mtenis.pun.pl - forum fanów tenisa ATP

Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#41 09-08-2010 12:18:45

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Re: David Nalbandian

David wyszedł na plus jeżeli chodzi o ratio pojedynków finałowych. Przed wczorajszym fiunałem taki bilans wynosił 10-10, obecnie jest +1: 11-10.

Szlemy: 0-1
Mastersy: 2-4
Masters Cup: 1-0

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#42 09-08-2010 12:53:12

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Nalbandian captures 11th career title in Washington

Argentina's David Nalbandian defeated Marcos Baghdatis in straight sets at the Legg Mason Tennis Classic on Sunday.

David Nalbandian did not play like he was the 117 ranked tennis player in the world. The oft-injured Argentine was completely dominant in the first set of Sunday's final against Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis.

Nalbandian served terribly in the opening set; his first serve percentage was just 42%, but Baghdatis did not return anywhere near well enough to make a dent on the Argentine's serve. Baghdatis did not earn a single service break, while going 0 for 2 on break points against.

The second set was more exciting, with most points ending in either fantastic winners or else dreadful errors. Both men hit the ball with so much pace, that any mistiming at all sent the ball feet beyond the lines.

Still, the shot-making was impressive. Nalbandian went up an early break, and a easy win for the Argentine seemed imminent. It was not to be. A few loose forehands and some good returning from Baghdatis gave the Cypriot the break back at 2-3.

Nalbandian's next service game featured another pair of break points, but the Argentine was able to fight them off. The set stayed on serve to force the tiebreaker.

Baghdatis got in an immediate whole on the first point of the breaker. Nalbandian went on to quickly reel off the next 5 points, as the Baghdatis backhand soared on him. Not to be outdone, Nalbandian went on to lose the next 3 points, including a double fault.

An error from Baghdatis set up match points, which Nalbandian immediately converted with a great serve. Both men will head to Toronto for the Rogers Cup next week.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/match_repo … Nalbandian

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#43 09-08-2010 14:23:22

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

The unrealized talent of David Nalbandian

The summer suddenly became considerably more interesting with the end of the Legg Mason Tennis Classic in Washington D.C., and not because the U.S. players who traditionally do well there were all swept out before the semifinals.

For the third consecutive year, an Argentine player won the event, triggering an outcry to change the name of Rock Creek to Rio Piedra. This time, it wasn't Juan Martin del Potro doing damage on behalf of the baby blue-and-white. It was long-lost David Nalbandian, the mercurial bon vivant who started the tournament with a ranking of No. 117 but who will now vault into the top 50. He became the first guy ranked outside the top 100 to win a tournament this year with his tidy 6-2, 7-6 (4) win over that other Lost (but dangerous) Boy of tennis, Marcos Baghdatis.

It was quite a ride for Nalbandian, the 28-year old cannon of Cordoba. And I'm not talking about this week -- I'm talking about an entire career here. Nalbandian's career has been filled with more dips and peaks than the infamous "Beast," the roller coaster at King's Island Park near Cincinnati, in the shadow of which Nalbandian probably will be laboring in a couple of weeks at the Western & Southern Financial Group Masters.

Remember that time Nalbandian had the selfsame Baghdatis on the ropes in the semis of the Australian Open, only to let it slip away 6-4 in the fifth? How about that time he won the first set off Roger Federer in the French Open semis, and looked to be rolling in the second, when he had to quit because of a torn stomach muscle? Remember when he stunned everyone by making the final at Wimbledon or that five-set semifinal he lost to Andy Roddick in the semis at the U.S. Open?

This guy has been around the Grand Slam block, and he's run circles around some Masters 1000 events as well. Remember 2007 when he beat Federer and Rafael Nadal in back-to-back Masters finals (Madrid and Paris, respectively)? Nalbandian is a leading candidate for that dubious distinction, "best player never to win a major." Every pro on the tour considers him dangerous, even if he's mostly been deadly on himself.

Nalbandian makes no bones about enjoying the good life -- race cars, a blowout asada now and then, a guest appearance as a rapper in a music video created by some hometown buddies, an Argentinean hip-hop outfit. Sometimes, training has fallen by the wayside. Sometimes his focus has wavered. Remember four years ago when he appeared to dive into the tank at Wimbledon, just so he wouldn't miss the telecast of World Cup match featuring Argentina?

