his early teens, when he would play outdoors on clay in the warmer months, but head indoors as the bitter cold set in. "Every time the winters came we’d go back indoors and one time the courts would be faster with a lower bounce and other times the court would be slower with a higher bounce," he explains. "At the time I wasn’t thinking that the variety would be an advantage for me in the future, but I think it has helped me to play well on all surfaces. Players today know that if they want to be one of the best in the world there is no way you can be just a clay court player or hard court player."

Also important in Berdych's development was the support of his parents to throw himself into sport. Despite both being professionals, (father Martin was a train engineer and his mother, Hana, is a doctor) Berdych's parents acquiesced to his desire to follow a career in tennis.

"At the start my father didn't have the thought of making me a professional, but he really liked the sport and took me almost every day to the courts. I still need to do all my school work, but my mother would joke that there was no way I would be a doctor and do all that study needed. When I was 10 or 12 she said in a funny way: 'Do whatever you want in life, but don't try to be a doctor.' That's why I started to be a tennis player. I think sport is much better [laughs]."

And tennis is how the reserved Czech has evolved into an entertainer, whether he likes it or not.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/DEUCE- … rdych.aspx

#29 11-10-2010 15:01:03

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Berdych Takes A Tour Of Expo 2010 Shanghai China

Wimbledon finalist Tomas Berdych paid a visit to one of the biggest attractions that China has ever put together, the fabulous Expo 2010 Shanghai China.

World No. 7 Berdych, followed in the footsteps of Roger Federer by visiting the centre piece of the Expo, the China Provinces Pavilion, where he posed for photographs on the elevated walkway with the massive red structure behind him.

“This is my fourth time in Shanghai and every time I come back here I see so many changes in the city; it is really amazing,” said Berdych. “The Expo is fabulous and so big. There are so many people here and it looks amazing. They have an incredible job in building this whole facility.”

The 25-year-old Czech then climbed aboard a VIP buggy and went to his own national pavilion, which was almost at the extreme end of the park, where he was met by the pavilion director and posed in ice hockey gear worn by the Czech Republic world champions

Towards the end of the tour he sent a video message back home. Federer visited the Expo on Sunday.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … -Expo.aspx

#30 11-11-2010 16:01:43

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Tomas Berdych zagra w WTF Londyn 2010.

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/11112010/58/ … s-win.html

Czech Tomas Berdych, Spaniard David Ferrer and Roddick had their places confirmed for London when Fernando Verdasco lost his third-round match.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#31 20-11-2010 02:34:08

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

BARCLAYS ATP WORLD TOUR FINALS

Berdych Flying Under The Radar
London, England

Tomas Berdych is confident he can rediscover his best form at The O2.
Debutant Tomas Berdych earned his place in the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals field largely thanks to beating Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic en route to reaching his first Grand Slam final at Wimbledon.

However, since his feat at SW19 in July, when he finished runner-up to Rafael Nadal in the championship match, the Czech has won just eight of 18 tour-level matches and suffered four first-round exits, leaving media wondering just what sort of impact he might be expected to make at The O2 next week.

Speaking at the London Marriott Hotel County Hall on Friday, though, the 25-year-old Berdych allayed such worries as he declared the season finale to be the perfect place for him to rediscover his best form.

Buy Finals Tickets  | Bid On Berdych’s Art Of Tennis Self-Portrait

“I think it’s going to be a really different situation for me here because the time after Wimbledon was huge expectation for me,” explained Berdych. “It was a new experience but now I know how to deal with that.

“Right now I’m in a different position because I was the sixth one [to qualify] and almost everyone I’m going to play will be the favourite. So I just need to try my best and I like better this situation where I don’t have to show that I have to win all those matches. I’m looking forward to all of them.”

The Czech player is also relishing the chance to play once more in the city where he achieved his best result on a tennis court. “Every time I see anything from London, from Wimbledon, it just comes back to my mind. It’s really nice to have this kind of feeling that I can get back to the city where I reached, so far, my best result. It’s really nice to be back here, I like the city, I’m enjoying the place; it’s nice.”

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … Radar.aspx

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#32 24-12-2010 15:05:55

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

2010 w liczbach

Ranking: 6
Bilans gier: 45-26
Tytuły: 0
Finały: 2 (Miami, Wimbledon)
Zarobki: $2,509,122

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#33 28-12-2010 11:24:12

jaccol55

Administrator

The Last Word: ATP No. 6, Tomas Berdych

http://www.tennis.com/articles/articlefiles/9409-201011261108401209872-p2@stats_com.jpg
Berdych was a major factor at the majors
this season, but didn't take home a title of any kind.

Best of 2010

Berdych blasted Roger Federer’s streak of seven consecutive Wimbledon finals apart with a quarterfinal conquest, then blew away Novak Djokovic in the semis. He became the first Czech to reach the Wimbledon men’s final since Ivan Lendl in 1987.

Worst of 2010

The 6-foot-5 hockey fan owns a sledgehammer serve and slap-shot forehand, but has long been regarded as an ultra-talented underachiever skating on emotional thin ice. He smashed that stereotype by reaching the French Open semis and Wimbledon final, but Berdych didn’t back up those results afterward. He slumped to a 9-14 record post-Wimbledon, failing to score back-to-back wins in his final nine tournaments.

