Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#61 19-05-2011 22:45:33

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Re: Milos Raonic

Part 2: Milos Raonic thrives under a Spanish sun

http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/archive/01275/Raonicnet16_1275740cl-3.jpg

Nestled among lush trees and set off beautiful rust-coloured cobblestone paths in the Barcelona suburb of St. Cugat del Vallès, Milos Raonic refined his tennis game last winter at a small academy in a tranquil setting, the kind place where a player can really work.

Many languages can be heard during a stroll around 4Slam Tennis academy, as a few exceptional teens from different parts of the world work meticulously on their skills. It's simple, but the opportunities have been vast: four clay courts, two hard courts, a clubhouse and a swimming pool with a gym and a modern student residence building a few minutes away by car.

From 17 on, Raonic trained in Montreal at Canada's National Training Centre, but to excel as a pro, he and his parents discussed the next step with Tennis Canada in the fall of 2010. They considered working with former American player Todd Martin or perhaps with Argentine coaches. They ultimately chose to work with former Spanish ATP pro Galo Blanco at the academy he runs with other ex Spanish pros.

The hard-working months in Spain in late 2010 elevated Raonic's game to another level, gave the now 20-year-old rising player new maturity, exposed him to the working habits of Spanish players, and kick-started his remarkable rise up the ATP world rankings.

“Once he met Galo and visited Spain, it was a good fit for him. It felt right away like family, and that's what he likes the most,” says his father, Dusan Raonic. “All of these top Spanish players accept him like family.”

Raonic settles in on a white leather sofa to do an interview in the private club lounge at the Real Club de Tennis Barcelona during a recent return to the city for a training day ahead of the Barcelona Open. His dark curls are still damp after showering off his morning practice. He's relaxed and conversational, but his day's work is far from over.

He feels at home in Barcelona, he says, listing off the many things he loves to soak in, like Antoni Gaudi's Sagrada Familia and Park Guell, along with the city's frenzied passion for FC Barcelona. He has an afternoon practice ahead and a fitness session too, not unlike the days he spent in Spain in the off-season, training, as his coach has often said, as hard as he's ever seen.

“What I love about it is the atmosphere and how competitive it is,” Raonic says. “I don't think in one place you'll find as many top players anywhere . Everybody here wants to be the best. It's a great atmosphere to be in and to improve in.”

PUTTING IN THE WORK

Blanco, the gregarious Spaniard, passes through the clay practice courts of the Barcelona Open, rarely passing a person he doesn't know on his way to an open fitness court where many players are working with trainers on a warm afternoon.

Trainer Toni Estalella is taking Raonic through footwork drills, speaking French, sharpening the Canadian's interest in languages. Raonic's size 14 Nikes travel in a flurry, on and off an aerobic step, shuttling around cones, hot-stepping through an agility ladder and racing from one sideline to the other, racquet in hand, as if lunging to make returns.

It's a small example of the kind of total-body physical work done last winter.

“The Milos explosion happened after very hard work,” Estalella says, noting that the 6-foot-5, 198-pound Canadian under his tutelage is built a little like basketball player Pau Gasol. “He has improved his mobility a lot and his athletic capacity. We're very happy and proud of his results.”

Proud yes, but satisfied, never, Blanco says. When he gets Raonic on court for a practice, he watches carefully to see where his player will go with the ball, even getting down to examine the marks left by the ball on the clay, studying Raonic's improving shot placement.

“When I first met him, he was hitting the ball good, but he didn't know how to play,” Blanco says. “Hitting it good is not enough. Now he knows how to play.”

Blanco stands off the edge of the clay court, peering through sunglasses, as Raonic plays a shot at the net and struggles to get back in position. His practice partner that day, Argentina's Juan Monaco, lobs it back, high over Raonic's head and beyond his reach. The Canadian loses the point, then swings his racquet in frustration.

“Why do you get upset at this point?” Blanco asks calmly.

“I feel like I've been beat on a lob a thousand times this year,” Raonic says, shaking it off and readying to receive the next serve.

“You have to accept,” Blanco says. “Don't get upset.”

Blanco presses Raonic to “play angry,” but that is not to be confused with losing composure. The Canadian could be combustible in his junior years, and balancing emotions has been one of their biggest triumphs together.

