• Polecamy: Komputery

Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#61 03-12-2010 15:27:28

metjuAR

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rod

Re: Robin Soderling

Szwed Robin Soederling, piąty obecnie w rankingu ATP World Tour, rozstał się ze swoim trenerem i byłym drugim tenisistą świata - Magnusem Normanem. Współpraca trwała ponad dwa sezony, a Soederling awansował do TOP10 z 35. pozycji - informuje PAP.

Dwukrotnie też dochodził do finału w wielkoszlemowym turnieju na kortach ziemnych im. Rolanda Garrosa w Paryżu. W październiku w stolicy Francji triumfował w imprezie rangi ATP Masters 100 w hali Bercy.

Obaj panowie poinformowali w piątek szwedzką prasę, że Norman od przyszłego roku ma trochę inne plany zawodowe, natomiast Soederling potrzebuje trenera, który będzie mu towarzyszył przez cały sezon.

http://www.eurosport.pl/tenis/soderling … news.shtml

Ta współpraca naprawdę im się układała... robili razem świetne wyniki. Wg mnie prawdopodobne jest to że teraz Soda duuuużo osłabnie, no chyba że znajdzie kogoś kto znowu dotrze do niego, co nie jest takie proste.

249,5 km/h
30 singles titles
2007 Davis Cup

#62 03-12-2010 16:17:44

Bizon

siła spokoju

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Niezły szoker. Przeciez pasowali oni do siebie jak nie powiem co do czego Ciekawy jestem czy odejscie Normana odbije sie na grze Soderlinga.

MTT Singiel : (Rank-2)

W : Los Angeles 08, Dubaj 09, New Heaven 09, Bangkok 09, Pekin 09, Madryt 10, Roland Garros 10, Barcelona 11, Madryt 11, Roland Garros 11
F  : Olympic Games 08, Bangkok 08, s'Hertogenbosch 10, Wimbledon 10, Los Angeles 10, Memphis 11

#63 07-12-2010 14:38:03

jaccol55

Administrator

Pistolesi trenerem Söderlinga

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/photos/4c091fc0bd12c839347370.gifhttp://www.sportowefakty.pl/photos/48100a44a7ce6095297014.gif

Od ponad trzech lat, od wypadnięcia Ivana Ljubičicia z Top 10 rankingu ATP, w ścisłej światowej czołówce męskiego tenisa nie było włoskich akcentów trenerskich. Teraz Claudio Pistolesi został szkoleniowcem Robina Söderlinga, piątej rakiety świata.

Po rozstaniu z rodakiem Magnusem Normanem Söderling niedługo trzymał w niepewności co do osoby nowego coacha. Najlepszy szwedzki tenisista, który podobno nie doszedł do porozumienia z Fredem Rosengrenem i Peterem Lundgrenem (były trener Federera, a obecnie Wawrinki), związał się z Pistolesim na próbne trzy miesiące (do turnieju w Marsylii).

13 grudnia Söderling i Pistolesi rozpoczną w Monte Carlo przygotowania do nowego sezonu. Informację o współpracy (rozmawiali podczas ostatnich turniejów sezonu: w Bercy i Londynie) potwierdził 43-letni Włoch, który ostatnio pracował z Michaelem Berrerem, mistrzem challengera wrocławskiego, a wcześniej był znany przede wszystkim jako mentor tenisistek: Moniki Seles, Ai Sugiyamy i Anny Smashnovej.

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2010/ … sderlinga/

#64 16-12-2010 22:32:03

jaccol55

Administrator

SODERLING BACK TO WORK AT ATP WORLD TOUR TRAINING CAMP

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/BC7BF6E2F7B24D9E90DEBB97FBA197CC.ashx
Robin Soderling gets into the holiday spirit at the
ATP World Tour training camp in Monte-Carlo with
Jean-Rene Lisnard, Andreas Seppi, Francis Truchi.

World No. 5 Robin Soderling is beginning his 2011 preparations this week at an ATP World Tour training camp in Monte-Carlo after an extended vacation in the Maldives.

"I am actually trying to work on my weaknesses as much as possible, trying to play more aggressive and come to the net a bit more," said Soderling, who is joined at the training camp by fellow pros Ivan Ljubicic, Andreas Seppi, Simone Bolelli, Fabio Fognini, George Bastl, Benjamin Balleret and Jean-Rene Lisnard.