Year in Review

It was a schizophrenic season for the 25-year-old, who contested his first Grand Slam semi and final, saved a match point to beat Roger Federer in Miami, qualified for his first season-ending championships and concluded the season with a career-high rank of No. 6. But the euphoria was tempered as Berdych was 0-2 in finals—his last title came in May 2009—and he staggered to the finish line, a non-factor in his final 11 tournaments. Berdych’s strong first half undeniably lost some luster by the end of the season.

See for Yourself

Wielding his powerful inside-out forehand, Berdych saved a break point when serving for the match and continued to fire away in ending Federer’s Wimbledon reign:

The Last Word

The biggest challenges Big Berd faces going forward are playing with poise under pressure and defining himself as a competitor. Is he capable of controlling play against any opponent with his fierce first serve and ferocious ground strokes, or is he an incredible talent who lacks the grit, guts and competitive backbone to break through and win a major? Lendl himself faced similar questions before winning the 1984 French Open at age 24—he lost his first four major finals. The encouraging news for Berdych is he finished fifth on tour in service games won (87 percent). If he can continue to hold serve at that rate, he will be in most matches, but he must become a more convincing closer: Berdych was 12-12 in decisive set in 2010.

—Richard Pagliaro

http://www.tennis.com/articles/template … 9&zoneid=9

#34 17-01-2011 21:41:28

Serenity

User

AO 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 1 rundzie

Q. The match for you must have been a nice way to get into the tournament, fairly comfortable?
TOMAS BERDYCH: Yeah, of course. I mean, starting like that, it's always a pretty good start, you know, not to make it quite complicated, just go, you know, like focus since the first points until the last one.

The match could be long, could turn over in any moment of the match, so just really try to go, you know, point by point and making more and more pressure to the opponent and just try to go through as I did today.

Q. A nice, short match like that, you must be feeling good afterwards.

TOMAS BERDYCH: Of course. Every time that you can save some small amount of energy and keep it for the next one, it's always good.

But the other way, if you have to stay on court three, four hours more to make the game win, just how it is. But this is much better option.

Q. How important was the crowd?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Well, it's nice, you know. I think it's just part of the Melbourne tournament that, you know, kind of these groups from all the countries, you know, just the fans coming to support their player and just having fun, you know, screaming some funny things and enjoying and having fun from the tennis.

I think I like it. It's great that I can have the support like this, especially that far away from Czech. Just enjoying that.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 86713.html

#35 23-01-2011 11:57:12

Serenity

User

AO 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 4 rundzie

Q. Was that a good match for you now approaching the finals?
TOMAS BERDYCH: Finals? Which finals?

Q. Quarterfinals.

TOMAS BERDYCH: Quarterfinals sure, sorry. I didn't hear. Yeah, definitely. It was a great match for me today. Only maybe the beginning of the first set that I lost my serve, and then needs to fight back for next two games to get it back. That was really tough one and was very important for me, because I think it was a kind of really key of the match.

Then he went a little bit down, and I took over him and starts to play really well with confidence. Then I was playing really the game what I want to do and I was playing well.

Q. Did the scoreline surprise you? It was pretty straight sets win. Did you expect more from him?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Well, I mean, I'm expecting first of all what I'm going to do on court and how is my game going to be and then what's the other going to do it's not too important for me. Just a matter of my game and my game was great today.

I was playing well. Just looks that it was, yeah, straight three sets.

Q. Nine unforced errors in nearly two hours. Can you recall having a Grand Slam match of that standard?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Yeah, I mean, it's definitely one of the parts of my game that I was trying to improve, that I can still be aggressive enough on court but not with too many mistakes. That's the way what I need to go.

You know, to do it in the fourth round of the Grand Slam with an opponent like this it's even better for me. Just showed that all the hard work what we've done with my coach was good, was working. I hope I can keep it up.

Q. If it worries you at all, but everyone before a championship talks about Federer, Nadal, Murray, Djokovic. I think people forget about you and how good you are. Does that get under your skin a little bit?

TOMAS BERDYCH: No, definitely not. I mean, probably it's just the way of for me, just way of I can just smile about those things. You know, that's just the way of somebody around the courts are talking about someone possible winners and stuff like that.

For me, the important one is go on court and play well and doesn't matter what's going to happen. So far I'm in quarterfinals, so doing well. Beat all the guys that I was like in the ranking behind which is important for me. Now pretty much we will see.

Q. Does it bother you at all when Lucie loses and it's a very close match? Have you ever had a time in the past where that discourages you?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Well, I think she did a great match yesterday. That's the match is what she needs. You know, similar situation that I had couple years ago that she likes to play big matches, but they are just close. To beat second player in the world is not every day. Probably she's on the good run. If that's going to keep it like that, going to stay healthy. Just show that she can play well and she can make some trouble of the big players as well.

I think she did a good job.

Q. Is it discouraging that she plays so well and hitting the winners and the other player is being defensive, just that little bit in the second set. She was hitting bigger shots than Zvonareva. Zvonareva was very defensive and it was too bad because maybe she had chances.

TOMAS BERDYCH: Yeah, I mean, she had chances, but that's the way what she's playing. Pretty much we had a similar game. I was, yeah, kind of similar like she, that I was like to play aggressive. But if you want to do better, then you still need to bring something more to the game. That was the thing that I was talking there, you know, stay more patient as well. Too much mistakes.

Yeah, that's the way of all like steps in the career. I think she knows what she needs to do, and she's going to do it well.

