• Polecamy: Gry

Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#521 17-03-2011 22:34:47

metjuAR

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rod

Re: Andy Roddick

Z Madrytu na pewno się nie wycofa, to chybszy clay niż na innych imprezach ziemnych. Zawody z udziałem Andy'ego w Nicei to jest zaskoczenie, ale Rzym można się było spodziewać, bo co 2gi rok zawsze tam gra.

249,5 km/h
30 singles titles
2007 Davis Cup

#522 24-03-2011 21:54:24

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Sony Ericsson Open Draw

http://www.andyroddick.com/images/news/fullsize/miami100.jpg

Andy arrived in Miami Monday afternoon just as the draw for the Sony Ericsson Open was announced. The top American is seeded 8th in the tournament and has a bye in the opening round. He will face either Michael Berrer or Pablo Cuevas in the second round of the highly anticipated Masters 1000! Rafael Nadal took the top seed followed by Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer.

Andy shares his quarter with 3rd seed Federer, 10th seed Jurgen Melzer and 13th seed Mikhail Youzhny among other contenders. Check back to AndyRoddick.com for more updates from Miami!

http://www.andyroddick.com/2011/03/21/s … open-draw/

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#523 24-03-2011 23:00:08

Bizon

siła spokoju

DUN I LOVE napisał:

Raddcik napisał:

Andy w tym roku nie zamierza odpoczywać w trakcie sezonu na piachu.

Kalendarz na Clay 2011:

- Madryt
- Rzym
- Nicea

http://www.andyroddick.com/schedule/

Wszystko pod trawę. W tym wieku chyba trudniej o formę, gdy się wchodzi do gry po dłuższej przerwie, na tzw. świeżości. Wystarczy porównać intensywność gry Roddicka na cegle w latach 2009-2010 i zestawić ze sobą wyniki uzyskiwane w tych latach na Wimbledonie. Andy wie, że w żadnym z tych turniejów nie ugra niczego wielkiego, ale przynajmniej rozegra pewną ilość gier, co będzie stanowić przetarcie przed drugą, priorytetową dla niego część sezonu.

Masz dużo racji. Pierwsza część sezonu 2010 w wykonaniu Roda była bardzo dobra. Na początek zwycięstwo w Brisbane. W 1/4 AO trochę przefujarzył z Cilicem, ale można mu było wybaczyć, bo przecież wracał po poważnej kontuzji kolana. Później finał San Jose i rewelacyjne w jego wykonaniu amerykańskie Mastersy, gdzie był o krok od dubletu. Później wakacje w trakcie sezonu na cegle, baty od Seli w Queens, następnie kompromitacja z Lu-petitkami i im dalej tym gorzej

Być może w tych trzech turniejach nie zagra, ale opcja 1 Masters + Nicea murowana.

Ostatnio edytowany przez Bizon (24-03-2011 23:01:20)

MTT Singiel : (Rank-2)

W : Los Angeles 08, Dubaj 09, New Heaven 09, Bangkok 09, Pekin 09, Madryt 10, Roland Garros 10, Barcelona 11, Madryt 11, Roland Garros 11
F  : Olympic Games 08, Bangkok 08, s'Hertogenbosch 10, Wimbledon 10, Los Angeles 10, Memphis 11

#524 26-03-2011 12:45:40

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Action Starts in Miami

http://www.andyroddick.com/images/news/fullsize/miami100.jpg

After receiving a bye in the opening round of the Sony Ericsson Open, defending Champion Andy Roddick returns to action Saturday against Pablo Cuevas. Andy has never played the 25 year old Argentinian before.

“I was here when they opened this place I think it was ’93, you know, as a kid. You know, won my first-ever pro match here, and there’s a lot of good memories for me here,” Andy reminisced in his pre-tournament press conference. The Number One American is hopeful for a good run in Miami. “I feel good. You know, I have a pretty good record so far this year. You know, I didn’t play well my last match at Indian Wells, but had I think a 10-match winning streak before that. So I feel fine physically, and I’m optimistic.”

Check out some stats on Pablo courtesy of the ATP World Tour:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Play … uevas.aspx

http://www.andyroddick.com/2011/03/26/a … -in-miami/

#525 08-04-2011 20:30:24

Serenity

User

CADDY RODDICK CARRIES HIS WEIGHT

Andy Roddick made a surprise appearance Wednesday at the Augusta National, donning the familiar uniform of white jumpsuit and green cap as he served as a golf caddy for former Masters winner Zach Johnson at the Par 3 Contest.