“The improvement of Milos in Spain has a lot of do with his growing maturity there,” says Louis Borfiga, vice-president of high performance athlete development at Tennis Canada, which orchestrated Raonic's move to Spain and is footing the training bill. “Galo has helped him a lot with footwork, with tactics and has improved his game technically.”

There were many more improvements made to Raonic's game, even to that thundering serve, the one that has always been his calling card and even impressed hard-serving American Andy Roddick during their February ATP final in Memphis. Putting it out of reach of the best returners in the game and learning the Spanish secrets of the tricky clay surface are still others Blanco would teach.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/m … le2023032/

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#62 19-05-2011 22:47:18

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Milos Raonic takes time to enjoy ride

http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/archive/01276/raonicnew_jpg_1276149cl-3.jpg

When Milos Raonic arrived to play at the Monte Carlo Country Club for the first time last month, his coach Galo Blanco urged the rising Canadian tennis star to climb to the top of the seats at the majestic venue and soak in the view of the pristine clay centre court that overlooks the Mediterranean Sea.

Blanco, a former pro from Spain who retired in 2006, remembers what it’s like to be a player, training, competing, globe-trotting for months on end, and once in a while, taking pause to drink in the stunning views along the way.

“This was probably the most spectacular thing, just knowing where I was, absorbing, understanding I’m actually here playing,” Raonic of Thornhill, Ont., recounted.

It was a small bit of advice that Raonic remembers and yet another sign that Blanco really understands the 20-year-old player. They have only been working together since last November, including a productive off-season in Spain, but they have engineered a rapid rise up the world rankings in Raonic’s first year of continuous play on the full ATP World Tour.

“On the court, I’m very tough with him, and I’m his coach. But when we’re finished on the court, I’m his friend, and I listen to him,” said 34-year-old Blanco, recalling a golfing outing the two shared during their travels to Indian Wells, Calif., and a safari visit in Johannesburg, South Africa.

“You’re travelling, it’s just you and your coach, your family is not there, your girlfriend is not there, and you’re far away from home. I don’t think this is the case with many players and coaches, but for us, being friends works.”

Ranked No. 28 in the world, the 6-foot-5 Raonic has already bypassed Blanco’s career-best No. 40. As a player, 5-foot-8 Blanco had a 122-175 career record but had victories over players such as Tim Henman, and Raonic’s idol, Pete Sampras. He reached the quarter-finals of the 1997 French Open but today regrets the feelings of satisfaction that ultimately limited his playing career, a lesson he passes on to Raonic.

“That was one of my biggest problems as a player – I always had goals and I always reached the goals and then I relaxed,” said Blanco, who repeatedly tells Raonic to be better today than he was yesterday. “After you improve a lot on the ranking like Milos has done in three months, it’s easy to say, ‘I’m done, what I’m doing is fantastic and I don’t need to work any more.’”

At a recent practice session in Barcelona, the Canadian’s white shoes were caked in red powder as he slid from side to side across the court, chasing down balls under Blanco’s watchful eye. Raonic is new to clay, his only real experience being a few weeks on it during the Futures Tour two years ago. He’s learning that a gorgeous forehand that finishes a point on the hard court doesn’t do the same trick on the red stuff. One more ball is likely coming back. Luckily, this is Blanco’s favourite surface.

“He has taught me a lot from his experience as a player on tour and made the transition for me a lot easier, especially here on clay, there is a lot he can teach me,” Raonic said after the practice. “He can pinpoint things I don’t even see. On the clay, there’s still so much information I need to absorb.”

While the rest of the tennis-loving world might dote on Raonic’s speedy serves, Blanco does anything but, standing close in practice to eyeball the ball’s path as the Canadian lines up and rifles them across the net repeatedly. Blanco doesn’t care what speeds Raonic registers on his shots. He reminds Raonic that a serve down the line at 210 kilometres an hour is better than a bullet at 250 km/h down the middle of the court.

“The problem was before he was serving only hard – boom, boom, boom, only bombs,” Blanco said. “Now he knows how to mix the serves. Now he’s playing unbelievable returners like [David] Ferrer, so this is the more important thing.”

When the season is over, the two will open an envelope they sealed during a friendly bet last January containing their predictions for Raonic’s ranking at the end of the season. The loser will treat everyone, including coaches and family, to an expensive dinner in the country of the winner’s choice. It will be a celebration no matter who pays.

