mtenis.pun.pl - forum fanów tenisa ATP

Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#41 21-12-2009 20:13:43

szeva

User

Re: Juan Martin del Potro

Del Potro planuje skok na pozycję lidera rankingu

Juan Martín del Potro, piąta rakieta świata, chce w 2010 roku zostać liderem rankingu ATP. Argentyńczyk przybył do Santiago de Chile, gdzie bierze udział w pokazowym turnieju.
Aktualnie na liście światowej przewodzi Roger Federer, którego del Potro pokonał w finale US Open. - Wciąż znajduję się mimo wszystko na nieco niższym poziomie niż Roger - mówi 21-letni zawodnik z Tandil. - Brakuje mi perfekcji uderzenia, serwisu i trochę doświadczenia - tłumaczy.

W poniedziałek w stolicy Chile del Potro znów spotka się z reprezentantem gospodarzy Fernandem González. Pokonał go 2 grudnia w argentyńskim Rosario

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2009/ … -rankingu/

I LOVE TENNIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#42 23-12-2009 13:33:57

szeva

User

Del Potro sportową osobowością Argentyny

21-letni tenisista Juan Martin del Potro został uznany sportową osobowością Argentyny w 2009 roku.
We wrześniowym finale wielkoszlemowego turnieju US Open w Nowym Jorku Del Potro pokonał w pięciu setach Szwajcara Rogera Federera. Argentyńczyk triumfował również w zawodach w Auckland i Waszyngtonie.

Wśród "srebrnych" nagrodzonych podczas wtorkowej gali w Buenos Aires znaleźli się piłkarz Barcelony Lionel Messi i golfista Angel Cabrera.

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2009/ … argentyny/

Dla mnie ten wybór to sensacja, byłem pewien, że wygra Messi

I LOVE TENNIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#43 25-12-2009 11:08:06

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

szeva napisał:

Dla mnie ten wybór to sensacja, byłem pewien, że wygra Messi

Messi nie jest ubóstwiany w swojej ojczyźnie. Zawodzi w reprezentacji i częściej tam Go krytykują niż chwalą. Del Potro natomiast po wygraniu USO został okrzyknięty bohaterem narodowym. Spodziewany wybór

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#44 27-12-2009 01:03:16

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Del Potro set to replace Murray as 4th in the world

Del Potro set to replace Murray as 4th in the world Juan Martin Del Potro is set for a rise to fourth in the world in early January, the result of Andy Murray not defending champion's points at the Doha event, which begins a week from Monday.

But the cautious Argentine is preparing for a steady move upwards, trying to lift the tennis which has already brought him the US Open title and a final at last month's season-ending event in London.

"I lack experience at the level of Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal," said the humble 21-year-old Argentine. "I've played only one Grand Slam final.

"I need to improve my game in order to feel ready to fight for the top,“ said the No. 5 who will soon trail only Federer, Nadal, and Novak Djokovic in the ATP table.

Del Potro is wary of the firepower of those who stand ahead of him, especially Djokovic, who exploded into form in the last months of the 2009 season.

Del Potro also adds: "Nadal was injured for four months and he will start the new season defending the Australian Open title. Djokovic finished the year very strongly.

"I never thought I'd win the US Open at the age of 20," said the South American. "But there's is a big difference between No. 1 and the rest."

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20091 … _the_world

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#45 27-12-2009 11:14:08

Kubecki

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Novak Djokovic

http://www.tenis.net.pl/forum/download/file.php?id=526

Del Potro promuje już rakietę o nowej szacie graficznej

#46 11-01-2010 07:58:41

metjuAR

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rod

Dzisiaj znalazł się na swojej najwyższej jak dotąd pozycji w rank. - 4.

249,5 km/h
30 singles titles
2007 Davis Cup

#47 13-01-2010 13:02:27

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Argentinian Juan Martin Del Potro vying for second slam

JUAN Martin Del Potro has arrived. Yes, he's here in Melbourne for the Open tennis, but that's not what we mean. At home in Argentina, one of the world's most soccer-obsessed countries, he has been given the ultimate accolade.

Yes, he's here in Melbourne for the Open tennis, but that's not what we mean. At home in Argentina, one of the world's most soccer-obsessed countries, he has been given the ultimate accolade.

Just before Christmas he was voted the national sports personality of the year - ahead of Lionel Messi.

