Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#61 28-02-2011 16:24:58

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Re: Richard Gasquet

Gasquet out of French Davis Cup side with shoulder injury

http://www.tennistalk.com/images/article/703.jpg

After a good run in Dubai, Richard Gasquet pulled out of his country's upcoming Davis Cup tie against Austria.

The clay court laid down in a spare aircraft hanger at Vienna airport will look particularly uninviting to the French Davis Cup squad this weekend after Richard Gasquet was added to the list of injury pullouts for the
visiting nation, a former champion in the worldwide team event.

The No. 33 withdrew with a right shoulder injury, leaving captain Guy Forget seriously pondering his remaining choices after earlier pullouts from Gale Monfils (wrist injury) and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, who announced this month that he is suffering with a hernia after missing months last season due to knees.

"Richard Gasquet must observe a period of rest and is thus forced to forfeit," read a French Federation statement.

Gasquet most recently played in the Dubai Championships, where he lost comprehensively to Roger Federer in a semi-final. Forget will now have to bring on board 51st-ranked Jeremy Chardy, a Dubai first-round singles loser who played the doubles final with Feliciano Lopez.

The remainder of the French team will likely consist of No. 33 Gilles Simon, 27th-ranked Michael Llodra and Julien Benneteau. Austria are fully fit, with No. 10 Jurgen Melzer leading a squad which also includes Stefan Koubek , Martin Fischer and Julian Knowle in doubles.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20110 … der_injury

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#62 23-05-2011 20:45:36

Serenity

User

RG 2011 - konferencja po zwycięstwie w 1 rundzie

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/multi … 000b5.html

#63 25-05-2011 21:44:56

Serenity

User

RG 2011 - konferencja po zwycięstwie w 2 rundzie.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/multi … 00109.html

Ostatnio edytowany przez Serenity (31-05-2011 16:23:26)

#64 31-05-2011 16:23:57

Serenity

User

RG 2011 - konferencja po porażce w 4 rundzie.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/multi … 001bb.html

Ostatnio edytowany przez Serenity (31-05-2011 16:25:47)

#65 25-06-2011 12:44:21

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

Richard Reinvigorated
DEUCE

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/C7B05B4105454AC2843719280B1164FC.ashx
Frenchman Richard Gasquet is bidding to break back into the Top 10 of the South
African Airways ATP Rankings.

Richard Gasquet comes to Wimbledon, the site of his best Grand Slam performance, with the opportunity to return to the Top 10 for the first time since 2008.

It has been four years since Richard Gasquet reached, to date, his only Grand Slam championship semi-final at the All England Club. He has won seven ATP World Tour titles on clay, grass, hard and indoor surfaces – a rare feat.

For a player of great flair, classical elegance, imagination and natural talent, it is scant reward. But under the guidance of his former coach Eric Deblicker, and latterly Ivan Ljubicic’s long-time mentor, Riccardo Piatti, and a former fellow cap-wearing Frenchman, Sebastien Grosjean, this year, Gasquet is starting to edge closer to the Top 10 and maturing as a player at the age of 25.

“The French way is to play beautiful strokes, with style and to hit the ball early,” Gasquet told DEUCE at the Internazionali BNL d’Italia in Rome. “I am a product of that philosophy, yet now I am learning to channel my emotions in order to play my best tennis on a regular basis.

“I am learning to
channel my emotions
in order to play my
best tennis”

“I have always played with a lot of feeling, but what I must do is stay relaxed and try to play without hesitation and not to be afraid to hit out on my shots. I am now focusing on staying calm on the court to play my best tennis.”

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/DEUCE-Tennis/DEUCE-Roland-Garros-Wimbledon-2011/~/media/F3EF91872F7D40F982F933B45EED0F37.ashxBy standing closer to the baseline and taking the ball earlier again, he is playing with more aggression and his confidence is soaring. “When I am able to take the ball early and hit a flat shot, it is better for me,” he admits. “If I am aggressive and come to the net, I grow in confidence.”

In the space of 12 months, Gasquet has risen from No. 48 to No. 13 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings, just six spots shy of his career-high World No. 7 in July 2007. His results this season have matched his ranking spike. Victories over Andy Roddick, at the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells, and Tomas Berdych and Roger Federer in Rome, have given substance to the impression that Gasquet knows he can no longer rely on his natural talent if he is to fulfil his career objectives.

“I’m really pumped up and in good health,” he admits. “I am finding the right balance between offence and defence, and I realise I must wait for the right ball to attack. Riccardo and I always talk before matches that if I move forward, I can make it difficult for my opponents.”

