mtenis.pun.pl - forum fanów tenisa ATP

Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#21 21-11-2010 20:13:41

jaccol55

Administrator

Re: Carlos Moya

MOYA MAKES EMOTIONAL FAREWELL IN LONDON

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/DD2718F4C6E548449F39AA4060F9CFCE.ashx Former World No. 1 Carlos Moya took part in an emotional retirement ceremony on Sunday, alongside every player competing at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals and a selection of former ATP World Tour stars.

Earlier this week, the 34-year-old Spaniard ended a 15-year professional career that included 20 titles, including 1998 Roland Garros. He had been suffering from a long-term foot injury.

“It was not easy,” admitted Moya, on his decision to retire. “But it didn't happen overnight.  [Tennis] is a sport I love. It is what I've been doing since I was six years old. And it’s not easy to leave the love of your life. I have no regrets about anything because I try my best.”

Nadal, who first met Moya when he was 11 years old, admitted: "It's a sad day for me because I'm saying goodbye to a friend and tennis is saying goodbye to a great ambassador.

"He was the first Spaniard to be number one and he helped me a lot when I was a young player. I've missed him a lot this last year when he's not been on the circuit."

Moya, speaking at a post-ceremony press conference, never imagined the precocious young talent would become one of the all-time great players.

"He is amazing player," said Moya, who was embraced by past and present players including Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray. “He was a good prospect of being a good player but you never know what can happen. I realised he had something special, but could never think that he could be that good, to be honest.

"He's one of the greatest ever. But he's on his way to become, who knows, maybe the greatest."

Moya also admitted, “I think he helped me. When he was 13 or 14 we were practising together. I was near the Top 10 and sometimes he was beating me during the practice.

"That made me think. That made me improve, and evolve. You see a kid like this kicking your ass so you try to avoid that. So he made me improve and made me more positive.

Moya received a warm reception from 17,500 fans as he walked onto the Centre Court at The O2 in London.

“Although I didn't play great here at Wimbledon, well – one year played fourth round – they treated me always very well. They knew I was a Top 10 player.

“Today has been an honour for me to be here.  Like I said before, I would like to thank the ATP for this recognition. It has been a great feeling.”

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis … emony.aspx

#22 02-12-2010 19:33:38

jaccol55

Administrator

Och, Carlos

http://blog.rp.pl/files/2010/07/stopa.JPG
Karol Stopa

Polały się łzy w londyńskiej hali O2. Pożegnanie kończącego karierę Carlosa Moi do złudzenia przypominało uroczystość wyprawioną niedawno w Dausze Jelenie Dementiewej.
Różnicę dostrzegłem tylko jedną. Słynne koleżanki Dementiewej płakały solidarnie niczym na pogrzebie, za to ona do końca zachowała spokój. Nad Tamizą odwrotnie: gwiazdy męskiego tenisa przywdziały maski pokerzystów, a głównemu bohaterowi głos się łamał i oczy pociły. 12 lat po pięciosetowym finale Masters przegranym z Aleksem Corretją ubrany w garnitur Carlos przyjmował podziękowania i ukłony m.in. od Rafy Nadala, dla którego był “wujkiem z Majorki”.
Kiedy w 1997 roku w finale Australian Open naprzeciw Pete’a Samprasa stanął mało znany 20-latek, magazyn “Tennis” pisał, że: “on przecież, jak wszyscy Hiszpanie, przyszedł na świat mając ceglaną mączkę na podeszwach butów”. Autor trafił kulą w płot, bo Carlos wychowywał się akurat na kortach betonowych, a dopiero jako gracz dojrzały polubił czerwoną nawierzchnię. Jego styl gry odbiegał od wzorca z Półwyspu Iberyjskiego, to on zapoczątkował tam zmiany: dużo mniej rotacji, więcej ryzyka, ostry, równy serwis, jak trzeba to atak przy siatce. Gracz z Palma de Mallorca w roku 1999 został pierwszym hiszpańskim liderem rankingu ATP, był w 44 finałach, zdobył 20 tytułów, zarobił na korcie prawie 13,5 mln dolarów.
Miał dar uczenia się najtrudniejszych zagrań, niestety, brakowało mu charakteru i wytrwałości Nadala. Szybko się zapalał do taktycznych lub technicznych nowinek i jeszcze szybciej tracił zainteresowanie. Wolał bekhend obiegać, niż go poprawić tak, jak to kiedyś zrobił np. Ivan Lendl. Jako 21-latek wygrał Roland Garros, kolejne ważne tytuły wydawały się kwestią czasu. On tymczasem ani razu nie przekroczył potem ćwierćfinału Wielkiego Szlema. Obdarzony wielkim talentem nie zrobił zbyt wiele, by go – używając języka ewangelisty – pomnożyć.
Unikał wielkich publicznych okazji, ale potrafił się bawić i korzystać z życia jak mało kto. Mogą to potwierdzić choćby bywalcy sopockich dyskotek. Podobny do Antonia Banderasa miał gigantyczne powodzenie u kobiet. Przed trzema miesiącami został ojcem córeczki Carli, związek z jej mamą aktorką Caroliną Cerezuelą jeszcze trwa. Piszę o tym, bo tak jak wybaczyłem Moi jego rozmaite tenisowe niedoróbki, tak do dziś nie mogę zrozumieć jego decyzji o rozstaniu z Włoszką Flavią Pennettą. Carlos, jak mogłeś zostawić taką kobietę?!

http://blog.rp.pl/stopa/2010/11/22/och-carlos/

#23 25-02-2011 01:36:25

jaccol55

Administrator

Son Moix odda cześć Carlosowi Moyi

http://www.fcbarca.com/images/news/35585.jpg

Zarząd Mallorki poinformował, że w sobotę przed meczem z Barceloną zostanie oddany hołd Carlosowi Moyi, który niedawno zakończył swoją karierę tenisową. Były numer 1 rankingów światowych, zwycięzca m.in. French Open na kortach Rolanda Garrosa oraz Pucharu Davisa otrzyma złote insygnia klubu z Balearów za wspaniała karierę sportową i uroczyście rozpocznie spotkanie.