Almost simultaneously Messi was being voted FIFA's footballer of the year - the best player in the world's biggest and most popular sport - for his deeds with Spanish giant Barcelona.

Del Potro also edged out golfer Angel Cabrera, winner of the US Masters, for the Argentine award.

At least at face value, then, Del Potro's signature performance in a so-far brief but brilliant career - beating Roger Federer in five sets in the US Open final - has been judged against some extremely high-calibre opposition by his countrymen.

Alternatively it might be a case of frustrated football fans telling their one-time pin-up boy that they're disappointed in him.

The Albiceleste, as the national team is known, only just scraped into the World Cup finals, with Messi accused of playing better football for club than for country.

Del Potro, 21, was asked about his lofty new status in Melbourne yesterday but wasn't about to claim any bragging rights. He told the pre-tournament media conference for the Kooyong Classic, which starts today: "I think Messi is better.

"He play a lot of sport and I'm doing my sport with this, this tennis. I hope I will be like him in the future, but we play different things."

Asked if it was psychologically difficult approaching a second grand slam after winning a first, he said: "Tough - but especially here in Melbourne - the first grand slam - it will be tough for everyone. I will try to play like normal or maybe like in New York. I should be in good shape the next couple of weeks."

His confidence had improved "a little bit", he said.

"Winning a grand slam is a lot of motivation to keep working, keep improving. But these guys are playing very good tennis and all the matches are very tough," he said.

Del Potro's breakout year - he finished it ranked five but has now come into four after Scot Andy Murray forfeited 250 points after bypassing the recent Doha tournament - means he will be one of Melbourne Park's headline acts.

It is his fourth visit, having lost twice in the second round before running into Federer in the quarters last year.

He is the next big thing in more ways than one - at 1.98m and 82kg, he has all the weapons, a big serve, attacking attitude and impressive court coverage.

He is the highest-ranked South American and the youngest player in the top 10.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/tenni … 5818598286

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#48 14-01-2010 19:46:38

Art

User

Del Potro out of Kooyong

Australian Open No. 4 seed Juan Martin Del Potro has pulled out of the Kooyong exhibition with a wrist injury.

Argentina’s Juan Martin Del Potro was scheduled to play a match against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga of France at the Australian Open tune up event in Kooyong. The Melbourne tennis club has long been on the agenda of Australian Open hopefuls looking to get one last warm up before the first major of the year.

But Del Potro could not finish his appearance this year. The Argentine told officials that he would be unable to compete against Tsonga because of a wrist injury. Information on the extent of the injury and the impact it will have on Del Potro’s chances at the Australian Open, which begins Monday, has not yet been released.

Del Potro was forced to withdraw in the second round of Shanghai Masters in October with tendinitis in his right wrist.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20100 … of_Kooyong

#49 14-01-2010 20:58:15

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Del Potro says he's ready

US Open champion Juan Martin Del Potro won his opening match of the Kooyong Classic today then declared himself ready to challenge the world's top players for the Australian Open.

The towering Argentinian, who defeated World No.1 Roger Federer in New York last year, said he now felt prepared to add a second consecutive major to his CV.

Del Potro defeated Croatian Ivan Ljubicic 6-3 6-3 and said his game had improved markedly since his US Open triumph.

"I feel good with my tennis, I feel confident," Del Potro said.

"Of course to beat Roger in the final gave me a lot of motivation and confidence to keep trying, keep working and when I go to the court with Roger or Rafa (Rafael Nadal), I don't feel too much different (to them).

"That's important for my career, for the future and of course if I want to fight for the No.1.

"I feel better and I'm playing better, improving myself," the world No.4 said.

"My movement is very important for this tournament of course (but) I have to learn for playing Wimbledon. I've never had good results there, so it's important if I want to improve my ranking."

The world's third-ranked player and 2008 Australian Open champion, Novak Djokovic, also opened with a win, crushing German Tommy Haas 6-2 6-3, but his motivation for the grand slam starting next week is to atone for his forced retirement last year due to heat exhaustion.

"I had a very busy year last year, playing almost 100 matches, which was as well very successful considering the amount that I played," Djokovic said.

"Heading into 2010 my priority was to rest well and to get prepared in the best possible way for the most important tournament in this period of the year, which is the Australian Open.