Johnson hinted at his special guest on his Twitter account in the morning, writing: “Getting ready for a great Wednesday at Augusta. First 9 with @stewartcink and J Byrd...then par 3 with both guys! Surprise caddy today!!!”

The pair arrangement was set up by their agents after Roddick expressed interest in being a caddy, and they met for the first time Wednesday at the club.

“He’s a Midwest boy, I’m a Midwest boy, and this is the first time he’s here. And he wanted to caddy,” Johnson told USA Today. “I don’t have much family here this year, which is a rare thing, so I said what the heck. I’ve always wanted to meet him. I’m a sports freak in general and I’m a tennis freak, so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to meet him.”

The 2007 Masters champion even gave his caddy a chance to tee off for him at the ninth hole. A nervous Roddick told the crowd before he took his shot, “My hands are shaking. I can barely put the tee in the ground.”

The 28-year-old American was making his first visit to the Augusta National, and compared the famed site to one he knows well, the All-England Club in Wimbledon. “I see a lot of similarities between the two,” Roddick told AFP. “Places rarely live up to the hype. This place surpasses it.”

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … ddick.aspx

#526 11-04-2011 18:47:54

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

First day on the clay 2 and a half weeks of boot camp and then Madrid bound

http://twitter.com/#!/andyroddick/statu … 4718496769

#527 21-04-2011 16:26:35

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Clay Court Season Preview

http://www.andyroddick.com/images/news/fullsize/andyclay.jpg

May is the month of clay for Roddick, where he’ll be spending the first week at the Mutua Madrid Open, the next week at the Internazionali BNL d’Italia, and the week after at the Open de Nice Cote d’Azur before hitting Roland Garros, the second Slam of the year.

Commencing on May 1st, the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Mutua Madrid Open in Spain will boast the best in tennis, and Roddick will get his first taste of the European clay in 2011. Our American’s best performance of his seven appearances here was in 2009 when he reached the quarterfinals, though fell to eventual champion Roger Federer, 5-7, 7-6(5), 1-6.

Immediately from Madrid, Roddick will land in Rome for the Internazionali BNL d’Italia for the eighth time, returning after two year. In the 2008 semifinals, the Texan was forced to retire in the semifinals due to a back injury at 0-3 in the first set.

“I felt a little something last night in my back when I was getting treatment. Then, one wrong movement and I had a complete spasm,” Roddick noted post-match. “I can’t really move my left arm right now. You can’t really play around that.” In both 2002 and 2008, the semifinals were the highest rounds Roddick reached before his Rome bids came to an end.

With a few days in between tournaments, the final stop before the French Open from Roland Garros in Nice, France at the Open de Nice Cote d’Arur, beginning on May 16th. With the ATP World Tour returning here for the first time in 15 years, Nice will boast a 28-man singles draw that includes Spain’s David Ferrer, Czech Republic’s Tomas Berdych, Argentine David Nalbandian, and many more top players. Needless to say, this will be Roddick’s as well as all others’ inaugural year here.

The final stop of the month will be the second Grand Slam of the year, Roland Garros, on May 22nd. Stay tuned to AR.com for detailed tournament and match previews once these April showers go away and May brings flowers for the winner’s circles of these clay court competitions.

http://www.andyroddick.com/2011/04/21/c … n-preview/

#528 29-04-2011 09:07:34

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Roddick Commits To 2011 Legg Mason Tennis Classic

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/D930739A9DC34336970D6D9D39475464.ashx
Three-time champion Andy Roddick returns to Washington DC for the 10th time.

Three-time Champion Andy Roddick, seeking to add a fourth title to his already impressive record here in the Nation’s Capital, will play in the 2011 Legg Mason Tennis Classic presented by GEICO – for the 10th time in his professional career.  The ATP World Tour 500 event and part of the Olympus US Open Series will be held from July 30- August 7 at the William H.G. FitzGerald Tennis Center in Rock Creek Park (16th & Kennedy Streets, NW).

Ticket packages and Single Session tickets for the Legg Mason Tennis Classic go on public sale Monday, May 2.

“The Legg Mason Tennis Classic is very excited to announce that Andy Roddick, one of the most sought-after players by tournaments around the world, has committed to play,” said Jeff Newman, Tournament Director and Senior Vice President with Lagardère Unlimited, adding, “Andy typically plays only 13 ATP World Tour Tournaments per year out of the 62 held in 32 countries worldwide.  Similar to Andre Agassi during his career, we feel fortunate that Andy continues to choose to play in Washington each year.”