All this dilly-dallying, combined with some bad luck and injuries, has kept Nalbadian's title count at a modest 11, absurdly low for so talented a player. Before this past week, he hadn't played a tournament since February. How do you explain this? It's simple: The first thing you learn if you take the time to study the great tennis head cases of our time. He didn't expect to win this event (how could he?), therefore, he won it.

Granted, this guy has had a lot of trouble stepping up when he's raised the bar of expectations. That may happen again, in which case Rafa and the boys have little to worry about.

But Nalbandian knows the clock on his career is ticking, and he's managed to whip himself into pretty good shape following his long, injury-induced layoff. Even a good-time Charley tennis pro can't avoid maturity forever, and if Nalbandian is going to slough off his reputation as a unrealized talent, he'll have to act soon.

Nalbandian's surface of choice is hard courts, and if he can remain hard-nosed and injury free, his multi-directional backhand, his talent for opening up the court, his deceptive quickness and pin-point counterpunching could make life uncomfortable in the coming weeks for the men who have the one thing he doesn't -- that major title.

http://espn.go.com/sports/tennis/blog/_ … nalbandian

#44 09-08-2010 14:24:40

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

David Nalbandian completes comeback

WASHINGTON -- Confident as David Nalbandian is, he harbored some doubts about how he would play at the Legg Mason Tennis Classic.

After all, he was ranked 117th after missing about 12 of the past 15 months because of injuries. He hadn't played in a tournament since April. He needed a wild-card invitation merely to get into the field.

A week later, he leaves as the hard-court tournament's champion -- and someone to watch at the U.S. Open.

Argentina's Nalbandian became the first player ranked outside the top 100 to win an ATP title in 2010, using his typically strong service returns and effective baseline game to beat No. 25 Marcos Baghdatis of Cyprus 6-2, 7-6 (4) on Sunday in a Legg Mason final between two past Grand Slam finalists.

"If he plays like that," Baghdatis said, "he can beat a lot of guys in the top 10."

It's Nalbandian's 11th career title, but his first on U.S. soil, and first anywhere in 1½ years. He hadn't entered a tournament since April, sidelined by a bad left hamstring. Before that, Nalbandian missed nearly 10 months starting in May 2009 because of hip surgery.

"I didn't expect to win my first tournament," Nalbandian said. "In the beginning, if I had to bet, I [wouldn't have] bet on myself, of course."

Perhaps. But the 2002 Wimbledon runner-up is back on tour and back to giving opponents fits, particularly with his returning. He broke four of the first seven times Baghdatis served.

"He's putting a lot of pressure on the return," said Baghdatis, who twisted his left ankle in the semifinals Saturday and said he felt pain early in the final.

Baghdatis had a chance to extend the match while leading 6-5 in the second set. He held a set point at 30-40 on Nalbandian's serve, but put a forehand into the net on a 10-stroke exchange. Nalbandian eventually held serve there, then surged to a 5-0 lead in the tiebreaker.

"Basically," Baghdatis would say later, "that's it."

Well, not quite: Baghdatis won the next three points. Plus, Nalbandian had problems with his serve throughout the second set -- he faced 11 break points, although he saved all but two -- and he hit his seventh double-fault of the day on his first match point. But Baghdatis then missed a forehand to end the match after 1 hour, 59 minutes.

Nalbandian has reached at least the semifinals five times at major championships, and was ranked as high as No. 3. But all of the recent time off, including skipping the past six Grand Slam tournaments, contributed to a slide down the rankings that dropped him to 161st.

He's climbing his way up, expected to return to the top 50 on Monday. The unseeded Nalbandian was impressive all week, winning 12 of 13 sets while upsetting four seeded players: No. 4 Marin Cilic, No. 7 Stanislas Wawrinka, No. 13 Gilles Simon, and No. 8 Baghdatis, who lost to Roger Federer in the 2006 Australian Open final.

Asked if he feels as though he's playing like someone who's in the top 10, Nalbandian said: "So far, the ranking doesn't say so, but I think I won some great matches and that's what counts."

Nalbandian won Sunday's prematch coin toss and chose to receive, a relatively rare strategy at this level, but one that makes sense. He long has been considered one of the game's top returners and entered Sunday having broken opponents in a tournament-best 59 percent of their service games during the week.