"I didn't finish it in a great way last year, I had to retire in my match. But this year I feel much better, feel fresh and I skipped all the tournaments at the start of the year because of the schedule that I had last year.

"I just need a couple of matches under my belt here before I go to Melbourne Park," he said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ … 5818952261

Wypowiedź pochodzi z konferencji po ograniu Sody w Kooyongu.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#50 15-01-2010 16:23:28

Fed-Expresso

Masta

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafael "The Slice King" Nadal

Open boss convinced Del Potro will shrug off injury

The wrist injury that forced Juan Martin Del Potro out of Kooyong prompted Australian Open officials to make a statement about the Argentine's pending participation in their event.

For Australian Open officials, the outlook remains bright for fourth seed Juan Martin Del Potro to make a start as expected when the first Grand Slam of the season kicks off on Monday.

The Argentine, who beat Roger Federer for the US Open title, withdrew - mainly as a precaution it is thought - from his semifinal at the elite eight-man tune-up event at Kooyong club.

His decision was blamed on a sore wrist.

That move sent Jo-Wilfried Tsonga into the weekend title match against Spain's Fernando Verdasco.

"Del Potro decided to take a couple of days' break," Open boss Craig Tiley told ABC radio. "He obviously wants to start 2010 well."

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20100 … off_injury

#51 17-01-2010 16:43:20

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Juan Martin del Potro sets his sights on adding Wimbledon to US Open title

You have to cock an ear and move your chair nearer when Juan Martín del Potro talks. He does so with a gentle lilt, muffled behind his five-day growth.

He is seated in the players’ garden at Melbourne Park, the site of the Australian Open, feeling a touch cramped. By conversation’s end when his body unfurls, he rises to his full 6ft 6in and looks at home in this, the city of the Eureka Tower, the highest public vantage point in the southern hemisphere.

There is a good deal of looking up to do. For Del Potro, the sensation of being the last man to appreciate how it feels to lift one of the sport’s four treasures, the US Open crown that he bludgeoned from Roger Federer’s grasp in September, remains strong. Although the 21-year-old says that he will not grow any more in the physical sense — “now I am OK with my body” — he feels bigger inside when the subject of New York is raised.

“I had won my first grand-slam, my favourite slam and no one could say anything about my tennis or my physical side, because I beat Roger in five sets in five hours,” he says. “But then pressure comes again — sponsors, people, tournaments, everyone comes to watch you in matches and it’s a little more to deal with. But I have stayed the same person. I’m doing the same things, trying to improve my game every day.”
Related Links

Some within tennis argue that Del Potro represents all that is unsettling about its future, the towering physical specimen with pounding ground strokes and gruff on-court persona.

“I don’t care what they say,” the Argentinian says, with a beaming smile. “If I can move fast, I can show good tennis. Look at [Marin] Cilic, he has a beautiful style. [Mario] Ancic, too. Maybe it doesn’t always look good with [Ivo] Karlovic.”

Del Potro does pound the ball down, no getting away from that, but there is an eerie grace about the way he glides over the court surface: big, confident strides, the unfurling of a mighty forehand and the crunch, crunch, crunch of his strokes. There is a little problem with his right wrist, an injury that he has had before, he says, as he flexes this enormous arm in front of you, but it should not stop him creating havoc these next two weeks.

As a schoolboy, he played second-row forward in Tandil, his home town, but did not enjoy rugby much “because I don’t like the contact”. Nor do those who have to come into it with him on the court. He is the new world No 4, to boot, thanks to Andy Murray’s decision not to defend his title in Doha, which cost him enough ranking points to drop below his foe at what could be a tricky stage. If the pair meet in Melbourne, it would be in the semi-finals and Murray may need to have dispatched Rafael Nadal, the title-holder from Spain.

With his victory at Flushing Meadows, Del Potro was forced from the shadows, where he had enjoyed doing his own thing, pointed at more for his height than his achievements. The US Open success meant a refocusing.

“I am a quiet man,” he says. “When I am working, I know this is my work, so I [can] be focused for three hours, four hours, or whatever, and outside I am a person like you or the children playing soccer in the street. If I have the possibility to help them, or say something to make them happy, I will do it. This is the most lovely thing I get after the US Open — the children have a very good recognition of me. It’s important that I won a tournament because they see how you are, like a person, and for my parents, too, that’s very nice.”