There has also been a marked improvement in his conditioning and by refining his service motion he has added pop and spin. “My fitness has become one of my greatest strengths and that has helped my rise,” says Gasquet, “but to break the Top 5 not only requires superior conditioning but consistency, particularly at every Grand Slam tournament. Right now, Nadal, Djokovic, Federer and Murray are so consistent.

“My goal is to maintain my Top 20 ranking this year, but the goal between No. 6 and No. 20 is small, so there is scope to get into the Top 10. With Gael [Monfils] and Jo[-Wilfried Tsonga] improving their ranking, the healthy competition motivates each of us.”

In 2005, he won his first ATP World Tour title on the grass of Nottingham and famously saved three match points to beat Roger Federer 6-7(1), 6-2, 7-6(8) at the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters. Two years later, he finished the season a career-best No. 8 and qualified for the year-end championships.

“He has the game, of
course, and now he
really wants to stay at
the top”

The results only seemed to vindicate French monthly Tennis Magazine putting a nine-year-old Gasquet on its front cover in February 1996. But he has always developed at his own pace. His parents, Francis and Maryse, had never pushed him. In recent years his form had been sporadic, his mental toughness had come under the microscope and younger rivals had risen to the upper echelons of the sport. But that never bothered Gasquet.

Former World No. 4 Grosjean, who maximised his talent to reach semi-finals at the Australian Open, Roland Garros and Wimbledon, is in no doubt that when Gasquet does return to the Top 10 it won’t be fleeting. “He will be back in Top 10, because he can adapt on all courts. He has the game, of course, and now he really wants to stay at the top. He has a good attitude for the high level. He just needs to be more sure of himself. Little by little he is more positive and has a great attitude.”

Arnaud Clement insists, “He has improved a lot. He is more aggressive than the past couple of years, as he knows to get back into the Top 10 he has to do that.” Michael Llodra also recognises the fact that Gasquet will be a “big asset” for France in the future. “Last year he was on the Davis Cup team, but he didn’t play. As the third or fourth best Frenchman it is never easy. But we all know he has the talent to beat anyone and he will be a big asset once again.”

Having drawn a line over the past couple of years, Gasquet is entering the second chapter of his career with renewed vigour, which could spell trouble for his rivals that fear the return of his spellbinding game, his immaculately groomed single-handed backhand.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/DEUCE- … squet.aspx

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#66 26-06-2011 09:07:44

jaccol55

Administrator

#67 26-06-2011 11:25:46

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 3 rundzie

R. Gasquet bt. S. Bolelli 6 3, 6 2, 6 4

Q. You have reached the last 16. How do you feel your game is going?

RICHARD GASQUET: Yeah, I'm feeling good. I didn't lose a set, so I'm playing good. I played well today. It was a dangerous opponent; he won Wawrinka, so...

But at the start I had to play well to be confident. He fell down a little bit, and that was the key of the match. I wanted to be aggressive and to lead the game. I played two very good set, and after I felt a little bit pressure. But I finished the match with a good serve.

Q. Can I ask you, do you remember obviously your match with Murray here? What are your memories of that match three years ago?

RICHARD GASQUET: It was for me a good memory really, even if I lost. I played very well. I remember the crowd were very impressive. We told all the time, English, Wimbledon, it's quiet. But it was incredible. A lot people were cheering for him.

I remember the third and the fourth and the fifth set it was very difficult for me to play, because a lot guys were it was a lot of noise. I could finish in three set. I had a break 5 4 for me, but he fights a lot and I couldn't finish the match.

Q. You wanted them to stop because of the light.

RICHARD GASQUET: Yeah, I remember.

Q. Do you think they should have stopped?

RICHARD GASQUET: It was hard to see. Hard to see. I were losing. He was very confident.

But as I said, the crowd help him a lot this day. I remember it was very noisy.

Q. How much harder do you think it is three years later? How much better is an Andy?

RICHARD GASQUET: He's better for sure, because when I played him he were maybe 12 in the world, maybe 12 or 13 in the world. So now he's 4, so he's much better.

But it was a good match for him, and after he won I remember one month later in Cincinnati, and he had the US Open. So he improve a lot in this period three years ago. Now he's much better than when I played him three years ago.

But if I have to play against him, I have for sure nothing to lose.

Q. Do matches like that have a psychological effect on players, or do you have to find a way of putting memories to one side?

RICHARD GASQUET: No, I always played well against him. I always won the first two sets in Roland Garros, so I hope not to win the first two sets this time. (Smiling.)

But, yeah, all the time. But he's fighting a lot. That's difficult, because he's putting all the balls in the court. He's very clever. He's one of the best player in the world.

Yeah, but both time I played him in Roland Garros and Wimbledon I was playing very well. Even if I lost, it was a good match, good matches for me.

