Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#1 07-02-2010 18:05:13

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Feliciano Lopez

http://i47.tinypic.com/20t2irt.jpg

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#2 07-02-2010 18:08:56

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Re: Feliciano Lopez

#1) Wiedeń 2004

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6f/Feliciano_Lopez_US_Open_08.jpg/250px-Feliciano_Lopez_US_Open_08.jpg

R32      Agustin Calleri (ARG)  1-6, 7-5, 6-3
R16     Bohdan Ulihrach (CZE) 6-1, 6-4
Q     Rainer Schuettler (GER) 6-4, 6-4
S     Davide Sanguinetti (ITA) 6-3, 6-3
W     Guillermo Canas (ARG) 6-4, 1-6, 7-5, 3-6, 7-5

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#3 07-02-2010 18:12:28

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

#2) Johannesburg 2010

R32 Balleret [Q] 6-1 6-7 6-3
R16 Kavcic 6-2 7-6
QF Ram [5] 7-6 6-3
SF Monfils [1] 3-6 6-1 7-6
F Robert [8] 7-5 6-1

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/5288839C53A444E0BEA3737F34DA521D.ashx

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#4 12-06-2010 09:04:02

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Lopez snaps Nadal’s 24-match winning streak

Lopez snaps Nadal’s 24-match winning streak Rafael Nadal fell to countryman Feliciano Lopez in the Queen’s Club quarterfinal, 6-7(5), 6-4. Lopez is joined in the semifinal by Mardy Fish, who upset both defending champion Andy Murray and Michael Llodra on Friday.

(8) Feliciano Lopez def. (1) Rafael Nadal 7-6(5), 6-4

Eighth seed Feliciano Lopez ousted top-seeded compatriot Rafael Nadal to reach the AEGON Championships final four. The 28-year-old won his second career match against the World No. 1, 7-6(5), 6-4 after one hour and 51 minutes of play. A close opening set went to a tie-break, where Lopez reached 6-4 on a botched overhead from Nadal. A netted forehand from the World No. 1 sealed the one-set lead for the eighth seed.

Lopez broke in the fifth game of the second, courtesy of a missed forehand from Nadal. After relinquishing the break, the World No. 31 led 5-4 following a costly double fault from the 24-year-old. Lopez snagged the win as Nadal netted a backhand on match point No. 2.

Lopez will face American Mardy Fish for a place in the final.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20100 … ing_streak

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#5 06-09-2010 22:48:25

Serenity

User

US Open 2010 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 3 rundzie

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. I know it wasn't applicable today, but do you have any feelings on the best of five versus best of three in a Grand Slam? Do you like the best of five format?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Best of five is very tough, I know, but we been playing best of five many years already. It's only a few tournaments that we play best-of-five sets.

So if they consider to change, they will have to change in all of the Grand Slams and Davis Cup, as well. This is what I think.

What I really think is that they do have to put tiebreak on the fifth in all of the Grand Slams. Here they do have, I guess.

Wimbledon, they don't have, which is -- I don't really understand why. French Open they do have.

Q. Wimbledon is the last.

FELICIANO LOPEZ: The only one, yeah.

Q. Why do you not like that? Because it can go...

FELICIANO LOPEZ: If you play best of five without a tiebreak in the fifth, it can be as Mahut-Isner match (Laughter.)

I think it's very, very tough to play best of five.

Q. You have a very good record in fifth sets. Why do you think that is?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Because I play short points and I don't get tired. (Laughter.)

And I work hard physically.

Q. You beat Rafa at Queen's, and you can play him next round. Can you just discuss that match and how you think it would...

FELICIANO LOPEZ: It will be a nice match for me to play. Like we are playing tennis for being on that courts, on Arthur Ashe, playing against No. 1 player in the world, and that's a very nice opportunity for me.

I know Rafa is a great player, but if I play good and if I stay all the match there trying to play aggressive, I will have my chances. Of course it's gonna be very difficult, anyway.

