Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#541 22-05-2011 23:16:02

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Re: Andy Roddick

metjuAR napisał:

Nie powinien tego mieć, wszak cały kwiecień się obijał.

Wiesz, jak Andy pojawił się w ATP to wróżono mu max 2-3 lata gry, po czym miało nastąpić wystrzelenie barku w kosmos. Oczywiście przyczyną miał być potężny serwis Amerykanina. Rod z czasem jednak nauczył się oszczędzać ramię, co w połączeniu z solidnym "materiałem" pozwoliło mu grać tak długo na takim poziomie i bez większych kontuzji. Ostatnio się trochę sypie, ale mimo to i tak jest dużo lepiej niż mu prorokowano w 2001 roku.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#542 23-05-2011 06:01:41

metjuAR

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rod

Marne pocieszenie. Oglądałem powtórkę meczu z Johanssonem (QF USO 04), tam to dopiero strzelanina była.

249,5 km/h
30 singles titles
2007 Davis Cup

#543 04-06-2011 15:50:46

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Roddick In London; Ready For Queen’s

http://www.andyroddick.com/images/news/fullsize/queens2012.jpg

After recovering from the shoulder injury that forced him out of Roland Garros, Andy Roddick has arrived in London to prepare for the grass-court season, which begins next week with the AEGON Championships at The Queen’s Club.

The American has already had one hit on the mowed lawns at The Queen’s Club and will have more opportunity for practice over the coming days before the ATP World Tour 250 tournament begins on Monday.

Roddick is a four-time former champion at the AEGON Championships, lifting the trophy in three consecutive years from 2003-2005 and triumphing again two years later in 2007. He is joined in the high quality line up by World No. 1 Rafael Nadal, No. 2 Novak Djokovic, No. 4 and home favourite Andy Murray, and defending champion Sam Querrey.

Following his campaign at the AEGON Championships, Roddick will have a week’s more practice before competing for the 11th time at The Championships, Wimbledon, where he is a three-time former finalist.

Stay tuned to www.andyroddick.com for all the latest news on Roddick’s exploits during the grass-court swing.

Go, Andy!

http://www.andyroddick.com/2011/06/02/r … E2%80%99s/

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#544 04-06-2011 16:22:11

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Andy Roddick fit and ready for fifth title tilt

http://www.lta.org.uk/NewWebsite/LTA/Images/Photos/People/Players/Players%20-%20Known/Roddick,%20Andy/2010_AndyRoddick_AEGONChampsaction_600x300_getty.jpg

Andy Roddick was a happy man after two days of practice sessions on his favourite surface ahead of the AEGON Championships and his attempt to win a record fifth title at The Queen’s Club.

“I’m excited to be back in London,” he confirmed, in an interview on the BBC Radio 5 Live Show: ‘Freddie Flintoff’s World of Sport’.

“I’m on grass at Queen's, which is my favourite surface, I feel fine, and my shoulder has come up fine over the last couple of days in practice. I’ve been battling it for a while and my reasoning (for not playing the French) was that I needed to get ready for the grass. Wimbledon is probably one of my best chances of winning another Slam. I just didn’t want my shoulder injury to carry on into the summer, so I took care of it and it feels pretty good so far.”

Roddick is one of a handful of players to have won four titles at The Queen’s Club, along with John McEnroe, Boris Becker and Lleyton Hewitt. The American has also reached three Wimbledon finals, and still believes he has it in him to go one step further.

“I was a couple of points away a couple of times (from winning Wimbledon),” he said.

“I feel like there are only a handful of players that really feel comfortable on grass and I’m one of those. I come here and I feel comfortable. I don’t feel like I’m on the road. I like the culture, the people, and the London people have always been really good to me.”

In between his practice sessions, Roddick will be keeping an eye on the conclusion to the French Open.

Regardless of what happens this weekend, he believes that Andy Murray is going to break through and win a Grand Slam title eventually.

