Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#1 26-01-2010 19:39:39

Serenity

User

Debel Woodbridge/Woodforde - "The Woodies"

Todd Woodbridge/Mark Woodforde - "The Woodies"

Todd Woodbridge (AUS)

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/8AAAAB35AA624B6BA6E4FAEFAE9A23D6.ashx?w=148&h=198

Todd Woodbridge (ur. 2 kwietnia 1971 w Sydney) - australijski tenisista zawodowy, najwyżej w światowym rankingu sklasyfikowany z numerem 19 (1997).W 1997 grał w półfinale gry pojedynczej Wimbledonu. Większe sukcesy odnosił jednak w grze podwójnej, w której łącznie wygrał aż 83 turnieje (w tym 16 wielkoszlemowych). W 1996 zdobył w deblu złoty medal na Igrzyskach Olimpijskich w Atlancie (z Markiem Woodfordem).

Mark Woodforde (AUS)

http://es.atpworldtour.com/~/media/2D3A37F8392B40109A457FF52A778A24.ashx?w=148&h=198

Mark Woodforde (ur. 23 września 1965 w Adelajdzie), tenisista australijski, wybitny specjalista gry podwójnej, zwycięzca siedemnastu turniejów wielkoszlemowych w grze podwójnej i mieszanej, zdobywca Pucharu Davisa, mistrz olimpijski.

Woodforde i Woodbridge zapisali się w historii tenisa przede wszystkim jako jedna z najbardziej utytułowanych par deblowych,znana jako The Woodies. Australijczycy grali razem w latach 1991-2000 i świętowali wspólnie 61 zwycięstw turniejowych, w tym 11 wielkoszlemowych. Pozostawali niepokonani na Wimbledonie w latach 1993-1997, a w 1998 przegrali dopiero w finale z Holendrami Eltinghiem i Haarhuisem w pięciu setach. Przez dziewięć lat z rzędu kwalifikowali się do turnieju Masters (Doubles Championship), wygrywając imprezę dwa razy (1992, 1996) i dwa razy przegrywając w finale (1993, 1994). Rudowłosy Woodforde, starszy z The Woodies, leworęczny, wypracowywał punkty z głębi kortu dzięki precyzyjnym zagraniom (operował nominalnie bekhendem oburęcznym, ale zazwyczaj używał bekhendu slajsowanego), Woodbridge wyróżniał się refleksem wolejowym.

#2 26-01-2010 19:40:00

Serenity

User

Re: Debel Woodbridge/Woodforde - "The Woodies"

Zwycięstwa turniejowe The Woodies:(w trakcie wspólnej gry)

# 1991 Brisbane, Bruksela, Kopenhaga, Londyn (Queen's Club)
# 1992 Australian Open, Doubles Championship (Masters), Cincinnati, Memphis, Filadelfia, Singapur, Sztokholm, Tokio (hala)
# 1993 Adelajda, Londyn (Queen's Club), Memphis, Sztokholm, Wimbledon
# 1994 Dubaj, Indianapolis, Pinehurst, Sztokholm, Wimbledon
# 1995 Cincinnati, Coral Springs, Key Biscaine, Pinehurst, Sydney (korty otwarte), US Open, Wimbledon
# 1996 Adelajda, Igrzyska Olimpijskie w Atlancie, Coral Springs, Doubles Championship (Masters), Indian Wells, Key Biscaine, Londyn (Queen's Club), Filadelfia, Singapur, Tokio, US Open, Wimbledon
# 1997 Australian Open, Cincinnati, Key Biscaine, Stuttgart (hala), Wimbledon
# 1998 Memphis, Monachium, San José, Singapur, Sydney (korty otwarte)
# 1999 Memphis, San José
# 2000 Adelajda, Cincinnati, Hamburg, Londyn (Queen's Club), Miami, French Open, Sydney, Wimbledon

Finały turniejowe The Woodies:(w trakcie wspólnej gry)

# 1993 Doubles Championship (Masters)
# 1994 Doubles Championship (Masters), Londyn (Queen's Club), US Open
# 1995 Wiedeń
# 1996 Memphis
# 1997 Adelajda, French Open
# 1998 Australian Open, Wimbledon, Monte Carlo, Szanghaj, Londyn (Queen's Club)
# 1999 Atlanta, Cincinnati, Londyn (Queen's Club), Szanghaj, Singapur
# 2000 Igrzyska Olimpijskie w Sydney

#3 26-01-2010 19:41:22

Serenity

User

Woodies join the greats

The first time the world’s greatest doubles duo – the Woodies – played together, it was a disaster.

