mtenis.pun.pl - forum fanów tenisa ATP

Ogłoszenie

Forum zostało przeniesione na adres: www.mtenis.com.pl

#61 01-01-2011 21:25:06

Yannick

User

Ulubiony zawodnik: Tomic-Roddick

Re: David Nalbandian

No właśnie zdrowia życzymy i omijanie  wszelakich paskudnych kontuzji, bo Nalbi to jeden z najciekawszych
zawodników w tourze i chcemy jeszcze się trochę nacieszyć jego grą zanim zakończy karierę. 

#62 18-01-2011 20:21:36

Serenity

User

AO 2011 - wywiad po zwycięstwie w 1 rundzie

Q. How much of a factor playing Lleyton at home is in your mind when you go onto the court and potentially it could be his last appearance here at the Australian Open?
DAVID NALBANDIAN: You mean before the match?

Q. Yes.

DAVID NALBANDIAN: Before the match I thought the match will be very, very tough, like was. I mean, he didn't play a lot in the last month, and I thought maybe if I play good with good shots, maybe he wasn't on a good move.

I mean, but he play unbelievable. From the beginning was very tough. Very tough first round. And I expect a match like that with the crowd. It's amazing playing with full stadium, with him here in Australia.

But I think we both have a lot of chances. I mean, I was two match points down and then I turnover. I was serving for the match before in the fifth. It was that kind of matches that nobody can forget it.

Q. You played him here five years ago in a similar situation. Did that memory play any part for you tonight as well?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: No, that was quarterfinals, was many years ago. We both are older now with hip surgery. It is not easy to come back. I think we play a very intense tennis today until the end. We was both cramping, very tired. We fight. We both fight until the very end.

Q. Do you have any more energy for the next round?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: I hope so. I have a day off tomorrow or today (smiling). I hope so. Gonna do all the things necessary to try to recover, to be ready.

But these kind of matches give a lot of confidence, as well. So we will see.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 92611.html

#63 22-01-2011 23:38:09

Serenity

User

AO 2011 - wywiad po porażce (kreczu) w 2 rundzie

Q. How much did the first round match against Lleyton Hewitt take out of you?
DAVID NALBANDIAN: A lot. Of course, today I was like empty, you know? Didn't feel good. Is tough, very tough.

Q. Was it an injury or just tiredness?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: Everything. Nothing specific. Like empty, you know? I toss a ball for the serve and everything was moving around. It's tough playing like that.

Call the doctor. Told me that dangerous playing like that. That's why I retired.

Q. What about emotionally? You and Lleyton are great rivals, such a big match. Did you lack motivation coming into this match?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: It's completely different. Of course, it's better if you won. But sometimes is difficult. Of course, playing Lleyton on center court with all the crowd, it's a different motivations. But this tournament, all matches are very important, as well.

But today I try, but I couldn't.

Q. Did you feel like that right from the start?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: I feel a little better in the beginning. But every game getting little worse. So worser and worse. Not much to do really.

Q. What about your opponent, what do you make of him and his future?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: Well, he obviously is a good player. Unfortunately, I couldn't effort him very much. But looks like he's going to be a good one.

Q. How long do you think it's going to take you to be at the same fitness level as you were before?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: Well, you never know. Matches are matches. Sometimes you play a short match but with a lot of stress on it, with a lot of pressure. That sometimes is worse than playing four hours. You never know.

But I think during the year I'm going to be better.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/new … 42936.html

#64 23-01-2011 01:12:07

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Ulubiony zawodnik: Roger Federer

Pierwszy finał w 2011 roku

Fatalnie zakończyła się podróż Davida na Antypody, ale początek był całkiem niezły. Nalb osiągnął swój pierwszy finał ATP w 2011 roku. W Auckland przegrał mecz o tytuł z Davidem Ferrerem. Był to już 11 przegrany finał w karierze Argentyńczyka, a 22 łącznie (11-11).