This year, Roddick earned his 30th tour-level title in his 50th final in Memphis, becoming only the third active player to accomplish that feat (with Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal).  He began the year by reaching the finals at Brisbane, where he demonstrated the kind of off court action that has earned him respect as well: reading about heavy flooding in the region at the time of the tournament, Roddick pledged $100 per ace to benefit the Queensland Flood Relief efforts, and then hit 54 aces during the tournament.

Roddick first won the Legg Mason Tennis Classic as a teenager, in 2001, and then again in 2005 and 2007, and holds an impressive 30-6 match record at 16th & Kennedy, reaching four finals here (l. to Juan Martin Del Potro in the 2009 final). He has also finished in the Top 10 of the ATP World Tour rankings for nine straight years, joining Federer as the only active player to accomplish this feat and 8th all-time. He and Federer are also the only active players to win at least one title for 11 straight years – a streak he continued in 2011 with his title in Memphis.  Beyond the tour, Roddick also returned to Davis Cup action for the United States this year, leading the USA in a first-round clash with Chile, on clay, in Santiago.  He won both of his matches (against Nicolas Massu and Paul Capdeville), and has now won 33 singles
rubbers, 12 of them to clinch ties for the United States. The US team will face Spain in the quarterfinals, hosted by the USTA in Roddick’s hometown of Austin, TX this July.

Ticket packages for all ten sessions start at $200 ($20 per session) for Weeklong Reserved to $550 for Premium Box Seats.  Single session seats range from $10 to $75, depending on session and seat location. In addition to the tournament’s Weeklong Box Seat and Reserved Seat packages, other flexible ticket packages include Box Seat Mini-Breaks (box seat tickets for three sessions), Weekender Packages (reserved seat for the first weekend and all Quarterfinal, Semifinal and Final matches Friday through Sunday) and the Day Tripper (both sessions of Saturday semifinals at one low price). Group discounts, Special Event Packages and Courtside Suites are also available.

The Legg Mason Tennis Classic is an ATP World Tour 500 event, a designation that recognizes the event as one of the top 20 tournaments on the ATP World Tour (nine ATP World Tour 1,000’s and eleven 500’s).

An integral part of the sports and entertainment fabric of Washington, DC for 42 years, the Legg Mason Tennis Classic, a Lagardère Unlimited production, is owned by and benefits the Washington Tennis & Education Foundation, which seeks to improve the life prospects for DC area youth.  2011 also marks the 18th straight year that Legg Mason, the Baltimore-based global asset management firm, has served as title sponsor.  They have hosted the tournament since 1994, when hall of famer Stefan Edberg claimed the coveted title, won in 2010 by former world #3 David Nalbandian of Argentina, who returned from injury here and demonstrated tremendous skill battling his way to his first title on US soil.  The firm is only the sixth title sponsor in tournament history and North America’s longest-term sponsor on the ATP World Tour.

Ticket packages for the Legg Mason Tennis Classic go on public sale Monday, May 2 and can be purchased through the tournament hotline at 202-721-9500. Single session tickets are also available beginning May 2 through all TicketMaster outlets. For more information on the Legg Mason Tennis Classic presented by GEICO, please visit the tournament Website at leggmasontennisclassic.com, follow the Legg Mason Tennis Classic on Facebook at facebook.com/leggmasontennisclassic, or call 202.721.9500.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … -Time.aspx

#529 01-05-2011 11:49:30

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Mutua Madrid Open Draw and Preview

http://www.andyroddick.com/images/news/fullsize/andyclay2.jpg

Ten years of the best tennis doesn’t happen every day, the Mutua Madrid’s slogan states as they ring in their 10th edition this year, proudly hosting both WTA and ATP action from April 29th- May 8th. Roddick landed the No. 12 seed and is set to face a qualifier in the first round.

Leading the draw is the world No. 1 and defending champion Rafael Nadal, followed by Novak Djokovic (2), and the 2009 champion Roger Federer is the No. 3 seed, with Murray and Soderling completing the Top 5 at this ATP World Tour 1000 event. Seeded 12th behind compatriot Mardy Fish (11), Roddick is set to face a qualifier in Round 1, followed by a potential clash with Davis Cup teammate Sam Querrey in the second round. Roddick is in Nadal’s quarter of the draw, with his first potential seeded opponent being Austria’s Jurgen Melzer(8), whom he could battle in Round 3. The quarterfinals is where our American Firepower would meet the King of Clay. In 2009, reached the quarters before falling to the eventual champion, Federer, 5-7, 7-5(5), 1-6.