"So far I only practised a couple of days but it’s been really a lot of fun and I am happy to be back on the court again after two weeks vacation."

In addition to two practice sessions a day under the direction of new coach Claudio Pistolesi, Soderling has been working with fitness coach Ali Ghelem off the court, with his workout schedule encompassing dynamic exercises, coordination drills, sprints, interval training, weight lifting and light endurance.

"I work a lot on agility and coordination to be faster on the court and also on injury prevention," said the 26-year-old Swede.

Soderling parted ways with Magnus Norman following the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, and said about working with Pistolesi, "We only work 3-4 days together with Claudio. He used to be a good player, has been around for many years and he’s already taught me many new things so I am really looking forward to working with him."

Despite his busy training regimen, Soderling took time out Wednesday afternoon to attend the Monte-Carlo Country Club kids' Christmas party, posing for photos with Santa and signing autographs for the children.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … -Camp.aspx

#65 24-12-2010 20:01:08

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

2010 w liczbach

Ranking: 5
Turnieje: 2 (Paryż-Bercy, Rotterdam)
Finały: 3 (Bastad, Roland Garros, Barcelona)
Mecze: 57-22
Zarobki: $3,731,527

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#66 28-12-2010 16:55:44

jaccol55

Administrator

The Last Word: ATP No. 5, Robin Soderling

http://tennis.com/articles/articlefiles/9418-201011251025375297836-p2@stats_com.jpg
With his high ball toss and huge shots,
Soderling reached a career-high ranking in 2010.

Best of 2010
Peaking in Paris has become a standard Soderling practice. Unleashing the wide, whipping swings of a man winding up a windmill, Soderling defeated Roger Federer in a drizzly quarterfinal at Roland Garros, snapping the world No. 1's record streak of 23 consecutive Grand Slam semifinal appearances. It was the second straight year Soderling beat a world No. 1 there—he upset Rafael Nadal there in 2009. In November, the Swede saved three match points to beat Frenchman Michael Llodra in the Paris Masters semis, then punished hometown favorite Gael Monfils in the final to collect his first career Masters title.

Worst of 2010

In his latest blunder Down Under, Soderling squandered a two-set lead in a first-round loss to 117th-ranked Marcel Granollers, who entered the match with one career Australian Open win. It was Soderling’s third opening-round exit in five Australian Open appearances.

Year in Review

A career year saw Soderling crack the Top 4, register a 57-22 record, win two titles and play quality tennis consistently. He advanced to the quarterfinals (at least) in 16 of the 22 tournaments he contested. Solidifying his status as an all-court threat, Soderling won his titles indoors (Rotterdam and Paris) and lost three clay-court finals (French Open, Barcelona and Bastad). Despite his opening-round exit in Melbourne, he posted a 14-4 record in Grand Slam play, with three of those losses coming against Rafael Nadal or Roger Federer.

Soderling’s game is both lethal and limited. When he’s on, his power is rivaled only by a healthy Juan Martin del Potro. But when his fast, flat shots fail to land, Soderling lacks the variety to change speeds and spins to create alternative options. At his worst, Soderling can look as subtle as a man wielding a battering ram to open a bag of potato chips.

See for Yourself

Reaching up for his extremely high tosses, Soderling smacked serves at 140 mph and frequently won forehand-to-forehand exchanges with Federer in his French Open upset:

The Last Word

The lanky 26-year-old suffered a major loss this offseason as long-time coach Magnus Norman stepped down. Under Norman’s guidance, Soderling became a fitter player and smarter on court, particularly during rallies. The coach’s impact was evident at the Slams: Before working with Norman, Soderling suffered 16 first- or second-round losses in 20 major appearances. In the eight majors with Norman, Soderling reached two finals and three quarterfinals. Soderling has since hired Claudio Pistolesi as his new coach. Refining the rough edges of his game, improving his approach and volley—and retaining what he learned from Norman—are key for Soderling if he wants to break through and win a major.