“He really cares. It’s not just professional, and it isn’t just a paycheque for him – it’s important to him, and he knows it’s important to have someone to turn to, to talk to,” Raonic said about the coach with whom he’s been working since November. “We enjoy going places and spending time together. It has to be fun to be on tour because it’s not easy to be on the road that many weeks.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/m … le2024323/

#63 22-05-2011 00:53:16

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Raonic bound for Dubai

‘It will be a new experience'

Raonic, perhaps one of the hottest names in men's tennis, may play in next February's Dubai Tennis Championships.
"I have heard tremendous things about Dubai ... I am sure it will be a completely new experience for me to come and see such good things in Dubai," Milos Raonic told Gulf News from Canada.

http://gulfnews.com/sport/tennis/raonic … i-1.810521

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#64 22-05-2011 00:54:38

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Milos Raonic aims for grand slam glory with French Open

http://gulfnews.com/polopoly_fs/milos-raonic-1.810629!image/3941916084.jpg_gen/derivatives/box_475/3941916084.jpg
Canada’s Milos Raonic is creating waves in the tennis world. The 20-year-old player has eased from No. 156 at the start of the year to his current status of No. 28. He hopes to do well at his first appearance at a Grand Slam.

Dubai: Young Canadian tennis sensation Milos Raonic has promised to commence the pursuit of his dreams of winning grand slams starting with this week's French Open in Paris.

"Everything has come so quickly for me, but that won't stop me from pushing towards what I want to achieve in my career. I want more and more of success, especially in the grand slams and the big tournaments. I've always had dreams of winning Grand Slams and the big ones. Perhaps, I can control all the preparations for a tournament of this stature, but I cannot control the results that will follow," Raonic told Gulf News during an international teleconference from Canada yesterday.

With a serve that tops more than 200 km/h, everyone in the tennis world has been talking about Canada's 20-year-old player who made his way up the South African Airways ATP Rankings as he eased from No. 156 at the start of this year to his current No. 28. In only his eighth ATP World Tour main draw appearance at the start of this year, Raonic claimed his first ATP World Tour singles at the SAP Open in San Jose and then followed this by ending runner-up at the Regions Morgan Keegan Championships in Memphis.

"Going to Roland Garros is more trying to enjoy it and soak up the experience of being at a Grand Slam for the first time and that too being seeded," Raonic said.

"The most spectacular thing about Roland Garros is that it is a grand slam and it has to be treated with respect as these are the tournaments that you have to play your best tennis, and that is what I am looking forward towards," he added.
Raonic is considered a citizen of the new tennis world order: Born in Montenegro he moved to Canada when he was three due to the war in the Balkans, he then got an American education while choosing Spain as his destination to refine his tennis skills.

He first picked up a tennis racquet while attending a summer camp at the Blackmore Tennis Club in Richmond Hill, Ontario when he was eight years old. It was love at first sight and the rest is history that Raonic threatens to re-write.

http://gulfnews.com/sport/tennis/milos- … n-1.810523

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#65 15-06-2011 21:33:53

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Milos dostapił ostatnio sporego zaszczytu. Podczas RG trenował z Nadalem, a podczas Wimbledonu odbijał z Federerem.

Cytat z twittera:

"At RG I got to practice with the King of Clay, and here at Wimby today I got a hit in with the King of Grass. Pretty awesome!!! "

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#66 18-06-2011 12:09:03

robpal

Rafaholic

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafael Nadal

Po przeczytaniu tego twitta nasunęła mi się myśl: 2 razy z Nadalem odbijał?

#67 18-06-2011 12:29:04

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Dobre! Chociaż Władca to niekoniecznie Król.

Milos Raonic readies for Wimbledon
The 20-year-old tennis player is now ranked 28, the highest ever for a Canadian man

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0217/ten_a_raonic11_288.jpg

If an ace is the trump card of tennis, then 20-year-old Milos Raonic is playing with a loaded deck. Only six months into the season, the Canadian with the 140 mph serve leads the ATP with 445 aces. (His closest competition, Ivo Karlovic, has 379.) So it's little wonder that Raonic has won 78 percent of points on his first serve -- a rate not even Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic can claim -- and saved 66 percent of break points against him.