David Nalbandian - finały ATP (11)

2011 (1) Auckland
2008 (3) ATP Masters Series Paris, Basel, Acapulco
2004 (3) Basel, ATP Masters Series Madrid, ATP Masters Series Rome
2003 (2) Basel , ATP Masters Series Canada
2002 (1) Wimbledon
2001 (1) Palermo

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#65 20-02-2011 14:00:54

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

Ulubiony zawodnik: Andy Roddick

David Nalbandian Will Go Down As the Greatest of All Time...to Be Slam-Less

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/034/987/103855266_crop_340x234.jpg?1285361326

Eight years ago, the tennis world watched in shock as a relatively unknown Argentine stormed to the Wimbledon final. He was stocky, gritty, and ornery, but there was something intriguing about his game, something that hinted at his vast potential. His return of serve was smooth and potent, and his backhand was fearsome. His future was bright, and certainly a Grand Slam title awaited him.

Fast-forward through a career littered with injuries, mental lapses, and missed opportunities, however, and we're left wondering whether David Pablo Nalbandian earn the infamous designation of being the greatest player of all time to finish his career without a Grand Slam title?

His results scream a resounding "Yes!"

Following his breakthrough performance at Wimbledon in 2002, Nalbandian built upon his success the next year, making it to the Montreal final (losing to Roddick), and then to the U.S. Open semifinals, dispatching former finalist Mark Philppoussis and some scrub named Roger Federer (for the second time in a Slam and third time overall that year) along the way.

In the semis, Nalbandian faced Roddick once again, and seemed to have turned the tables on the American. In what would become a recurring theme for the man from Córdoba, Nalbandian held a two-set lead and a match point in the third set tiebreak, but failed to convert; he lost his nerve and consequently the match, ensuring that Roddick would not go down as the Greatest to Never Win a Slam.

In 2003, Nalbandian reached his third Slam semifinal is as many years, and on as many surfaces, displaying his versatility. En route to the Roland Garros semis, the Argentine defeated Marat Safin and three-time champion Guga Kuerten, and entered his semifinal showdown against compatriot Gaston Gaudio as the heavy favorite.

Inexplicably, Nalbandian folded, losing in straight sets and cordially paving the way for Gaudio to become the worst Grand Slam champion of all time. The following year saw more of the same from Nalbandian, who made it deep into the Slams only to come up short against lesser competition, as was the case in his loss to Thomas Johansson in the Wimbledon quarterfinals.

And then it happened.

Just when we were ready to label him a perennial disappointment and head case, the Argentine showcased just what he was capable of. After losing the first two sets in hotly contested tiebreaks to Federer in the 2005 Masters Cup final, the Nalbandian we had expected to see all along emerged. At times he seemed to wield a wand rather than a racket, creating incredible angles, deftly volleying, and painting the lines with his blistering ground strokes. He blitzed Federer in the third and fourth sets and ultimately won the biggest title of his career to date in a fifth-set tiebreaker.

Surely now he would realize his potential and go all the way at a Slam, right?

He rode the momentum of his victory into the next year, breezing into the Australian Open semis, completing his “semi Slam.” There, Nalbandian faced the then-obscure, pudgy, loveable Cypriot, Marcos Baghdatis. Despite leading two sets to love and being up 4-2 in the deciding set, the Argentine once again imploded, losing 6-4 in the fifth.

At Roland Garros, Nalbandian battled his way to the semifinals, winning the first set from Federer and breaking him early in the second. The usually stoic Swiss was so flustered by Nalbandian’s play that he demolished his racket in a rare display of anger. However, predictably, a Nalbandian victory was not to be, as he was forced to retire.

After the 2006 Roland Garros semis, Nalbandian struggled to put together any meaningful runs until the tail end of 2007. Out of nowhere, the Argentine went on a tear unlike any in his career—and unlike any in the career of any player not named Nadal or Federer, for that matter.

At the Madrid Masters, Nalbandian defeated Berdych, del Potro, Nadal, Djokovic, and Federer in succession, becoming just the third player ever to defeat the world’s top three in the same tournament. The next week, Nalbandian defeated Federer and Nadal again en route to his second consecutive Masters shield, becoming the first player ever to defeat the two in the same tournament twice, as well as the first man to defeat both in an ATP final.

Since then, his results have been middling at best, and have left us scratching our heads. He may not be in the twilight of his career just yet, but he’s at least in the late afternoon of it; while he may still be able to take out a big name or two in the Slams, it’s doubtful that he’ll go all the way. Whether it’s his love for other sports (he’s an avid car racer and once tanked a match to watch Argentina in the World Cup), his propensity for getting injured, or nerves, I can say with certainty that Nalbandian will finish his career without a Slam.