Q. How do you like this surface? I mean, you're a very aggressive player, you're a very good server. How do you like this surface?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: I think it's a very faster than normal. Like compared to hardcourt events, this one is probably a little bit faster. Not much, but a little bit.

Q. Talk a little bit about the success of the Spanish players. Obviously they can play on all surfaces, but it's a very, very good week for everyone.

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Yeah, yeah, it's kind of surprising to have so many players in the fourth round. I think if Rafa wins, we will have one Spanish at least in the semis, because it's David and Fernando in the other half of the draw.

So, yeah. What can I say about Spanish tennis? It's always there. And since 1520 years ago, we are winning almost everything, no? Before we were the best on clay. Now we win on grass, on everywhere, no?

So it's gonna be one time that this is gonna be over and the people, they will have to accept.

Q. Did you practice with any of those guys the week of Open? I know you played LA last month, but were you practicing with any of the Spanish guys?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: I practice with all of the guys. Like I don't care to practice -- of course, we practice more with the Spanish players. Because they are friends and it's easier for us, no, to get in touch with them and to call them for practice or whatever, because we are almost together every day, and we go for dinner.

We say, Okay, we play tomorrow or we play on Monday. We spend a lot of time together, so we practice more together. But I like practicing also with the other guys. You have to check how the other guys also play, no?

I think it's good for the game.

Q. Do you think you are pushing one another to get better, that you are better because you have this competition within your country?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: You never know. Of course when you have people, more people to compete, you have to improve your game to get better. That's true.

I don't know if this is one of the reasons that make Spanish tennis to be very strong. Probably.

Q. I know this happened a few years ago, but when you went into Argentina and beat Del Potro in the Davis Cup final, that was a huge win. Did that do anything for you as a player or for your confidence?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Oh, of course when you play Davis Cup finals and you playing against one player like Del Potro and you beat him and you win the Davis Cup, you feel so proud, no? You win like a World Cup for your country.

I don't find anything better than representing your country and winning the Davis Cup, especially on that away, when you play away, which is even more difficult. So of course that match gave me confidence, but like all of the matches that we play on Davis Cup.

Q. Do you think Nadal is gonna be able to figure out how to win this tournament here in New York eventually?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: I don't think it's gonna be an obsession for him at all. He just come here to play his best tennis, and as he normally does. It's not gonna be an obsession.

Of course if he wins here he will have the whole Grand Slam because he won already three of them, but I don't think he has to, you know, be focused only on that goal.

Q. You're a friend. Do you think he will figure it out? Do you think he will do it eventually?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: He will probably do it. I mean, he's still 24. A lot of years to play, so he will have the chance. I think so.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interv … 85076.html

#6 09-09-2010 18:11:27

Serenity

User

US Open 2010 - wywiad po porażce w 4 rundzie

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. How would you sum up your first experience on Ashe?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Well, I think it's difficult to play out there, no, with the wind. Takes me a long to adjust to conditions. Took me almost one set and a half to start playing like I like to play because of I didn't play there. Rafa, he was more used to it, no? He played two matches already there. But is not an excuse. So I think he played very solid, and he plays better than me.

Q. You had said in the prematch that you had not had a lot of wind during your matches, but today was the worst of it for you?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Well, I think in general I didn't play bad, but he played better in important points than me. First set I had Love 40 to get the break back and put the score 3 All. I didn't take this chance. And Rafa, he doesn't give you so many chances in one match. It was very difficult to play on the other side against the wind, and all the breaks came from this side. So that's probably the most important thing. I could not, you know, face it today.

Q. Besides just the stadium, is it at all different or strange to be playing well past midnight, to be playing at 1:00 as opposed to 1:00 p.m.?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Yeah, yeah, of course. It's difficult. You have to be awake. It's a long day for Rafa and for me. But we knew it's gonna be like this, no? Probably we should have played a little earlier, but then Venus play before Clijsters, and then Clijsters played a long match. We went on the court very late, and of course we're not used to play very late.

