Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#21 18-09-2009 20:44:36

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Re: Juan Martin del Potro

Fed-Expresso napisał:

smiałe cele

Jedyne słuszne moim zdaniem. Juan dokonał rzeczy wielkiej, jako drugi (po Nole) człowiek wygrał szlema w erze dominacji Rafy i Rogera. Cel opanowania rankingu to jest logiczna konsekwencja nowojorskiego sukcesu. W tym roku zapewne Argentyńczyk awansuje na 4 miejsce, a kolejny progres wydaje się być bardzo prawdopodobny, jak tak dalej będzie się rozwijał tenisowo i mentalnie. Podoba mi się to w jaki sposób jest prowadzony. Przykład to ostatnie turnieje - w Waszyngtonie i Kanadzie pokazał dużą formę, następnie wycofał się z Cincy i być może właśnie ta decyzja przyniosła mu wymarzony puchar na kortach FM.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#22 18-09-2009 22:55:45

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Del Potro comes of age

Roger Federer had contested 20 Grand Slam finals prior to his 3-6, 7-6 (5), 4-6, 7-6 (4), 6-2 loss to Juan Martin del Potro in the 2009 US Open final, but he had only taken defeats to one man, Rafael Nadal, during the five occasions he was unable to hoist the big trophy.

But the world No. 1 had never been asked to do what the 20-year-old Argentine required of him, which was to match his nuclear power over a four-hour period and find a way to hit through and around a younger man who was overmatching him off the ground, was serving bigger and returning with more confidence and force.

Federer had chopped down plenty of pure power players before and had beaten del Potro six straight times coming into the match, but the tall free-swinger from Tandil was less mature then, was lacking in fitness and didn't really believe that when crunch time came he would have more answers.

But outside of a nervous first set, he largely out-played one of the greatest players in US Open history, a man who had won five successive Opens and who had played so well from 2004-2008 that he was never forced to contest a five-setter in a final.

“Five was great, four was great, too,” said Federer, who won Roland Garros and Wimbledon this year but fell in Australia and New York. “Six would have been a dream, too. Can't have them all. I've had an amazing summer and a great run. I'm not too disappointed just because I thought I played another wonderful tournament. Had chances today to win but couldn't take them. It was unfortunate. I thought he hung in there and gave himself chances and, in the end, was the better man.”

Del Potro kept hitting out with his forehand, even though Federer's is oh-so-dangerous, but made the right decision, as he ended the contest with 37 forehand winners to just 20 from Federer. The Argentine had little trouble hammering into Federer's weaker backhand side with searing cross-court backhands, finally got enough rhythm with his two-handed backhand to be able to pass the on-rushing Swiss, and moved at times, like, well, Nadal.

During the sixth game of the fourth set, after chasing down a Federer blast near the wall and curling it for a forehand winner around the net post, he scooted around, high-fiving the crowd.

A quiet and modest guy, del Potro didn't back away from the occasion and reveled in it, waving to his large contingent of Argentine fans to get himself pumped up and looking up in sheer joy as they serenaded him with cries of “Ole, Ole, Delpo.”

He faced down Federer in the second-set tiebreaker by blasting an inside-out forehand winner to take the set. He survived a major hiccup in the third set, when he double faulted twice to lose the set.

“When I lost the third set, going to break up, I start to think bad things,” del Potro said. “It was so difficult to keep trying to keep fighting. But one more time, the crowd and the fans helped me a lot to fight until last point. I think I have to say thank you to everyone for that."

Down 4-5 at 30-30 and just two points from defeat in the fourth set, del Potro nailed an ace and forehand down-the-line winner. He then took the tiebreaker when Federer committed two uncharacteristic forehand errors, and in the fifth set, the 6-foot-6 del Potro stepped on the gas quickly.

He broke Federer early with a wicked forehand cross-court passing shot to 2-0, and at his third match point at 5-2, hit another heavy forehand that a defensive Federer couldn't handle.

He dropped onto his back, looking like a towering snow angel in search of the first fall signs of winter flurries and later gave a tearful thanks to his family and friends back in Tandil.

“My dream done. It's over,” said del Potro, who became the first Argentine male to win the title since Guillermo Vilas in 1977. “I will go home with a trophy, and it's my best sensation ever in my life.

"I didn't have the experiences in these types of matches. Last night was terrible. I couldn't sleep. I was playing the best player ever in such a big stadium and in a Grand Slam final, and it weighed heavily on me. But I knew I had to keep fighting because it was Grand Slam final, and the crowd was supporting me so much that they deserved it. They lifted me, and finally I was able to turn it around mentally. It was an amazing match, amazing people. Everything is perfect.”

Del Potro is only the fourth player since Federer won his first major at 2003 Wimbledon to break the Nadal-Federer stranglehold at the majors. One of the other men, 2005 Australian Open champion Marat Safin, will retire at the end of this year. That leaves 2003 U.S. champion Roddick, 2008 Australian titlist Novak Djokovic and del Potro to contend with the Swiss and the Spaniard, who have won 21 majors in that period.

Del Potro is the first guy to beat Nadal and Federer back-to-back at a major -- no small feat. Like Safin did to Pete Sampras back at the 2000 US Open, the young guy with a blinding haymaker knocked out a stunned older legend. He has the on-court tools and, apparently, the willpower.

That should clearly make him a significant part of the conversation in years to come in his beloved New York.

“Of course, I will be in the history of this tournament,” del Potro said. "That's amazing for me. I have new opportunities in the other Grand Slams to win because if I did here, if I beat Nadal, Federer and many good players, maybe I can do one more time.”

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/articl … 09859.html

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#23 19-09-2009 12:52:13

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Del Potro matures into major player
By David Ornstein

http://blog.nj.com/njsports_impact/2009/09/large_delground14.jpg

Juan Martin del Potro has long been touted as a potential Grand Slam champion and many believe he possesses all the weapons to become a future world number one.