Nudge him and Del Potro will say that Wimbledon is where he would love to lift a trophy. He has been working hard on his movement, his volleying, his conception of what it would take to win on grass.

“Nadal won Paris, won Queen’s and won Wimbledon in 2008, it is what his motivation is,” he says. “I have that motivation.”

For that reason he has signed to play in the AEGON Championships at Queen’s for the next three years.

That Del Potro beat Murray to the grand-slam punch may rankle, but the British No 1 will not let it distract him from what he needs to do to match the bigger man. “I’m a lot more mature,” Murray said yesterday. “Last year was the first time I played consistently well throughout the whole year, with hardly any bad losses. I didn’t realise, but I had the highest winning percentage on tour last season. In the past I have lost matches at grand-slams because I wasn’t playing my best, but maybe now because I’ve been winning more I’ll be able to come through.”

He reaffirmed the message from Perth last week. “It’s not so much taking the ball on, it’s knowing the right time to come to the net and understanding that part of the game a little bit more. Maybe I’ll serve-and-volley more. Guys probably return the best they ever have done right now and you know how good they are from the back of the court.”

None better than a giant who would be in his way if they both win five matches.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ … 990339.ece

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#52 17-01-2010 18:09:41

Art

User

Darren Cahill tabs Juan Martin del Potro as title threat

LEADING Australian coach Darren Cahill says towering Argentine Juan Martin del Potro can break the Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal duopoly in men's tennis and win his second consecutive major at Melbourne Park.

Cahill, who coached Lleyton Hewitt and Andre Agassi, says Del Potro is "the guy".

"He made a big breakthrough at the 2009 US Open (defeating Nadal in the semis and Federer in the final)," Cahill said.

"This guy is full of talent. With improvements and his physical attributes, there's no reason he's not going to continue winning majors.

"He's still young and growing into his (198cm) body. He should be a force in all of them - maybe not Wimbledon, certainly the other three. He's the guy to watch out for."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/darre … 5820615511

#53 18-01-2010 15:36:40

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Wywiad z Del Potro po spotkaniu 1 rundy AO '10:

An interview with:
JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. You had a few heated exchanges with the umpire. What set it off?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: About the challenge. She say I take too many time to call the challenge, and I try to explain to her I just hit the ball and then see the mark and call the challenge.

But she say, You can't do that. That's it. After that, I was disappoint, but is the rules.

Q. Seemed like after that your serves got even faster. When you get angry about something, are you able to channel it into that?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Yeah, but I can't do that. I had to play same every time. I have to be focused every time. Depends the referee says, the umpire, and the crowd maybe. But I have to be focused every time.

Q. How do you feel physically?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Well, of course, I don't feel hundred percent, but I am feel better than yesterday, and I hope be better for tomorrow, for Wednesday, in my next match.

Q. Does it hurt when you play?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: A little bit. After two hours match the pain came and I feel a little bit, but I can play. Of course, if I be here, I want to win matches.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 27312.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#54 18-01-2010 17:15:19

Art

User

Del Potro battles past American journeyman

Fourth seed Juan Martin del Potro has overcome a stiff challenge from Michael Russell to take his place in the second round of Australian Open 2010.

It took the US Open champion three hours and four sets to finish off the 31-year-old American, who took the third set before the Argentine prevailed in four, winning 6-4 6-4 3-6 6-2.

Before a vocal crowd at Hisense Arena, del Potro had looked to be running away with the match as he broke Russell’s serve in the first and second sets and consolidated, claiming both sets 6-4.

However, the world No. 90 was determined not to let the highly-favoured Argentine get away, and produced some of his best tennis in a tense third set. Del Potro was far from his best and was increasingly frustrated at his mounting unforced error count, which totalled 61 for the match.

After a lengthy discussion with the chair umpire following an unfavourable line call at 3-2, del Potro sent down two double faults to hand the American a break, and Russell took the set 6-3 to send the match into a fourth.

Del Potro, the world No. 4, looked far from convincing in the final set, but managed to break the American early and raced to a 3-0 lead. Del Potro had a chance to take a double break in Russell’s next service game as the American served up three double faults, but he couldn’t convert.

Russell didn’t have another counter punch left, and in his next service game, the Argentine easily broke again to secure the victory.