Last year at this time, Raonic was perched at No. 295 in the world. Now, heading into Wimbledon, he's sitting pretty at No. 28, the highest ranking ever for a Canadian man. Credit a focus that's as sharp as his serves. Coming into this season, he says, "my goal was to be in the top 50 by the end of the year." That pursuit started immediately in January, at the Australian Open, where the 6'5", 198-pound Raonic, ranked No. 152 entering the event as a qualifier, made a surprise visit to the round of 16, losing in four sets to Top 10 player David Ferrer. "It was an eye-opening moment to be in the fourth round of a Grand Slam," Raonic says. "That's when I started believing."

Three weeks later, in San Jose, he rolled through the field, then defeated top seed Fernando Verdasco (No. 9 at the time) for his first ATP title. It was almost the same story in Memphis the next week: Raonic lost a close, tiebreak-filled final to top seed Andy Roddick. "He uses that serve to keep him in matches, even if he's not playing his best," says Roddick, who often overwhelms his opponents with aces. "He's pretty much guaranteed 85 percent of his holds, and that's huge. It lets you learn on the job."

Raonic developed his lethal serve while growing up in Ontario. His parents settled there in 1994 after fleeing the war-torn former Yugoslavia. "There weren't a lot of kids to train with," Milos says. "When I was alone, I spent my time serving." These days, he's concentrating on rounding out his game. "I move okay for a big guy, but I'm not fast like Federer or Nadal," he says. "Better footwork would help. So would a less predictable forehand."

Those faults became evident this spring on the clay courts; the slower, stickier surface made Raonic's cannon serve far less effective. He lost in the first round of his three most recent clay court tournaments, including a disappointing debut at the French Open. But his luck should turn at Wimbledon, where the grass is better suited to his game.

Even if players know he has an ace in the hole, they still have to go all in.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis … id=6656431

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#68 22-06-2011 20:29:12

robpal

Rafaholic

Dzisiejszy krecz Raonić skomentował na Facebooku jednym słowem. Czteroliterowym na "f"

#69 24-06-2011 09:56:02

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Milos ma nadzieję, że badania nie wykażą czegoś bardzo poważnego. Kanadyjczyk z optymizmem zapatruje się na powrót do zdrowia.

Raonic awaits injury outcome after Wimbledon slip-up

http://www.tennistalk.com/images/article/2186.jpg

Raonic awaits injury outcome after Wimbledon slip-up Hard-luck Canadian Milos Raonic will find out the status of his hardcourt tennis summer after a scan of the injury he suffered as he slipped and was unable to continue in his Wimbledon second-round match.

The big-server went down on slick grass, injuring his leg after 23 minutes on court against Gilles Muller. He was taken to hospital for a scan. "It's OK, it happens," said the 20-year-old. "I just hope it's nothing too serious.

"It could be just a minor bruising that could get better in a few days. Or it could be something more serious. But it's something pretty deep in the hip."

Raonic sat disgustedly on the court after his fall awaiting the trainer, who took him to the sidelines for a taping. after a few minutes on court, the No. 25 knew he could not go on.

"I didn't think I could even lift my leg, it was a pretty sharp pain. But as time passed, with the treatment, I was able to walk a bit. After the first serve, I could tell it was too much, at least too much for me."

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20110 … on_slip-up

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#70 24-06-2011 13:39:03

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/fc/fullj.d2ae9fcea1a04fdfe2d34f6cd98d572c/d2ae9fcea1a04fdfe2d34f6cd98d572c-getty-117110412.jpg

A health update from Milos Raonic

Montreal, June 23, 2011 – The status of Milos Raonic’s (Thornhill, ON) health has been on the minds of many over the past 24 hours who have been waiting impatiently for news. It appears that while it is too early to deternine a possible return date, the first update is a positive one. 

“It was an unfortunate situation in yesterday’s match, but looking forward to returning to Wimbledon in 2012,” Raonic said this morning. “I have since been working with the doctors, and I strained some ligaments around my hip and doing some more tests just as a precautionary measure. I am hopeful that I will be back practicing in the very near future and looking forward to Davis Cup”.