The first of those predictions has just come to fruition, making the second appear more likely than ever before.

Up against top-seed Roger Federer, who was targeting a 16th Grand Slam title and sixth successive US Open, the task facing Del Potro in his maiden major final was plain for all to see.

But four hours and six minutes later, the great Swiss had been humbled 3-6 7-6 (7-5) 4-6 7-6 (7-4) 6-2 and it seemed like we might just be staring at the future of men's tennis.

"I have many things to improve to be better," said world number five Del Potro, in a potentially ominous warning to his rivals.

"I would like to be top four, top three or top one in the future. But I have to play like today many, many weeks in the year.

JONATHAN OVEREND BLOG
This young man, 6ft 6ins tall with the fiercest forehand around, will be world number one - absolutely no doubt - almost certainly the next one, possibly sometime soon if this form continues

"I don't have the shape to do that but maybe if I'm still working and still going in the same way, maybe in the future I can."

With the men's game currently enjoying a purple patch in terms of both quality and competition, the 6ft 6in Argentine cannot afford to stand still.

But history suggests players who win Grand Slam titles in their early 20s, and before fully developing or reaching their peak, tend to materialise into serial champions.

Del Potro is soon to turn 21 and has a game for all surfaces, with a booming serve, laser-guided groundstrokes, a vastly-improved volley and majestic movement.

Provided he keeps injury free, controls his emotions and contains his occasionally-volatile temperament, the top four of Federer, Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray and Novak Djokovic had better watch their backs.

"Rafa and I have had some epic ones over the years," said Federer. "Who knows, maybe Del Potro is going to join this as well."

Del Potro hails from Tandil - a modest rural city of 100,000 inhabitants, located 250km south of Buenos Aires - where he began playing tennis at the age of six.

Del Potro hails 'unbelievable' win

He learned his trade at Club Independiente under the stewardship of coach Marcelo Gomez, who also trained Tandil natives Mariano Zabaleta, Diego Junqueira, Maximo Gonzalez and Juan Monaco.

"Juan Martin has just made history in Argentine tennis," said an emotional Gomez, who watched the final on a big screen at Club Independiente.

"At the age of 20, he beats number one ranked Federer to win the US Open. I don't think he understands the magnitude of what he's just accomplished.

"We have a work method in Tandil. People here celebrated in the streets as if we had just won the soccer World Cup."

From an early age and throughout his rise up the junior and senior rankings, it was evident that Del Potro had the ability to go far - especially on hard courts, which have played host to five of his seven ATP Tour titles.

He claimed the prestigious Orange Bowl at the age of 14 and really came to prominence in 2008 by winning 23 matches and four tournaments in a row after Wimbledon.
Juan Martin del Potro
Del Potro struggled to digest the magnitude of his triumph

Del Potro was reduced to tears after that sequence was ended by Murray in the US Open quarter-finals and was also involved in a heated exchange with the British number one at the Italian Open earlier that year.

The South American, known as the Giant of the Pampas, seemed to have matured in time for the 2009 season and served further notice of his capabilities by beating Nadal in Miami, taking Federer to five sets in the French Open semi-finals and thrashing Nadal in the last four at Flushing Meadows.

But, as Murray knows only too well, winning that first Grand Slam title is easier said than done. The last 24 Grand Slam tournaments have been shared by just five different players.

"He has the personality, ambition and potential to get to the top of the world rankings," said Nadal's uncle and coach Toni. "He had an amazing year in 2008, so we knew he would turn into a dangerous rival."

As a boy, Del Potro actually preferred football to tennis - "when I was young I played soccer better than tennis, I don't know what I am doing here," said the Boca Juniors fan after beating Federer - but there is no doubting where his focus now lies.

His superb run in 2008 made him the first player in ATP history to win his first four titles in as many tournaments and the 12th teenager to win at least four titles in a season.

Ten of the previous 11 went on to reach number one in the world, and it looks like Del Potro could follow suit.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/8256194.stm

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#24 19-09-2009 13:07:03

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Juan Martín del Potro can extend golden age of tennis

Just when we thought that men’s tennis could not get any better, Juan Martín del Potro explodes into life in New York with a performance that must rank among the most impressive in the recent history of grand-slam competitions.

The final may not have had the emotional intensity of Rafael Nadal’s victory over Roger Federer in Melbourne in January or the longevity of Federer’s epic defeat of Andy Roddick at Wimbledon, but it was nevertheless a match for the ages.

Make no mistake, Federer was near the peak of his considerable powers at the Arthur Ashe Stadium on Monday night. Other than his first serve, which was not firing quite as he would have liked, his strokes were immaculate, his movements characteristically lithe and graceful and his competitiveness visceral. Over the course of the first set and a half, Federer seemed to be on course for an extraordinary sixteenth grand-slam event title.

But the manner of Del Potro’s fightback tells us much about the young Argentinian’s potential to become a multiple grand-slam tournament winner.

We have long known about the power he packs in those low-trajectory groundstrokes, but what we witnessed in the US Open final was a capacity to hit the lines with relentless accuracy, combined with a canny willingness to tease the arc of Federer’s backhand. This was not merely a masterclass in ferocity, but, at times, in finesse.

And in resilience. When Del Potro double-faulted twice in a row to hand Federer the third set, it seemed like the end of the road for the 20-year-old. Many have reached the final of a grand-slam tournament only to find themselves overwhelmed by the unique demands of playing the climactic match and, over the course of those two points, Del Potro seemed to dwindle from thrusting pretender to overawed novice. The demons were out in force, playing with his mind, testing his nerves, posing questions that seemed, momentarily, unanswerable.