Q. You don't practice at midnight ever?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Not really (Smiling).

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interv … 89125.html

#7 25-12-2010 11:07:51

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

2010 w liczbach

Ranking: 32
Turnieje: 1 (Johannesburg)
Finały: 0
Mecze: 26-24
Zarobki: $721,518

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#8 03-05-2011 10:04:22

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Belgrad - 1 finał w 2011.

Lopez przegrał w finale turnieju Serbia Open 2011 z Nole Djokoviciem. Dla niespełna 30-letniego Hiszpana był to 7 finał turnieju ATP w karierze - 5 przegrany.

Feliciano Lopez - przegrane finały (5)
2011 Belgrad
2008 Dubaj
2006 Gstaad
2005 New Haven
2004 Dubaj

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#9 26-06-2011 11:31:10

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 3 rundzie

F. Lopez bt. A. Roddick 7 6, 7 6, 6 4

Q. Where does that rank among your best performances in Grand Slams?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Which is my best performance in a Grand Slam?

Q. Where does it rank in your performances, do you think?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Well, it's definitely great win for me. I beat couple great players in Wimbledon in the last 10 years. But to beat Andy in this court is very special, of course. I would say maybe the best probably.

Q. I think you had 57 winners and 7 unforced errors. Those stats are almost unbelievable really.

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Yeah, it's unbelievable. When I came back in the locker room, my coaches told me. I was surprised that I didn't miss anything almost.

So it's definitely a great win. I mean, I play solid all three sets. When you play Andy Roddick here, you never expect to win two straight tie-breaks against him. So I'm really happy with my performance.

Q. What do you make of the pace of the court, the speed of the court? Do you think it lets you play your game pretty well?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Well, I think the grass, it was always my best surface, no? And, of course, for my game is probably the best court I can play. But I wish it can be a little bit faster.

But this is the court we have. And, of course, I can do my game. I think so.

Q. Why do you think you beat Andy so convincingly, given his reputation as such a fighter?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: I think everything was working perfectly. I mean, I was serving for the set in the first. I did a couple mistakes there. And then I play a great tie-break. So it was very important for me to win the first set.

Always when you play a best of five match, to win the first set is very important. Then I play great the second set and I play fantastic the third, even better than the second set.

So I think overall I play unbelievable match.

Q. What surprised you about Andy's game today?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: I know Andy a lot. I mean, he beat me seven or eight times before today. So I knew I had to be aggressive. I knew I have to come in, to attack, basically to do my game in the best way as I can do it.

Q. Was his serving like the Andy Roddick serving that you're used to seeing?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: He's serving great. He hit 24 or 25 aces, I think. So I think in three sets it's a great performance also.

Q. Was your record against Andy beginning to irritate you, the fact you couldn't beat him?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Yeah. Of course, you think so. And before going on the court. But we played recently in Queen's, and I played great match. I lost it, but I played great. I mean, I was up a break in the third.

So I knew if I played the same way I played in Queen's, I would have my chances. But once you have your chances, you have to take them, and this is what happened today basically.

Q. Do you think if today Rafa beats Gilles on No. 1 court, you've beaten a three time finalist here, do you think in Spain there will be more coverage for Rafa's win or for yours?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: I mean, if you compare Rafa's performance here, it's gonna be more important my win definitely. But Rafa is a big star, so everything he does, everybody follows.

But, of course, if he beats Muller, for him is not going to be as important as is for me to beat Roddick today. I think so.

Q. When you look at your game and you look at Rafa's game, your game looks immediately more suited to grass. Has Rafa's success actually motivated you in the last two or three years to really sort of try?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Well, Rafa is a lot younger than I am. When I was playing Wimbledon, he was 10 or 12 years old, so... I was the first Spanish to reach the quarters after 35 or 36 years.