Although Russell battled hard, del Potro’s strong serve and powerful ground strokes were eventually telling – as he served up 21 aces and hit 49 winners to the American’s 25.

The fourth seed will now meet Australian Open 2008 quarter-finalist James Blake or veteran Frenchman Arnaud Clement in the second round.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 46234.html

#55 20-01-2010 13:56:40

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Wywiad po zwycięstwie nad JB w 2 rundzie AO.

An interview with:
JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO

Q. Apart from the win, what did you like most about your game tonight?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Well, I really showed the crowd, the people was so exciting all the time. We played very good match.

I think I have many good things right for the next match.

Q. With the exception of the US Open which you won in five sets, how does this compare with the other five‑setters you played?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: I don't know. The time was similar, I think. I play different player. Blake is too fast. He play very strong with his forehand. He never miss easy points, easy forehand.

It's very difficult to keep trying, keep going. You have to be focused every point, every time, and try to take your chance. I had my chance in the last set.

Q. How were you feeling at the end of the third set? What were you thinking?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Well, just keep trying, you know. It's a long match. Here playing five sets, you can lose last two sets and you still have with chance. That's what happen tonight. I was trying every game with my serve. Then when I had the opportunity to broke his serve, sometimes I did, sometimes not.

But I think I have very good things to keep with me for the next match.

Q. You had the trainer out in the fifth set. Are you okay?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Yes. Well, we play a very hard match. Obviously we both needed the trainer many times. But I'm okay.

Q. James did say that he wasn't really happy playing two matches in two days. He would have preferred to play Monday night late. What were your thoughts?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Yeah, was tough for him play two days in a row, five‑set matches. Of course, is difficult. Maybe I had a little lucky because I play on Monday not too long the match.

But he did a very good job today. I don't know. The match goes with me. But he play very good tennis.

Q. James said the second‑serve ace you had at 2‑1 was possibly the turning point. Did you feel that as well?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Yeah, I was thinking to do my best serve, and I did. I had a chance to close the match in 6‑5 serving. He play a great game. I miss all my first serves, so I was a little nervous.

But in the end I was so focused trying to break his serve, and I did in the last game, so...

Q. What do you think about your next opponent, Florian Mayer?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Well, I play with him last year. He's a good player, of course. He beat Troicki. Maybe he's playing very good tennis. I hopefully be ready for next fight. I don't know, maybe I can play three hours better for my physical.

Q. How is your wrist?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: I'm okay. Thank you.

Q. No pain?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: A little bit. But I can play.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#56 22-01-2010 18:42:56

Art

User

Konferencja po III r. AO:

Q. Did you expect such a tough match?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Yes, of course. He beat Troicki in the second round. For sure he did to play good tennis.

Today, especially in the second set, I felt very confused with my game. But after improve a little bit. And then in the end I finish the match playing a very good points.

Q. Pat Rafter said you could be the next man to dominate men's tennis in the world. What do you think of that?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: I don't know. He knows about this sport. But I don't want extra pression. I have too much pression with me. So thank you to Patrick, but I have a long way to be the next No. 1 or to be better.

Q. You played Florian Mayer last year as well. How was it different from last year?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: I think he's playing better this year. His forehand improve a lot. His serve also. Well, he was focus until the last point. Maybe the last match when he felt maybe confused with the game, he goes south for two or three games. And today doesn't happen.

I think he could have a very good season.

Q. When you come back to your hometown, how do people treat you?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Normal. I feel very comfortable in my city. I can do whatever I like. I know it is a small town and we know every person. So I walking around, I say hi to everyone.

ao.com

#57 24-01-2010 12:01:54

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Konferencja po przegranym meczu 4 rundy AO10:

An interview with:
JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO

Q. You've had some very tough matches leading up to today's game. Did that affect you at all? You looked a little tired.

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Yeah, but this is normal. We play hard match, five sets again. Marin is playing a great tennis.

I think he did better than me and he won.

Q. What do you think the difference was? Where did he get you?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Well, just the serve in the end. You know, after four hours, you have to focus. And he broke me very soon in the fifth. Then I had my chance in last game. I miss a forehand.

But he play very good.

Q. Did you run into one of the courtside cameras at one stage?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: No.

Q. What about your wrist and foot, those factors today?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: My whole body.