But answer them he did, breaking serve in the fifth game of the fourth set and winning his second tie-break of the match. By the closing stages of the final set, Federer seemed thoroughly unsure how to adjust his strategy to counter the awesome power of an opponent whose stature was growing before our eyes.

The Swiss battled valiantly, as he always does, but by the final point he seemed outgunned and, against all expectation, out of ideas.

The great joy of men’s tennis in recent years has been in witnessing the wondrous contrast in styles and temperaments of its two leading practitioners. Federer and Nadal have given us a series of unforgettable duels — the poet going head-to-head with the warrior in what sometimes seemed less like a sporting rivalry than a philosophical dispute about how sport should be played. The joy was to be found not just in the aesthetics of their contests, but in a deeper, almost ideological, dialogue.

But while thrilling, this rivalry has long been accompanied by a fear that the men’s game will be thoroughly impoverished by the retirement (through injury or age) of either man; that what has become a golden age will end the moment the curtain falls on their long struggle for supremacy.

However, the improbable emergence of Del Potro alongside Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray ought to go some way to placating that fear. This is a golden age that may endure for a good while yet.

Del Potro’s most formidable asset is that he has the game to test Nadal, the player most likely to vie with him — assuming a full recovery from injury by the Spaniard — over the coming months and years.

Nadal’s most potent weapon is to be found in the vertiginous bounce of his groundshots, particularly his forehand on the diagonal, which force right-handed opponents to execute their backhands from around the vicinity of their necks.

But Nadal’s use of this tactic looked ever more forlorn as his semi-final with Del Potro wore on at the weekend. The Spaniard used devilish quantities of top spin, his follow-through sometimes culminating more than a foot behind his head, but on each occasion he merely succeeded in teeing up the ball for his 6ft 6in opponent.

Del Potro’s height is such that steep bounce causes him few difficulties, the Argentinian simply leaning into the ball with his double-hander. The 6-2, 6-2, 6-2 scoreline was Nadal’s most one-sided defeat in a grand-slam event.

Would an injury-free, crusading Nadal have been outclassed by Del Potro at Flushing Meadows? Has Federer the appetite to face down a new challenge from yet another young pretender? Will Del Potro’s hunger remain intact, having won his first grand-slam tournament title, and does he have a B-game to go with his brilliant A-game? These are some of the urgent and tantalising questions that have emerged as the tennis world has swung — once again — on its axis.

From a more partisan perspective, here is another: where does Murray fit in to the new order? The Scot was deeply disappointing in his fourth-round, straight-sets defeat by Marin Cilic and will be painfully aware that comparisons to Colin Montgomerie — who has failed to win a major championship in golf — have already started to be made.

This is more than a little unfair, given Murray’s relative youth, but with every passing failure in a grand-slam tournament, the monkey will grow ever larger on his back.

One thing is certain: the emergence of Del Potro as the most exciting young player in tennis has made Murray’s task that much harder.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ … 836271.ece

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#25 19-09-2009 13:08:57

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

http://www.delpotrotenis.com/

Strona internetowa Del Potro. Wydaje się być bardzo kompletna i dopracowana. Szkoda tylko, że wszystko jest po hiszpańsku, a opcji włączenia strony angielskiej, nie zauważyłem.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#26 19-09-2009 13:42:36

asiek

User

Del Potro zrobił prawdziwą furorę w Argentynie Nie wiem czy można tu ale wkleje kilka zdjęć z powitania, jak ktoś czasem nie widział:
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/06/fullj.050dfddbebb7f03e0dc00f1d2fff2fe5/050dfddbebb7f03e0dc00f1d2fff2fe5-getty-tennis-argentina-us_open-del_potro-tandil.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/rids/20090917/i/r17065941.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/afp/20090917/capt.photo_1253231439392-1-0.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/afp/20090916/capt.photo_1253081015981-1-0.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090915/capt.22ad493ffe1d4f42813ad96fa994f834.us_open_del_potro_tennis_nyma104.jpg

#27 21-09-2009 14:09:45

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Powitany prawie jak piłkarscy Mistrzowie Globu

Jeszcze jeden artykuł:
For del Potro, the Landscape Has Changed
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/16/sport … .html?_r=1

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#28 06-10-2009 20:26:56

szeva

User

Bacznie obserwuję rozwój kariery DelPo i widze z każdym miesiącem duże postępy na tego chłopaka zwróciłem uwagę  latem ub.roku gdy miał ta serię zwycięskich turniejów, ale co zrobił w tym sezonie, przechodzi wszelkie pojęcie!!! QF w AO SF w RG i wygrana w USO, ciekawe na co jeszcze stać JMDP. Chyba za dużo poświętował po USO bo dzisiaj poległ w 1R w Tokio z Rogerem-Vasselinem

I LOVE TENNIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#29 22-10-2009 15:02:52

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Juan Martin del Potro: one giant leap

The Argentinian reached the summit with his win at the US Open and can do so again at the Barclays ATP World Tour finals.

Barry Flatman

The reigning US Open champion seems to have it all. When Juan Martin del Potro took the title at Flushing Meadows last month, aged 20, he became the first player to beat Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer back to back in a Grand Slam. There is every reason for the 6ft 6in Argentinian, the tallest winner of a major, to look down on all he surveys.

Yet ask his coach, Franco Davin, to describe his biggest challenge and the future appears more difficult for the world No 5. “The toughest job I have?” answers Davin, who guided the unseeded Gaston Gaudio to the 2004 French Open title but now sees the potential of Del Potro as gargantuan in comparison. “It is not to work on his shots, it is not to make him fitter. The thing I have to do every day, with almost every conversation, is to repeatedly make him believe that he has now earned the right to believe he is one of the very top players. It’s a battle to get Juan Martin to believe in himself. He feels hesitant, that’s his natural personality, and it’s important to change him.”