—Richard Pagliaro

http://tennis.com/articles/templates/fe … 8&zoneid=9

#67 03-01-2011 19:50:44

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Soderling Confident He Can Break Nadal-Federer Slam Dominance

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/3503AA6DDC6540C48B401D29C5DD567D.ashx
Robin Soderling has added more aggression
to his game during the off-season.

World No. 5 Robin Soderling, who will open his 2011 ATP World Tour season as the top seed at the Brisbane International this week, told media on Monday that he believes he is one of the players who can break the Grand Slam domination of Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer.

“I never felt that the gap was very big [between Nadal, Federer and the rest],” said Soderling, who defeated Nadal and Federer en route to the 2009 and 2010 Roland Garros finals respectively. “There are a lot of very good players and I think there are 10 or even 15 guys who can win the big tournaments like the Grand Slams. Of course, Roger and Rafa will always be the favourites in every tournament they play in, but I think there are a lot of players who have a chance to beat them.”

The 26-year-old Soderling, who is working with Claudio Pistolesi this season, explained that his main goal in 2011 is to perform well in the Grand Slams and Masters 1000 tournaments, and in a bid to do so he has worked hard in the off-season to add even more aggression to his game.

“I still feel I can improve and become a better player,” said the big-hitting Swede. “If I can do that then I’m pretty sure I have a good chance to do well this year. [During the off season] I tried to do a few things. I tried to work on playing a little bit more aggressively, coming into the net a little bit more.”

Soderling, who reached the quarter-finals (l. to Stepanek) on his debut in Brisbane two years ago, will face American qualifier Ryan Harrison in the first round of the ATP World Tour 250 tournament on Tuesday evening.

The Tibro native finished 2010 strongly, winning his first ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournament in Paris (d. Monfils) and featuring at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals. He will hope he can carry his good form into the Australian Open, where he has failed to advance further than the second round in five attempts.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … eview.aspx

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#68 09-01-2011 12:41:31

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

#7) Brisbane 2011

http://www.brisbaneinternational.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Soderling-with-trophy-w.jpg

R1 Ryan Harrison [Q] 62 64
R2 Mchael Berrer 63 76
QF Matthew Ebden [Q] 63 62
SF Radek Stepanek 63 75
F Andy Roddick [2] 63 75

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#69 09-01-2011 12:49:20

jaccol55

Administrator

Świetne wyniki, to jego najlepszy początek sezonu w karierze.

#70 09-01-2011 12:52:30

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

jaccol55 napisał:

Świetne wyniki, to jego najlepszy początek sezonu w karierze.

W ogóle jeden z lepszych okresów w karierze. W listopadzie pierwszy tytuł masters-1000, później narpawdę dobra gra w Londynie, teraz to. Brawo

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#71 18-01-2011 20:19:00

Serenity

User

AO 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 1 rundzie

Q. A good start?
ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, of course. Winning in straight sets, it's a very good start. I struggled a little bit in the first set. But I think after that I played better and better. At the end, I played pretty good I think.

Q. Of the Grand Slams, the Australian Open hasn't been kind to you. You haven't got past the second round. Do you think you can do better this year?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, I hope so. But I have to take one match at a time.

As you said, I haven't had much success here in the past. That's why, you know, it's even more important to really focus on the next match all the time. Now I got past the first round and I have a difficult match coming up and I have to play well.

If I win this one, I have to take the next match.

Q. Any particular reason why you haven't played well here?

ROBIN SODERLING: Uhm, no. I don't know. It's a surface that I think should suit my game pretty well. I played a couple of good matches. But, as I said, I never had the results.

I don't know why, but hopefully it will change this year.

Q. Is it much different this year under your new coach?

ROBIN SODERLING: No, well, we've been working not for long, but we've been working really good since December. And, of course, in my game there's not going to be any big changes. But we're still working on a lot of details. There's still things I can improve in my game.

I think, you know, already in this couple of weeks I improved. I think I played this year so far really well. Hopefully we can continue to work on it and I'll become a better player.

Q. How do you approach a Grand Slam compared to another tournament knowing it could last for two weeks, have five set matches?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, I think it's different. I think I had some problems with the Grand Slam tournaments in the beginning of my career. As you said, you know, it's over two weeks, and you always have one match, then you have the next day rest. So it's tough to stay focused for two full weeks. Every day, you know, you have to be able to relax between matches.

