mtenis.pun.pl - forum fanów tenisa ATP

Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#1 09-12-2008 11:52:07

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Martin Verkerk

Finalista Rg 2003. Nie był nigdy wielką gwiazdą, ale dział jest poświęcony byłym graczom ATP, stąd zakładam ten temat.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39101000/jpg/_39101678_verkerk300x300.jpg

Dziś została podana informacja, że ten 30-letni Holender zakończył karierę.

Surprise 2003 French Open finalist Martin Verkerk has announced his retirement from professional tennis with immediate effect.
Verkerk suffered from a string of injuries after his surprise appearance in the 2003 French Open final.

Verkerk suffered from a string of injuries after his surprise appearance in the 2003 French Open final.

The 30-year-old Dutchman -- who is ranked 263rd in the world having reached a career high of 14 in the autumn of 2003 -- revealed that he faced two years of training to retrieve his previous level of play and was not motivated enough to do that.

"I do not think that I can return to the highest level," Verkerk told Dutch television station NOS.

After losing to Spaniard Juan Carlos Ferrero in the French Open final, Verkerk went on to lift two ATP titles in Milan in 2003 and Amersfoort in 2004 but he suffered a succession of injuries.

Verkerk launched a comeback this year and had a series of encouraging results but suffered an ankle injury at Amersfoort this summer.

Dawno na normalnych obrotach nie grał, więc decyzja wydaje się być jedyną słuszną.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

Stopka forum

RSS