Perhaps Del Potro will feel at home when he arrives in London for the Barclays ATP World Tour finals, which start at the 02 Arena on November 22. He is at least guaranteed his longest stay in the city; in three visits to Wimbledon, he has never made round three. For the finale to the men’s tour, contested by the world’s eight best players and staged on a more convivial indoor hard court surface, he is guaranteed a minimum of three matches by the initial round-robin format.

The tournament venue will allow him to extend his knowledge of architecture, a subject he intends to pursue at college when his playing days are over. “I used to draw a lot and I think I was quite good but I don’t seem to have time now,” he says in Spanish. “The architecture of certain cities is very interesting. New York means something special but I also like to look at the design of great buildings in Paris and Rome.

“I don’t know that much about London’s architecture but I saw a picture of the 02 Arena the other day and it looks very different. We’ve been told it’s the best possible venue for indoor tennis.”

Like so many extremely tall men, Del Potro walks with something of a natural stoop. There seems to be a degree of insecurity and that becomes all the more apparent with each attempt to gauge his mood. He is certainly not extrovert by nature. Quiet and reserved, the struggle to make his feelings known in English must wait for another day.

“Yes, I am a shy person,” he acknowledges. “That’s the way I was brought up, that’s what I have always been. My family is the same, we are all quite withdrawn and like to live a tranquil life at home. Nobody wants to make a fuss and I try to learn from them. I have no intention of changing off the court because nobody can change their personality. But on the court now I am a different person. Once I step over the line, I feel I’m now a much more aggressive player and that feeling is getting greater all the time.

“However, it is true that I still don’t think of myself as one of the very top players. To me there is Roger, there is Rafa. Then there are other top guys like Murray and Djokovic who are the ones people are expecting to win a big title if the top two don’t.

“Me? I’m still in the pack behind the top guys. Sure I won the US Open, which has always been my greatest ambition, but I’ve come to the conclusion that it was a big surprise for me to give the performance I did in those matches against Rafa and Roger. I honestly didn’t think I was prepared sufficiently to do what I did.”

Such comments make Davin blanche. Admittedly, the US Open final was Del Potro’s first win over Federer after a run of six successive defeats, five of them without even taking a set.

But before New York, this year the Argentinian had won his two encounters with Nadal on cement in Miami and Montreal. On clay in Madrid, Del Potro broke Murray’s monopoly in their rivalry, which dated back to junior days.

“It’s a process [building confidence], a long process that requires patience,” says the coach. “But if he won the US Open with a lack of confidence, it only goes to show he can go a lot further. After working with him for nearly two years I know the way he thinks. Although he is reluctant to say he belongs at the top, there is another side that says he is determined to get there.

“Reaching the final against Roger and then to lose in five sets would have been a good performance. What he did showed there was much more. The mentality of South American players grows at a slower pace than Europeans. Federer was the same age group as Guillermo Coria and David Nalbandian but he matured much quicker. Then there was Murray, Djokovic, even Rafa. They are a year or so older than Juan Martin but established themselves much earlier. He turned 21 a few days after New York. He still has so much time.”

Del Potro’s desire not to cause a fuss was put to the test after his US Open win. He returned to a hero’s welcome in his home town of Tandil and more than half its population of 140,000 thronged the streets to welcome him as he was driven around on a fire engine. Then he was further lauded at the Bombonera football stadium of his beloved Boca Juniors. “Thankfully they did not put another microphone in my hand. But they made a special club shirt with ‘US Open champion 2009’ written on it and I kicked a few balls. That was okay.”

Like so many of his compatriots, Del Potro is engrossed in football. Last week he agonised as the national team flirted with disaster before qualifying for next year’s World Cup. The anguish was compounded when tendinitis in his wrist forced him to retire from the Shanghai Masters in a second-round match against Jurgen Melzer.

“Right now I am feeling very tired and beat-up after the experiences I have been through but it would have been so much worse if the team hadn’t won,” he says. “That would have been terrible. Argentina’s two World Cup wins were before I was even born but we have a proud tradition and believe we belong. Now I am happy for the team. Martin Palermo, who scored the [winning] goal against Peru, plays for Boca Juniors and is a friend. I also know Carlos Tevez and hope I get the chance to see him when I go to London.”

Davin can recall the national emotion triggered by the World Cup wins of 1978 and 1986 but insists he is not exaggerating by saying the reaction to Del Potro’s US Open title was not far behind. “I believe the people turned their attention from football to tennis because of what Juan Martin did,” says the former Argentina Davis Cup captain. “People back in Buenos Aires told me the Monday Juan Martin beat Federer was like the day of a World Cup final. The nation stopped.

“It has never been like that for tennis. But [it was] for Juan Martin. And he tells me he feels comfortable with this. So although he will not say he belongs right at the top, deep inside I think he now actually feels it.”

No i jeszcze mały Juan:

http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~ethan/img/delpo.gif

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#30 21-11-2009 12:52:04

rusty Hewitt

Zbanowany

Del Potro commits to Queen's Club tournament

LONDON (AP)—U.S. Open champion Juan Martin Del Potro will play at next year’s Queen’s Club tournament in an effort to improve his grasscourt game ahead of Wimbledon.

The fifth-ranked Argentine beat Roger Federer in the U.S. Open final but has never advanced past the second round in three appearances at Wimbledon.

Del Potro says “this is the perfect opportunity for me to improve my game on the surface. Many players have done well at Queen’s in the past and then gone on to win at Wimbledon. I hope that this can happen for me also.”

John McEnroe, Jimmy Connors, Boris Becker, Pete Sampras, Lleyton Hewitt and Rafael Nadal have all won the Wimbledon men’s singles title after victory at Queen’s.