“You don’t get to the semi-finals of the French Open by accident,” said Roddick. “You’ve got to be playing well and you’ve got to have a bit of luck to win a Slam. Murray has certainly been putting himself in a position to do it. In my opinion it’s just a matter of time before he wins one of them.”

http://www.lta.org.uk/fans-major-events … itle-tilt/

#545 06-06-2011 11:46:49

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Queen’s Draw is Out

http://www.andyroddick.com/images/news/fullsize/queens2011.jpg

Four-time Champion, Andy Roddick, is back at the Queen’s Club this week to compete in the Aegon Championships. Seeded third, Andy has been awarded a bye into the second round where he will face either Dmitry Tursunov or Feliciano Lopez.

The grass-courts of Queen’s are widely regarded as excellent preparation for Wimbledon and a place where Andy has enjoyed much success in the past. Andy is in the bottom half of the draw and is in the same section as his doubles partner, David Nalbandian, and Spaniard Fernando Verdasco. Andy is in the same half of the draw as Marin Cilic and British hope, Andy Murray. Rafael Nadal is the top seed in London.

See the full men’s singles draw here:
http://www.lta.org.uk/3G/Tournaments/AE … n-draw.pdf

Andy is partnering former Wimbledon finalist, David Nalbandian, in the doubles. In a crowd-pleasing first round match they will take on Radek Stepanek and 2009 US Open Champion, Juan Martin Del Potro.

See the full doubles draw here:
http://www.lta.org.uk/3G/Tournaments/AE … oubles.pdf

AndyRoddick.com will be on-site this week and we’ll bring you all the latest from London Queen’s Club.

andyroddick.com

#546 06-06-2011 16:20:21

Ranger

User

Andy po raz kolejny w top ten  ! Szkoda, że traci aż tyle punktów do Monfilsa - na Wimbledonie chyba nie będzie jednak rozstawiony w pierwszej ósemce.

#547 06-06-2011 16:34:51

robpal

Rafaholic

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafael Nadal

Ja się zastanawiam, czy będzie rozstawiony w dwunastce, bo w tym sezonie wyniki ma marne i trzeba zrekompensować to wynikami na trawie (rozstawienie silnie je uwzględnia). Przydałoby się Queensik wygrać

Ostatnio edytowany przez robpal (06-06-2011 16:35:55)

#548 06-06-2011 16:57:28

Ranger

User

robpal napisał:

Ja się zastanawiam, czy będzie rozstawiony w dwunastce, bo w tym sezonie wyniki ma marne i trzeba zrekompensować to wynikami na trawie (rozstawienie silnie je uwzględnia). Przydałoby się Queensik wygrać

Nie przesadzajmy  . Przewaga Roda nad 13 Gasquetem wynosi 275 punktów, a za wygranie turnieju Queens, Hale lub 's-Hertogenbosch, Eastburne można zdobyć 250 punktów. Ponadto Roddick w ubiegłym roku był w 4 rundzie Wimbledonu, więc uzyska większy bonus niż Gasquet, Wawrinka, lub reszta graczy za nim. Żeby Rod nie był rozstawiony w 12 to musiałby przegrać z Lopezem w Queens, a Gasquet i Wawrinka musieliby koniecznie wygrać po jednym turnieju na trawie.

Wydaje mi się że do Wimbledonu Rod na pewno zostanie w top ten.

#549 06-06-2011 17:17:20

Evans

User

Generalnie w przypadku Andy'ego nie jest chyba ważne z jakim numerem będzie rozstawiony. Wiadome jest, że jeśli zagra bardzo dobry turniej to na trawie jest w stanie wygrać z każdym tenisistą na świecie, ale czy będzie w formie?

#550 06-06-2011 17:26:39

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ranger napisał:

Andy po raz kolejny w top ten  ! Szkoda, że traci aż tyle punktów do Monfilsa - na Wimbledonie chyba nie będzie jednak rozstawiony w pierwszej ósemce.

Powinien spokojnie być w '8' z rozstawienia.

Samego bonusu dostanie coś koło 1000pkt.