Q. What part of his game has improved the most, do you think?

RICHARD GASQUET: Just he's playing faster than before. Before he played a little bit slow, and now he's playing very fast. He's aggressive. He's powerful. He has a big serve, big forehand. He's running everywhere.

He's also a very clever player. He knows how to win the points. No, he's one of the best player of the world for sure. He can win a Grand Slam soon.

Q. Did you speak after the matches in Roland Garros and back here? Was there any conversation?

RICHARD GASQUET: No, no, no, not so much. Yeah, I could win really. Two sets and 5 4, I could win the match, yeah.

But I hope to win two sets against him another time, but it's always tough to play because he's fighting a lot.

Q. As you say, there is a big help for a British player playing here, but there is also a lot pressure, isn't there? Can you understand that that pressure can be negative sometimes?

RICHARD GASQUET: Yeah, but I think he used to. I think he did some semi-finals here, so now he's more mature. He's 24 years old, so for him it's now. He has to win this year, next year. That's the best time for him to play his best game in Wimbledon.

Q. You've run into both Nadal and Djokovic twice each this year. How would you evaluate them here on grass?

RICHARD GASQUET: Incredible even on grass. You know, Rafael won last year; Djokovic is playing unbelievable. So for sure that four players are the favourite. Nadal, Djokovic, Murray, and Federer, those are the big favourites of the tournaments.

But I think Nadal is one of the he's the favourite of the tournament for me more than the other one because he won last year and he won Roland Garros. But everybody can win, I think.

Q. You missed two years here. How much do you enjoy Wimbledon?

RICHARD GASQUET: I'm enjoying a lot. Yes, I missed two years here, so it's a lot. Last time I played it was against Murray in 2008. It's a long time.

So maybe if I have again to play against him, it's very good for me. I'm very happy.

Q. You're having a good year. Are you playing as well now as in 2008 or better?

RICHARD GASQUET: I'm playing good. Yeah, I'm 13 in the world, so I'm improving my level every week. I played well in Roland Garros. No, I'm playing good, I think. It's a good match for me. It's good for me to win second week, and I will try to go...

Q. You're happy on grass as well, aren't you?

RICHARD GASQUET: Yeah, I'm happy to be there. Happy to play again. I missed as I said two years Wimbledon, so I'm happy to be there. I'm happy to be there and I can play and I'm enjoying it. It's very nice to play here in Wimbledon.

Q. Do you still have ambitions of winning Grand Slams yourself?

RICHARD GASQUET: It's tough. It's tough, because when I was second week in Roland Garros I had to win Djokovic, then Federer, then Nadal. Even here in 2007 I won in semi-final I had to win the same: Federer and Nadal.

So even if I'm not far, you are far because you need to win the best after. So I don't know if I can, but I'll try to go farther as I can.

Q. About your foundation, what do you hope to achieve with that?

RICHARD GASQUET: Yeah, I need to do it again, because I had some problems two years ago. I had a lot of things to think. But I will try to do it again, because I stop a little bit. I will try to do something this year again.

Q. But the idea was to use sport to help...

RICHARD GASQUET: Yeah, in the south of France with the children, the poor children. No, for sure I have to do it again.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 31430.html

#68 29-06-2011 15:38:55

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po porażce w 4 rundzie

R. Gasquet def by A. Murray 6-7, 3-6, 2-6

Q. Was the first set tiebreak the key to that match? Because last time I played him at Wimbledon it went five sets.

RICHARD GASQUET: Yeah, it was very important. The first set we play almost one hour. I have some opportunities to win the first set, some break points, one break point at the start of the match.

But he served very well, especially in the second set. I tried to keep my serve, but he played well. You know, he's doing everything. He has great backhand, good forehand, he's running a lot, he's clever on the court also, so he's a good player.

Q. Is he a better player now than three years ago at this stage?

RICHARD GASQUET: Yeah, for sure. He's 4 in the world now. Three years ago he were 15 or something.

So he's better, yeah.

Q. Did it make any difference to you that you were playing in front of Prince William and Princess Caroline, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge? It's not every day that royalty shows up at Wimbledon.

RICHARD GASQUET: It's very nice for tennis and me to see them. It's a great. I will have a great memories from that for sure.

But after, it's tennis. I didn't lose because they came, no.

Q. It was not a distraction, it was a privilege more than a distraction?

RICHARD GASQUET: No, it's very nice for them to be there. For me, it's nice to see that. I will keep a lot of great memories from that for sure.

But after...

Q. Did you see Andy's bow afterwards?

RICHARD GASQUET: No.

Q. You had already left the court?

RICHARD GASQUET: I had left the court.

Q. It was very theatrical

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 39187.html

Stopka forum

RSS