Well, I will go home and I will see the doctors there. I need little rest to recovery and be in good shape for next tournaments.

Q. He's in his second major quarterfinal in a row. Do you think he's lifting parts of his game in certain moments?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: He's playing very well. He won last week. He's beating everyone.

I think he has the opportunity to keep going. He will play a quarters here against González or Roddick. He can beat both of them. So I wish good luck.

Q. There would have been a lot of extra pressure on you, being a reigning Grand Slam champion. Do you think that weight will be lifted before your next major?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: No, I really enjoyed that pression. The crowd is unbelievable with me. They support me every match, every point. I was down in every match, and they help me to keep fighting, like today. I really like it, that pression.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 91296.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#58 12-02-2010 21:04:26

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

ATP: Del Potro wróci na kort w Indian Wells.

Juan Martin Del Potro z powodu kontuzji nadgarstka będzie pauzował aż do zawodów w Indian Wells. Argentyńczyk wycofał się z imprezy w Marsylii, nie zagra także w Dubaju i Pucharze Davisa. Juan chce porządnie wyleczyć uraz, z którym boryka się od jesieni ubiegłego roku. Do tej pory Mistrz ostatniego US Open nie zdołał w pełni zadbać o rękę i uraz regularnie mu się odnawiał.

Wrist injury rules Del Potro out of Dubai and Davis Cup

Wrist injury rules Del Potro out of Dubai and Davis Cup Argentina is expected to be without US Open winner Juan Martin Del Potro after the No. 5 reported a re-occurrence of the wrist injury which bothered him prior to the start of the Australian Open.

Del Potro is expected to be out four weeks, ruling him out of the Barclays Championships in Dubai starting in 10 days as well as the Davis Cup first-round date in Stockholm.

The situation means that the South American visitors could be without both of their big men, with David Nalbandian still not back on court after hip surgery last spring.

Argentine media reported that Del Potro will also miss next week's Marseille ATP indoor event, which would have been his first since losing in the Melbourne fourth round to Croatian Marin Cilic.

Del Potro has been nominated along with Australian Open champions and world No. 1 players Roger Federer and Serena Williams for a Laureus World Sports Award.

Del Potro has been battling wrist tendinitis, which made its first appearance last autumn in Shanghai, where the South American had to quit his opening match. He also withdrew from a pre-Australian Open exhibition event as a precaution.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20100 … _Davis_Cup

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#59 01-03-2010 14:11:24

Art

User

Del Potro Feels Chilean Earthquake

World No.5 Juan Martin del Potro, who is currently recovering from a right wrist injury in his home town of Buenos Aires, experienced the 8.8 magnitude earthquake that struck Chile early Saturday morning. Such was the force of the Chilean earthquake that it was felt in neighbouring Argentina.

Talking to ATPWorldTour.com, del Potro recalled:

“I was sleeping when at approximately 3:30am I started feeling dizzy and also hearing loud noises. The first thing I thought was that I had left the windows open and the wind was making the noise when it hit against the walls. I live on a high floor of an apartment building so I didn't think this was out of the ordinary.

"The noise was quite loud and it woke me up, so I decided to see what was happening. I was feeling very dizzy and soon realised it wasn't the wind making all the noise.  Everything in my apartment was shaking and when I walked into my living room, the curtains and the decorations on the walls were shaking as well. This went on for 5-6 minutes.

"I am very saddened that the second natural disaster has taken place in such a short amount of time in the Americas, affecting so many people. I have traveled to Chile many times in my life and love the people and the country. My thoughts and prayers are with the people of Chile today and I pray that as many people as possible will escape this terrible disaster safely.”

Del Potro is hoping to regain fitness in time to compete at the first ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournament of the year, the BNP Paribas Open, which begins Thursday, 11 March, in Indian Wells, California.

In his lone appearance of 2010 to date, the 2009 US Open champion reached the fourth round of the Australian Open (l. Cilic).

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … Potro.aspx

#60 05-04-2010 00:07:54

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Kontuzja Juana martina wyglądana bardzo przewlekłą. Argentyńczyk opuścił Indian Wells i Miami, do tego pojawiają się, nieoficjalne wprawdzie, informacje, że do tej pory Mistrz USO09 nie wznowił jeszcze treningów i być może opóźni swój powrót na korty o kolejny okres czasu.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

Stopka forum

RSS