#551 07-06-2011 11:19:59

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Roddick Ready To Roll At Queen’s

http://www.andyroddick.com/images/news/fullsize/queens2011b.jpg

Fully fit again, World No. 10 Andy Roddick is ready to launch his assault on the AEGON Championships at The Queen’s Club, where he is a four-time former champion.
Roddick was forced to withdraw from Roland Garros due to a fluid build up and tendonitis in his right shoulder, but arrived in London on Wednesday and after a few practice sessions on the grass, is fit and raring to go.
“[My shoulder] is good,” said Roddick on Sunday. “I had the choice of letting it play itself out in five or six days, or playing through it and risking a two-to-three month injury with Wimbledon and a home Davis Cup tie around the corner. So it wasn’t an easy decision [to miss Roland Garros], but I think it was the right one.”
Andy’s long-time physical trainer, Doug Spreen, explained further, “He feels great. It was not a serious issue. Obviously with him, whenever there’s something in the arm or the shoulder we’re always going to be really proactive in being conservative with it because his serve is such a big deal to him. I know from past history, working with so many tennis players, I’ve seen guys try and fight through inflammation and shoulder pain too much, and I’ve seen where it’s led to really, really big problems.
“I think we made the right call in shutting it down and letting it calm down before it got any worse. One of the things I’m a big believer in is, ‘don’t let minor things become major things’. We always pay close attention to his shoulder and over the next two-to-three weeks we’ll pay even closer attention just to make sure it is completely calmed down.”
The 28-year-old Roddick will open his campaign at the ATP World Tour 250 tournament against big serving lefty Feliciano Lopez on Tuesday. The No. 41-ranked Lopez won his first-round match on Monday against Dmitry Tursunov and has a good record at Queen’s, defeating Rafael Nadal last year to reach the semi-finals.
Despite a lack of match play over the past two months, Roddick goes into the clash with the confidence of a 6-0 career lead over Lopez, and admitted it always helps returning to a venue where you have been successful in the past.
“You’re always a little nervous in your first match on grass, on a different surface,” he said. “But I’m healthy, which is a good start and I’m happy with the way practice has been going. Now it’s just a matter of getting that to translate to match conditions, which is a little easier said than done.”
Roddick will take to the court second on Centre tomorrow, following a 12:30pm start (7:30am ET). Later in the day, he will team up with David Nalbandian to face Juan Martin del Potro and Radek Stepanek in the doubles. That match is scheduled for fifth on Court 1 after a 12:30pm start.
Check out the full order of play here: http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2011/311/op.pdf
Stay tuned to www.andyroddick.com for all the latest news from London!

andyroddick.com

#552 07-06-2011 18:56:20

Bizon

siła spokoju

Raddcik napisał:

Ranger napisał:

Powinien spokojnie być w '8' z rozstawienia.

Samego bonusu dostanie coś koło 1000pkt.

Dokładnie, bonusy są przyznawane za 2 ostatnie Wimbledony. W 2009 roku był w finale, więc powinno styknąć na 8. Poza tym z zawodników z miejsc 5-8 przy dobrej formie Roddick jest w stanie spokojnie ich ograć na trawie. Cieszy że się dzisiaj odblokował, miejmy nadzieję że forma będzie zwyżkować i nie skompromituje go znowu jakiś Lu (z całym szacunkiem dla Yen Hsuna)

MTT Singiel : (Rank-2)

W : Los Angeles 08, Dubaj 09, New Heaven 09, Bangkok 09, Pekin 09, Madryt 10, Roland Garros 10, Barcelona 11, Madryt 11, Roland Garros 11
F  : Olympic Games 08, Bangkok 08, s'Hertogenbosch 10, Wimbledon 10, Los Angeles 10, Memphis 11

#553 07-06-2011 19:34:02

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Roddick Survives Lopez Ace Barrage

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/0111EE0EF7B9419288D58F763B767831.ashx
Andy Roddick celebrates his
first win since March.

Four-time former champion and third seed Andy Roddick won the match of the day, Tuesday at the AEGON Championships, defeating Spaniard Feliciano Lopez 7-6(2), 6-7(5), 6-4 in two hours and 13 minutes.

Both players, accustomed to playing on the slick courts, hit a barrage of aces. Lopez struck 35 aces in his bid to snap a six-match losing streak against Roddick, who hit 15 aces and won 85 per cent of service points.

“I didn't enjoy it when I saw I might play him in the second round, I’ll tell you that much,” admitted Roddick, who improved to a 30-5 record at the Queen's Club. “I knew it was going to be tough. He a very good grass-court player.

“[But] I feel great on grass. This is one of my favourite tournaments in the world and I'm just so happy to be back here in London.”

