mtenis.pun.pl - forum fanów tenisa ATP

Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#1 17-09-2008 00:33:21

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Tim Henman

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/content/images/2007/06/19/16_tim_henman_294x450.jpg

Mimo wielu sukcesów najbardziej niespełniony zawodnik ostatnich lat. Człowiek paradoksu.
Facet posiadający wszystkie instrumenty by zagarniać tytuły na grassie, nie wygrał nigdy żadnego turnieju na trawiastym podłożu.
Marzył o Wimbledonie, 4 razy grał w 1/2, mimo iż ocierał się o finał to nie był w stanie spełnić marzeń swoich i całej Wielkiej Brytanii. 3 razy grał w finale Queens Club.

Wygrał 11 zawodowych turniejów:
1997--Sydney, Tashkent
1998--Tashkent, Basel
2000--Vienna, Brighton
2001--Copenhagen Basel
2002--Adelaide
2003--Washington, Paris TMS

Ktoś komu zawsze kibicowałem.
Ktoś, kogo bardzo mi teraz w tourze brakuje.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#2 17-09-2008 11:41:08

Fed-Expresso

Masta

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafael "The Slice King" Nadal

Re: Tim Henman

To się wręcz w głowie nie mieści by tak usposobiony ofensywnie zawodnik nie był w stanie wygrać żadnego turnieju na trawie.
Bardzo podobał mi się jego stary styl, mnóstwo elegenacji na korcie. Wszystkie zagrania do przodu wyglądały niesamowicie naturalnie, o woleju nie wspominając. Jednak zawsze brakowało tego "czegoś", kropki nad i czyli udowodnienia swojej wartości na grassie i zdobycia Wimbledonu. Myślę, że wielką rolę w niepowodzeniu Tima odegrała niebotyczna presja mediów oraz fanów , z którą Henmanowi z pewnością grało się o wiele trudniej.

#3 17-09-2008 13:50:57

Robertinho

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer forever

Tim był jednym z moich ulubionych zawodników i to pomimo, że początkowo regularnie lał Feda (potem role się zasadniczo odwróciły). Elegencja gry i zachowania, gra niezwykle ofensywna, choć w drugiej części kariery uległa ona pewnej zmianie. I mała ciekawostka, Tim był jednym z ostatnich zawodników, którzy grali forhendowego woleja(rzecz jasna klasycznego ze sztywnym nadgarstkiem. I Sampras i Federer wykonywali to uderzenia już z aktywną pracą nadgastka.
Dlaczego Henman nie wygrał Wimbla? Myślę, że to nie tylko kwestia psychiki. On jednak był trochę za słaby fizycznie, przy Sampasie wydawał się wręcz mikry. I jego uderzeniom, choć były bardzo ładne technicznie, zawsze brakowało trochę mocy.
Jak wspominałem, ciekawa była też druga część jego kariery. Warto bowiem przypomnieć, że Tim Henman doszedł do półfinału RG i to grając z głębi kortu! Był to spory szok widzieć, jak wyrzezbia kolejnych rywali w długim, morderczych wymianach. Zresztą w tym półfinale ugrał seta z Corią, ale na więcej nie było już sił.
Wspaniały gracz, a jego mecze to wspomnienie o tenisie, którego już nie ma.

Ostatnio edytowany przez Robertinho (17-09-2008 13:52:45)

#4 04-10-2009 15:16:23

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

http://images.absoluteastronomy.com/images/encyclopediaimages/t/ti/tim_henman_wimbledon_2005_1.jpg

10 złotych meczów Tima na ukochanym Wimbledonie - zarówno tych pięknych jak i bolesnych.

10. 2003 Henman d David Nalbandian 6-2 6-7(4) 7-5 6-3 (Fourth round)

Tiger Tim needed just over three hours and 20 break chances to oust the previous year's Wimbledon finalist in this four-set encounter. Henman dropped serve five times out of six against the hot-blooded Argentine, but fortunately was 10-of-20 on his own break chances. There were six straight breaks in an amazing third set, which the British number one ultimately took 7-5 before winning the decisive set fittingly on his opponent's serve.

9. 2005 Dmitry Tursunov d Henman 3-6 6-2 3-6 6-3 8-6 (Second Round)

Tiger Tim failed to reach the quarter-finals for the first time in five years and only the second time in ten after a stunning loss to the unseeded Russian. Henman produced some typical magic saving two match points in the ninth game of the fifth set, but could not repeat the stunt after Tursunov broke again in the 13th. In perhaps one of the most frustrating performances of his career, the British number one was a woeful 5-of-22 on break chances as the 22-year-old Russian fired home 20 aces.