Q. It's been suggested that the courts here are as slow as a lot of players can remember. Do you think that suits you or not at all?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Tough to say. I just lost one set. I'm in quarterfinals. Pretty much it suits well.

Q. Looking forward to playing on Rod Laver?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Well, I hope so. Maybe. Even maybe we going to go Show Court 3. Just depends. Doesn't matter.

Q. You played so many times on Show Court 3 or Margaret Court. Do you feel really comfortable there?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Yeah, it's a nice court. I mean, it's nice to play there. So far win almost all matches I played there. Yeah, I mean, I'm feeling good there.

But, you know, I mean, it's just the way of the next round is going to be on the other arenas, and so far I have only win in Wimbledon center court. Hopefully I can do it here and have some winning matches on center here as well.

Q. Can you let us know how you got the cheer squad? Where did they come from?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Yeah, it's already kind of long story, because I met them really like four, maybe five years ago already. At the time, they were like three, four, maybe five of them. As you can see these days, there is like 15, 20 young people.

You know, they just coming here. I had a chance last year. They came to Brisbane as well, Kooyong this year. They really enjoy it. Especially this time in Australia it's the holidays. They're staying here. They're all Aussies, so it's no one from Czech in this group. For me, it's great to have this kind of support.

It's just really nice.

Q. Do you know whether they're all from here or other parts of Australia?

TOMAS BERDYCH: I don't know. Pretty much there is quite many of them that I wouldn't know all the places that they are living. But pretty much they are from these kind of areas around Melbourne.

Q. Do you have anywhere else in the world where grown, bare chested men hug each other and cheer you on?

TOMAS BERDYCH: No, no. Definitely not. I mean, that's really a nice part of this tournament. As you can see, also in the other groups, you know, like the Spanish and Croatian people, all the other, Sweden. It's always part of this Grand Slam. It's very nice that I can be one of the players that have this really nice group. They're just enjoying holidays, coming every day for the tennis. I think they have fun.

Q. Have they asked you for tickets?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Yeah, I have to do tickets for them.

Q. Particularly on the big courts, is it going to be difficult to get them in?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Yeah, definitely it will be. We'll see. Try my best.

Q. How do you like the matchup with Djokovic?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Well, I just to have try to forget the last two meetings that we did together and try to think about the match we played in London actually in Wimbledon.

But on the other way, very important is just going to be try to look what's happen before. The important thing is going to be what I'm going to do on court and try to concentrate the game I was playing, especially today, the day before, and try to, you know, continue with this game, with this my aggression game. That's going to be the way of kind of my preparation.

Q. When things are not going too well, do you think back to Wimbledon?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Well, it's already past. You know, it's not the way that I would be on court, not feeling good and that I would be sitting and, Well, you know, thinking back what happened in Wimbledon. It's already half year ago. You know, it's a great results, of course, but it's not time to be thinking about that on court or before the matches.

You can just think about that, I don't know, when you're sitting at home and just talking about tennis or whatever. But not before the game or in the game. That's not time for that. You need to just be really focused what's coming up in the next point and that's it.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 09053.html

#36 25-01-2011 13:06:54

Serenity

User

AO 2011 - wywiad po porażce w ćwierćfinale

Q. Were you disappointed with your form? Was Novak in the zone? How do you assess the match?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Yeah, pretty much I can be disappointed with the second set. I took over a little bit and was playing well, aggressive enough, and somehow he starts to make at least a couple of mistakes that give me a chance to have a break.

Then just lost the set very close in the tiebreak where was also a bit lucky. That's just a part of it. The other two sets he was quite dominating and he was playing really well today.

Q. Overall, are you happy with how you've played through the tournament and where you're at with your game?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Yeah, of course. It's pretty solid start to the year, finishing quarterfinals here in Melbourne. That's what I was looking for before the tournament, at least to get quarterfinals.

Then you play third player in the world. It could go anyway and it's not that you can beat him every day. I don't know. I was trying to do my best, and, you know, he was better.

So that's just how it is. It was a solid and pretty good two weeks.

Q. He seems to be on a bit of a roll with the Davis Cup through this month as well. Where do you think he is, and can he go all the way?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Well, it's tough to say, you know. He's going to play Roger next match, and that's always tough. I think that Roger is really on the top form and playing really well.

He's playing a bit different style, but, you know, this surface suit Novak pretty well. He likes to be different. He like to just running from side to side. That's really good for him, this one. He can slide, get to every ball, and it's going to be interesting match.

Q. Czech Republic has played incredible tennis last two years in Davis Cup finals. Semifinal last year. Do you think with Kazakhstan, first round at home, you can still have a nice progression to the final stages?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Finally we play at home, so I'm happy for that. You know, we can get back to home crowd and home place.

The other thing that, as you just mentioned, we're playing Kazakhstan first round. That's where we need to start. That's it. None of us are thinking about any other standings of the draw or any other opponents.

First of all, we need to beat Kazakhstan, and maybe we can go far away.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 57676.html

#37 11-04-2011 13:01:03

jaccol55

Administrator

BERDYCH SETS SAIL ABOARD TUIGA CLASSIC YACHT

http://www.monte-carlorolexmasters.com/~/media/4C05E4153E974BD6A717A06E49D65511.ashx
Tomas Berdych joined the crew of TUIGA
on its first training session of the season.

Monaco resident Tomas Berdych sailed on board the famous TUIGA classic yacht on Saturday ahead of the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters. The Czech was welcomed by the General Secretary Bernard D’Alessandri.