Manzanares Park’s 10th Anniversary of hosting the Mutua Madrid Open, formerly the Mutua Madrilena Masters Madrid, is creating extra energy and excitement among the players and fans. La Caja Magica, the Magic Box, is unlike any other facility in the world, boasting three retractable roof stadiums, protecting it’s clay courts and ticket holders’ chances of entertainment. The Manolo Santana center court can hold 12,500 people, the Aranxta Sanchez Vicario stadium 2 holds 3,500, and Stadium 3 adds 2,500 more to it’s facility’s capacity, in addition to the outer courts. Last year, the Mutua Madrid Open brought in nearly 185,000 fans, hoping to top that stat this year. With 7.2 Euros and 1000 ATP points to be won, the world’s top men’s and women’s competitors embark on their clay court journey to Roland Garros here.

http://www.andyroddick.com/2011/04/30/m … d-preview/

#530 06-05-2011 15:52:58

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Is A-Rod a spent force?

http://l.yimg.com/i/util/anysize/376,http%3A%2F%2Fa323.yahoofs.com%2Fymg%2Fsimon_reed__1%2Fsimon_reed-617291444-1304521946.jpg%3FymaDw9EDL9eW2Gum?v=2

Whilst I do think it's too early to say that Andy Roddick is in terminal decline, a lot has changed for the former world number one in the last few years. He's not been the same since he decided to change his forehand and become a more percentage-based tennis player. From that moment on, four years ago, he's never really carried the same threat. I was amazed he did so well at Wimbledon a couple of years ago, and I was bitterly disappointed for him that he didn't win that blockbuster final against Roger Federer. It was an astonishing performance from someone who, even when he started out playing, had limited skill - something he readily admits himself. But then, for some inexplicable reason, he just decided not to hit the forehand like he used to.

He'll point to some of the successes he's had over recent years, and say that's why he did it. I just think that if he hadn't changed the way he plays, he might have sacrificed consistency but there would certainly have been more highs along the way - possibly even another Slam. When he won the US Open and was number one in the world in 2003, it was exactly the right time - after Lleyton Hewitt's reign at the top but before Federer then Rafael Nadal hit their peaks. He was a massive server with a huge forehand, and it was so inspiring to watch him play. Once he made this decision to be more tactical and more passive on the forehand, however, he became less inspiring, and less easy to watch. He became merely another player with a good serve (well, a great serve!)

Perhaps it was his coach Larry Stefanki - who has always been a percentage man - who encouraged Roddick to head in that direction. He told him to lose weight and work on his quickness, when what he really needed to be told was to pop that forehand like he used to. That's why - apart from that glorious Wimbledon run in 2009 - he's not really been a threat at Grand Slams; he's simply been a pale imitation of the old A-Rod. When he changed the forehand he lost his main weapon, and he doesn't have enough left in the locker to make up for it. Players aren't afraid of taking on Roddick any more - they might get beaten, but they know they're not going to get killed. He won in Memphis this year - beating Juan Martin Del Potro and Milos Raonic along the way - so he is still capable of getting some results. Furthermore, he's still a terrific competitor, and an honest analyst of himself.

His first-round defeat against Italian qualifier Flavio Cipolla yesterday won't actually hurt him too much - clay's not his favourite surface after all. But his second-round loss to Uruguay's Pablo Cuevas in Miami - that really hurt. I think that Roddick can still compete with the elite of men's tennis, but it all depends on his motivation. He's earned over $19 million on the court (and you can more than double that figure off it!) so conservatively he's worth a good $50m. The question, then, is can he keep taking the knocks? Ultimately, if Roddick wants to reverse his fortunes, he's got to revert to his old style. As a tennis fan, of course I want to see Andy Roddick rolling back the years to what he was when he came on the scene as a 19-year-old, but that's not going to happen.

In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if he calls it quits and retires this year. I don't think he's capable of winning another Grand Slam, but he has to believe he is or else he really is finished. It would be sad to see Roddick carry on getting picked off by lesser players, but I'm sure that won't happen - he wouldn't let it!

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/simon … icle/6236/

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#531 14-05-2011 11:58:32

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Andy/Mardy Top The Bryans

http://www.andyroddick.com/images/news/fullsize/andyfish1.jpg

Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish continued their impressive progress in the Internazionali BNL d’Italia doubles competition on Friday as they ousted top seeds and defending champions Bob and Mike Bryan 4-6, 7-6(1), 10-4 in the quarter-finals.