8. 2007 Henman d Carlos Moya 6-3 1-6 5-7 6-1 13-11 (First round)

In what will go down as one of the his last classic Wimbledon matches, the 32-year-old Henman desperately needed some Timbledon magic against fellow veteran Carlos Moya to break one of the worst slumps in his career. At 5-4 in the fifth set Tiger Tim squandered four match points as the light waned on a rain-delayed opening day at the All-England Club. Henman, of course, could not allow a quick-and-easy finish on day two, and the British number two faced the first break point of the second day at 11-11. Fortunately, Henman held serve with a pair of aces and ultimately was gifted the victory on his seventh match point as Moya double-faulted anti-climactically.

7. 2001 Henman d Roger Federer 7-5 7-6(6) 2-6 7-6(6) (Quarter-finals)

When Henman laced up against the 20-year-old Swiss starlet, Roger Federer had already made his Wimbledon name by ousting four-time defending champion Pete Sampras and demonstrating signs that he would soon also be one of the greatest Wimbledon champions of all-time. But the sixth seed proved that Centre Court was still Henman's house, beating the up-and-coming Federer in a dramatic four-set affair. Henman saved three set points in a second-set tie-break thanks to a string of winners, and needed to win a second breaker in the fourth set after failing to serve out for the match at 5-3. Henman again needed an astonishing comeback, this time battling from 5-2 down in the tie-break, to win the decisive set 7-6 (8-6).

6. 2004 Henman d Mark Philippoussis 6-2 7-5 6-7(3) 7-6(5) (Fourth round)

In a replay of their dramatic 2000 fourth round match (see below), Henman came out on top this time after tie-breaks in the third and fourth set. With dusk falling on Centre Court, Philippoussis saved two match points at 5-2 down in the fourth and then recovered a break to send the match to a tense breaker. In the tie-break Henman finally confirmed on his fifth match point, sending the crowd into raptures and going through to the quarter-finals, where he would fall to Mario Ancic. Henman has not gone past the second round at SW19 since.

5. 2000 Mark Philippoussis d Henman 6-1 5-7 6-7(11) 6-3 6-4 (Fourth round)

Scud rocketed in 32 aces against Henman, who again failed to confirm a set advantage after taking in a dramatic third-set tie-break 11-9, during which he needed seven set points. Showing glimpses of the man who would reach the 2003 final, Philippoussis recovered wonderfully from a record-breaking five hour third-round match just two days prior to topple the eight seed by winning the next two sets.

4. 1996 Henman d Yevgeny Kafelnikov 7-6(6) 6-3 6-7(2) 4-6 7-5 (First round)

Although it was not his first win at the Championships, the first-round victory over Russia's world number four marked the arrival of Henman as a Wimbledon star. In typical Henman-fashion, the Oxford-native needed 20 chances to earn the six breaks he would require to come back from a set deficit and beat the newly crowned French Open champion. Henman would go onto reach the quarter-finals for the first of eight times.

3. 1999 Henman d Jim Courier 4-6 7-5 7-5 6-7(5) 9-7 (Fourth round)

The sixth seeded Henman needed everything in his power to overcome the fast declining former world number one Courier in a four and a half hour slug-fest. Henman irritated even his greatest supporters, failing to convert on nine of 13 break chances, but ultimately earning the critical break in the 15th game of the fifth set after saving two match points. The 24-year-old eventually reached his second straight semi-final, falling again to friend Pete Sampras.

2. 2001 Goran Ivanisevic d Henman 7-5 6-7(6) 0-6 7-6(5) 6-3 (Semi-finals)

Rain killed Tiger Tim's best chance of winning Wimbledon in this epic semi-final, played over the course of three days due to the showers. Henman looked sure of victory after cruising to a one-set advantage in a 15-minute third set, but a typical Wimbledon deluge postponed the fourth set allowing Ivanisevic to regroup and ultimately claim a tie-break 7-6 (5) with a winning service-return at Tim's feet. After the victory, the Croatian star said "This is destiny. God wanted me to win this game - he sent the rains." Ivanisevic ultimately won his only Wimbledon title, beating Patrick Rafter in the final.

1. 1997 Henman d Paul Haarhuis 6-7(7) 6-3 6-2 4-6 14-12 (Third round)

Perhaps the greatest marathon performance from The Marathon Man, Henman was granted a reprieve on "Super Sunday" when Haarhuis blew a match point in the ninth game of the fifth set delighting the home fans with consecutive double faults. The Dutchman ultimately ceded a place in the fourth round after just less than four hours when Henman earned the critical break - his fifth of 15 attempts, in the 25th game of the final set. Henman went onto oust defending champion Richard Krajicek on his way to the quarter-finals.

eurosport.yahoo.com

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#5 04-10-2009 15:20:41

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Najwyższa pozycja w rankingu ATP - 4 ( 08.07.2002 )
Bilans meczów w ATP : 495 - 274
Najważniejsze osiągnięcia - 6 półfinałów wielkoszlemowych
(4xWimbledon, 1x RG, USO)
Zwycięzca 11 turniejów, finalista 17
Zarobki na korcie - 11.635.542 USD