The Wimbledon warmup event is scheduled for June 7-13.

http://www.tennis.com/news/news.aspx?id=192290

#31 21-11-2009 17:08:39

Art

User

Juan w magazynie DEUCE:

Del Potro's Perfect Moment

#32 22-11-2009 18:44:31

jaccol55

Administrator

http://www.tenis.sport24.pl/news/show/1 … del-potro/

Magiczny czas Juana Martina Del Potro

Mający 198 cm wzrostu, Juan Martin del Potro nazywany "Wieżą Tandilu" jest najwyższym w historii tenisistą, który wygrał turniej Wielkoszlemowy. Kim tak na prawdę jest człowiek, który oczarował wszystkich podczas US Open?

Parada na cześć argentyńskiego mistrza zaczyna się na skrzyżowaniu Road 226 i Newton Avenue, jednej z głównych ulic Tandilu. Juan Martin del Potro przez krótkie, ale bardzo cenne chwile wita się z rodziną, a następnie wspina się na jaskrawy czerwony samochód strażacki, by rozpocząć przejażdżkę wśród mieszkańców jego rodzinnego miasta.

Tłum wpatruje się z zachwyceniem na nowego mistrza US Open. Del Potro właśnie powrócił z długiej podróży, gdzie na nowojorskich kortach pokonał Rafaela Nadala i Rogera Federer, zdobywając swój pierwszy wielkoszlemowy tytuł.

Wielki powiew emocji i czas jakby się zatrzymał.

Emocje Del Potro zmieniają się dramatycznie. Siedzi nieruchomo, a z oczu napływają mu łzy, bezgranicznego szczęścia. Obejmuje twarz obiema rękami. Mieszkańcy jego Tandilu, dopingują go krzycząc jego nazwisko, skandując "Delpo".

„Słyszałem tylko: " Delpo, Delpo" i to wszystko, nic poza tym. Te samochody, motocykle, to było szalone”, mówi del Potro, który teraz siedzi wygodnie na skórzanej kanapie w jednym z liczonych pomieszczeń budynku rady miasta. „A potem, jak gdyby rzeczywistość powróciła, a ja wciąż nie mogłem płakać”

„Moi przyjaciele powiedzieli mi, że prawie jedna trzecie ludności Tandilu tam była, nigdy nie zapomnę tego momentu, to najwspanialsze chwile w moim całym życiu.”, Tandil liczy około 130.000 mieszkańców, natomiast szacuje się, że 40.000 zebrało się na ulicach miasta, aby powitać ich bohatera.

Następnie 20-letni mistrz, dał serdeczne przemówienie z balkonu, przyznając, że czuje się, jak "prezydent". Po przemówieniu do tłumu, otrzymał klucze Tandilu od gubernatora.

Następny przystanek ceremonii powitalnej Juana Martina to klub Independiente, w którym nowo koronowany mistrz US Open zaczął grać w tenisa.

Wśród kibiców stoi kobieta, Viviana, która trzyma rakietę, na której położone jest parę jajek. "Nie rozumiesz tego żartu? Oznacza to, że jest to tenisista z jajami!” mówi, śmiejąc się głośno.

Dzieci wspinają się na drzewa, aby uzyskać lepszy widok "Delpo".

"Mój ojciec przyjechał odebrać mnie w szkole przed zakończeniem lekcji" wyjaśnia 11-letni Alejandro. "Nie chce przegapić tej szansy, by zdobyć jego autograf. Połowa klasy była pusta, kiedy wyszedłem.

Fani mają silne poczucie związku z del Potro, a nawet konkurują ze sobą.

"Znam jego siostrę od dziecka."
„Kupowałem steki w sklepie mięsnym jego dziadka „
"Powiedziałem Juanowi Martinowi, żeby nie grał w piłkę, ale w tenisa ..."

Lista się nie kończy. Każdy myśli, że wie o del Potro więcej niż inni.

Del Potro grał w tenisa oraz piłkę nożną. Ale w wieku 12 lat, musiał dokonać wyboru i z zimną krwią - wybrał tenisa. „Teraz jestem najgorszym piłkarzem jakiego kiedykolwiek widzieliście. Straciłem wszystkie moje zdolności w tym sporcie," przyznaje z uśmiechem del Potro

Drugi na liście popularności tej wielkoszlemowej, popołudniowej euforii w Tandil jest Marcelo Gomez. On nie tylko trenował del Potro od dzieciństwa i przekonał go, aby ten wybrał tenis i rzucił piłkę nożneą, lecz także Gomez współpracował z Mariano Zabaleta, Juanem Monaco, Maximo Gonzalezaem i Diego Junqueira.

Co takiego jest w tym mieście, w Tandil, znajdującym się na południowy zachód od Buenos Aires, który był wcześniej znany tylko z gór i wędlin?

Marcelo Gomez, trener w Independiente, odpowiada: "Każdy mnie pyta, czy istnieje jakaś tajemnica Tandilu. Trzeba ciężko pracować każdego dnia, to nasze przesłanie. Dzieciom rozpocząć proces starej metody gry na ściance. Zachęcamy dzieci również do czystej i eleganckiej gry. Każemy im zachowywać się poprawnie. Czy widziałeś, żeby del Potro czy Monako rzucili swoje rakiety o kort w gniewie? Ja nie widziałem.”

"Po zwycięstwo Juana Martina, mamy setki e-maili z prośbą o zapisanie się do naszego tenisowego klubu. Ludzie z Brazylii, Urugwaju, Chile, Ekwador piszą do nas.", wyjaśnia Gomez. "Jest prawie sto dzieci na liście oczekujących. Musieliśmy zatrudnić nowych instruktorów i planujemy budowę kilku nowych kortów".

Gomez, trenował del Potro aż do roku 2007, kiedy wschodząca gwiazda tenisa rozpoczęła współpracę z Franco Davin, który zresztą jest wychowankiem klubu Independiente.