I think that's what I learned the last couple of years. I think that's why I had more success in these tournaments.

Q. You deal better with the days off in between?

ROBIN SODERLING: I think so, yeah. Because the days off, it's really a matter of trying to relax and rest, you know, because you spend in five set matches a lot of energy, even if you win in straight sets. You really have to recover between the matches. I do it really good right now.

Q. With your improvement in the last two years, do you bring any different mindset to a tournament like this? Do you come here not fearing anyone?

ROBIN SODERLING: No, I'm not fearing anyone, but at the same time I fear all. I know that when I play well, I can beat everyone. But the same time, I really have to play well because last year it really showed. I didn't play well at all and I lost first round.

So I think it's a matter for every player, even the best players, that they really have to stay focused every match. For me that's the most important thing.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 90176.html

#72 22-01-2011 23:39:50

Serenity

User

AO 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 2 rundzie

Q. What were some of the positives you could take out of the match tonight?
ROBIN SODERLING: Well, it was a different match, you know. He played real aggressive and served well. Always against him the margins are very small.

But I think I stayed focused the whole match, was moving pretty well. It was a pretty good match. I didn't spend too much energy. I won in three straight sets.

I'm feeling good.

Q. With five matches to go before a possible final, what is your strategy? Do you have a strategy worked out or do you take it one match at a time?

ROBIN SODERLING: No, of course you have to focus on one match at a time. But now after the matches, it's good that I didn't spend five hours on the court. Instead, you know, I played two matches and both went to three sets, straight set matches.

I played very good, so I'm not feeling tired at all, which is very good now coming into the third round.

Q. This is unchartered territory for you at Melbourne Park. Why have your past campaigns been derailed so quickly?

ROBIN SODERLING: I don't know. I got this question I don't know how many times. I don't know. That's my answer (smiling).

I really feel that I can play well on every surface. So here the conditions and the surface in Melbourne should suit my game very well. And I think, you know, I missed the tournament here a couple of times, and then I played some pretty good matches, but the result hasn't been good.

But hopefully, you know, now I feel like I'm playing really well and I have a lot of experience from doing well in other Grand Slams. So hopefully, you know, this year it will change.

Q. Do you feel like your preparations this year were a little bit more involved? Do you feel this has helped your run into the tournament here?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, I think, first of all, I had a great off season. Even though it was short, I've been practicing well and been really focused to do well here in Australia. That's a little bit what's missing so far for me.

Of course, I had a great start. I played really well in Brisbane. I decided to go early to Australia this time instead of going to Chennai or Doha. I played well and had a good week here of practice. I'm feeling really good.

Q. Why did you decide to go to Brisbane?

ROBIN SODERLING: Well, I tried everything. You know, I did different things every year. But this year I really felt like I wanted to give it a really good chance to do well here and I wanted to come here early and have at least two weeks before the tournament, you know, to give myself time to really find my form and play well.

But I think I played really well from the first day I arrived in Brisbane from the first match and then the whole tournament. So I have a lot of confidence. I really showed that I can play well down here.

Q. Do you know much about your next opponent?

ROBIN SODERLING: I don't think we ever played before. I might be wrong. My memory's not so good. But he's a great player. We practiced a couple times. He's playing really fast and close to the baseline. He's been on the tour for quite some time, so he's very experienced.

It's going to be a tough match.

Q. You obviously overtook Andy Murray's No. 4 ranking coming into this tournament. Is that a mere statistic or does that give you a bit of an edge or a confidence boost?

ROBIN SODERLING: Well, of course, it's always nice to be No. 4 in the world. It's something that many players will never achieve in their careers.

But I'm trying to not be too focused on the rankings. I try to be focused on my game, trying to, uhm, practice hard and trying to improve. I think if I can do that, then I think I have a good chance to do really well and climb up the rankings. But it's also a matter of how the other guy's playing. I can still play well, but a few guys playing even better. I have to stay focused on myself first.

Q. How do you feel the surface and conditions here might suit your game or not suit your game?

ROBIN SODERLING: No, as I said, I think I can do well on any kinds of surface: slow, fast, indoors, outdoors. The things with Melbourne, the thing I struggle with a little bit before is that the conditions are changing a lot here. One day it's 30 degrees, the next day it's 20 and windy, sunny, cloudy. So that's tough. But I think it's tough for everybody.