“A shocker,” laughed Mark Woodforde, the elder Woodie (by almost six years), who grew up in Adelaide but now resides in the United States.

“Yeah, we lost badly. We both played a different side of the court. Next time we played, we basically swapped sides (of the court). That was that. Then it got better,” added Todd Woodbridge, whose tennis dream started in Sydney but now continues in Melbourne, where he is Davis Cup Coach among a growing list of responsibilities.

As Woodforde and Woodbridge walked off court in New Haven following their 6-3 6-4 loss to American Steve Devries and Australian David Macpherson in 1991, their coach, Ray Ruffels, said to them “God, that was shocking. You’re gonna be better next time.”

Eventually, they did get better. So much better that their partnership eventually yielded 11 Grand Slams, 61 ATP titles, and gold and silver Olympic medals.

The pair won the French Open once (2000), the Australian Open twice (1992, 1997), the US Open twice (1995, 1996) and Wimbledon a record six times from 1993 to 1997 and again in 2000.

After that first loss together, neither would have dared to believe that one day they would be inducted into the Australian Tennis Hall of Fame. Tonight, almost 20 years later, their busts will be unveiled at Rod Laver Arena as the Woodies join Australian legends Rod Laver, Ken Rosewall, Margaret Court and many others as Hall of Fame members.

“I feel quite intimidated to be in that company. So it's a great honour. I'm quite overwhelmed by that,” said Woodbridge.

“I think it's such an incredible honour and probably equal, if not better, than winning the Wimbledons and the Olympics, because I think it just reflects back about how well you succeeded in the sport,” said Woodforde.

“That's just way, way above what I think I expected when I started out with my career.”

While Woodbridge openly wondered as to whether or not the Woodies’ busts should join all the others in Garden Square, a quick look at the stats confirms that their place is more than warranted.

To this day, they remain the most successful doubles combination ever. Along with their Grand Slam, Olympic and ATP title wins, they won the ATP Doubles Team of the Year four times and played together in three Davis Cup finals, including the winning team that defeated France in 1999.

And it was when representing their country at the Olympics and in Davis Cup that the Woodies achieved their greatest highs, but also felt the greatest burden of expectation.

“When you play for your country, you play with the most pressure of anything you ever do. When you play as an individual, it's your own expectation. When you play for a nation, it's theirs,” said Woodbridge.

But, like Roger Federer, the two Australians didn’t believe their legacy was secure until they had won all four majors. And, just like Federer, the French would prove to be the final, and toughest, to win.

“We both believed if we're gonna be considered as one of the best ever, you have to win everything: the majors, the four Grand Slams,” said Woodforde.

“So that was the one jewel that wasn't there. So to finish that last year [2000] winning the French Open … the jigsaw sat nicely.”

And, as in all great partnerships, communication was one of the keys to their success, with the pair only experiencing a couple of bumps in their long journey together.

“We had a couple of moments, maybe two or three, throughout our whole 10‑year partnership,” admitted Woodbridge.

“It’s inevitable,” added Woodforde. “We're both competitive. We weren't competitive towards each other, but competitive in and amongst this quadrant of players. They're trying to beat us as much as we're trying to beat them.

“Through that whole process, we had really strong goals and wanted to do well. We both knew that we did that best with each other,” said Woodbridge.

And that’s the Woodies in a nutshell. Even after going their separate ways 10 years ago, they still can’t help but work as a team to achieve a common goal – even if it is just at a press conference.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … ml?fpos=r3

#4 02-03-2010 23:37:51

Serenity

User

Woodbridge/Woodforde Elected To Tennis Hall Of Fame

The legendary Australian doubles team of Todd Woodbridge and Mark Woodforde, winners of 61 ATP doubles and 14 Grand Slam championships, has been elected to the International Tennis Hall of Fame. The induction ceremony will be held on 10 July, 2010, during the final weekend of the Campbell's Hall of Fame Tennis Championships, an ATP World Tour 250 grass-court tournament in Newport.

The newly elected Class of 2010 also includes Gigi Fernandez and Natasha Zvereva, who won 38 titles together; 12-time Grand Slam tournament champion Owen Davidson; and Brad Parks, the pioneering founder of wheelchair tennis. Derek Hardwick, past chairman of the British Lawn Tennis Association who was instrumental in the transition to the Open Era, will be inducted posthumously.