Davin obecnie doprowadził dwóch zawodników do tytułów wielkoszlemowych. Był trenerem Gastona Gaudio, gdy ten zdobył tytuł Roland Garros 2004 i obecnie trenuje del Potro, który triumfował w tym roku na Flushing Meadows.

Del Potro już wyznacza sobie cele na przyszły sezon i trzeźwo patrzy na swoje umiejętności.

"Chcę zdobyć wiedzę i rozwijać moją grę. Mam zamiar poprawić wolej, serwis, myślę, że idę w dobrym kierunki", mówi del Potro. " Mam dobry serwis, ale jeżeli nie podszlifuję swojego volleya, jeżeli nie nauczę się kończyć punkty przy siatce, nie będę zbyt często pokonywał najlepszych."

Del Potro obecnie zaserwował 510 asów, a są to statystki przed rozpoczęciem Barclays ATP World Tour Finals.

Poczucie na korcie i stabilna forma jest nie zbędna do bycia liderem rankingu ATP. "Juan Martin na pewno postara się być numerem jeden w niedalekiej przeszłości. On pokonał już wszystkich najlepszych chłopaków, z wyjątkiem Novaka Djokovica. Do tego ma zaledwie 21 lat", mówi Davin. "Jednak wszyscy wiemy, że to bardzo trudne zadanie. Możesz przyjrzeć się historii Nadala: od zdobycia wielkiego szlema zaczął być jednym z najlepszych tenisistów świata".

Del Potro sądzi, że aby dorównać Rafaelowi Nadalowi czy Rogerowi Federerowi czeka go długa i żmudna praca. "Aby być jak oni, będę musiał wygrać US Open co najmniej dziesięć razy w roku", żartuje. "Oni (Federer i Nadal przyp. red) nie mają tylko czterech czy pięciu dobrych tygodni, oni grają niesamowicie przez cały rok. Ja natomiast jestem nie stabilny, odpadłem w pierwszej rundzie turnieju w Tokio ".

Juan Martin Del Potro to skromny tenisista z Tandil. Nie czuje się gwiazdą. ”Nie byłem gotowy na to, co przyszło po US Open, " przyznaje del Potro. "Ledwo mogłem zobaczyć moją rodzinę, dałem niezliczoną ilość wywiadów, byłem nawiedzany przez paparazzi, jakbym był gwiazdą telewizji. To nowe doświadczenie, muszę się chyba przyzwyczaić. „

Davin lubi del Potro za to, że potrafi skupić się na pracy, ale ostrzega, że jest on tak skromny, że gasi pragnienie sukcesu. "Człowiek musi wierzyć w siebie! Bił Federera, Nadala i Murray’a po raz pierwszy w swojej karierze, a nie nieliczących się tenisistów!".

Zgodnie z oczekiwaniami, zachęcające słowa pochodzą także od rodaków del Potro. "To co on osiągnął jest przykładem dla młodszych dzieci," mówi David Nalbandian. "Jednak nie musi się śpieszyć i nie naciskajmy na niego. On musi mieć czas, ustatkować się, a następnie bić wyżej rozstawionych chłopaków."

Juan Monaco, długoletni przyjaciel, myśli, że del Potro ma przewagę nad Murray’em czy Djokovicem. „On ma lepszy, bardziej wydajny styl gry. Czas pokaże, ale to zdecydowanie przykład na przyszły numer jeden rankingu."

Legenda tenisa, Guillermo Vilas dodaje: "Osiągając wielkoszlemowy turniej w tym wieku, świadczy o tym, z jakim człowiekiem mamy do czynienia. On ma więcej w sobie ognia niż Murray, ale musi grać idealnie, może go pokonać".

Juan Martin wyciągnął ciekawą teorię, na temat swojego przodownictwa w rankingu ATP, pół żartem mówi: "Jestem jeszcze młody. Będę grał dalej na tym poziomie , a potem Roger, a następnie Rafa odejdą na emeryturę, będę lepszym graczem i wtedy mogę być nr 1 ".

Już dziś swój pierwszy mecz zagra Juan Martin Del Potro w kończącym sezon turnieju w Londynie. Czy wygra, czas pokażę. Eksperci mówią, że ma on potencjał, ale ma też czas. Faktem pozostaje jednak, że Juan Martin Del Potro to człowiek skromny, z poczuciem humoru. Jest to wysoki człowiek, a jego wzrost odpowiada jego talentowi. Mistrz US Open 2009 to po prostu – Juan Martin Del Potro z magicznego Tandil.

#33 25-11-2009 00:32:14

szeva

User

Tevez umówił się w Londynie z Del Potro

- Ma się pojawić na moim następnym meczu - zapowiedział wizytę Carlosa Teveza w hali O2 jego rodak Juan Manuel Del Potro. Argentyńczyk wygrał w drugim grupowym meczu po tie-breaku z Fernando Verdasco 6:4, 3:6, 7:6 (7-1) i nie stracił szans na awans do półfinału World Tour Finals.

Piłkarz Manchesteru City zapowiadał się w Londynie już wcześniej. W pierwszym meczu Del Potro uległ Andy'emu Murrayowi i gdyby powinęła mu się noga również w drugim spotkaniu, przedwcześnie pożegnałby się z turniejem. Ze spotkania Argentyńczyków nic by zatem nie wyszło.

- Denerwowałem się, bo gdybym przegrał, jechałbym do domu - mówił Juan Manuel Del Potro. - Rozmawiałem z Tevezem ostatniego wieczora. Może będzie na moim następnym meczu - dodał, żartując, że mimo wszystko ciekawszy dla snajpera "The Citizens" byłby mecz z udziałem lidera światowych rankingów Rogera Federera.