Again, you really need to stay focused and really think about your own game instead of what's happening outside.

Q. What do you invest your prize money, like property or shares?

ROBIN SODERLING: Well, I try to do a little bit different things. I'm not the one who's doing my finances. I have some properties. I have some stocks, some different things. It's just a matter of saving it for maybe using it after your career.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 23912.html

#73 22-01-2011 23:56:54

Serenity

User

AO 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 3 rundzie

Q. Your ninth in a row, yet to drop a set here. How do you assess your performance so far? Are you just cruising along very confident?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, I played three matches here, and, of course, as you said, I haven't lost a set yet.

I'm playing pretty good. But there's still a couple of things I need to improve, I think. I know I can play much better. But overall it's been pretty good.

Q. Do you need a four or five set match to test yourself?

ROBIN SODERLING: No. I don't think. I played many matches this year already, so I'm pretty happy I won three matches in straight sets.

Q. Does that weigh in your favor, that you haven't gone outside three sets in that first week?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah. I think, you know, physically I feel very good. I haven't spent too many hours on court yet and I'm already in the fourth round, which is very good.

So I think for me it's a little bit of an advantage, yeah.

Q. There's been a lot of attention on Roger and Rafa in the past couple weeks. Do you feel you're sliding under the radar in terms of media attention and that sort of thing?

ROBIN SODERLING: Well, yeah, I think there's always going to be a lot of attention on Roger and Rafa, of course. You know, they're No. 1 and 2 in the world. I think in every tournament they play, they will be the favorites.

But I think there's many guys who can actually compete against them and have a chance to win the tournaments like this when they're playing well.

Q. Do you feel like you're ready to compete against those guys in the final of a Grand Slam and perhaps to go that step further?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah. I already played two Grand Slam finals and I beat them both in Grand Slams. But, again, of course they will always be the favorites, and we are the guys who need to play really well if we're going to have a chance to beat them.

Every match, you know, I will always have a chance.

Q. Do you ever hear from Borg at all, best wishes? You've play better here than he ever did.

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, sometimes. We meet sometimes, and sometimes he calls me, sends me texts. It's nice.

Q. You may play against Tsonga. You never lost a set against him.

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, we played many times. Even though I haven't lost a set, we had tough matches. He's a great player. I always played very well against him. Hopefully, you know, if I play him now, I will play well again.

But you never know, he's a tough player, and he obviously likes it down there in Australia, being a finalist a couple years ago.

Q. But you play well against him because you like his game?

ROBIN SODERLING: I'm not sure. You know, I always play well, as I said, against him. But he's a tough player. I don't think anybody can say they like his game because he's very good and it's always tough against him.

But I've been lucky to play good against him.

Q. Now you work a little more with your new coach, can you tell us a little bit about the relationship you have?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah. You know, so far it worked very well. We haven't lost a match yet together, which is not many players can say that (laughter).

But still it's very fresh. We had a couple of good weeks at the off season. But of course it's very different, you know, working together when you have the time at home, really practicing, than when you're at a tournament.

But we worked on a couple details in my game which I feel I already improved. But hopefully, you know, the time goes on and we have more time to work on it. Hopefully it will keep improving.

Q. What kind of details?

ROBIN SODERLING: I'm trying to play a little bit more aggressive, come to the net a little bit more. Of course, my net game, we worked on a lot, how to move at the net. Also my serve, I'm trying to mix it up a little bit more than before.

And, again, you know, it's working fine so far.

Q. When Europe is freezing and you come to Australia which is very hot, how do you adapt?

ROBIN SODERLING: It's nice to get some tan (laughter).

No, I always like to come down here during the winter when it's cold back home in Europe. But it's not very difficult. You know, we travel a lot. We play on different places all the time.

This year I choose to come here pretty early. I played in Brisbane and I had a week of practice in Melbourne just to get prepared. And I think, you know, it worked well.

Q. Roger and Rafa are the players who play always on the Rod Laver Arena. Sometimes you go other places. What do you prefer, to go on the center court or to play near to the crowd?