Saturday marked the first day of training for the crew of TUIGA, the Admiral Vessel of the Yacht Club de Monaco, as it prepares for the 2011 Regatta season, which is highlighted by the Monaco Classic Week from 14-18 September.

“It was one of the nicest tournament activities I've ever done,” declared Berdych. “The boat is amazing; it was my first time sailing. The view of Monaco was amazing and the whole crew of TUIGA was so friendly. I look forward to sailing again as the (Monaco) Yacht Club has invited me back.”

The Czech player is seeded fifth at next week’s Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters, the first event of the European clay-court swing. He will open his campaign at the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournament against either a qualifier or Argentine Juan Ignacio Chela.

http://www.monte-carlorolexmasters.com/ … -Sail.aspx

#38 21-05-2011 16:08:06

Joao

Buntownik z wyboru

Nieznane oblicze Tomasa Berdycha - część 1

Najlepszy czeski tenisista – Tomas Berdych świetnie czuje się również reprezentując swoją ojczyznę w Pucharze Davisa. Poznaj inne oblicze Czecha, który z lubością spaceruje po stokach Beskidów, przesiaduje w skansenach, namawia tatę, aby zarzucił jazdę lokomotywą, a przed mamą odkrył uroki Nowego Jorku.Słońce nieśmiało przedziera się przez korony drzew. W załomach skał nie słychać nawet delikatnych podmuchów wiatru. Przed wiekami stoki Beskidów pokrywały nieprzebrane knieje, dziś można stąpać po igliwiu kierując się znakami drzewnymi wymalowanymi przez pracowników lokalnego biura turystycznego. Uciec od zgiełku cywilizacji, oczyścić ciało z insektów, zapatrzeć się w morze zieleni, wykąpać umysł w beztroskim lenistwie - to dziś bezcenne. Nasz intelekt jest tak nabrzmiały od tysięcy przeróżnych danych, którymi nakłuwa nas krwiożercza codzienność, że aż kusi człowieka, aby przebrać się w szaty wojów i złożyć hołd Radegastowi. Prastarzy Słowianie mawiali Radogost. Ich wnuki przemianowały imię pogańskiego bożka na Redigast, do dziś przetrwał jako Radegast. Wystarczy ująć w dłonie dwie szyszki i wyruszyć na szlak prowadzący na Radhoszt, przepiękny szczyt (1129 metrów n.p.m.) w Beskidach, aby zaznać błogostanu. Jedna szyszka odpowiada słówku rad, czyli miły, druga zwie się gost, a więc gość. Można wnioskować, że Radegast, czczony przez połabskich Słowian był opiekunem gości. Od najdawniejszych czasów Słowianie uważali gościnność za najwyższą cnotę i obowiązek wobec wędrowców. Jednakże rozmaite podania ludowe zaświadczają, że Radegast nie zawsze był dobrotliwym bożkiem. Atrybutem Radegasta była m.in. potężnych rozmiarów siekiera. Pogański bożek mścił się, gdy nie przestrzegano jego przykazań, a siekierą łamał opór tych, którzy dopuszczali się niegodziwości. Lud przedstawiał go zarówno nagiego jak i w szatach. Mógł mieć głowę lwa, na której gęś siedziała, a na piersiach miał głowę bawolą, choć niektórzy twierdzili, że owa głowa tura przypomina. - To były niezwykłe czasy. Polecam wyprawę z górskiej miejscowości wypoczynkowej Pustevny na szczyt Radhoszta - mówi najlepszy czeski tenisista, Tomas Berdych. Warto zatopić się w posągu Radegasta, który znajduje się na zboczu wierzchołka Radhoszta. A potem podejść na sam szczyt i zwiedzić drewnianą kaplicę świętego Cyryla i Metodego, żeby uzmysłowić sobie jaką drogę przebyliśmy od czczenia pogańskich bożków do chrystianizacji. Widok ze szczytu i spokój tych gór jest najlepszym lekarstwem. Nie potrzebujesz recepty, nie musisz martwić się, że tego leku zabraknie w aptece. Załóż buty, zapakuj dobry humor i zadumę do plecaka, a oczyścisz się stokroć lepiej niż w niejednym spa. Spacer po Beskidach to cudowne przeżycie - twierdzi Tomas Berdych, skromny człowiek z Valasske Mezirici. Rozsławia Morawy na całym świecie, ale za żadne skarby nie opuściłby rodzinnych stron. Może zajadać się truskawkami ze śmietaną przy Church Road, próbować steka na australijskim outbacku, skusić się na żabie udka w luksusowej paryskiej restauracji czy rewelacyjne burritos w meksykańskim Zacatecas, ale miłość do Moraw jest silniejsza od klejnotów całego świata. - Z mojego rodzinnego miasta - Valasske Mezirici jest bardzo blisko do pasma górskiego, które nosi nazwę Hostynske Vrchy. Bazylika Wniebowziętej Panny Marii w Svatym Hostyne, droga krzyżowa autorstwa Dusana Jurkovicza, niezliczone pamiątki ludowe, drewniane mosty, tartak w Rajnochovicach. Jest też bunkier u Mikuluvky, w którym bronili się partyzanci podczas II wojny światowej. Niezwykle piękna jest pamiątkowa lipa w Katerzinicach, której obwód wynosi 630 centymetrów. I oczywiście doskonałe wina z uroczej wioski Horni Lapać - mówi Berdia. Tak od małego wołano na Tomasa w domu i tak dziś zwracają się do niego słowiańscy koledzy z tenisowej szatni. Valassko... Kraina zamieszkana przez ludzi o silnych charakterach, ludzi pracowitych, którzy po spełnieniu zawodowych obowiązków, lubią napić się wybornej śliwowicy. Sława morawskiej śliwowicy jest tak wielka, że najbardziej znany amerykański dziennikarz tenisowy, Budd Collins, z uśmiechem na ustach zakrada się w strefę okupowaną przez czeskich oraz słowackich dziennikarzy i pyta: gdzie jest moja śliwowica? To klasyczny obrazek jaki można zaobserwować pod koniec Australian Open. Kiedy nadchodzi czas finałów, w biurze prasowym daje się wyczuć lekkie rozluźnienie. Dziennikarze nie relacjonują już wydarzeń z 24 kortów, tylko analizują horoskop Rafaela Nadala, dropszoty Andy’ego Murraya, kolor spódniczki Marii Szarapowej i decybele wydobywające się z płuc Sereny Williams. Wówczas Budd Collins podchodzi do Andrieja Bućko, najlepszego słowackiego dziennikarza i pyta gdzie jest buteleczka wyśmienitej śliwowicy rodem z Moraw. Wtedy wychodzi na jaw słowiańska gościnność, nawiązuje się serdeczna konwersacja, a po kilku rundach, tudzież stolikowych gemach, Słowacy prawią: "Budd, czemu wcześniej nie mówiłeś, że jesteś fanem śliwowicy?!". Małżonka Budda przygląda się tej scenie z zatroskaniem, bo wie, że wtedy jej ukochany pisarz zapełniłby wszystkie szpalty dziennika "The Age"...

