Administrator

Re: Debel 2010 - wątek ogólny.

Eee, a to czemu?

#22 21-11-2010 00:04:26

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Nestor ma grać z Mirnym, a Zimonjić z Llodrą. Nieźle.

Former champions Daniel Nestor and Nenad Zimonjic are aiming to go out on a high in their final ATP World Tour tournament as a team. In 2011, Nestor will partner Max Mirnyi, while Zimonjic joins forces with Michael Llodra.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … inish.aspx

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#23 22-11-2010 20:12:57

Joao

Buntownik z wyboru

W 2011 roku powróci "Indyjski Express"

Podczas turnieju finałowego ATP World Tour w hali O2 w Londynie dwaj tenisiści z Indii - Leander Paes i Mahesh Bhupathi ogłosili, że w 2011 roku znów będą razem występować w deblu. "Indyjski Express" już zapowiada walkę o wielkoszlemowy tytuł w Australian Open.- Na razie chcemy z Maheshem skompletować swojego Wielkiego Szlema. Australian Open jest jedynym z czterech najważniejszych turniejów, jakiego nie udało nam się jeszcze razem wygrać. Na razie się na tym koncentrujemy i zobaczymy, co będzie dalej. Na pewno zagramy w kilku turniejach, a później zobaczymy - powiedział Paes.

Dwaj tenisiści z Indii po raz pierwszy stworzyli na korcie duet w 1994 roku, a w kolejnych sezonach wygrali razem 223 mecze, ponosząc 81 porażek. Trzykrotnie triumfowali w Wielkim Szlemie, a dwukrotnie przegrywali w finale.

Ich drogi, w dość niezrozumiałych okolicznościach, rozeszły się w styczniu 2002 roku, zaraz po Australian Open. Żaden z nich nie chciał komentować tej sytuacji, ani uzasadnić rozstania. Po nim kontynuowali - z sukcesami - swoje kariery, często zmieniając partnerów.

- Nic nie chcemy obiecywać, ale na pewno rozpoczniemy razem przyszły sezon i jakiś czas ze sobą pogramy. Jak długo? To się okaże. Mamy za sobą sporo sukcesów i postanowiliśmy spróbować powiększyć ich liczbę - ogłosił 36-letni Bhupathi jeszcze przed pierwszym meczem w turnieju masters, gdzie gra z Białorusinem Maksem Mirnyjem.

Przed tygodniem triumfowali w turnieju rangi ATP Masters 1000 w paryskiej hali w Bercy, dzięki czemu awansowali na trzecie miejsce w rankingu
ATP.

We wtorek o godz. 12.15 (13.15 czasu polskiego) Bhupathi i Mirnyj zmierzą się w O2 Arena z Łukaszem Kubotem i Austriakiem Oliverem Marachem (nr 5.) na otwarcie zmagań w grupie B. Znaleźli się w niej także Kanadyjczyk Daniel Nestor i Serb Nenad Zimonjić (2.) oraz debiutujący w imprezie Wesley Moodie z RPA i Belg Dick Norman (7.) - zagrają wieczorem.

Natomiast Paes w swoim 12. występie w turnieju Masters - podobnie jak przed rokiem - z Czechem Dlouhym (3.). W niedzielę wieczorem przegrali z Mariuszem Fyrstenbergiem i Marcinem Matkowskim (6.) 3:6, 6:7 (3-7) w meczu w grupie A. Wcześniej w tym sezonie dwukrotnie pokonali Polaków, w tym w ćwierćfinale wielkoszlemowego Roland Garros.

- Lukáš jest dla mnie jak młodszy brat. Przyjaźnimy się i doskonale rozumiemy także poza kortem. Jednak od Roland Garros coś w naszej grze się popsuło. Coś nam jakby umknęło. Od kilku miesięcy nie udaje nam się tego odnaleźć, dlatego postanowiliśmy grać
osobno. Nie wiem czy dobrze robimy, czy źle, ale to jedyny pomysł, jaki nam przyszedł do głowy. Zobaczymy, jak to będzie dalej - powiedział Paes, który ma na koncie sześć tytułów wielkoszlemowych i cztery przegrane finały.

W ubiegłym roku z Czechem triumfował w Roland Garros i US Open, co pozwoliło im na występ w ATP World Tour Finals. W tym sezonie również się do niego zakwalifikowali, mimo słabszych wyników
uzyskiwanych po Roland Garros. Te niepowodzenia sprawiły, że w ostatnich miesiącach próbowali sił z innymi partnerami.