ROBIN SODERLING: You know, it's very different. There's always courts you like better and there's courts you don't like as much. But sometimes it can be the center court, sometimes it can be an outside court. It's very different.

But I try not to think about it too much. Just focus on my game. Here all the courts are very similar, so it's not a big difference.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 85680.html

#74 24-01-2011 16:01:00

Serenity

User

AO 2011 - wywiad po porażce w 4 rundzie

Q. You had your right foot taped at 4 1 in the fourth set. Did that hinder you right throughout the game? What's the extent of the injury?
ROBIN SODERLING: Well, I had a blister on my toe, but it's nothing serious. You know, of course it hurts a little bit, but it's nothing bad.

Q. It didn't hinder you at all?

ROBIN SODERLING: Maybe for one game. But then I got it retaped and fixed, and then it was fine.

Q. You won the first set. Seemed to struggle in the rest of the sets. What was the story there?

ROBIN SODERLING: Well, yeah, I think I struggled throughout the whole match. I won the first set, yeah, but I didn't win it because I played well.

You know, he wasn't on it at the start. Then he started to play much better, which I didn't. Then, you know, he played much better.

Q. What did you think of him as a player? What are some of his qualities?

ROBIN SODERLING: He's a good player. You know, he has a great backhand and he's moving very well. He's a great counter puncher. He has a good chance to do really well, I think.

Q. Did you underestimate him today?

ROBIN SODERLING: No, no, I didn't. I never underestimate anyone. I just didn't feel good. I didn't play good enough. Simple as that.

Q. What was the problem to your foot? I think in the second set I saw something. Also on your serve, there were some first serves 136 kilometers per hour, which is not your usual speed.

ROBIN SODERLING: I had some problems for a couple games with the sun. It was tough to see. I tried to put it in a little bit safer.

But, yes, of course, 130 kilometers per hour in the first serve is not great. It's not something I'm proud of. That's how it is.

I struggled many times in this tournament. And I think, you know, I never had a good first month in my career. But still, you know, I won a title and made it to the fourth round here.

At least it's much better than the past years.

Q. You're not going to fire Pistolesi as your new coach?

ROBIN SODERLING: No, definitely not. He's a great coach. As I said, we had the best start ever, so I'm sure it's going to be good.

Q. Can you tell me what Pistolesi has brought to your game, some new things?

ROBIN SODERLING: I mean, it's still very new. We haven't worked for so long. We actually only worked for two or three weeks when I'm not playing tournaments, which is really the time you can really work on things. During tournaments it's different.

But, you know, he's a great coach. He's got a lot of experience. We worked on a couple of details in my game, which I think is improving.

Q. Like what?

ROBIN SODERLING: Like my net game. You know, I'm trying to come to the net a little bit more. We try to work on how to move at the net, which I still have a lot to learn.

But it's not going to be perfect in a couple of weeks. It will take some time. But I think we're both very confident that I'm going to improve.

Q. Can you put your finger on why the Australian Open has been a bit of a bogey tournament for you?

ROBIN SODERLING: No. I wish.

Q. Is it the weather or heat?

ROBIN SODERLING: No, today was not very hot. The weather's always different. You know, it's never two days in a row where you have the same conditions, which is very tough. But, of course, it's the same for every player.

You know, I thought it was tough for me in Australia. But, you know, I played really well in Brisbane. I played some very good tennis.

But this tournament, you know, I've been struggling a lot this year, too. You know, I fight through three matches, which I'm very proud of, but I never felt that I played really well, which you need to, especially in a Grand Slam.

Q. Rafa talked the other day that he wasn't playing well but managed to pull it out. Do you feel even though you weren't playing well, you should have pulled it out?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, I had some chances. As I said, I did it for three matches. I couldn't do it for the fourth one. Yeah, I had some chances. But, you know, my two biggest weapons is my serve and my forehand. They were not weapons today. Then it's tough. I was really fighting.

As you said, I was up a break. Maybe with a little bit of luck, I could have won. But he played better than me.

Q. Did you have a tough time with his slice?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, he's a good player. But mostly I had tough times with myself.

Q. Where are you going next?

ROBIN SODERLING: I will play in Rotterdam next.

Q. Then?

ROBIN SODERLING: Then probably Marseille. So two indoor tournaments in Europe.