For a place in the final of the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 clay-court tournament, the Americans will face Argentine-Finnish pairing Carlos Berlocq and Jarkko Nieminen. That match will take place on Saturday in Rome, beginning not before 5pm local (11am ET) on Pietrangeli.

Stay tuned to www.andyroddick.com for all the latest news.

http://www.andyroddick.com/2011/05/13/a … he-bryans/

#532 16-05-2011 00:02:21

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Andy Forced Out Of Rome; Onto Nice

http://www.andyroddick.com/images/news/fullsize/andyfish2.jpg

Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish were denied the chance to compete in the doubles final at the Internazionali BNL d’Italia, when Andy was forced to withdraw with a right shoulder injury. John Isner and Sam Querrey will pick up the title through default.

Andy now moves onto Nice for his last week of preparation for the French Open. Andy is the No. 4 seed at the Open de Nice Cote D’Azur, an ATP World Tour 250 clay-court event. Andy has received a bye into the second round where he will face either Victor Hansecu or a qualifier. Headlining the event in Nice is No. 1 seed David Ferrer, and second seed Thomas Berdych.

See the Men’s Singles Draw here:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2011/6120/mds.pdf

Stay tuned to AndyRoddick.com as we bring you all the latest from Nice.

http://www.andyroddick.com/2011/05/15/a … onto-nice/

#533 16-05-2011 13:37:50

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Roddick leaves Roma in a rage

http://postmediamontreal.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/roddickfish21.jpg?w=286&h=168 

When the announcement came Sunday that Americans Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish had defaulted their doubles final in Rome to countrymen John Isner and Sam Querrey, the red flags went up.

The official reason was an issue with Roddick’s shoulder.

Not that an injury wasn’t possible, but the logistics of the situation were that Roddick had to dash to Nice, where he’s the No. 4 seed in the small ATP Tour event there this week.

And although Roddick wasn’t scheduled Monday (indeed may not be until Wednesday), the other three Americans did not have the luxury of time.

All needed to be in Dusseldorf, Germany toot sweet to play in the World Team Cup, with Isner scheduled at 1 p.m. and Querrey about 3 p.m. vs. Robin Soderling on Monday.

But according to the esteemed Neil Harman of Times of London, (the Times has a paywall, but it’s well worth it during this season for Harman’s pieces alone) Roddick is furious with the ATP for not finding the shoulder injury enough to be flexible on the prize money rules for withdrawals.

The rule (Section 3.08 A, subsection 3) reads as follows:

http://postmediamontreal.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/doublesrule.png?w=440

A) and C) don’t apply. B) would kick in if Roddick pulls out of the Nice tournament with the shoulder injury.

The default will cost Roddick and Fish €31,400 (plus the doubles ranking points, which probably don’t matter all that much to them).

Harman writes that Roddick had an ultrasound on his right shoulder, which showed a buildup of fluid that requires a few days’ rest.

The American, the way Harman tells it, kind of lost his mind as only Righteous Andy can do. He even wanted to call a press conference to make a huge stink about it.

Instead, he had Harman be there as a witness while he reamed out the ATP folks, who stood firm on a rule the Tour reportedly adopted because doubles specialists were blowing off matches to go and play lucrative league matches .

As Harman points out, the default allowed the other three Americans to catch only late flight from Rome to Düsseldorf Sunday night (8:20 p.m. departure – it’s hard to see how they would have made it even if they had played their doubles at the same time as the Nadal-Djokovic match, on the second court).

Harman also said the organizers in Germany were threatening sanctions if the Americans didn’t make it in time for their matches Monday.

So, really, there certainly seems to be some grey area there.

It’s not unlike Roddick to go off on something if he feels it’s wrong on principle – i.e. they didn’t just take him on faith that the shoulder wouldn’t allow him to play, and he’s torqued about that well, just because of his innate sense of righteous indignation (we here at Open Court would never cast aspersions on anyone with said quality).

You’d think it isn’t the money. He’s made plenty, and his friend Mardy isn’t hurting either. But even rich guys don’t like to give any of it away if they don’t have to.

But rules are rules. And in this case they’re pretty clear. To give his argument much weight, Roddick would have to point out other situations where players in similar fixes got a mulligan.

As well, if you took an ultrasound of Roddick’s shoulder at any time during the season (or most other big servers), it’s likely you’d find some fluid buildup there. He didn’t exactly play a ton of tennis during the clay-court season.