What he has accomplished, though, qualifies him as the GOATTHNWAS, or the Greatest of All Time to Have Never Won a Slam. Outside of the world’s current top three, he’s the only guy to reach the semis at all four Slams. In an era that features two men who could each be the GOAT, Nalbandian has held his own, having been known at different times as both Nadal’s and Federer’s kryptonite. His career-high ranking is No. 3, and in the deepest era of men’s tennis to date, he managed to finish in the top 10 for five consecutive years between 2003-2007. Throw in a Year-End Championship, and there you have it.

The only other players who I think come close to being the GOATTHNWAS are Miloslav Mecir and Todd Martin. I believe that Nalbandian is more of an all-court player than Martin, and also possesses a more complete repertoire of shots. I’m too young to have seen Mecir play, and while it’s true that the Czech had a more prolific career than Nalbandian has had, winning Olympic gold and reaching two Slam finals, I give the Argentine the edge for playing in the era of Nadal and Federer. Also, perhaps most importantly, Nalbandian was named one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World by People en Español, which has to count for something.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4727 … -slam-less

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#66 06-03-2011 09:31:24

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

Injured Nalbandian to miss Indian Wells, Miami

David Nalbandian will miss the tournaments at Indian Wells and Miami with a torn left hamstring and a sports hernia, reports Ole. Nalbandian managed to beat Romania's Adrian Ungur on the opening day of Davis Cup despite suffering from the injury.

http://tennis.com/articles/templates/ti … 6&zoneid=6

MTT - tytuły (9)
2011: Belgrad, TMS Miami, San Jose; 2010: Wiedeń, Rotterdam; 2009: TMS Szanghaj, Eastbourne; 2008: US OPEN, Estoril.
MTT - finały (8)
2011: TMS Rzym; 2010: Basel, Marsylia; 2009: WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, TMS Madryt; 2008: WTF

#67 10-03-2011 15:29:14

DUN I LOVE

Ojciec Chrzestny

David Nalbandian przeszedł operację.

Argentyński zawodnik przeszedł operację przepukliny i jego powrót na kort spodziewany jest na Madryt lub Rzym, czyli tuż przed RG.

Link po hiszpańsku:
http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/st … type=story

MTT - tytuły (9)
MTT - finały (8)

#68 10-03-2011 15:39:55

Bizon

siła spokoju

Eh David, współczuje ci tych kontuzji, bo tenisista z ciebie nieprzeciętny, ale pytanie czy warto to jeszcze ciągnąć ?

MTT Singiel : (Rank-2)

W : Los Angeles 08, Dubaj 09, New Heaven 09, Bangkok 09, Pekin 09, Madryt 10, Roland Garros 10, Barcelona 11, Madryt 11, Roland Garros 11
F  : Olympic Games 08, Bangkok 08, s'Hertogenbosch 10, Wimbledon 10, Los Angeles 10, Memphis 11

#69 10-03-2011 16:09:28

jaccol55

Administrator

Davis Cup - Nalbandian to have hernia op

http://d.yimg.com/i//ng/sp/eurosport/20110310/25/9617e4937a32e62805ccd8f696b75b92.jpg

Argentina’s David Nalbandian will undergo an operation to correct the hernia problem that reduced him to tears during his heroic Davis Cup win over Adrian Ungur on March 4.

The world number 19 battled to a 6-3 6-2 5-7 6-4 win over the Romanian despite clearly suffering from the injury, which he picked up during his quarter-final defeat to Tommy Robredo at the ATP Buenos Aires tournament in February.
He will be out for at least two months after undergoing the op on Friday, which will also correct an injury to his adductor muscles.
"It was one of the worst moments of my career," Nalbandian, 29, said. "In any other tournament I would have pulled out, but I could not abandon (a national team match).
"It was a horrible experience, but I could not do anything else."
Former world number three Nalbandian is expected to return in time for the Madrid Masters or the Rome Masters early in May as he bids to be fit for the French Open at the end of the month.

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/10032011/58/ … ia-op.html

#70 11-05-2011 11:19:45

Raddcik

Come on Andy !