Tomas Berdych przemierzył wielokrotnie beskidzkie ścieżki. - Za dzieciaka włóczyłem się po tych pięknych terenach. Polecam je każdemu miłośnikowi przyrody. Tak cudnych widoków nie ma w żadnym miejscu na świecie. Tu człowiek naprawdę oddycha. Żałuję jedynie, że nie mogę poszusować na nartach. Sezon tenisowy trwa praktycznie cały rok, a gdybym odniósł kontuzję na stoku, mógłbym spaść na łeb na szyję w światowym rankingu. A więc narty muszę odłożyć na czas sportowej emerytury... - mówi Berdia.

Rejon, z którego pochodzi Tomas Berdych zapisał się złotymi zgłoskami w dziejach światowego narciarstwa. W mieście Frensztat pod Radhosztem urodził się i mieszka po dziś dzień mistrz olimpijski w skokach narciarskich z igrzysk w Grenoble w 1968 roku - Jiri Raszka. Berdia nigdy nie chciał pójść w ślady Pavla Ploca i Jiriego Parmy (również urodzonego we Frensztacie pod Radhosztem mistrza świata z Oberstdorfu z 1987 roku), ale dałby wiele, gdyby mógł rekreacyjnie uprawiać narciarstwo alpejskie. Zamiłowanie do pokonywania stoków wyssał z mlekiem matki. - Mój mąż ponad wszystko kocha swoją pracę - mówi Hana Berdychova, mama Tomasa. - Jest maszynistą, dałby się pokroić za te swoje lokomotywy. Tryb jego pracy sprawiał, że często zastępowałam Tomasowi tatę. Kiedy dorastał, wsiadałam na rower, do bagażnika wrzucałam dwie skakanki, a Tomas biegł za mną lub obok mnie. Za cel wypraw obieraliśmy sobie okoliczne wzgórza. Zatrzymywaliśmy się w połowie drogi na szczyt wzniesienia. Wyjmowałam skakanki z bagażnika, a syn zapamiętale ćwiczył ze mną. Skakał przez obie nogi, potem przez jedną nogę. Gdy miał już dość, wsiadałam na rower i zjeżdżałam powolutku z górki, a Tomas zbiegał za mną. To były piękne chwile, dlatego bardzo przeżyłam moment kiedy w wieku 11 lat syn wyjechał z domu do Prostejova z zamiarem trenowania tenisa - wspomina Hana Berdychova.

autor: Tomasz Lorek

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2011/ … a-czesc-1/

Człowiek, jak każda małpa, jest zwierzęciem społecznym, a społeczeństwo rządzi się kumoterstwem, nepotyzmem, lewizną i plotkarstwem, uznając je za podstawowe normy postępowania etycznego. (Cień wiatru - Carlos Ruiz Zafon)

#39 23-05-2011 21:10:19

Serenity

User

RG 2011 - konferencja po porażce w 1 rundzie.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/multi … 000a6.html

#40 28-05-2011 17:12:40

Joao

Buntownik z wyboru

Nieznane oblicze Tomáša Berdycha - część 2

Najlepszy czeski tenisista - Tomáš Berdych świetnie czuje się również reprezentując swoją ojczyznę w Pucharze Davisa. Poznaj inne oblicze Czecha, który z lubością spaceruje po stokach Beskidów, przesiaduje w skansenach, namawia tatę, aby zarzucił jazdę lokomotywą, a przed mamą odkrył uroki Nowego Jorku.