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2010/ … i-express/

Ciekawy sezon deblowy się szykuje.

Człowiek, jak każda małpa, jest zwierzęciem społecznym, a społeczeństwo rządzi się kumoterstwem, nepotyzmem, lewizną i plotkarstwem, uznając je za podstawowe normy postępowania etycznego. (Cień wiatru - Carlos Ruiz Zafon)

#24 28-11-2010 19:34:34

Serenity

User

Nestor-Zimonjic End Partnership On A High Note

Daniel Nestor and Nenad Zimonjic ended their three-year partnership on a high note Sunday as they were crowned champions of the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals for the second time. In a close final they defeated Mahesh Bhupathi and Max Mirnyi 7-6(6), 6-4 at The O2 in London.

It is the seventh title of the season for the Canadian-Serbian duo, whose earlier triumphs include lifting the trophies at on clay at Roland Garros and the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournament in Monte-Carlo.

The second seeds, who saved one match point to defeat defending champions Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan in the semi-finals, also won the year-end championships at Shanghai in 2008.

Next year Nestor will team up with Mirnyi, while Zimonjic will join forces with France’s Michael Llodra. In the on-court trophy presentation Nestor joked: “We’ve had three amazing years. People wonder why we are splitting up. The truth is we play great tennis, but we really don’t like each other!”

http://www.barclaysatpworldtourfinals.c … -High.aspx

#25 29-11-2010 12:16:10

Art

User

http://i55.tinypic.com/4p3e0.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/34qo0hl.jpg

#26 03-12-2010 19:15:53

jaccol55

Administrator

BOPANNA-QURESHI AWARDED 2010 GRAND PRIX OF PEACE & SPORTS

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/F334B6362E2448039E5E8B5ED2DBB2C1.ashx
Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi received
the award from Joel Bouzou and Crown Prince Albert of Monaco.

“The Indo-Pak Express”, Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi, were awarded the 2010 Grand Prix of Peace & Sports at the fourth International Forum Peace and Sport in Monaco on Thursday evening.

The US Open finalists, whose slogan is “Stop War, Start Tennis”, were presented with the award by Crown Prince Albert of Monaco and Joel Bouzou, president and founder of Peace and Sport Foundation, in recognition of their efforts to promote peaceful relations between India and Pakistan.

The citation of the award said, “Their commitment to promoting peace between the two countries and their conviction that peace was possible was shown amply during the year. In the US Open tournament they managed to bring together the ambassadors of India and Pakistan to support the same team.”
In presenting the award, Bouzou said he hoped the Indian and Pakistani governments would support Bopanna and Qureshi’s project to organise a symbolic tennis match at the Wagah border checkpost. He asked, “The sport is ready for peace. Will the two governments rise to the occasion?”

After the event, Bopanna said via his Twitter account, “Was a fantastic Gala dinner last night and was really happy to have won the Image of the year award. Really an honor to sit in the same table for dinner as the Excellency Prince Albert.”

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … Award.aspx

#27 27-12-2010 15:16:19

jaccol55

Administrator

Paes turns to acting as well as tennis

http://www.tennistalk.com/images/article/858.jpg

Indian tennis king Leander Paes is considering a Bollywood film career at age 37 as his time on court winds down. But the ATP player says that he's not yet ready to give up the sport just yet and is trying to balance both interests.

“Tennis is still up there on the agenda, but yes, I've to find the right balance between films and tennis. I won't be playing more than 14 to 15 tournaments next year, so that there is enough time for shooting and for my family," he said. .

Paes owns 11 Grand Slam doubles titles and is planning to play on in 2011, especially with the London Olympic little more than 18 months away. “I've taken to acting to give expression to my creative instincts which have always been there,” he said, “Tennis was one form, this is a different medium, but the goal is same: to entertain."

Paes said that while the fit between acting and tennis might not be apparent, "the directors and producers I'm working with know that as well. They know they will get quality from me, and that's why they have put faith in me."

Paes will get back on court with longtime rival and doubles partner Mahesh Bhupathi for a trial early in 2011 in Chennai and the Australian Open. "We're playing together after a long gap, so it's important to start at home. We'll see how it goes, how comfortable we are with each other and take a call about our partnership. There's no guarantee we'll win titles and we may lose early also.”

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20101 … _as_tennis

Stopka forum

RSS