Mallorca oczekuje, że uroczystości związane z Moyą oraz imprezy organizowane przez fankluby będą wspaniałym wstępem do "spotkania roku", jak nazywa mecz z Barceloną zarząd klubu. Oczekiwana jest rekordowa frekwencja - jak na razie najwięcej kibiców w tym sezonie przyszło na Son Moix podczas pierwszej kolejki Primera División, kiedy na wyspę przyjechał Real Madryt.

http://www.fcbarca.com/index2.php?goto=kom&news=35585

#24 16-05-2011 09:51:30

Serenity

User

Moya To Make Champions Tour Debut In Bogota

http://www.atpchampionstour.com/images/moya.jpg

Former World Number One Carlos Moya will launch his ATP Champions Tour career at the second annual Seguros Bolivar Tennis Champions in Bogota, Colombia next month (May 19-22).

The 34 year-old, who only retired from the ATP World Tour in November of last year, revealed on his Twitter feed yesterday that it was the lure of competition which had prompted his decision to join the ATP Champions Tour, and the clay courts of Bogota’s Palacio de los Deportes are the perfect place for him to make his much-anticipated debut.

During his 15 years on the ATP World Tour, Moya reached three of the greatest heights in the sport, winning a Grand Slam singles title at Roland Garros in 1998, reaching the World Number One position the following year, and helping Spain to win a Davis Cup title in 2004.

The Spaniard also used the medium of Twitter this week to respond with fighting talk when asked whether he would pose a threat to the dominant forces on the ATP Champions Tour - Thomas Enqvist, who topped the year-end rankings in 2010 and current South African Airways Rankings leader Mark Philippoussis. When asked if he could beat them, Moya replied: "Absolutely.".

Moya will have to reach the final if he is to take on either Philippoussis or defending champion Enqvist in Bogotoa, as the Spaniard has been drawn in to Group A alongside fellow French Open Champion Yevgeny Kafelnikov, Younes El Aynaoui and Colombian Mario Rincon. Group B will see Enqvist and Philippoussis pitted against Colombian Maurcio Hadad as well as former World Number One Thomas Muster.

Matches are played over the best of three sets, with a Champions’ Tie-break (first to 10 points with a clear advantage of two) to decide the winner. After all round-robin matches are complete, the top two players in each group will meet in Tuesday's final.

After Bogota The ATP Champions Tour will continue its South America swing in Sao Paulo, Brazil for the Grand Champions Brasil at the Sociedade Harmonia de Ténis (May 26-29).

http://www.atpchampionstour.com/news156.html

#25 01-06-2011 13:18:34

Serenity

User

Moya Wins First ATP Champions Tour Title In Sao Paulo

Carlos Moya defeated two-time winner Thomas Enqvist to win his first ever ATP Champions Tour tournament at the Grand Champions Brasil in Sao Paulo.

Moya, who trailed Enqvist 3-5 in their head-to-head on the ATP World Tour, found a level of play that Enqvist could not live with to triumph 7-6(0), 6-3.

“I am very happy to win my first tournament on the Champions Tour here in Sao Paulo, a city that I haven’t been to before," said Moya. "I was amazed with the city and the public. I've played in many places around the world and this is one of the most beautiful clubs I've been to.”

Moya added that he enjoyed the unique combination of competition and entertainment on the ATP Champions Tour.

“The head of a sportsman is always focused on winning, and that was the same today," said Moya. "But the atmosphere is more relaxed as well and that requires less physical pressure. I’ve had a great week and am very pleased with how I played. I'll rest now because I played seven games in 12 days, but my idea is to participate in five or six tournaments on the Tour each year. I’ve really enjoyed my first two so I want to continue.”

The first set was predictably tight, with Enqvist having had so many positive experiences in Sao Paulo with victories over the past two years. Once into the Tie-Break it was all Moya. Using his serve and big forehand to good effect, the Spaniard didn't lose a single point.

One break of serve was enough in the second set, and Moya was clearly ecstatic when he sealed match-point to win his first ATP Champions Tour title.

Elsewhere, home favourite Flavio Saretta caused another upset by beating Yevgeny Kafelnikov 1-6, 6-3, 10-6 to take third place.

Matches on the ATP Champions Tour are played over the best of three sets, with a Champions’ Tie-break (first to 10 points with a clear advantage of two) to decide the winner. After all round-robin matches are complete, the top two players in each group meet in the final.

To view the round-robin groups and the order of play for the week in Sao Paulo, go to results.

The Tour will now move on to Algarve, Portugal in August for one of the most popular tournaments of the year.

http://www.atpchampionstour.com/news167.html

Carlos w formie. Kilka dni wcześniej, w Bogocie uległ Markowi Philippousisowi w finale w Super Tie-Breaku.

Ostatnio edytowany przez Serenity (01-06-2011 13:20:20)

Stopka forum

RSS