The win snapped a four-match losing streak for the American that began in March with his fourth-round exit at the BNP Paribas Open (l. to Gasquet).

Defending champion Sam Querrey, the No. 13 seed, and seventh-seeded Spaniard Fernando Verdasco joined Roddick as second round winners Tuesday.

Querrey managed to capitalise on just two of the 16 break point chances he created, but prevailed against German veteran Rainer Schuettler 7-6(6), 5-7, 6-3. Verdasco had an easier time in his match against Frenchman Nicolas Mahut, cruising past the 2007 Queen's Club finalist 6-2, 6-3.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … rrage.aspx

#554 07-06-2011 20:11:10

Ranger

User

Andy jest niezwykle zdeterminowany, a dzisiejsze zwycięstwo może tylko dodać mu solidny zastrzyk energii. Mam takie przeczucie że na Wimbledonie może narobić spore zamieszanie .

Dzięki za wyjaśnienie zasady sposobu ustalenia rozstawień na Wimbledonie .

#555 08-06-2011 14:16:14

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Roddick looks strong at Queen's Club

http://www.google.pl/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://nbcsportsmedia1.msnbc.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/g-spt-110607-roddick-1052a.standard.jpg&sa=X&ei=KGnvTaqvD4bdsga62ZCvCg&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGyHwmcZOPvswc9KotTfUyvnELcmQ

Andy Roddick — looking like fellow top-tenner and high school buddy Mardy Fish in low-cut socks — flung himself about the grass courts of London's Queen's Club on Tuesday to beat Spanish left-hander Feliciano Lopez 7-6, 6-7, 6-4 in the second round of the Aegon Championships.

Judging by the cry of joy that accompanied his victory, Roddick wanted this one. He has been out of action since Rome, more than three weeks ago, and has been training hard in London for the past six days. Despite crashing on to his face as he turned to pursue a Lopez lob, the 28-year-old looked sprightly and mobile throughout an entertaining encounter.

"He threw away the ankle supports he had always worn after his feet felt numb at Key Biscayne," said Larry Stefanki, Roddick's longtime coach. "It's freed him up. He moves better."

It is probably no coincidence Roddick has gone to short socks because he is thrilled that Fish has joined him in the top 10 in the ATP rankings released Monday. The friends, who played Nos. 1-2 on the Boca High team, are now ranked ninth and 10th in the world. "So where's the article about two Americans in the top 10?" Roddick called over to me as he helped himself to a plate full of strawberries in the players' lounge.

Here it is, Andy.

It is no secret that Roddick, a solid top-tenner for almost 10 years until his ranking dropped fractionally earlier in the year, has been annoyed about having to answer questions about the state of American tennis at virtually every news conference. "I've been doing my job," he said, finally, a few weeks ago. "I can't be responsible for what anyone else is doing."

He did his job against Lopez, too, fighting back from the loss of the second set with some great scrambling and spectacular winners. A brisk backhand service return pass took him to two match points, at 15-40, and although Lopez, who volleyed brilliantly throughout, saved those two, the Spaniard could not control his forehand on the third.

"He's a very good grass-court player, serves big," said Roddick. "A couple of points here and there, I thought I started returning real well there in the third set."

Answering the inevitable question about those socks, Roddick replied, "Just trying to flash the calf a little bit. Everyone comments on how my wife (model Brooklyn Decker) has nice legs, so I decided to display them also. I can't come second in the family in everything."

Earlier, Juan Martin del Potro, who, unlike Roddick, did not receive a first-round bye, came through his first match in impressive style against Denis Istomin of Uzbekistan 6-4, 6-2. Unlike some clay courters, del Potro has come here with the right attitude.

"For South American players, it's difficult to play on grass," he admitted. "But I want to learn on this surface. I want to improve my game, my serve, my volley. I know the best players in history win on grass court, so I will try to win matches."

Two other Americans won. Sam Querrey, the defending champion here, came through a tough one against veteran German Rainer Schuettler 6-7, 7-5, 6-3, while Michael Russell was too fast and too sharp for Germany's Denis Gremelmayer, winning 6-3, 7-5.

http://msn.foxsports.com/tennis/story/a … ueens-club

#556 09-06-2011 11:22:26

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Roddick vs. Anderson in Third Round

http://www.andyroddick.com/images/news/fullsize/queens2011c.jpg

Playing the first match on Centre Court tomorrow, American Andy Roddick will take on South Africa’s Kevin Anderson in Round 2 of the AEGON Championships in London.