And then Rafa came here and won the title and he has been the most successful Spanish player here in Wimbledon by far.

But before Rafa came on the tour, I was already playing good on grass. I was already loving playing here in Wimbledon.

Q. Have you ever served better?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: I don't know. Probably in Queen's. I hit 35 in three sets. But was not enough (smiling).

Q. You said Rafa has had more success than you here. Who has more female fans here, you or him?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Him, definitely.

Q. Why do you say that?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Because I telling you the truth. I trying to be honest.

Q. Do you realize your nickname here is actually Deliciano. What do you say to that nickname?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: It's coming from Andy's mother. She's so funny. It's just something that everybody knows now because somebody post it on Twitter.

Q. Do you like that nickname?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: I have to like it. It's kind of funny. I mean, it's okay.

Q. Do you get a lot of attention from female fans when you're walking around?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Not really. Like another place, I think.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 09034.html

#10 26-06-2011 13:01:02

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

I don't pick up as much as Rafa, writes Feliciano Lopez

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2011/06/25/1226081/720259-imb.jpg
Spain's 'Deliciano' Lopez hits a stylish backhand against Andy Roddick. Source: AFP

IT doesn't happen very often, but sometimes everything works perfectly.

Before today, I had played Andy Roddick seven times. I had lost seven times. I lost to Andy at the ATP event in London, two weeks ago but I knew if I played the same way I did there, I would have my chances.

The trick is to take your chances. I hit 35 aces against him at Queen's and obviously it was not enough.

So, how does it happen that I play fantastic and win in straight sets against a great player on grass? I don't know.

During my career I have beaten a couple of great players in Wimbledon, but to beat Andy Roddick on centre court is very special. When you play Andy here, you never expect to win two straight tiebreaks against him, let alone win in straight sets. I would say maybe this was the best ever victory of my career.

When I came back to the locker room, my coaches told me I had 57 winners and only seven unforced errors. That is unbelieveable. I was surprised that I didn't miss anything almost but I didn’t feel like I was playing the almost perfect match.

For a Spaniard, I guess it's a bit strange to think my best surface is grass because we have champion claycourters like Rafael Nadal. But I've always loved it.

For my game, it is probably the best court I can play.

This week I have earned a new nickname and a lot of people have been asking me about it. My new nickname is ‘Deliciano’, but I don’t understand why I have it.

It was not my idea. Apparently it came from Andy Murray’s mother, Judy. At first I think it was a private thing amongst the Murray team, but now everybody knows it because it has been posted on Twitter.

It's kind of funny and I guess I have to like it.

I was asked today during my press conference if I get attention from the female spectators. I guess it is part of being a professional athlete that people will or won't like you, but my whenever I get this questions, my answer is always the same - not as much as Rafa!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/tenni … 6081720274

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#11 27-06-2011 10:12:06

Joao

Buntownik z wyboru

Feli López, toreador i macho z chłopięcymi marzeniami

W ojczyźnie mówią, że Feliciano López jest jakby wyjęty z obrazu El Greco, swojego prawie krajana z Toledo. W tym efektownym (tak twierdzą kobiety) i spektakularnym, grającym w rytmie bicia własnego serca tenisiście doprawdy wiele jest z manieryzmu. Jego mecz z Łukaszem Kubotem będzie ucztą w stylu z innej epoki.Szczęśliwi, którzy zasiądą w poniedziałek na trybunach kortu nr 3. "Kuluś" Bełdowski nie byłby zawiedziony jak w 1965 roku, Bohdan Tomaszewski po 30 latach znów obejrzy Polaka walczącego o ćwierćfinał najsłynniejszego turnieju świata. Ale Kubot zmierzy się z zawodnikiem, dla którego Wimbledon to najważniejsze wydarzenie w sezonie, który na szybkiej trawie doskonale wykorzystuje swoje atuty. "Feli to tenisista światłocienia - napisał dziennik "El País" - Jednym uderzeniem rozświetla kort. A potem znika. Ale w meczu z Roddickiem wykonał robotę jak José María Manzanares, jeden z jego ulubionych toreadorów. Forhendy zamienia w nieodczytywalne hieroglify".