Zanim doszło do wzruszającej sceny (mamy zawsze ogromnie przeżywają nawet krótkotrwałe rozstanie z dzieckiem), mały Berdia połknął tenisowego bakcyla. Tata, Martin Berdych, zakochany w kolei żelaznej, lubił rekreacyjnie grywać w tenisa. Często zabierał syna na korty. W końcu Tomas zaczął odbijać piłeczkę. Kiedy Berdia miał 8 lat, wypatrzył go trener Arnoszt Vaszek. Arnoszt jął przekonywać Martina Berdycha, że syn ma ogromny talent i warto pomyśleć o regularnych treningach. "Początki były... różne - opowiada Martin. Raz się Tomasowi chciało grać, innym razem nie miał najmniejszej ochoty biegać po korcie. Łatwo odczytywałem z wyrazu jego twarzy kiedy jego myśli wędrowały poza kort, a ćwiczenie serwisu było ostatnią rzeczą na którą miał ochotę. Ale nigdy nie odmawiał. Ilekroć proponowałem, że pójdziemy na kort, zawsze wyrażał zgodę" - przyznaje wzruszony tata. Tomas jest jedynakiem. "Berdia to grzeczne dziecko, ale były momenty kiedy lubił postawić na swoim - mówi mama. Oponował kiedy prosiłam go, aby bardziej przykładał się do odrabiania lekcji, bo sama wiem ile czasu poświęciłam na studia medyczne. Jednak kiedy zauważyłam z jakim entuzjazmem rusza z mężem na korty, wiedziałam, że w dorosłym życiu nie będzie leczył ludzi" - wyznaje pani doktor Hana Berdychova.

- Pamiętam, że gdy miałem 12 lat, mama zażartowała sobie widząc styl w jakim odrabiam lekcje. Stanęła przy stoliku, na którym leżały rozłożone książki i widząc mój "zapał" powiedziała: wiesz co, kochanie? Rób co chcesz jak dorośniesz, tylko błagam: nie zostań lekarzem. Dlatego postawiłem na tenis, bo sport jest łatwiejszy niż studiowanie medycyny - śmieje się Tomas. Tata Martin i syn Tomas po raz ostatni rozegrali mecz kiedy Berdia miał 13 lat. - Uznałem, że czas najwyższy, aby zajęli się nim profesjonaliści - mówi Martin. - Od tamtej pory nie udzielam synowi rad. Ma wokół siebie sztab ludzi, którzy się na tym znają. Teraz jestem klasycznym kibicem w kapciach, który ogląda tenis w telewizji. Siedzę w wygodnym fotelu i na wszystkim najlepiej się znam! - śmieje się tata Martin. W głębi duszy, ojcu nie podoba się zbyt przeładowany kalendarz startów syna. Martin bardzo denerwował się kiedy w marcu 2011 roku Berdia dźwigał ciężar odpowiedzialności za wynik reprezentacji w meczu Pucharu Davisa: Czechy - Kazachstan. Kadra prowadzona przez Jaroslava Navratila, byłego trenera Berdycha, przegrała w Ostrawie z Kazachstanem 2 – 3. Pod nieobecność chorego Radka Stepanka, Berdia rozegrał dwa trudne mecze w singlu oraz wystąpił w deblu z Lukasem Dlouhym. Po dwóch dniach Czesi prowadzili 2 – 1, ale Kazachowie zagrali fenomenalnie w niedzielę i wygrali oba mecze w singlu. Berdia był bezradny w pojedynku z fantastycznie dysponowanym Andriejem Gołubiewem. - Gdyby Gołubiew grał cały sezon tak jak przeciwko mojemu synowi, byłby tenisistą z pierwszej dziesiątki rankingu. Wszystko mu wychodziło, a Berdia był przemęczony. Tomas nie jest już taki młody, nie może tak bardzo eksploatować organizmu. Rozegrał wiele pięciosetowych spotkań w Wielkim Szlemie, powinien się oszczędzać. Boję się o niego - dodaje z troską tata Martin. Syn również przejmuje się, gdy ojciec bladym świtem wstaje z łóżka i zmierza na stację kolejową, aby jak co dzień prowadzić lokomotywę Ceskych Drah. - Tłumaczę tacie, żeby podarował sobie tak absorbującą pracę, bo zdrowie już nie to co kiedyś, a poza tym zarobiłem już tyle pieniędzy, że mogę pomóc tacie jeśli nie jest zadowolony z zarobków. Wtedy obraża się i mówi: ty młodzieńcze, nie skreślaj starego Martina, bo jeszcze niejeden raz wyruszę w kurs. Wiem, wiem, tata musi pracować, bo on nie potrafi inaczej żyć. To uczciwy, porządny człowiek, który lubi czuć się potrzebny i kocha swoje pociągi tak samo jak moją mamę! - Berdia darzy rodziców gigantycznym szacunkiem.