Having met only once before with the four-time Queen’s Club champion claiming the victory, 6-2, 4-6, 6-2, in Brisbane this year, these two are competitors are vaguely familiar with each other’s games. Seeded 15th, Anderson defeated Ivo Karlovic, 6-4, 7-6(2), to reach this round for the second time here in his career.

Having turned pro back in 2007, it wasn’t until this past April that the Johannesburg-resident reached his career high ranking of 33, and now stands at 39th on the South African Airways World Tour ladder. Claiming his maiden title at his hometown SA Open and defeating former champion Nikolay Davydenko at the Sony Ericcson Open this year were not only his best annual performances but also his career chart-toppers. With a goal of breaking the Top 20 by the end of the year, our third seed will need to resurrect his title-capturing tactics to halt his opponent’s game plan while in London.

Here are more stats on the towering 25-year-old:
Birthplace:Johannesburg, South Africa
Residence:Johannesburg, South Africa
Height:6’8″ (203 cm)
Weight:197 lbs (89 kg)
Plays:Right-handed
Turned Pro:2007
Coach:Michael Anderson & LouisVosloo

Tuned in at 12:30pm (7:30am EST) to catch Andy’s match, and stay tuned for on-site insight and match reports from Queen’s Club, London.

http://www.andyroddick.com/2011/06/08/r … ird-round/

#557 09-06-2011 17:41:52

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Roddick Sets Verdasco Quarter-final

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/E7DDEB9F573D4C2E8CEE4F38B63C7D90.ashx
Andy Roddick has a 31-5 event record at The
Queen's Club.

After being extended to three sets by Feliciano Lopez in his opening match at the AEGON Championships, Andy Roddick enjoyed smoother progress on Thursday as he dismissed South African Kevin Anderson 6-4, 6-4 to reach the quarter-finals of the ATP World Tour 250 grass-court tennis tournament.

The third-seeded American broke serve once in each set and withstood 13 aces from Anderson to prevail in 78 minutes. He improved to a 31-5 mark at The Queen’s Club, having won the title in 2003-2005 and 2007.

"It was kind of as you would expect," reflected Roddick. "He had some chances to break. He didn't get them. I had a couple chances and I converted. That was pretty much the story of the match. Obviously we all come over here with Wimbledon as the end goal, but I treat this tournament as separate.  It is preparation, but at the same time it's still a very important tournament for me."

The 28-year-old Roddick is playing just his third ATP World Tour tournament since March; he was troubled by a right shoulder injury and forced to miss Roland Garros. His win over Lopez on Tuesday was his first victory since reaching the third round at the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells.

Roddick goes on to face No. 7 seed Fernando Verdasco, who finished strongly to defeat former Wimbledon finalist David Nalbandian 7-5, 6-1 in 73 minutes. The Spaniard saved the four break points he faced and took three of his seven opportunities to reach the quarter-finals at Queen’s for the first time in four visits.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … rters.aspx

#558 10-06-2011 11:04:40

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Roddick Rolls Anderson, Enters Quarterfinals

http://www.andyroddick.com/images/news/fullsize/queens2011d.jpg

In a straight set victory today, third seed Andy Roddick rolled the fifteenth seed, Kevin Anderson, 6-4, 6-4, to earn a spot in the quarterfinals. With Spain’s fiery Fernando Verdasco as our American’s next opponent, these two as well as the fans are preparing for the 12:30pm Centre Court battle at the AEGON Championships. Stay tuned to AR.com for a complete preview and more live coverage from Queen’s Club, London.

http://www.andyroddick.com/2011/06/10/r … terfinals/

#559 14-06-2011 23:09:26

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Connors nie wróży Roddickowi świetlanej przyszłości

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/photos/4d623b6dd9c1f080796300.gif