Q. If you were to point to the main strength or skill of Dolgopolov, what would you point to? What is the main skill of this guy for you?

ROBIN SODERLING: He's a great player. He has a really good backhand and he's moving well. He's defending very well. He's a great counter puncher.

Q. How much do victories over Nadal and Federer in previous years has built up a great player and you believe in yourself that you're gonna be a top player?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, I think all my victories in the past years give me a lot of confidence. I really show to myself that I can do well, I can win a lot of matches, and really compete, yeah, for the Grand Slam tournaments, all the big tournaments.

I think, you know, confidence is maybe the most important thing in this sport.

Q. You're so different, at least you seem so different, to Pistolesi. He is always telling jokes. I don't know if he does it with you. But I know him since he was 18 years old. Do you like the company also or you don't see away from tennis?

ROBIN SODERLING: No, we spend a lot of time together. He's a great guy.

I think you're wrong. I think we're very similar. It's just that I don't tell you guys jokes (smiling).

Q. Well, start.

ROBIN SODERLING: No (smiling).

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 14764.html

#75 14-02-2011 20:49:35

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

#8 ) Rotterdam 2011

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/D425B0A8F0434883BC639C95A71F1965.ashx

R32 Robin Haase 6-3 6-2
R16 Philipp Kohlschreiber 6-3 5-7 7-6(7)
Q Mikhail Youzhny 6-4 7-6(5)
S Viktor Troicki 7-5 6-4
W Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 6-3 3-6 6-3

#76 21-02-2011 12:33:48

jaccol55

Administrator

Tydzień później...

#9 Marsylia 2011

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0e79fj7aqQd3p/232x245.jpg?center=0.5,0

R32 Bye
R16 - Nicolas Mahut (FRA) 7-6(8) 7-6(5)
Q - Michael Llodra (FRA) 6-1 6-4
S - Dmitry Tursunov (RUS) 7-5 6-1
W - Marin Cilic (CRO) 6-7(8) 6-3 6-3

#77 21-02-2011 17:09:07

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Soderling Claims Third Title Of Season

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/B77B44FA32AB4748BB98DEBCDD4CDB94.ashx
Robin Soderling has a 17-1
record in 2011.

World No. 4 Robin Soderling is proving nigh on unstoppable at the start of the 2011 ATP World Tour season as he clinched his third title in four tournaments with a 6-7(8), 6-3, 6-3 victory over Marin Cilic in the final of the Open 13 in Marseille.

The Swede has opened the season with a 17-1 match record, also winning titles at the Brisbane International (d. Roddick) in the first week of the season and at the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament in Rotterdam (d. Tsonga) last week. His only defeat came at the hands of Ukrainian Alexandr Dolgopolov in five sets in the fourth round of the Australian Open.

“It’s of course a very nice feeling," said Soderling. "Winning three tournaments in four tries is something I’ve never been close to before. It’s the best possible start. I’ve won many matches and only lost one, unfortunately in the fourth round in Melbourne. It’s a great start and I really hope it can continue this way."

It is the first time in his career that the 26-year-old Soderling has won three ATP World Tour titles in a season. As winner of the ATP World Tour 250 indoor hard-court tennis tournament, he added a further 250 South African Airways 2011 ATP Ranking points to his tally and received €93,450 in prize money.

Top seed Soderling had not dropped a set in three matches to reach the final, but found himself up against it when Cilic broke serve in the first game. While Soderling was able to fight back and level at 4-4, Cilic had the edge in the ensuing tie-break and took a one-set lead.

Soderling struck back in the second set with an early break of serve and despite relinquishing his lead midway through the set, reeled off three straight games from 3-3 to level the match. He then converted one of his three break points in the third set to clinch victory in just over two hours.

“It was tough," admitted Soderling. "I was a little bit unlucky that he broke me in the first game and then he played really well. I wasn’t aggressive enough and really let him dictate the rallies in the first set. I told myself I needed to be on top of things a little bit more and be more aggressive and it really worked; the second set was really good for me. I’m really proud the way I turned things around.”

It marked Soderling’s ninth ATP World Tour title from 19 tour-level finals. The Tibro native had finished runner-up in Marseille (l. to Hrbaty) on his debut in 2004. 