Juan Martin Del Potro, którego świat poznał na dobre dopiero w tym roku, wtorkowym zwycięstwem nad Verdasco przybliżył się do półfinału. Żeby tego dokonać, będzie musiał ograć samego Federera. Ale Argentyńczyk ma receptę na Szwajcara. Ograł go w finale tegorocznego US Open, sięgając po pierwszy wielkoszlemowy tytuł. - To zwycięstwo odmieniło moje życie. Życie jest piękne! - powtórzył jeszcze raz Del Potro.

http://www.eurosport.pl/tenis/london-ma … tory.shtml

#34 25-11-2009 11:49:20

Fed-Expresso

Masta

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafael "The Slice King" Nadal

[b] Ale Argentyńczyk ma receptę na Szwajcara. Ograł go w finale tegorocznego US Open, sięgając po pierwszy wielkoszlemowy tytuł.

Hmm ciekawe, myślałem, że jak ktoś wygrał 6 na 7 meczy to ma jakieś pojęcie o ogrywaniu tego rywala.

#35 25-11-2009 13:46:07

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Fed-Expresso napisał:

[b] Ale Argentyńczyk ma receptę na Szwajcara. Ograł go w finale tegorocznego US Open, sięgając po pierwszy wielkoszlemowy tytuł.

Hmm ciekawe, myślałem, że jak ktoś wygrał 6 na 7 meczy to ma jakieś pojęcie o ogrywaniu tego rywala.

To jest właśnie przykład jak nierzetelni sprawozdawcy piszą na polskich serwisach sportowych.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#36 25-11-2009 17:07:41

Robertinho

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer forever

O rety, zamiast "znalazł", napisali "ma", już nie bądzcie tacy zasadniczy.

Ostatnio edytowany przez Robertinho (25-11-2009 17:09:23)

#37 27-11-2009 19:35:10

Serenity

User

Konferencja prasowa Juana Martina po zwycięstwie nad Rogerem Federerem:

Read Juan Martin Del Potro's press conference after beating Roger Federer in their round robin match.

Q. When exactly did you know you had qualified? At what exact moment did you know?

JUAN MARTIN DEL Potro: Franco told me I qualified after like 25 minutes after the match, because nobody knows what happen.

But, well, I qualified (smiling).

Q. Can you sum up your performance against Roger Federer tonight.

JUAN MARTIN DEL Potro: I play good tennis today, similar than New York, a little better in some moments of the match. I serve good in important moments. I take my opportunities. That's what I have to do against the best player of the world: take the opportunities and try to play the best tennis.

Q. Can you describe your emotions at the end of the match? Must have been a strange sensation to beat Roger Federer but don't know if you qualified.

JUAN MARTIN DEL Potro: Yes, it was very strange. But I don't want to talk about that because the people who has to made the numbers to see who qualify, they knows what they did. Now is the past. I'm in the semifinals. I happy for that. But was strange.

Q. We saw Carlos Tevez?

JUAN MARTIN DEL Potro: No, we talk last night. We talk this morning. I know he's gonna come to watch the match. Maybe if I play Saturday night, he will be here.

Q. Federer said he didn't feel sorry about all the people that were supportive of Murray. What about you?

JUAN MARTIN DEL Potro: I'm sorry?

Q. Federer told us he don't feel sorry about all the people supporting Murray. How about you? Do you feel sorry he's not in the game now?

JUAN MARTIN DEL Potro: I didn't understand what you say.

Q. Do you feel sorry for Murray's supporters?

JUAN MARTIN DEL Potro: No, this is the sport. Just two players has to qualify. Maybe for the local public is bad to not have the opportunity to see Murray in the semis, but they will see Federer, for sure, and another good players.

Q. What are your thoughts on the other group matches tomorrow, possible semifinal opponents?

JUAN MARTIN DEL Potro: Well, all players are playing very good this season. They are very strong. Djokovic for me could be the most dangerous. But Robin has a good serve. Davydenko is so fast. Everyone has good things to play against me.

But I will try to play like today.

Q. You said you play as well, maybe even better than the US Open. Do you feel it's one of your best matches in your life?

JUAN MARTIN DEL Potro: No, I don't think so. Well, my best match was the final of the US Open. But I feel better again since the US Open, and that's important for the next matches.

Q. Do you like the round robin format or is it too confusing for players and spectators?

JUAN MARTIN DEL Potro: No, it's okay. Is difficult to do these number because Roger, me and Murray won two matches, and unfortunately Murray has to -- he's out. Maybe in the other group, Djokovic win two matches and maybe happen the same. So it's strange for us, but we like it.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20091 … ._26,_2009

#38 29-11-2009 16:23:40

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Del Potro uratował finał sezonu

Mało brakowało, a faworyzowany Juan Martin Del Potro podzieliłby los Rogera Federera. W półfinale World Tour Finals bliski pokonania Argentyńczyka był rezerwowy Robin Soderling. O awansie do wielkiego finału sezonu decydował tie-break. Del Potro wygrał 7:6 (7-1), 3:6, 7:6 (7-3).

Soderling miał w ogóle nie odegrać w Londynie większej roli. Jeszcze kilka dni przed rozpoczęciem imprezy w O2 Arenie Szwed mógł się jedynie cieszyć z miana rezerwowego. Wszystko zmieniło się, gdy z rywalizacji wycofał się Andy Roddick.

Pogromca Rafela Nadala z tegorocznego Rolanda Garrosa wskoczył na miejsce Amerykanina i wykorzystał życiową szansę. W dwóch pierwszych meczach ograł zdecydowanych faworytów grupy. Najpierw ponownie załatwił Nadala, a potem Novaka Djokovicia. Zatrzymał się dopiero na Nikołaju Dawidience, ale i tak razem z Rosjaninem przeszli dalej.