During his second round match yesterday at Wimbledon, Raonic slipped on the grass and took a nasty fall. He remained sitting on the court for a few minutes, grimacing in pain. He received treatment from the trainer who wrapped his right leg, but he was forced to retire from the match two games later. Raonic immediately made his way to the hospital to be examined by doctors.

http://www.lovemeansnothing.ca/media/te … los-raonic

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#71 25-06-2011 13:07:47

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Raonic hopes to bounce back from hip strain

http://tennistalk.com/images/article/2188.jpg

Canadian Milos Raonic is already planning his return to Wimbledon in a year after being diagnosed with strained ligament after a fall on court which left him unable to complete his second-round match.

"It was an unfortunate situation in yesterday's match, but I'm looking forward to returning to Wimbledon in 2012," said the 20-year-old from Thornhill, Ont.

The mishap occurred after the 25th-ranked Raonic had broken Luxembourg's Gilles Muller for a 2-1 lead in the first set. The Canadian slid on the grass and went down awkwardly, ending his effort in pain after just 23 minutes.

Raonic went for scans at a local hospital. "I strained some ligaments around my hip and we're doing some more tests just as a precautionary measure," he said. "I'm hopeful that I will be back practising in the very near future and looking forward to Davis Cup".

Canada are to face Ecuador in an Davis Cup American Zone second-round tie July 8-10 in Guayaquil. Raonic would have played Rafael Nnadal in a third-round showcase match had he defeated Muller.

http://tennistalk.com/en/news/20110624/ … hip_strain

#72 02-07-2011 01:13:46

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Milos nie zagra w meczu PD z Ekwadorem. Kanadyjski tenisista wciąż znajduje się pod troskliwą opieką lekarzy. Kolejny start: prawdopodobnie Atlanta.

Raonic hip slow to heal as hardcourt season approaches

Raonic hip slow to heal as hardcourt season approaches Milos Raonic has yet to fully recover from the hip injury which forced him to quit his Wimbledon second round match on June 22, with the national No. 1 now set to miss next week's Canadian Davis Cup zonal tie in Ecuador.

Raonic slipped on slick Wimbledon grass and fell on his hip against Gilles Muller. Though initial reports on his condition were optimistic, with the player travelling to his Barcelona base for treatment, healing has not been swift.

Canadian coaches had been playing up the story that their big man would play in hope of intimidating the opposition. But the mind games were over once Raonic's true state was inevitably revealed by team selection.

Raonic is still under doctor's orders on his hip problem, which he hopes will allow him to begin the North American hardcourt swing in just days. "No decisions have been made with regard to Milos' treatment," said a tennis official.

Raonic is due to begin his pre-US Open run in a fortnight at the Atlanta ATP tournament.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20110 … approaches

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#73 02-07-2011 01:23:39

robpal

Rafaholic

Czytałem, że w najgorszym przypadku wciąż możliwa jest operacja i półroczna przerwa...

#74 02-07-2011 01:28:02

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

robpal napisał:

Czytałem, że w najgorszym przypadku wciąż możliwa jest operacja i półroczna przerwa...

A co za tym idzie możliwy koniec kariery na najwyższym poziomie. Boże, tylko nie to.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#75 02-07-2011 01:33:13

robpal

Rafaholic

Spoko, spoko. Dzisiaj medycyna jest na takim poziomie, że za miesiąc będzie kicać jak królik Duracell

#76 08-07-2011 00:52:27

robpal

Rafaholic

Złe wieści z "ćwierkacza"...
Raonić ma przejść operację biodra, czeka go co najmniej 6 tygodni pauzy. Niepewny jest występ w USO

#77 08-07-2011 10:49:19

jaccol55

Administrator

A wyglądało to na zwykły upadek...

Chłopak ledwo rozpoczął karierę, a już zaczynają się problemy.

#78 08-07-2011 16:42:20

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Tak, 6 tygodni przerwy. Najbardziej żal występu w Kanadzie, pewnie i on i fani ostrzyli sobie zęby na ten turniej.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#79 08-07-2011 23:42:27

Serenity

User

Najpierw Berankis, teraz on. Po operacji biodra nie ma co liczyć, że będzie tak jak przed kontuzją.

#80 08-07-2011 23:44:36

jaccol55

Administrator

Serenity napisał:

Po operacji biodra nie ma co liczyć, że będzie tak jak przed kontuzją.

Myślę, że powinien od razu zakończyć karierę...

Stopka forum

RSS