"In recognition of their competitions and contributions, the Class of 2010 is a tribute to the game of doubles and to wheelchair tennis. The Recent Players and Master Player achieved an incredible record of doubles wins. In the Contributor Category, we are pleased to honor individuals who led two important evolutions of the game through the creation of wheelchair tennis and the initiation of the Open Era," said Christopher Clouser, chairman of the International Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum. "We are delighted to honor these professionals who have truly earned a place in the Hall of Fame."

Tickets for the Class of 2010 Induction Ceremony are available now on www.tennisfame.com or by calling 401-849-3990 or 866-914-FAME (3263).

Inclusive of the Class of 2010, the International Tennis Hall of Fame has honored 218 tennis legends representing 19 different countries.

Together Todd Woodbridge and Mark Woodforde, known as "The Woodies," earned a record 61 ATP doubles titles, including 11 majors. They were the first team to win five straight Wimbledon titles, and the only team in the Open Era to win at least one Grand Slam doubles title for six consecutive years. Their 11 Grand Slam titles as a team are an Open Era success story, and are second only to John Newcombe / Tony Roche's record of 12. The duo was named ATP Top Doubles Team five times (1992, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2000). The Woodies won two Olympic Medals - Doubles Gold (1996) and Doubles Silver (2000), and were hailed as the Australian Davis Cup's "Best Doubles Team" with a record of 14-2. In addition, both Woodbridge and Woodforde held singles rankings within the top 20.

Todd Woodbridge OAM (Sydney, Australia), age 38, currently holds the ATP record for most doubles titles (83) in Open Era history. He spent 204 weeks at No. 1 throughout his career. With a career doubles record of 782-260, Woodbridge reached the doubles finals of 31 professional tournaments. He holds the Australian Davis Cup record for the most years played (14 years); most doubles wins (25); and was a member of the winning team in 1999 and 2003.

Mark Woodforde OAM (Adelaide, Australia), age 43, holds 67 doubles titles, 4 singles titles and 5 mixed doubles crowns. He held down the No. 1 ranking for 84 weeks during his career and upon retirement in December 2000, he was holding the No. 1 individual ranking plus the No. 1 team ranking with Woodbridge. As a ten-year member of the Australian Davis Cup team (1988, 1989, 1993 - 2000), he participated in three finals (1993, 1999, 2000), helping clinch the trophy in 1999. Woodforde won each leg of the Grand Slams in men's doubles as well as in mixed doubles.

Owen Davidson, age 65 (Melbourne, Australia), is one of just 12 people who have won a personal Grand Slam in the history of tennis. His 15-year career is highlighted by 12 Grand Slam titles. His partnerships with Lesley Turner Bowrey and Billie Jean King produced a personal Grand Slam in 1967, as Davidson captured the Australian, French, US Championships and Wimbledon. "Davo", as he is known, went on to win the Australian Open Doubles with Ken Rosewall in 1972, and the US Open doubles with John Newcombe in 1973.  Davidson won the mixed doubles at Wimbledon and the US Championships/Open four times at each tournament. His four Wimbledon triumphs made him the male player who won the most mixed doubles crowns at the All England Club.

Davidson was a valued member of five championship Australian Davis Cup teams from 1962 - 1967. A career singles highlight came in 1966 at the Wimbledon semi-finals, when he narrowly lost a thrilling five-set match to eventual champion Manolo Santana. With his whipping southpaw serve, Davidson, age 65, is an active competitor on the senior tour.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … -2010.aspx

#5 11-07-2010 10:23:39

Serenity

User

Woodies, Davidson Inducted Into International Hall Of Fame

Australians Todd Woodbridge and Mark Woodforde, known throughout the tennis world as the "Woodies", were both inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame, the venue of the Campbell's Hall of Fame Tennis Championships at Newport, on Saturday.

“This is an amazing day for the Woodies,” said Woodforde, during the 65-minute ceremony that started in heavy rain.

“I don’t know if any of us said we’re just going to be doubles players. We just excelled on the doubles court a little more than we did on the singles. As much as we would have loved to win more in the singles titles, we did in doubles.”

Together, Woodbridge and Woodforde won 11 major doubles championships and 61 tour-level titles overall from 1991 to 2000. Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan equalled their overall title-record earlier this year.

“I think we won our fourth tournament [sixth event at 1991 Brussels] we played together,” said Woodbridge. “It was close on average to every fourth tournament we won the next 10 years. That’s pretty good business.