And Nalbandian went right to work on Baghdatis, breaking at love in the opening game with the help of a forehand return winner. The match was a minute old, but the tone was set.

Cheered by dozens of fans waving Argentina's blue-and-white flag, Nalbandian gave his country a third consecutive title in Washington. Juan Martin del Potro won the tournament in 2008 and 2009 -- following up the latter with a U.S. Open championship -- but he has been out since January because of right wrist surgery and didn't enter.

Based on Nalbandian's performances this week, it seems likely that players will hope to avoid facing him on the U.S. Open's hard courts, where action begins Aug. 30.

"If I continue playing this good," Nalbandian said Sunday, looking ahead to Flushing Meadows, "I have chances to go very far."

Notes
Mardy Fish of the United States and Mark Knowles of the Bahamas won the doubles title, beating Tomas Berdych and Radek Stepanek of the Czech Republic 4-6, 7-6 (7), 10-7 tiebreak.

http://espn.go.com/sports/tennis/news/story?id=5447402

#45 09-08-2010 16:30:33

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

ATP Waszyngton: Nalbandian triumfuje

David Nalbandian jest czwartym Argentyńczykiem, który triumfował w turnieju w Waszyngtonie. Wcześniej dokonali tego Guillermo Vilas, Jose Luis Clerc, a w dwóch ostatnich latach Juan del Potro. W finale tegorocznej edycji po blisko dwugodzinnym pojedynku Nalbandian (ATP 117) pokonał 6:2, 7:6 Marcosa Baghdatisa (ATP 25) i po ponad półtora roku przerwy wygrał imprezę cyklu ATP World Tour.
Już w pierwszym gemie Nalbandian przełamał Baghdatisa i spokojnie kontrolował przebieg seta. W drugiej odsłonie pojedynek się wyrównał, ale tego dnia Baghdatis nie potrafił znaleźć sposobu na Argentyńczyka. Ten w turnieju znalazł się dzięki dzikiej karcie. Mimo, iż nie był faworytem, to pokazał kibicom, jak się gra w tenisa na wysokim poziomie. Po drodze odprawił z kwitkiem Wawrinkę, Simona i Čilicia.

Tegorocznego turnieju na twardych kortach w Waszyngtonie nie będą mile wspominać Amerykanie. W 2007 roku w finale zagrali Andy Roddick i John Isner (ATP 19). Tym razem ostatni reprezentanci gospodarzy odpadli już w 1/8 finału.

Na osłodę dla kibiców w grze podwójnej triumfował ich rodak Mardy Fish, który w parze z Markiem Knowlesem pokonał po super tie breaku czeską parę Tomáša Berdycha i Radka Štěpánka 4:6, 7:6, 10-7. Dla tego drugiego był to powrót na korty po dwóch miesiącach pauzy spowodowanej kontuzją.

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis/2010/ … triumfuje/

#46 01-10-2010 14:50:37

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Nalbandian to Pass on Asian Tour

Former world No. 3 David Nalbandian will skip the current Asian tour, and focus on the upcoming events in Europe. Nalbandian will end his 2010 season with tournaments in Stockholm and Paris. Nalbandian has won the Stockholm and Paris events as part of his 11 career titles.

http://tennisconnected.com/home/2010/09 … sian-tour/

#47 10-11-2010 17:46:20

Robertinho

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer forever

Posty przeniesione z wątku Paryż-Bercy 2010. Dyskusja została rozpoczęta po przegranym spotkaniu Nalbandiana z Murray'em w 2r. 6-2 4-6 3-6 / jaccol

Nalb.

#48 10-11-2010 18:59:57

Fed-Expresso

Masta

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafael "The Slice King" Nadal

Myślę, że niezależnie od poziomu serwowania Szkota Nalb i tak znalazłby drogę, aby się oddać.

#49 10-11-2010 19:02:37

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Nie róbmy z Nalba takiego frajera. Swoje w życiu przeszedł, do tego od dłuższego czasu nie gra najlepiej.

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#50 10-11-2010 19:15:53

Fed-Expresso

Masta

Ulubiony zawodnik: Rafael "The Slice King" Nadal

DUN I LOVE napisał:

Nie róbmy z Nalba takiego frajera.