Heck, if you took an ultrasound of your esteemed Open Court servant’s shoulder, they’d probably find fluid (and a whole bunch of other things, too).

To be followed …

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/2011/0 … in-a-snit/

#534 17-05-2011 20:55:00

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Roddick a doubt for French Open after Nice withdrawal

http://www.reuters.com/resources/r/?m=02&d=20110517&t=2&i=416616922&w=460&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=2011-05-17T183204Z_01_BTRE74G1FHN00_RTROPTP_0_TENNIS-MEN-ROME

(Reuters) - Former U.S. Open champion Andy Roddick has pulled out of this week's Nice Open with a shoulder injury and may not be fully fit for the French Open starting on Sunday.

"It is not ready to play yet, I hurt it last week in Rome," the American world number 11 said in a video on the Nice Open official website (www.opennicecotedazur.com) on Tuesday.

"It's running a big risk playing on an unhealthy shoulder with Roland Garros round the corner and Wimbledon shortly afterwards.

"I'm pulling out of Nice for now, obviously the situation is not perfect for Roland Garros."

The 28-year-old's best result at the French Open is the fourth round in 2009 given he is not a clay court specialist but he has reached three Wimbledon finals. He won the 2003 U.S. Open.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/ … H820110517

Nie jest dobrze.

#535 17-05-2011 21:54:19

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

#536 18-05-2011 11:50:40

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Andy Out of Nice to Recover

http://www.google.pl/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://www.taiwannews.com.tw/pub/mid//APBatch/20110509/20110509/4442735.jpg&sa=X&ei=MpHTTZzQA5HLswaOrs3eAg&ved=0CAQQ8wc4twE&usg=AFQjCNEWAFHIjBk8TmoK7WKaHhID1XyuTQ

Andy has withdrawn from the Nice Open to recover from an injury sustained in Rome. “I have been getting treatment almost every hour of the day since I’ve been in Nice and I can’t rightfully say I can go to bed tonight knowing I’m going to be up and ready to play tomorrow,” Andy explained.

Andy and Team Roddick will continue treatment before making any decisions about his participation in Roland Garros. “Obviously the situation is not perfect for Roland Garros. I still have a couple of days for something to get better,” Andy shared his intentions.

“You have to be 100 percent to play in a Grand Slam. It’s running a big risk playing on an unhealthy shoulder with Roland Garros round the corner and Wimbledon shortly afterwards.

Never one to hold back, Andy admitted his disappointment. “It’s been a tough year — one thing after another for over 12 months now,” he added. “Its a little frustrating. I was looking forward to playing here in Nice.”

http://www.andyroddick.com/2011/05/18/a … o-recover/

#537 19-05-2011 11:01:27

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Injured Roddick ponders his options for French Open

http://tennistalk.com/images/article/2156.jpg

Andy Roddick fears that risking his injured shoulder at the fast-approaching French Open could compromise his grass-court season, which begins in just over a fortnight for the American.

The one-time world No. 1 was forced to pull the plug on his participation in this week's Nice ATP tune-up event for Roland Garros, which begins on Sunday.

Roddick first felt was a called a touch of tendinitis in Rome last week, where his problems forced him to withdraw prior to the doubles final alongside good friend Mardy Fish.

His readiness - and willingness - to play Paris is now an open question. His best showing at the clay-court major was the fourth-round spot in 2009.

"I was already injured last week in Rome and I had to withdraw from the men's doubles final," Roddick told local media. "I don't know yet if I will be able to play at Roland Garros. You cannot play a Grand Slam if you're not 100 percent," said the No. 11.

"I want to avoid spending months out injured, it's not been a great year so far," said the 28-year-old plagued by illness and injury since 2010.

http://tennistalk.com/en/news/20110518/ … rench_Open

#538 22-05-2011 14:53:21

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

"Andy Roddick has 'tendonitis and fatigue' in his shoulder. He got an MRI in New York and is in Austin now. He's very dissapointed."

#539 22-05-2011 15:30:01

metjuAR

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rod

Ciekawe, ile w takim razie pauzowania? Nie powinien tego mieć, wszak cały kwiecień się obijał.

249,5 km/h
30 singles titles
2007 Davis Cup

#540 22-05-2011 15:36:10

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

metjuAR napisał:

Ciekawe, ile w takim razie pauzowania?

No ja myślę, że jeszcze tydzień obijania się i ruszamy do Londynu...

Mam taką nadzieję.

Stopka forum

RSS