Tomas często namawia rodziców, aby podróżowali z nim na turnieje, aby oderwali się od znoju codziennych zajęć, ale Martin i Hana nauczeni są, że grosz należy szanować, a nie szastać nim, bo nigdy nie wiadomo kiedy karta się odwróci. Byli z synem w Dubaju, przyjechali na finał Wimbledonu’2010, w którym Berdia grał z Rafą Nadalem, ale nie przepadają za tułaczką po świecie. Wyjątkiem jest... Nowy Jork. - Co roku jeździmy na US Open - mówi Hana Berdychova. - Nowy Jork to niezwykłe miasto. Nadzwyczajna mozaika całego świata. Są takie miejsca w Nowym Jorku, które nawet w staruszku wyzwoliłyby pokłady energii i przekonały go, że jeszcze sporo może w życiu zwojować. Człowiek otrzymuje niezwykłą dawkę pozytywnego myślenia. Nowy Jork ma też inną twarz. Cisza, odludzie, człowiek ma czas, aby porozmawiać z własną duszą i zaszyć się w oazie spokoju. Nie przepadamy z mężem za włóczęgostwem, ale Nowy Jork ma w sobie to coś - zachwyca się Hana. Berdia od najmłodszych lat zdradzał ochotę do częstych podróży. W grupie rówieśników, czy to w przedszkolu czy w szkole, nie błyszczał, praktycznie przemykał niezauważony. Jednak, gdy nadchodził czas szkolnej wycieczki, był najspokojniejszy ze wszystkich uczniów. - Syn nie wyróżniał się w grupie. Przykładał się do lekcji, chodził na zajęcia, ale nigdy nie był przywódcą w grupie. Jednak kiedy rodzice odprowadzali swoje pociechy na dworzec kolejowy, płaczom i histerii nie było końca. Tylko mój Berdia nie lękał się wyjazdu. A kiedy szkolna wycieczka obejmowała wyjazd za granicę, Tomas był prawdziwą oazą spokoju. Dziś przydaje mu się to podczas częstych wojaży - mówi mama Hana. Opinię pani doktor potwierdza reprezentacyjny kolega Berdycha, człowiek, który uwielbia być duszą towarzystwa, Radek Stepanek. - Pamiętam, że jeszcze w czasach kiedy Berdia był juniorem, często trenowaliśmy w Prostejovie. Kiedy przy stole siedziało 20 osób, Tomas nie pisnął nawet słowa. Był cichy i spokojny. Nie opowiadał dowcipów, nie błyszczał w towarzystwie. Tak jest do dziś, choć pamiętam taki wieczór, kiedy Tomas pokazał inne oblicze... - tajemniczo uśmiecha się Radek. We wrześniu 2009 roku Czesi grali wyjazdowe spotkanie w półfinale Grupy Światowej Pucharu Davisa. W kraju stopniowo narastało nerwowe oczekiwanie, bo tego roku czeska armada pod wodzą Jaro Navratila grała jak z nut. W marcu Czesi pokonali w Ostrawie faworyzowanych Francuzów, w lipcu po zaciętym pojedynku pokonali Argentyńczyków. Wrześniowy pojedynek ze znakomitym zespołem Chorwacji zapowiadał się ekscytująco. Czechom marzył się finał Pucharu Davisa, Stepanek był w życiowej formie, dzielnie wspierał go Berdia, w odwodzie zostawał świetny deblista Lukas Dlouhy. Czescy kibice wsiedli do aut i w licznej grupie przybyli do chorwackiej miejscowości Poreć. To przecudne miejsce położone nad morzem. W 117 roku przed naszą erą osadę podbili Rzymianie i nazwali ją Julia Parentinum. Do dziś w Poreć można podziwiać fascynującą bazylikę Eufrazjana. W miasteczku żyje 11 tysięcy mieszkańcow, ale w ciągu roku tą perełkę na półwyspie Istria odwiedza blisko 800 tysięcy turystów. W środę poprzedzającą pojedynek Chorwatów z Czechami odbyła się uroczysta kolacja dla członków obu ekip. To tradycja w Pucharze Davisa. Kiedy w lipcu 2009 roku Czesi podejmowali w Ostrawie Argentyńczyków, wpadli na oryginalny pomysł zorganizowania wieczerzy w sztolni. Juan Martin del Potro zjechał do kopalni wraz z kolegami, zwiedził przepiękne korytarze, wygłupiał się dzwoniąc ze starego kopalnianego telefonu do Buenos Aires, a potem gości z Ameryki Południowej podjęto uroczystą kolacją w jednej z największych kopalnianych sal. Z kolei Chorwaci zaprosili Czechów do eleganckiej hotelowej restauracji z widokiem na morze. Cilić, Karlović, Zovko, Karanusić świetnie bawili się w towarzystwie Stepanka, Berdycha, Dlouhego i Hajka. Obaj kapitanowie: Jaro Navratil i Goran Prpić też tryskali humorem. Gdy zbliżała się godzina 22, czescy tenisiści wstali od stołów i jak na komendę zaczęli kierować się ku wyjściu z sali. Wtedy nieoczekiwanie głos zabrał wokalista zespołu muzycznego, który przygrywał tenisistom obu ekip do kolacji. - Czesi, zanim wyjdziecie, lepiej mnie posłuchajcie - odezwał się chorwacki wokalista. - Wasi koledzy z Chile i USA też opuszczali salę jako pierwsi. Jak zapewne pamiętacie, zarówno Chile jak i USA przegrały z Chorwacją. Radzę wam zatem, żebyście jednak zostali - głos zamilkł, po czym ze sceny popłynęło morze nut. Słysząc to, Stepanek i Berdia zdjęli marynarki, ruszyli