“I figured if I could team up with Mark we’d do well together. We did better than well, we did bloody great.”

They had a 508-137 lifetime record. Woodforde retired after the duo won the silver medal at the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney.

Woodbridge, now aged 39, won an Open Era record 83 doubles trophies. He spent 204 weeks at World No. 1 and finished his career with a 782-260 match record. He was a member Australia's Davis Cup winning team in 1999 and 2003. He reached the Wimbledon singles semi-finals in 1997 (l. to Sampras).

Woodforde, 44, captured 67 doubles titles, four singles titles and fived mixed doubles crowns. He was World No 1 for 84 weeks and upon retirement in December 2000 he held the No. 1 individual ranking plus the No. 1 team ranking with Woodbridge. He represented Australia in Davis Cup over a 10-year period, participating in three finals in 1993, 1999-2000.

Another Australian, 65-year-old Owen Davidson, nicknamed “Davo”, was also inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame. During a 15-year career he won 12 major doubles titles and is one of just 12 people who have won a personal Grand Slam in tennis history.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … -Fame.aspx

#6 12-07-2010 18:51:40

Serenity

User

Woodbridge i Woodforde w tenisowej Galerii Sław

Jeden z najlepszych debli w historii tenisa Australijczycy Todd Woodbridge i Mark Woodforde zostali oficjalnie wprowadzeni do Galerii Sław. Ceremonia tradycyjnie odbyła się w sobotę w przeddzień finału turnieju ATP Tour na trawiastej nawierzchni w Newport.

- To niesamowity dzień dla "Wooddies". Osiągnęliśmy w deblu trochę więcej niż w singlu, choć nigdy nie nastawialiśmy się, że będziemy typowymi deblistami. Zawsze chciałem wygrać więcej turniejów w singlu, ale częściej udawało mi się to w deblu - powiedział Woodforde podczas ceremonii, której towarzyszył ulewny deszcz.

Australijska para nazywana "Wooddies" wygrała rekordową - do tego roku (w maju to osiągnięcie poprawili amerykańscy bracia Bob i Mike Bryanowie, którzy obecnie mają w dorobku 63 wspólne triumfy) - liczbę 61 turniejów, w tym 11 zaliczanych do Wielkiego Szlema. Pięciokrotnie triumfowali razem w Wimbledonie.

Do dziś są najlepszym australijskim deblem w historii Pucharu Davisa, po który sięgnęli w 1999 i 2003 roku. Zdobyli również dwa medale olimpijskie: złoty w Atlancie w 1996 roku i srebrny w Sydney w 2000 r., po czym Woodforde zakończył karierę z dorobkiem 67 tytułów w grze podwójnej.

Woodbridge kontynuował grę i ustanowił indywidualny rekord w liczbie triumfów - 83, a na prowadzeniu w rankingu deblowym spędził 204 tygodnie. W ostatnich sezonach grał najczęściej ze Szwedem Jonasem Bjoerkmanem. Zakończył karierę z imponującym bilansem pojedynków w grze podwójnej 782-260. W singlu najdalej doszedł w Wielkim Szlemie do półfinału Wimbledonu w 1997 roku, gdzie przegrał z Amerykaninem Petem Samprasem.

Oprócz "Wooddies" do Galerii Sław wprowadzono amerykańsko-białoruską parę Gigi Fernandez - Natasza Zwieriewa, które wspólnie zdobyły 38 tytułów. Beatriz "Gigi" Fernandez zakończyła karierę z dorobkiem 68 wygranych turniejów w grze podwójnej i kilkakrotnie była numerem jeden w rankingu WTA deblistek. Natomiast Zwieriewa ma w dorobku 18 zwycięstw w Wielkim Szlemie z różnymi partnerkami.

Do grona legend światowego tenisa dopisano także: Australijczyka Owena Davidsona, który w latach 60. dwanaście razy triumfował w Wielkim Szlemie w deblu z różnymi partnerami, a także działaczy Brytyjczyka Dereka Hardwicka oraz Amerykanina Brada Parksa, zasłużonego dla rozwoju tenisa na wózkach.

http://www.eurosport.pl/tenis/wooddies- … tory.shtml

#7 03-04-2011 13:37:02

Serenity

User

Wczoraj Todd Woodbridge skończył 40 lat. Wszystkiego najlepszego.

Stopka forum

RSS