Choć Feliciano López Díaz-Guerra ma pospolite nazwisko, wyrobił sobie w tenisowym świecie taką markę, że nie musi posługiwać się więcej niż tym podstawowym. We wrześniu skończy 30 lat. Trochę starszy jest Roger Federer, a rok więcej w dowodzie mają Michaël Llodra i Xavier Malisse, inni uczestnicy IV rundy Wimbledonu. Ci "senatorzy" w żaden sposób nie hołdują defensywnej grze, a López i Llodra są najbardziej dziś znanymi przedstawicielami stylu serw&wolej i praktycznie jedynymi liczącymi się leworęcznymi tenisistami z jednoręcznym bekhendem.

To właśnie najważniejszy fakt, który eliminuje Lópeza ze schematu hiszpańskich zawodników kochających grę z głębi kortu na ziemnej nawierzchni. - Wysoki zawodnik z mocnym serwisem powinien większość punktów zdobywać chodząc do siatki, kiedy tylko się da - mówił w sobotę Jan Stočes, trener Kubota, również stosującego bardzo często taktykę serw&wolej. Podobnie jak lubinianin, López w tej edycji Wimbledonu nie popełnia zbyt wiele niewymuszonych błędów: dziewięć w I rundzie, 24 w II i tylko siedem w 1/16 finału, kiedy wyeliminował Roddicka. - To niewiarygodne. Kiedy wszedłem do szatni, trenerzy powiedzieli mi o tych liczbach i byłem zaskoczony, że tak mało zepsułem - powiedział.

- Trawa zawsze była moją ulubioną nawierzchnią. Dla mojej gry jest to kort najlepszy. Chciałbym być jednak na niej jeszcze szybszy - tłumaczy López, który swoje największe sukcesy osiągał właśnie w najstarszym turnieju świata: w 2005 i 2008 roku grał tam w ćwierćfinale. W piątek odprawił w trzech setach Roddicka, trzykrotnego finalistę Wimbledonu: - To być może moje największe zwycięstwo tutaj - przyznał. Już na trawie w Queen's Club López w meczu z A-Rodem prowadził z przełamaniem w trzecim secie. Rok temu w tym samym turnieju nie oddał seta Rafaelowi Nadalowi, który cztery tygodnie później triumfował w Wimbledonie.

Wygrał dwa turnieje premierowego cyklu, w pięciu był w finale, ale nigdy na trawie. Jednym z najpiękniejszych momentów w jego karierze był triumf w Pucharze Davisa w 2008 roku. W argentyńskim piekle, jakie zgotowali Hiszpanom fani w Mar del Plata, Feli najpierw pokonał Juana Martína del Potro, by dzień później wspólnie z Fernando Verdasco rozbić rywali w deblu. W niedzielę to Feli jako pierwszy rzucił się na także leworęcznego madrytczyka - tego, który zapewnił Armadzie trzeci w historii triumf w tych pięknych rozgrywkach. Świętowali długo. López na antenie popularnej audycji radiowej El Larguero pozwolił sobie nawet, z dość sfałszowanym argentyńskim akcentem, na zaintonowanie szyderczej przyśpiewki: "Vamos, vamos Argentina, vamos, vamos a perder" (do boju Argentyno, do boju, by przegrać).