World No. 28 Cilic was contesting his ninth ATP World Tour final (5-4 record) and his first since finishing runner-up in Munich (l. to Youzhny) last May. The Croatian returned to top form this week in Marseille, having won back-to-back matches only three times in the past six months.

“For a set and a half I was playing really well and in a high level; I was able to stay with him physically and dictating the game," reflected Cilic. "I was extremely happy with the performance I played. In the seventh game of the second set, when I lost serve, that changed the momentum a bit. He got a step in front of me and I was all the time behind, looking to make changes to get back in the game. He was really playing good in the second part of the match.

“I’m really pleased with this week and also the past two or three weeks, starting with the Australian Open. That shows me I’m a little bit more in the game and playing better. It’s, of course, a little bit of a relief to come to the final after almost a year. I think I played well all week. There is no reason why I should stop here.”

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … eason.aspx

#78 23-04-2011 10:05:38

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Soderling still short of fitness after Barcelona exit

http://www.tennistalk.com/images/article/743.jpg

Robin Soderling is still searching for form after injury following his opening-match exit at the Barcelona Open.

The Swedish third seed was upset by Croatian Ivan Dodig and now heads to more clay at next week's Estoril Open.

The pace has slowed considerably for the two-time Roland Garros finalist, who won three titles from four ATP events - Brisbane, Rotterdam and Marseille - to start the season. But fitness issues arose and his level fell with early defeats at the hardcourt Masters pair at Indian Wells and Miami.

"I've been sick four times since December, my fevers and colds that come and gone," Soderling told Swedish media. The No. 5 skipped Monte Carlo and came to Barcelona early with Italian coach Claudio Pistolesi. But his work went in vain in the loss to Dodig a year after reaching the final against Spaniard Fernando Verdasco.

Besides his influenza, Soderling also felt a return of Achilles tendon problems that had bothered him early in his career. "Some days it feels great and other days I can't give 100 percent."

The Barcelona loss widens the rankings gap between number four Andy Murray, who withdrew injured from this week's Spanish tournament after hurting his elbow in Monte Carlo. But Soderling said he's not concerned. "Tennis is not about being the best today but being consistent over a full year."

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20110 … elona_exit

#79 02-05-2011 20:33:02

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Soderling rozstał się ze swoim trenerem, po 5 miesiącach współpracy. Trochę dziwna decyzja. Soda ostatnio trochę cieniował, ale od stycznia zdążył wygrać 3 turnieje ATP, czyli 1/3 tego, co miał na koncie przed rozpoczęciem współpracy z Pistolesim.

Soderling splits with coach of five months

http://d.yimg.com/i//ng/sp/eurosport/20110502/25/666a99b007b8d91148f51316abb12bdb.jpg

Robin Soderling has parted ways with his coach Claudio Pistolesi, just five months after joining forces with the Italian.

Soderling, who was coached by Magnus Norman until December last year, enjoyed a blistering start to the year by winning three of his first four tournaments in Brisbane, Rotterdam and Marseille.

His only ATP loss in the first two months of the season was at the hands of Ukrainian Alexandr Dolgopolov in the fourth round of the Australian Open.

But since then the Swedish world number five has been struggling and last week's straight sets loss to Juan Martin Del Potro in the quarter-finals at Estoril appears to have been the final straw.

"It's true, they will end their co-operation," Soderling's agent Nina Wennerstrom said. "He's an amazingly good coach and Robin respects him a lot.

"There have been many things in their work that has been working very well but there have also been some parts that they have had different points of view.

"They have decided to end this together but they've done it as friends. Robin is proud of what he has achieved but knows that he can get even better. After all, he's just 26.

"We'll be looking at some options and we will make a decision quite soon. It's an intense time of the year with the French Open and lots of other tournaments. We'd like to find a replacement as soon as possible."

Soderling has reached the final of the French Open in each of the past two years, losing to Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal respectively. The Swede also boasts the record of being the first, and so far only, man to beat Nadal at Roland Garros, which he did in 2009.
Pippa Davis / Eurosport

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/02052011/ … onths.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#80 17-05-2011 23:35:51

jaccol55

Administrator

Stopka forum

RSS