The Withdrawal Method - David out of Nice and Roland Garros

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nF6Zo4t4NaE/TcmbOoPEkhI/AAAAAAAAD2g/IvXEazwRWmY/s1600/RG.jpg

The courts are being prepared at the Stade Roland-Garros in Paris. But once again, David won't be among those, playing on them. Earlier today, his spokesman Bernardo Ballero delivered the news that David has decided to pull out of Nice and Roland Garros, making this the third year in a row that he will miss the clay-court Slam.
Ballero spoke to Argentine news agency Telam, I'll quote from their article.

"Because of the fact that he didn't get match practice on clay, Nalbandian decided not to play Nice and Roland Garros and to continue his recovery in order to make his comeback on the Tour in the best possible way."

"David had a fever that affected him for a week and delayed his training, and that led to him, taking the decision to withdraw from Nice and Roland Garros."

Being one of the Grand Slam tournaments, Roland Garros is played in the best-of-five format, which means that it requires a greater physical effort from the players. An issue that was also evaluated among Nalbandian's team.
    Therefore, he will return to the Tour at the Queen's Club tournament in England, which starts on June 6.

- Apparently with a wildcard, since David's name is not on the Queen's Club entry list.

Update
More from Ballero, this time via Cancha Llena:

As his spokesman Bernardo Ballero confirmed to canchallena.com, Nalbandian is not yet in top shape, physically. A week after the operation, which took place in March, David suffered a severe fever, because of which he had to rest for 10 days and which made him lose five to six kilos of muscle mass that according to Ballero he "still hasn't recovered".

"He shouldn't have any problems, coming back at Queen's," the spokesman said. Nalbandian will return at this event, prior to the tournament at Wimbledon, which starts on June 20. He also said that he will play the Davis Cup quarterfinal against Kazakhstan.

That's the official version and as much info as there is at the moment. The rest is questions and speculations. What's clear is that his preparations have been severely affected by his illness and the loss of weight that went with it. But if he's "ready" now as Ballero said in another quote (mentioned in the previous post) the question remains why he doesn't go and give it a try, as he could still pull out later if it doesn't work out. Personally, I'm getting the impression that playing on clay as such (outside of the Davis Cup, I might add) is considered too much of a risk. And I'd like to think that's because of David's latest surgeries. But it's probably something else... Even if that certain something is still two months away.
David will do whatever it takes to be there and in shape for the Davis Cup quarterfinal tie in July. That's the one thing that is certain. Last year, in a similar situation, he skipped Wimbledon for the same reason. So will he travel to Britain this time? I very much hope so - but I wouldn't bet my house on it.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/default.aspx

'03.07.2011 - Tennis Died' [*]

#71 28-05-2011 19:20:03

niespotykany

User

Miejmy nadzieję, że jeszcze kiedyś wrócisz.

Proszę o większą uwagę przy pisaniu i pamięć o kropkach na końcu zdania/DUN.

#72 27-06-2011 22:21:48

Serenity

User

Wimbledon 2011 - wywiad po porażce w 3 rundzie

D Nalbandian def by R. Federer 4-6, 2-6, 4-6
Q. What was the injury?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: No, the adds. (Adductors) I get surgery four month ago, and I feel a little bit on one part of the match.

Trainer help me with that, so I hope not a big deal.

Q. Did it affect your performance at all?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: Well, sometimes a little bit feels a little pain, but not much. Just a little bit. So didn't affect really, really much. I mean, he played much better than me today, so no excuse.

Q. You obviously played Roger a lot over the years. Can you compare the way he's playing now to the way he was playing three or four years ago?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: Well, three, four years ago I think he's playing the same level. He improve a lot from, I don't know, six, seven years ago.

After that, he play incredible level all the time, every match, and especially here on grass. He's one of the most winner of the tournament, so he's a great player.

Q. So do you think it's more that maybe Nadal and Djokovic have improved rather than him getting worse?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: Well, Rafa improves a lot, and Novak as well. Novak has amazing year this time, so I think all of those guys improve a lot.

If you didn't do that, it's impossible to be in the top.

Q. And just to come back to you, you've had a lot of injuries recently. How tough is it to keep coming back from that over and over again?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: It is tough. The recovery is very tough, especially for your mind, at home doing just exercise, not training hard as we wish.

But it's very tough on the mind especially.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/int … 86317.html

Stopka forum

RSS