Wielkim przyjacielem obok Nando jest także Rafa Nadal. Do niedawna Feli wspólnym zdjęciem z Majorkańczykiem chwalił się na swoim profilu na Twitterze. - Kiedy zaczynałem grać w Wimbledonie Rafa miał paręnaście lat. Zostałem pierwszym Hiszpanem w ćwierćfinale Wimbledonu po 33 latach, ale to Rafa dał Hiszpanii kolejne tytuły - powiedział po wiktorii nad Roddickiem. O najlepszą ósemkę mistrzostw w All England Club zagra już po raz piąty. Sześć lat temu udało mu się po raz pierwszy, po dwóch podejściach nieudanych (w swoich dwóch pierwszych edycjach, 2002-2003): na drodze do ćwierćfinału odprawił Marata Safina i Mario Ančicia, a zatrzymał go Lleyton Hewitt. W 2008 roku ćwierćfinał nr 2: tym razem nie do przejścia był Safin, który już po raz ostatni w karierze sięgnął po znaczący sukces w Wielkim Szlemie.

W 2005 roku był 20. tenisistą świata, jeszcze w ubiegłym sezonie zbliżył się do Top 20, a dziś jest 44. w rankingu. - Kiedy zaczynałem grać, kariery kończyli zawodnicy w wieku 27-28 lat. Ja jednak mam szczęście być ciągle w formie i być zdolnym do gry przeciw najlepszym na świecie. W moim wieku bardziej się wszystko docenia, człowiek więcej się uczy z porażek i bardziej cieszy po zwycięstwach. Doświadczenie to zaleta - mówi. Za jego najważniejsze atuty uważane są wytrwałość i ciągłe zmiany rytmu gry. Feli nie lubi monotonii.

Nowe sukcesy Lópeza uaktywniły szczególnie damską część publiczności. Wybierany regularnie na najpiękniejszego tenisistę, Feliciano wzbudził zachwyt także u... mamy Andy'ego Murraya, która przechrzciła Hiszpana na "Deliciano". - Ale to Rafa ma wciąż więcej fanek ode mnie - sam zaznaczył. Ma dziecko z modelką Maríą José Suárez, choć rozstali się w czasie jej ciąży, a on związał się w tym czasie z prezenterką telewizyjną.

Gdy gra Feli López, na korcie musi być gorąco. W tym roku w Madrycie walczył z Federerem do trzech tie breaków, w ostatnim nie wykorzystując prowadzenia 5-2 i meczbola. Ze Szwajcarem spotkał się potem także w Paryżu: przegrał po raz dziewiąty w dziewiątym meczu. Z graczy "wielkiej czwórki" pokonał Nadala (2/10 meczów), po cztery razy przegrywał z Đokoviciem i Murrayem.

Przed turniejem madryckim (sam mieszka w hiszpańskiej stolicy) zakończył współpracę z trenerem Pato Clavetem. Według Alberta Costy, kapitana Hiszpanii w Pucharze Davisa, wpływ tego szkoleniowca na Lópeza jest znaczący: Feli znów marzył i o swoich marzeniach opowiadał. W US Open 2010 mierzył się na korcie centralnym z Nadalem. - Po to się gra w tenisa - tłumaczył - żeby spotkać się na wielkiej arenie z najlepszym na świecie. Czego innego oczekiwać od życia? Już skonfliktowany z Clavetem, López w tym roku marzył, by w finale w Belgradzie pokonać Đokovicia.

Później były marzenia o odprawieniu Federera i Nadala, w końcu przyszedł ukochany Wimbledon. - Wierzę, że sen spełni się właśnie tutaj. Sen, o którym marzę od dnia narodzin [jego ojciec jest tenisowym trenerem]. Jedynego seta w trzech meczach Feli stracił z Rainerem Schüttlerem, trenowanym przez Stočesa. Można być pewnym, że czeski nauczyciel tenisa odpowiednio przygotuje Kubota do tego, by w poniedziałek na korcie nr 3 spełniły się marzenia, ale polskiego bohatera.

autor: Krzysztof Straszak

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2011/ … -marzenia/

Człowiek, jak każda małpa, jest zwierzęciem społecznym, a społeczeństwo rządzi się kumoterstwem, nepotyzmem, lewizną i plotkarstwem, uznając je za podstawowe normy postępowania etycznego. (Cień wiatru - Carlos Ruiz Zafon)

#12 29-06-2011 15:43:17

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 4 rundzie

F. Lopez bt. L. Kubot 3 6, 6 7, 7 6, 7 5, 7 5
Q. You must be absolutely delighted with that fight back.

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Yes.