Na szczeście FatDave nas w tym wyręcza, mogąc poszczycić się niezliczoną liczbą niewytłumaczalnie przerżniętych spotkań, że o epickim zaprzepaszczeniu pięciu MP ze Nadalem w Indian Wells nie wspomnę.

#51 10-11-2010 20:38:08

Robertinho

DUN I LOVE napisał:

Nie róbmy z Nalba takiego frajera. Swoje w życiu przeszedł, do tego od dłuższego czasu nie gra najlepiej.

Ale on jest liderem peletonu już od wielu lat.

#52 11-11-2010 13:26:50

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Fed-Expresso napisał:

DUN I LOVE napisał:

Nie róbmy z Nalba takiego frajera.

Na szczeście FatDave nas w tym wyręcza, mogąc poszczycić się niezliczoną liczbą niewytłumaczalnie przerżniętych spotkań, że o epickim zaprzepaszczeniu pięciu MP ze Nadalem w Indian Wells nie wspomnę.

Nalb to jeden z 7-8 najbardziej utytułowanych graczy spośród tych aktywnych zawodowo. Owszem bardzo chimeryczny zawodnik, który przegrał wiele meczów na własne życzenie, ale też wygrał i i wiele ważnych pojedynków z najlepszymi zawodnikami świata. Ograł 8 razy Federera, 2 razy Nadala (i to jeszcze jak!). Można dywagować na temat formy rywali, ale przy meczowych jakoś nie znalazł sposobu, by Rafie czy Rogerowi się wtedy "oddać". Takich meczów, jak ten który podałeś jako przykład, znajdziemy co najmniej kilka u każdego tenisisty. Jako kontrargument mogę przytoczyć spotkanie z Federerem w Masters Cup 2005, gdzie David najpierw odrobił 2 sety straty, później tracił prowadzenie 4-0 w 5 secie, by podnieść się raz jeszcze mając 5-6* i 0-30*. Tak wiem, przecież to Federer wtedy sfrajerzył. Inny przykład do Madryt 2007, Fed zgniótł Davida 6-1 w 1 secie, ale to Fat dave okazał się lepszy w dwóch kolejnych partiach. Ilu jest graczy, którzy po porażce z Federerem w secie otwarcia 1-6, grając w finale wielkiego turnieju jest w stanie się podnieść? Myślę, że niewielu, a Nalbowi się to udało. Przypomina mi się też sytuacja, kiedy to ograł Roddicka w Turnieju Mistrzów, dowiedziawszy się kilka godzin wcześniej o tragicznej śmierci swojego 8-letniego Chrześniaka.

Być może jest tak, że mi z łatwością nie przychodzi określanie tenisistów mianem mentalnych nieudaczników czy frajerów. Są tenisiści, którzy nagminnie chołkują przy ważnych piłkach w meczach z czołówką (Mathieu, Almagro, Wawrinka, Verdasco, Robredo), Nalbandian moim zdaniem równie sporo takich meczów wygrał co też i przegrał. Te Jego utraty koncentracji się mniej więcej równoważą.

Inna sprawa, że jest underachiverem, ale jego psychika nie jest jedyną tego przyczyną.

Tym bardziej szokuje mnie jakkolwiek pretensja pod jego adresem do wczorajszego meczu. Rozumiem, że jak wygrał 1 seta ze Szkotem to nie miał prawa przegrać meczu? To nie piłka nożna, gdzie możesz w 1 połowie zdeklasować rywala i później ograniczać się do pilnowania wyniku. Poza tym wydaje mi się, że to Szkot był faworytem tego meczu i to nie David go musiał wygrać. Mylę się?

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#53 11-11-2010 13:37:03

Robertinho

Wszystko pięknie Dawidzie, tylko mówimy o zawodniku o potencjale na co najmniej 2-3 WS i to nie potencjale wirtualnym a'la Gaske, tylko o człowieku który ma na rozkładzie całą czołówkę na przestrzeni ostatnich 7-8 lat. Nie ma co porównywać go z Mathieu, Almagro, Wawrinką, Verdasco, Robredo, bo zupełnie inna półka.  Nalb to niestety największy frajer ATP i kiedy będzie kończył karierę, wspomnimy go podobnie jak Dementevą, jako jednego z Naj bez Szlema
A o wczorajszy mecz owszem trudno mieć pretensje, tylko że to nie jest kwestia kontuzji, on zawsze taki był.