Soderling wygrał pierwszego seta po tie-breaku, w drugim rozstawionemu z piątką Del Potro udało się odrobić straty. Po sześciu gemach trzeciej odsłony zanosiło się na klęskę Argentyńczyka. Soderling przełamał rywala i wyszedł na prowadzenie 4:2. Nie wytrąciło to jednak Del Potro z równowagi. Triumfator tegorocznego US Open spiął się na ostatnie gemy i doprowadził do drugiego w tym meczu tie-breaka.

Potem poszło mu jak z płatka, bo pierwszy punkt przegrał dopiero przy stanie 4:0. Wypracowana na początku przewaga wystarczyła do zwycięstwa. Nie doszło zatem do drugiej niespodzianki w półfinałach Word Tour Finals, bo wyżej rozstawiony Del Potro nie podzielił losu lidera światowych list Rogera Federera, który sensacyjnie przegrał z Dawidienką.

- Grałem przeciwko bardzo, bardzo mocnym rywalom. Dwa mecze wygrałem, dwa przegrałem. Pokazałem, że mogę z nimi rywalizować - podsumował Soderling, który może być zadowolony z występu w O2 Arenie.

- Było blisko... - głęboko odetchnął Del Potro, któremu udało się wyjść z nie lada opresji. Argentyńczyk był pełen uznania dla rywala. - Ma za sobą świetny sezon. Życzę mu wszystkiego dobrego w kolejnym - komplementował Szweda.

Robin Soderling po raz pierwszy w karierze finiszuje w najlepszej dziesiątce. Apetyt rośnie jednak w miarę jedzenia. - Chcę być silniejszy. Chcę być szybszy. Chcę być lepszy - zapowiedział po osiągnięciu półfinału World Tour Finals.

tenisowy.com

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#39 06-12-2009 16:58:10

Serenity

User

Sezon 2009 w liczbach

Ranking: 5
Tytuły: 3
Finały: 2
Bilans spotkań: 54-16    
Zarobki: $4,433,087

AO - 1/4
RG - 1/2
WM - 2 Runda
US - Triumf

#40 10-12-2009 00:54:37

szeva

User

Bohaterowie sezonu: Juan Martín del Potro

Juan Martín del Potro był bezsprzecznie jednym z bohaterów sezonu 2009. Argentyńczyk po raz pierwszy wystąpił w wielkoszlemowym finale i na Flushing Meadows od razu święcił wielki triumf. Niezwykły wyczyn jak na tenisistę, który jeszcze na początku lipca ubiegłego sezonu nie miał na swoim koncie żadnego tytułu i był poza czołową 50 rankingu.
Jego droga do chwały rozpoczęła się w lipcu 2008 roku, gdy wygrał imprezę w Stuttgarcie. Potem triumfował w trzech kolejnych turniejach, a jego serię 23 kolejno wygranych spotkań przerwał dopiero w ćwierćfinale US Open Andy Murray. Del Potro w ciągu niespełna dwóch miesięcy awansował z miejsca 65. do czołowej 20, a sezon ukończył w Top10 i zwieńczył go występem w Masters.

2009 rok Argentyńczyk rozpoczął od wygrania turnieju w Auckland i ćwierćfinału Australian Open. Bardzo dobrze wypadł we wszystkich wielkoszlemowych turniejach za wyjątkiem Wimbledonu, z którego w II rundzie wyeliminował go Lleyton Hewitt. We French Open doszedł do półfinału, przegrywając po emocjonującym pięciosetowym boju z Rogerem Federerem. Kilka miesięcy później zrewanżował się Szwajcarowi za tę porażkę po równie wspaniałym spotkaniu. Do tego zdobył jeszcze tytuł w Waszyngtonie i w ciągu 1,5 roku zaliczył siedem triumfów w cyklu ATP World Tour.

Del Potro jako 21-letni tenisista został piątym najmłodszym triumfatorem US Open w erze Open. Ten magiczny dla siebie sezon zwieńczył drugim występem w Turnieju Mistrzów. Tym razem doszedł aż do finału, przegrywając z rewelacyjnie dysponowanym Nikołajem Dawidienką. Obdarzony znakomitymi warunkami fizycznymi Argentyńczyk bardzo szybko może dostać się na sam szczyt rankingu ATP. Finał US Open, w którym przez półtora seta nic mu się nie układało pokazał jego wielki atut, jakim jest odporność psychiczna.

Olbrzymia determinacja, niesłychana wola walki i nadzwyczajne opanowanie - Argentyńczyk to po prostu urodzony zwycięzca. Poczuł wielką, zewnętrzną siłę, w finale US Open nie prosił Federera o najniższy wymiar kary
. Przeczekał napór Szwajcara i w odpowiednim momencie uderzył. Zachował się jak doświadczony zawodnik, a nie jak nowicjusz. Del Potro w porównaniu
z ubiegłym sezonem, w którym wypłynął na szerokie wody, jeszcze poprawił swoją grę
. Jeżeli mając świetny serwis
, porażający forhend i bardzo solidny oburęczny bekhend poprawi grę przy siatce, to w przeciągu dwóch sezonów ma szansę zostać numerem jeden na świecie
jako pierwszy argentyński zawodnik.

Guillermo Vilas był wiceliderem światowego rankingu i zdobył cztery wielkoszlemowe tytuły. Czy w Argentynie pojawił się ktoś, kto będzie w stanie przyćmić jego dokonania? Na razie del Potro został drugim po Vilasie (1977) argentyńskim triumfatorem US Open.

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2009/ … del-potro/

Specjalnie wytłuściłem te 2 zdania, bo się z nimi absolutnie zgadzam, Del Potro to może być przyszły nr1

Ostatnio edytowany przez szeva (10-12-2009 00:54:56)

Stopka forum

RSS