Q. Where did you dig it out from?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Well, I don't know. To be honest, was so difficult for me to come back because he was playing unbelievable. I mean, winners from all over the court, serving, returning, great volleys. I mean, I didn't know what to do to change the way of the match, to be honest.

In the tiebreak in the third set, I was still fighting there. Little bit lucky I came back with the match point with this passing shot. Then I won third set and I have more hopes that I can win the match.

But then also break back in the fourth, came back after 4 All. And the fifth set, it was so close. Anything can happen, to be honest. Was four hours and I don't know. Was a very long match. Both of us were tired, no? Anything can happen, to be honest, on that moment.

Q. Is it your best ever comeback, do you think?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: I don't know how many times I come back after two sets to love down. But it will be probably one of the best.

Q. How do you see playing Andy Murray at his home slam?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Great match to play. I mean, playing in these courts, especially. If you play No. 1 British player, much more. I play Tim Henman once a few years ago when he played his last Wimbledon, and it was such a great experience.

It will be another match enjoyable to play. I want to play this match. I mean, it's No. 4 player in the world, quarterfinals of Wimbledon, this court. So many things to enjoy out there.

Of course, you know, I have to play good if I want to win.

Q. Are you aware of what Andy Murray's mother has been tweeting about you? She's been calling you Deliciano.

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Yeah, we've been talking about this in my last press conference. She's funny. She has great personality.

But, you know, on Wednesday is going to be a family member playing against Deliciano. She won't be supporting me anymore.

Q. You've known them for many years?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Yeah, of course, of course. Also Andy, who was coached by Alex Corretja, which is a good friend of mine. Of course, yeah, we know each other very good.

Q. A question about your coach. Why did you decide to call Alberto two months ago to become at your coach?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Well, I had no coach for one or two weeks and I was looking for someone who really knows me. Alberto, the last year he was on the tour I was practicing with him. He's unbelievable person, first of all. I'm 30 years old now, so I want to take someone to coach me because I need to change so many things in my game now.

It's three or four more years to play. To be honest, I want to enjoy to be in the tour, to be able to play these matches, these kind of matches, like Wednesday, for example. And I think Alberto, he knows me a lot. He gives me confidence. He's such a nice guy. We spend a lot of time together when he was a player, and I think he was the right person to be together with me.

Q. Did you change something in your game or in your mind?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: In my mind, of course. I mean, the problem now basically, I mean, tennis now is 80% here (pointing to his head) and 20% in the game. Especially with me, even more. He wants me to behave good on the court, to fight until the end, and that's all, no? If I do this, my game is going to improve for sure.

Q. He was not on the tour. He didn't coach any player for 10 years.

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Yes, he was a little bit tired of tennis, to be honest. He had a little retirement, like 27 years old or 28 maybe when he stop. After six or seven years, he start doing TV for two or three years. Now he's so happy to be back on the tour.

Q. Do you think your four hour match will have taken a lot of energy out of you? Will you have enough time to recover?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Yeah, I think so. It's one day off, you know. It was a long match. But I already played a few matches like this, no, long matches in Grand Slams. When you have a day off, you have time to recover, no?

Q. What do you think Murray's strengths are?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Well, what can I say about Andy? He's a great player. He had an easy win, straight sets today, so he must be very confident.

Q. What is it about grass that suits your game? Is it being here at Wimbledon?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: No, I love the grass. I mean, I think the conditions are good for my game. That's all. Since the first time I play here, I already feel this sensation.

Q. Is Andy more beatable on grass than other surfaces?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Not really. He's a very complete player.