#54 11-11-2010 13:42:42

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Robertinho napisał:

Wszystko pięknie Dawidzie, tylko mówimy o zawodniku o potencjale na co najmniej 2-3 WS i to nie potencjale wirtualnym a'la Gaske, tylko o człowieku który ma na rozkładzie całą czołówkę na przestrzeni ostatnich 7-8 lat. Nie ma co porównywać go z Mathieu, Almagro, Wawrinką, Verdasco, Robredo, bo zupełnie inna półka.  Nalb to niestety największy frajer ATP i kiedy będzie kończył karierę, wspomnimy go podobnie jak Dementevą, jako jednego z Naj bez Szlema
A o wczorajszy mecz owszem trudno mieć pretensje, tylko że to nie jest kwestia kontuzji, on zawsze taki był.

A no właśnie. To mnie obruszyło, bo post Pawła zdawał się wskazywać na zakwalifikowanie go do tej grupy.

O kontuzjach raczej nie myślałem pisząc o innych niż głowa przyczynach niespełnienia. Myślałem raczej o jego kondycji, która delikatnie rzecz ujmując znacznie odbiegała od standardów panujących na szczycie listy ATP.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#55 11-11-2010 13:56:56

Robertinho

DUN I LOVE napisał:

A no właśnie. To mnie obruszyło, bo post Pawła zdawał się wskazywać na zakwalifikowanie go do tej grupy.

Raczej idzie o to że jest od nich jeszcze gorszy, bo marnuje większy potencjał.   Tak, kwestie przygotowania były tu ważne, ale to też była kwestia jego problemów ze sobą.

#56 12-11-2010 14:02:51

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Przyszedł czas na podsumowanie sezonu w wykonaniu Nalbandiana. Sam David podsumowauje ten rok jako dziwny, ze względu na kontuzje. Jednocześnie jest zadowolony ze stanu swojego zdrowia w 2 części sezonu.

"It was a strange year because of the injuries. But in the second half of the season I felt good because I was able to compete on a regular basis. I'm quite happy about what I've achieved this year."

Nalb w 2010
Rozegranych spotkań: 36
Bilans meczów: 27-9
Tytuły/Finały: 1/0 (tytuł w Waszyngtonie)
Ranking: 25
Zarobki: $575,726

Seria operacji i innych zabiegów tak się niestety kończy. 36 meczów na przestrzeni całego roku to bardzo mało, ale cieszy fakt, że Argentyńczyk znowu jest notowany w Top-25.

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#57 18-11-2010 09:36:39

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

David receives Konex de Platino Award

David has been awarded the "Konex de Platino" by the Fundación Konex, honouring his achievements and role in Argentine sports in the last decade. The foundation's awards are given to Argentine athletes, as well as public figures from a variety of other fields.

The jury, presided over by Gabriela Sabatini, selected five Argentine athletes with outstanding achievements in the last decade from 20 different sports (ranging from tennis and football to rugby, polo and sports for the disabled) to receive a so-called "Diploma al Mérito". For tennis, the five selected players were: David, Guillermo Coria, Gaston Gaudio, Juan Martin Del Potro and Paola Suárez.
Out of those five, one athlete in each of the 20 different sports was singled out for the Konex de Platino award. And in the tennis category, the award went to David. (His friend Adolfo Cambiaso picked up the one for polo and Lionel Messi won it in the football category.) While basketball star Manu Ginobili was crowned Argentine athlete of the last decade. (Source: Clarin/DyN.)

From David's Twitter:

I thank the Fundación Konex for bestowing the Konex de Platino award on me.
I dedicate it to my family for their support throughout my career.

http://www.vamosdavid.com/2010/11/david … award.html

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#58 01-01-2011 12:27:26

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

David Nalbandian kończy dziś 29 lat. Najlepszego !

http://tyska--lolus.pamietnik.naszej.przyjazni.blogasek.pl/upload/24urodziny.gif

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#59 01-01-2011 12:57:53

jaccol55

Administrator

New Ballsy już nie tacy New?

Końskiego zdrowia przez cały sezon życzę.

#60 01-01-2011 14:15:28

Davioz

User

Przede wszystkim zdrowia i dużo wygranych spotkań w rozpoczynającym się sezonie.

Stopka forum

RSS