Miejsca na koniec sezonu:
2006 - 39
2005 - 32
2004 - 6
2003 - 15
2002 - 8
2001 - 9
2000 - 10
1999 - 12
1998 - 7
1997 - 17
1996- 29
1995 - 99
1994 - 161
1993 - 434
1992 - 771

Bilans Tima z największymi gwiazdami kortów:
Pete Sampras : 1-6
Roger Federer : 6-7
Andre Agassi : 2-2
Boris Becker : 0-2
Patrick Rafter : 2-3
Marat Safin : 3-3
Gustawo Kuerten : 5-3
Goran Ivanisevic : 4-1
Richard Krajicek : 2-2
Lleyton Hewitt : 1-9
Stefan Edberg : 0-2
Jewgienij Kafelnikow : 6-8
Thomas Muster : 1-1
Marcelo Rios : 2-3
Rafael Nadal : 0-2
Juan Carlos Ferrero : 1-2
Jim Courier : 1-3
Andy Roddick : 3-2
------------------------
Greg Rusedski : 8-2
Andy Murray : 1-3

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#6 11-03-2010 16:43:49

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Tim Henman has ruled out Davis Cup role

Tim Henman has ruled out taking over as Britain's Davis Cup captain if John Lloyd loses the job. Lloyd's position is under review after the defeat to Lithuania at the weekend but the former British No1 currently has no interest in the job, despite describing the state of the game in this country as "scandalous".

"Maybe in three years, or in 13 years, some time in the future I might be interested in being the Davis Cup captain, but it doesn't feel like the right time," he told the Daily Telegraph.

"I'm enjoying my family and my golf, and not having any structure in my life. For 28 of the first 33 years of my life, tennis was what I did, and I wouldn't change that.

"I'm sure, at some stage, I'm going to get more involved and give back to British tennis but at the moment I wouldn't want the commitment or the responsibility of being the Davis Cup captain."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/ma … up-captain

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#7 01-12-2010 19:01:43

jaccol55

Administrator

HENMAN WINS ON DEBUT; COMES FACE-TO-FACE WITH GORAN

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/CBF349CD4B30470BB33EE84E886A364E.ashx
Tim Henman beat Younes El Aynaoui
on his Champions Tour debut on
Monday.

Tim Henman won his debut match on the ATP Champions Tour in London on Tuesday, and came face-to-face with the man that broke his heart at Wimbledon in 2001.

Henman, who reached four Wimbledon semifinals, defeated Younes El Aynaoui 6-4, 6-4 in the AEGON Masters Tennis at the Royal Albert Hall, shortly after appearing in a press conference with Goran Ivanisevic ahead of their clash on Wednesday night. It will be Henman and Ivanisevic's first match against each other since that fateful three-day affair nine years ago, which the Croatian won before going on to lift his first and only Grand Slam title.

Against El Aynaoui, Henman started well, breaking once in the first set to take it 6-4. The second set was a completely different story, with the Moroccan establishing a 4-1 lead with some fabulous touch-shots to outmanoeuvre his opponent. Henman rediscovered his form to reel off 5 games in a row to win the match.
“It was a good start," said Henman. "I thought the quality of the tennis was pretty good so I was pleasantly surprised by that. I didn't really know what to expect because it’s been so long since I’ve played any competitive tennis so that was really good. It’s great playing at the Albert Hall as well because, there’s such a special atmosphere here. I’m not getting ahead of myself. I think Goran, with the way he’s serving on this court, is going to be a tough battle no matter how well I’m playing. But I used to enjoy trying to return Goran’s serve and I expect I’ll have to do a lot of that tomorrow night so that will be good fun.”

Henman was genuinely happy to see his old rival. To hear what he had to say and to see them together in an exclusive video at the Royal Albert Hall, click here.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … -Wins.aspx

#8 01-12-2010 19:20:15

jaccol55

Administrator

I "nieco" krócej po polsku:

Henman przed wielkim rewanżem z... Ivaniševiciem

W półfinale Wimbledonu 2001 stała się rzecz straszna: Tim Henman, który miał odzyskać dla Brytyjczyków tytuł mistrzowski, przegrał w piątym secie z Chorwatem Goranem Ivaniševiciem, późniejszym triumfatorem. Rewanż w środę, też w Londynie.

We wtorek 36-letni Henman zadebiutował w ATP Champions Tour, rozgrywkach dla byłych zawodowców, pokonując 6:4, 6:4 Younesa El Aynaoui w meczu w Royal Albert Hall.

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2010/ … nieviciem/

Stopka forum

RSS