Andy Roddick stracił miano pierwszej rakiety kraju na rzecz Mardy'ego Fisha, a przez blisko dwa miesiące sklasyfikowany był poza Top 10 światowego rankingu. Amerykanin w sierpniu skończy 29. rok życia i coraz trudniej będzie mu powtórzyć wielkoszlemowy triumf sprzed ośmiu lat. - Musiałby zaprezentować coś niesamowitego, ale nie jestem przekonany czy w obecnej sytuacji go na to stać - wyznał Jimmy Connors.
Connors, ośmiokrotny zwycięzca zawodów wielkoszlemowych, wyrobił sobie zdanie na temat Roddicka, będąc w latach 2006-2008 jego głównym trenerem. Obecnie, rezydujący w Teksasie zawodnik współpracuje z Larrym Stefankim, który przed dwoma laty poprowadził Amerykanina do finału rozgrywanego na kortach trawiastych Wimbledonu.

Stefanki zwrócił również uwagę potężnie serwującego Roddicka na pozostałe elementy tenisowego rzemiosła, co miało zredukować ryzyko odniesienia przez niego kontuzji. Wpływ tych zmian na grę swojego byłego podopiecznego dostrzegł również Connors: - Silne podanie w dalszym ciągu jest jego główną bronią, lecz nie daje mu już takiej pewności, bowiem pozostali gracze coraz częściej są w stanie utrzymać piłkę w korcie. Rośnie również liczba zawodników dysponujących znacznie mocniejszym serwisem od niego - zauważył czołowy tenisista lat 70. i 80. minionego stulecia.

Connors podkreślił także istotę zmian, jakie zaszły w życiu Roddicka, który w 2009 roku poślubił Brooklyn Decker: - Tenis to ciężka praca wykonywana przez 365 dni w roku. Jeśli z różnych przyczyn nie jesteś w stanie poświęcić temu stosownej ilości własnego czasu, to zaczynasz zdawać sobie sprawę z tego, że nie jest on najważniejszy w twoim życiu - zakończył legendarny tenisista.

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2011/ … zyszlosci/

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#560 15-06-2011 22:46:57

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

DUN I LOVE napisał:

Jimmy Connors napisał:

Rośnie również liczba zawodników dysponujących znacznie mocniejszym serwisem od niego - zauważył czołowy tenisista lat 70. i 80. minionego stulecia.

Kto, Jimmy, kto ?

Jeden Raonić - Tylko on i Rod mogą walnąć 150mph+ panie Jimmy.

O Karloviciu nie mówię, bo tamto 'coś' to był oczywisty 'Fake'.

Roddick Looks Good At Hurlingham Exhibition

http://www.andyroddick.com/images/news/fullsize/queens2011g.jpg

With Wimbledon just five days away, Andy Roddick got in some final match practice as he defeated 2010 runner-up Tomas Berdych 6-3, 6-4 in an exhibition match at the Fortis Tennis Classic, held at the Hurlingham club in south-west London.

Roddick hit with coach, Larry Stefanki, right up until players were called to court, and impressed in his straight-sets win over the No. 7-ranked Berdych. He served well in the opening stages and broke Berdych’s serve in the second game with a backhand cross-court passing shot.

Exhibitions usually invite relaxed atmospheres among crowds and players alike, and with his high level of play in the first set, Roddick was happy to share his buoyant mood with the crowd. In the fifth game a police siren rang out from a road close by, prompting Roddick to point at Berdych and shout, “It was him!”

The American barely dropped a point on serve as he polished off the first set, but came up against more resistance from Berdych in the second set. The Czech player, who defeated Roger Federer in the Wimbledon quarter-finals last year, went up an early break 3-0. However, he allowed Roddick back in as two double faults proved costly in the fifth game and the American broke back.

With the weather closing in and ominous black clouds gathering, Roddick stepped up to break Berdych in the ninth game as his forehand found its mark, and he closed out the victory on serve. He went away pleased with an explosive first serve and strong play off the forehand wing.

The exhibition gave Roddick the chance to stay match sharp in a week largely spent in the gym and practising once or twice a day at the All England Lawn Tennis Club. He discovered on Wednesday that he will be seeded No. 8 at The Championships, where he has finished runner-up three times before.

Stay tuned to www.andyroddick.com for all the latest news from London.

http://www.andyroddick.com/2011/06/15/r … xhibition/

Stopka forum

RSS