Q. Do you fear him at all in the context of a Grand Slam quarterfinal? Have you any reason to fear playing him on Wednesday?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Of course. Of course. I know that if I want to win Andy here, I have to play good. But I have a couple good wins during this tournament. I beat Andy Roddick. I have a great comeback today after two sets to love.

I have to believe that I can win. I know that I have to play good if I want to beat Andy. But I'm ready for the battle.

Q. You haven't beaten him yet in your career. With your new coach, do you have a different mentality now? Do you think you're maybe mentally stronger to take on Andy maybe?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: No, no. I mean, I'm good. I'm in a good shape. And mentally I'm strong now because I won four matches in Wimbledon and I reach the quarterfinals again. So many things that make me happy right now and confident.

But he didn't do like anything in particular to make me stronger.

Q. When was the last time you practised with Andy and will you speak with him before the match?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Yeah, of course. Why not? Last time I think we played in Los Angeles last year. I think that was the last time we played. No, no. We played in Valencia also. We practice sometimes together. I mean, all the players, we know each other a lot. We play mostly same tournaments year by year, so...

Q. Do you think Judy will talk to you if you beat Andy?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Why not? I know I'm going to play his son [sic]. But why she won't talk to me anymore?

Q. At the end of the match, you seemed to be giving everything away: racquet, towels. The crowd really lifted you or were they already on your side?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: I think they were both sides a little bit. But I think the crowd in general, they respect a lot the players in Wimbledon. Is such a different crowd than any other tournament in the world.

So they stand up always when the match is over. They respect the game, the player. It's so nice to play here, no? Even more when you win. You give away all that you have.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 21988.html

#13 01-07-2011 11:16:39

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po porażce w ćwierćfinale

F. Lopez def. by A. Murray 3-6, 4-6, 4-6

Q. Were you feeling the effects of your last match today?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Not really. Not really. Probably I was a little bit tired, but it's normal, no? When you play long match as I played on Monday, you feel tired, even though I have a day off yesterday.

But I don't want to put this as an excuse, because he was a much better player today and he was great on the court. He played unbelievable tennis. This is the main reason because of I lost.

Q. How much can you enjoy a match like that?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Well, even if you lose, when you are losing in a match like the match I played today, you have to think how lucky you are to be in the quarterfinals of Wimbledon and playing on that beautiful court against such a great player as Andy is.

But of course you feel also disappointed because you cannot play basically as good as you know how to play. But still great tournament for me. You know, I take this as an experience, for sure, and hopefully is gonna help me in the future.

Q. Is that the best Andy's ever played against you?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Against me? I think so, yeah. He was very solid, no mistakes, serving great, unbelievable returns. I mean, at one point I didn't know where to serve because he was reading my serve very, very good.

And he played, yeah, overall probably the best match against me.

Q. Where do you think he's improved from a couple of years ago?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Well, these kind of players, they improve a little bit every year. Maybe his forehand is more powerful now than it was before, I think.

But still, you know, is difficult to improve when you are such a great player, no? You have a few small things that you of course can improve. But he's a very complete player overall, so there's not weaknesses on his game. So that's basically not much to improve.

Q. How do you think it will go between him and Rafa in the semifinal?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: Very tough. Very tough. If Andy manage to play the way he play today, is going to be very tough for Rafa, I think. Of course, is a totally different game. I'm a more aggressive player. I come in. Rafa is a baseliner player. Is going to be a completely different match.

But if Andy continue to play like this, is gonna be a very, very tough match, definitely.

Q. Do you think Rafa is the favorite for that, or do you think it's quite equal between them?

FELICIANO LOPEZ: I would say 50/50 maybe. Maybe Rafa a little bit more because he's No. 1 player in the world. He beat Andy last year here in the semis, as well, if I'm right.

But right now maybe he's favoured by 5% or so, but not much.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 54448.html

Stopka forum

RSS