do stołów jak sprinterzy z bloków startowych i kontynuowali biesiadę. - Pamiętam, że Berdia zdjął wtedy krawat, chichraliśmy się do późna, muzycy pięknie grali. Chcieliśmy odczarować Chorwację. Kapitan nie był zbyt szczęśliwy, że zostaliśmy przy stole, ale cóż było robić kiedy Berdia przełamał się. Pomyślałem, że to dobry znak przed półfinałem - powiedział Radek. Tak było w istocie. W piątek, w pierwszym singlowym meczu, na chorwackiej mączce, Stepanek stoczył porywający bój z Ivo Karloviciem. Czech pokonał Chorwata po 5 godzinach i 59 minutach gry!!! Wynik w piątym secie brzmiał: 16 – 14 dla Stepanka. Karlović miał 78 asów serwisowych, a mimo to, przegrał mecz. - Czuję się jakbym rozegrał 10 - rundową walkę w zawodowym boksie - mówił Ivo po spotkaniu z Radkiem. To żadna nowina dla Chorwata. W 2005 roku podczas meczu pierwszej rundy Wimbledonu, Ivo zaserwował 51 asów i przegrał z Daniele Braccialim, a cztery lata później podczas pierwszej rundy Roland Garros Karlović miał 55 asów, a i tak przegrał w 5 setach z Lleytonem Hewittem. W Poreć Ivo wyśrubował rekord, ale radował się Stepanek. Czescy fani wywiesili transparent z kulinarną metaforą "Karlović na żaru a’la Stepec, Ćevap Cilić a’la Berdia". Czescy tenisiści zadbali o właściwe menu. Na fali triumfu Stepanka, Berdia po 5 setowej bitwie (prowadził już 2-0) pokonał Cilicia, a w sobotę debel: Stepanek – Berdych przesądził o losach półfinału pokonując w 3 setach parę: Karlović – Zovko. Czesi oszaleli z radości. - To był niezwykły weekend - wspomina Tomas. - Awansowaliśmy do finału Pucharu Davisa. Pamiętam, że jako mały chłopiec uwielbiałem oglądać mecze Pucharu Davisa w telewizji, choć były one rzadko pokazywane na antenie. Nie zapomnę tamtych transmisji. Petr Korda, Jirka Novak, Pete Sampras, Andre Agassi. Tenisiści radowali się bardziej kiedy grali dla kraju. Zrozumiałem to gdy w 2007 roku wygrałem turniej na trawiastych kortach w Halle. Pokonałem Marcosa Baghdatisa, obok mnie był trener oraz człowiek od przygotowania kondycyjnego i nawet nie mogłem nacieszyć się tytułem, bo zaraz trzeba było pomyśleć o następnych treningach i podróży do Londynu, bo wkrótce zaczynał się Wimbledon. Z reprezentacją jest piękniej, inaczej. Można dać upust radości, cieszyć się jak dziecko. Kiedy w 2009 roku awansowaliśmy do finału z Hiszpanią, chciałem, aby Czechy przerodziły się w drugie Nagano. Zawsze noszę w pamięci mecz z udziałem naszych hokeistów, którzy w 1998 roku na igrzyskach w Japonii pokonali 1 – 0 Rosjan i zdobyli olimpijskie złoto. Na Vaclavske namiesti i na Staromiestskie namiesti w Pradze było 100 tysięcy ludzi, mimo, że był środek zimy i wczesny ranek. Chciałem, żeby cały kraj oszalał na naszym punkcie podczas finału z Hiszpanią. Był grudzień, weekend, chcieliśmy powtórzyć wynik z 1980 roku, ale naród nie wyległ na ulice Pragi. Szkoda, ale i tak dla tych cudownych chwil, warto było ciężko trenować. Pokazaliśmy, że Czesi potrafią grać w tenisa - wspomina Berdia. Porażka 0 - 5 w finale rozegranym w Barcelonie w Palau Sant Jordi nie załamała Czechów. Rok później Czesi byli o włos od awansu do finału Pucharu Davisa. W półfinale wybrańcy Jaro Navratila prowadzili 2 – 1 na wyjeździe z Serbią, ale Novak Djoković i Janko Tipsarević przechylili szalę zwycięstwa na rzecz ekipy prowadzonej przez Bogdana Obradovicia. Berdia żałował, bo bardzo chciał poczuć przedświąteczną atmosferę w Paryżu i zobaczyć jak w grudniu prezentuje się francuska stolica... - Puchar Davisa to niezwykła przygoda. Pamiętam swój debiut w kadrze. To był wrzesień 2003 roku, raptem dwa dni po moich 18 urodzinach. Graliśmy na wyjeździe z Tajlandią. Nie zapomnę pojedynku w marokańskim Oudja w 2006 roku kiedy z Tomasem Zibem i Lukasem Dlouhym pokonaliśmy gospodarzy 5 - 0. Pamiętam też mecz w Lambare, w Paragwaju. To był wrzesień 2004 roku. Pokonaliśmy gospodarzy 5 - 0, a w zespole grali wówczas Jirka Novak, Radek Stepanek i Michal Tabara. Świadomość, że 6 lat po debiucie w Pucharze Davisa, dotarłem z kolegami do finału rozgrywek o to cenne trofeum powala mnie z nóg. To przepiękne, że dane mi było przeżywać tak cudowne chwile na korcie... - zachwyca się Berdia.

autor: Tomasz Lorek

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2011/ … a-czesc-2/

Człowiek, jak każda małpa, jest zwierzęciem społecznym, a społeczeństwo rządzi się kumoterstwem, nepotyzmem, lewizną i plotkarstwem, uznając je za podstawowe normy postępowania etycznego. (Cień wiatru - Carlos Ruiz Zafon)

Stopka forum

RSS